PDA

View Full Version : Elections The Marijuana Legalization Watch Thread

alnorth
11-05-2012, 12:48 PM
This thread is split out from the 538 thread. As mentioned below, it's looking like the marijuana legalization initiatives in Colorado and Washington both have a decent chance of passing, so here's a thread to talk about it. I know legalization as a philosophy has been discussed on the Planet ad nauseum, so I'd suggest this thread be used primarily to talk specifically about the potential impacts of legalization in these states rater than as a general philosophy, but it's not like I dictate discussion around here either. :)

Take this poll with a grain of salt because drugs always seem to under-perform their polling, but PPP says amendment 64 is winning in CO, 52-44.

This amendment would outright legalize and regulate the cultivation, manufacture, sale, and recreational use of marijuana. That would set the state up for a showdown with the feds which the feds will obviously win, but it could drive the issue further.

DaFace
11-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Take this poll with a grain of salt because drugs always seem to under-perform their polling, but PPP says amendment 64 is winning in CO, 52-44.

This amendment would outright legalize and regulate the cultivation, manufacture, sale, and recreational use of marijuana. That would set the state up for a showdown with the feds which the feds will obviously win, but it could drive the issue further.

It's been consistently polling as a "yes" for months now. At this point, the only question is whether all the stoners will get out of bed to vote.

Washington will likely pass their own version as well.

BucEyedPea
11-05-2012, 12:57 PM
It's been consistently polling as a "yes" for months now. At this point, the only question is whether all the stoners will get out of bed to vote.

LMAO

dirk digler
11-05-2012, 01:10 PM

Washington will likely pass their own version as well.

60 minutes did a story on Colorado pot a couple of weeks ago. It was interesting to hear that most people agree that the legalization of medical pot saved Colorado's economy and helped boost it.

cosmo20002
11-05-2012, 01:13 PM
60 minutes did a story on Colorado pot a couple of weeks ago. It was interesting to hear that most people agree that the legalization of pot saved Colorado's economy and helped boost it.

Skyrocketing sales of cheetos and burritos alone helped keep the doors open at many a Taco Bell and 7-11.

DaFace
11-05-2012, 01:30 PM
60 minutes did a story on Colorado pot a couple of weeks ago. It was interesting to hear that most people agree that the legalization of medical pot saved Colorado's economy and helped boost it.

Yeah, the MMJ industry here has clearly paved the way for this amendment to pass. It really is essentially legalized here already. All you have to do is know the right places to go and complain about your "chronic pain" and you're set.

While that in and of itself probably isn't a good thing, the fact that everyone knows that's basically how it works has caused the general public to realize that it's basically been legal here for years, and everything's fine. No huge uptick in teen usage (which has actually declined a bit), no major issue with traffic accidents (DUIs have declined a bit), no major issues with domestic violence, etc. Essentially, a lot of people have realized that the world isn't going to end if it is legalized.

The only major concerns that I have are:

1. What will the feds' response be? They have mostly looked the other way for medical MMJ, but recreational could very well create an all-out battle.

2. What will the impact be on the tourism industry? It could very well go either way. Some people might stay away because of legal pot, but others may come here just for that. My guess is that it's a net neutral impact, but tough to say.

3. How will this impact other neighboring states? Will people start coming to Colorado to buy it, then smuggle it out to other areas of the country? That's not a good thing, though you could probably argue that it's better to be benefiting legal businesses SOMEWHERE than the black market.

Anyway, I'm hopeful that it passes and very curious to watch the battle unfold. Frankly, I think A64 in Colorado is a more exciting race than the POTUS race this year. At least one of the two options is appealing.

DaFace
11-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Side question: is there enough interest in the marijuana legalization stuff around here for that to be its own thread? It's a big topic of interest for me, but I don't know what's been beaten to death in here and don't want to bother if I'm the only one who cares.

Mr. Kotter
11-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Side question: is there enough interest in the marijuana legalization stuff around here for that to be its own thread? It's a big topic of interest for me, but I don't know what's been beaten to death in here and don't want to bother if I'm the only one who cares.

I'm sure it could be re-hashed again....heh. :evil:

dirk digler
11-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah, the MMJ industry here has clearly paved the way for this amendment to pass. It really is essentially legalized here already. All you have to do is know the right places to go and complain about your "chronic pain" and you're set.

While that in and of itself probably isn't a good thing, the fact that everyone knows that's basically how it works has caused the general public to realize that it's basically been legal here for years, and everything's fine. No huge uptick in teen usage (which has actually declined a bit), no major issue with traffic accidents (DUIs have declined a bit), no major issues with domestic violence, etc. Essentially, a lot of people have realized that the world isn't going to end if it is legalized.

1. What will the feds' response be? They have mostly looked the other way for medical MMJ, but recreational could very well create an all-out battle.

2. What will the impact be on the tourism industry? It could very well go either way. Some people might stay away because of legal pot, but others may come here just for that. My guess is that it's a net neutral impact, but tough to say.

3. How will this impact other neighboring states? Will people start coming to Colorado to buy it, then smuggle it out to other areas of the country? That's not a good thing, though you could probably argue that it's better to be benefiting legal businesses SOMEWHERE than the black market.

Anyway, I'm hopeful that it passes and very curious to watch the battle unfold. Frankly, I think A64 in Colorado is a more exciting race than the POTUS race this year. At least one of the two options is appealing.

You guys are lucky out there I wish MO was smart enough to do this. To answer your questions it is hard to tell what Obama will do with this issue in his 2nd term. He looked the other way for awhile but they have been going after people\business in the last year or so. If he wouldn't have done that Colorado would have been decided long ago. If Romney by some miracle wins you can count him going after that law and trying to stop it.

I think you are right in regards to 2 and 3

-King-
11-05-2012, 04:07 PM

Yeah. Those threads are always interesting.

alnorth
11-05-2012, 04:18 PM

It'll die with a whimper if the measure fails, but if it passes, I bet it blows up, so sure, why not?

Donger
11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
The pot thing is interesting. I read recently that there are more pot shops in Denver than Starbucks and liquor stores.

LiveSteam
11-05-2012, 04:26 PM
The pot thing is interesting. I read recently that there are more pot shops in Denver than Starbucks and liquor stores.

:clap:

DaFace
11-05-2012, 05:04 PM
OK, I'm gonna split this out into a new thread.

Richard_Cuckold
11-05-2012, 05:07 PM
that shit should of been legalized decades ago!

Donger
11-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Hey, stoner, while you're at it, would you please remove the "test" infraction that Fire Me Boy! gave me, please?

DaFace
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Hey, stoner, while you're at it, would you please remove the "test" infraction that Fire Me Boy! gave me, please?

It's not like those matter, but I'll get rid of it just for you.

Donger
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
It's not like those matter, but I'll get rid of it just for you.

I know. It's just annoying. Thank you.

DaFace
11-05-2012, 05:11 PM

Yeah, I've heard that as well. I have trouble making much sense of it, though, as some pot shops are probably not much more than someone selling out of their livingroom. But who knows?

LiveSteam
11-05-2012, 05:17 PM
I would love to be able to just walk into a store & buy my pot.
the only worry I have is. Will it get taxed so heavy that it is still a better option to buy off the street? Its not cheap now if you want good pot. I wont smoke cheap shitty Mexican grass. Its Hydroponic or nothing for me. I dnt drink or do any other drugs

patteeu
11-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Well, lookie here, someone actually got the marijuana thread up in time for the election. Quite industrious of you. I assume you must have wifi that reaches your couch.

patteeu
11-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Pro pot legalization here. I hope these initiatives succeed.

htismaqe
11-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Pro pot legalization here. I hope these initiatives succeed.

It needs to happen in more states.

As it is, the Feds have too much leeway because there's not enough states fighting them on it.

Bump
11-05-2012, 05:30 PM
the only worry I have is. Will it get taxed so heavy that it is still a better option to buy off the street? Its not cheap now if you want good pot. I wont smoke cheap shitty Mexican grass. Its Hydroponic or nothing for me. I dnt drink or do any other drugs

no it won't. It'll be much cheaper

Bump
11-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm sure Big Pharma, corporate prisons and police unions are probably shelling out millions trying to stop it.

It's about human rights, weed isn't bad and it actually helps people. It would certainly boost the economy too.

LiveSteam
11-05-2012, 05:34 PM
no it won't. It'll be much cheaper

That would be awesome. Im paying a 100 bucks for a dime of Northern lights.
Its great smoke. but expensive

Bump
11-05-2012, 05:37 PM
That would be awesome. Im paying a 100 bucks for a dime of Northern lights.
Its great smoke. but expensive

JFC where you live?

My buddy in Cali tells me he pays less than half of black market prices. It's 60 for an 1/8 here in Boston. I think he said it's like $200 per ounce or some crazy shit like that plus he grows his own too. Must be nice...

theelusiveeightrop
11-05-2012, 05:38 PM
What do the Feds say about legalization? Call me when they make a move.

LiveSteam
11-05-2012, 05:39 PM
JFC where you live?

My buddy in Cali tells me he pays less than half of black market prices. It's 60 for an 1/8 here in Boston. I think he said it's like $200 per ounce or some crazy shit like that plus he grows his own too. Must be nice...

350 an ounce in Omaha. It gets trucked in from Seattle. Thats a long ways away,plus someone has to take the risk of transporting it which drives the coast up

Bump
11-05-2012, 05:41 PM

they keep raiding businesses operating by the laws of their state, but they always make it back it seems. The main reason why I hate Obama.

DaFace
11-05-2012, 05:42 PM

So far, the answer is "not much." That's part of what makes this whole thing so intriguing. I honestly don't care that much about which of Colorado or Washington (or technically Oregon) passes one of these, but I hope one of them does at least. The Feds just keep ignoring the issue, and having it pass outright in one state would, at a minimum, force them to acknowledge that there are a ton of people out there these days that think it's time for prohibition to end.

The debate itself would be healthy even if the individual laws end up being largely symbolic.

DaFace
11-05-2012, 05:44 PM

I have no idea on that one. My personal take would be that I'd rather people pay a little extra to get it legally if that's what it takes, but who knows - legalization would likely increase competition which would then potentially drive down costs as well.

LiveSteam
11-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Would it be a big blow to the drug cartel's in South America ?

DaFace
11-05-2012, 05:46 PM

You'd think, though I have no idea what percentage of their profits come from weed vs. harder drugs. It could be a drop in the bucket for all I know.

Saul Good
11-05-2012, 05:46 PM

No, Mexico.

Bump
11-05-2012, 05:47 PM
every 42 seconds someone is arrested for pot possession. Thats a LOT of money.

patteeu
11-05-2012, 05:48 PM

I could be wrong, but I don't think a lot of pot comes from South America. It might have an impact on the drug gangs of Mexico though.

Saul Good
11-05-2012, 05:48 PM
every 42 seconds someone is arrested for pot possession. Thats a LOT of money.

It costs more to arrest and jail them than the fines bring in.

Chocolate Hog
11-05-2012, 05:49 PM
I read an article this is actually hurting Obama in Colorado. Many of the pro-pot people are voting for Johnson instead.

LiveSteam
11-05-2012, 05:50 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think a lot of pot comes from South America. It might have an impact on the drug gangs of Mexico though.
I think you guys are right. most pot comes from Mexico & cocaine comes from South America

DaFace
11-05-2012, 05:50 PM
I read an article this is actually hurting Obama in Colorado. Many of the pro-pot people are voting for Johnson instead.

Guilty.

alnorth
11-05-2012, 05:52 PM
I think Mr. Jillette has a few words for this thread. (NSFW (http://youtu.be/wWWOJGYZYpk))

Chocolate Hog
11-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Guilty.

Good for you. I'll be voting for Johnson as well.

So what's the story with Colorado? It's legally medically? Have the feds been raiding dispensaries out there? I read they were doing so in California.

KChiefer
11-05-2012, 05:57 PM
No, Mexico.

and Canada. Beasters FTL.

LiveSteam
11-05-2012, 05:59 PM
I think Mr. Jillette has a few words for this thread. (NSFW (http://youtu.be/wWWOJGYZYpk))

Nice

Saul Good
11-05-2012, 06:09 PM
and Canada. Beasters FTL.

Yeah, Canada has some powerful drug cartels.

DaFace
11-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Good for you. I'll be voting for Johnson as well.

So what's the story with Colorado? It's legally medically? Have the feds been raiding dispensaries out there? I read they were doing so in California.

Colorado probably has the most sophisticated system of dispensaries in the country at this point. It's HIGHLY regulated and is making the state a shit ton of money already. There have been a handful of raids I believe, but not typically against places that are clearly in compliance with state law. At least I don't think so.

I'm not sure if it's available online, but the 60 Minutes piece mentioned earlier was extremely interesting. It gives you a real feel for what it's like here.

DaFace
11-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Here ya go:

<embed src="http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf" scale="noscale" salign="lt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#333333" width="425" height="279" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="si=254&&contentValue=50133577&shareUrl=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50133577n" />

KChiefer
11-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Yeah, Canada has some powerful drug cartels.

If that's sarcasm, just because they're not violent doesn't mean they're not powerful.

Brock
11-05-2012, 06:58 PM
be going to co once a month!

Bump
11-05-2012, 06:59 PM
It costs more to arrest and jail them than the fines bring in.

ya, yet certain people still get super rich from it.

nstygma
11-05-2012, 07:20 PM
I think Mr. Jillette has a few words for this thread. (NSFW (http://youtu.be/wWWOJGYZYpk)):clap::clap:

Dayze
11-05-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm sure it could be re-hashed again....heh. :evil:

I see what you did there

Brock
11-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Hope you don't have to be a resident to benefit from this.

Brock
11-05-2012, 07:25 PM
BTW, it's Oregon and Washington too.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/dispatches/2012/11/05/marijuana-laws-tourism/1682637/

DaFace
11-05-2012, 07:26 PM

Honestly, I wish the Colorado version was restricted to residents, but it's not. I'm a bit concerned about the pot tourism side of things, but it is what it is. So...if this passes (and the feds don't kill it somehow), you can start planning your next vacation.

Brock
11-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Honestly, I wish the Colorado version was restricted to residents, but it's not. I'm a bit concerned about the pot tourism side of things, but it is what it is. So...if this passes (and the feds don't kill it somehow), you can start planning your next vacation.

Are you worried Colorado's going to run short of Doritos and Moose Tracks ice cream?

DaFace
11-05-2012, 07:28 PM
BTW, it's Oregon and Washington too.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/dispatches/2012/11/05/marijuana-laws-tourism/1682637/

Yeah, it's almost guaranteed to pass in Washington unless the polls are WAY off. Colorado, it's likely, but close.

I'm not entirely sure why Colorado is getting so much more attention, honestly. Maybe because we've got a system already in place that makes it pretty easy to ramp this up quickly? :shrug:

Brock
11-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah, it's almost guaranteed to pass in Washington unless the polls are WAY off. Colorado, it's likely, but close.

I'm not entirely sure why Colorado is getting so much more attention, honestly. Maybe because we've got a system already in place that makes it pretty easy to ramp this up quickly? :shrug:

I'm giddy over this. I'll be driving over the day this takes effect.

Saul Good
11-05-2012, 07:30 PM

It's not like you can bring it back to Kansas. Get caught transporting it across state lines, and you're still fucked.

Saul Good
11-05-2012, 07:31 PM

Maybe it seems that way because you live in Colorado?

Brock
11-05-2012, 07:32 PM
It's not like you can bring it back to Kansas. Get caught transporting it across state lines, and you're still fucked.

Meh. Not something I'd worry about.

DaFace
11-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Maybe it seems that way because you live in Colorado?

It could be, but most of the national news I've seen (like 60 Minutes) have focused on Colorado with the other states as an afterthought. But it's possible I've just paid more attention to those that do involve Colorado.

DaFace
11-05-2012, 07:35 PM

Probably depends on whether or not Kansas decides to focus on it and starts stopping people at the border or something.

Brock
11-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Probably depends on whether or not Kansas decides to focus on it and starts stopping people at the border or something.

Kansas already has the two biggest drug trafficking corridors passing through it. They never catch anybody.

Saul Good

I would. Why bother driving clear to Colorado to buy it legally if you're just going to illegally transport it across state line?

JASONSAUTO
Didn't some Hanson looking fuckers have a reality show where they ran a dispensary?
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
11-05-2012, 07:39 PM
I would. Why bother driving clear to Colorado to buy it legally if you're just going to illegally transport it across state line?

Availability, selection, quality, price.

Saul Good
11-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Availability, selection, quality, price.

Isn't everything but price available now?

Brock
11-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Isn't everything but price available now?

No. You get what you get and you pay top dollar for it.

Saul Good
11-05-2012, 07:43 PM
No.

Oh. I figured it was. Don't know all that much about it, I guess. I'd be all for it if it were legal, though.

Dave Lane
11-05-2012, 07:43 PM
If the Republicans get it in I fully expect them to act to end these state medical laws let alone full legalization. Big Pharma has been a rep mainstay for years, probably their largest contributor.

patteeu
11-05-2012, 07:48 PM

Earlier you said you weren't sure what to think about the tourism effects. Now that Brock says he's coming to town, you're suddenly "a bit concerned". Interesting. ;)

Saul Good
11-05-2012, 07:49 PM
If the Republicans get it in I fully expect them to act to end these state medical laws let alone full legalization. Big Pharma has been a rep mainstay for years, probably their largest contributor.

Obama has received more contributions from pharm. than Romney this election cycle. ($1.7 million to $1.5 million)

Brock
11-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Earlier you said you weren't sure what to think about the tourism effects. Now that Brock says he's coming to town, you're suddenly "a bit concerned". Interesting. ;)

2 months ago, I was stagging down 17th street after the Aerosmith concert, so he may have a point.

ClevelandBronco
11-05-2012, 07:50 PM
I voted "no." I would like to see marijuana legalized, but I have two objections:

1. It doesn't belong in the Colorado Constitution;

2. I don't want the first $40 million in revenue to go to the schools.

I suspect it will pass.

patteeu
11-05-2012, 07:51 PM

I don't know why Republicans would want to take on this fight, but I'm not saying you're wrong.

Brock
11-05-2012, 07:51 PM

don't be so sure Obama is any kind of pal to marijuana. He's been busting california dispensaries as much as Bush ever did.

DaFace
11-05-2012, 07:52 PM

I don't think that's inconsistent. :p

I'm concerned about it, but acknowledge that it might turn out to be a good thing.

DaFace
11-05-2012, 07:53 PM
I voted "no." I would like to see marijuana legalized, but I have two objections:

1. It doesn't belong in the Colorado Constitution;

2. I don't want the first $40 million in revenue to go to the schools.

I suspect it will pass.

I definitely agree with that one #1. I don't mind the schools earmark in terms of what it does, but I do agree that it's a weird mandate.

Superbowltrashcan
11-05-2012, 08:23 PM
don't be so sure Obama is any kind of pal to marijuana. He's been busting california dispensaries as much as Bush ever did.

Wait until the second term gets goin'..... We may be thinking he was born in Ocho Rios....

Chocolate Hog
11-05-2012, 08:42 PM

It's illegal to transport alcohol across state lines too.

Saul Good
11-06-2012, 09:19 AM
It's illegal to transport alcohol across state lines too.

Incorrect

htismaqe
11-06-2012, 09:29 AM

He's actually hitting them worse - using the IRS instead of the DEA.

Bump
11-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Voting no for this, to me, means you hate human rights. I just don't get it, it's 2012 and we know that weed helps people and is definitely not bad for you. It's sickening to see huge corporations paying off the government to keep it illegal. It's fascism at it's best.

It's time for this prohibition to end, it's just sad. So many people could be helped by MJ, it's not even funny.

patteeu
11-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Voting no for this, to me, means you hate human rights. I just don't get it, it's 2012 and we know that weed helps people and is definitely not bad for you. It's sickening to see huge corporations paying off the government to keep it illegal. It's fascism at it's best.

It's time for this prohibition to end, it's just sad. So many people could be helped by MJ, it's not even funny.

Medical MJ is already legal in CO.

Donger
11-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Voting no for this, to me, means you hate human rights.

Oh good Lord...

Detoxing
11-06-2012, 10:55 AM
I hope this passes. Im sure it would be duplicated in California as well.

As far as it hurting Mexican Grass sales.....Hrmmmm...

Here's a small observation i've made (it could possibly mean absolutely nothing):

I started smoking pot when i was 19/20. At the time, all me and my friends could ever get our hands on was Mexican dirt. Nasty, hard as a rock super condensed stuff that was obviously smuggled across the border.

7 years later, i never see Mexican Grass anywhere. None of my friends smoke it, and no one that i know of sells it. Within just a few years we went from having only mexican dirt to having nothing but locally grown, fresh bud.

Is this because of the relaxed MJ laws out here in CA and the introduction to so many new dispensaries? is it affecting Mexico Pot in any way?

Brock
11-06-2012, 10:57 AM
7 years later, i never see Mexican Grass anywhere. None of my friends smoke it, and no one that i know of sells it. Within just a few years we went from having only mexican dirt to having nothing but locally grown, fresh bud.

Is this because of the relaxed MJ laws out here in CA and the introduction to so many new dispensaries? is it affecting Mexico Pot in any way?

It has to be impacting mexico. Nobody who has a choice wants their crappy brickweed.

philfree
11-06-2012, 10:58 AM
I hope this passes. Im sure it would be duplicated in California as well.

As far as it hurting Mexican Grass sales.....Hrmmmm...

Here's a small observation i've made (it could possibly mean absolutely nothing):

I started smoking pot when i was 19/20. At the time, all me and my friends could ever get our hands on was Mexican dirt. Nasty, hard as a rock super condensed stuff that was obviously smuggled across the border.

Probably just more grow houses after so many people started watching 'Weeds'.

Bump
11-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Oh good Lord...

seriously.

Donger
11-06-2012, 11:10 AM
seriously.

Yes, not wanting legalize another drug in a violation of your human rights. Do you realize how silly that sounds?

htismaqe
11-06-2012, 11:24 AM
It has to be impacting mexico. Nobody who has a choice wants their crappy brickweed.

ROFL

:clap:

ClevelandBronco
11-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Yes, not wanting legalize another drug in a violation of your human rights. Do you realize how silly that sounds?

If he's just a user, he's probably just being a bit overly dramatic. If he's an abuser, then he's very likely incapable of realizing much of anything.

Bump
11-06-2012, 11:38 AM
If he's just a user, he's probably just being a bit overly dramatic. If he's an abuser, then he's very likely incapable of realizing much of anything.

so much ignorance.

King_Chief_Fan
11-06-2012, 11:46 AM

ROFL wow

KILLER_CLOWN
11-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Weed is a staple crop, but not of this country. Long Hail the Drug Lords!!!!!!!!!

ClevelandBronco
11-06-2012, 12:00 PM
so much ignorance.

You're not ignorant, just altered and you mistake the thoughts the drugs cause for normal, rational thought.

htismaqe
11-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Weed is a staple crop, but not of this country. Long Hail the Drug Lords!!!!!!!!!

That's not 100% accurate.

Hemp is a staple crop. Medicinal (or recreational) marijuana is just the "fruit" if you will. The rest of the plant is imminently useable.

I'm still pissed we're not using hemp for more biofuel. It's easier to grow than soybearns, yields more useable product per acre than corn, and produces more oxygen than the equivalent square footage of trees.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-06-2012, 12:06 PM
That's not 100% accurate.

Hemp is a staple crop. Medicinal (or recreational) marijuana is just the "fruit" if you will. The rest of the plant is imminently useable.

I'm still pissed we're not using hemp for more biofuel. It's easier to grow than soybearns, yields more useable product per acre than corn, and produces more oxygen than the equivalent square footage of trees.

Oh I know, our forefathers grew it and used it for food, clothing, etc but it is what it is. By not growing it here, it goes underground and becomes blood money.

htismaqe
11-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Oh I know, our forefathers grew it and used it for food, clothing, etc but it is what it is. By not growing it here, it goes underground and becomes blood money.

Well, the paper industry in this country had a vested interest in making sure the trees they owned continued to be used for paper.

vailpass
11-06-2012, 12:17 PM
They "legalized" pot here in AZ almost 2 years ago. There has yet to be a single dispensary set up. Until the Fed gets behind it it can't be truly legal.

vailpass
11-06-2012, 12:20 PM

LMAO

A Salt Weapon
11-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Might as well move up here, while it's not technically legal as long as it's in your own house or property you can grow/smoke whatever you want.(Something about our state constitution and the right of freedom on your property)
Outside of your property however, you'll get in trouble.

That said while I no longer use marijuana, I have no problem with it being deregulated, I am against building all the gov't to regulate it though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chocolate Hog
11-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Incorrect

Well at one point it was not sure when they changed that law but regardless it stopped nobody.

Bump
11-06-2012, 12:23 PM

it's not silly at all. It's not a drug, it's a plant that helps people and can be made cheaply. Greed and corruption is the only reason why it's still illegal. It's never hurt anybody, ever. So yes, it's about human rights.

Bump
11-06-2012, 12:24 PM
You're not ignorant, just altered and you mistake the thoughts the drugs cause for normal, rational thought.

it's ok. I would never, ever expect a god fearing man to think outside of his box or have any consideration at all for anyone else. Rational thought, lol. Look in the mirror buddy.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-06-2012, 12:28 PM
it's ok. I would never, ever expect a god fearing man to think outside of his box or have any consideration at all for anyone else. Rational thought, lol. Look in the mirror buddy.

What about me? I don't care if you use and and think it should be legal no matter how many brain cells it kills. We have many other hazards that destroy brain cells so i do not see a problem with legalization. I love Jesus as well and I've never been a user of the heathen devil weed.

vailpass
11-06-2012, 12:28 PM

Your choices make it so most people won't take you seriously.

Donger
11-06-2012, 12:34 PM
it's not silly at all. It's not a drug, it's a plant that helps people and can be made cheaply. Greed and corruption is the only reason why it's still illegal. It's never hurt anybody, ever. So yes, it's about human rights.

:spock:

I presume that you're being intentional facetious at this point.

Bump
11-06-2012, 12:34 PM
What about me? I don't care if you use and and think it should be legal no matter how many brain cells it kills. We have many other hazards that destroy brain cells so i do not see a problem with legalization. I love Jesus as well and I've never been a user of the heathen devil weed.

it doesn't kill brain cells, that's a myth (or anti-weed propaganda) that's been debunked a long time ago. "heathen devil weed?" I almost think you could be serious.

Bump
11-06-2012, 12:35 PM
can't argue with closed/controlled minds.

conversation. over.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-06-2012, 12:36 PM
it doesn't kill brain cells, that's a myth (or anti-weed propaganda) that's been debunked a long time ago. "heathen devil weed?" I almost think you could be serious.

I am serious, go ahead and legalize it. I would like to use hemp for the other purposes not to mention the fact it would be a lot cheaper than it is now being imported in food.

ClevelandBronco
11-06-2012, 12:39 PM

I support legalization. Unlike you, I didn't use chemical enhancement to make my decision.

Graystoke
11-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I was blown away when I was in Denver last year for the Chiefs game. All kinds of Dispensery's (sp?).
Especially all the people waving signs like "Little Ceasers" does on the corner.
It will be interesting to watch what happens. Lot of big money and interest on the line.
How about Insurance Company's? And driving under the influence of MJ? How would this be handled if legalized?

DaFace
11-06-2012, 12:44 PM
I was blown away when I was in Denver last year for the Chiefs game. All kinds of Dispensery's (sp?).
Especially all the people waving signs like "Little Ceasers" does on the corner.
It will be interesting to watch what happens. Lot of big money and interest on the line.
How about Insurance Company's? And driving under the influence of MJ? How would this be handled if legalized?

As far as I know, there's nothing in the Colorado initiative that would address driving under the influence, though there is in the Washington version. I'd be surprised if the Colorado government didn't pass something before this takes effect, though. It's a tough one to define is the only issue.

Saul Good
11-06-2012, 12:52 PM
As far as I know, there's nothing in the Colorado initiative that would address driving under the influence, though there is in the Washington version. I'd be surprised if the Colorado government didn't pass something before this takes effect, though. It's a tough one to define is the only issue.
Why would it be handled differently than it is now?

ClevelandBronco
11-06-2012, 12:54 PM

"Shall there be an amendment to the Colorado constitution concerning marijuana, and, in connection therewith, providing for the regulation of marijuana; permitting a person twenty-one years of age or older to consume or possess limited amounts of marijuana; providing for the licensing of cultivation facilities, product manufacturing facilities, testing facilities, and retail stores; permitting local governments to regulate or prohibit such facilities; requiring the general assembly to enact an excise tax to be levied upon wholesale sales of marijuana; requiring that the first $40 million in revenue raised annually by such tax be credited to the public school capital construction assistance fund; and requiring the general assembly to enact legislation governing the cultivation, processing, and sale of industrial hemp?"

I see nothing in there that specifically addresses penalties for driving under the influence. It's pretty clear, though, that this amendment creates a constitutional right to be high on THC.

J Diddy
11-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Why would it be handled differently than it is now?

Exactly. I would think that the dui laws in the state were broad enough to cover all mind altering substances as they do now.

-King-
11-06-2012, 02:50 PM
:spock:

I presume that you're being intentional facetious at this point.

Is he wrong?

-King-
11-06-2012, 02:53 PM
I think the DUI law already covers that, unless they somehow want to implement a minimum level of high you have to be before you get the DUI.

DaFace
11-06-2012, 03:14 PM
I think the DUI law already covers that, unless they somehow want to implement a minimum level of high you have to be before you get the DUI.

They've talked about having some sort of blood test for it. I couldn't tell you how they test for it now.

ClevelandBronco
11-06-2012, 03:40 PM
They've talked about having some sort of blood test for it. I couldn't tell you how they test for it now.

I can tell you how Greenwood Village handled it in one case in June of this year.

The driver of a car was pulled over for crossing the center line on a curve. While talking with the driver, the policeman began to suspect that the driver was somehow impaired. He conducted roadside sobriety tests which seemed to confirm his suspicions. He did not suspect that the driver had been drinking. (He hadn't been.) However, he did suspect that the driver had been using marijuana. (He had been.) He detained the driver and got permission to search the car, wherein he found marijuana paraphernalia and a small amount of residue.

Greenwood Village does not have an effective way to prosecute DUI based on test results for marijuana alone, therefore they rely on the testimony of specially trained paramedical professionals who conduct specialized roadside tests and who testify in court what they observed when they were conducting those tests.

Because of a particularly bad accident that had occurred at approximately the same time in that jurisdiction, none of their specially trained paramedics were available.

The driver was allowed to make a phone call to someone who would pick him up. He was charged with possession of marijuana, but he was not charged with DUI.

I am no expert, but if a city with the vast resources of Greenwood Village uses the method I just described on a regular basis in cases in which they suspect marijuana impaired driving, I suspect that the chemical testing methods at their disposal currently are ineffective in court. That would trouble me.

teedubya
11-06-2012, 04:03 PM
So, I may be moving to Colorado soon, I guess... heh.

DaFace
11-06-2012, 04:11 PM
I can tell you how Greenwood Village handled it in one case in June of this year.

The driver of a car was pulled over for crossing the center line on a curve. While talking with the driver, the policeman began to suspect that the driver was somehow impaired. He conducted roadside sobriety tests which seemed to confirm his suspicions. He did not suspect that the driver had been drinking. (He hadn't been.) However, he did suspect that the driver had been using marijuana. (He had been.) He detained the driver and got permission to search the car, wherein he found marijuana paraphernalia and a small amount of residue.

Greenwood Village does not have an effective way to prosecute DUI based on test results for marijuana alone, therefore they rely on the testimony of specially trained paramedical professionals who conduct specialized roadside tests and who testify in court what they observed when they were conducting those tests.

Because of a particularly bad accident that had occurred at approximately the same time in that jurisdiction, none of their specially trained paramedics were available.

The driver was allowed to make a phone call to someone who would pick him up. He was charged with possession of marijuana, but he was not charged with DUI.

I am no expert, but if a city with the vast resources of Greenwood Village uses the method I just described on a regular basis in cases in which they suspect marijuana impaired driving, I suspect that the chemical testing methods at their disposal currently are ineffective in court. That would trouble me.

Yeah, I know there's not a good law for it right now. I know the state legislature debated a law that would add a maximum level in terms of nanograms of THC or something like that, but there are a lot of criticisms of that method's accuracy.

Though I don't think driving while high is as bad as driving drunk, I'd prefer not letting people drive impaired no matter the substance.

-King-
11-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Losing so far 53% to 47%. 1% of votes in.

Johnny Vegas
11-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Check this out. Cannabinoids, like those found in marijuana, occur naturally in human breast milk.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036526_cannabinoids_breast_milk_THC.html#ixzz2BThuL3ft

ClevelandBronco
11-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Check this out. Cannabinoids, like those found in marijuana, occur naturally in human breast milk.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036526_cannabinoids_breast_milk_THC.html#ixzz2BThuL3ft

And the human body produces opioid-peptides. Legalize heroin.

DaFace
11-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Losing so far 53% to 47%. 1% of votes in.

It's the reverse of that at the moment.

http://data.denverpost.com/election/results/amendment/2012/64-legalize-marijuana/

-King-
11-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Massachusetts legalized medical marijuana.

Johnny Vegas
11-06-2012, 07:58 PM
And the human body produces opioid-peptides. Legalize heroin.

Opiates are legal. Morphine is poppy based.

ClevelandBronco
11-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Opiates are legal. Morphine is poppy based.

Some opiates are legal. Legalize heroin.

Brock
11-06-2012, 08:04 PM

1. The fed response may be to try to fight it in the courts, if at all.

2. I don't live in colorado, but I go there a lot. Weed is already everywhere, on every ski slope, on every trailhead, in every little boutique mountain town. Tourism isn't going to be affected by this, certainly not negatively.

3. Hell yes, people are going to come to colorado to buy. It is a good thing for colorado, it's MONEY.

htismaqe
11-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Some opiates are legal. Legalize heroin.

Heroin is a processed compound produced from the poppy. It is a pharmaceutical drug.

Marijuana is a plant. It requires ZERO processing. It is absolutely no different than the tomatoes or strawberries I grow in my garden.

Get that bullshit outta here.

Bump
11-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Massachusetts legalized medical marijuana.

The proposed law would eliminate state criminal and civil penalties for the medical use of marijuana by qualifying patients. To qualify, a patient must have been diagnosed with a debilitating medical condition, such as cancer, glaucoma, HIV-positive status or AIDS, hepatitis C, Crohnís disease, Parkinsonís disease, ALS, or multiple sclerosis.

I guess it's a start. Still doesn't make sense why people can't have this when they are allowed to drink alcohol.

DaFace
11-06-2012, 08:21 PM
For Colorado

19% reporting ( 560 precincts )
Yes
53.5%
(452,490)
No
46.4%
(392,737)

Bump
11-06-2012, 08:22 PM
at least the people who really need it here can get it easier and better stuff. But damnit, I want it to be like Cali damnit!

htismaqe
11-06-2012, 08:25 PM
at least the people who really need it here can get it easier and better stuff. But damnit, I want it to be like Cali damnit!

No you don't. The California MMJ industry is facing serious, serious issues primarily because of ridiculous local taxation policies and pressure from the Federal government.

ClevelandBronco
11-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Heroin is a processed compound produced from the poppy. It is a pharmaceutical drug.

Marijuana is a plant. It requires ZERO processing. It is absolutely no different than the tomatoes or strawberries I grow in my garden.

Get that bullshit outta here.

It's your life. It's your head. I don't give a shit what you put in it.

Bump
11-06-2012, 08:38 PM
No you don't. The California MMJ industry is facing serious, serious issues primarily because of ridiculous local taxation policies and pressure from the Federal government.

I just wanna be a customer, I'm not trying to open up a shop lol

htismaqe
11-06-2012, 08:43 PM
I just wanna be a customer, I'm not trying to open up a shop lol

As a customer, you would likely end up with additional scrutiny from the IRS.

Great Expectations
11-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Obama has received more contributions from pharm. than Romney this election cycle. ($1.7 million to $1.5 million)

Which is why Obama has been harder on pot than W was. Inbev is also a huge lobbyist pushing an anti mj Platform.

DaFace
11-06-2012, 09:02 PM
9News just called it. A64 in Colorado passes.

:eek:

Priest31kc
11-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Moving to Colorado tomorrow. Bye Missouri!

Bump
11-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Moving to Colorado tomorrow. Bye Missouri!

me too. BYE BOSTON! I HATE YOU

Brock
11-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Which is why Obama has been harder on pot than W was. Inbev is also a huge lobbyist pushing an anti mj Platform.

Time magazine article says tobacco companies are quietly buying up warehouse space in Denver.

KC native
11-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Avoided this thread, but hopefully some really good lawyers will try to argue the federal prohibition on weed inhibits the interstate commerce between the medical/recreational states.

nstygma
11-06-2012, 09:28 PM
me too. BYE BOSTON! I HATE YOU
didn't mass pass their MJ measure?

KC native
11-06-2012, 09:30 PM

Bump's a dipshit. Ignore him.

DaFace
11-06-2012, 09:30 PM
I-502 is up so far in Washington 56/44
M80 is down so far in Oregon 53/47

htismaqe
11-06-2012, 09:47 PM

InBev? As in the owners of Heineken and Budweiser?

Probably don't want any competition. ROFL

htismaqe
11-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Avoided this thread, but hopefully some really good lawyers will try to argue the federal prohibition on weed inhibits the interstate commerce between the medical/recreational states.

It is already in the works from what I've read.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-06-2012, 09:50 PM
I've got some ties, and I'm hearing WA has officially passed I-502 or whatever the fuck officially legalizing recreational use of marijuana. Might be time to move home...

chiefsfan987
11-06-2012, 09:51 PM
I-502 is up so far in Washington 56/44
M80 is down so far in Oregon 53/47

AP has called it in Washington that 502 passes. Looks like same sex marriage is going to pass too.

ClevelandBronco
11-06-2012, 09:53 PM
...Looks like same sex marriage is going to pass too.

Now that's the way to get that done. Not through the courts.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-06-2012, 09:54 PM
What a great fucking night!

Mr. Flopnuts
11-06-2012, 09:58 PM
I was gonna cast a vote, but then I got high!

nstygma
11-06-2012, 10:02 PM
9News just called it. A64 in Colorado passes.

:eek:
who would've thought CO would be the state to push the hardest against the feds? i have to say, i'm proud of Colorado. I hope this leads to some type of showdown in federal courts.

alnorth
11-06-2012, 10:05 PM
The recreational use of marijuana has been legalized in Colorado.

Get out the popcorn, this is gonna be fun to watch over the next couple years. Your move, Obama.

ReynardMuldrake
11-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Your move, feds.

Chocolate Hog
11-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Time to take up smoking!

Shogun
11-06-2012, 10:20 PM
celebrating right now

-King-
11-06-2012, 10:25 PM
How long till we see something like this in Missouri?

dmahurin
11-06-2012, 10:27 PM

We're in the Bible Belt. It'll take till the Federal laws change, unfortunately.

Ultra Peanut
11-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Medical weed passed tonight here in Massachusetts, so add that to the decriminalization and I'm pretty darn proud of the Commonwealth~~

Watching this play out in WA and CO is going to be unbelievably fascinating. Hope we can emulate those noble states in 2014, since I wouldn't expect the opposition to be much more credible or competent than the ramshackle anti-MMJ crew.

celebrating right now

http://i.imgur.com/FdL38.gif

I just taught a weed newbie how to smoke, and with my mentorship she took a giant hit. It was AWESOME.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-06-2012, 10:29 PM

Bout 2 decades. Move somewhere where it's legal. You'll make more money and have a higher quality of life anyways.

Ace Gunner
11-06-2012, 10:31 PM
I've got some ties, and I'm hearing WA has officially passed I-502 or whatever the **** officially legalizing recreational use of marijuana. Might be time to move home...

WA is a nice place to call home. Either way.

Taco John
11-06-2012, 10:33 PM
I didn't think 502 would pass. I voted for it. My wife against. I joked with her tonight that I was going to light up a joint to celebrate. That opened a can of worms. LOL!

kcpasco
11-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Its passing here in Washington State also

htismaqe
11-06-2012, 10:37 PM
The showdown is gonna be epic.

-King-
11-06-2012, 10:38 PM
We're in the Bible Belt. It'll take till the Federal laws change, unfortunately.

Bout 2 decades. Move somewhere where it's legal. You'll make more money and have a higher quality of life anyways.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/181077_o.gif

lostcause
11-06-2012, 10:38 PM
:usa:

-King-
11-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Arkansas voted no on medical marijuana.

NewChief
11-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Arkansas voted no on medical marijuana.

It was a challenge and accomplishment just to get it on the ballot here.

Bump
11-06-2012, 10:48 PM

I just don't like it here and plan on moving anyways, lol. Colorado just moved to my #1 choice of destination.

Bump
11-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Bump's a dipshit. Ignore him.

dumbass

Johnny Vegas
11-06-2012, 10:49 PM
I think I know where the Cannabis Cup will be held now.

teedubya
11-06-2012, 10:50 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7E1TT2CIAEQq0O.jpg

ClevelandBronco
11-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Peachy. Our state was intelligent enough to legalize weed and now all the idiots are going to move here.

Detoxing
11-06-2012, 10:53 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7E1TT2CIAEQq0O.jpg

ROFL

Detoxing
11-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Colorado, Washington....Mashintwotitts, ima go spark a bowl in celebration of you what you guys have accomplished today.

Bump
11-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Peachy. Our state was intelligent enough to legalize weed and now all the idiots are going to move here.

what makes them idiots? Just because they like pot? ROFL