PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 610 Sports Big Show-Pioli is the only talent evaluator

MotherfuckerJones
11-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Listening to it today, Jaycie Pearson said he talks with someone in the know and they told him Pioli's the only real talent evaluator and the rest of his guys are just number crunchers. Thus the Poe pick.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2012, 07:32 PM
neat

Chiefspants
11-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Justin Houston.

One homerun per four years makes it worth waiting another four.

jspchief
11-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Justin Houston.

Houston isn't a homerun. At least not yet.

MotherfuckerJones
11-05-2012, 07:35 PM
It makes sense. Because Pioli's drafts suck balls. He has to control all. So why have guys that actually know what the hell theyre talking about, give him advice on players.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Shockingly inept front office.

No one should have that much power.

aturnis
11-05-2012, 07:38 PM
What numbers exactly do they crunch?

mnchiefsguy
One more reason Pioli needs to go. You need multiple people in the front office evaluating talent, it is more than a one person job. The GM needs to make the final decision, but the GM cannot evaluate every single player. He needs people he can trust to also evaluate talent and give opinions on how that talent can help the team.

chiefzilla1501
Listening to it today, Jaycie Pearson said he talks with someone in the know and they told him Pioli's the only real talent evaluator and the rest of his guys are just number crunchers. Thus the Poe pick.

He doesn't have a college scouting director.

The evidence is mounting up for why this guy is impossible to work for. First year, he doesn't give Haley an OC or a QBs coach. Third year, he hires a lame duck OC. Fourth year, he doesn't hire a DC. First year, he refuses to work with scouts just because they came from Kuharich. Fourth year, he refuses to hire a college scouting director to replace Emery. And in just 4 years, we've had a head coach fired, two coordinators fired, two coordinators who quit after just one year, and a head coach who was "demoted" from play calling duties.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 07:40 PM
See if you can find this audio on one of their podcasts?

I can clip it and put it on youtube.

Munson
11-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Not surprising. Pioli thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

DeezNutz
11-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Not surprising. Pioli thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

But he has new glasses frames...

ChiefsCountry
11-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Well the 2009 draft should have proven that.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Notice how the 2009 and 2012 draft classes are much worse than the 2010 and 2011 classes? Phil Emery.

DeezNutz
11-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Notice how the 2009 and 2012 draft classes are much worse than the 2010 and 2011 classes? Phil Emery.

2010 draft sucks.

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2012, 08:05 PM

Yeah, it's really nice that a small group of us said this very same thing in 2009, but were summarily dismissed.

:shake:

DeezNutz
11-05-2012, 08:08 PM
2010 draft sucks.

No idea why I stopped there; 2011 draft was also largely complete and utter shit.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 08:09 PM
2010 draft sucks.

We agree to disagree on this topic.

Rausch
11-05-2012, 08:10 PM
No idea why I stopped there; 2011 draft was also largely complete and utter shit.

In 4 years how many pro bowl players has he drafted?

'Nuff said...

ChiefsCountry
11-05-2012, 08:10 PM
This fits in here. This was in the Post-Dispatch about Les Snead - the Rams new GM.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/gm-snead-puts-his-stamp-on-rams-operations/article_80b67d12-bfa4-547b-b556-94c52a90f4af.html

As the Rams go through their first season under head coach Jeff Fisher, the new general manager, Les Snead, has one foot in the present and the other in the future.

For nearly three months, the Rams’ scouting department has been scouring the nation, evaluating college talent in preparation for the 2013 draft. And Snead himself gets into the act; he’s not one of those stay-at-home GMs.

“I definitely like to get out,” Snead said. “That’s what I did as director of player personnel (in Atlanta). I can’t get out as much but I design my schedule where usually when we play away, that’s been when I’ve said, I’m gonna work my way to the game.”

So he may visit one college campus on a Wednesday, another on a Thursday, and then catch a college game that Saturday somewhere in the vicinity of where the Rams are playing that Sunday.

The mere fact that Snead watches college games in person differentiates his scouting philosophy from that of predecessor Billy Devaney. Devaney didn’t think watching games in person was cost- or time-efficient, and felt for the most part that he and his scouts could get what they needed from watching film of those games.

But Snead thinks there are benefits to watching games in person. Sometimes you can pick up something from body language, or get a better idea of effort by being at the game. Snead feels it also gives you a better feel for particular game situations.

He used the example of a receiver who may catch six of eight balls thrown his way in a game — a good day’s work — but drops a ball in a crucial situation. The pressure and intensity of the moment may not always come through on game film.

“So you may go, let me research how this guy is in crunch time because you were at the game and you could just feel (the intensity of the moment),” Snead said.

Snead completed the revamping of the Rams’ scouting and personnel department in the spring by hiring Taylor Morton as college scouting director and Ran Carthon as director of pro scouting, and bringing in Rich Snead (no relation) as a senior player personnel analyst.

When he was hired in mid-February, Snead said there wasn’t enough time to install his system for scouting and player evaluation before the 2012 draft and free agency period. So decisions were made based on the Rams’ past methods of gathering information, writing reports and evaluating players.

Once the summer hit, Snead began implementing his system — with some tweaks. Just as coaches beg, borrow and steal from other teams’ playbooks, Snead incorporated aspects of the Rams’ system as well as some things from the way Tennessee operated its personnel department during the years Fisher was with the Titans.

“I always want to evolve,” Snead said. “The process of the way we collect data, use that data to analyze and evaluate _ that process is very similar to what we did in Atlanta.”

Snead is big on establishing a “not-to-do” list.

“What are some things that we shouldn’t do?” Snead said. “Not necessarily wasting time, but taking time and energy away from what we think are the most important things. So in the way we store data, we pruned some things and simplified. My goal is I want these guys to always be going to one more game, one more (college) practice, watching one more game film because to me that’s the heart and soul of evaluating.”

Just as offensive and defensive playbooks have terminology that changes from team to team, Snead had to establish the terminology he wanted used in St. Louis.

“Our grading scale, per se, that’s more where I blended,” he said. “Here’s our Atlanta-based foundation. A little bit from the Rams, a little bit from Tennessee. So when everybody’s in the room, they’ve got a good feel for it.”

There are a lot of terms and adjectives used in scouting to describe what a player is or isn’t. So in implementing his system during summer meetings, Snead tried to define as precisely as possible what everything means in an evaluation system that is number-based but also has some color coding.

“So that my ‘good’ is your ‘good,’ ” Snead said. “My ‘very good’ is your ‘very good.’ The big thing is you want consistency. So if you’re using a number (grade), everybody knows what ‘seven’ means. You can’t talk about play speed in that meeting room and just say a player has play speed. I want to know: Does he have seven play speed? Six play speed? Five?

“Any time we talk about a trait that we deem important to that player’s success in the NFL, we’re going to have to apply a grade to it.”

As a rule, Snead doesn’t have many “street” free agents in for workouts or tryouts during the season. For one, since all such visits must be reported to the league office, he doesn’t like to tip his hand on who the Rams may like. For another, he doesn’t think it’s very cost-efficient. For example, why bring in four wide receivers for tryouts in September when none may be available when you need one in November.

“I’m not saying that’s the right way,” Snead said.

But it’s his way. Incidentally, Snead’s way included getting married during the Rams’ bye weekend to Kara Henderson, formerly of the NFL Network. With much work still to be done with the Rams, that may fall into the category of being time-efficient.

“So as long as we’re in football we can always have a flex anniversary,” Snead joked. “We’re gonna flex it to the bye week.”

BossChief
11-05-2012, 08:11 PM

Your expectations are far off base if you think those drafts are complete and utter shit. Sorry.

mcaj22
11-05-2012, 08:13 PM
2009 and 2011 are the biggest pile of shit drafts I have ever seen from a sports team not named the Matt Millen Detroit Lions

JASONSAUTO
11-05-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm shocked someone actually called him a talent evaluator.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
Your expectations are far off base if you think those drafts are complete and utter shit. Sorry.

Not really. Does Houston save '11? Maybe. We'll see. But Baldwin is a bag of dicks, and Hudson has underwhelmed.

'10 is marked more by what could have been--passed on star TEs to take a broken one--than what it was/is.

DaneMcCloud
We agree to disagree on this topic.

It absolutely sucks.

The Chiefs could have had Gronkowski, Hernandez, Graham, Washington, Lee, Ward, Worilds, Tate, Spikes, Major Wright, Eric Decker, Bowman and so many more players that would have not only been immediate starters but impact players.

Instead, they got McCluster, Arenas, Asamoah and Moeaki.

FAIL.

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Not really. Does Houston save '11? Maybe. We'll see. But Baldwin is a bag of dicks, and Hudson has underwhelmed.

'10 is marked more by what could have been--passed on star TEs to take a broken one--than what it was/is.

One player does not make or save a draft.

The 2011 draft has been crap as well.

Baldwin is crap, Hudson couldn't get on the field his rookie season, Bailey's been a disappointment and so on.

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2012, 08:21 PM
YOUR EXPECTATIONS ARE TOO HIGH

ChiefsCountry
11-05-2012, 08:27 PM
One player does not make or save a draft.

2000 Patriots Draft disagrees with this theory. :harumph:

Chief_For_Life58
11-05-2012, 08:27 PM
It absolutely sucks.

The Chiefs could have had Gronkowski, Hernandez, Graham, Washington, Lee, Ward, Worilds, Tate, Spikes, Major Wright, Eric Decker, Bowman and so many more players that would have not only been immediate starters but impact players.

Instead, they got McCluster, Arenas, Asamoah and Moeaki.

FAIL.

I thought arenas and brokaki were gonna be better then theyve been so far. I was excited about asamoah until I met him at a bar on the plaza raging one night. he looked like a fat teddybear. I immediately thought of ray lewis or clay matthews raping this guy at will

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2012, 08:28 PM
2000 Patriots Draft disagrees with this theory. :harumph:

LMAO

BossChief
11-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Cherry picking and grading players on their performance on other teams and not taking into account what would have likely happened if they were drafted in KC and were handcuffed to Cassel is silly.

Jimmy Graham, Hernandez, Tate, Decker...all these guys would be open and unseen just as Baldwin has been

I stand by my original opinion that the 2010 and 2011 classes were pretty good.

No flip flopping from me because I truly believe this teams problem is coaching, qb and GM overinfluence...not the remaining talent.

This is a talented team that has no quarterback or coaches.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Asamoah is a very good player, people just don't realize it.

He is the exception, not the rule.

ChiefsCountry
11-05-2012, 08:32 PM

Asamoah was a second round talent that we took in the third. It was a damn good draft pick and most were excited with it on draft day.

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Asamoah was a second round talent that we took in the third. It was a damn good draft pick and most were excited with it on draft day.

I have absolutely no problem with the Asamoah pick but it's less notable due to the surrounding talent Pioli missed.

If Pioli had chosen Hernandez, Washington and Asamoah, the fortunes of this team may have been far different.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 08:36 PM

Just watch what happens to Baldwin, Dexter and Moeaki when we draft Barkley or Smith. Similar stuff will happen as in Denver going from Tebow to Manning, but not quite as drastic.

Same goes for guys like Brown, Houston, Berry and Bailey when we get a DC that calls aggresive schemes like the second half of 2011 when rlthe defese was dominant more times than not.

ChiefsCountry
11-05-2012, 08:38 PM
I have absolutely no problem with the Asamoah pick but it's less notable due to the surrounding talent Pioli missed.

If Pioli had chosen Hernandez, Washington and Asamoah, the fortunes of this team may have been far different.

The second round was a fucking disaster and most said it on draft day as well. Arenas was a 4th round talent. McMidget was a major fucking reach.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 08:38 PM

The 2010/2011 classes would be SHINING if we had taken Dalton or Tannehill.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Just watch what happens to Baldwin, Dexter and Moeaki when we draft Barkley or Smith. Similar stuff will happen as in Denver going from Tebow to Manning, but not quite as drastic.

Same goes for guys like Brown, Houston, Berry and Bailey when we get a DC that calls aggresive schemes like the second half of 2011 when rlthe defese was dominant more times than not.

2011: It was Haley's fault.

2012: It was Cassel's fault/Romeo's fault.

Interesting that the players we know are talented don't seem to struggle. Bowe, Breaston, DJ, Hali, Houston, Flowers, etc.

ILChief
11-05-2012, 08:40 PM

Interesting that the players we know are talented don't seem to struggle. Bowe, Breaston, DJ, Hali, Houston, Flowers, etc.

Breaston is struggling as bad as anybody on the team

tredadda
11-05-2012, 08:41 PM
He doesn't have a college scouting director.

The evidence is mounting up for why this guy is impossible to work for. First year, he doesn't give Haley an OC or a QBs coach. Third year, he hires a lame duck OC. Fourth year, he doesn't hire a DC. First year, he refuses to work with scouts just because they came from Kuharich. Fourth year, he refuses to hire a college scouting director to replace Emery. And in just 4 years, we've had a head coach fired, two coordinators fired, two coordinators who quit after just one year, and a head coach who was "demoted" from play calling duties.

Wrong. Haley inherited Gailey and subsequently fired him. The lack of an OC in Haley's first year is on Haley, not Pioli.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 08:42 PM
The second round was a fucking disaster and most said it on draft day as well. Arenas was a 4th round talent. McMidget was a major fucking reach.

Absolutely.

Go back to my draft comments...I immediately brought up Kris Wilson when we picked Dexter and was shouting at the top of my lungs for Cody.

I still think we should have taken Clausen at 36 and Cody in place of Arenas, but two bad picks don't make a whole class poor.

Berry, Asamoah, Moeaki and Lewis(who I'm not a fan of) round out an above average draft class. A solid b...just not an A.

Death2CasselFans
11-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Matt Millen > Pioli

Millen never forced a bad QB like Cassel on the team

Mecca
11-05-2012, 08:43 PM
And there were numerous people that asked the question why Moeaki over Jimmy Graham that's another pretty blatant draft day call.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Breaston is struggling as bad as anybody on the team

Breaston has been phased out of the offense almost entirely because of the idiots running the team.

Last season, when Haley was here and incorporating him correctly, he was a key part of the offense and doing just fine, even with Cassel and Palko chucking ducks.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 08:45 PM

Interesting that the players we know are talented don't seem to struggle. Bowe, Breaston, DJ, Hali, Houston, Flowers, etc.I was the biggest Haley supporter on this board and still think he would have had us in the superbowl conversations if he had a good qb to work with in KC.

Cassel.

Breaston isn't struggling?

Also realize that thee rest of those guys are veterans, not developing talent...or not developing talent is probably more accurate.

Mecca
11-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Breaston has been phased out of the offense almost entirely because of the idiots running the team.

Last season, when Haley was here and incorporating him correctly, he was a key part of the offense and doing just fine, even with Cassel and Palko chucking ducks.

Breaston's a Haley guy and this GM is bound and determined to prove McCluster wasn't a bad pick, so there's the math.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Breaston's a Haley guy and this GM is bound and determined to prove McCluster wasn't a bad pick, so there's the math.

QFT

BossChief
11-05-2012, 08:48 PM
And there were numerous people that asked the question why Moeaki over Jimmy Graham that's another pretty blatant draft day call.

Give us a breakdown on what you think about what KC should do if we get the top pick. Geno Smith?

I know you probably love Barkley, but shoot us some positives and weighted negatives of the two.

Thanks, in advance

chiefzilla1501
11-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Wrong. Haley inherited Gailey and subsequently fired him. The lack of an OC in Haley's first year is on Haley, not Pioli.

Semantics. It doesn't make the rest of the pathetic story any less true.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Also realize that thee rest of those guys are veterans, not developing talent...or not developing talent is probably more accurate.

Is McCluster going to magically develop good hands and speed with a different QB?

He has 5 drops and 27 catches. That's terrible, as are the 3 INTs he has caused, and 0 big plays due to the fact he is 5-7 and runs a 4.6.

Stop defending shit talent.

MotherfuckerJones
11-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Give us a breakdown on what you think about what KC should do if we get the top pick. Geno Smith?

I know you probably love Barkley, but shoot us some positives and weighted negatives of the two.

Thanks, in advance

I was yelling WHAT THE FUCK!! I WANT JIMMY GRAHAM! :harumph:
There's certain players I like coming out. I wanted Darnell Dockett, instead we got Junior Siavii, I wanted DeSean Jackson but Im ok with Flowers. I wanted Tannehill yet we get Poe...Clark hire me!!

BossChief
11-05-2012, 08:51 PM

It's a real shame the three ACL injuries happened...what might have been...also remember Graham has an accurate qb, Moeaki has a tunnel vision one with poor accuracy.

Flip flop the two and the tale is probably much different.

Mecca

Thanks, in advance

I don't think either is a bad pick or a slam dunk, I think Barkley is more mature and more pro ready. I'd say his ceiling may not be quite as high as Geno's but his floor is higher. I think even in a worse case scenario Barkley ends up as a good QB.

His leadership and intangibles are off the charts, I view him a lot as a Matt Ryan/Andy Dalton type.

Geno Smith I think could be great or could be out of the league quickly. I''m kind of hard pressed to think of an NFL comparison for him honestly.

With this team I'd probably go Barkley since I think he needs less coaching.

tredadda
Semantics. It doesn't make the rest of the pathetic story any less true.

I didn't disagree with anything else you said, just the wrong part. But hey......semantics.

Mecca
11-05-2012, 08:52 PM
It's a real shame the three ACL injuries happened...what might have been...also remember Graham has an accurate qb, Moeaki has a tunnel vision one with poor accuracy.

I will still say no one can be surprised that Moeaki got hurt it's what he does.

ChiefsCountry
11-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Absolutely.

Go back to my draft comments...I immediately brought up Kris Wilson when we picked Dexter and was shouting at the top of my lungs for Cody.

I still think we should have taken Clausen at 36 and Cody in place of Arenas, but two bad picks don't make a whole class poor.

Berry, Asamoah, Moeaki and Lewis(who I'm not a fan of) round out an above average draft class. A solid b...just not an A.

I wanted Sergio Kindle so I would have had a fuck up. I know I really liked Carlos Dunlap and Sean Lee.

chiefzilla1501
11-05-2012, 08:53 PM

I liked the pick at the time over Graham. Moeaki is a much more multi-dimensional TE. He's a good blocker, something you don't get out of Graham. Graham's success is largely built off of Brees being so excellent at spreading people out and excel in a pass-heavy scheme.

But let's be real. Moeaki is dropping a ton of easy shit. As a receiver, he has been an enormous disappointment. But yeah, I would like to see what he does with a better QB.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Is McCluster going to magically develop good hands and speed with a different QB?

He has 5 drops and 27 catches. That's terrible, as are the 3 INTs he has caused, and 0 big plays due to the fact he is 5-7 and runs a 4.6.

Stop defending shit talent.

Hahaha

Dexter doesn't have breakaway speed, but he has ELITE acceleration and quickness. His size offers a smaller window for the qb to deliver the ball but saying his hands are bad is silly. The passes he has "dropped" were terrible passes and you know that.

Matt Cassel shouldn't even be in the NFL.

stonedstooge
11-05-2012, 08:56 PM
I didn't disagree with anything else you said, just the wrong part. But hey......semantics.

I'm not sure a first time head coach didn't have a lot of direction with that firing. Pisoli's true colors show that

tredadda
11-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Everything on this team, especially on offense needs to be observed by the fact we start the worst QB in the league. Give us a legit QB and then we can properly evaluate our offensive talent.

Mecca
11-05-2012, 08:58 PM
You can't win in this league without a QB, a head coach and a GM, we are the worst in the league at all 3.

Flachief58
11-05-2012, 08:59 PM

So, this is all Pissholys fault? Huh, whoda thunk it....

BossChief
11-05-2012, 08:59 PM
I don't think either is a bad pick or a slam dunk, I think Barkley is more mature and more pro ready. I'd say his ceiling may not be quite as high as Geno's but his floor is higher. I think even in a worse case scenario Barkley ends up as a good QB.

His leadership and intangibles are off the charts, I view him a lot as a Matt Ryan/Andy Dalton type.

Geno Smith I think could be great or could be out of the league quickly. I''m kind of hard pressed to think of an NFL comparison for him honestly.

With this team I'd probably go Barkley since I think he needs less coaching.

I agree with most of that and have been saying it for quite some time.

I see Geno as similar to McNabb and think that's his closest comparison.

I still favor Geno over Barkley at this point, but I guess that all depends on which coach is running the show come April on if that changes or not.

If we don't hire a staff that has the ability to develop Geno, Barkley will be a better choice because I think he could step right in and make an immediate impact.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 09:00 PM
You can't win in this league without a QB, a head coach and a GM, we are the worst in the league at all 3.

Bingo.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 09:01 PM
I wanted Sergio Kindle so I would have had a **** up. I know I really liked Carlos Dunlap and Sean Lee.

Wouldn't have been a fuck up if he hadn't gotten wasted and cracked his skull, Tito style.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 09:03 PM
I will still say no one can be surprised that Moeaki got hurt it's what he does.

Fair enough.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 09:04 PM
The passes he has "dropped" were terrible passes and you know that.

Those passes HIT HIM IN THE HANDS.

He has terrible fucking hands and he's slow.

HE'S NOT GOOD. ACCEPT IT.

siberian khatru
11-05-2012, 09:05 PM

Clark hit the trifecta.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Dexter has elite acceleration and quickness and...wait for it...his ability to use it has resulted innnnnnnnnnnnn.............3 missed tackles. LMAO

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Dexter is ranked 76th (out of 89 WRs) in drop rate.

And you want to defend him.

Fuck off man.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Those passes HIT HIM IN THE HANDS.

He has terrible fucking hands and he's slow.

HE'S NOT GOOD. ACCEPT IT.

295 yards at the halfway point.

WHEN he gets 600, can you just wait till after the draft and get me an AUTHENTIC Barkley or Smith Jersey?

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 09:11 PM
295 yards at the halfway point.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Are you defending him with this useless stat?

Most of those yards outside of Week 1 have come in garbage time.

He does absolutely nothing for this team.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Jamaal Charles has 154 touches...both are gonna come down to the wire.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 09:14 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAO

Are you defending him with this useless stat?

Most of those yards outside of Week 1 have come in garbage time.

He does absolutely nothing for this team.

Nope...I've said my piece on the player...nothing else to really say. I think he will be a lot more productive with an accurate qb that gets him the ball on time...but I accurately saw exactly what Dexter would do last year and this year under the current circumstances.

It's gonna be nice not to have to pay for my qb jersey.

Mecca
11-05-2012, 09:18 PM
I don't think McCluster is awful, he should give you matchup advantages in no huddle sets and motion and slot plays because of his position versatility but all of that goes out the window when you have Matt Cassel.

And speaking of that why does a team that has numerous versatile players run no motion or shifting or anything of the sort on offense? Talk about shitty coaching.

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Justin Houston.

Best Pioli pick:

Seventh round kicker.

Awesome.

In four drafts.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 09:19 PM
I don't think McCluster is awful, he should give you matchup advantages in no huddle sets and motion and slot plays because of his position versatility but all of that goes out the window when you have Matt Cassel.

And speaking of that why does a team that has numerous versatile players run no motion or shifting or anything of the sort on offense? Talk about shitty coaching.

What is a shift?

You mean those things Vermeil used to do? Is that what you're talking about?

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Sorter
11-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Best Pioli pick:

Seventh round kicker.

Awesome.

In four drafts.

It may or may not be a process.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 09:25 PM
I accurately saw exactly what Dexter would do last year and this year under the current circumstances..

He was playing a different position last year.

It's not remotely comparable. LMAO

You continue to defend this guy when he just doesn't make plays. At all.

It's comical as hell. He has 17 first downs ALL YEAR and most of those have come in garbage time when teams are playing prevent defense.

It's stupid. Give it up.

And he won't get 600 yards.

MotherfuckerJones
11-05-2012, 09:27 PM
The Saints have their HC suspended, a terrible god awful Defense, stud MLB suspended and still have more wins than KC, though our one fluke W was against them

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 09:28 PM

He can't get out of his stance quick enough and he lets defenders under his pads.

Multiple scouting reports stated this prior to the draft.

It hasn't changed since he's been drafted. He could get by in college with bull strength, but that doesn't work in the pros unless you are Larry Allen.

Asamoah has been horrible. Period.

Hudson I have hope for as he had the tools to be a Will Shields type of player. He should be a very good center simply based on his skill set, but again, Pioli is taking guys and putting them at different positions than their experience dictates.

Allen, a long, lean four year starting left tackle in college was drafted by Pioli to specifically play guard. In the second round.

I could go on and on about the miserable fucking drafts that Pioli has put together. I could go on and on about the miserable fucking coaching staffs he's assembled. I could go on and on about how he's pissed off everyone in Kansas City, from the press to the Chiefs employees to the fans.

There's a theme here...

Bane
11-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Yet another reason why Pisoli should kill himself.

whoman69
11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
What is a shift?

You mean those things Vermeil used to do? Is that what you're talking about?

LMAOLMAOLMAO

You have to toss out half the playbook with Cassel.

Mecca
11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Ripping McCluster is just short sighted bullshit he can be part of a winning team. Ripping on him is like losing your mind that your hubcap got scratched when the rest of the car is totalled.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
11-05-2012, 09:32 PM

And speaking of that why does a team that has numerous versatile players run no motion or shifting or anything of the sort on offense? Talk about shitty coaching.I've been saying these exact same things. People here just don't want to hear it for whatever the reason.

Sex is a big reason I was a little excited that we interviewed Al Saunders...his shifts and motions would have gotten Dexter matched up on linebackers in the open field a lot and that alone would have helped the offense move the chains and get yards in chunks.

Post more.

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 09:34 PM

Not just Graham, who the Saints were probably going to take anyway. They could have stayed put in the fourth and selected Aaron Hernandez, Dennis Pitta or Tony Moeaki.

Hernandez and Pitta are playing quite well currently, and wouldn't have costed us jack shit if we stayed put.

Another Pioli fail.

Chocolate Hog
11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Asamoah sucks so much he graded out as a + last year and is apart of one of the best o-lines this year.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Dexter has 97 yards in the first half of games this year.

Over half of his yards have come when we are down by 17+.

GARBAGE TIME PLAYER.

And FYI, he has 258 receiving yards. The bet was receiving yards. You will lose.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8834176&postcount=50

BossChief
11-05-2012, 09:37 PM
He was playing a different position last year.

It's not remotely comparable. LMAO

You continue to defend this guy when he just doesn't make plays. At all.

It's comical as hell. He has 17 first downs ALL YEAR and most of those have come in garbage time when teams are playing prevent defense.

It's stupid. Give it up.

And he won't get 600 yards.

How many offensive touches did I say he would get last year?...you know, that we bet on that you tried to clown me on to no end...

Let me help you...I said he would average 10 per game and he ended with EXACTLY 160.

This year I said he would get 600 yards and after 8 games he has 295.

Hey Mecca...wanna hear something funny?

If Dexter gets to 600 yards, Clay is gonna buy me an authentic jersey of my choice of player.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 09:38 PM
600 RECEIVING yards. He only has 258.

The only reason you won that bet last year was because Charles got hurt. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. STFU

BossChief
11-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Asamoah sucks so much he graded out as a + last year and is apart of one of the best o-lines this year.

SSSHHHHHHH

don't say oline or else sac will fill the thread full of crap posts about how Albert and Asamoah suck.

Shit, too late.

Mecca
11-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Damn good luck picking someone that'll be here awhile. Uh go with Barkley lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
11-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Dexter has 97 yards in the first half of games this year.

Over half of his yards have come when we are down by 17+.

GARBAGE TIME PLAYER.

And FYI, he has 258 receiving yards. The bet was receiving yards. You will lose.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8834176&postcount=50

Nobody is getting yards in the first half. You can't judge an underneath receiver when teams are playing 1-safety coverage. It's just plain embarrassing.

Orton opened up the offense and spread the ball around. When he was QB, you saw McCluster have success because he was given space to run.

And no, while you may see those yards came as a receiving RB, it's not completely accurate. A lot of those yards came from lining up as a RB then motioning to WR.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Saccopoo has been clowned on Albert so hard no one should ever listen to him again about OL.

Albert is basically the best pass blocker in the NFL right now.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Orton opened up the offense and spread the ball around. When he was QB, you saw McCluster have success because he was given space to run.

When Orton was QB, McCluster had 125 receiving yards in three games.

49 of them came on a damn screen pass.

Another 19 of them came on a dump pass where no one covered him.

He's a terrible football player, and his fans are all ignorant.

5-foot-7 receivers that run 4.6 and have terrible hands are FUCKING AWFUL.

WAKE UP.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Nobody is getting yards in the first half.

Bowe has the majority of his yards in the first half of games dude.

McCluster sucks. Wake up.

ChiefsCountry
11-05-2012, 09:46 PM
If Dexter gets to 600 yards, Clay is gonna buy me an authentic jersey of my choice of player.

Get Derrick Thomas or Len Dawson or Bobby Bell somebody like that. You can't go wrong then.

chiefzilla1501
11-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Bowe has the majority of his yards in the first half of games dude.

McCluster sucks. Wake up.

Because Cassel's entire game is stare down Bowe, then check down to the RB. We all know this. And defenses are playing 1 safety deep and bracketing coverage to only guard 10-15 yards and in.

There is no open space for an underneath receiver to run. Breaston is a 700-800 yard receiver. He has -500 yards this year. Jamaal Charles has no room to run. Neither does Hillis. These are all symptoms of a comically bad offensive coordinator/QB tandem.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Dex is personally responsible for five turnovers this year...3 INT and 2 fumbles.

Our QBs have a 64.9 QB rating throwing to him. That's 80th out of 89 players.

....still think he's good?

Wake up.

Chocolate Hog
11-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You still need to give us your take on Barkley.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Whoever is the quarterback we draft in the first round will be the choice.

I thought it was 600 offensive yards, but receiving yards is good enough.

Dexter would be well over the average I need him at if Cassel didn't get him hurt. It's astonishing that the guy didn't have to go to IR after that elbow injury.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Because Cassel's entire game is stare down Bowe, then check down to the RB. We all know this. And defenses are playing 1 safety deep and bracketing coverage to only guard 10-15 yards and in.

How is this different from last season?

It's not.

Breaston did just fine last year.

McCluster just sucks.

He doesn't make big plays.

He doesn't produce first downs.

He's responsible for 5 turnovers in 36 touches!!!

What is good about this kid? Tell me. Give me a positive. A fact.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Dex is personally responsible for five turnovers this year...3 INT and 2 fumbles.

Our QBs have a 64.9 QB rating throwing to him. That's 80th out of 89 players.

....still think he's good?

Wake up.

Matt Cassel

Brady Quinn

Wake up.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Matt Cassel

Brady Quinn

Wake up.

It's not coincidence that Dex playing gobs of snaps coincides with Cassel's worst season as a pro.

These are the worst receivers he has ever played with. Baldwin and Dex suck.
They make Chambers and Bobby Wade look All Pro.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 10:01 PM
It's not coincidence that Dex playing gobs of snaps coincides with Cassel's worst season as a pro.

Just when you thought posts couldn't get any dumber...

Just stop

chiefzilla1501
11-05-2012, 10:03 PM

You're getting out of control. Cassel is sucking because he's Cassel. And because Daboll can't coordinate his way out of a wet paper bag, and Romeo can't coach players to play tough.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 10:06 PM
The facts are all in my favor at this point.

The best games Cassel played in 2010...Dexter was nowhere to be found.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 10:06 PM

Well, I'm out.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9s06d0Ex31rbrlneo1_400.gif

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 10:07 PM
5 turnovers in 37 touches....how can anyone defend that?

The kid does not belong in the NFL.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Bobby Wade was actually a very good slot receiver for a few season.

I mean he wasn't great, but he managed to average 12 yards a catch.

Dex is gonna end up averaging less than 9 yards a catch this year.

Indefensible.

He honestly might be the worst WR in football, all things considered.

No big plays? Check.

Garbage-time production? Check.

Most turnover-prone player in the league? Check.

That's a rare combination.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 10:09 PM
5 turnovers in 37 touches....how can anyone defend that?

The kid does not belong in the NFL.

ROFL

I have you on full tilt right now with this shit.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 10:12 PM
To be fair to Dex it's 5 turnovers in 40 touches, since he "touched" the ball on those plays that he turned into interceptions.

So I'll be fair...he sucks slightly less.

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 10:12 PM
SSSHHHHHHH

don't say oline or else sac will fill the thread full of crap posts about how Albert and Asamoah suck.

Shit, too late.

Too late indeed.

They could have drafted Okung in the first, TJ Ward in the second, moved Albert inside to guard and upgraded three positions substantially better than what they currently have.

Then they could have used that third that they used on Asamoah on Andre Roberts, who currently has five TD's and 540 yards at the halfway point.

But I'm sure you and Pioli have reach arounds about that kick ass 2010 draft.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Moving a Pro Bowl left tackle inside to guard would have been a great idea you schmuck.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Russell Okung is the most penalized offensive tackle in football.

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Saccopoo has been clowned on Albert so hard no one should ever listen to him again about OL.

Albert is basically the best pass blocker in the NFL right now.

WTF?

How would anybody on the offensive line know what a fucking pass block is when we don't pass the ball more than three yards on slant dumpoffs off of three step drops.

Pass block? The fucking Chiefs have no fucking idea what that means.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 10:16 PM
WTF?

How would anybody on the offensive line know what a fucking pass block is when we don't pass the ball more than three yards on slant dumpoffs off of three step drops.

Pass block? The fucking Chiefs have no fucking idea what that means.

Read it and weep.

http://i.imgur.com/NEVvV.jpg

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Moving a Pro Bowl left tackle inside to guard would have been a great idea you schmuck.

And what Pro Bowl tackle would that be?

BossChief
11-05-2012, 10:20 PM
ROFL sac...you kill yourself everytime you talk about the offensive line. You are a smart guy and a quality poster WHEN YOU AREN'T TALKING ABOUT THE OL.

Albert is a damn fine LT and the only time you move a LT to LG is when they fail at LT. Please, don't respond.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 10:20 PM
And what Pro Bowl tackle would that be?

The guy at the top of the pass blocking list for every OT in the NFL.

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 10:22 PM
The guy at the top of the pass blocking list for every OT in the NFL.

He's been to the Pro Bowl?

chiefzilla1501
11-05-2012, 10:23 PM
WTF?

How would anybody on the offensive line know what a ****ing pass block is when we don't pass the ball more than three yards on slant dumpoffs off of three step drops.

Pass block? The ****ing Chiefs have no ****ing idea what that means.

The problem is, you're obsessed with the one part of the team that actually isn't bad.

When Orton was QB, this o-line gave up 1 sack in 3 games. When Haley was coaching this team, we ran the ball very well, even with 3rd string RBs.

xztop12
11-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Cassel's Reckoning you really vest a lot of power in random numbers that i bet you couldn't explain. How do you measure a LT's pass blocking numerically? Because the rest of the shit line let their guy beat him before Albert had a chance to? That graph is retarded.

Chiefspants
11-05-2012, 10:25 PM

ROFL Like the pro bowl means ANYTHING.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 10:29 PM

Haha

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Cassel's Reckoning you really vest a lot of power in random numbers that i bet you couldn't explain. How do you measure a LT's pass blocking numerically? Because the rest of the shit line let their guy beat him before Albert had a chance to? That graph is retarded.

You know what's retarded?

Your brain.

PFF grades players either positively or negatively for a given play. It's pretty easy to tell if a LT is doing his job on a given pass blocking snap, since he's gonna be matched up 1 on 1 vs a defender.

It's no coincidence the top of that list is stacked with guys like Joe Thomas and Andrew Whitworth...and Ryan Clady, who is now in discussions for a new contract he's playing so well.

Whether you put stock into those grades or not is irrelevant. He has only allowed one sack this season and that is absolutely phenomenal.

Get a clue.

xztop12
11-05-2012, 10:30 PM
This Cassels Reckoning fgt just neg'ed me. I wonder if sometimes his face turns red that he doesn't have the opportunity to "Neg" Pioli on a message board.

xztop12
11-05-2012, 10:32 PM
You know what's retarded?

Your brain.

PFF grades players either positively or negatively for a given play. It's pretty easy to tell if a LT is doing his job on a given pass blocking snap, since he's gonna be matched up 1 on 1 vs a defender.

It's no coincidence the top of that list is stacked with guys like Joe Thomas and Andrew Whitworth...and Ryan Clady, who is now in discussions for a new contract he's playing so well.

Whether you put stock into those grades or not is irrelevant. He has only allowed one sack this season and that is absolutely phenomenal.

Get a clue.

Sorry let me rephrase then. You don't vest a lot of power into numbers, you vest it into subjective opinions of the nerds over at Profootballtalk. Those guys should be given the keys to an organization.

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 10:34 PM
The problem is, you're obsessed with the one part of the team that actually isn't bad.

When Orton was QB, this o-line gave up 1 sack in 3 games. When Haley was coaching this team, we ran the ball very well, even with 3rd string RBs.

I'm not obsessed with it.

I think the line is just fine.

I'm okay at this point with Albert. He's mediocre. But it's not like we're going to find something better at this point as he's four years into the league and basically entrenched at the spot.

Asamoah is not good. But there are plenty of potential guards on this roster that are good enough to fill in if he continues to shit the bed.

But I also find it amazing that C.E.'s new obsession with PFF doesn't show that the Chiefs are 25th in the league in passing yards, 30th in the league in yards per pass, 28th in 20+ yard passes and dead last in passing TD's and passes over 40 yards, but, yet are 17th in the league in pass attempts. (We also lead the league in interceptions.)

All he sees is that Albert and Winston are two of the top eight pass protectors in the league at the tackle position.

He doesn't see the reason for that ranking. That the Chiefs are dumping the ball off as fast as possible in the shortest routes possible. It elevates the pass protection "stats" for our tackles as they don't have to truly pass protect in the strictest sense of the word.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 10:35 PM
This Cassels Reckoning fgt just neg'ed me. I wonder if sometimes his face turns red that he doesn't have the opportunity to "Neg" Pioli on a message board.

Wrong. I don't have the ability to give neg rep.

Please leave this board and go back to the turnip patch you crawled out of.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 10:35 PM

I just negged you for bitching about rep. I'm sure you can expect more incoming from others, too.

If you have a question about an advanced stat website that nfln, ESPN and most NFL teams actually use, ask them.

Fool

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm okay at this point with Albert. He's mediocre.

Explain how the top-rated pass blocker can POSSIBLY be mediocre.

But I also find it amazing that C.E.'s new obsession with PFF doesn't show that the Chiefs are 25th in the league in passing yards, 30th in the league in yards per pass, 28th in 20+ yard passes and dead last in passing TD's and passes over 40 yards, but, yet are 17th in the league in pass attempts.

DUDE, ALBERT IS NOT THE QUARTERBACK.

Are you seriously this fucking stupid?

It elevates the pass protection "stats" for our tackles as they don't have to truly pass protect in the strictest sense of the word.

That's just fucking stupid. Albert has blocked for plenty of five and seven stop drops this year.

You have no idea what you are watching.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 10:39 PM

I'm okay at this point with Albert. He's mediocre. But it's not like we're going to find something better at this point as he's four years into the league and basically entrenched at the spot.

Asamoah is not good. But there are plenty of potential guards on this roster that are good enough to fill in if he continues to shit the bed.

But I also find it amazing that C.E.'s new obsession with PFF doesn't show that the Chiefs are 25th in the league in passing yards, 30th in the league in yards per pass, 28th in 20+ yard passes and dead last in passing TD's and passes over 40 yards, but, yet are 17th in the league in pass attempts. (We also lead the league in interceptions.)

All he sees is that Albert and Winston are two of the top eight pass protectors in the league at the tackle position.

He doesn't see the reason for that ranking. That the Chiefs are dumping the ball off as fast as possible in the shortest routes possible. It elevates the pass protection "stats" for our tackles as they don't have to truly pass protect in the
strictest sense of the word.
Brady Quinn andatt Cassel take 5-6 seconds to find the open man on a crossing route that is less than 10 yards...and the line is giving them that time.

Seriously bro, you KILL your cred when you talk about the OL.

chiefzilla1501
11-05-2012, 10:41 PM

He doesn't see the reason for that ranking. That the Chiefs are dumping the ball off as fast as possible in the shortest routes possible. It elevates the pass protection "stats" for our tackles as they don't have to truly pass protect in the strictest sense of the word.

Actually, they are not. They are throwing a ton of check downs, which requires you to still protect up to that point. Especially given that Cassel will stare down his primary, then check down.

And that's balanced out by defenses stacking the entire box instead of keeping them on their toes.

The o-line was fine protecting Orton.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Look at Albert's magnificent blocking on this play. He gets out late and recovers and gives his QB a chance to throw it deep. This is a PB LT.

http://i.imgur.com/6EE04.gif

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 10:49 PM
ROFL Like the pro bowl means ANYTHING.

I didn't say it did.

C.E. said we have a Pro Bowl left tackle.

I didn't know we did.

And you are roflcoptering about that? Whatever.

xztop12
11-05-2012, 10:51 PM
I didn't say it did.

C.E. said we have a Pro Bowl left tackle.

I didn't know we did.

And you are roflcoptering about that? Whatever.

They're retarded republicans from Raytown who will carry on laughing even when wrong.

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Albert is playing at a Pro Bowl level.

I know you didn't realize it.

You have no idea about offensive line play.

Asamoah is the 8th ranked guard on PFF, but you think he sucks.

You're so hilariously wrong.

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Explain how the top-rated pass blocker can POSSIBLY be mediocre.

DUDE, ALBERT IS NOT THE QUARTERBACK.

Are you seriously this ****ing stupid?

That's just ****ing stupid. Albert has blocked for plenty of five and seven stop drops this year.

You have no idea what you are watching.

DUDE!!! I KNOW ALBERT IS NOT THE QUARTERBACK. AND YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT.

THE CHIEFS BY THE NATURE OF THE GAME PLAN ARE DUMPING THE BALL OFF QUICKLY AND THEY AREN'T GIVING UP THE SACKS BECAUSE OF IT, THUS THE PFF'S ELEVATED STATISTICS ON ALBERT AND WINSTON.

ARE YOU THIS ****ING STUPID TO NOT BE ABLE TO LOOK BEYOND A SIMPLE STAT LINE AND SEE THE REASONING FOR IT?

However, I yield to your highly obnoxious ignorance on this subject. You and Boss go play in a baby pool full of KY and be happy.

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Albert is playing at a Pro Bowl level.

I know you didn't realize it.

You have no idea about offensive line play.

Asamoah is the 8th ranked guard on PFF, but you think he sucks.

You're so hilariously wrong.

Bingo.

Enjoy your PFF subscription.

It's truly elevated your insights. And you have a new sidekick/lackey/sycophant in Boss.

Don Quixote and Sancho ride again!

http://resources-6.select2gether.com/shopping/images/real/14/13/65/don-quixote-and-sancho-panza-poster-14136506.jpg

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 10:58 PM
THE CHIEFS BY THE NATURE OF THE GAME PLAN ARE DUMPING THE BALL OFF QUICKLY

As was already explained, if you watch the games, they aren't.

Cassel is taking a lot of 5 and 7 step drops, surveying the field, and dumping it off short.

Pass protection, outside of Jeff Allen being the worst offensive lineman ever, has been very good this season.

Our RBs struggle to pick up blitzes, and Cassel is horrible at eluding pressure or staying in the pocket, and so the protection looks worse than it actually is sometimes.

You are completely ignorant on this subject.

Completely.

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 11:02 PM
As was already explained, if you watch the games, they aren't.

Cassel is taking a lot of 5 and 7 step drops, surveying the field, and dumping it off short.

Pass protection, outside of Jeff Allen being the worst offensive lineman ever, has been very good this season.

Our RBs struggle to pick up blitzes, and Cassel is horrible at eluding pressure or staying in the pocket, and so the protection looks worse than it actually is sometimes.

You are completely ignorant on this subject.

Completely.

K.

http://streetgiant.com/files/whatevs_2011_spring_summer_15.jpg

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Is Russell Okung better than Albert?

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2012, 11:12 PM

That's not fair. Albert should be at guard.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Bingo.

Enjoy your PFF subscription.

It's truly elevated your insights. And you have a new sidekick/lackey/sycophant in Boss.

Don Quixote and Sancho ride again!

http://resources-6.select2gether.com/shopping/images/real/14/13/65/don-quixote-and-sancho-panza-poster-14136506.jpg

Bitch, Im not anybodies sidekick and I've been kicking your ass around the forum regarding offensive linemen since the day I arrived. Well before clay joined in...at least tmk.

You were obsessed with Okung and I kept calling him the black John Tait and that's what he is. Ive seen you pimp Ed Wang, Matt Tennant and countless other linemen that are garbage. Your only good call I remember was Zane Beadles and that may be the only one. Basically the same ratio as throwing darts at a dartboard.

Like I said, you are a high quality poster on other positions but your takes on linemen are almost completely worthless.

Sorry.

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 11:13 PM

Is Grape Kool-Aid better than Orange Fanta?

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Absolutely not. Orange Fanta is superior.

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 11:16 PM
You were obsessed with Okung and I kept calling him the black John Tait and that's what he is.

Speaking of Pro Bowl offensive linemen...

So, you think Okung is at a Pro Bowl level then, correct?

Ive seen you pimp Ed Wang, Matt Tennant and countless other linemen that are garbage. Your only good call I remember was Zane Beadles and that may be the only one. Basically the same ratio as throwing darts at a dartboard.

Ed Wang? What? LAWLZ! WTF?

Count Zarth
11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Okung is on pace for 20 penalties this year.

That's awful.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Sac...would you trade Albert for Okung straight up right now?

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Bitch, Im not anybodies sidekick and I've been kicking your ass around the forum regarding offensive linemen since the day I arrived. Well before clay joined in...at least tmk.

Okay Sancho. Whatever you say.

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Seems that Sac has always been on the wrong side of this argument.

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Seems that Sac has always been on the wrong side of this argument.

Man, Clay is racking up some bitches in this place tonight.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Sac...would you trade Albert for Okung straight up right now?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 11:29 PM
http://medias.omgif.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Darth-Vader-goes-to-disneyland.gif

Big Smoke
Interesting.

Saccopoo

Oh, sorry.

Yes, yes I would.

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Oh, sorry.

Yes, yes I would.

LOL Wow.

And yet on the wrong side again.

BossChief
11-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Oh, sorry.

Yes, yes I would.

ROFL

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 11:38 PM
ROFL

I'm glad you are happy Sancho.

RustShack
11-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Trevor Laws.

Saccopoo
11-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Bitch, Im not anybodies sidekick and I've been kicking your ass around the forum regarding offensive linemen since the day I arrived...blather, blather, blather...

Wait a minute...

Kicking my ass on offensive lineman?

Such as?

jak112460
11-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Justin Houston.

Name one QB the Chiefs have ever drafted and been successful with? Name just one? The Chiefs have always taken veteran quarterbacks and struggled along. The last veteran QB the Chiefs have had that took them to the AFC championships was Joe Montana. The only head coach since Hank Stram to take the Chiefs to a string of playoffs is Marty Schottenheimer. Anybody who thinks the Chiefs are going to draft a young QB and be successful should know that history is against them.

Mecca
11-06-2012, 12:03 AM
I find this entire argument hilarious since anyone with a brain watching this shit team would tell you cassel makes the line look worse than it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo
11-06-2012, 12:41 AM
I find this entire argument hilarious since anyone with a brain watching this shit team would tell you cassel makes the line look worse than it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

He doesn't just make the line look worse than what it is, he makes the line worse than what it is.

Despite Don and Sancho's blusterings, I'm okay with the linemen we have on this team. And I think that they will be a lot better playing with a real QB. I've already said that I think this could be one of the upper echelon offensive lines in the NFL with a quarterback with a remote degree of pocket presence, which neither Cassel nor Quinn exhibit at this point.

The problem lies in the fact that Albert and Asamoah were the first two guys we've drafted on the offensive line that high in the draft in a long time and no one wants to spend high round picks on more linemen at this point. And I agree. (Although I would have loved Alex Mack in 2009 and Zane Beadles in 2010 to go along with Rod Hudson in 2011.)

In fact, my current mock on the Draft Planet doesn't have a single offensive lineman on it.

I'm pretty okay with the guys we have and with a quality QB, a lot of the current sins get washed away.

htismaqe
11-06-2012, 04:45 AM
He doesn't just make the line look worse than what it is, he makes the line worse than what it is.

Despite Don and Sancho's blusterings, I'm okay with the linemen we have on this team. And I think that they will be a lot better playing with a real QB. I've already said that I think this could be one of the upper echelon offensive lines in the NFL with a quarterback with a remote degree of pocket presence, which neither Cassel nor Quinn exhibit at this point.

The problem lies in the fact that Albert and Asamoah were the first two guys we've drafted on the offensive line that high in the draft in a long time and no one wants to spend high round picks on more linemen at this point. And I agree. (Although I would have loved Alex Mack in 2009 and Zane Beadles in 2010 to go along with Rod Hudson in 2011.)

In fact, my current mock on the Draft Planet doesn't have a single offensive lineman on it.

I'm pretty okay with the guys we have and with a quality QB, a lot of the current sins get washed away.

WOW.

Are you really Sac? :D

By the way, good post and spot on. :thumb:

the Talking Can
11-06-2012, 04:56 AM
Too late indeed.

They could have drafted Okung in the first, TJ Ward in the second, moved Albert inside to guard and upgraded three positions substantially better than what they currently have.

Then they could have used that third that they used on Asamoah on Andre Roberts, who currently has five TD's and 540 yards at the halfway point.

But I'm sure you and Pioli have reach arounds about that kick ass 2010 draft.

still pimping okung

and the albert to guard myth....:shake:

jesus, stay down
ROFL

Woodchuck
11-06-2012, 06:29 AM

It's hard to believe this would be true but, if it is we are even more fucked than we already are.

notorious
11-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Clady is getting the "Peyton Treatment" this year. He can completely rape a pash rusher to the ground and get away with it.

We can't forget that factor.

Chiefspants
11-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Name one QB the Chiefs have ever drafted and been successful with? Name just one? The Chiefs have always taken veteran quarterbacks and struggled along. The last veteran QB the Chiefs have had that took them to the AFC championships was Joe Montana. The only head coach since Hank Stram to take the Chiefs to a string of playoffs is Marty Schottenheimer. Anybody who thinks the Chiefs are going to draft a young QB and be successful should know that history is against them.

We spent our second round pick in 2009 on Matt Cassel. 27 Touchdowns, 7 interceptions.

Nuff' Siad.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-06-2012, 06:40 AM
Clady is getting the "Peyton Treatment" this year. He can completely rape a pash rusher to the ground and get away with it.

THIS

COchief
11-06-2012, 03:42 PM

An even bigger factor than that is how god damn fast Manning is at dropping back and getting the ball out. Many people were calling Clady a bust (other than his BS rookie year) and was a below average LT until fivehead rolled into town.

Sorter
11-06-2012, 03:45 PM
An even bigger factor than that is how god damn fast Manning is at dropping back and getting the ball out. Many people were calling Clady a bust (other than his BS rookie year) and was a below average LT until fivehead rolled into town.

If you watch Peyton on stretch plays, the MOFO runs like a 4.5 40.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2012, 04:06 PM
What numbers exactly do they crunch?

Number of candy wrappers left about.

Yeah, it's really nice that a small group of us said this very same thing in 2009, but were summarily dismissed.

:shake:

These.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand QFT.

I think Barkley is the "safer" of the two, but really, I'm about fucking tired of "safe".

I want Geno and all of the gut-churning, butterfly-swirling, euphoria-inducing, sweet-smelling RISK that comes with him!

bevischief
11-06-2012, 04:20 PM

All the more reason to fire his ass.

scott free
11-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Oh, sorry.

Yes, yes I would.

:spock:

Simply Red
11-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Pioli couldn't "evaluate" his way out of a wet paper sack, with scissors in his hand.

Simply Red
11-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Number of candy wrappers left about.

LMAO

Simply Red
11-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Fuck you

KCinNY
11-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Given the long list of Pioli's terrible draft picks...I'd completely forgotten that he drafted Mizzou G Colin Brown in the 5th(I think) in '09.

IIRC, Brown didn't have a profile on NFL.com during the draft and was considered a reach as a UDFA by some analysts.

As awful as so many of Fat Scott's picks have been(Jackson, Magee, McCluster, Arenas, Moeaki, etc.), the Colin Brown pick(even in the later rounds) was criminally imcompetent.

KC Tattoo
11-07-2012, 07:59 AM

We can be successful with drafting a QB with our first pick. The myth is we havn't had any success well the truth is we havn't tried other than once with Blackledge in 30 years. Matt Blundin was a second rounder had 4 passes before getting yanked and Brodie Croyle was a third rounder who had the most opportunity in 20 years but was made of glass and didn't ever have a supporting cast. The fact is the Chiefs just have failed at attempting to draft a high pick QB and build a team around him for that success to matriculate. It's time we give it a shot.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-07-2012, 09:07 AM

So they should just quit? This is soooo full of fail dude.

It would be like asking a chick out that one time, getting rejected, and taking a life of celibacy because of it ROFL

Sorter
11-07-2012, 12:39 PM

It would be like asking a chick out that one time, getting rejected, and taking a life of celibacy because of it ROFL

LMAOLMAO

whoman69
11-07-2012, 12:52 PM

They've already quit. I would say its more like the dude that sued his ex-wife because he didn't know she was really ugly until they had a baby.