PDA

View Full Version : Computers How to Fix Frozen Gifs in Chrome

Count Zarth
11-04-2012, 01:38 AM
:hmmm:

Type chrome://plugins into the address bar

Click the http://i.imgur.com/cHR0J.jpg button on the right side to expand the plugins

Look for the PPAPI pepperflash plugin.

http://i.imgur.com/CjVhs.jpg

Click Disable

If you already have the official adobe version of flash installed, it should show up right under the pepperflash plugin listing

http://i.imgur.com/nGhd5.jpg

Leave this one enabled.

Otherwise go download the official one from adobe

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

uncheck the mcafee shit obviously

Clear the cache. Restart chrome and see if it still happens

Pepperflash re-enables itself after Chrome updates so look out for that. I know for a fact that this bug is fixed in the Chrome dev builds so it'll be fixed in an update sooner or later.

or since someone will mention it, there's always Firefox or Opera

AussieChiefsFan
11-04-2012, 01:40 AM
I haven't noticed any frozen gifs... :/

bowener
11-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Mine have been frozen the last few weeks.
If I'm very interested I just drag the GIF to the tab bar and open it in its own menu and watch it there... for some reason when I do that, all the GIF in a thread work properly.

nstygma
11-04-2012, 01:53 AM
Mine have been frozen the last few weeks.
If I'm very interested I just drag the GIF to the tab bar and open it in its own menu and watch it there... for some reason when I do that, all the GIF in a thread work properly.
exactly the same here

Silock
11-04-2012, 02:29 AM
It just works.

Ace Gunner
11-04-2012, 06:01 AM
had to stop using chrome. had video conference stream issues. went back to firefox.

I like chrome because it's a lighter page than firefox, but oh well. I do a lot of consulting using video conference.

Guru
11-04-2012, 08:04 AM
So it wasn't just me.

cabletech94
11-04-2012, 08:09 AM
i think lewdawg has that gif of mike tyson, or something.

mine has been frozen since i installed chrome. just wasn't smart enough to fix it.

Tytanium
11-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Thank god, I've been looking for something to fix this for a month or so.

chefsos
11-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Awesome. That worked. Like others have posted, I thought it was a setting on my machine that was fucked up. And, I do recall that this started happening right after a Chrome update.

nstygma
11-04-2012, 12:07 PM
had to stop using chrome. had video conference stream issues. went back to firefox.

I like chrome because it's a lighter page than firefox, but oh well. I do a lot of consulting using video conference.if the stream uses flash, maybe this fix will help.

whoman69
11-05-2012, 02:46 PM

I like chrome because it's a lighter page than firefox, but oh well. I do a lot of consulting using video conference.

I'm the other way. Had to drop firefox to go to chrome.

whoman69
11-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Can anyone tell me how to avoid a tab being opened in another window when its clicked on in chrome?

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Can anyone tell me how to avoid a tab being opened in another window when its clicked on in chrome?

You can ctrl + left click or just middle mouse button click the link to open in a new Tab.

nstygma
11-05-2012, 03:33 PM
You can ctrl + left click or just middle mouse button click the link to open in a new Tab.
not sure what's really being asked here

ElGringo
11-05-2012, 03:53 PM
thanks, figured it was just me, so no reason to bother asking about it.

whoman69
11-05-2012, 05:32 PM

not sure what's really being asked here

I like to surf with many tabs open. But in chrome sometimes when I click on one of my tabs it simply opens up in a new window instead. I want to know how to stop it from doing it.

nstygma
11-05-2012, 06:16 PM
I like to surf with many tabs open. But in chrome sometimes when I click on one of my tabs it simply opens up in a new window instead. I want to know how to stop it from doing it.i do the same, but none of the links i click ever open up in a new window unless its an allowed popup. they only open in new tabs if anything.

whoman69
11-06-2012, 12:41 PM
i do the same, but none of the links i click ever open up in a new window unless its an allowed popup. they only open in new tabs if anything.

I have my computer at work and at home that it happens on. And again I'm not talking about links. If I have multiple tabs open and click on a tab, oftentimes instead of just opening up, it will open in a new window.

QuikSsurfer
11-06-2012, 12:49 PM
I have my computer at work and at home that it happens on. And again I'm not talking about links. If I have multiple tabs open and click on a tab, oftentimes instead of just opening up, it will open in a new window.

That (should) only happens when you click and drag the tab away from the window.

whoman69
11-07-2012, 01:28 PM
That (should) only happens when you click and drag the tab away from the window.

No dragging, only clicking and not every time. But its still annoying.