PDA

View Full Version : Elections *****OFFICIAL 2012 U.S. GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS*****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

CaliforniaChief
11-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Obama re-elected with Ohio win...

Dems maintain control of Senate, GOP maintains control of House.

CaliforniaChief
11-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Dixville Notch, NH conducts vote at Midnight, EST.

CaliforniaChief
11-05-2012, 11:12 PM
And for the first time ever, Dixville Notch ties:

Obama 5, Romney 5.

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 11:12 PM

Obama 5, Romney 5.

That is amazing.

tk13
11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
I DEMAND A RECOUNT.

CaliforniaChief
11-05-2012, 11:37 PM
I DEMAND A RECOUNT.

LMAO

listopencil
11-05-2012, 11:40 PM

Obama 5, Romney 5.

Isn't that a bad sign for Obama? Wait...DON"T PANIC.

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 11:41 PM
This is a phenomenal database for ballot measures nationwide.

http://www.ncsl.org/legislatures-elections/elections/ballot-measures-database.aspx

Enjoy.

Direckshun
11-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Meanwhile, Nate Silver has given Obama his biggest odds yet of taking the Presidency.

92%. Claims Obama will get just a hair shy of 51%.

And Florida, he claims, has just shifted to Obama. 53% chance it goes blue.

That will likely earn Obama north of 330 EVs.

God, I'd love that.

KC_Connection
11-05-2012, 11:47 PM
I DEMAND A RECOUNT.
One for Martin, two for Martin.

cosmo20002
11-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Meanwhile, Nate Silver has given Obama his biggest odds yet of taking the Presidency.

92%. Claims Obama will get just a hair shy of 51%.

And Florida, he claims, has just shifted to Obama. 53% chance it goes blue.

That will likely earn Obama north of 330 EVs.

God, I'd love that.

The polls are just getting more biased by the minute.

cosmo20002
11-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Isn't that a bad sign for Obama? Wait...DON"T PANIC.

Obama 15
McCain 6

Shit.

Turnout really down this year. Clearly, voter suppression is going on.

cosmo20002
11-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Obama 15
McCain 6

Shit.

Turnout really down this year. Clearly, voter suppression is going on.

Things are looking up:

Hart's Location, NH (They also vote at midnight)

Election Results 2012:
Obama 23
Romney 9
Johnson 2

Direckshun
11-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Seriously, I can't follow this thread if we're posting individual counties.

I will go insane.

teedubya
11-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Vote Gary Johnson! Woooooo

http://ISideWith.com

WoodDraw
11-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Seriously, I can't follow this thread if we're posting individual counties.

I will go insane.

Can you even call it a county if it has 10 people? I call that the line at the grocery story...

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2012, 12:16 AM
There are, to the best of my understanding, 2 precincts in NH that vote at midnight, which makes them noteworthy.

Starting tomorrow, other than the rumors and shit getting thrown around on Twitter/the blogosphere, we won't start seeing projections until 7:00 PM EST. I'll do my best to update the OP with updated projections/electoral count. I'll probably use one network as the standard list (NBC News, probably) but anyone's free to post other projections as they unfold.

cosmo20002
11-06-2012, 12:23 AM
There are, to the best of my understanding, 2 precincts in NH that vote at midnight, which makes them noteworthy.

Starting tomorrow, other than the rumors and shit getting thrown around on Twitter/the blogosphere, we won't start seeing projections until 7:00 PM EST. I'll do my best to update the OP with updated projections/electoral count. I'll probably use one network as the standard list (NBC News, probably) but anyone's free to post other projections as they unfold.

Just use Fox or 95% of the board will have a stroke.

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Results are results. Some networks might call differently, but the count is the count. And I'm a Conservative, so it doesn't matter to me.

I'm trying to format the OP but am gonna need some time to figure it out. How do you do spoilers so I can shrink the OP?

mnchiefsguy
11-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Results are results. Some networks might call differently, but the count is the count. And I'm a Conservative, so it doesn't matter to me.

I'm trying to format the OP but am gonna need some time to figure it out. How do you do spoilers so I can shrink the OP?

Use the word spoiler between brackets [] at the beginning, and at the end of what you want in the spoiler tag, use /spoiler in brackets [].

RedDread
11-06-2012, 01:00 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Fooster/AndHereWeGo.gif

Guru
11-06-2012, 02:39 AM
Is it over yet?

Taco John
11-06-2012, 03:42 AM
Dixville Notch tied. Dream scenario is ALIVE!

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 08:06 AM
State of the race from inside the Obama campaign via sources:

Locks or close to it: Iowa, NH, Nevada, and Wisconsin
Very Confidant: Ohio
Pretty Good: Virginia
50/50: Florida

whoman69
11-06-2012, 08:10 AM

Why should we vote for a party that has put in no grass roots effort to get their members elected to statehouses and Congress?

Direckshun
11-06-2012, 08:11 AM
Very well organized OP, CaliforniaChief.

Rep.

whoman69
11-06-2012, 08:13 AM

I would suggest putting the 270 number in the OP. That is the only meaningful statistic.

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2012, 08:17 AM
I'll keep updating/formatting throughout the day. Should be a fun day.

Direckshun
11-06-2012, 08:19 AM

Well done, sir.

htismaqe
11-06-2012, 08:21 AM

I got to hear Gary Johnson on WHO a couple of times. They asked him some really good questions - too bad he basically REFUSED to answer. Danced around the topics and then got defensive. Total dick.

Saul Good
11-06-2012, 09:08 AM

Obama 5, Romney 5.

There was still a six hour line to vote.

SNR
11-06-2012, 11:10 AM
I got to hear Gary Johnson on WHO a couple of times. They asked him some really good questions - too bad he basically REFUSED to answer. Danced around the topics and then got defensive. Total dick.That's what pissed me off about him too. The dude could totally market himself as the most badass presidential candidate since Teddy Roosevelt yet he remains quiet in interviews and refuses to stick his neck out there.

Still voted for the guy because I couldn't morally vote for Obama or Romney. But I didn't like it.

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Ok, I think we're ready for Election Night Returns. I'm not tracking the US House...too much stuff to keep track of, IMO.

In the Senate Races, when a race is called, I'll color the state name red or blue. I'll also update the Senate makeup projection (I'm counting the 2 I's as D's), and I'll give Angus King to the D's as he seems to be more left than right, despite his unwillingness to declare who he'll caucus with.

Again, I'll use NBC as the calls come in, even though I'll be channel surfing. Feel free to post any other projections here as well.

htismaqe
11-06-2012, 11:28 AM
That's what pissed me off about him too. The dude could totally market himself as the most badass presidential candidate since Teddy Roosevelt yet he remains quiet in interviews and refuses to stick his neck out there.

Still voted for the guy because I couldn't morally vote for Obama or Romney. But I didn't like it.

Dude, in one interview he not only refused to answer the questions, he accused the host (a Libertarian, no less) of trying to set him up. He then hung up.

BucEyedPea
11-06-2012, 11:37 AM
State of the race from inside the Obama campaign via sources:

Locks or close to it: Iowa, NH, Nevada, and Wisconsin
Very Confidant: Ohio
Pretty Good: Virginia
50/50: Florida

Races usually close up and tighten near the end.

Long lines suggest big turnout which favors Ds.

House will remain Republican which is where spending is authorized. Guess who's authorized Obama's spending?

BucEyedPea
11-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Dude, in one interview he not only refused to answer the questions, he accused the host (a Libertarian, no less) of trying to set him up. He then hung up.

I'd like to see it. Maybe he was being baited....and too many call themselves libertarians who really are not.
He's not every libertarian's libertarian though. There's different kinds.

BucEyedPea
11-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Dem Early Vote Lead In Florida Down 70% Over 2008

There's all kinds of spin out there regarding early voters, especially from Team Obama and their allies in the CorruptMedia, but I don’t believe in tea leaves; I believe in numbers. Gallup provided numbers, and those numbers (with a huge 3,300 sample) show Romney winning early voters by a margin of 52-47%. And now we have hard numbers out of Florida showing Democrats well behind their early vote lead when compared to this time last year:

But a Republican yesterday noted that at this point in 2008, Democrats held a 134,774-vote lead in Florida. As of yesterday. Democrats led by less than 41,000 – a nearly 70 percent drop.

The Obama campaign does not dispute those numbers.

For those of you saying, "That's all well and good, but Obama is still ahead," here are more hard numbers: 2.2 million early votes have thus far been cast in the Sunshine State. This isn't a juicy-juice poll, these are cold hard numbers. Among those early votes cast, Democrats are only up 43-41%. Yes, that's still a two point lead, but Romney is winning Independents in Florida by anywhere from 6 to 10%, and thus far 17% of Florida Indies have voted early.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/31/Dem-Early-Vote-Lead-Down-In-FL

Calcountry
11-06-2012, 11:53 AM

There's all kinds of spin out there regarding early voters, especially from Team Obama and their allies in the CorruptMedia, but I don’t believe in tea leaves; I believe in numbers. Gallup provided numbers, and those numbers (with a huge 3,300 sample) show Romney winning early voters by a margin of 52-47%. And now we have hard numbers out of Florida showing Democrats well behind their early vote lead when compared to this time last year:

But a Republican yesterday noted that at this point in 2008, Democrats held a 134,774-vote lead in Florida. As of yesterday. Democrats led by less than 41,000 – a nearly 70 percent drop.

For those of you saying, "That's all well and good, but Obama is still ahead," here are more hard numbers: 2.2 million early votes have thus far been cast in the Sunshine State. This isn't a juicy-juice poll, these are cold hard numbers. Among those early votes cast, Democrats are only up 43-41%. Yes, that's still a two point lead, but Romney is winning Independents in Florida by anywhere from 6 to 10%, and thus far 17% of Florida Indies have voted early. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/31/Dem-Early-Vote-Lead-Down-In-FLThis is more and more reminding me of Baghdad Bob. I could be wrong though.

htismaqe
11-06-2012, 12:22 PM
I'd like to see it. Maybe he was being baited....and too many call themselves libertarians who really are not.
He's not every libertarian's libertarian though. There's different kinds.

Sorry but he didn't come of as a Libertarian AT ALL.

At first he sounded like a seasoned politician. And by the end, he sounded like a punk bitch.

cosmo20002
11-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Why should we vote for a party that has put in no grass roots effort to get their members elected to statehouses and Congress?

They are mostly just interested in the grass, not so much the grass roots.

cosmo20002
11-06-2012, 12:26 PM

Yes. The night, not so much for patteau and his ilk.

BigCatDaddy
11-06-2012, 12:40 PM

For those of you saying, "That's all well and good, but Obama is still ahead," here are more hard numbers: 2.2 million early votes have thus far been cast in the Sunshine State. This isn't a juicy-juice poll, these are cold hard numbers. Among those early votes cast, Democrats are only up 43-41%. Yes, that's still a two point lead, but Romney is winning Independents in Florida by anywhere from 6 to 10%, and thus far 17% of Florida Indies have voted early.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/31/Dem-Early-Vote-Lead-Down-In-FL

There is a 92% chance that this didn't happen. :eek:

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Yes. The night, not so much for patteau and his ilk.

Well, I am of his ilk...and still plan on having a fun night. :p

Deberg_1990
11-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Anyone else think this is going to be a replay of 2000? The winner of the election will lose the popular vote.

SNR
11-06-2012, 03:01 PM

Yeah... I'm calling Florida for Obama if he's up in early voting.

And if Florida goes Obama, this bitch is already over. Mitt loses HUGE

Captain Obvious
11-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I've read a lot about all of these early voting numbers and the general consensus is Obama doesn't have the lead that he had in 2008. Yet nobody even tries to recognize that there might be other variables as to why he doesn't have as much of a lead. Is early voter turnout for the GOP higher this time around? The Obama campaign wasn't the only one pushing early voting, Romney was as well.

J Diddy
11-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Anyone else think this is going to be a replay of 2000? The winner of the election will lose the popular vote.

Statistically there is a slim chance so I'm going with no. I gotta say, it's going to be decisive one way or another.

tooge
11-06-2012, 03:27 PM
I've read a lot about all of these early voting numbers and the general consensus is Obama doesn't have the lead that he had in 2008. Yet nobody even tries to recognize that there might be other variables as to why he doesn't have as much of a lead. Is early voter turnout for the GOP higher this time around? The Obama campaign wasn't the only one pushing early voting, Romney was as well.

I would think the Romney vote would be later, since they generally can't vote till after work.

WoodDraw
11-06-2012, 03:41 PM
How do you get this job where you sit around at a table on CNN and make shit up for hours before there's any news to report? We have plenty of people here that are more than capable of that!

J Diddy
11-06-2012, 03:46 PM
How do you get this job where you sit around at a table on CNN and make shit up for hours before there's any news to report? We have plenty of people here that are more than capable of that!

Binders full of cnn hosts. Binders.

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 03:49 PM

Blah, blah, blah... poll weighting... blah, blah, blah... white vote... blah, blah, blah... Ohio... blah, blah, blah...

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 04:00 PM
NJ governor decides to extend voting -- which is something he can't do.

Brock
11-06-2012, 04:03 PM
NJ governor decides to extend voting -- which is something he can't do.

What a TRAITOR!!!!

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 04:04 PM
What a TRAITOR!!!!

It's bad though - because anyone who thinks they have until Friday are getting screwed out of their vote (at least for president).

patteeu
11-06-2012, 04:13 PM
They are mostly just interested in the grass, not so much the grass roots.

LMAO

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Any release of data yet? I heard they quarantined the exit polls this time around.

There's all kind of anecdotal stuff in the Twitterverse/Blogosphere, but I'm not going to post any of it.

patteeu
11-06-2012, 04:17 PM

You're right to be skeptical. Most accounts have democrat early voting numbers down from 2008 and GOP early voting numbers up from 2008 but dems still holding a turnout edge. It's not clear, though, how many of these early voters are the kind of low-propensity voters who would have a good chance of staying home if they waited until election day and how many are rain-or-shine dependable voters that are being cannibalized.

alnorth
11-06-2012, 04:19 PM
anecdote: I live in a dark-blue precinct in Des Moines. I voted at about the same time of day as last time. It was busier than 2008 with a long line of young-looking people waiting to do same-day registration.

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 04:20 PM
I am reading that VA has HUGE turnout especially northern VA.

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Just a quarter of those surveyed in the exit poll say they are better off than four years ago.

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 04:23 PM
About 4 in 10 say they think the nation's economy is on the mend, but more say that things are getting worse or are bad and stagnating.

Chocolate Hog
11-06-2012, 04:23 PM
I am reading that VA has HUGE turnout especially northern VA.

That isn't good for Romney.

patteeu
11-06-2012, 04:25 PM
That isn't good for Romney.

There were a billion mormons voting at the polling place I go to. I'm not sure how to read that though.

Chocolate Hog
11-06-2012, 04:26 PM
There were a billion mormons voting at the polling place I go to. I'm not sure how to read that though.

You live in Northern VA?

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 04:29 PM

The end times are near?

patteeu
11-06-2012, 04:30 PM
You live in Northern VA?

No, and it wasn't really a billion.

Dallas Chief
11-06-2012, 04:31 PM
I honestly don't know the answer to this, but... Is it OK for churches to be using there buses and vans to take people to the polls? Hear many reports o this on the news today. Just curious...Thx!

J Diddy
11-06-2012, 04:31 PM
No, and it wasn't really a billion.

Damn, now you're talking like Romney.

J Diddy
11-06-2012, 04:32 PM
I honestly don't know the answer to this, but... Is it OK for churches to be using there buses and vans to take people to the polls? Hear many reports o this on the news today. Just curious...Thx!

You should make them walk...up hill..both ways....

Of course it's ok.

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 04:32 PM

I think so. I wouldn't know why not.

alnorth
11-06-2012, 04:35 PM

Yep. They can't tell people how to vote, but just a generic "you should vote, and we'll help you" is fine.

alnorth
11-06-2012, 04:36 PM
The Virginia board of elections and the Florida SOS are reporting record turnout, higher than 2008.

I think thats a really bad sign for Romney.

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 04:36 PM
You live in Northern VA?

GOP is over-performing -- it is a matter of whether or not the DEMs can keep pace...

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 04:37 PM

Sure.

You're just not supposed to fill out their ballot for them... ;)

oldandslow
11-06-2012, 04:38 PM
GOP is over-performing -- it is a matter of whether or not the DEMs can keep pace...

Right....

Dallas Chief
11-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Yep. They can't tell people how to vote, but just a generic "you should vote, and we'll help you" is fine.

Thx all! Just wasn't sure if this crossed the line of church and state thing.

petegz28
11-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Exit polls show:

EC votes for Obama: 190 locked
EC votes for Romney: 191 locked

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Right....

For those who would like to discard the partisanship for a moment...

GOP is overperforming in many important areas. DEMs are in the same place the GOP was in 2004 where the Kerry campaign overdelivered on their targets but were then completely overwhelmed with Bush exceeded the expected GOP vote.

We're looking at the same dynamic coming into play.

That's my prediction from what I've seen...and by all means the Dems ABSOLUTELY can deliver on that if they get their people out (as I've been saying for weeks)...

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2012, 04:46 PM
As the Exit polls now leak out, remember how inaccurate they have historically been, at least in terms of the 2 waves of polls.

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Yeah... I'm calling Florida for Obama if he's up in early voting.

And if Florida goes Obama, this bitch is already over. Mitt loses HUGEMitt cant under any circumstances lose florida and take the Presidency.

If he loses Florida he can thank the idiot Republican govenor and his attempt keep people from voting by making them stand in line for 6-8 hours to vote. It just pissed people off and made them more determined.

petegz28
11-06-2012, 04:47 PM
As the Exit polls now leak out, remember how inaccurate they have historically been, at least in terms of the 2 waves of polls.

Yes, I take them with a huge grain of salt

oldandslow
Early exits according to Drudge...

EXIT POLLS: RACE TIGHT

R: NC, FL

O: OH, NH, PA, MI, NV

TOSS UP: VA, CO, IA

BigRedChief
As the Exit polls now leak out, remember how inaccurate they have historically been, at least in terms of the 2 waves of polls.Kerry in a landslide in the early exit polls in 2004

oldandslow
11-06-2012, 04:48 PM

In 04 you would be correct...not so much in 08 and 10.

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Drudge has NC, FL leaning Romney and
OH, MI, PA, NV leaning Obama
VA, CO, IA toss up

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 04:50 PM
NJ governor decides to extend voting -- which is something he can't do.who cares. They had a huge storm. It's not going to effect the outcome. Now if that happened in Iowa, colorado etc. that would be different.

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 04:52 PM
VA, CO, IA toss upDrudge is the most biased web site in the world. So wonder what the real results were?:hmmm:

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 04:53 PM
VA, CO, IA toss up

Just about to post that. Looks like an Obama win if that holds true

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Romney has death numbers among VA Evangelicals, but Obama has death numbers on healthcare and economy...

oldandslow
11-06-2012, 04:54 PM

Don't trust exit polls too much...but all in all this is good news for BO if it holds.

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 04:54 PM

Depends on WI, which is strangely absent.

But if the exit polls track this way, which is close to the pre-election polls, then I'd say it's an Obama win.

carlos3652
11-06-2012, 04:55 PM
I heard that VA and OH will lean BO's way due to counties that are heavy democrat are faster at counting or getting the information out... so it might be a long night regardless.

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Depends on WI, which is strangely absent.

But if the exit polls track this way, which is close to the pre-election polls, then I'd say it's an Obama win.

Is Wisconsin your surprise?

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2012, 04:56 PM
They weren't very accurate in the Wisconsin recall election...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And then there's this:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2012/06/07/exit-polls-are-medias-dirty-little-secret

More traditional polling about exit poll participation backs this conclusion up. As pollster Scott Rasmussen stated in 2008, Democrats are simply more eager to respond to exit pollsters than Republicans or independents:

The bottom line is that in every state we polled—Colorado, Florida, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio and Virginia— Democrats are a lot more eager to take exit polls than Republicans.

In five of the six states, a majority of Democrats say they would be Very Likely to participate in the exit polling process. At the same time, in five of the six states, fewer than 40% of Republicans would be willing to do the same.

In every state, Republicans are at least twice as likely as Democrats to say that they are not at all willing to take an exit poll.

Unaffiliated voters tend to align more closely to Republicans in all six states in both willingness and unwillingness to participate in exit polls.

WoodDraw
Drudge is the most biased web site in the world. So wonder what the real results were?:hmmm:

I'm sure that's probably accurate. He always leaks exit polls, because the big boys won't release data until the polls are closed.

BucEyedPea
I'm shocked NH is going for Obama being it's the most libertarian state. ( based on what I've seen in here.) Too many Massholes moved into the southern part of the state. That's unexpected.

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm shocked NH is going for Obama being it's the most libertarian state. ( based on what I've seen in here.) Too many Massholes moved into the southern part of the state. That's unexpected.Just one of many "surprises" in store for you tonight. :harumph:

petegz28
11-06-2012, 04:59 PM
2004 exit polls: CO (Bush +3), FL (-4), NC (+5), NH (-17), OH (-4), PA (-19), VA (+1), WI (-4). All were off.

Cave Johnson
11-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Racial and age mix is apparently similar to 2008.... both would presumably be bad for Romney.

BucEyedPea
11-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Just one of many "surprises" in store for you tonight. :harumph:

Baloney! I will not be surprised by either outcome, since the race is so tight. I am just surprised at NH—tight race or not.

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 05:03 PM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/11/06/exit_polls.html

Here are exit polls being circulated by Republican staffers. They are based on waves one and two, except where noted.

Provided for your enjoyment only. It's probably best to ignore them (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/11/06/ignore_the_exit_polls.html).

7:00 - Virginia - Tied

7:30 - North Carolina - Romney +1

7:30 - Ohio - Obama +4

8:00 - Florida - Romney +1

8:00 - New Hampshire - Obama +3

8:00 - Pennsylvania - Obama +4

9:00 - Colorado - Tied

9:00 - Minnesota - Obama +4

9:00 - Wisconsin - Obama +4

10:00 - Iowa (wave 1) Obama +3

10:00 - Nevada (wave 1) Obama +5

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Baloney! I will not be surprised by either outcome, since the race is so tight. I am just surprised at NH—tight race or not.I was just :Poke:

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Poll of polls reweighted for the actual turnout of 37% DEM, 34% GOP, 29% IND:

Obama: 48.75%
Romney: 49.38%

Obviously doesn't matter in the grand scheme, but passing along now that the exit poll numbers are released...

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 05:08 PM

Here are exit polls being circulated by Republican staffers. They are based on waves one and two, except where noted.

Provided for your enjoyment only. It's probably best to ignore them (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/11/06/ignore_the_exit_polls.html).

10:00 - Nevada (wave 1) Obama +5why would Republican staffers put this out? Looks bad for romney

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:08 PM

10:00 - Nevada (wave 1) Obama +5

Very close to the polls before election... I was hoping we'd know on VA earlier but I guess we'll wait it out until 8pm...

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Very close to the polls before election... I was hoping we'd know on VA earlier but I guess we'll wait it out until 8pm...

What is your thinking on turnout so far?

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:13 PM
What is your thinking on turnout so far?

You mean party ID?

The exit polls were 37 DEM - 34 GOP - 29 IND

White vote was 73%

What's funny is all these things are right on the edge of where they could tip either way, but right now that ever-so-slight lean, based on the exit polls, favors Obama.

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 05:14 PM
You mean party ID?

The exit polls were 37 DEM - 34 GOP - 29 IND

White vote was 73%

What's funny is all these things are right on the edge of where they could tip either way, but right now that ever-so-slight lean, based on the exit polls, favors Obama.

Yeah that is what I meant. I guess I should have saw your earlier post. That matches up with most of the polling in states in the last weeks...

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Scott Brown and Liz Warren are tied in exit poll.

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Yeah that is what I meant. I guess I should have saw your earlier post. That matches up with most of the polling in states in the last weeks...

Well that's the national number, so individual states could be higher/lower obviously...

SNR
11-06-2012, 05:17 PM
why would Republican staffers put this out? Looks bad for romney

That's what I'm wondering. Mittens gets raped if those stats hold true for the rest of the vote tallies.

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 05:18 PM
50% of country blames Bush for economy :)

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Has the election been called for Stein/Hawkins yet? I can't stay up all night watching.

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Need to know the IND breakdown of the vote to Obama and Romney to know where it goes...

OHIO Romney gets 49%-48% on best to handle the economy
OHIO economy getting better - 37%, getting worse/same - 62%
OHIO enthusiastic/satisfied with Obama - 48%, dissatisfied or angry at Obama - 50%

VA Romney gets 53%-45% lead on best to handle economy
VA economy getting better 43% - getting worse/same - 56%
VA enthusiastic/satisfied with Obama - 50%, dissatisfied or angry at Obama - 48%

petegz28
11-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Take it all with a grain of salt:

FL: Romney tally already ahead of McCain

D advantage: +3 as opposed to forecast +6 - +11

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:22 PM

I don't get the importance of beating McCain in and of itself. Just don't understand the significance of beating a loser?

It's nice, but doesn't really tell you anything without the other end of the equation needed to figure out who wins...

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 05:23 PM

Not surprised I always thought Florida was out of reach.

petegz28
I don't get the importance of beating McCain in and of itself. Just don't understand the significance of beating a loser?

It's nice, but doesn't really tell you anything without the other end of the equation needed to figure out who wins...

I guess it refelcts overall turnout by the base?

There is some merit in doing better than McCain in some situations.

petegz28
Not surprised I always thought Florida was out of reach.

I should say I don't know if the D+3 was for FL or what?

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 05:25 PM
I should say I don't know if the D+3 was for FL or what?

You posted it you should know :p

petegz28
Noise:

States begin to tighten as tradtional GOP voters end their work day and vote.

Ohio moving into toss up

RINGLEADER
First evidence of exit polls being way off:

72% claim Star Wars prequels are better than originals...

[yes, I stole that from a conservative twitterer-er]

cosmo20002
11-06-2012, 05:26 PM

Game over, man.

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:26 PM
I guess it refelcts overall turnout by the base?

There is some merit in doing better than McCain in some situations.

That's what I was trying to say earlier -- that the GOP has got huge turnout, and it's up to the Dems to out-overwhelm it...

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 05:27 PM
BTW I have decided not to watch TV tonight going to follow all of this via twitter and the Internet

petegz28
11-06-2012, 05:28 PM
That's what I was trying to say earlier -- that the GOP has got huge turnout, and it's up to the Dems to out-overwhelm it...

Where the "beat MCain numbers" comes into play is in places like Ohio. Obama won Ohio by 5%. McCain actually beat Obama in Ohio on election day. Theory being if Romney outdoes McCain that would swing points his way and away from Obama. A 3 point swing from 08 gives Romney Ohio.

petegz28
11-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Non-newsflash noise:

GOP poised to keep the House

cosmo20002
11-06-2012, 05:33 PM
McCain's campaign manager currently on TV giving Romney tips on how to gracefully concede.

ROFLROFLROFL

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 05:34 PM
BTW I have decided not to watch TV tonight going to follow all of this via twitter and the InternetI do both. Got hundreds of feeds I follow so it is a little information overload.

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Noise:

States begin to tighten as tradtional GOP voters end their work day and vote.

Ohio moving into toss uplets see if its a toss up in 1.5 hours.

patteeu
11-06-2012, 05:35 PM
McCain's campaign manager currently on TV giving Romney tips on how to gracefully concede.

ROFLROFLROFL

That's weird since Romney gave the best concession speech of the entire 2008 cycle.

petegz28
11-06-2012, 05:36 PM
With less than 1% in

NH:

Obama: 65%
Romney: 33%

Indiana:

Obama: 36%
Romney 64%

Kentucky:

Obama: 30%
Romney: 69%

cosmo20002
11-06-2012, 05:37 PM
That's weird since Romney gave the best concession speech of the entire 2008 cycle.

With so much practice, the one tonight should be amazing.

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 05:39 PM
With so much practice, the one tonight should be amazing.ROFL

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:41 PM
BTW I have decided not to watch TV tonight going to follow all of this via twitter and the Internet

Why? Do both? CNN has a doo-dad that changes the color of the Empire State Building.

KOOOOOL!

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:42 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

The bald dude? He's an idiot, so it wouldn't surprise me...

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:43 PM
lets see if its a toss up in 1.5 hours.

If the exits are correct it's going to take more than 1.5 hours unfortunately...

WoodDraw

I had CNN on, but could. not. take. it. I have a few live blogs open, but I'm mostly ignoring everything for another hour. There's nothing to talk about yet.

RINGLEADER
I do both. Got hundreds of feeds I follow so it is a little information overload.

It's crazy fun though...

BigRedChief
The bald dude? He's an idiot, so it wouldn't surprise me...not as stupid as his VP pick for McCain.

patteeu
11-06-2012, 05:44 PM
With so much practice, the one tonight should be amazing.

Be sure to stay up and wait for it.

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:45 PM
not as stupid as his VP pick for McCain.

Yeah, I agree. If I was that guy I'd be afraid to show my face...

cdcox
11-06-2012, 05:45 PM
I heard some exit poll data that the electorate looks a lot like 2008 in terms of minority turnout, under 30 voters, etc. Dems still lead, but not by as big of margin as 2008. Still early, so the demographics could change, but looks good for Obama.

Overall mood of the electorate is more conservative and more populist. So that could be good news for Romeny and/or long term outlook for Repubs.

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 05:46 PM
I had CNN on, but could. not. take. it. I have a few live blogs open, but I'm moistly ignoring everything for another hour. There's nothing to talk about yet.Andrew Kaczynski ‏<s>@</s>BuzzFeedAndrew (https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew) When does the Tupac hologram perform before the CNN virtual Senate?

petegz28
I heard some exit poll data that the electorate looks a lot like 2008 in terms of minority turnout, under 30 voters, etc. Dems still lead, but not by as big of margin as 2008. Still early, so the demographics could change, but looks good for Obama.

Overall mood of the electorate is more conservative and more populist. So that could be good news for Romeny and/or long term outlook for Repubs.

So you're saying that either Obama or Romney will win?

CaliforniaChief
With less than 1% in

NH:

Obama: 65%
Romney: 33%

Indiana:

Obama: 36%
Romney 64%

Kentucky:

Obama: 30%
Romney: 69%

Are those NH numbers from Hart's Crossing and Dixville Notch? LMAO

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:47 PM

That's what the exit polls show.

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Andrew Kaczynski ‏<s>@</s>BuzzFeedAndrew (https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew) When does the Tupac hologram perform before the CNN virtual Senate?

LMAO
CNN is ditching the hologram this year, unfortunately.

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Overall mood of the electorate is more conservative and more populist. So that could be good news for Romeny and/or long term outlook for Repubs.Long term the Republicans are toast unless they turn around the 70/30 split with Hispanics.

cdcox
So you're saying that either Obama or Romney will win?

I've thought for a long time Obama will win but I try not to be total homer.

RINGLEADER
Long term the Republicans are toast unless they turn around the 70/30 split with Hispanics.

Or deport all of them... ;)

cosmo20002
11-06-2012, 05:50 PM
ROFL

And it's important, too. Think about it--his concession is essentially his kickoff for the 2016 campaign.

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Andrew Kaczynski ‏<s>@</s>BuzzFeedAndrew (https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew) RT <s>@</s>GregMitch (https://twitter.com/GregMitch): CNN reporter Hamby says he got internal polls from Romney friend showing Obama with 5% lead in Ohio yesterday.

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Andrew Kaczynski ‏<s>@</s>BuzzFeedAndrew (https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew) RT <s>@</s>GregMitch (https://twitter.com/GregMitch): CNN reporter Hamby says he got internal polls from Romney friend showing Obama with 5% lead in Ohio yesterday.

We'll know in a couple hours!

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Fox news just gave a tutorial on how to read their ticker

DaKCMan AP
11-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Fox news just gave a tutorial on how to read their ticker

Most of their viewers need a tutorial on how to read.

petegz28
11-06-2012, 05:53 PM
51% of Government Workers in Virginia concentrated in the Northern Part of the state voted for Romney..very interesting

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 05:54 PM
We'll know in a couple hours!Obama is prepared.
POLITICO ‏<s>@</s>politico (https://twitter.com/politico) Obama: I have two speeches prepared http://politi.co/Wx4v6k (http://t.co/nhORPUFx)

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Howard Fineman ‏<s>@</s>howardfineman (https://twitter.com/howardfineman) I said on Hardball at 5 that sources told me turnout high in PA and VA... a first sign, it seems.

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Most of their viewers need a tutorial on how to read.welllll I was trying to not go over the top of the intelligence of fox News watchers.

petegz28
11-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Exit polls: Electorate slightly more Republican than 2008

petegz28
11-06-2012, 05:57 PM
With 4% in:

Indiana:

Obama: 38%
Romney: 61%

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Candy Crowley said romney's internal polls that she was shown by staffers show him down 5 points in Ohio.

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 05:59 PM
With 4% in:

Indiana:

Obama: 38%
Romney: 61%

Only race I care about in IN is if that dumb-bucket Mourdock wins or not...

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Howard Fineman ‏<s>@</s>howardfineman (https://twitter.com/howardfineman) I said on Hardball at 5 that sources told me turnout high in PA and VA... a first sign, it seems.He also said that the romney camp is already spinning the results.

DaKCMan AP
11-06-2012, 06:00 PM
CNN projects Vermont to Obama
CNN projects Kentucky to Romney

petegz28
11-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Fox call Kentucky for Romney

Chocolate Hog
11-06-2012, 06:01 PM
VA too close to call.

Romney wins Indiana & Kentucky.

Obama wins Vermont.

petegz28
Fox calls Indiana for Romney

stonedstooge
ABC, NBC and CBS declare O'Bama the winner yet?

banyon
IND , KY - ROMNEY

VT - OBAMA

GA, VA TOO CLOSE/EARLY

dirk digler
shocking news lol

petegz28
Indiana is first Obama state to fall to Romney

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Indiana is first Obama state to fall to Romneyyet, no surprise.

alnorth
11-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Don't read anything into SC or GA. They didn't exit poll every state, and I bet those are on the list not exit polled.

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2012, 06:04 PM
OP updated.

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 06:05 PM
CNN is reporting on air that in the swing state of Florida, preliminary exit polls show that white voters make up 67 percent of the electorate in the Sunshine State, down from 71 percent in 2008, and Latino voters make up 16 percent, up from 14 percent in 2008.

BigRedChief
Chuck Todd ‏<s>@</s>chucktodd (https://twitter.com/chucktodd) When you hear "too early to call" from us in a state that is predictable, it simply means we didn't exit poll it, need to wait for raw vote

petegz28
Could you vote for a pol with the name of "Crooks"??? LMAO

alnorth

Romney is a dead man if thats true.

However, I'd be interested to know if thats early exits or poll-closing exits. Early exits are crap.

WoodDraw
11-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I know everyone's focused on the prez, but if any of you are following important senate/house/ballot measures, post some updates. My memory is too shit to remember where to look for all of them.

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 06:06 PM
CNN projects Vermont to Obama
CNN projects Kentucky to Romney

Nate Silver says there is a 77% chance that Romney wins Utah...

petegz28
11-06-2012, 06:07 PM
With 1% in:

Florida:

Obama 34%
Romney 65%

patteeu
IND , KY - ROMNEY

VT - OBAMA

GA, VA TOO CLOSE/EARLY

So far, my electoral map is perfect!

RINGLEADER
Romney up 12-points with INDs in VA...

Obama up 5-points with women

Obama up 20-points with youngsters

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Romney up 12-points with INDs in VA...

that is a great number for Romney if true

alnorth
11-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I know everyone's focused on the prez, but if any of you are following important senate/house/ballot measures, post some updates. My memory is too shit to remember where to look for all of them.

Some context is needed for the Senate. The seats that happen to be up heavily favor the GOP. If the GOP suffers a total disaster tonight, the Dems would probably gain only about 2 seats. If the GOP nets 1 seat, the Dems should take that and be happy.

A total disaster favoring the GOP would be them taking over control of the Senate by a margin of 52-48.

petegz28
11-06-2012, 06:09 PM

More importantly Romney got 51% of government workers in VA which are in the northern part, an Obama stronghold. If that holds true Romney might have VA

Count Alex's Wins
11-06-2012, 06:10 PM
HELL YEAH BITCHES. ROMNEY TAKING THIS SHIT ALREADY.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcbpkc57CO1qzhl5do1_500.gif

Chocolate Hog
Great a whole night of reading AL North's ramblings.

DaKCMan AP
4% in FL

Obama 55%
Romney 45%

petegz28
News of note:

Vigo County in Indiana has picked every single president since Eisenhower...with 70% of vote in..Romney is up 2

LiveSteam
HELL YEAH BITCHES. ROMNEY TAKING THIS SHIT ALREADY.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcbpkc57CO1qzhl5do1_500.gif

You crazy cracker LMAOLMAO

WoodDraw
11-06-2012, 06:11 PM
With 1% in:

Florida:

Obama 34%
Romney 65%

4%

55% O

RINGLEADER
11-06-2012, 06:11 PM

Yeah, the state was R+3 in 2008 so either there is a lot of cross-over or the Dems turnout in VA is better than the national average.

petegz28
11-06-2012, 06:12 PM
4%

55% O

Yes, that's with 4% in. Florida is going to go back and forth all night, methinks

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Why are they releasing numbers from Florida when the panhandle is still voting?

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah, the state was R+3 in 2008 so either there is a lot of cross-over or the Dems turnout in VA is better than the national average.

From everything that I have read and has been reported VA had huge turnout.

petegz28
11-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Why are they releasing numbers from Florida when the panhandle is still voting?

That's a great question

alnorth
11-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Ohio exits: 75% approved of the bailout. 23% opposed.

petegz28
11-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Ohio exits: 75% approved of the bailout. 23% opposed.

WRONG!

That's 75% who approved of the bailout went Obama

DaKCMan AP
11-06-2012, 06:19 PM
5% in FL

Obama 50
Romney 50

petegz28
With 5% in:

Florida:

Obama: 50%
Romney: 50%

WoodDraw
What results site are you all using?

petegz28
11-06-2012, 06:20 PM
8% Florida

Romney 50
Obama 48

petegz28
11-06-2012, 06:21 PM
What results site are you all using?

I'm just watching Fox cuse Kirsten Powers and Jenna Lee are fucking hot

petegz28
11-06-2012, 06:21 PM
1%

VA

Obama 44
Romney 55

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 06:22 PM
4%

55% Olooked like on cnn is a lot of votes from Orlando. A dem stronghold but they said it was still up from 2008.

Chocolate Hog
19-3 Romney

Chocolate Hog
Ugh Murdock is losing

petegz28
11-06-2012, 06:23 PM
11%

Fla

Obama 50
Romney 49

WoodDraw
I'm just watching Fox cuse Kirsten Powers and Jenna Lee are fucking hot

Hah, fair enough. You're right - Florida will be a long one.

It keeps switching back and forth. Obama 50%, Romney 49% 12%

RINGLEADER
From everything that I have read and has been reported VA had huge turnout.

What's strange is the +5 with women and the Romney carrying 51% of government workers...not sure I buy it...

mlyonsd
11-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't understand anyone answering an exit poll question. I'd think you'd have an ax to grind.

petegz28
Romney back on top in Florida by 1

BigRedChief
19-3 Romneywho cares. Obama has 100 EC votes all locked up on the west coast. It's all about Ohio, Virgina, Florida.

Saul Good

It keeps switching back and forth. Obama 50%, Romney 49% 12%

The panhandle (Central timezone) is the most conservative part of the state.

dirk digler
11-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Andrew Kaczynski ‏<s>@</s>BuzzFeedAndrew (https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew) RT <s>@</s>NKingofDC (https://twitter.com/NKingofDC): Exit polls are exit polls, but Va. as of now is showing +6 D in party ID. Much-criticized skew may hold in actual reality

SNR
According to an early exit poll there's an 82% chance of an exit poll being 62% bullshit

Chocolate Hog
who cares. Obama has 100 EC votes all locked up on the west coast. It's all about Ohio, Virgina, Florida.

Just posting something different than Florida.

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 06:26 PM

It keeps switching back and forth. Obama 50%, Romney 49% 12%and really stupid for the campaigns to stay in Ohio so much. You have 11 more EC votes in Florida than Ohio.

petegz28
11-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Florida is gonna go back and forth for a while, obviously

petegz28
11-06-2012, 06:27 PM
According to an early exit poll there's an 82% chance of an exit poll being 62% bullshit

HEY! when it comes to exit polls, 60% of the time they're right every time!

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 06:27 PM
According to an early exit poll there's an 82% chance of an exit poll being 62% bullshitROFL

DaKCMan AP
11-06-2012, 06:28 PM
18% in FL

Obama 50
Romney 49

RINGLEADER

With Nate Silver confirming that in his statistical models 91% of the time.

cosmo20002

Seems low. What's the margin of error?

alnorth
11-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Ohio exits: D+9

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Maybe we report and post states every 5%?

-King-
11-06-2012, 06:30 PM
There's a couple posters that I hope will be on later on tonight...

If they're not, then my entertainment for tonight has just disappeared.

Chocolate Hog
11-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Chuck Todd ‏@chucktodd
Talking to some Senate insiders, and apparently the Libertarian candidate is taking more votes from Donnelly than Mourdock. Why it's close

-King-
CNN is projecting West Virginia to Romney. +5 electoral points

cosmo20002
Ohio exits: D+9

Fox just said OH exits are showing "neck and neck."

petegz28
Fox calls Wv for Romney

DaKCMan AP
11-06-2012, 06:32 PM
23% in FL

Obama 52
Romney 48

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Florida is gonna go back and forth for a while, obviously52% for Obama with 23% in.

alnorth
11-06-2012, 06:33 PM
we're almost at the point where you can break out the calculator and do "who hasn't reported yet?" math in FL.

DaKCMan AP
11-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Early results show Obama over-performing in precincts he won in 2008 in FL.

CaliforniaChief
OP updated for WV.

Still not sure why they're reporting votes in a state where the POLLS ARE STILL OPEN.

petegz28
52% for Obama with 23% in.

Hang onto that feeling

Saul Good
we're almost at the point where you can break out the calculator and do "who hasn't reported yet?" math in FL.

The entire panhandle hasn't reported yet.

RINGLEADER
18% in FL

Obama 50
Romney 49

The panhandle counts for +4/+5, but it really comes down to how Miami-Dade and Broward fall in...

Chocolate Hog
There's a couple posters that I hope will be on later on tonight...

If they're not, then my entertainment for tonight has just disappeared.

Donger, Pat, and Saulgood.

Donger will ask a lot of questions about voter fraud.

Pat will use RNC talking points.

And Saul will use some awful comparisons.

mlyonsd
11-06-2012, 06:35 PM
I wish I didn't have to wait so long to hear about South Dakota.

DaKCMan AP
11-06-2012, 06:35 PM
The panhandle counts for +4/+5, but it really comes down to how Miami-Dade and Broward fall in...

Right. It's early, but so far Obama is performing better in Broward/Dade/Orlando/Tampa than he did in 2008.

stonedstooge
11-06-2012, 06:36 PM

Those 2 counties always keep it interesting don't they?

BigRedChief
11-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Early results show Obama over-performing in precincts he won in 2008 in FL.man I hope that holds up. I'd love for Florida to end Romney's night.

Chocolate Hog
11-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Virgil Goode making it too close to call in VA ROFL

Count Alex's Wins
I'd smash her shit.

http://i.imgur.com/YblrS.jpg

DaKCMan AP
26% in FL

Obama 51
Romney 48