PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues ***OFFICIAL*** My guy won but dont feel the need to gloat thread.

BigRedChief
11-07-2012, 12:05 AM
I got a lot of flack in this thread for my support of Obama. Lately, it really cranked up, name calling, told to fist fuck my wife etc.

If the R's had ran a better candidate, they would have won. If the R's had not let the Tea party decide its Senate candidates, it would have won the senate.

We Dem's have done a lot of good the last 4 years. A lot of major achievements. But, we could have done better and accomplished more. We were far from perfect.

So on this night I chose to not gloat or brag. Maybe we can find some common ground, some issues to agree on besides our Chiefs. To not resort to name calling and personal attacks. But genuine discussion of the very serious issues we face to get out out of this mess we are still in.

Make fun of me, agree with me, tell me to do things to the wife whatever. We can do better. I'll start.

Cave Johnson
11-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Saved for later gloating.

La literatura
11-07-2012, 12:06 AM
If the R's had ran a better candidate, they would have won.

Romney was the best. There is no one better.

tredadda
11-07-2012, 12:07 AM
I got a lot of flack in this thread for my support of Obama. Lately, it really cranked up, name calling, told to fist **** my wife etc.

If the R's had ran a better candidate, they would have won. If the R's had not let the Tea party decide its Senate candidates, it would have won the senate.

We Dem's have done a lot of good the last 4 years. A lot of major achievements. But, we could have done better and accomplished more. We were far from perfect.

So on this night I chose to not gloat or brag. Maybe we can find some common ground, some issues to agree on besides our Chiefs. To not resort to name calling and personal attacks. But genuine discussion of the very serious issues we face to get out out of this mess we are still in.

Make fun of me, agree with me, tell me to do things to the wife whatever. We can do better. I'll start.

Agree 100%. This is 2004 redux with Romney being Kerry.

Aries Walker
11-07-2012, 12:08 AM
I just posted this to my Facebook. It seems apropros to repeat it here.

The important thing to remember now is that this is not so much the end of a race, as a new beginning of the administration. What the government and administration need to do now is to get past all of the divisiveness we've seen over the past year or so, and learn to work together to get some things done. Those of us who aren't elected officials can do our version of that, which is to not bad-mouth Romney or Ryan, paint them as villains, or rub their face in the metaphorical dirt, but instead to recognize them as devoted public servants who went to uncommon lengths in an attempt to make the nation better. That's a small distinction, but an important one.

listopencil
11-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Agree 100%. This is 2004 redux with Romney being Kerry.

That sounds about right.

ClevelandBronco
11-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Good stuff, BRC.

I respectfully disagree about the Tea Party, and I'd like to say that the asshole Muslim-in-Chief's alleged wife looks like something out of an Ed Wood movie.

BigRedChief
11-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Romeny's consession speech was right on. The election is over. We got serious problems. We need to reach across the aisle and work together. We have to give, they have to give. We have to sacrifice our sacred cows and so do they.

listopencil
11-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Romeny's consession speech was right on. The election is over. We got serious problems. We need to reach across the aisle and work together. We have to give, they have to give. We have to sacrifice our sacred cows and so do they.

So now would be a perfect time to get the other guy on record as disagreeing to a sacred cow so it can be used in the next election.

Ultra Peanut
11-07-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm mostly pissed off at President Obama*, but I feel the need to gloat. Fuck yes, America's going to get worse at a slower rate than it otherwise could have! HOLY SHIT what a relief.

*<3 u Campaign Obama. I know we can never meet again but I'll always cherish our time together.

BigRedChief
11-07-2012, 12:17 AM
So now would be a perfect time to get the other guy on record as disagreeing to a sacred cow so it can be used in the next election.Its in everybody's best interest for both parties to take on everybodys sacred cows. Both parties vote for it at a 90% clip to provide cover for both parties.

Reaper16
11-07-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm mostly pissed off at President Obama*, but I feel the need to gloat. Fuck yes, America's going to get worse at a slower rate than it otherwise could have! HOLY SHIT what a relief.

*<3 u Campaign Obama. I know we can never meet again but I'll always cherish our time together.

Every single bit of this.

HolyHandgernade
11-07-2012, 12:19 AM
In.

BigRedChief

*<3 u Campaign Obama. I know we can never meet again but I'll always cherish our time together.I completely understand, And you are in no way a bad person or making a bad choice or anything like that. Just a personal choice for me.

ClevelandBronco

Seriously this time, I disagree with that as well, and I'll make it clear to my Congressman that I'll help him lose his job next time around if he even glances across the aisle. Now is not the time for working together. Now is the time for steadfast opposition and obstruction.

I'm not interested in the United States that you guys want and I'm not looking to hire guys that will help you achieve it.

La literatura
11-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Seriously this time, I disagree with that as well, and I'll make it clear to my Congressman that I'll help him lose his job next time around if he even glances across the aisle. Now is not the time for working together. Now is the time for steadfast opposition and obstruction.

I'm not interested in the United States that you guys want and I'm not looking to hire guys that will help you achieve it.

The last thing anybody should want is gridlock with this fiscal cliff approaching.

ClevelandBronco
11-07-2012, 12:25 AM
The last thing anybody should want is gridlock with this fiscal cliff approaching.

I don't want gridlock; I want reversal. I'm not going to get it, so I'll settle for gridlock.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-07-2012, 12:26 AM
I don't want gridlock; I want reversal. I'm not going to get it, so I'll settle for gridlock.

Yes I'll take that.

BigRedChief
11-07-2012, 12:27 AM

I'm not interested in the United States that you guys want and I'm not looking to hire guys that will help you achieve it.Thats your right, But you know as well as the country that we cant afford another 4 years of gridlock. We need to find common ground and do the work of the people. Or else you become an anarchist. Just blow everything up. I know here is no way you want to blow up your own house.

We can agree on some things I bet. Here's a starter list.

Small business tax cuts and incentives
Leave guns alone
Real immigration reform
Stop the freeloaders from mooching on the taxpayer dime for years.
Tax cuts for the middle class
Reform medicare and medicaid

La literatura
11-07-2012, 12:31 AM

Bullshit. We need a plan. We need to do something. Gridlock means failure to do something, and with regards to the fiscal cliff, that means everything that we've just gained in the past 4 years from the recession goes back to 0.

ClevelandBronco
11-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Thats your right, But you know as well as the country that we cant afford another 4 years of gridlock. We need to find common ground and do the work of the people. Or else you become an anarchist. Just blow everything up. I know here is no way you want to blow up your own house.

We can agree on some things I bet. Here's a starter list.

Small business tax cuts and incentives
Leave guns alone
Real immigration reform
Stop the freeloaders from mooching on the taxpayer dime for years.
Tax cuts for the middle class
Reform medicare and medicaid

I'll take across the board business tax rate cuts, but not small business tax rate cuts alone. Absolutely no incentives. The government has no business tipping the table toward this business or that one. I'd consider income tax rate cuts across the board, but not for the middle class alone. I doubt that I'd be interested in the kind of Medicare and Medicaid reform that the democrat party would propose, but I'd listen. Same with immigration reform. And I don't believe the democrat party can cut off freeloaders without pissing off most of the people in Cleveland that voted for Obama. Let me keep my weapons? Gee, thanks. I already have that right.

No. Opposition and obstruction. I'm truly not interested in doing things your way. Not even a little.

ClevelandBronco
11-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Bullshit. We need a plan. We need to do something. Gridlock means failure to do something, and with regards to the fiscal cliff, that means everything that we've just gained in the past 4 years from the recession goes back to 0.

Bring it.

nstygma
11-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Bullshit. We need a plan. We need to do something. Gridlock means failure to do something, and with regards to the fiscal cliff, that means everything that we've just gained in the past 4 years from the recession goes back to 0.can this plan begin with government spending less of the citizens' money?

ClevelandBronco
11-07-2012, 12:45 AM
can this plan begin with government spending less of the citizens' money?

Not if we all want to get along.

teedubya
11-07-2012, 12:50 AM
My guy got blown out... only got 1% of the vote.

ClevelandBronco
11-07-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm off to bed now. I have Republicans to put on probation tomorrow.

BigRedChief
11-07-2012, 01:01 AM
can this plan begin with government spending less of the citizens' money?Yes, it must.

TinyEvel
11-07-2012, 01:01 AM
I totally won my election fantasy draft tonight!

Obama 4 more years, and condoms on pr0n stars! (sorry fappers, i want young men to feel it's okay to put a jimmy on it. Plus I only watch lezbo orgy pron, so it don;t affect TinyE PBJ)

BigRedChief
11-07-2012, 01:02 AM
My guy got blown out... only got 1% of the vote.But, the good thing for you was this was a status quo election. It should give some kind of impetus to a more viable 3rd party candidate.

BigRedChief
11-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Romeny's consession speech was right on. The election is over. We got serious problems. We need to reach across the aisle and work together. We have to give, they have to give. We have to sacrifice our sacred cows and so do they.President Obama's speech was right on also. The election is over. The people have spoken. Let's move on and get something done together.

TinyEvel
11-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Oh, also, if you voted for mitt and are pissed...

EAT A BAG OF DICKS!

Ultra Peanut
11-07-2012, 01:36 AM

lol, you fucking maniac

Joe Seahawk
11-07-2012, 02:11 AM

EAT A BAG OF DICKS!

I'm not pissed, dissapointed a little, sure. But I'm a conservitive in an extremely liberal district in Seattle. I'm used to just about every candidate/ issue going opposite of my vote save pot legalization (I don't smoke though)

This election was no different. Still amazed that people are satisfied with the status quo..

BigRedChief
11-07-2012, 07:19 AM
lol, you fucking maniac

He is turning into an anarchist.:shake:

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Its in everybody's best interest for both parties to take on everybodys sacred cows. Both parties vote for it at a 90% clip to provide cover for both parties.

That's a matter of opinion. I prefer more gridlock. People voted for the House to remain Republican—not for the White House. This is where more of the power is as they have the power of the purse. The president is the weaker branch. Sorry. Time to invoke and actually apply the U.S. Constitution in order to save this country from more decline.

HMc
11-07-2012, 07:29 AM
That's a matter of opinion. I prefer more gridlock. People voted for the House to remain Republican—not for the White House. This is where more of the power is as they have the power of the purse. The president is the weaker branch. Sorry. Time to invoke and actually apply the U.S. Constitution in order to save this country from more decline.

The butthurt is palpable.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 07:30 AM

Exactly! A huge activist letter writing campaign needs to get underway. Even push to defund Obamacare. It's an alabatross.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 07:31 AM
The butthurt is palpable.

What butthurt? ROFL I have the House. Ya' know where the real power is since the President is the weakest branch. You're just another ignorant voter.

BigRedChief
11-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Exactly! A huge activist letter writing campaign needs to get underway. Even push to defund Obamacare. It's an alabatross.Give it up. obamacare is here forever.

You are sounding like an anarchist too.

BigRedChief
11-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Sorry. Time to invoke and actually apply the U.S. Constitution in order to save this country from more decline.The constitution was applied, The people voted. I understand that you dont care how the people voted, you still want what you want. It still doesnt make it right.

htismaqe
11-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Give it up. obamacare is here forever.

You are sounding like an anarchist too.

It's not here "forever" since it's funded by the government and the government will eventually collapse under it's weight. :p

Dave Lane
11-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Romney was the best. There is no one better.

That's a very sad statement but actually it's probably reality.

La literatura
11-07-2012, 08:04 AM
That's a very sad statement but actually it's probably reality.

1) MBA/JD from Harvard
2) Highly successful business career
3) Helped lead the Olympics in Utah
4) Successful governor of Massachusetts
5) Zero personal baggage
6) All the intangibles (he looks presidential, he's a fine speaker, etc.)

If you were putting together a good candidate, that's what you would come up with.

htismaqe
11-07-2012, 08:06 AM
1) MBA/JD from Harvard
2) Highly successful business career
3) Helped lead the Olympics in Utah
4) Successful governor of Massachusetts
5) Zero personal baggage
6) All the intangibles (he looks presidential, he's a fine speaker, etc.)

If you were putting together a good candidate, that's what you would come up with.

Exactly.

BigRedChief
11-07-2012, 08:06 AM
It's not here "forever" since it's funded by the government and the government will eventually collapse under it's weight. :pThey will tweak it. But the basic parts, the popular parts will be with us forever. Your kids staying on their parents plan until age 26, no pre-existing conditions BS, no financial limits on health care (you get cancer, sorry pal exception). I dont like the mandate either. It was a necessary evil. At least you can just not pay it and there is no penalty that can get you in trouble, no jail etc. I see the mandate going away at some point.

whoman69
11-07-2012, 08:11 AM

That's what got the Republicans in trouble in the first place. They have gone too far to the extremes. The American people want to put aside the bitter hatred and get things done. The Tea Party is the downfall of the GOP.

htismaqe
11-07-2012, 08:11 AM
They will tweak it. But the basic parts, the popular parts will be with us forever. Your kids staying on their parents plan until age 26, no pre-existing conditions BS, no financial limits on health care (you get cancer, sorry pal exception). I dont like the mandate either. It was a necessary evil. At least you can just not pay it and there is no penalty that can get you in trouble, no jail etc. I see the mandate going away at some point.

I just hope a lot of employers don't decide that paying the fine is cheaper than paying for insurance, leaving millions of Americans with no choice but to go to their exchange.

I don't LIKE the idea of government-funded insurance but I can live with it. What I can't live with is not having any choice. If government-funded care becomes another OPTION in the portfolio, it's a BIG win for everyone.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Look guys, don't expect even Fox news to bring this issue up—but polls show the public is war weary.

Obama sounded less war like and that's a BIG issue. Of course, he cannot be believed but that's how he played it. This issue hurts the GOP and they need to wake up about it and toss out the NCs who are causing the party harm.

Other than that, that there is no real majority or mandate is due to two bad choices. Polls also showed 80% wanted different choices.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 08:15 AM
That's what got the Republicans in trouble in the first place. They have gone too far to the extremes. The American people want to put aside the bitter hatred and get things done. The Tea Party is the downfall of the GOP.

What is extreme to one is moderate to another. The Tea Party brought in a Republican House. The House has the power of the purse. So your analysis cannot be correct. This election is due to two lousy choices and polls on that idea show 80% feeling this way. Hence a plurality and no mandate.

El Jefe
11-07-2012, 08:16 AM
I got a lot of flack in this thread for my support of Obama. Lately, it really cranked up, name calling, told to fist **** my wife etc.

Aids tree, go run into it.

whoman69
11-07-2012, 08:17 AM
I am disappointed that batshit crazy Bachman was re-elected over a moderate choice. Equally disappointed that Steve King looks like he could get re-elected unless his opponent has pictures of him in compromising positions. Good news in Florida. Though too close to call Allen West is behind by 3000 votes in his election. It a bit of a surprise to see that so close in Democratic Palm Beach county.

BigRedChief
11-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Aids tree, go run into it.Are you 12?

El Jefe
11-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Are you 12?

Nah, I was just kidding. I pretty much hate everything about Barry, but moving forward my only hope is that he helps this country. There is no point in crying over spilled milk, and while I think our country is going to regret this, I pray that we don't.

whoman69
11-07-2012, 08:29 AM

What butthurt? ROFL I have the House. Ya' know where the real power is since the President is the weakest branch. You're just another ignorant voter.

Looks like Democrats will pick up 2 seats in the Senate although those races haven't been called yet. That is where the real power to obstruct is coming from, a minority holding legislation to a 60 vote standard. The senate filibuster is nowhere to be found in the Constitution except under the clause that each chamber sets their own rules. The founding fathers considered requiring a super majority to pass legislation, but considered that too harsh a standard in all but the most important matters.

Additionally with uncalled races favoring Democrats, it looks like they will pick at least one seat in the House.

Butthurt is invoking the Constitution when its powers are used by Democratic Presidents but ignoring those same powers when used by Republicans. Like it or not, the President is given power to act where Congress is unclear or fails to act and that precedent was set by George Washington.

Donger
11-07-2012, 08:32 AM
I offer my congratulations to Obama supporters. While I was tepidly optimistic that Romney might pull out a close one, I learned in 2004 that a lot of Americans make decisions based on emotions, so I'm not really surprised at this outcome.

tredadda
11-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Look guys, don't expect even Fox news to bring this issue up—but polls show the public is war weary.

Obama sounded less war like and that's a BIG issue. Of course, he cannot be believed but that's how he played it. This issue hurts the GOP and they need to wake up about it and toss out the NCs who are causing the party harm.

Other than that, that there is no real majority or mandate is due to two bad choices. Polls also showed 80% wanted different choices.

This. Most independents I knew wanted neither candidate, but in the end voted for Obama as the lesser of two evils.

BigRedChief
11-07-2012, 09:32 AM
This. Most independents I knew wanted neither candidate, but in the end voted for Obama as the lesser of two evils.I am forced to agree on this point.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Looks like Democrats will pick up 2 seats in the Senate although those races haven't been called yet.
It didn't flip last I heard. Still, all revenue bills originate in the House. So the senate can obstruct all they want...gridlock. Not a bad thing.

Butthurt is invoking the Constitution when its powers are used by Democratic Presidents but ignoring those same powers when used by Republicans. Like it or not, the President is given power to act where Congress is unclear or fails to act and that precedent was set by George Washington.

Nope
That's called the living Constitution which is an alteration of original intent.

Oh and butt hurt is not an argument. It's a logical fallacy.

P.S. I have some schadenfreude because the NeoCons have been set back as a consolation. Hope they're driven from my party.

Gary
11-07-2012, 09:54 AM

What happens when a Ponzi scheme comes to it's end?

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 09:59 AM
What happens when a Ponzi scheme comes to it's end?

...and it will end. Keynesianism is on its last legs. So, let the Ds enjoy the lull before the storm. It's coming. Markets will still have the last say. Just as it did in every socialist country whether it was a social democracy or a socialist dictatorship.

Ugly Duck
11-07-2012, 10:04 AM
If the R's had ran a better candidate, they would have won.

Take your pick. These were the choices - the best of the best that the GOP could drum up:

http://www.teachmedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Early-Republican-Primary-Candidates.jpghttp://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BOTY3NjU3OTY1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjI3Mjc4MQ@@._V1._SY314_CR3,0,214,314_.jpg

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Take your pick. These were the choices - the best of the best that the GOP could drum up:

Two major polls, one by CNN, showed Paul could have won....that he lagged the least behind Obama. He may have had other issues out of the mainstream but he did have the key issues that matched polls. Ending the wars, cutting military instead of entitlements....saving those to be reformed at another time in the future. He could have really pushed the war issue successfully by pointing out how Obama lied and was now pandering by sounding anti-war. Also, he could have bashed the trade agreements and pointed out Obama has not even tried to repeal them but offers a band-aid. He could have shown what billionaires and corporations were donating to him as well. IMO, these would have made the difference. Because the differences today aren't many between Obama and Mitt. Differentiating, your brand is key in marketing.

cosmo20002
11-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Two major polls, one by CNN, showed Paul could have won....that he lagged the least behind Obama. He may have had other issues out of the mainstream but he did have the key issues that matched polls. Ending the wars, cutting military instead of entitlements....saving those to be reformed at another time in the future. He could have really pushed the war issue successfully by pointing out how Obama lied and was now pandering by sounding anti-war. Also, he could have bashed the trade agreements and pointed out Obama has not even tried to repeal them but offers a band-aid. He could have shown what billionaires and corporations were donating to him as well. IMO, these would have made the difference. Because the differences today aren't many between Obama and Mitt. Differentiating, your brand is key in marketing.

Lagged the least = could have won?

:facepalm:

Ugly Duck
11-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Two major polls, one by CNN, showed Paul could have won

Oh sure - there may have been an outlier or two, but RealClearPolitics Poll of Polls had Obama over Paul by over 8 points:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_paul_vs_obama-1750.html

patteeu
11-07-2012, 11:00 AM

I think Obama should step across the aisle and work with Republicans in the House to do something positive for the country. He won't though, because his idea of reaching across the aisle is inviting Republicans to sign on to his counter-productive programs, so fuck him. :)

Iowanian
11-07-2012, 11:12 AM

EAT A BAG OF DICKS!

Those who voted for Obama, statistically are far more inclined to consume the contents of the bag of treats you're suggesting. Gobble away, Tiny.

ClevelandBronco
11-07-2012, 11:17 AM
I think Obama should step across the aisle and work with Republicans in the House to do something positive for the country. He won't though, because his idea of reaching across the aisle is inviting Republicans to sign on to his counter-productive programs, so **** him. :)

Absolutely. The House wields enormous power now and the president can either follow the will of the people's house, or just get used to lying in the shit he helped spread on the bed.

ClevelandBronco
11-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Republican members of the house need to remember that each one of them was elected by a stronger margin than the president. They were elected to counteract a dangerous and destructive president that barely squeezed back into office. Now is the time to assert the power we entrusted to them.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Oh sure - there may have been an outlier or two, but RealClearPolitics Poll of Polls had Obama over Paul by over 8 points:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_paul_vs_obama-1750.html

No they were not outliers. He had the war issue which was popular.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Republican members of the house need to remember that each one of them was elected by a stronger margin than the president. They were elected to counteract a dangerous and destructive president that barely squeezed back into office. Now is the time to assert the power we entrusted to them.

The pressure needs to be kept on them though...so they don't go weak. Get your letters in folks.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Lagged the least = could have won?

:facepalm:

You mentioned the best the GOP could run. That's what I responded to. He lagged the least of the GOP.
The best choice for your is a flaming socialist for a Republican. So of course you don't agree.

Fact is both Mitt and Barack are the choice of the ruling oligarchy.

BigRedChief
11-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Republican members of the house need to remember that each one of them was elected by a stronger margin than the president. They were elected to counteract a dangerous and destructive president that barely squeezed back into office. Now is the time to assert the power we entrusted to them.No one takes the anarchist seriously.

cosmo20002
11-07-2012, 09:15 PM
You mentioned the best the GOP could run. That's what I responded to. He lagged the least of the GOP.The best choice for your is a flaming socialist for a Republican. So of course you don't agree.

Fact is both Mitt and Barack are the choice of the ruling oligarchy.

You said that polls "showed Paul could have won."

fan4ever
11-08-2012, 11:29 AM
BRC I think you, and the rest of the democrats on this board, should gloat your asses off. It's probably one of the few benefits voting for Obama's going to give you.

Ugly Duck
11-08-2012, 12:34 PM
(A) president that barely squeezed back into office.

So far its the largest margin of victory in 20 years. When Florida adds it's 29 the Obama victory will be even more lopsided.

Young people, Hispanics, blacks, Asians & women are responsible for the shellacking. More young will be added to the rolls next time, Hispanics, Asians & Blacks all have higher birth rates than whites, and there are more women than men. GOP is in big trouble in upcoming elections.

BigRedChief
11-08-2012, 05:48 PM
BRC I think you, and the rest of the democrats on this board, should gloat your asses off. It's probably one of the few benefits voting for Obama's going to give you.yeah, I could and no one would really fault me. If Romney would have won, it would have been merciless. the neocons would not have let up for years.

I like a lot of these neocons outside of their political choices. But no matter what, we are all chief fans. Even though they would have doen it to me, I don't see the need for personal attacks or to spike the ball in the face of the R's.