PDA

View Full Version : Football NFL owner pissed, puts oranization on notice...

T-post Tom
11-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Okay Clark, here's a guy twice your age and kicking ass. Please pay attention:

Bud Adams puts entire Titans organization on notice

The Titans won nine of 16 games in 2011. Through nine games in 2012, they’ve already lost six.

Their most recent loss was the ugliest, a 51-20 Music City shellacking at the hands of the Bears.

Owner Bud Adams isn’t happy. After the game, he gave the organization the verbal equivalent of a double-barreled middle finger.

“In my 50 years of owning an NFL franchise, I am at a loss to recall a regular season home game that was such a disappointment for myself, and fans of the Titans,’’ Adams told Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean. “We were grossly outcoached and outplayed from start to finish today.

“At this time, all aspects of the organization will be closely evaluated, including front office, coaches and players over the next seven games. If performance and competitiveness does not improve, I will look at all alternatives to get back to having the Titans become a playoff and championship football team.”

That’s not good for anyone in the organization, especially coach Mike Munchak, G.M. Ruston Webster, and team president Mike Reinfeldt.

Munchak seems to realize that his seat is suddenly hot.

“If a team underperforms, I’m the first guy you should look at for that, not anybody else, not assistant coaches, it starts with me,” Munchak said. “If we don’t finish this season the way it should, then what needs to happen will happen. Sure it starts with me, I’m the head coach. . . .

“We’re getting ahead of ourselves here — we’ve got seven games to play, so we’ll worry about what it means when we see how we finish up. We didn’t coach well, we didn’t play well and obviously we got beat by a very good football team today.”

Adams turns 90 on January 3. Which could make him more antsy to make changes once the season ends on December 30. As Munchak said, seven games remain. But if the Titans play like they played on Sunday, they won’t be winning many (or any) more.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/05/bud-adams-puts-entire-titans-organization-on-notice/

KCrockaholic
11-04-2012, 11:39 PM
It's sad seeing other owners stepping up, being active with their team. Saying the right things. Firing the GM in Carolina.

And in Kansas City we're 1-7 and have our thumbs up our ass.

tk13
11-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Yeah, too bad this is the same guy that ran Jeff Fisher out of town because he force fed him Vince Young over Jay Cutler.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2012, 11:40 PM
HEY,CLARK! LOOK THIS WAY!

chiefzilla1501
11-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Well, this is the exact opposite in that it's too over reactionary. Munchak's been there for 8 games. It's ridiculous for his seat to be hot. Romeo's seat is hot because he has his own players and system in place and they didn't have to be re-coached. And because we already know what Romeo's track record was in Cleveland.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2012, 11:41 PM
It's sad seeing other owners stepping up, being active with their team. Saying the right things. Firing the GM in Carolina.

And in Kansas City we're 1-7 and have our thumbs up our ass.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/shDFGSd1E_Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tk13
11-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Also, this macho BS that gets fans fired up never works. It doesn't work for Jerry Jones, it doesn't work for Rex Ryan, and it's not going to work for Bud Adams. You can't run a team flying off the handle. You didn't see Jim Irsay trotting around about how he was going to whack Polian last year, and Irsay pretty much gives away everything but his bowel movements on Twitter. Meanwhile his team has already rebuilt and fighting for a playoff spot, while these other idiots stumble around with losing records. But hey, they give great soundbites.

Clark came in, whacked Carl Peterson, and hired the best GM candidate out there, and a coach coming off a Super Bowl appearance. It's obvious that it has failed, and now he has to make another change. If he doesn't, we'll know the game is over. What he says in the press is completely irrelevant.

T-post Tom
11-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Yeah, too bad this is the same guy that ran Jeff Fisher out of town because he force fed him Vince Young over Jay Cutler.

I think that's an oversimplification of what happened. Nepotism with Fischer's son was a big part of the falling out. I guess 16 years of .500 football didn't help either. But whatever, doesn't really relate to the point of this story.

BossChief
11-04-2012, 11:46 PM

True...but maybe if Jeff Fisher has backed that decision and made the best of it instead of benching Young every time things didn't go perfectly...maybe thugs with VY might have turned out differently, too.

It's not like Vince didn't win...

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Our owner doesn't say jack shit.

He's too busy watching soccer.

KCrockaholic
11-04-2012, 11:50 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxbc3qY0ZlsP3SpkKr9UWvvFKddRSBaNYCpbGcE6hP3mi-OiZ2

Guys Clark has his ring. He doesn't care anymore.

lcarus
11-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Also, this macho BS that gets fans fired up never works. It doesn't work for Jerry Jones, it doesn't work for Rex Ryan, and it's not going to work for Bud Adams. You can't run a team flying off the handle. You didn't see Jim Irsay trotting around about how he was going to whack Polian last year, and Irsay pretty much gives away everything but his bowel movements on Twitter. Meanwhile his team has already rebuilt and fighting for a playoff spot, while these other idiots stumble around with losing records. But hey, they give great soundbites.

Clark came in, whacked Carl Peterson, and hired the best GM candidate out there, and a coach coming off a Super Bowl appearance. It's obvious that it has failed, and now he has to make another change. If he doesn't, we'll know the game is over. What he says in the press is completely irrelevant.

I agree to an extent, but it sure would be nice to know our owner gives a shit.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2012, 11:52 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxbc3qY0ZlsP3SpkKr9UWvvFKddRSBaNYCpbGcE6hP3mi-OiZ2

Fuck that motherfucker.

T-post Tom
11-04-2012, 11:57 PM

How the hell is this macho BS?

“At this time, all aspects of the organization will be closely evaluated, including front office, coaches and players over the next seven games. If performance and competitiveness does not improve, I will look at all alternatives to get back to having the Titans become a playoff and championship football team.”

The Colts recent history can't be compared to the recent history of the Titans. The Colts have been much more successful. And in that regard, the Pioli regime is much more similar to the Titans that it is to the Colts.

tk13
11-04-2012, 11:57 PM
People are way too harsh on Jeff Fisher. He had an owner who as we see isn't the most stable dude, and Floyd Reese ran that team right into salary cap hell. Look it up, most people don't remember that team had as many salary cap problems as anyone. They built a championship team then had to slowly dismantle it because they couldn't afford to pay anyone.

Even then, the first thing Jeff Fisher did when he took over a full time was draft a MVP QB with a top 5 pick. Then when they had to let him walk, wanted to draft another one. Granted, I didn't like Vince Young coming out. He's just not a great QB. Sure they ran the ball and played defense, but people compare him to Bill Cowher. Fisher never spent a decade trotting out Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox types. He always had a first round QB, and a physical defense. Funny thing is that's all anyone talks about on here.

bricks
11-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Guys, can we just accept that Clark doesn't give a shit?

tk13
11-04-2012, 11:58 PM
How the hell is this macho BS?

Because every single NFL team is doing this. Every single week. It's just a bunch of BS to get fans like you to say "Oh, he cares!" Scott Pioli may be a complete moron for all we know, but I do truly believe he wants to win football games.

Nevermind the fact that this regime has only been put in place for less than 2 years by an owner who ran a successful coach out of town to install the guys he's now saying may be failures. Great hire!

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 12:00 AM
People are way too harsh on Jeff Fisher. He had an owner who as we see isn't the most stable dude, and Floyd Reese ran that team right into salary cap hell. Look it up, most people don't remember that team had as many salary cap problems as anyone. They built a championship team then had to slowly dismantle it because they couldn't afford to pay anyone.

Even then, the first thing Jeff Fisher did when he took over a full time was draft a MVP QB with a top 5 pick. Then when they had to let him walk, wanted to draft another one. Granted, I didn't like Vince Young coming out. He's just not a great QB. Sure they ran the ball and played defense, but people compare him to Bill Cowher. Fisher never spent a decade trotting out Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox types. He always had a first round QB, and a physical defense. Funny thing is that's all anyone talks about on here.

Would love to have had Fisher but only a handful wanted him, everyone wants the next Harbaugh but doesn't realize how infrequently that ever works out.

tk13
11-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure if he'll ever win with the Rams. I'm not a huge Bradford fan. He's definitely talented but I'm not sure if he'll get to Eli Manning good, but there's still time. I don't think Fisher's the single greatest coach of all time but he's almost literally never fielded a team without a top 10 pick at QB, a tough running game and defense, barring injury.

T-post Tom
11-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Because every single NFL team is doing this. Every single week. It's just a bunch of BS to get fans like you to say "Oh, he cares!" Scott Pioli may be a complete moron for all we know, but I do truly believe he wants to win football games.

Nevermind the fact that this regime has only been put in place for less than 2 years by an owner who ran a successful coach out of town to install the guys he's now saying may be failures. Great hire!

BS? You know the owner and you know his true feelings? Ok.... And again, Fisher had OTHER issues with the owner., including a career winning percentage of .542 in the regular season and .455 in the post season. And he hadn't won a playoff game in 7 years. (By KC standards, I guess that isn't bad. :( )

Chocolate Hog
11-05-2012, 12:08 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FTxHuUGG_2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tk13
11-05-2012, 12:11 AM
BS? You know the owner and you know his true feelings? Ok.... And again, Fisher had OTHER issues with the owner., including a career winning percentage of .542 in the regular season and .455 in the post season. And he hadn't won a playoff game in 7 years. (By KC standards, I guess that isn't bad. :( )

His feelings don't matter. What he said is not some revelation. Every team in the NFL is constantly evaluating everything. At least I'd hope so. The Titans have given up over 30 points in 6 of 8 games. If they aren't evaluating things something is wrong.

And I agree there were other issues, but how you can pin all that on Fisher and ignore the major issues Fisher had to overcome is being completely disingenuous. No mention of how they got forced into all kinds of salary cap issues, or the fact he had to draft a QB he didn't want. And yet after a few down years still rebuilt the team and got them back to the playoffs.

KCtotheSB
11-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Shit like this always makes me shake my head....

Why are the Chiefs filled to the brim with incompetent pussies?

T-post Tom
11-05-2012, 12:12 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FTxHuUGG_2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just macho BS to get the fans stirred up.

tk13
11-05-2012, 12:13 AM
I don't think Fisher is God's gift to coaching, but out of Adams, Floyd Reese, and Fisher... if you made me take one of them on the Chiefs, I'd probably pick Fisher 100 times out of 100. I think he is easily the most competent one of the bunch.

Although Floyd Reese is a consultant for the Patriots now. Maybe we should hire him to be GM.

jspchief
11-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Pioli thinks Bud Adams' expectations are too high.

tk13
11-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Just macho BS to get the fans stirred up.

Basically. The same people who enjoy this are the same people who think Gunther was a great coach.

And those people are idiots.

T-post Tom
11-05-2012, 12:22 AM
His feelings don't matter. What he said is not some revelation. Every team in the NFL is constantly evaluating everything. At least I'd hope so. The Titans have given up over 30 points in 6 of 8 games. If they aren't evaluating things something is wrong.

And I agree there were other issues, but how you can pin all that on Fisher and ignore the major issues Fisher had to overcome is being completely disingenuous. No mention of how they got forced into all kinds of salary cap issues, or the fact he had to draft a QB he didn't want. And yet after a few down years still rebuilt the team and got them back to the playoffs.

I'm not making a case for or against Fischer's firing, just pointing out the facts. Truly, I don't care. If you think Fisher got a raw deal, fine. If you dislike the owner because of it, fine.

My point is that the owner's recent public comments were prudent and apt. They were tempered and direct. His comments served a purpose. It put his employees on notice in a professional way while also letting the consumers who purchase his product know that he was working to put a better product on the field. Smart business that keeps customers interested in the product.

T-post Tom
11-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Basically. The same people who enjoy this are the same people who think Gunther was a great coach.

That's a huge leap and enough fuzzy logic to knit yourself a pair of Jeff Fisher boxers.

tk13
11-05-2012, 12:29 AM
His employees know that. If they truly don't think their jobs are on the line after the way they played today, they are delusional. Saying it in the press makes absolutely no difference, at all. It's not like he can't walk down to the locker room and tell the coaches this has to end. It's certainly his choice to say it in the press... but acting like the front office and coaching staff is in more danger now than if he hadn't said it publicly is not true. And if it is, it shouldn't be.

Some people don't air their dirty laundry in public. Some do, everyone has their own approach. Clark Hunt doesn't strike me as the type to do that. If he whacks Pioli at the end of the year, it won't matter what he says now. All this statement does is get the fans whipped up that their owner supposedly "cares." Look at this thread for no further proof.

But granted, I may be giving Clark Hunt way too much credit in thinking that even as a businessman, he doesn't like seeing his name slung through the mud like this. We are going to find out here in about 8 weeks. What he says in the press between now and then isn't going to make a lick of difference, as long as the deed is done. Even if he doesn't fire Pioli, what he says doesn't matter. Just do it. Talk is cheap.

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2012, 12:30 AM

LMAO

Are you fucking kidding me?

Jim Irsay has been running his fucking mouth on Twitter for two fucking years.

Bud Adams is a founding father of the AFC and is 89 fucking years old. He's been batshit crazy for a decade.

I wish more people that post on Chiefsplanet would either pull their shrunken, dumbass heads out of the sand more often, or just stop talking out of their stupid fucking asses.

Of course, that's like asking the Chiefs to draft a QB in the first round but one can dream.

tk13
11-05-2012, 12:32 AM
That's exactly my point. Irsay is nuts about Twitter.

And even he still blindsided everyone with the Polian thing. All that BS he spews doesn't matter one bit.

Fruit Ninja
11-05-2012, 01:20 AM

Well, taking thepussy route doesnt work either. Hey look at the Chiefs way!

Its also not the fact that he's trying to be macho. its the fact that he's telling fans, hey i feel your pain, this sucks and we are going to try to get it fixed.

We havent heard shit. For all we know Pioli is freaking extended for 3 more years.

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2012, 01:24 AM
That's exactly my point. Irsay is nuts about Twitter.

And even he still blindsided everyone with the Polian thing. All that BS he spews doesn't matter one bit.

I don't think it was a surprise.

But that said, I don't expect Clark or the Hunt's to say a word until the season is over.

KC_Connection
11-05-2012, 02:02 AM
I'd rather have an owner that cares about winning than one that doesn't. You can argue about his methods, but this old guy clearly does.

SNR
11-05-2012, 02:15 AM

Let's say you're a preferred customer at an expensive restaurant. The wait staff and chefs know you by name.

You like this restaurant, but one night you get the worst meal of your life. The waiter is a new guy who's rude to you. The salad is limp and slimy. The soup is cold and has a hair in it. Your steak isn't cooked properly. And the dessert is Neapolitan ice cream (yuck!)

The manager comes out to see you. Would you rather the manager say:

A. "Sorry we had a busy night. See you next time."
B. Nothing
C. "My deepest apologies. I assure you I will be getting to the bottom of what happened tonight. I will talk to each of the employees, and I will hold them to much higher standards. This will not happen again."

crazycoffey
11-05-2012, 02:33 AM
what's wrong with hair in your soup?

oldman
11-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Wearing your heart on your sleeve may be popular with the fans, it's not how business is done. Clark is a smart guy and I'm pretty sure he knows he has to do something. You don't make statements like Bud did unless you're prepared to act on them. When is he going to pull the trigger? At 3-7, 3-10, when? I just don't see Clark as being foolish enough to bring back either Pioli or RAC. He's just not going to tip his hand until everything is in place. Do I wish that was during the bye week or this week? You betcha, but I'd rather have an owner that moves forward with a plan and not some 90 year old hot head.

TEX
11-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Wearing your heart on your sleeve may be popular with the fans, it's not how business is done. Clark is a smart guy and I'm pretty sure he knows he has to do something. You don't make statements like Bud did unless you're prepared to act on them. When is he going to pull the trigger? At 3-7, 3-10, when? I just don't see Clark as being foolish enough to bring back either Pioli or RAC. He's just not going to tip his hand until everything is in place. Do I wish that was during the bye week or this week? You betcha, but I'd rather have an owner that moves forward with a plan and not some 90 year old hot head.

I bet Clark brings Pioli back. That's why Pioli recently started his "Speak to themedia" tour.

Guru
11-05-2012, 06:41 AM
SELL THE TEAM CLARK - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Predarat
11-05-2012, 07:26 AM
One of the problems is when Fisher and the Titans parted ways, it was late in the game so the Titans got the bottom of the barrel when it came to cordinators and assistants.

T-post Tom
11-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Danan Hughes was just on 610 & endorsed Adam's comments from a player's perspective. Said it's good for the locker room & he also feels that it's good for the fanbase. It's a matter of degree and Adams is closer to the ideal than Hunt in this regard.

Bump
11-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Clark is just a silver spoon kid and doesn't know jack shit.

I can't support this piece of shit team anymore.

WilliamTheIrish
11-05-2012, 02:32 PM

Bud Adams is probably the worst owner in all the NFL. He's lucky to have been the beneficiary of the Music City Miracle.

Iowanian
11-05-2012, 02:33 PM
This will not happen in Kansas City, because Clark Hunt is Eunuch.

DJ's left nut
11-05-2012, 02:34 PM
If Adams was a real man he'd cut the #2 corner.

That's how you fix shit in the NFL.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 02:34 PM
LMAOIf Adams was a real man he'd cut the #2 corner.

TEX
11-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Bud Adams is probably the worst owner in all the NFL. He's lucky to have been the beneficiary of the Music City Miracle.

True, but Lamar could not have started the AFL when he did without him...

GoChargers
11-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Owner Bud Adams isn’t happy. After the game, he gave the organization the verbal equivalent of a double-barreled middle finger.

“In my 50 years of owning an NFL franchise, I am at a loss to recall a regular season home game that was such a disappointment for myself, and fans of the Titans,’’ Adams told Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean. “We were grossly outcoached and outplayed from start to finish today.

Wow, Dean Spanos had better read this, like, yesterday.

HemiEd
11-05-2012, 03:35 PM
If Adams was a real man he'd cut the #2 corner.

Yeah, firing of the OC is just so last year.