PDA

View Full Version : Elections Who is going to win on Tuesday for President? And Why?

Trivers
11-04-2012, 05:09 PM
This is a private poll. It is up to you share whom you voted for, or intend to vote for.

Canofbier
11-04-2012, 05:15 PM
At this point, I think that most people agree that Obama is the frontrunner. Some have argued that the polling methods have been inappropriately biased, but I'm inclined to think that the majority of polls that have President ahead in electoral votes are more accurate than the few that don't. As for why Obama is the current favorite (or why one may not believe that he is), I'm sure there are a number of other threads in this very forum that discuss that topic, either directly or indirectly.

patteeu
11-04-2012, 05:22 PM
My vote in this poll is based on confidence that people will reject a guy who is like Jimmy Carter II with the divisiveness of Al Sharpton mixed in in favor of a man with exemplary executive skills who is far more likely to be able to bring this country back together. I'm not going to disclose who I voted for though.

Brock
11-04-2012, 05:24 PM
My vote in this poll is based on confidence that people will reject a guy who is like Jimmy Carter II with the divisiveness of Al Sharpton mixed in in favor of a man with exemplary executive skills who is far more likely to be able to bring this country back together. I'm not going to disclose who I voted for though.

LMAO

Saul Good
11-04-2012, 05:25 PM

My vote is based on lack of said confidence. I voted Obama.

BigRedChief
11-04-2012, 05:29 PM
My vote is based on lack of said confidence. I voted Obama.The Republicans should have control of the senate, the congress and the Presidency in January. The R's did this to themselves, not the Dem's putting forth great candidates or a plan.

The_Grand_Illusion
11-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Anybody but Obama, he's been a disaster for this country. I do feel a little better about Romney since the debates though enough to give him a chance.

TGI

J Diddy
11-04-2012, 05:34 PM

You wrote in W didn't you?

BucEyedPea
11-04-2012, 05:36 PM
I don't know who is gonna win...but I do know either way America will lose.

Radar Chief
11-04-2012, 05:38 PM

Patt is more of a Cheney guy.

patteeu
11-04-2012, 05:44 PM

I made my descriptions intentionally vague to mask my vote.

Trivers
11-04-2012, 05:45 PM
I feel like I had to choose between Al Gore and John Kerry. Both suck compared to Clinton or Reagan.

Romney..while holding my nose.

tredadda
11-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Romney's gonna win. Why? Because the Redskins lost.

LiveSteam
11-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Its all about getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar

DrunkBassGuitar
11-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Obama will win because Romney is the Republican's John Kerry.

Bump
11-04-2012, 06:14 PM
It will be Obama. Because his opposition is Romney and he's not a man for the people and doesn't even try to act like one. Most republicans blindly follow whoever their candidate is, it could be anybody and they will vote for him so he is guaranteed those states that are always republican no matter what. So it will be a lot like the last election Obama won.

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2012, 06:18 PM

I'm convinced that Obama is a Borat-like put-on and the joke will eventually be revealed. Then we'll all have a good laugh.

LiveSteam
11-04-2012, 06:22 PM
It will be Obama. Because his opposition is Romney and he's not a man for the people and doesn't even try to act like one. Most republicans blindly follow whoever their candidate is, it could be anybody and they will vote for him so he is guaranteed those states that are always republican no matter what. So it will be a lot like the last election Obama won.

I think their are tons of people like me that voted Obama in 2008. That will vote Mitt this time around.
I think their are lots & lots of people that didnt vote at all in 2008 that will come out & vote for Mitt.
I also think the Mitt will get the independent vote.

I think Mitt has a great shot of pulling this off. I think its a coin flip at this point.

I hope Chris Christy's heart EXPLODES. Fat fucking fool

patteeu
11-04-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm convinced that Obama is a Borat-like put-on and the joke will eventually be revealed. Then we'll all have a good laugh.

ROFL

LiveSteam
11-04-2012, 06:30 PM
A couple girls I know that will be voting for Mittens

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/604108_467371226646590_1926856168_n.jpg

RINGLEADER
11-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Obama will win because Romney is the Republican's John Kerry.

Could end up being the case. An unpopular president elected because voters can't bear the idea of having to live with the other guy for four years. The difference is that Kerry was on the wrong side of the main issues on the minds of people in 2004, whereas Romney is leading Obama on the main issues this time. In some cases, by sizable margins.

patteeu
11-04-2012, 06:35 PM
A couple girls I know that will be voting for Mittens

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/604108_467371226646590_1926856168_n.jpg

I don't have a large sample size, but Romney seems popular with the same sex crowd.

RINGLEADER
11-04-2012, 06:36 PM
In answer to the question this thread poses - it is impossible to know.

Romney appears headed to win INDs by probably 4-8 points.

To offset this 1.5%-2.0%, Obama will need to enjoy a DEM +3 advantage. Certainly doable.

But if Romney wins the turnout war, Obama is done.

Polls can't change that now... ;)

LiveSteam
11-04-2012, 06:37 PM
I don't have a large sample size, but Romney seems popular with the same sex crowd.

They are just goofing. One is married. The other is divorced

LiveSteam
11-04-2012, 06:38 PM
But if Romney wins the turnout war, Obama is done.

Polls can't change that now... ;)

This & its going to happen in a big way

patteeu
11-04-2012, 06:41 PM
They are just goofing. One is married. The other is divorced

It still counts even though it's just casual. I wouldn't kiss my best male friend, would you?

ChiefaRoo
11-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Reagan democrats come to the aid of America and O loses big.

LiveSteam
11-04-2012, 06:43 PM
It still counts even though it's just casual. I wouldn't kiss my best male friend, would you?

Not even if it was BEP :evil:

BigRedChief
11-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Reagan democrats come to the aid of America and O loses big.You really are living in a time warp.

J Diddy
11-04-2012, 06:45 PM

ROFL

DrunkBassGuitar
11-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Could end up being the case. An unpopular president elected because voters can't bear the idea of having to live with the other guy for four years. The difference is that Kerry was on the wrong side of the main issues on the minds of people in 2004, whereas Romney is leading Obama on the main issues this time. In some cases, by sizable margins.

Yes but the attitude among democrats was "Anyone but Bush!!" and that really seems to be the rallying cry of republicans this year. I don't think that's a winning philosophy.

I don't think Obama is going to win in a landslide. I think it will be something like 294-244. Congress will still be deadlocked and hated.

Iowanian
11-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Romney will win, not because he is a great option, but because Obama is the Scott Pioli of Presidents.

Save our Commander in Chiefs.........

We cannot afford another 4 years of Obama.

patteeu
11-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Romney will win, not because he is a great option, but because Obama is the Scott Pioli of Presidents.

ROFL

DaFace
11-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Obama, because that's what the polls suggest. :)

ClevelandBronco
11-04-2012, 07:23 PM
I should confess that I've lied to every pollster who has called.

The_Grand_Illusion
11-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Whoever wins, Benghazigate is not going to go away.

TGI

LiveSteam
11-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Whoever wins, Benghazigate is not going to go away.

TGI

& it shouldn't.

Direckshun
11-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Obama.

Romney is an empty shirt.

I predict that after he is rejected, he will pretty much vanish from public view altogether. He has no office, the GOP only dealt with him because he was their best hope. He'll recede back to private life, making more money than God.

The_Grand_Illusion
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Obama.

Romney is an empty shirt.

I predict that after he is rejected, he will pretty much vanish from public view altogether. He has no office, the GOP only dealt with him because he was their best hope. He'll recede back to private life, making more money than God.

ROFL

At least Romney has a shirt, your Obama has no clothes. ROFL

TGI

cosmo20002
11-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Only one day left--anyone know what time they are announcing that Obama is cancelling the election tomorrow as so many on here assured would occur?

ROFL

RINGLEADER
11-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Yes but the attitude among democrats was "Anyone but Bush!!" and that really seems to be the rallying cry of republicans this year. I don't think that's a winning philosophy.

I don't think Obama is going to win in a landslide. I think it will be something like 294-244. Congress will still be deadlocked and hated.

In September I would have agreed with you. Don't think so anymore. You don't draw 30K to your rallies if it's a "throw the bum out" mentality.

The only prediction I'm making is that it won't be the super-close result everyone is expecting.

What should cause Dems pause, however, are polls that show it tied but use a Dem +6, +8, or even +11 sample. If Romney is running even in a +11 Dem sample and those numbers are accurate then Obama is doomed -- I don't care how far ahead he is in early voting...

BigRedChief
11-04-2012, 08:52 PM
In September I would have agreed with you. Don't think so anymore. You don't draw 30K to your rallies if it's a "throw the bum out" mentality.

The only prediction I'm making is that it won't be the super-close result everyone is expecting.

What should cause Dems pause, however, are polls that show it tied but use a Dem +6, +8, or even +11 sample. If Romney is running even in a +11 Dem sample and those numbers are accurate then Obama is doomed -- I don't care how far ahead he is in early voting...Don't you have a personal poll tracker? What is yours saying?

Bump
11-04-2012, 09:06 PM

lol how has your life changed since Obama took office?

Dayze
11-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Voting, what's that? Never done it, never will

teedubya
11-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I'd like Gary Johnson to the be the President... but we only have 2 corrupt parties. I assume that the elite want Obama to continue being President. He hasn't destroyed everything yet.

BigRedChief
11-04-2012, 09:51 PM
I'd like Gary Johnson to the be the President... but we only have 2 corrupt parties. I assume that the elite want Obama to continue being President. He hasn't destroyed everything yet.huh, the elite want Romney. The powerful want Obama.

alnorth
11-04-2012, 09:52 PM
18 out of 40.

There are a lot of delusional people here who will be shocked soon.

AussieChiefsFan
11-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Obama expected to win on a mostly conservative board. That says something....

KILLER_CLOWN
11-04-2012, 11:57 PM
I can't say who will win, but I can say who will lose....

The American people and all those that we bomb in the name of freedom and peace. All of the soon to be aborted babies, and intelligent folks everywhere who long for a change back to prosperity.

Pawnmower
11-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Obama will win because:

1) Incumbent

2) Raised at least 100M more than Romney

3) Romney flipp/flopped on ROmney Care & other issues, tried to kiss ass too much to the FAR right wing instead of just maintaining moderate / reasonable courses / being himself

Comrade Crapski
11-05-2012, 01:04 AM
Romney because B.O. is a communist POS who doesn't have a clue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLeCcbbI_Os&feature=related

patteeu
11-05-2012, 04:11 AM
18 out of 40.

There are a lot of delusional people here who will be shocked soon.

That's true regardless of the outcome.

LVNHACK
11-05-2012, 06:36 AM
huh, the elite want Romney. The powerful want Obama.

Wow, I'm elite...?..I never knew that.....:rolleyes:

patteeu
11-05-2012, 07:03 AM
huh, the elite want Romney. The powerful want Obama.

The pro-business want Romney. The anti-American want Obama.

El Jefe
11-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Anybody but Obama, he's been a disaster for this country. I do feel a little better about Romney since the debates though enough to give him a chance.

TGI

Please GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Jefe
11-05-2012, 07:37 AM

QFT

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Too many people like that Gov't cheese. Obama.

BucEyedPea
11-05-2012, 08:12 AM

The anti-Capitalists.

patteeu
11-05-2012, 08:17 AM
The anti-Capitalists.

That too.

whoman69
11-05-2012, 05:38 PM
The Republicans should have control of the senate, the congress and the Presidency in January. The R's did this to themselves, not the Dem's putting forth great candidates or a plan.

They spoke about what they believed in and that's what did them in.

LiveSteam
11-05-2012, 05:42 PM
They spoke about what they believed in and that's what did them in.

& just what would that be?

|Zach|
11-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Who: Barack Obama

Why: Mitt Romney

Why Second Place Vote: Spineless tone deaf GOP.

chiefqueen
11-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Romney 52% - 267 EV's
Obama 48% - 271 EV's

Romney's problems is that the states he is going to win he will win by 15, 25, and a couple by 35 plus percentage points (say Utah, Oklahoma) where as Obama may eek out a couple of state by less than a percentage point.

Even when Gallup had Romney up 7 (before Sandy) it still had Obama leading in EV's.

Do not be surprised if Romney gets 5 to 6 million more votes than Obama but Obama wins the election.

Also if this goes to court (especially the Supremes) its GAME OVER and Obama is re-elected. Justice Keegan was able to use her persuasion skills to keep HC constitutional last summer convincing CJ Roberts to side with the libs. I have no doubt she will use them again if she needs to to get Obama a 2nd term (her most likely target thistime would be Justice Kennedy).

BTW I'm voting Romney.

DrunkBassGuitar
11-05-2012, 05:59 PM

This is the attitude that makes me really, really want Obama to win.

patteeu
11-05-2012, 06:01 PM

Ok. I'm not sure what you mean about attitude, but what part bothers you the most?

RedNeckRaider
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM

Drink more and play the weakest instrument in every band~

DrunkBassGuitar
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Ok. I'm not sure what you mean about attitude, but what part bothers you the most?

The good-guys/bad-guys mentality.

The pro-business good guys want Romney, the anti-American bad people want Obama. Same thing with a lot of liberals' "Republicans are idiots" horseshit.

There are saints and assholes on both sides.

DrunkBassGuitar
11-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Drink more and play the weakest instrument in every band~

:clap:

My amp gets girls pregnant with one funky note.

Iowanian
Obama will probably lead in the results of polling through 1-2pm, and then all of the republicans and producer-Americans will get off of work and go vote him out.

patteeu
The good-guys/bad-guys mentality.

The pro-business good guys want Romney, the anti-American bad people want Obama. Same thing with a lot of liberals' "Republicans are idiots" horseshit.

There are saints and assholes on both sides.

You don't think that most people who are pro-business support Romney?

DrunkBassGuitar
11-05-2012, 06:32 PM
You don't think that most people who are pro-business support Romney?

What do you mean by pro-business?

Chiefspants
11-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Too many people like that Gov't cheese. Obama.

That was a Reagan initiative.

|Zach|
11-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Obama will probably lead in the results of polling through 1-2pm, and then all of the republicans and producer-Americans will get off of work and go vote him out.

Retards and their facebook statuses and now Iowanian. Match made in heaven.

LOCOChief
11-05-2012, 06:40 PM
As a community banker many of my clients are business owners. Most if not all have made it a point that they will not be voting Obama, unsolicted of course.

patteeu
11-05-2012, 07:43 PM
What do you mean by pro-business?

I mean people who want minimally necessary regulation on business (both corporate and non-corporate). People who want to minimize government distortions in markets. People who want a tax code designed around economic efficiency rather than someone's notion of fairness, including low rates on capital gains, interest and dividends.

tiptap
11-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Obama gave us the Ledbetter act, got rid of don't ask don't tell, two of the four women selected for the Supreme Court, the largest tax reduction, the end to Iraq, the announcement of Afghan wars, the killing of Osama bin Ladin, insured 4 million children with health care, Obama Care, higher numbers on the stock exchanges.

cosmo20002
11-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Obama gave us the Ledbetter act, got rid of don't ask don't tell, two of the four women selected for the Supreme Court, the largest tax reduction, the end to Iraq, the announcement of Afghan wars, the killing of Osama bin Ladin, insured 4 million children with health care, Obama Care, higher numbers on the stock exchanges.

Yeah, but other than those you probably can't even name 4 more things.

BigRedChief
11-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Obama gave us the Ledbetter act, got rid of don't ask don't tell, two of the four women selected for the Supreme Court, the largest tax reduction, the end to Iraq, the announcement of Afghan wars, the killing of Osama bin Ladin, insured 4 million children with health care, Obama Care, higher numbers on the stock exchanges.yeah but other than, the communist secret muslim has ruined America and we want it back.

tiptap
11-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Yeah, but other than those you probably can't even name 4 more things.

Car bailout, highest number of action against unfair trade actions by China, no troops put in Libya, ever tighter sanctions on Iran.

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 08:18 PM
I mean people who want minimally necessary regulation on business (both corporate and non-corporate). People who want to minimize government distortions in markets. People who want a tax code designed around economic efficiency rather than someone's notion of fairness, including low rates on capital gains, interest and dividends.

Liberals prefer all those things.

patteeu
11-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Liberals prefer all those things.

No they don't. Obama definitely favors higher taxes on capital gains (he famously said he favored them for reasons of fairness even if higher rates result in lower revenue), for example, and most of his liberal supporters agree with him.

Ace Gunner
11-05-2012, 08:39 PM
It is astonishing most americans believe these two men are honest americans. I did not vote for either man. I expect Obama to be reelected.

LiveSteam
11-05-2012, 08:49 PM
*Some of you will recall that on **July 8, 1947**, *

*A little more than 64 years ago, numerous witnesses claim that *

*An Unidentified Flying Object, (UFO), with five aliens aboard, *

*Crashed onto a sheep and mule ranch just outside **Roswell**, **New Mexico*
* . *

*This is a well known incident that many say has long been covered-up *

*By the **U.S.** Air Force, as well as other Federal Agencies and
Organizations. *

*However, What you may NOT know is that in the month of April, year 1948, *

*Nine months after the historic day, the following people were born: *

*Barrack Obama Sr. *

*Albert A. Gore, Jr. *

*Hillary Rodham *

*William J. Clinton *

*John F. Kerry *

*Howard Dean *

*Nancy Pelosi *

*Dianne Feinstein *

*Charles E. Schumer *

*Barbara Boxer *

*Joe Biden *

*This is the consequence of aliens breeding with sheep and jack-asses

ClevelandBronco
11-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Get ready, LiveStream.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/2563791154_71209276e8.jpg

RJ
11-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I believe Obama will win. I happily voted for Gary Johnson. We need a third party to take 5% of the vote and Obama has New Mexico sewn up tight, so that seemed the best use of my vote.

Chocolate Hog
11-05-2012, 09:07 PM
I believe Obama will win. I happily voted for Gary Johnson. We need a third party to take 5% of the vote and Obama has New Mexico sewn up tight, so that seemed the best use of my vote.

I've heard this. You think Gary Johnson reaches 5%? I say he gets 2%.

RJ
11-05-2012, 09:29 PM
I've heard this. You think Gary Johnson reaches 5%? I say he gets 2%.

No, I don't think he'll get 5%. But it would be great if he did and Obama will win my state regardless so Johnson it is. Not to mention that I actually like the guy. He was a very solid Governor here.

cosmo20002
11-05-2012, 09:32 PM
*However, What you may NOT know is that in the month of April, year 1948, *

*Nine months after the historic day, the following people were born: *

*Barrack Obama Sr. *

*Albert A. Gore, Jr. *

*Hillary Rodham *

*William J. Clinton *

*John F. Kerry *

*Howard Dean *

*Nancy Pelosi *

*Dianne Feinstein *

*Charles E. Schumer *

*Barbara Boxer *

*Joe Biden *

*This is the consequence of aliens breeding with sheep and jack-asses

The sad thing is that you probably think this is the most awesomest fact you have ever seen.

Big Smoke
11-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Obama

Why? African American voters.

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2012, 12:46 AM
The single fact that Barry added 5 trillion in debt in 4 yrs is a very good reason he should not be re-elected.