PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Whole Foods Organics...product of China lolz

KILLER_CLOWN
11-06-2012, 12:00 AM
<iframe width="725" height="544" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JQ31Ljd9T_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KILLER_CLOWN
11-06-2012, 12:03 AM
<iframe width="725" height="544" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q_xSlntJRVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="725" height="408" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JzQ0-xVj3xo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cosmo20002
11-06-2012, 12:10 AM
So, Whole Foods has been busted for selling GMO foods, although they never said they didn't and actually said they did? Hard-hitting stuff.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-06-2012, 12:12 AM
So, Whole Foods has been busted for selling GMO foods, although they never said they didn't and actually said they did? Hard-hitting stuff.

try again?

Perhaps you can't/didn't/don't want to read/watch.

let me help you out, Their own brand labeled ORGANIC, is imported from China and has no oversight.
Just to let you know I shop there and read the labels, if it STATES ORGANIC on the label it damn well
better be Organic.

cosmo20002
11-06-2012, 12:34 AM
try again?

Perhaps you can't/didn't/don't want to read/watch.

let me help you out, Their own brand labeled ORGANIC, is imported from China and has no oversight.
Just to let you know I shop there and read the labels, if it STATES ORGANIC on the label it damn well
better be Organic.

I watched part of the 2nd video where they showed a statement from Whole Foods saying they sold GMO foods and where they talked to a WF rep who said, "We never said we didn't sell GMO." Then they concluded that they busted WF.

If there is a specific product that says "Organic" and it isn't, that is a problem, but I didn't see that in the video, and I admittedly didn't watch all of all of them. I just know that the 2nd one seems like BS.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-06-2012, 12:35 AM
I watched part of the 2nd video where they showed a statement from Whole Foods saying they sold GMO foods and where they talked to a WF rep who said, "We never said we didn't sell GMO." Then they concluded that they busted WF.

If there is a specific product that says "Organic" and it isn't, that is a problem, but I didn't see that in the video, and I admittedly didn't watch all of all of them. I just know that the 2nd one seems like BS.

The first video is the one i'm referring to, the 2nd video has some legitimate concerns as well.

cosmo20002
11-06-2012, 01:33 AM
The first video is the one i'm referring to, the 2nd video has some legitimate concerns as well.

So the first one says that some of the organic foods are from China, and they are marked as China on the label. And there is no evidence that they are not organic. Eh.

NewChief
11-06-2012, 06:10 AM
I really dislike Whole Foods, and I'm thankful that we have a locally-owned natural food cooperative here, instead.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-06-2012, 12:00 PM
So the first one says that some of the organic foods are from China, and they are marked as China on the label. And there is no evidence that they are not organic. Eh.

There is no oversight in China, therefore it can't be guaranteed to be organic.

BucEyedPea
11-06-2012, 12:05 PM
I really dislike Whole Foods, and I'm thankful that we have a locally-owned natural food cooperative here, instead.

I've been traveling to different cities on weekends and my co-workers all have to get stuff at Whole Foods. I never heard of it before because we have our own organic store here that is not a chain and some coops. So this surprises me.

Brock
11-06-2012, 12:07 PM
There is no oversight in China, therefore it can't be guaranteed to be organic.

Lover of big government.

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2012, 12:10 PM
The need to continue to grow profits has pushed Whole Foods to do all kinds of things. I almost never go there anymore it's a complete ripoff.

Fish
11-06-2012, 12:31 PM
This shouldn't really be a surprise. The entire "Organic" industry experiences the same thing. Regulating all of it is impossible, and even if it were possible, it would raise food prices so much it wouldn't be worth it.

GMOs are in everything. Deal with it. They've been in everything for a long time.

Unless you grow it yourself, you can't trust somebody else to tell you what's happened to your food. Don't trust the manufacturer, they'll tell you anything to get you to buy more product. Don't trust the government, they don't have the resources or capacity to provide effective regulation. Either grow your own, or accept that you have no clue what's in the food you eat.