PDA

View Full Version : Elections Wisconsin State Journal flips for Romney

petegz28
11-04-2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/11/04/wisconsin-state-journal-flips-for-romney/

:hmmm:

Direckshun
11-04-2012, 01:54 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=140&pictureid=1231

SNR
11-04-2012, 02:03 PM
That collective *squirt* you just heard was everybody here in Madison having their periods at the same time.

I was at a coffee shop this morning. I haven't heard hipster bitching like this since the recall elections.

petegz28
11-04-2012, 02:05 PM
That collective *squirt* you just heard was everybody here in Madison having their periods at the same time.

I was at a coffee shop this morning. I haven't heard hipster bitching like this since the recall elections.

Wanna translate that into Olathe lingo?

SNR
11-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Wanna translate that into Olathe lingo?
It's stirring up the locals here. Madisonians take this kind of stuff very seriously.

WoodDraw
11-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Raise your hand if you've ever heard of the Wisconsin Street Journal before today.

[edit] Wisconsin State Journal*

BigRedChief
11-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Raise your hand if you've ever heard of the Wisconsin Street Journal before today.I would think that having Colin Powell, Mayor Bloomberg endorse you and the partisan Gov. Christie say nice things about the job you are doing will sway those independents more than some paper know one has ever heard of before.

petegz28
11-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I would think that having Colin Powell, Mayor Bloomberg endorse you and the partisan Gov. Christie say nice things about the job you are doing will sway those independents more than some paper know one has ever heard of before.

Yeah, Bloomnerg is really the hero of NY right now. Powell? Powell is only liked when he endorses the Left, otherwise he is an Uncle Tom.

Dallas Chief
11-04-2012, 03:42 PM

I thought that sound was BRC shitting in his pants...

Captain Obvious
11-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Don't stop believing.

The Rick
11-04-2012, 04:30 PM

ROFL

I think I heard it over here in Milwaukee. :)

SNR
11-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Raise your hand if you've ever heard of the Wisconsin Street Journal before today.

[edit] Wisconsin State Journal*

It's not going to get Romney a victory. You're missing the point.

This is Madison's newspaper. It represents the feelings of the community at large in any editorial you might find. It was deeply sympathetic of the protestors during the recall elections.

And it endorsed Romney.

Normally who gives a shit? It's a newspaper. Not in Madison. They take these kinds of things very seriously. Anything conservative being propagated by a Madison media outlet is an insult to them. They really get stirred up by stuff like this.

DrunkBassGuitar
11-04-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm sure this will mean something to the 5 people who still haven't figured out who they're going to vote for.

Well it would but I'm guessing they're not the reading type.

BigRedChief
11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
It's not going to get Romney a victory. You're missing the point.

This is Madison's newspaper. It represents the feelings of the community at large in any editorial you might find. It was deeply sympathetic of the protestors during the recall elections.

And it endorsed Romney.

Normally who gives a shit? It's a newspaper. Not in Madison. They take these kinds of things very seriously. Anything conservative being propagated by a Madison media outlet is an insult to them. They really get stirred up by stuff like this.I'm not sure who you are saying is "stirred up". Can you be more specific?

SNR
11-04-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure who you are saying is "stirred up". Can you be more specific?

People who live in Madison, WI. Where I live.

This endorsement of Romney has been blabbed about all day in this town. There have been numerous people that are thinking about ending their subscriptions to the State Journal over this.

petegz28
11-04-2012, 09:40 PM

This endorsement of Romney has been blabbed about all day in this town. There have been numerous people that are thinking about ending their subscriptions to the State Journal over this.

I have to call pee-shaw on that. When I posted that the Iowa papers were going for Romney everyone swore these paper endorsements had no influence or impact.

BigRedChief
11-04-2012, 09:42 PM

This endorsement of Romney has been blabbed about all day in this town. There have been numerous people that are thinking about ending their subscriptions to the State Journal over this.Does this mean they are less likely or more likely to vote for Romney because of the newspaper?

SNR
11-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Does this mean they are less likely or more likely to vote for Romney because of the newspaper?

Oh for fuck's sake.

THAT'S NOT THE POINT

BigRedChief
11-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Oh for fuck's sake.

THAT'S NOT THE POINTI'm not trolling. I swear. Just trying to understand why people are upset.

SNR
11-04-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm not trolling. I swear. Just trying to understand why people are upset.

Have you ever been to Madison or a liberal sanctuary like it? Asheville, NC? Austin, TX?

BigRedChief
11-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Have you ever been to Madison or a liberal sanctuary like it? Asheville, NC? Austin, TX?Yes. So Madison people who subscribe to the paper feel betrayed?

SNR
11-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Yes. So Madison people who subscribe to the paper feel betrayed?

Madison residents are intolerant of any kind of conservative idea existing in their community. While it's a perfectly lovely city, anything not resembling the Isthmus way being propagated within the city limits is anathema to them.

They like to believe the State Journal and other city publications belong to them and their causes. No one else. The fact that Romney is being endorsed in THEIR newspaper repulses them.

Chocolate Hog
11-04-2012, 11:04 PM

Do you wear thick black glasses when you go to this coffee shop?

The Rick
11-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Madison residents are intolerant of any kind of conservative idea existing in their community. While it's a perfectly lovely city, anything not resembling the Isthmus way being propagated within the city limits is anathema to them.

They like to believe the State Journal and other city publications belong to them and their causes. No one else. The fact that Romney is being endorsed in THEIR newspaper repulses them.

SNR is right. You've gotta understand the culture of Madison. There's a reason why the rest of Wisconsin refers to Madison as "The People's Republic of Madison".

This endorsement is the equivalent of The New York Times picking the Red Sox to win an ALCS series against the Yankees.

cookster50
11-05-2012, 10:18 AM
They really get stirred up by stuff like this.

The plan is exposed then. Endorse Romney to piss off the liberals to get them out to vote. Brilliant!

vailpass
11-05-2012, 10:20 AM

LMAO This made me laugh

vailpass
11-05-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure who you are saying is "stirred up". Can you be more specific?

:spock: You are either ignorant or acting purposefully obtuse.
And I know you aren't dumb.

SNR
11-05-2012, 10:46 AM
SNR is right. You've gotta understand the culture of Madison. There's a reason why the rest of Wisconsin refers to Madison as "The People's Republic of Madison".

This endorsement is the equivalent of The New York Times picking the Red Sox to win an ALCS series against the Yankees.
That's a good way of putting it, yes. Thank you.

SNR
11-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Do you wear thick black glasses when you go to this coffee shop?

I wear thick black glasses all the time. I'm amblyopic. My coke bottle lenses need thick frames if I want a sturdy pair of glasses

patteeu
11-05-2012, 11:13 AM
I wear thick black glasses all the time. I'm amblyopic. My coke bottle lenses need thick frames if I want a sturdy pair of glasses

Do you smoke clove cigarettes?