PDA

View Full Version : Elections Will Romney run and win the nomination in 2016?

La literatura
11-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Never too early . . .

tredadda
11-06-2012, 11:55 PM
No on both questions

jd1020
11-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Romney will never again be elected to represent the Republican party.

He's a horrible candidate.

listopencil
11-07-2012, 12:04 AM
I think he'll try to run because people around him will make him think he has a chance. I think he'll be one of those guys that throws his hat in the ring, then bows out early when it's clear that he doesn't really have any support. I see nothing special about the guy.

Aries Walker
11-07-2012, 12:05 AM
First of all, he'll be four years older. Second of all, Republican candidates don't get many second - err, make that third - chances.

SNR
11-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Do you think the Democrats will dust off the ol' war horse John Kerry in 2016?

Taco John
11-07-2012, 12:08 AM
He has no chance. He's a stained loser.

The Republican party is now on the long road to recovery. They tried to get one last fix with an establishment candidate. They told themselves that it would be enough to carry them over. The hated Obama enough, and had more than enough money. What they forgot is that they need a message. Hating Obama isn't a message. You have to actually believe in something. What does Mitt Romney believe in? Everything. He's not right for the job.

The next Republican will be formidable. He'll have a clear and inspirational message. He'll speak to the entirety of the Reagan coalition, from libertarian, to blue-dog democrats. And he'll win big.

Taco John
11-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Do you think the Democrats will dust off the ol' war horse John Kerry in 2016?

I will be surprised if Elizabeth Warren isn't somewhere in the picture. I'm thinking it will be Rand Paul vs. Elizabeth Warren right now.

La literatura

The Republican party is now on the long road to recovery. They tried to get one last fix with an establishment candidate. They told themselves that it would be enough to carry them over. The hated Obama enough, and had more than enough money. What they forgot is that they need a message. Hating Obama isn't a message. You have to actually believe in something. What does Mitt Romney believe in? Everything. He's not right for the job.

The next Republican will be formidable. He'll have a clear and inspirational message. He'll speak to the entirety of the Reagan coalition, from libertarian, to blue-dog democrats. And he'll win big.

So, Ron Paul, right?

Taco John
So, Ron Paul, right?

Close.

BWillie
11-07-2012, 12:12 AM
I think republicans are completely screwed from here onward unless obama reallly reallly screws the pooch. They are going to lose alt of old white guys and replaced by young hispanics. If they dont get the hispanic vote they might as well start a new party. That Rubio guy should do everything he can to be aligned with the 2016 race

SNR
11-07-2012, 12:14 AM
I'd rather elect Ricky Rubio than Marco Rubio

duncan_idaho
11-07-2012, 12:20 AM
I will be surprised if Elizabeth Warren isn't somewhere in the picture. I'm thinking it will be Rand Paul vs. Elizabeth Warren right now.

Nah.

Within the next six months, Hilary Clinton resigns as Secretary of State.

She spends six months to a year in retirement (writing a book).

She releases the book and campaigns in key areas during mid-term elections.

And then runs for president in 2016.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Rand Paul 2016, that is if we still exist as a first world nation.

ClevelandBronco
Rand Paul 2016, that is if we still exist as a first world nation.

Pretty much this.

Chocolate Hog

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/150511_424791694254524_1749569092_n.jpg

Kyle DeLexus
11-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Christie

Taco John
11-07-2012, 01:17 AM
I think republicans are completely screwed from here onward unless obama reallly reallly screws the pooch. They are going to lose alt of old white guys and replaced by young hispanics. If they dont get the hispanic vote they might as well start a new party. That Rubio guy should do everything he can to be aligned with the 2016 race

Rubio is damaged goods. He's got a lot of scandal surrounding him that is red meat for democrats. He's going to have a much tougher road to the nomination than Christie, Rand Paul, or Paul Ryan. It's why he was passed over for VP.

Saccopoo
11-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Romney will never again be elected to represent the Republican party.

He's a horrible candidate.

Bingo.

I've been out of politics for a while now after being very active previously.

I'm sure that this was Mitt's last chance.

Huntsman was gaining serious ground on him in the primaries, but bowed out of South Carolina - after the SC paper endorsed him. I'm pretty sure that because Mitt removed himself from the 2008 race early that the GOP told him that he'd be the guy in 2012. And I'm pretty sure that's the reason Huntsman went out early after gaining a ton of momentum at that point.

Huntsman will be the 2016 GOP nominee based on what looks to be SOP for that party.

And I'm okay with that. Decent guy. And I rarely vote GOP. But if Huntsman gets the nod, I'll probably go that route.

BWillie
11-07-2012, 01:25 AM
Rubio is damaged goods. He's got a lot of scandal surrounding him that is red meat for democrats. He's going to have a much tougher road to the nomination than Christie, Rand Paul, or Paul Ryan. It's why he was passed over for VP.

So what? What have we learned about racial demographics. Every race except whiteys will blindly vote for whatever candidate is the same race as them. Its just the way it is.

ChiefsCountry
11-07-2012, 01:30 AM
So what? What have we learned about racial demographics. Every race except whiteys will blindly vote for whatever candidate is the same race as them. Its just the way it is.

I would have loved to seen this theory in action with say somebody like Herman Cain vs Obammy.

SNR
11-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Bingo.

Huntsman was gaining serious ground on him in the primaries, but bowed out of South Carolina - after the SC paper endorsed him. I'm pretty sure that because Mitt removed himself from the 2008 race early that the GOP told him that he'd be the guy in 2012. And I'm pretty sure that's the reason Huntsman went out early after gaining a ton of momentum at that point.

Huntsman will be the 2016 GOP nominee based on what looks to be SOP for that party.

And I'm okay with that. Decent guy. And I rarely vote GOP. But if Huntsman gets the nod, I'll probably go that route.
I know the GOP needs to change, but the candidate they elect also needs to pay lip service to the party a bit. I think conservatives didn't really embrace Romney until the first debate, and after that the campaign sort of went on coast and didn't pick up that momentum. The base wasn't ever really that energized.

Either the GOP adapts to Huntsman or Huntsman learns how to lie like a good politician and say the right things to the Republican base.

Chocolate Hog
11-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Bingo.

Your political takes are worse than your o-linemen rants. Jon Huntsman? That guy fucking sucks.

BWillie
11-07-2012, 01:38 AM
I would have loved to seen this theory in action with say somebody like Herman Cain vs Obammy.

Well they are both black ldo. But surely republicans would have had at least 5% more of the black vote. 43% of white ppl or close to it voted for obama in 2008. About 90% of blacks voted for obama. And the only ones that didnt were usually military. I just find it unimaginable that the disparity is so high between each race on who they vote for. It is almost not a factor what race the candidate is for whites. But its the number one factor when it comes to african americans.

ROYC75
11-07-2012, 01:45 AM
At this time, Christie or Paul is the likely 2 that will be the nomination.

SNR
11-07-2012, 01:51 AM
Kind of sad nobody laughed at my Rubio joke

DementedLogic
11-07-2012, 01:52 AM
The grassroots are already organizing in Washington State. Rand Paul is much more political savvy than his father. He spends more time telling Republicans why he is a Republican rather than telling them why he isn't.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-07-2012, 02:00 AM
Never too early . . .

Not if the confused right wants a chance to win. Maybe for thier sake they'll find viable candidate by then.

BWillie
11-07-2012, 02:21 AM
The grassroots are already organizing in Washington State. Rand Paul is much more political savvy than his father. He spends more time telling Republicans why he is a Republican rather than telling them why he isn't.

And thats why I dont like him as much. I have a feeling hes going to sell out....and completely abandon his fathers ideas on foriegn policy

AussieChiefsFan
11-07-2012, 02:40 AM
nup

Saccopoo
11-07-2012, 03:13 AM
Your political takes are worse than your o-linemen rants. Jon Huntsman? That guy ****ing sucks.

Eh...not really. He's very bright and makes a lot of effort to encompass both sides in a reasonable manner.

The Democrats did a very smart thing by burying him in China for the past three years.

He was gaining a lot of ground nationally as Gov of UT, and it was savvy of the Obama administration/Dems to dump him over in China as Ambassador.

It's the premiere Ambassadorship and the guy speaks Chinesse fluently, so it was hard to resist, but it also got him out of the public eye for three years.

No, he really doesn't suck. He's pretty smart and tries to do what's best for his constituency as a whole. That probably makes him less viable as a GOP canidate though. At least in terms of the simple hillbilly fucks who can't read or hear past the headlines in Murdock owned media subsidiaries.

Brainiac
11-07-2012, 04:40 AM
Romney won't run. He's finished as a candidate.

If the GOP decides collectively now that they need to move to the RIGHT, the GOP may never win another presidential election.

htismaqe
11-07-2012, 07:34 AM

If the GOP decides collectively now that they need to move to the RIGHT, the GOP may never win another presidential election.

They might not anyway.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-07-2012, 07:40 AM

Wrong, you have that bass ackwards as many couldn't hold their noses and vote for him. Too liberal.

theelusiveeightrop
11-07-2012, 07:45 AM
No. No.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 07:47 AM
What an ignorant poll.

mlyonsd
11-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Christie

Not only the next rep nominee but also the next president.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 07:48 AM

Do you honestly think that a liberal like Romney was a winning ticket? This is why he couldn't win. He's not that different from Obama and for that reason was not trusted enough.

Brainiac
11-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Wrong, you have that bass ackwards as many couldn't hold their noses and vote for him. Too liberal.
Yeah, right. Romney was "too liberal" to get elected. :spock:

He may have been perceived as being too rich and out of touch with the common people, and he may have been perceived as being too much of a flip-flopper. But he didn't lose this election because he was perceived as being too liberal. If you think that, you're completely out of touch with reality.

Wait and see how the GOP does in general elections in the future if they decide to nominate right-wing extremists. They'll have fun at the GOP convention slapping each other on the back and telling themselves how THIS TIME they're going to kick ass, and then they'll get crushed in the general election.

The general population of this country is not moving to the right. The fact that Barack Obama was able to get re-elected after four years of economic failure should tell you that.

patteeu
11-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Romney won't run. Hillary won't run. Biden will run, but he won't win the nomination.

gblowfish
11-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Mitt's feeling a bit down, but he still has a song in his heart!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h0q2eGAjyGg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pawnmower
11-07-2012, 04:45 PM
nah

greg63
11-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Will Romney run and win the nomination in 2016?

I certainly hope not.