PDA

View Full Version : Life 2-year-old mauled to death by wild dogs after falling into Pittsburgh Zoo exhibit

Pages : [1] 2

Deberg_1990
11-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Wow...horrible. RIP

A 2-year-old boy was mauled to death today after falling into the African painted dog exhibit at the Pittsburgh Zoo & Aquarium.

Pittsburgh police Major Crimes Lt. Kevin Kraus said the boy's 34-year-old mother placed the child in a standing position on a wooden railing overlooking the enclosure.

"Almost immediately after that he lost his balance, fell down off the railing into the actual pit and he was immediately attacked by 11 dogs," Lt. Kraus said.

The incident occurred at 11:48 a.m. at the Highland Park complex, according to an emergency dispatch supervisor. The zoo was shut down within a half-hour of the incident and will remain closed indefinitely.

Zoo President and Chief Executive Officer Barbara Baker said at a news conference shortly after the incident that the child fell over the wooden railing and off of a mesh barrier where the painted dogs were on display. A zoo spokeswoman and police said the wooden railing is 4 feet in height and the lower mesh barrier is 11 feet 4 inches above the open exhibit space.

Lt. Kraus said zoo personnel responded within minutes. The first personnel on scene were able to lure seven of the dogs away from the victim and into a secure and separated area. A second set of personnel began "throwing objects and some other techniques that they use" to secure three more dogs.

He said the final dog, which was acting very aggressively toward the victim and zoo personnel, was shot multiple times by two Pittsburgh police officers and died.

Lt. Kraus said none of the people who observed the child fall into the enclosure made an attempt to go after him. The news release from zoo officials noted that keepers attempted to enter the yard but were unable to reach the child.

One ineffective technique used by zoo personnel to lure the animals away from the child was to fire "dummy tranquilizer rounds," Lt. Kraus said.

Information released from the zoo indicated that "unfortunately, the dogs were in pack mentality and not responding."

The child was pronounced dead at the scene 12 p.m.

The incident is under investigation by police and the zoo. Lt. Kraus said it would be inappropriate to speculate on potential charges at this time and the bureau will continue to investigate to determine if anything could have been prevented.

Police said the boy and his mother are from Pleasant Hills and were visiting the zoo with relatives, an adult and another child, at the time of the incident.

Ms. Cinti described a horrifying scene that lasted a little more than 5 minutes but seemed like hours.

"We were on our way to the polar bear exhibit when we heard the most horrible piercing screams. ... Someone was begging for help, asking someone to do something," she said. The couple ran back in the direction they came from, passing the bear exhibits. The screams continued.

As they reached the painted dog exhibit, she saw a small crowd of distressed onlookers. "One woman with a baby in the stroller was screaming that someone needed to do something," Ms. Cinti said. She said she could see the little boy's apparently lifeless body lying on the hill inside the exhibit. "There were three dogs: one at his head, one on the left side of his neck and another one down by his leg. ... A [zoo employee] got there and hopped over a fence with a rake and he was banging ... trying to distract the dogs but they wouldn't move," she said.

Ms. Cinti, a student at Community College of Allegheny County, tracked the time frame with her cell phone, saying she made a call at 11:49 a.m. when she and her boyfriend first headed toward the commotion. She said her cell phone shows that the call was ended five minutes and five seconds later, when a half-dozen zoo employees arrived and dispersed the crowd.

Bart DePasquale, who was at the zoo today with his two children for a birthday party, was near the tiger exhibit when he heard screams coming from the direction of the African painted dogs exhibit.

"People were yelling 'Get away,' and 'Stay away,' and it wasn't just one person, it was an entire group of people," said Mr. DePasquale, 29, of Fox Chapel. "The screams sounded heavily distressed and the people were using profanity. They were shouting to zoo employees."

Mr. DePasquale and Ms. Cinti said they were told to go inside the nearest buildings where they were kept there for about a half hour.

"We were locked down in the building and told to stay inside. ... We thought it was a problem with one of the animals that got loose. Then we were told it was an incident with the wild dogs and that a child had been hurt."

When patrons were told the zoo was closed and they needed to leave, Mr. DePasquale said, "On the way out, I saw a mother who was distressed and crying and other people who couldn't even talk about it. ... People and anyone who had been close were almost in tears, were walking out glassy-eyed. That's when multiple people told me the dogs attacked a young child."

Ms. Baker said the zoo initially declared a "code blue," meaning an accident involving a human had occurred. That was followed with a "code red," meaning that there was a serious human emergency.

Ms. Baker said no decision has been made about the future of the exhibit.

The African painted dog exhibit debuted after the October 2009 birth of the pups. A surrogate mutt was drafted into service for the nine pups after their natural mother died of a ruptured uterus. In the spring of this year, nine of the 11 painted dogs escaped a section of their enclosure causing a brief shutdown of the zoo.

Ms. Baker said at that time on May 5 that the dogs got into a 1.5-acre "backup yard" not visible to the public, but the dogs were not out of their exhibit.

African painted dogs are an endangered species.

In September, the zoo announced that it had again been accredited by the Association of Zoos & Aquariums after a review of its animal care, veterinary programs, conservation, education and safety.

AZA is a nonprofit organization with a team of professionals that inspect and review each zoo or aquarium seeking accreditation. Currently 224 facilities have been recognized and approved by the organization, including eight in Pennsylvania. The Pittsburgh zoo has been recognized by AZA since 1986.The accreditation commission evaluates every zoo and aquarium to determine if they meet accepted standards for safety policies and procedures, security, physical facilities, animal management and care, health and nutrition, veterinary programs, involvement in conservation and research and education programs.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-city/child-killed-in-pittsburgh-zoo-exhibit-660606/#ixzz2BMUJWMyp

Saulbadguy
11-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Dog gone it.

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Painted dog -- for those who don't know.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7d/Lycaon_pictus_(Temminck,_1820).jpg/250px-Lycaon_pictus_(Temminck,_1820).jpg

Predarat
11-05-2012, 08:27 AM
That is horrible.

Old Dog
11-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Horrible, but I'm not seeing what the dogs (or the zoo workers) did wrong.

"the boy's 34-year-old mother placed the child in a standing position on a wooden railing overlooking the enclosure"

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 08:31 AM
UPDATE:

"Pittsburgh police Major Crimes Lt. Kevin Kraus said the boy's 34-year-old mother placed the child in a standing position on a wooden railing overlooking the enclosure."

Idiot fucking mother. Irresponsible cunt cost the lives of the child and the dog. The kid was more than likely killed from the fall -- why shoot the dog?

mikey23545
11-05-2012, 08:36 AM
I don't think feeding time should be over until they throw the mom in.

mikey23545
11-05-2012, 08:37 AM
I bet she's a real dog anyway.

Saulbadguy
11-05-2012, 08:37 AM
I bet she's a real dog anyway.

Woof.

Chocolate Hog
11-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Woof.

My kid could have been killed

Duck Dog
11-05-2012, 08:40 AM
I wish I'd never read that.

aturnis
11-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Cannot let that happen. Idiot parent. I would jump in after my son. No doubt. He's the only thing worth anything in this world when it comes down to it. I would gladly huddle my body around his and let them eat me alive if it gave response teams time to get him out alive...

Saulbadguy
11-05-2012, 08:41 AM
My kid could have been killed

"OOOOOOOOOH MY GAAAAAAAWD"

-Les "Gold"

Saulbadguy
Cannot let that happen. Idiot parent. I would jump in after my son. No doubt. He's the only thing worth anything in this world when it comes down to it. I would gladly huddle my body around his and let them eat me alive if it gave response teams time to get him out alive...

You'd both be dead. Good plan.

aturnis
Idiot ****ing mother. Irresponsible **** cost the lives of the child and the dog. The kid was more than likely killed from the fall -- why shoot the dog?

Fuck the dog.

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Fuck the dog.

Stupid, mean endangered species!

aturnis

B/c I'd really be able to move on and live my life knowing I did nothing and watched my son die b/c I was a phuqtard? I'd rather be dead.

Maybe you should have a kid, then share your opinion.

DJ's left nut
The kid was more than likely killed from the fall -- why shoot the dog?

Maybe the dingo ate her baby?

aturnis
11-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Stupid, mean endangered species!

OH NOES!

wazu
11-05-2012, 08:45 AM
I wish I'd never read that.

No shit. Why do people feel the need to post this crap?

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Maybe the dingo ate her baby?

lol
"pump the brakes, kid. You about to cross some lines"

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.318506!/img/httpImage/image.jpg

Old Dog
11-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Fuck the dog.

That might have taken care of one of them, but what about the other 10.....I don't think that'a a good plan either

Saulbadguy
11-05-2012, 08:47 AM
B/c I'd really be able to move on and live my life knowing I did nothing and watched my son die b/c I was a phuqtard? I'd rather be dead.

Maybe you should have a kid mauled to death by African Painted Dogs, then share your opinion.

Old Dog
11-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Maybe you should have a kid mauled to death by African Painted Dogs, then share your opinion.

Maybe his mother should. That sounds like a better plan to me.

DJ's left nut
11-05-2012, 08:49 AM
For the record - there's no 'dingo' to those things, they're essentially slightly smaller gray wolves. They're evidently the 2nd largest canid breed in the world.

The African wild dog hunts in packs and small groups. Like most members of the dog family, it is a cursorial hunter, meaning that it pursues its prey in a long, open chase. Nearly 80% of all wild dog hunts end in a kill; for comparison, the success rate of lions, often viewed as ultimate predators, is only 30%. Schaller found that 9 of 10 wild dog hunts in the Serengeti ended in kills.[16] Members of a pack vocalize to help coordinate their movements. Its voice is characterized by an unusual chirping or squeaking sound, similar to a bird. Wild dogs frequently kill larger prey via disemboweling, a technique that is rapid but has caused this species to have a negative, ferocious reputation.

So...uh...that was probably a pretty short fight. I have a hard time faulting anyone but the mother here as I can't imagine that kid was alive for more than a few seconds after it hit the ground.

COchief
11-05-2012, 08:53 AM
So...uh...that was probably a pretty short fight. I have a hard time faulting anyone but the mother here as I can't imagine that kid was alive for more than a few seconds after it hit the ground.

I checked the wiki also as I had never heard of them and figured they were small enough for an adult to jump in and start kicking them in the head. They are 40-80 lbs and supposedly have a bite power second only to the hellish Tazmanian Devil. No way anyone was stopping that party. The mother will suffer for this for the rest of her idiotic life, how do you leave a 2 year old standing on it's own on a ledge with 10 wolves lying in wait?

She should have been tossed in as well as a stupid dessert for the pack.

KCrockaholic
11-05-2012, 08:55 AM
It would've been hard to stand there and watch that. I probably would've ended up jumping in and stabbing the shit out of the dogs with my blade. Id feel like too much of a coward if I did nothing.

Brock
11-05-2012, 09:02 AM
single mom, sorry!

memyselfI
11-05-2012, 09:03 AM

"the boy's 34-year-old mother placed the child in a standing position on a wooden railing overlooking the enclosure"

Tragic situation and terrible decision by the mother. Which will not stop them from suing the Zoo, IMO. Terrible and needless death of a 2 year old who would not remember seeing those dogs after a week anyway. Seriously, what a senseless situation. I also feel sorry for the children who witnessed this.

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 09:03 AM
single mom, sorry!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/gifs/5d2h4l-1.gif

Frazod
11-05-2012, 09:05 AM
single mom, sorry!

LMAO

Frazod
11-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Painted dog -- for those who don't know.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7d/Lycaon_pictus_(Temminck,_1820).jpg/250px-Lycaon_pictus_(Temminck,_1820).jpg

I guess my first question would be why would you want to stop and look the damn thing? That's uglier than our passing game.

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 09:10 AM
I guess my first question would be why would you want to stop and look the damn thing? That's uglier than our passing game.

how about now?

http://i.imgur.com/NfZ2q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MRSUM.jpg

Saulbadguy
11-05-2012, 09:10 AM
single mom, sorry!

lol

Saulbadguy
11-05-2012, 09:11 AM
how about now?

adorable.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Do the animals that tasted human flesh get put down after something like this?
How about the mother?

KCUnited
11-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Tragic situation and terrible decision by the mother. Which will not stop them from suing the Zoo, IMO. Terrible and needless death of a 2 year old who would not remember seeing those dogs after a week anyway. Seriously, what a senseless situation. I also feel sorry for the children who witnessed this.

Yep, they'll likely settle and she'll be riding the gravy train.

theelusiveeightrop
11-05-2012, 09:24 AM
"Maybe the dingo ate the baby."

Frazod
11-05-2012, 09:28 AM
adorable.

Meh. I'm sticking with ugly and mangy.

DeezNutz
11-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Do the animals that tasted human flesh get put down after something like this?
How about the mother?

Police should have saved a round for the mother.

Old Dog
11-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Meh. I'm sticking with ugly and mangy.

You had better not let her read this, she'll divorce your ass.......oh wait, you meant, uh nevermind

gblowfish
11-05-2012, 09:32 AM
You never see this on the Purina commercials....

threebag02
11-05-2012, 09:40 AM

Good luck with that he probably fucks tube socks.

Frazod
11-05-2012, 09:40 AM
You had better not let her read this, she'll divorce your ass.......oh wait, you meant, uh nevermind

That one already did.

siberian khatru
11-05-2012, 10:01 AM
how about now?

We could use some of that attitude on our defense.

Frazod
11-05-2012, 10:07 AM
We could use some of that attitude on our defense.

Or at least feed Cassel and Pioli to them.

frankotank
11-05-2012, 10:23 AM

I'm with Aturnis on this one. I'd have to jump in....I'd have to. they aren't the biggest dogs. I know a pack of them could take a man....but maybe a bigger target, a man not a boy, would have changed things. maybe a full grown man could have kicked the shit out of a few of them and drove them off. dude....if it was your kid....you'd jump in. it's just like that.

Aspengc8
11-05-2012, 10:24 AM
No one tried to help? Even if it was stupid of the lady to put the kid up there, I would have grabbed the first 5 men I saw and jumped in to help.

Brock
11-05-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm with Aturnis on this one. I'd have to jump in....I'd have to. they aren't the biggest dogs. I know a pack of them could take a man....but maybe a bigger target, a man not a boy, would have changed things. maybe a full grown man could have kicked the shit out of a few of them and drove them off. dude....if it was your kid....you'd jump in. it's just like that.

Yeah, probably. If it were my kid he wouldn't end up in a pit with wild dogs, though.

frankotank
I checked the wiki also as I had never heard of them and figured they were small enough for an adult to jump in and start kicking them in the head. They are 40-80 lbs and supposedly have a bite power second only to the hellish Tazmanian Devil. No way anyone was stopping that party. The mother will suffer for this for the rest of her idiotic life, how do you leave a 2 year old standing on it's own on a ledge with 10 wolves lying in wait?

She should have been tossed in as well as a stupid dessert for the pack.

well shit....

Old Dog
The way everyone wants to "jump in and save him" it sounds like if we could bring in a pack of these we could clear out a whole lot of stupid

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 10:27 AM
well shit....

I still would have jumped in, You don't let your kids outlive you if you have a say in it.

Old Dog
11-05-2012, 10:29 AM
I still would have jumped in, You don't let your kids outlive you if you have a say in it.

You should be smater than to stand him on the rail at the fucking zoo and let him dangle him like a steak, but that didn't happen here.

Aspengc8
11-05-2012, 10:30 AM

All it would of took is 1 adult to jump down and try and fight the dogs off. More would have jumped in after that. Not to mention the dogs arent scared of a 2 year old, but a grown adult is much bigger and might have scared them off.

frankotank

yup. I'd do anything for my kids. we may both die, but some of those dogs are gonna taste some boot.
damn what a horrible frigging deal.

yes that mother is a tard....but damn dude, she's gotta live with that...her damn fault. I wouldn't wish that on Casshole....

QuikSsurfer

You're pretty hardcore.

ThaVirus
11-05-2012, 10:31 AM

Fuck all that. I'm jumping in and kicking some painted dog ass.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 10:32 AM
You're pretty hardcore.

Do you have kids? I'm fairly certain any parent (that should be one) would agree with me.

I've already saved my sons life once, although I didn't have to fight anything. My son fell into our Pool at the age of 2 before we opened it, about half full of water and extremely cold. Needless to say all it cost me was a $70 pair of shoes.

Old Dog
11-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Do you have kids? I'm fairly certain any parent (that should be one) would agree with me.

My son fell into our Pool at the age of 2 before we opened it

I have two grown children and three grandchildren and I'm fairly certain you're an idiot.

How did a two year old get into your pool? Sounds like some solid parenting was in play there.

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 10:35 AM

Maybe I misunderstood --- "You don't let your kid outlive you if you have a say in it"
Wouldn't your kin typically outlive you?

Donger
That bites.

Lono
No doubt...if you're any kind of parent at all you jump in and try and save your kid. The second they went in, id be behind them.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Maybe I misunderstood --- "You don't let your kid outlive you if you have a say in it"
Wouldn't your kin typically outlive you?

That is what I was referring to, yes.

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 10:39 AM
No doubt...if you're any kind of parent at all you jump in and try and save your kid. The second they went in, id be behind them.

I understand...
but what about into a lions den?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 10:41 AM
I have two grown children and three grandchildren and I'm fairly certain you're an idiot.

How did a two year old get into your pool? Sounds like some solid parenting was in play there.

The cover had just been removed and my Aged Mother was out back with him, I was in the house and heard screaming and ran outside to see him in the water. I jumped in immedietly and pulled him out. Oh and I almost forgot you're a cowardly pussy.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 10:42 AM
**** the dog.

I can't blame a wild animal for doing what a wild animal does.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 10:44 AM

If the child survived the initial 14+ foot fall.

Additionally, Painted Dogs have quite an aggressive demeanor when it comes to eating/hunting.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 10:47 AM

It is admirable and while I don't have children, I have no idea what I would do.

The reality is, a grown man doesn't stand a chance against 4 Painted Dogs in attack mode, much less 11.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 10:53 AM
I understand...
but what about into a lions den?

The answer is yes no matter what. As a parent you don't have a choice.

Saulbadguy
11-05-2012, 10:55 AM

falls in to a volcano, molten lava

or out the window of a 100 story building

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 10:56 AM

Clearly I don't have children...
It just seems like I'd rather not leap to a certain death - while leaving my wife and other children, possibly. I mean, you're essentially talking about suicide.

KILLER_CLOWN

Ya those are a little different, just a tad.

kcpasco
Those dogs would rip you apart. I don't care how much of a badass you think you are you aren't winning that fight.

The mother should have been tossed in though.

kcpasco
Those dogs would rip you apart. I don't care how much of a badass you think you are you aren't winning that fight.

The mother should have been tossed in though.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 10:57 AM
It just seems like I'd rather not leap to a certain death - while leaving my wife and other children, possibly. I mean, you're essentially talking about suicide.

Not necessarily, sounds like the trainer was there. The situation would have certainly changed.

Pawnmower
11-05-2012, 10:57 AM

I dont know how long he was on the safety net, but definitely jump down to the net...

(I believe they are German Sheppard Sized)

I read that he fell to the safety net 1st then rolled into the cage....

blaise
11-05-2012, 10:58 AM
If your 2 year old kid fell in and you didn't jump in right behind him you're a coward. Of course, you were already a dumbass.

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 10:59 AM

Dude, you fucking go after him!

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 10:59 AM
If your 2 year old kid fell in and you didn't jump in right behind him you're a coward. Of course, you were already a dumbass.

HEY MOM LOOK NO HANDS!@!!! KYAEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Aspengc8
11-05-2012, 11:01 AM

You wouldn't leap in alone. Any other fathers that were there to witness would be right behind you.

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 11:04 AM
You wouldn't leap in alone. Any other fathers that were there to witness would be right behind you.

Well that's not true.

Old Dog
11-05-2012, 11:06 AM

Bullshit....If you're stupid enough to stand your kid on the railing, maybe stupidity is hereditary......let the dogs have both of you.

tooge
11-05-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm gonna need a pic of the mom and her tits to determine if she is worth saving. If not, throw her in with the polar bears

vailpass
11-05-2012, 11:08 AM

Or walks into a particle disintegrator, or falls into the sun, or gets swallowed by a T-Rex.....

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Or walks into a particle disintegrator, or falls into the sun, or gets swallowed by a T-Rex.....

All a "yes"?

Pawnmower
11-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Bullshit....If you're stupid enough to stand your kid on the railing, maybe stupidity is hereditary......let the dogs have both of you.

hmmm

"Old DOg" eh

kysirsoze
11-05-2012, 11:11 AM
No one tried to help? Even if it was stupid of the lady to put the kid up there, I would have grabbed the first 5 men I saw and jumped in to help.

Forget the mauling you would have gotten from the dogs. You wouldn't have survived the beating you took from 5 dudes you are trying to drag to certain death over a kid that is already dead.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 11:12 AM
All a "yes"?

If I can pull loose of your mom in time to make it, sure.

Donger
11-05-2012, 11:12 AM
I'd like to think that I'd have jumped in. Heck, I once accompanied my son to Walmart.

kysirsoze
11-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Is it seriously considered noble to commit suicide by means of a thing that just killed you son?

What if you have other kids?

tooge
11-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Little boy mauled by painted dogs. scott pioli lives on.

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 11:18 AM
If I can pull loose of your mom in time to make it, sure.

Well I find comfort in knowing my mom would never stand me up on the rails (and walk away) overlooking the T-Rex exhibit.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Well I find comfort in knowing my mom would never stand me up on the rails (and walk away) overlooking the T-Rex exhibit.

LMAO As you should.

QuikSsurfer
Is it seriously considered noble to commit suicide by means of a thing that just killed you son?

Let the mother take them to the albino alligator exhibit?

tooge

she cant. apparently she's busy getting corn holed by Vailpass

Saulbadguy
11-05-2012, 11:20 AM
I'd like to think that I'd have jumped in. Heck, I once accompanied my son to Walmart.

Now that's bold and daring.

Predarat
11-05-2012, 11:21 AM
http://localtvwiti.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/pittsburgh-zoo.jpg%3Fw%3D400

That is a damn high ledge to put a 2 year old on even without the damn dogs.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 11:21 AM
she cant. apparently she's busy getting corn holed by Vailpass

Apropos of nothing but I recently was in a conversation where a person was discussing 'cornholing' as something she likes to do while tailgating.

I about fell off my fucking chair.

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 11:23 AM
http://localtvwiti.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/pittsburgh-zoo.jpg%3Fw%3D400

Is that about how far the boy would've been up?

Donger
11-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Is there really an ad for "Zoo Coupons" on this thread?

LMAO

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 11:24 AM

LMAO

ROFL

Stay classy Google.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 11:25 AM

14+ feet. If he landed on his head, its doubtful he would have survived regardless of the attack.

Predarat
11-05-2012, 11:26 AM

Yes it is, my text did not take the first time but thats a damn high place to put a 2 year old.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 11:26 AM

LMAO

LMAO Jesus

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 11:47 AM

Suicide? We're assuming the kid is still alive, you wouldn't jump in just to die. It's a split second decision and I would assume anyone worth their salt would try to save their own child.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Suicide? We're assuming the kid is still alive, you wouldn't jump in just to die. It's a split second decision and I would assume anyone worth their salt would try to save their own child.

There were 11 dogs. You're also leaping 14 feet down. It is a horrible situation.

ZepSinger
11-05-2012, 11:57 AM

Goddamn straight. I guess you have to be a parent to have this mindset. If there is ANY chance at all of saving your child, you jump in, no questions, and no concern for your own safety... the parental instinct takes over.

Ace Gunner
11-05-2012, 11:57 AM
more families like this one should go to the zoo.

Graystoke
11-05-2012, 11:58 AM
There were 11 dogs. You're also leaping 14 feet down. It is a horrible situation.

It sure is. I am sure I would have to jump in. It would be a split second decision. And I couldn't live with myself if I didn't try...and prolly die trying

Saulbadguy
11-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Goddamn straight. I guess you have to be a parent to have this mindset. If there is ANY chance at all of saving your child, you jump in, no questions, and no concern for your own safety... the parental instinct takes over.

What if there is 0% chance?

vailpass
11-05-2012, 11:59 AM

That's why you do anything you can to get your kid out of it.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 12:01 PM
It sure is. I am sure I would have to jump in. It would be a split second decision. And I couldn't live with myself if I didn't try...and prolly die trying

There is no probably. There is "I'll probably sprain/break my ankle" and then certainly be eaten alive.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 12:02 PM
That's why you do anything you can to get your kid out of it.

You mean like, don't dangle your fucking 3 year old over fucking painted dogs? From a 14+ foot platform?

Jesus, that lady needs to be held accountable.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 12:03 PM
more parents like this one should go into the painted dog exhibit.

Fixed

Deberg_1990
11-05-2012, 12:04 PM
So do you guys think the Mom was an Obama or Romney supporter?

Donger
11-05-2012, 12:07 PM

Take a guess:

Someone was begging for help, asking someone to do something

suds79
We need a "This is a horrible story" forum for those of us who want to see these kind of stories.

We have a pictures forum, media forum, draft forum. Why not?

vailpass
You mean like, don't dangle your ****ing 3 year old over ****ing painted dogs? From a 14+ foot platform?

Jesus, that lady needs to be held accountable.

That's for sure.

Sorter
Take a guess:

Someone was begging for help, asking someone to do something

LMAO

Sorter
11-05-2012, 12:08 PM
We need a "This is a horrible story" forum for those of us who want to see these kind of stories.

We have a pictures forum, media forum, draft forum. Why not?

This is relevant to my interests.

suds79
11-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Valipass,

To your deleted comment. That's my point. It's not like I clicked on the thread, read the article "Ah that's horrible". I got all I needed to know from the headline on the front page.

Don't get the fascination to these kind of stories on here. It's the same old thing.
- Horrible story
- Followed by several bad puns.

That's what we do. Anyways, just saying it.... Carry on.

Easy 6
11-05-2012, 12:14 PM
I would want a full mental health evaluation on mom, just to make sure there isnt more to this story.

She is either too stupid to be allowed to have a kid, or she did it on purpose.

Rausch
11-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Valipass,

To your deleted comment. That's my point. It's not like I clicked on the thread, read the article "Ah that's horrible". I got all I needed to know from the headline on the front page.

I checked to see if it was Big Daddy's pits...:evil:

KILLER_CLOWN

I don't care if it's 3 ninja turtles, you jump in the split second you can. Sounds like the woman could have jumped onto the net and stopped the kid from falling with the dogs. Certainly an angle.

ZepSinger
What if there is 0% chance?

All I know is whether there was 1 dog or 1000, I'd jump in. If you want to call 1000 dogs 0% for survival, OK. I'd still do my best to save my child. I sure as HELL wouldn't stand there watching my kid get eaten while I tried to determine my chances for survival.

EDIT: That being said, that mom is a fricking idiot who should never have reproduced.

tooge
11-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Apropos of nothing but I recently was in a conversation where a person was discussing 'cornholing' as something she likes to do while tailgating.

I about fell off my ****ing chair.

Let her know I'm in the back of lot J

Ace Gunner
11-05-2012, 12:18 PM
I would want a full mental health evaluation on mom, just to make sure there isnt more to this story.

She is either too stupid to be allowed to have a kid, or she did it on purpose.

I got smart $ on "too stoopid for kid". what kind of parent leaves an unattended 2yo on a ledge above wild animals in a zoo. somebody park their car on her and leave it there.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Valipass,

Don't get the fascination to these kind of stories on here. It's the same old thing.
- Horrible story

I thought you said "because I do NOT want to see them". Then when I re-read I thought you meant you did want to see them and wanted a repository to make them easier to find.

Now I see you don't like the threads, don't even want to know about them.
C'mon. Really?

Forgive my failed reading comprehension today. I need to go to the gym and settle myself down.

Zeke
When dad finds out, mom might be going into the pit, whether she wanted to or not.

KILLER_CLOWN
I got smart $ on "too stoopid for kid". what kind of parent leaves an unattended 2yo on a ledge above wild animals in a zoo. somebody park their car on her and leave it there.

Maybe she broke a nail?

Donger
11-05-2012, 12:20 PM
I need to go to the gym and settle myself down.

Watch out for the cornhole, bud.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Watch out for the cornhole, bud.

LMAO

Ace Gunner
and oh by the way, is there any use for regulating the minimum age for entry into this place? not to be a fuddy duddy pro regulation sort, but it just seems to me the zoo with open pits is not the place for any child under the age of 10.

Dartgod
Valipass,

- Horrible story

Awwww, don't go getting all sirius on us.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 12:22 PM
I don't care if it's 3 ninja turtles, you jump in the split second you can. Sounds like the woman could have jumped onto the net and stopped the kid from falling with the dogs. Certainly an angle.

I have no idea what I would do as I don't have children. Knowing these dogs and their demeanor, as well as what they are capable of physically, makes this a situation in which whoever jumped in to help their child would have died. Period.

suds79
11-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Now I see you don't like the threads, don't even want to know about them.

C'mon. Really?

Yeah. Exactly. I don't know. Maybe that just makes me a weird dude and we can end it with that.

I get that horrible stuff happens in society all the time. So why bring myself just a pinch down as a father in finding out about it?? I'll pass.

Deberg_1990
11-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Yeah. Exactly. I don't know. Maybe that just makes me a weird dude and we can end it with that.

I get that horrible stuff happens in society all the time. So why bring myself just a pinch down as a father in finding out about it?? I'll pass.

But yet, you accidently opened up the thread, read the story and posted about it?

Radar Chief
11-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Gotta agree with Killer_Clown and ZepSinger, there’s just no way I could stand there doing nothing. Of course I’d also have the forethought to consider the possibility that my child might fall in and not stand them on the rail to begin.

Inspector
11-05-2012, 12:25 PM
**** the dog.

But wouldn't that just waste a lot of valuable time? Wouldn't it just be better to wait until you got home to be with your own pooch?

Sorter
11-05-2012, 12:26 PM
But wouldn't that just waste a lot of valuable time? Wouldn't it just be better to wait until you got home to be with your own pooch?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HNMq8XS4LhE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass
11-05-2012, 12:27 PM
and oh by the way, is there any use for regulating the minimum age for entry into this place? not to be a fuddy duddy pro regulation sort, but it just seems to me the zoo with open pits is not the place for any child under the age of 10.

:spock: Should we also forbid them from serving 32 oz drinks, fried food, and cotton candy?

Predarat
11-05-2012, 12:28 PM

Certainly not a Gary Johnson kind of gal. She seems more the Crissy Teagan type without the supermodel looks.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 12:29 PM

I don't blame you. the overload of shit we know about thanks to the internet, satellite TV, etc. is overwhelming.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 12:29 PM
For those curious as to what these animals look like hunting/eating, here you go.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1NuZ69AoXDM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ace Gunner
11-05-2012, 12:30 PM
:spock: Should we also forbid them from serving 32 oz drinks, fried food, and cotton candy?

only an idiot like you would equate soft drinks with a 2yo at an open pit filled with wild animals.

Radar Chief

Pack mentality, assert dominance by mounting one.

suds79
But yet, you accidently opened up the thread, read the story and posted about it?

No I purposely opened the thread after seeing it on the front page, didn't read it and just shared my opinion on these type of stories.

That's all.

Easy 6
Save your kid, or die trying.

End of story.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I have no idea what I would do as I don't have children. Knowing these dogs and their demeanor, as well as what they are capable of physically, makes this a situation in which whoever jumped in to help their child would have died. Period.

The are countless cases of parents/people doing the seemingly impossible when their child's/loved one's life was in danger.
I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.....

vailpass
11-05-2012, 12:31 PM
only an idiot like you would equate soft drinks with a 2yo at an open pit filled with wild animals.

Only at idiot like you would think that was what I was saying.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Pack mentality, assert dominance by mounting one.

ROFL R C wins the internets

Sorter
11-05-2012, 12:33 PM
The are countless cases of parents/people doing the seemingly impossible when their child's/loved one's life was in danger.
I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.....

Watch the video I posted.

Then imagine 11.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Watch the video I posted.

Then imagine 11.

My point stands. Seemingly impossible to overcome. Yet it happens.

Donger
11-05-2012, 12:36 PM

I agree 100% Swimming pools, too. And amusement parks. The circus.

Children should be allowed to leave the house until at least 10.

Saulbadguy
11-05-2012, 12:38 PM
My point stands. Seemingly impossible to overcome. Yet it happens.

In movies.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 12:39 PM
I agree 100% Swimming pools, too. And amusement parks. The circus.

Children should be allowed to leave the house until at least 10.

Only an idiot like you would use appropriate comparisons to illustrate that government regulation replacing parental responsibility is a slippery slope that, once begun, has no ending in sight.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Gotta agree with Killer_Clown and ZepSinger, there’s just no way I could stand there doing nothing. Of course I’d also have the forethought to consider the possibility that my child might fall in and not stand them on the rail to begin.

Back when we were kids, we used to dare each other to jump in with the dogs just to see how many we could take out before having to be patched up before bleeding out. It was a different generation you know.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 12:49 PM
I mean, yeah, it could happen. As someone who has buddies who have spent extensive years in Africa and are familiar with them, the answer is no. 11 painted dogs is a death sentence. That child and the parent that would jump in after them would be eaten alive. Literally.

Now if you had like 4-7 full grown men with sticks, clubs, you might have a chance.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 12:49 PM
In movies.

^^^QFT

vailpass
11-05-2012, 12:59 PM
In movies.

Would you try to save your kids?

Big Smoke
11-05-2012, 01:11 PM

This.

Saulbadguy
11-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Would you try to save your kids?

nope, they'd be dog food

Oh Snap
11-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Thats terrible...These dogs are vicious. They're known for eating their prey while the prey is still alive. Hopefully the little boy didn't suffer much. :(

vailpass
11-05-2012, 01:18 PM
nope, they'd be dog food

:D I'm guessing you don't have kids?

Saulbadguy
11-05-2012, 01:21 PM
:D I'm guessing you don't have kids?

What would give you that idea?

WilliamTheIrish
11-05-2012, 01:23 PM
That kid was a goner the minute he hit the ground. I'll bet the poor little kid was shredded in about 20 seconds. 11 of those dogs? Good luck with the "Hey, let's go save this kid from 11 African wild dogs! Oh wait... there goes his bowel... Woa! kind of bloody... Are you guys ready? .... Never mind. He's already being defecated out by two of them.

I commend you fools who would go in. I would also commend you for not needing 6 people to be your pall bearers as they carried your (happy meal) sized coffin to your plot.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 01:27 PM
What would give you that idea?

I see your point. There's no way I could know that.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 01:29 PM
LMAOLMAOThat kid was a goner the minute he hit the ground. I'll bet the poor little kid was shredded in about 20 seconds. 11 of those dogs? Good luck with the "Hey, let's go save this kid from 11 African wild dogs! Oh wait... there goes his bowel... Woa! kind of bloody... Are you guys ready? .... Never mind. He's already being defecated out by two of them.

I commend you fools who would go in. I would also commend you for not needing 6 people to be your pall bearers as they carried your (happy meal) sized coffin to your plot.

Iowanian
11-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Painted Dogs are the loving family Pitbulls of Africa.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 01:35 PM

Really, it is just the owners fault those Painted Dogs are so aggressive.

Saulbadguy
11-05-2012, 01:35 PM

they just get a bad rap.

KC Tattoo
11-05-2012, 01:39 PM
And yet Matt Cassel lives.

Bearcat
11-05-2012, 01:42 PM
That kid was a goner the minute he hit the ground. I'll bet the poor little kid was shredded in about 20 seconds. 11 of those dogs? Good luck with the "Hey, let's go save this kid from 11 African wild dogs! Oh wait... there goes his bowel... Woa! kind of bloody... Are you guys ready? .... Never mind. He's already being defecated out by two of them.

Well, there were "only" 3 at first, and I doubt they were all hanging out directly below the kid... of course you could find yourself in a completely different situation 5 seconds after you land, but if I only saw a couple in that instant, I probably wouldn't spend a second trying to figure out how many were around.

tooge
11-05-2012, 01:43 PM
chuck norris would get his ass kicked by 11 of those "dogs". Regardless of whether or not anyone would try to save their kid, the fact is, the child died by neglect of it's parent and she will now suffer the rest of her worthless life.

Old Dog
11-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Her husband probably said, "Remember to feed the dogs" and she misunderstood.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Husband should sue teh wife.

KCUnited
11-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Her husband probably said, "Remember to feed the dogs" and she misunderstood.

I bet ol roy is filing for divorce.

WilliamTheIrish
11-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Well, there were "only" 3 at first, and I doubt they were all hanging out directly below the kid... of course you could find yourself in a completely different situation 5 seconds after you land, but if I only saw a couple in that instant, I probably wouldn't spend a second trying to figure out how many were around.

I understand. It's Fight Or Flight" and if a parent didn't go in, they'd probably kill themselves from the guilt.

But those dogs are probably from 40-80lbs. The second that of them makes a squeal, the rest of the pack is there to shred the carcass. They feed that way because bigger, nastier animals will snatch their kill. Although they don't have many natural enemies.

Iowanian
11-05-2012, 02:04 PM
It's too bad there weren't some parents there exercising their right to carry concealed weapons.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 02:06 PM
It's too bad there weren't some parents there exercising their right to carry concealed weapons.

Why? The kid was dead. Probably before the dogs got to him.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 02:06 PM

Or do you mean on the mother?

L.A. Chieffan
11-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Heres another mom of the year winner:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/young-children-found-stabbed-death-illinois-home/story?id=17610742#.UJgq6MXA-So

L.A. Chieffan
11-05-2012, 02:10 PM
And a nanny of the year winner:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nanny-held-stabbing-deaths-ny-children/story?id=17568995#.UJgrJMXA-Sp

Shaid
11-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Idiot ****ing mother. Irresponsible **** cost the lives of the child and the dog. The kid was more than likely killed from the fall -- why shoot the dog?

Who the fuck are you? I mean WTF could possibly be going through your head on this one. Protect the fucking dog when it's just mauled a 2 year old to death or near death and won't get away from the body? Stupidest post I've ever seen.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Who the **** are you? I mean WTF could possibly be going through your head on this one. Protect the ****ing dog when it's just mauled a 2 year old to death or near death and won't get away from the body? Stupidest post I've ever seen.

Yeah any animals that just ate a kid need to be shot on general principle.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah any animals that just ate a kid need to be shot on general principle.

Why? They were doing what wild predators do. They are also endangered.

vailpass
11-05-2012, 04:44 PM

I don't have a good explanation for you. All I can tell you is if I saw an animal eat a kid and there was a gun to hand that animal just had his last meal.
No way I'm alone on this.

Richard_Cuckold
11-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Just awful.

I bet the mother feels absolutely terrible( as she should). Horribly irresponsible.

memyselfI
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
I wonder how much more incited the dogs got by the hysteria and screaming of the crowd. Not that they would have been gentle and playful. No, just wondering if they were reacting to the energy they may have riled up faster and faster as more people screamed in horror. Any animal behaviorists have an opinion this.

Simply one of the most preventable horrific deaths I have ever heard.

Iowanian
11-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Listen to the above poster...she knows.

African Painted dogs den in her uterus.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 05:24 PM
I don't have a good explanation for you. All I can tell you is if I saw an animal eat a kid and there was a gun to hand that animal just had his last meal.
No way I'm alone on this.

I mean, I agree. I would do the same thing.

As for going back and killing the dogs later for revenge or whatever, no. In the moment to try and rescue the child, definitely.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Listen to the above poster...she knows.

African Painted dogs den in her uterus.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbej03cdA41rzbvsto1_250.gif

Ceej
11-05-2012, 05:31 PM
So what happens when you get down to the ground?

Super Hero Dad toss your kid back onto the platform in which they fell from?

JASONSAUTO
11-05-2012, 05:36 PM
So what happens when you get down to the ground?

Super Hero Dad toss your kid back onto the platform in which they fell from?
Die with your kid.

I would probably actually want to if I was in that exact situation. (putting my child on a fence and letting them fall)
Posted via Mobile Device

Ceej
11-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Die with your kid.

I would probably actually want to if I was in that exact situation. (putting my child on a fence and letting them fall)
Posted via Mobile Device

For some reason I get a scene of Super Hero Dad jumping down and trying to use his super dad human strength to try to toss his back onto the platform in which they fell.

And of course the kid would be 3-4 inches short.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-05-2012, 05:41 PM

No shit...I see CP machismo is going in full effect here.

KCUnited
11-05-2012, 05:43 PM
No shit...I see CP machismo is going in full effect here.

Fending off < 20% tippers and African Painted Dogs since 2000.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 05:49 PM
For those who want to see what a mother fucking golden retriever does to a human, here you go. NSFW or if you can't handle seeing tissue.
https://leerburg.com/Photos/dogbite_9-3-09_1.jpg
https://leerburg.com/Photos/dogbite_janet_1.jpg

Now look at these fucking teeth. http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/541164_436190996437558_1295466209_n.jpg
http://www.patriciamcconnell.com/theotherendoftheleash/theotherendoftheleash/uploads/2009/09/awd-teeth.jpg

If you think that you're going to be able to do anything against 11 of these guys, then you deserve what happens.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 05:50 PM
LMAOLMAOFending off < 20% tippers and African Painted Dogs since 2000.

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Who the **** are you? I mean WTF could possibly be going through your head on this one. Protect the ****ing dog when it's just mauled a 2 year old to death or near death and won't get away from the body? Stupidest post I've ever seen.

Why should the dogs die because of following their natural instinct. Not to mention that they are wild animals being held prisoner. They would be slaves if they were human caged up like that. They are also property. Revenue generating property and that Zoo is entitled to damages IMO if they were destroyed.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Why should the dogs die because of following their natural instinct. Not to mention that they are wild animals being held prisoner. They would be slaves if they were human caged up like that. They are also property. Revenue generating property and that Zoo is entitled to damages IMO if they were destroyed.

This. This. This.

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Who the fuck are you? I mean WTF could possibly be going through your head on this one. Protect the fucking dog when it's just mauled a 2 year old to death or near death and won't get away from the body? Stupidest post I've ever seen.

Eh? You must be new here.
Kill a wild animal for acting like a wild animal? As it has been discussed, it's very unlikely the child would've survived the fall to begin with.
I do understand where the parents are coming from in this thread - however, nuking the zoo from orbit doesn't fix the mother's retardation.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Eh? nuking the zoo from orbit doesn't fix the mother's retardation.

+rep.

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
I think short of being some kind of backwoods- harden-dual knife welding-hunter-badass that you have no chance to survive a pack of 11 dogs. Fight or flight...so who knows how one would really respond

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 06:08 PM
I think short of being some kind of backwoods- harden-dual knife welding-hunter-badass that you have no chance to survive a pack of 11 dogs. Fight or flight...so who knows how one would really respond

Those dogs would have been backing off looking for cover when I dropped down there, One Primal scream and they scatter.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Those dogs would have been skull fucking me after I dropped in and broke my ankle. Then they would eat my child.

Fixed

JASONSAUTO
11-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Fixed

Probably true. But as a father I could not see not going down with my child
Posted via Mobile Device

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Those dogs would have been backing off looking for cover when I dropped down there, One Primal scream and they scatter.

You mean the scream from busting your legs?

So I've been playing Assassins Creed 3. The character actually fights a pack of wolves. It's a confusing situation and that video game is contrived. Its not even real. I couldn't imagine what it would be like. I also would not put my kid on the rail unless that shit was FOOL PROOF. I am talking an achored rope with a harness. But that sounds like work. I could probably get a good idea of what's at the zoo from their website or a google search. Shit...I wouldn't even be at a zoo. Unless you're talking about work. Some days its a zoo. We call those days, weekdays.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 06:22 PM
As I said earlier in the thread, I'm not a parent, so I'm not going to speculate on what I would do in that situation.

All I'm saying is that against 11, there is no chance at all for survival.
None.

Fuck, 1 man vs a German Shepard without a weapon is a loss for a human usually. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fh8XP7bTyb8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JASONSAUTO
11-05-2012, 06:24 PM
As I said earlier in the thread, I'm not a parent, so I'm not going to speculate on what I would do in that situation.

All I'm saying is that against 11, there is no chance at all for survival.
None.

Fuck, 1 man vs a German Shepard without a weapon is a loss for a human usually. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fh8XP7bTyb8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Oh yeah you would probably die too. But who would WANT to live after basically being the major contributing factor in your child's death?
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited
11-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Oh yeah you would probably die too. But who would WANT to live after basically being the major contributing factor in your child's death?
Posted via Mobile Device

Someone with more than 1 kid.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Not me. Then again, I'm not a complete fucking waste to society and wouldn't endanger my child like that.

The mom needs to be thrown into the pit IMO.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 06:27 PM

Or this I suppose. If I had several children, I probably wouldn't. But really, I have no fucking clue. :)

JASONSAUTO
11-05-2012, 06:32 PM

Maybe. But then you have to look at your other kids knowing they know what happened
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus
11-05-2012, 08:01 PM
I could take a couple of African painted dogs if it came down to it.

No joke.

Easy 6
11-05-2012, 08:09 PM
The bottom line for the naysayers, who say that its all a bunch of bluster... if my ex had been stupid enough to do that... I'M GOING IN, the hell with bluster.

Grab the nearest thing you can find, a ladies purse, whatever... and go live or die with your baby child.

Who knows, an animalistic, raging, purse slamming display in front of a bunch of wild dogs, that are also well used to taking atleast some kind of direction from humans... might just save the day.

If not, die with your kid... or live the rest of your life in torment.

Phobia
11-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Why? The kid was dead. Probably before the dogs got to him.

Nope. Coroner said dogs caused death today.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 08:14 PM
A simple SIT UBU, SIT! would have sufficed.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 08:18 PM
I could take a couple of African painted dogs if it came down to it.

No joke.

http://i39.tinypic.com/298s2c.jpg

Sorter
11-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Nope. Coroner said dogs caused death today.

Did they say the extent of the injuries sustained from the fall?

KChiefer
11-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Someone with more than 1 kid probably had enough of a scare with the first one that they wouldn't stand their next kid on a railing without an iron grip on them.

Shaid
11-05-2012, 08:28 PM

Did I say to kill all 11 dogs? There's a dog next to the kid's mauled body. Do they know for sure if the kids alive or not yet? Kill it if it won't move so you have a chance to save the kid. Also, this is an 11 foot drop, it's a ways for a little kid to drop but to say he died from the fall is a stretch. I guarantee he probably broke an arm or a leg and was probably hurt pretty bad but you do whatever you can do if there is any chance the kid's still alive. Any chance.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Did they say the extent of the injuries sustained from the fall?

Oddly enough there was a reporter down at the bottom that asked the kid how he was doing. His reply was "I've never felt better in my entire life"

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2012, 08:32 PM
The bottom line for the naysayers, who say that its all a bunch of bluster... if my ex had been stupid enough to do that... I'M GOING IN, the hell with bluster.

Grab the nearest thing you can find, a ladies purse, whatever... and go live or die with your baby child.

Who knows, an animalistic, raging, purse slamming display in front of a bunch of wild dogs, that are also well used to taking atleast some kind of direction from humans... might just save the day.

If not, die with your kid... or live the rest of your life in torment.I agree. If I saw my child go in, I'm going in as well. Zero question about that. If it's someone else's child, I'm not sure. If I found a large weapon, sure. If not, I don't know.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Oddly enough there was a reporter down at the bottom that asked the kid how he was doing. His reply was "I've never felt better in my entire life"

Autopsies are wonderful things :)

ThaVirus
11-05-2012, 08:40 PM
They're knee-high and like 60 pounds with a mouth. They don't have claws like a lion..

I'd be stomping and booting their brains in if a small child were in the mix.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 08:41 PM
They're knee-high and like 60 pounds with a mouth. They don't have claws like a lion..

Bwahahaha

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 08:42 PM

I've been trying to explain that all it takes is a set of balls and them dogs would have to be put down.

Sorter
For those who want to see what a mother ****ing golden retriever does to a human, here you go. NSFW or if you can't handle seeing tissue.
https://leerburg.com/Photos/dogbite_9-3-09_1.jpg
https://leerburg.com/Photos/dogbite_janet_1.jpg

Now look at these ****ing teeth. http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/541164_436190996437558_1295466209_n.jpg
http://www.patriciamcconnell.com/theotherendoftheleash/theotherendoftheleash/uploads/2009/09/awd-teeth.jpg

If you think that you're going to be able to do anything against 11 of these guys, then you deserve what happens.

Bump for the internet bad-ass.

kcpasco

A pack of those can take down big game, I doubt 1 man could do much.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Bump for the internet bad-ass.

Them dogs are just frontin' on the webz.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 08:44 PM
1 man gets raped/eaten/fucked by an angry German Shepard and these TUF warriors think that they are taking out a group of 11 animals that routinely chase off/fight hyenas and leopards?

I mean, even BlackBob isn't dumb enough to argue this shit. LMAO

Sorter
11-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Them dogs are just frontin' on the webz.

now I feel silly. trololololo

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 08:47 PM
now I feel silly. trololololo

It's a process..... Your choice to be a ...Oh never mind.

ThaVirus
11-05-2012, 08:48 PM
A pack of those can take down big game, I doubt 1 man could do much.

Yeah, probably wouldn't kill them, but I feel like I'd have a decent enough chance to fend them off for at least a minute until help arrived.

Animals are a lot like people. If they realize they could get hurt, they'll back off. That's what I'd be hoping for anyway..

Seems to me you'd just need to make sure they didn't get a hold of your neck, otherwise you're fucked.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 08:48 PM
It's a process..... Your choice to be a ...Oh never mind.

ROFL, just spit chew out laughing at this.

I really need to stop chewing whilst visiting this site. :eek:

Sorter
11-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Yeah, probably wouldn't kill them, but I feel like I'd have a decent enough chance to fend them off for at least a minute until help arrived.

Animals are a lot like people. If they realize they could get hurt, they'll back off. That's what I'd be hoping for anyway..

Seems to me you'd just need to make sure they didn't get a hold of your neck, otherwise you're ****ed.

Oh god, you're serious. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ko53zcxv1qmsrb7.gif

ThaVirus
11-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Also, Wikipedia says their main meals are impalas and gazelles. Those things aren't fierce at all. It does say they hunt bigger game, like humans and zebra from time to time but their success rate isn't good. It says it takes a seriously coordinated effort in which the biggest male latches onto the nose while one hangs on the tail and the others try to dismember it.

I've seen videos of lions taking an hour to kill a wildebeest (they go for strangulation so it's a bit different, but still). If you could at least hurt a couple of them and make them think twice, you might be able to buy time for the trainers to get there.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 08:52 PM
ROFL, just spit chew out laughing at this.

I really need to stop chewing whilst visiting this site. :eek:

Then I won't even mention anything about the right 53.

ThaVirus
11-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Oh god, you're serious. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ko53zcxv1qmsrb7.gif

Yes, sir.

Obviously I don't know shit about how it would actually go down, but I'm sure stranger things have happened.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Yes, sir.

Obviously I don't know shit about how it would actually go down, but I'm sure stranger things have happened.

My point was it doesn't matter, You have to try if it's your kid.

jspchief
11-05-2012, 08:54 PM

That's what wild predators do.

Wanna know what humans do? They shoot wild predators that eat their kids.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Well, as I stated earlier, I've had quite a few pals spend large portions of their lives living/working in Africa.

These dogs would seriously fuck you up. Just 1.

Now, imagine 11. A human can't defend itself with no weapons against a fucking Pit or German Shepard, and you think that an unarmed human is going to leap 14 feet into a pit and immediately start beating the shit of 11, hungry, pack mentality, wild animals that fuck up hyenas and leopards?

What in the fuck are you smoking? Bath Salts? lol

Sorter
11-05-2012, 08:58 PM

I'm not going to blame a group of wild animals for the dumbest woman on the planet.

ThaVirus
11-05-2012, 08:59 PM
My point was it doesn't matter, You have to try if it's your kid.

Oh, definitely.

I'm not saying I'm going to go out in the savannah in a loin cloth like I have a chance to survive. I'm just arguing that you never know, it may have been possible to save the kid. Even if you died and the child lived, it would be worth it. He had so much more life to live.

Sorter

Also, this is a horrible analogy. It isn't like these dogs escaped, stalked, and then were hunting kids. The dumb cunt dropped her kid in because she's a fucking moron and in all likelihood, shouldn't have been allowed to reproduce in the first place.

Brock

Of course, that's after they did something so stupid it defies description that got their kid eaten.

jspchief
11-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Only on CP can you find people with first hand knowledge of the rare endangered painted dog.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Of course, that's after they did something so stupid it defies description that got their kid eaten.

Word

SNR
11-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Life's a bichon