PDA

View Full Version : Elections My votes

Amnorix
11-05-2012, 03:56 PM
So after a fairly long period of dithering, I'm going to vote for Romney and, less surprisingly, Scott Brown. The vote for Romney is, of course, wasted, as Massachusetts will go into Obama's column.

I could go on and on as to why, but essentially it boils down to this -- I've long stated that I want moderate candidates who have a more business-like approach to running government. I want them to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Under the current circumstances, I think it's even more important that we start being fiscally conservative (though not in a dramatic fashion such that the tepid recovery is undermined), and pro-business in order to encourage growth. I also cross my fingers that Mitt won't simply cave to the religious right and social conservatives to keep them in line. I know that his personal policies on such matters are, well, wishy-washy at best.

In voting for Romney, I'm not really rejecting Obama, as I don't think he's done such a bad job. He's had brutal circumstances, etc. I just think Mitt is the better candidate under the current circumstances.

And, frankly, I sorta feel like if I don't vote for Romney, then I might as well just admit I'd never vote for a Republican for POTUS. Usually their candidate is further to the right than I am comfortable with. Having nominated a more moderate candidate, I should reward that effort. Or something like that.

As for Brown, it's a relatively moderate Republican versus a die-hard liberal. I'll take the moderate.

Amnorix
11-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Oh, and not that anyone on this board cares, but YES to right to die in Massachusetts and YES to medical marijuana in Massachusetts (noting that I've never tried pot in my entire life, and yes I'm serious).

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Obama has run a moderate administration, has he not?

Donger
11-05-2012, 04:09 PM
http://chan.catiewayne.com/c/src/134016221789.jpg

Welcome, brother.

Donger
11-05-2012, 04:09 PM

LMAO

patteeu
11-05-2012, 04:12 PM
I commend your reasonableness. I have to admit that I had my doubts that you'd pull the trigger for Romney (and your kind words for Obama are a bit disappointing), but I think your reasoning is sound. Romney is about as socially moderate as you can expect from the GOP in the sense that I don't think he will make social issues a focus of his administration. And it's hard to imagine a candidate from either party having more business executive experience and more of a campaign focus on addressing our fiscal and economic issues than he does.

patteeu
11-05-2012, 04:12 PM

This is a pro-Romney club thread. You are not welcome here. ;)

LiveSteam
11-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Go Patriots

Amnorix
11-05-2012, 04:21 PM

More moderate than the right wingers on here will give him credit for, yes.

As I say, it was a close call for me. Rather than viewing this as a choice between two guys one of whom is a 1 on a scale of 1-10 and the other of whom is, whatever, a 6, 8 or 10, wherever these guys put him, I view it more like voting between two guys who are in the 5-6 range. Neither thrills me, and neither repels me.

Bottom line, though, is that the business of America needs to be BUSINESS. Right now that will help us more than anything else. If that means sacrificing in other areas I typically prioritize as well, so be it.

Amnorix
11-05-2012, 04:23 PM
I commend your reasonableness. I have to admit that I had my doubts that you'd pull the trigger for Romney (and your kind words for Obama are a bit disappointing), but I think your reasoning is sound. Romney is about as socially moderate as you can expect from the GOP in the sense that I don't think he will make social issues a focus of his administration. And it's hard to imagine a candidate from either party having more business executive experience and more of a campaign focus on addressing our fiscal and economic issues than he does.

That neatly sums it up.

I think if you were more capable of taking off your partisan glasses, you'd see Obama as far more moderate and willing to compromise than you give him credit for. Unfortunately, the tendency around here is to demonize the other party, and that makes it impossible to do anything but paint him as Satan incarnate.

Amnorix
11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
http://chan.catiewayne.com/c/src/134016221789.jpg

Welcome, brother.

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/3/29/128828554437293847.jpg

SNR
11-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Do you think Scott Brown has a chance?

Amnorix
11-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Do you think Scott Brown has a chance?

Not much of one, according to the polls, who have Warren up by 5 percentage points, and therefore outside of the margin of error. The trend has been toward Warren over the past month or so. Seems like a longshot. It's too bad, really. I like Brown by and large.

Donger
11-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Not much of one, according to the polls, who have Warren up by 5 percentage points, and therefore outside of the margin of error. The trend has been toward Warren over the past month or so. Seems like a longshot. It's too bad, really. I like Brown by and large.

Yeah, but you'll at least get to say that you have an Indigenous Person as one of your senators.

Amnorix
11-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah, but you'll at least get to say that you have an Indigenous Person as one of your senators.

Brown attempted to make ALOT of hay out of that. Lots of ads etc. Can't say I blame him, but I don't think too many folks who were in the middle of the spectrum cared all that much really.

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 04:59 PM
This is a pro-Romney club thread. You are not welcome here. ;)

I'm making my own rules.

Calcountry
11-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Amno, your vote counts. If Romney were to win the ec, and lose the popular vote, then it would lessen the governing mandate. That is reason alone to feel like it counts. Furthermore, if Senator Brown can win in Mass, anything is possible.

R8RFAN
11-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Scott Brown is what I consider a "check pants Republican" but he is the best choice up there.

Good job, it's always great to get yankees to vote red

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 05:05 PM
My fear, Amno, is that your vote rewards the Republican Party for its total obstinence and refusal to work with the President.

I fear your vote further reinforces that that's how the GOP should function during Democratic administrations.

R8RFAN
11-05-2012, 05:07 PM
My fear, Amno, is that your vote rewards the Republican Party for its total obstinence and refusal to work with the President.

I fear your vote further reinforces that that's how the GOP should function during Democratic administrations.

Republicans would be glad to work with Obama if everything he wants them to work with him on did not have a trillion dollar price tag on it.

R8RFAN
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
How much did Obama work with the Republicans when he had the house and the senate? Did he try to work with them?

Donger
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM

LMAO

Are you serious?

petegz28
11-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Amnorix, I am mildy impressed. Not because you are voting for Romney at face value but that you agree that we need some real business experience in the White House at this time.

petegz28
11-05-2012, 05:22 PM

By refusing to work do you mean like how Harry Reid came out the other day and said the Dems will refuse to work with Romney if he is elected?

cosmo20002
11-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Republicans would be glad to work with Obama if everything he wants them to work with him on did not have a trillion dollar price tag on it.

Yeah, if it has a trillion dollar price tag, they want it to be an R proposal.

Anyway,
http://swampland.time.com/2012/08/23/the-party-of-no-new-details-on-the-gop-plot-to-obstruct-obama/

cosmo20002
11-05-2012, 05:35 PM
By refusing to work do you mean like how Harry Reid came out the other day and said the Dems will refuse to work with Romney if he is elected?

Yeah, he never said that.

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 05:45 PM
LMAO

LMAO

Are you serious?

Hey if you have something to add, we've got a thread you can use.

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 05:45 PM

Hilarious.

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 05:46 PM
How much did Obama work with the Republicans when he had the house and the senate? Did he try to work with them?

Takes two to work.

He did his end. The GOP spent his first two years running away from positions they previously held to avoid working with him.

R8RFAN
11-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Takes two to work.

He did his end. The GOP spent his first two years running away from positions they previously held to avoid working with him.

Dude, he had the house and senate the first two years, what good did it do to run away?

BucEyedPea
11-05-2012, 05:49 PM
What's wrong with that?
They wouldn't have been elected if most wanted Obama's policies. That's the checks and balances that supposed to do that. Spending though, originates in the House — not with a president. The House will remain Republican.

This is why the budget was in better shape under Clinton. We need such checks.

Saul Good
11-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Takes two to work.

Mr. "I don't want (Republicans) to do a lot of talking" wasn't able to catch flies with vinegar? Probably just need more vinegar.

Saul Good
11-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Oh, and not that anyone on this board cares, but YES to right to die in Massachusetts and YES to medical marijuana in Massachusetts (noting that I've never tried pot in my entire life, and yes I'm serious).

Well, we agree on every position you've discussed in this thread.

Donger
11-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Hey if you have something to add, we've got a thread you can use.

I take it you haven't read or heard about Woodward's book, eh?

R8RFAN
11-05-2012, 05:55 PM

I am pretty hard right and I support medical marijuana and I haven't smoked in 20+ years but if I ever get out of this damn truck I am prolly gonna buy me a big sack, roll up a couple hog legs and pass the **** out.

patteeu
11-05-2012, 05:55 PM

A vote for Barack Obama rewards a campaign based on excuse-making and focused on small, divisive issues at a time when we face big problems. He's making the right choice as so many moderates/independents seem to be doing. Scared yet?

Edit: Well, duh, your post leads off with an admission of fear so you can disregard my question. :p

Pawnmower
11-05-2012, 05:57 PM

Is this not a bit hypocritical?

Did the democrats work with GWB? I seem to recall quite a bit of name calling, divisive behavior, and the same BS party line politics.

I think its shameful how liberals seem to think shit only runs one way.

This right here is why I left the Democratic party, I cant stand a lot of things...but Hypocrites are the worst.

Donger
11-05-2012, 05:59 PM

Did the democrats work with GWB? I seem to recall quite a bit of name calling, divisive behavior, and the same BS party line politics.

This right here is why I left the Democratic party, I cant stand a lot of things...but Hypocrites are the worst.

It's also an amazingly dishonest or ignorant statement. But, hey, it's Direckshun on election eve.

blaise
11-05-2012, 06:10 PM

Yeah, that's your fear.

petegz28
11-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Yeah, he never said that.

Really?

Harry Reid to Romney: Senate Dems Won't Work With You
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/02/1154409/-Harry-Reid-to-Romney-Senate-Dems-Won-t-Work-With-You

Just stop while you can

blaise
11-05-2012, 06:17 PM
cosmo and Direckshun have all their little Obama commemorative plates and glasses out.

R8RFAN
11-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Really?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/02/1154409/-Harry-Reid-to-Romney-Senate-Dems-Won-t-Work-With-You

Just stop while you can

You just knocked him the fuck out manROFL

LiveSteam
11-05-2012, 06:23 PM
You just knocked her the fuck out manROFL

Hitting lil girls isn't cool man

htismaqe
11-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Takes two to work.

He didn't HAVE to work with them. The Democrats had all of the votes they needed. They could have put through anything they wanted.

Here's the little secret - they don't WANT to do anything, other than continue to get elected.

Donger
11-05-2012, 06:27 PM
He didn't HAVE to work with them. The Democrats had all of the votes they needed. They could have put through anything they wanted.

Here's the little secret - they don't WANT to do anything, other than continue to get elected.

Yep. Or, as Obama's then chief of staff said, "Fuck 'em. We've got the votes."

R8RFAN
11-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Yep. Or, as Obama's then chief of staff said, "**** 'em. We've got the votes."

I remember that

blaise
11-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Obama wanted to save the world, it's just that Republicans wouldn't let him. And I'm just really afraid that Amnorix can't see the glowing grace of the wondrous Obama, because he was tricked by sinister Republicans.

cosmo20002
11-05-2012, 08:11 PM

Check the filibuster count.

cdcox
11-05-2012, 08:16 PM

Yeah, but why aren't you on his case for throwing in the towel for Romney in the toss-up state of Massachusetts?

patteeu
11-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah, but why aren't you on his case for throwing in the towel for Romney in the toss-up state of Massachusetts?

I'm not sure I understand your question. It would be better if Amnorix (or a similar convert) was a resident of Pennsylvania, but he lives where he lives. :shrug:

I'm sure I'm missing your meaning.

cdcox
11-05-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question. It would be better if Amnorix (or a similar convert) was a resident of Pennsylvania, but he lives where he lives. :shrug:

I'm sure I'm missing your meaning.

I was trying to make a joke that you considered MA a toss-up. Guess the joke just wasn't there.

Mr. Kotter
11-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Check the filibuster count.

Ssshhhhhhh! Nothing to see here move along....at least until Dems play the same game, in the unlikely event of a Romney victory. Heh.

blaise
11-05-2012, 08:49 PM
heh

trndobrd
11-05-2012, 08:57 PM
So after a fairly long period of dithering, I'm going to vote for Romney and, less surprisingly, Scott Brown. The vote for Romney is, of course, wasted, as Massachusetts will go into Obama's column.

Out of curiosity, did you vote for Romney for Governor?

Mr. Kotter
11-05-2012, 08:59 PM

You gotta ask? It's his token, and occasional R vote...NTTAWWT.

Jk, jk....heh.

patteeu
11-05-2012, 09:06 PM
I was trying to make a joke that you considered MA a toss-up. Guess the joke just wasn't there.

I'm sure it was just me. :)

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Dude, he had the house and senate the first two years, what good did it do to run away?

You got me.

It was a failed strategy the moment they embraced it.

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Mr. "I don't want (Republicans) to do a lot of talking" wasn't able to catch flies with vinegar? Probably just need more vinegar.

Pretty sure you just intentionally cropped the President's words there. But, have at.

It's only costing you the election.

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 09:21 PM
I take it you haven't read or heard about Woodward's book, eh?

I've absorbed Woodward's book.

Your point?

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 09:22 PM
A vote for Barack Obama rewards a campaign based on excuse-making and focused on small, divisive issues at a time when we face big problems.

Focused on small, divisive issues?

Like he fact his opponent's economic plan doesn't make a lick of sense, and the parts that do make sense mirror the lost-decade ideas of the Bush administration?

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 09:23 PM

Plenty of Democrats voted in favor of Bush's policies right up until he went off the deep end with social security in 2005.

Plenty.

Meanwhile, under Obama, Republicans have shattered the filibuster record. Even as Democrats have proposed Republican ideas.

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 09:24 PM
It's also an amazingly dishonest or ignorant statement.

Once again, you can present an argument if you wish.

Would probably help pass the time while you're busy losing the Presidency and seats in both chambers of Congress.

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Really?

Just stop while you can

Try again.

Post all of Harry Reid's quote.

Go ahead.

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 09:26 PM

Actually, the 111th Congress was one of the most productive in history. And they still asked for Republican input on a variety of issues, getting fuck-all in return for it.

Other than that, you're doing great.

patteeu
11-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Focused on small, divisive issues?

Like he fact his opponent's economic plan doesn't make a lick of sense, and the parts that do make sense mirror the lost-decade ideas of the Bush administration?

Small like the ironically named big bird and divisive like his war on women campaign. Where has any inkling of a plan for making medicare solvent been?

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Small like the ironically named big bird and divisive like his war on women campaign.

Big Bird was indicative of the idea that Romney's tax plans don't make sense.

You missed the forest for the trees, there.

Intentionally, probably.

patteeu
11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Big Bird was indicative of the idea that Romney's tax plans don't make sense.

You missed the forest for the trees, there.

Intentionally, probably.

Obama may have missed it too. Did any of his advisers tell him what was up?

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Obama may have missed it too. Did any of his advisers tell him what was up?

So we're basically just killing time at this point, aren't we.

patteeu
11-05-2012, 09:40 PM
So we're basically just killing time at this point, aren't we.

Let's not kill too much of it. I need to get up early tomorrow so I'm going to head to bed. You'll be back for one more day, right?

Amnorix
11-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Amno, your vote counts. If Romney were to win the ec, and lose the popular vote, then it would lessen the governing mandate. That is reason alone to feel like it counts. Furthermore, if Senator Brown can win in Mass, anything is possible.

I think mandates (or the lack thereof) mean nothing to politicians in terms of what they actually do once the election is over.

Donger
11-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Once again, you can present an argument if you wish.

Would probably help pass the time while you're busy losing the Presidency and seats in both chambers of Congress.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bob-woodward-book-debt-deal-collapse-led-pure/story?id=17104635#.UEj4ZSJcjKc

An explosive mix of dysfunction, miscommunication, and misunderstandings inside and outside the White House led to the collapse of a historic spending and debt deal that President Obama and House Speaker John Boehner were on the verge of reaching last summer, according to revelations in author Bob Woodward's latest book.

The book, "The Price of Politics," on sale Sept. 11, 2012, shows how close the president and the House speaker were to defying Washington odds and establishing a spending framework that included both new revenues and major changes to long-sacred entitlement programs.

But at a critical juncture, with an agreement tantalizingly close, Obama pressed Boehner for additional taxes as part of a final deal -- a miscalculation, in retrospect, given how far the House speaker felt he'd already gone.

The president called three times to speak with Boehner about his latest offer, according to Woodward. But the speaker didn't return the president's phone call for most of an agonizing day, in what Woodward calls a "monumental communications lapse" between two of the most powerful men in the country.

When Boehner finally did call back, he jettisoned the entire deal. Obama lost his famous cool, according to Woodward, with a "flash of pure fury" coming from the president; one staffer in the room said Obama gripped the phone so tightly he thought he would break it.

"He was spewing coals," Boehner told Woodward, in what is described as a borderline "presidential tirade."

"He was pissed…. He wasn't going to get a damn dime more out of me. He knew how far out on a limb I was. But he was hot. It was clear to me that coming to an agreement with him was not going to happen, and that I had to go to Plan B."

Amnorix
11-06-2012, 09:33 AM

Yes. I voted for Republicans from Weld through to Romney. I frankly liked having the governorship in Republican hands since the legislature is very heavily Democratic. What I had seen before with both the executive and legislative branches in the same hands I didn't much like.

You should realize, however, that a Massachusetts Republican would be considered a moderate democrat in nearly any other state. Hell, Jesse Helms purposefully blocked Weld being appointed to some ambassadorship or something because he didn't think he was conservative enough. A fellow Republican!

I did vote for Patrick, however, as I like him and the Republican nominees were very unimpressive IMHO.

Donger
11-06-2012, 09:36 AM
And...

While questions persist about whether any grand bargain reached by the principals could have actually passed in the Tea Party-dominated Congress, Woodward issues a harsh judgment on White House and congressional leaders for failing to act boldly at a moment of crisis. Particular blame falls on the president.

"It was increasingly clear that no one was running Washington. That was trouble for everyone, but especially for Obama," Woodward writes.

With the president taking charge, though, Obama found that he had little history with members of Congress to draw on. His administration's early decision to forego bipartisanship for the sake of speed around the stimulus bill was encapsulated by his then-chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel: "We have the votes. F--- 'em," he's quoted in the book as saying.

Direckshun
11-06-2012, 10:12 AM
There's a difference between a bargain falling through the cracks -- which happens sometimes -- and a political party that simply does not want to participate in any of the programs they previously supported to avoid bipartisanship.

I don't void the fault of Obama over the past few years in failing to do what's necessary to get some Republican support, impossible though I feel that mission would be.

You, on the other hand, do not believe the GOP is at fault for any of the political stagnation, as the Democrats have moved to the right to compromise, and the GOP has moved even further right to usurp it.

Donger
11-06-2012, 10:15 AM
There's a difference between a bargain falling through the cracks -- which happens sometimes -- and a political party that simply does not want to participate in any of the programs they previously supported to avoid bipartisanship.

I don't void the fault of Obama over the past few years in failing to do what's necessary to get some Republican support, impossible though I feel that mission would be.

You, on the other hand, do not believe the GOP is at fault for any of the political stagnation, as the Democrats have moved to the right to compromise, and the GOP has moved even further right to usurp it.

You're welcome. Always happy to prove you wrong.

the Republican Party for its total obstinence and refusal to work with the President.

WilliamTheIrish
11-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Voted your conscious, Amno. Can't ask more than that.

jettio
11-06-2012, 12:14 PM

I could go on and on as to why, but essentially it boils down to this -- I've long stated that I want moderate candidates who have a more business-like approach to running government. I want them to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Under the current circumstances, I think it's even more important that we start being fiscally conservative (though not in a dramatic fashion such that the tepid recovery is undermined), and pro-business in order to encourage growth. I also cross my fingers that Mitt won't simply cave to the religious right and social conservatives to keep them in line. I know that his personal policies on such matters are, well, wishy-washy at best.

In voting for Romney, I'm not really rejecting Obama, as I don't think he's done such a bad job. He's had brutal circumstances, etc. I just think Mitt is the better candidate under the current circumstances.

And, frankly, I sorta feel like if I don't vote for Romney, then I might as well just admit I'd never vote for a Republican for POTUS. Usually their candidate is further to the right than I am comfortable with. Having nominated a more moderate candidate, I should reward that effort. Or something like that.

As for Brown, it's a relatively moderate Republican versus a die-hard liberal. I'll take the moderate.

The GOP does not seem to be making the effort to be more moderate. Nominating a "moderate" Romney seems to be a cynical move, and not sure why cynicism is something to be rewarded.

Romney seems quite cynical himself. I can't believe he tried to blast Rick Perry on the debate stage about Texas allowing in-state tuition for undocumented immigrant children brought to Texas by their parents. It seems to me that a bishop in a church that evangelizes around the world would have more compassion and I think his sincere belief would be to agree with Rick Perry on the issue, but that he cynically decided to be Tom Tancredo in the primary.

And why would you vote for a guy that said what he said in the 47% video. That seems to me to be another example where Romney said things that he did not truly believe because he was a salesman who had sized up his audience that day and figured he would cynically repeat to them the horrid things he assumed that they must believe.

Romney does not deserve to win because demographically speaking, the only people who tolerate an obvious phony like him are white boyz.

patteeu
11-06-2012, 12:26 PM
The GOP does not seem to be making the effort to be more moderate. Nominating a "moderate" Romney seems to be a cynical move, and not sure why cynicism is something to be rewarded.

Romney seems quite cynical himself. I can't believe he tried to blast Rick Perry on the debate stage about Texas allowing in-state tuition for undocumented immigrant children brought to Texas by their parents. It seems to me that a bishop in a church that evangelizes around the world would have more compassion and I think his sincere belief would be to agree with Rick Perry on the issue, but that he cynically decided to be Tom Tancredo in the primary.

And why would you vote for a guy that said what he said in the 47% video. That seems to me to be another example where Romney said things that he did not truly believe because he was a salesman who had sized up his audience that day and figured he would cynically repeat to them the horrid things he assumed that they must believe.

Romney does not deserve to win because demographically speaking, the only people who tolerate an obvious phony like him are white boyz.

Racist post from a liberal. Shocking.

blaise
11-06-2012, 12:51 PM

Do you normally type that way? Like an idiot?

mikey23545
11-06-2012, 03:11 PM

Oh, come on patteeu.

Amnorix only voted for Romney because he knew it would never matter in Assachussets.

Now he sees himself proclaiming forevermore that he is an open-minded, equitable, sober political voice, and anything but a devout liberal.

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 03:21 PM

I don't get the resistance to MM.

If Oxycontin, a drug that is significantly more harmful and responsible for more deaths each year then any kind of Marijuana, is legal - then pot should be too.

cosmo20002
11-06-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't get the resistance to MM.

If Oxycontin, a drug that is significantly more harmful and responsible for more deaths each year then any kind of Marijuana, is legal - then pot should be too.

What don't you get about uptight big-government conservative hypocrites imposing their morals on everyone?

jettio
11-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Racist post from a liberal. Shocking.

Is there now an ethnic classification for phony baloney. I thought Mitt Romney was a caucasian Mormon. I did not know that it was politically incorrect to criticize fake shape shifting wafflers as if they were a race of their own.

I do not think it is fair to Romney's grandkids for you to say that they are racially classified as phony baloneys.

Romney deserves to lose because he is the biggest phony to get a major party nomination.

I hope he does lose and I hope he runs for the GOP nomination in 2016, just to hear how opposite his positions will be that year.

blaise
11-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Is there now an ethnic classification for phony baloney. I thought Mitt Romney was a caucasian Mormon. I did not know that it was politically incorrect to criticize fake shape shifting wafflers as if they were a race of their own.

I do not think it is fair to Romney's grandkids for you to say that they are racially classified as phony baloneys.

Romney deserves to lose because he is the biggest phony to get a major party nomination.

I hope he does lose and I hope he runs for the GOP nomination in 2016, just to hear how opposite his positions will be that year.

I think you missed the point.

RedNeckRaider
11-06-2012, 04:44 PM

Oh he is a phony and that is a fact. Not anywhere near the level of phony Obama is but yes a phony~