PDA

View Full Version : Elections GOP, 2012: Angry White Men and Their Women

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Honestly, that is what the Republican party has become. Think about it...

Think about most of the obnoxious conservatives in this forum: Angry White Men....it says it all. They've been drinking the Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck Kool-Aid for over 20 years now. Is it really surprising, then, that the party no longer appeals to anyone else--especially with their seething contempt and venomous attacks toward anyone who dares to disagree with them?

The Democrats went though a similar thing...between 1968 and 1988, when they lost 5 out of 6 Presidential elections, because they were out-of-touch with the country (too beholden to bleeding heart liberals and minorities.) Between 1992 and 2012, the Republicans have now lost the popular vote for President in 5 of the 6 elections, for the same reason (too beholden to the Tea Party and talk radio addicts.)

Until the GOP admits they have a a big problem, and are out-of-touch, and seek to moderate their policies and rhetoric....they will remain the party of Angry White Men and the Women Who Love Them. They must find ways to appeal to larger numbers of Blacks, Asians, women, and Hispanics--otherwise they are screwed. And they will continue to struggle to win national elections.

It's simple math. Demographic shifts have become political inertia, and the GOP has to recognize that reality--instead of pretending not to notice.

In 1992, Clinton brought the Democratic party back toward the mainstream. For the GOP to turn things around in 2016, they'll need to do the same thing. Whenever political parties are sucked into lunatic fringe politics, they alienate the voters who matter--in our republic, a majority. Republicans had better soon remember the role of majority rule in our country, or they may yet become this century's version of the Whigs.

Donger
11-07-2012, 07:59 AM
I disagree. White people just need to begin breeding more.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2012, 08:02 AM
There are plenty of Prominent Hispanic and African American Republicans. A Majority of mintority voters tend to overlook them though for whatever reason?

Your right, the Repubs need to do a better job of reaching out to those communities.

ChiTown
11-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Kotter the Hypocrite. Should be your new name

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 08:08 AM

That would help but you Brits are protestants. It's Catholic Hispanics who practice " be fruitful and multiply."

Direckshun
11-07-2012, 08:09 AM
The Democratic Party has won the popular vote in Presidential elections every year but 2004 for the past two decades.

That is shocking, how out of touch one party can be.

For the reasons highlighted in your post, Kotter.

The GOP must change.

Brock
11-07-2012, 08:10 AM

It's pretty true when you remember some of the things he's said about gay people.

Direckshun
11-07-2012, 08:12 AM
It's pretty true when you remember some of the things he's said about gay people.

Oh, snap.

Donger
11-07-2012, 08:12 AM
The Democratic Party has won the popular vote in Presidential elections every year but 2004 for the past two decades.

The GOP must change.

Change to what? And exactly how?

Direckshun
11-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Change to what? And exactly how?

Change on two major grounds, that I can see:

1. Fight for conservativism instead of regressivism: instead of dismantling the social safety net, support various efforts to make it more efficient without cutting benefits.

2. Embrace pluralistic politics that see value in promoting women's issues, Hispanic issues, inner city issues, and gay issues.

As for how... well. That's for the party to figure out.

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 08:19 AM

The difference is...I realize while I'm entitled to my personal view, I'm not free to impose my own moral views on the rest of American society. That's another lesson the Republicans should learn.

That, and I seperate my personal life from entertainment on a political discussion board...

rabblerouser
11-07-2012, 08:21 AM

Being a 'liberal' means being a hypocrite.

HemiEd
11-07-2012, 08:22 AM

End of thread.

Birth control and fiscal responsibility is out of touch with the masses now.

Hopefully we still have elections in 2016.

blaise
11-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Kotter calling anyone obnoxious is rich. The guy is an obnoxious douche.

Heh

Donger
11-07-2012, 08:24 AM

1. Fight for conservativism instead of regressivism: instead of dismantling the social safety net, support various efforts to make it more efficient without cutting benefits.

2. Embrace pluralistic politics that see value in promoting women's issues, Hispanic issues, inner city issues, and gay issues.

Those really really aren't specifics, FYI. If your actual response is "be more like Democrats," I really don't see that happening, losses or not.

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 08:25 AM

LMAO

Exhibit A

Donger
11-07-2012, 08:26 AM
LMAO

Exhibit A

Well, Biden seems to think that he's going to be the nominee.

Frazod

Heh

He's also the history teacher who, when shown photographs of Quantrill, Jesse James and Cole Younger, thought they were former U.S. presidents.

Mr. Kotter

Heh

Entertainment on a discussion board is one thing...in real life, I wouldn't qualify for current GOP membership.

Dang it.

Direckshun
11-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Those really really aren't specifics, FYI. If your actual response is "be more like Democrats," I really don't see that happening, losses or not.

What would you recommend for the Republican Party? Other than more white people.

Mr. Kotter
He's also the history teacher who, when shown photographs of Quantrill, Jesse James and Cole Younger, thought they were former U.S. presidents.

Why am I not surprised that you are a member of their fan club.... :hmmm:

blaise
Entertainment on a discussion board is one thing...in real life, I wouldn't qualify for current GOP membership.

Dang it.

Don't sell yourself short, you're a big enough douche by any measurement.

Direckshun
11-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Well, Biden seems to think that he's going to be the nominee.

Thaaaaaaat could be a problem.

blaise
11-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Heh

Frazod
11-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Why am I not surprised that you are a member of their fan club.... :hmmm:

Not really. The only thing Romney had going for him was that he wasn't Obama.

My post was mainly about you being a fucking idiot. The idea that you're a teacher is nearly as frightening as the idea of four more years of Obama.

rabblerouser
11-07-2012, 08:29 AM
End of thread.

^all TRUE.

They said on TV last night that there was a 'touch of nostalgia' amongst the Obama camp, as he stated that it was 'probably his last campaign.'

Seriously.

banyon
11-07-2012, 08:30 AM
i think there was a whole chapter in What's the Matter with Kansas titled this on the same theme.

Donger
11-07-2012, 08:30 AM
What would you recommend for the Republican Party? Other than more white people.

I'm not sure that I have any specifics at this point either. Lots of talk about reaching out to minorities and so forth, but what is the point if those groups are so beholden to the Democrats and won't accept it anyway?

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Not really. The only thing Romney had going for him was that he wasn't Obama.

My post was mainly about you being a ****ing idiot. The idea that you're a teacher is nearly as frightening as the idea of four more years of Obama.

Keep pretending to know what you are talking about...that is your schtick.

Direckshun
11-07-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm not sure that I have any specifics at this point either. Lots of talk about reaching out to minorities and so forth, but what is the point if those groups are so beholden to the Democrats and won't accept it anyway?

You think minorities are irreversibly beholden to the Democratic Party?

Black and Jewish voters, I'd agree.

But women? Latinos? Gays?

BigCatDaddy

The GOP must change.

LMAO Perot killed Bush in 92 or Clinton would have never been in office. I love cherry picked stats though. Here is the last 3 decades of presidents.

Since I was born it's went

12 Years Republican
8 Years Democrat
8 Years Republican
8 Years Democrat

Do you sense a trend?

Mr. Flopnuts
Whahappened?

Brock
^all TRUE.

They said on TV last night that there was a 'touch of nostalgia' amongst the Obama camp, as he stated that it was 'probably his last campaign.'

Seriously.

LMAO I remember when the left was concerned that Bush was going to make himself a dictator for life.

Predarat
11-07-2012, 08:33 AM
They need to get another big state or two on their side, tough to overcome automatic losses in NY and Cali.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2012, 08:33 AM
The GOP needs to adopt exactly the same stance the Democratic party has on "social issues" and focus on how it can differentiate itself in other ways.

Direckshun
11-07-2012, 08:36 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83490.html#ixzz2BYG0LP00

[Dick] Morris said that unless the GOP-ers can appeal to some of the key Democratic constituencies, they won’t be able to win again.

“The percentage of single women, minorities and voters under 30 is so large at this point that unless the Republican Party fundamentally changes its appeal to those voters, it can never win an election,” Morris said.

He continued: “If this candidate in this economy against this opponent can’t win an election with this electorate — nobody ever can. And what the Republican Party needs to do is to stop running in the face of those demographics, and start appealing to them and start revising some of its priorities and its positions in order to reach that vote because that vote is here to stay.”

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 08:37 AM
LMAO I remember when the left was concerned that Bush was going to make himself a dictator for life.

Yep. It was just as insanely idiotic when the left was saying it then too.LMAO

rabblerouser

I know!!

It's like, HELLO!!!???

banyon
Dick Morris really has no shame does he?

this is after he guaranteed Romney would win, now people should listen to him on the direction of the party the next friggin day?

Frazod
11-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Keep pretending to know what you are talking about...that is your schtick.

Perhaps later I'll post a photo of Wyatt Earp and you can identify him as one of the Founding Fathers. :drool:

BucEyedPea
I often thought Morris was just trying to influence results in the hopes that people would vote for a winner. There are people who vote like that. Don't know how many.

ChiTown
Being a 'liberal' means being a hypocrite.

No, not at all. Being a hypocrite is being a hypocrite.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Perhaps later I'll post a photo of Wyatt Earp and you can identify him as one of the Founding Fathers. :drool:

Hey! I voted for him in 2006 as a write-in!

blaise
The GOP needs to adopt exactly the same stance the Democratic party has on "social issues" and focus on how it can differentiate itself in other ways.

That's what I think. They need to get past the anti-gay marriage thing. All it does is get a large % of the population to automatically vote the other way. It's a legal and tax issue, not a church issue. As long as the government doesn't start forcing churches to perform gay marriages then I don't know why conservatives give a rats ass.
Half the reason these Hollywood celebs, talk shows, movies, etc hammer on Republicans is over the gay rights issue. They need to just take that whole topic out of the equation. It's dumb, it's a losing battle, and all you're doing is throwing softballs to the opponents.

Mr. Kotter

That would be a start; ending their run as sycophants for the uber wealthy would help too.

Donger
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83490.html#ixzz2BYG0LP00

Dick is such a whore. LMAO

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Good analysis Kotter. At some point the right will have to address the changing demographics of this country. And I will give credit where credit is due Bush did try that is why he only lost the hispanic vote by 10 unlike Romney who lost it by 50+

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 08:41 AM

That, or why don't you just threaten to leave forever....again. ;)

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83490.html#ixzz2BYG0LP00 (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83490.html#ixzz2BYG0LP00)

WTF would ANYONE care what Dick Morris has to say....especially after this election. LMAO

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Good analysis Kotter. At some point the right will have to address the changing demographics of this country. And I will give credit where credit is due Bush did try that is why he only lost the hispanic vote by 10 unlike Romney who lost it by 50+

And the left helping more illegals in the country helps them too. Talk about bribery.

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 08:43 AM
That's what I think. They need to get past the anti-gay marriage thing. All it does is get a large % of the population to automatically vote the other way. It's a legal and tax issue, not a church issue. As long as the government doesn't start forcing churches to perform gay marriages then I don't know why conservatives give a rats ass.
Half the reason these Hollywood celebs, talk shows, movies, etc hammer on Republicans is over the gay rights issue. They need to just take that whole topic out of the equation. It's dumb, it's a losing battle, and all you're doing is throwing softballs to the opponents.

Yep.

I think gay marriage passed in 4 states last night.

Frazod
11-07-2012, 08:45 AM
That, or why don't you just threaten to leave forever....again. ;)

I've never threatened to that, you lying piece of shit.

Perhaps you could have another one of your psychotic breakdowns and then later beg us all to be nice to you.

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 08:47 AM
And the left helping more illegals in the country helps them too. Talk about bribery.

Illegals who, according to most credible research, contribute much more to our system than they take? "Secure the borders, and deport the blood-suckers now!" is the new racism for those too insecure to appreciate one of the things that has made America great.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Illegals who, according to most credible research, contribute much more to our system than they take? "Secure the borders, and deport the blood-suckers now!" is the new racism for those too insecure to appreciate one of the things that has made America great.

That's why there's a govt mandate allowing them to not be denied medical care in Emergency rooms.That's why there's a Dream Act in places. That's why Puerto Rican immigrants have displaced the Cuban American and vote for goodies.

Donger
11-07-2012, 08:49 AM

:spock:

DaveNull
11-07-2012, 08:50 AM
This thread is full of truth. These personal attacks are deflecting from what is a pretty damn insightful post.

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 08:51 AM
That's why there's a govt mandate allowing them to not be denied medical care in Emergency rooms.That's why there's a Dream Act in places. That's why Puerto Rican immigrants have displaced the Cuban American and vote for goodies.

No...that's politics. I know, I know....you don't grasp politics unless it's 18th Century antiquated crap that only the lunatic fringe gives a damn about today.

:spock:

Immigration and diversity are a source of strength, and are not undermining our system--no matter how much the right demagogues the issue.

BigCatDaddy
11-07-2012, 08:54 AM
No...that's politics. I know, I know....you don't grasp politics unless it's 18th Century antiquated crap that only the lunatic fringe gives a damn about today.

Immigration and diversity are a source of strength, and are not undermining our system--no matter how much the right demagogues the issue.

Are you referring to legal or illegal immigration?

Donger
11-07-2012, 08:55 AM

Legal immigration, sure. I presume that is what you are referring to, right?

cosmo20002
11-07-2012, 08:58 AM

Yeah, but then they wouldn't be Republicans. These options are already available to them.

HemiEd
11-07-2012, 08:58 AM
LMAO

Exhibit AIts not funny to me, it is pathetic what this nation is becoming.

Yes I am angry this morning, and I am an old white man who's life savings are going to be worthless, due to the inflation from this regimes endless deficit.

The same guy that promised he would cut the deficit in half in his first term.

rabblerouser
11-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Its not funny to me, it is pathetic what this nation is becoming.

Yes I am angry this morning, and I am an old white man who's life savings are going to be worthless, due to the inflation from this regimes endless deficit.

The same guy that promised he would cut the deficit in half in his first term.

I'm truly sorry.

I voted for Gary Johnson...

L.A. Chieffan
11-07-2012, 09:00 AM
We didn't go conservative enough! The republicans have made too many concessions and swung too far to the center.

HemiEd
11-07-2012, 09:02 AM

Exactly. Why do I give a fuck if two same sex people get married? Why do I care what a woman does in private with her own body? I don't.

DaveNull
11-07-2012, 09:03 AM
You RINO. You're what's wrong with the GOP

BucEyedPea
Exactly. Why do I give a **** if two same sex people get married? Why do I care what a woman does in private with her own body? I don't.

Or they could just invoke the Constitution: say it belongs with the states and stop pressing for an Amendment on this issue.

dirk digler
Exactly. Why do I give a fuck if two same sex people get married? Why do I care what a woman does in private with her own body? I don't.

Then don't vote or support people that do.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2012, 09:04 AM

They can't ignore it, or give up on it. They need to come right out and support it.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 09:04 AM

No RINO's are big spenders, want wars for profressive reasons and believe in global warming. It's not really social issues. A real conservative supports the federalism of the Constitution with its Tenth Amendment.

blaise
11-07-2012, 09:05 AM
I really think the way they need to better appeal to minorities is to be more aggressive in not accepting the fact that Democrats keep selling that if you're Republican you're racist or bigoted. Look at this thread alone- the premise is basically implying that if you're Republican you're an old white racist.
If you're accusing people of demagoguery, the left does it just the same. They're just more successful at doing it. And now that the feel the have minorities in their pocket they're moving to the War on Women rhetoric.

ChiTown
11-07-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm truly sorry.

I voted for Gary Johnson...

which, in turn, was a vote for Obama.

HemiEd
11-07-2012, 09:06 AM

No, Illegal immigrants that buy fake SSNs pay a tremendous amount of money into the system and will never get any of it back. That is the exact reason nothing is being done about illegal immigrants.

Well, unless Barrack Obama changes it.

ChiTown
11-07-2012, 09:07 AM
I really think the way they need to better appeal to minorities is to be more aggressive in not accepting the fact that Democrats keep selling that if you're Republican you're racist or bigoted. Look at this thread alone- the premise is basically implying that if you're Republican you're an old white racist.
If you're accusing people of demagoguery, the left does it just the same. They're just more successful at doing it. And now that the feel the have minorities in their pocket they're moving to the War on Women rhetoric.

:clap:

KILLER_CLOWN
11-07-2012, 09:08 AM

bullshit!

Romney was a vote for Obama, that liberal twit couldn't unite the base. Blame yourselves for the horrible GOP representative.

Pitt Gorilla
11-07-2012, 09:10 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83490.html#ixzz2BYG0LP00Uh, duh. Of course, Dick Morris was claiming that Romney was going to win big, so I'm not sure what he won't say.

Pitt Gorilla
11-07-2012, 09:11 AM
We didn't go conservative enough! The republicans have made too many concessions and swung too far to the center.Yeah, I'd run with that.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 09:12 AM
bullshit!

Romney was a vote for Obama, that liberal twit couldn't unite the base. Blame yourselves for the horrible GOP representative.

Yet, Brainiac thought he was an ideal candidate.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2012, 09:16 AM

When your platform includes trying to limit access to contraceptives and abortions, yeah, it's more than 'rhetoric"

sorry - GOP needs to flat out reverse its stance on that.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-07-2012, 09:17 AM
When your platform includes trying to limit access to contraceptives and abortions, yeah, it's more than 'rhetoric"

contraceptives yes, abortion no way.

gblowfish
11-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Conservative Talk Radio has been a scream this morning. Half the audience wants to pick up their guns and kill democrats, the other half wants to pick up their guns and kill themselves.

Brock
11-07-2012, 09:18 AM

Then you simply don't want to win.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2012, 09:19 AM

Only if you lived in a swing state (I dont). Thanks Electoral College!

KILLER_CLOWN
11-07-2012, 09:19 AM

We will win with a candidate that energizes the base, not by moving farther to the left and forsaking our values.

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 09:20 AM

I know it is only anecdotal but I spent alot of time with my dad's family and they were all hard core R's that watched Fox News 24/7. They are old white people and the reason why they hated Obama and would never vote for him was because he was black. They would never come out and say it but from their inferences it was obvious.

They also believed he was a socialist and a Muslim...

Again I don't want to generalize because I know all Republicans\conservatives are not like that but there is a large group that is.

Saulbadguy

this.

Concede the pointless bickering on gay marriage, abortion. It's a hopeless fight for the GOP.

blaise

Saying you don't want to pay for someone's abortion isn't a WAR ON WOMEN.

DaveNull
11-07-2012, 09:21 AM
We will win with a candidate that energizes the base, not by moving farther to the left and forsaking our values.

You really think that as you watch a moderate loose both the electoral and popular votes?

I don't think many people voted for Obama because Romney wasnt appealing to the base.

Brock
11-07-2012, 09:21 AM

Your values are stuck in the past, have been dropped on the side of the road and walked away from by the majority of americans. You lost that fight, it's over.

DaveNull
11-07-2012, 09:23 AM

No, but limiting access to other medical services and contraception sure is.

Saulbadguy

It is perceived as one. That's all that really matters here, isn't it?

banyon

"Our values"?

Aren't you always posting how both major party candidates are secretly trying to poison and kill all of us?

When did you join up with a party?

blaise
No, but limiting access to other medical services and contraception sure is.

It may be misguided, but it's not a war on women considering there's plenty of women in the Republican party.

Radar Chief
11-07-2012, 09:25 AM

And why is it perceived as one?

DaveNull
11-07-2012, 09:25 AM
It may be misguided, but it's not a war on women considering there's plenty of women in the Republican party.

Oh, well in that case...

Guess they don't have a problem appealing to Hispanics or African Americans because they've got Herman Cain and Marco Rubio.

Fish
11-07-2012, 09:27 AM
I know it is only anecdotal but I spent alot of time with my dad's family and they were all hard core R's that watched Fox News 24/7. They are old white people and the reason why they hated Obama and would never vote for him was because he was black. They would never come out and say it but from their inferences it was obvious.

Again I don't want to generalize because I know all Republicans\conservatives are not like that but there is a large group that is.

My family is exactly the same way. All I can do is teach my child to make up her own mind on such matters, and not perpetuate the hate into another generation.

blaise
11-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Oh, well in that case...

Guess they don't have a problem appealing to Hispanics or African Americans because they've got Herman Cain and Marco Rubio.

The argument above was whether the phrase, "War on women" is rhetoric. Not whether they're properly appealing to female voters.

You feel that limiting abortion funding constitutes a war on women? Considering millions of women vote Republican I have to wonder how you and the Democrats came to speak for all women.

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 09:36 AM
nice

http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnstanton/university-of-mississippi-students-riot-over-obama

Students from the University of Mississippi took to the streets late Tuesday night to protest President Barack Obama's reelection, blocking streets and burning Obama campaign signs until police broke up the mini-riot.

Shortly after midnight, angry students gathered outside the campus for a protest, which reportedly turned violent, with students throwing rocks, using racial slurs, and burning Obama's campaign signs, according to the Clarion Ledger (http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20121107/NEWS/311070044/Ole-Miss-students-protest-Obama-re-election-sparks-riot-rumors).

htismaqe
11-07-2012, 09:37 AM

Dude, my grandpa-in-law hates blacks, hates gays, and hates Communists. Oh and he hates Muslims too.

He voted for Obama because he is a UAW retiree and the Democrats are "for the unions".

blaise
11-07-2012, 09:38 AM
nice

http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnstanton/university-of-mississippi-students-riot-over-obama

So, it was like an Occupy rally.

NewChief
11-07-2012, 09:39 AM
nice

One of my former students posted on facebook, to a ton of likes, "If the south would've won we would've had it made."

This isn't some misanthropic social outcast kid, either. He's someone who is popular, well off, and a generally "good" kid.

blaise
11-07-2012, 09:39 AM

Well, that's why I said it was rhetoric. You're the one that said it isn't.

Frazod
11-07-2012, 09:40 AM

Just makes my feel great about losing my gun rights because through some sick fucking twist of fate my cause got married to morons who think like this. :facepalm:

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 09:42 AM
We didn't go conservative enough! The republicans have made too many concessions and swung too far to the center.

THIS kind of response will relegate the GOP to the trash-heap of failed political parties.

Of course. However, until we secure the borders and enforce existing laws...a reasonable pathway for those who are here, who are contributing members of society is going to be much more efficient than "Deport 'em all!!!"

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm simply analyzing the demographics of the exit polling. In other words--the facts. And it is what it is, even if it makes you squirm.

Discuss Thrower
11-07-2012, 09:45 AM
One of my former students posted on facebook, to a ton of likes, "If the south would've won we would've had it made."

This isn't some misanthropic social outcast kid, either. He's someone who is popular, well off, and a generally "good" kid.

Is he in a frat?

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Dude, my grandpa-in-law hates blacks, hates gays, and hates Communists. Oh and he hates Muslims too.

He voted for Obama because he is a UAW retiree and the Democrats are "for the unions".

LMAO

Like I said I don't want to generalize because I know there is alot of good and decent Republicans out there.

I honestly believe this is more of a generational issue than anything. At least I hope so.

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Just makes my feel great about losing my gun rights because through some sick fucking twist of fate my cause got married to morons who think like this. :facepalm:

cmon Fraz you aren't going to lose your gun rights. You are smarter than this

NewChief
11-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Is he in a frat?

Not sure. He's attending Pitt State.

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 09:49 AM

Dead wrong, Mr. Wanna-be-Whig. :rolleyes:

55-45 for Obama last night, last I saw...

Detoxing
11-07-2012, 09:52 AM
It's kinda funny watching Donger, the most out of touch poster on this board, try to defend Republican Politics as if it can't change or shouldn't. If you guys don't change, this problem will only get worse.

Romney could've easily won the Latino vote simply by addressing immigration reform, a subject neither candidate spent even 5 minutes on.

htismaqe
11-07-2012, 09:53 AM
LMAO

Like I said I don't want to generalize because I know there is alot of good and decent Republicans out there.

I honestly believe this is more of a generational issue than anything. At least I hope so.

It's not a generational issue at all.

The democrats have built a coalition of voters that would otherwise hate each other if they didn't have a "D" in common.

They've essentially built a European-style multi-party social democracy within their PARTY.

The Republicans are in for a hard fight if not outright doomed.

blaise
11-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Dead wrong, Mr. Wanna-be-Whig. :rolleyes:

55-45 for Obama last night, last I saw...

So, millions disagree that there's a war on them.

NewChief
11-07-2012, 09:57 AM

The democrats have built a coalition of voters that would otherwise hate each other if they didn't have a "D" in common.

They've essentially built a European-style multi-party social democracy within their PARTY.

This is interesting, as the Dems "big tent" was seen as a weakness for so long in that it made their "message" difficult to communicate and control. In addition, it was seen as a coalition of extreme/fringe groups that was out of touch with mainstream America. Somehow, though, they seem to have made it work.

BigCatDaddy
11-07-2012, 09:58 AM
nice

The Great Uniter

Frazod

Four more years of gun-hating liberal judges being shoved into system. I'm sure that will do wonders for my constitutional rights. :drool:

You can go shove that "smarter than this" crap right up your stupid liberal ass.

Radar Chief

And why is it perceived as one?

Anyone else care to tackle this since Saulbad left before answering?

NewChief
11-07-2012, 09:59 AM
The Great Uniter

We should certainly be bringing racist rioters into the fold, by all means. I'm really hoping to build a coalition and get some productive work done with them.

Radar Chief
11-07-2012, 10:00 AM

Obama has already said he wants to institute another assault weapons ban. :shrug:

NewChief
11-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Anyone else care to tackle this since Saulbad left before answering?

Because the anti-abortion movement doesn't end with stopping taxpayer funded abortions. The majority of the movement are perceived as wanting to outlaw abortion altogether, which is seen as a war on women.

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Four more years of gun-hating liberal judges being shoved into system. I'm sure that will do wonders for my constitutional rights..

You'll be relieved to know...no one is coming for your guns. Seriously.

Gun-control is to the right, what abortion is to the right...it stirs the faithful, but the pols know better than to really do anything about it.

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 10:03 AM

I was talking more about middle age\old white people hating minorities. Doesn't matter what side they are on.

There is just more of them on the R side right now. As they fall away there is potential to win them over especially Hispanics.

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Obama has already said he wants to institute another assault weapons ban. :shrug:

It would have to pass the House...not going to happen

Radar Chief
11-07-2012, 10:07 AM

I wouldn’t think so either but those are the man’s words so it’s not exactly unreasonable to be suspicious either.

Mr. Kotter

One of the advantages of "gridlock"--prevents either party from ramming extremist measures through.

InChiefsHell
That would help but you Brits are protestants. It's Catholic Hispanics who practice " be fruitful and multiply."

Made me think of...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ifgHHhw_6g8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Graystoke
11-07-2012, 10:11 AM
I honestly am not sure if its Angry White Men. It is more like the GOP is living in a vaccum and only listen to themselves.
For the Republicans to move forward they are going to have to come to the realization that the Future is NOW. The voter demographics have changed significantly. They need to embrace the Hispanics and make positive inroads with Women.
They really should step away from the Tea Party and quick.

Trivers
11-07-2012, 10:12 AM

In other words, support an entitlement society with increasing cradle to grave government support????

NewChief
11-07-2012, 10:14 AM
In other words, support an entitlement society with increasing cradle to grave government support????

See the way you just parsed his statements? That's why you lost the election.

Frazod
11-07-2012, 10:15 AM

Gun-control is to the right, what abortion is to the right...it stirs the faithful, but the pols know better than to really do anything about it.

Anybody who compares these two things is a fool. Not at all surprised that you did it.

Let's see, what's more important to me:

1. Being able to defend myself, my family, my home and my stuff.

2. Butting into the lives of people I'll never meet and don't give a shit about and telling them they've gotta have that baby because apparently it's in the bible somewhere. And GOD SENDING THEM TO HELL FOREVER just isn't punishment enough, either.

Fucking retards. EVERYWHERE. RETARDS. FUCK WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS COUNTRY. :banghead:

Bob Dole
11-07-2012, 10:17 AM
The Democrats went though a similar thing...between 1968 and 1988, when they lost 5 out of 6 Presidential elections, because they were out-of-touch with the country (too beholden to bleeding heart liberals and minorities.)

Pretty sure the party is still just as beholden.

The change came about because the groups finally immigrated and reproduced themselves into the majority.

KC native
11-07-2012, 10:17 AM

A lot of midwesterners don't realize how ingrained racism is in the south. I know I didn't until I moved to Texas.

Bowser
11-07-2012, 10:18 AM

We do. The problem is latina women are just fucking hawt.

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 10:19 AM
I wouldn’t think so either but those are the man’s words so it’s not exactly unreasonable to be suspicious either.

I think most people are or would be in support of reinstating the Brady act. They could modify it to make more appeasing but then again I just don't think the right would ever go for it.

Donger
11-07-2012, 10:23 AM
It's kinda funny watching Donger, the most out of touch poster on this board, try to defend Republican Politics as if it can't change or shouldn't. If you guys don't change, this problem will only get worse.

Romney could've easily won the Latino vote simply by addressing immigration reform, a subject neither candidate spent even 5 minutes on.

I'm not really defending anything. What sort of addressing do you think the GOP could have done to win the Latino vote?

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm not really defending anything. What sort of addressing do you think the GOP could have done to win the Latino vote?

Romney and the party for that matter shouldn't have tacked so far right. Bush lost the Latino vote by 10 points mostly because he tried to honestly address immigration reform fairly.

L.A. Chieffan
11-07-2012, 10:27 AM
THIS kind of response will relegate the GOP to the trash-heap of failed political parties.

There's nothing wrong with the Republican party, whats wrong is all those BRAIN WASHED MASSES sucking up that LAME STREAM MEDIA telling us that gays are good and drugs are good and living in a secular country is good! Stripping away our God given rights one at a time until we're all living in a cold, faithless, sterile world where you have to ask permission to raise a family and enjoy basic human rights!

Donger
11-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Romney and the party for that matter shouldn't have tacked so far right. Bush lost the Latino vote by 10 points mostly because he tried to honestly address immigration reform fairly.

Again, please give specifics.

Full-blown amnesty for illegals? Dream Act openly supported?

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Again, please give specifics.

Full-blown amnesty for illegals? Dream Act openly supported?

Yes on the DREAM Act and probably yes on amnesty with a penalty and go back in line.

Romney was against both of those as was the GOP. He wanted self-deportation.

I would also add the GOP and Romney loved the Arizona law...that really pissed off alot of Hispanics.

Radar Chief
11-07-2012, 10:34 AM
I think most people are or would be in support of reinstating the Brady act. They could modify it to make more appeasing but then again I just don't think the right would ever go for it.

I don't think you're getting an accurate feel for the electorate as it’s been trending in the exact opposite direction for a few years now.

kaplin42
11-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Before I get into this, I want to state for the record that I am a white male in my mid 30’s.

The GOP has failed, and will continue to fail until change actually happens. As of now, the perception of the Republican Party is as stated in the OP, old, angry white men. The truth is there are Republicans of all ages, ethnicities and orientations. The problem is that they still tout the angry, old white male philosophies.

Take a look at the big time social issues:

• Global Warming. False, nothing more than liberal propaganda. Even if true, then fantastic, we are one step closer to living with in God’s domain.

• Science. False. My bible tells me everything that I need to know. Jesus rode dinosaurs btw.

• Civil rights:
Glass ceiling for woman in the work place
Racism is alive and well.
Gay marriage is absolutely offensive to most Republicans

• Women are the dumbest creatures on the planet. They don’t know what to do with their bodies, and they need us men to tell them how it should be.
See birth control
See abstinence
See “legitimate rape” and “God’s Gift Rape”
See Abortion

Those are just several of the main points that came up during this election. Like it or not, true or not, the perception of the GOP, created by the GOP is that they are a bunch of hate mongering, xeno and homophobic ignorant assholes.

Well guess what. My generation is coming into power soon. Another 10 years, and my generation will be the ones controlling things, not our parent's and certainly not our grandparent’s generations. And with every new generation, tolerance and acceptance becomes more and more the everyday norm. And with every new generation that takes control, the above points and ones similar in nature will become anathema to this country.

If the GOP would like to survive the coming years, they had best figure out how to stop being so far right, and start getting back in touch with mainstream America. There is nothing wrong with, quite the opposite actually with being a conservative. But being a conservative is hardly a cornerstone of the Republican Party at this time. The angry, old white vote is dying, and if the GOP is not careful, it’s relevance will die with them.

TL;DR

Angry Old White men

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w461/ZombieClownZ/Stuff%20n%20Things/images-1.jpg

Detoxing
11-07-2012, 10:42 AM

The Dream act would be a damn good start. Obviously amnesty would do it, but we can all admit that Amnesty wouldn't be smart and the majority of the country likely wouldn't support it, therefore lets throw that out the window.

I don't have the answers, if i did i would be far more involved in politics. That's their job to figure out. But you have to start somewhere and at least pretend that you care about them.

That's all Obama had to do. Give them SOMETHING to make them believe that you have their back.

Romney did absolutely nothing to win the latino vote. And over the course of the last 4 years, i think it's pretty damn evident that Republican's have regressed in that field.

I find it funny when people say Romney should've been MORE conservative. The conservatives are going to vote for Romney regardless because he's still more conservative than Obama. Being even MORE conservative isn't going to win over those who are on the fence.

BigCatDaddy
11-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Before I get into this, I want to state for the record that I am a white male in my mid 30’s.

The GOP has failed, and will continue to fail until change actually happens. As of now, the perception of the Republican Party is as stated in the OP, old, angry white men. The truth is there are Republicans of all ages, ethnicities and orientations. The problem is that they still tout the angry, old white male philosophies.

• Global Warming. False, nothing more than liberal propaganda. Even if true, then fantastic, we are one step closer to living with in God’s domain.

• Science. False. My bible tells me everything that I need to know. Jesus rode dinosaurs btw.

• Civil rights:

• Women are the dumbest creatures on the planet. They don’t know what to do with their bodies, and they need us men to tell them how it should be.
See birth control
See abstinence
See Abortion

Those are just several of the main points that came up during this election. Like it or not, true or not, the perception of the GOP, created by the GOP is that they are a bunch of hate mongering, xeno and homophobic ignorant assholes.

Well guess what. My generation is coming into power soon. Another 10 years, and my generation will be the ones controlling things, not our parent's and certainly not our grandparent’s generations. And with every new generation, tolerance and acceptance becomes more and more the everyday norm. And with every new generation that takes control, the above points and ones similar in nature will become anathema to this country.

If the GOP would like to survive the coming years, they had best figure out how to stop being so far right, and start getting back in touch with mainstream America. There is nothing wrong with, quite the opposite actually with being a conservative. But being a conservative is hardly a cornerstone of the Republican Party at this time. The angry, old white vote is dying, and if the GOP is not careful, it’s relevance will die with them.

TL;DR

Angry Old White men

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w461/ZombieClownZ/Stuff%20n%20Things/images-1.jpg

Yeah, that's exactly how they think and feel :rolleyes:

Brock
11-07-2012, 10:46 AM

It appears your party has a pr problem.

Pitt Gorilla
11-07-2012, 10:48 AM
There's nothing wrong with the Republican party, whats wrong is all those BRAIN WASHED MASSES sucking up that LAME STREAM MEDIA telling us that gays are good and drugs are good and living in a secular country is good! Stripping away our God given rights one at a time until we're all living in a cold, faithless, sterile world where you have to ask permission to raise a family and enjoy basic human rights!ROFL

Detoxing
11-07-2012, 10:52 AM

• Civil rights:

See birth control
See abstinence
See Abortion

TL;DR

Angry Old White men

This is absolutely the truth. Extreme Right wing will deny, deny deny. They have to understand that they can still be conservative AND update their philosophies.

But these ARE the issues killing the GOP.

A few days ago i was talking a little bit of politics with a 25 y/o female who said she was a Democrat. So i asked her a few fundamental questions and as it turned out, she identified far more as a Republican than a Democrat.

So why did she think she was a democrat? Because she thought of the Republican party as a bunch of Old, rich white men who were out of touch on social issues. As a lower income woman, she thought of herself as the opposite of Republican. Fundamentally, she agreed with Republicans. But because of the stigma of WHO republicans are, she thought of herself as a Demo.

She voted Demo, btw.

Image problem in a nut shell.

DaveNull
11-07-2012, 10:53 AM

• Civil rights:

See birth control
See abstinence
See Abortion

TL;DR

Angry Old White men

Thanks for writing what I didn't have time for. The GOP has become the party of ignorance and intolerance. I'm willing to deal with a more keynsian economic approach if that's what it takes to keep science deniers, xenophobes, racists and masogonists out of power.

I'll also add that I'm a white male in my mid 30s with business and economics related degrees who voted for GWB twice. The GOP does nothing for me now.

NewChief
11-07-2012, 10:55 AM
These last few posts are interesting, because what they are essentially saying is, "It's NOT the economy, stupid."

So, is that the case? Are we in a post-economic society where people see the economic malaise as being so unassailable, that it's a moot issue at this point?

BigCatDaddy
11-07-2012, 10:59 AM
It appears your party has a pr problem.

Or people will eat any shit shoveled down their throat.

kaplin42

Why don't you go and que up all the footage over just election of Romney and fellow GOPers. Then come back and tell me I'm wrong.

Mr. Kotter
Anybody who compares these two things is a fool. Not at all surprised that you did it.

2. Butting into the lives of people I'll never meet and don't give a shit about and telling them they've gotta have that baby because apparently it's in the bible somewhere. And GOD SENDING THEM TO HELL FOREVER just isn't punishment enough, either.

****ing retards. EVERYWHERE. RETARDS. **** WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS COUNTRY. :banghead:

What you fail to understand....I am talking about AS A POLITICAL ISSUE, to be used by the party. Not any phony moral equivalence you imagine me implying.

Of course, there is little similarity otherwise. However, not understanding how wedge issues are used by politicians in elections to manipulate voters....that has led to one party or the other, pulling the wool over voters eyes--with their complete cooperation, BTW. The GOP just got punked in this election, on abortion (legitimate rape/will of God crap)...and it cost them dearly.

Notice that Dems didn't waste much time or energy on gun-control this time? :hmmm:

Pretty sure the party is still just as beholden.

The change came about because the groups finally immigrated and reproduced themselves into the majority.

Some truth to what you are saying, perhaps; but the GOP hasn't figured out how to deal with that. That and Dems began to court white middle-class working people again...after alienating them for 20 years.

Brock
11-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Or people will eat any shit shoveled down their throat.

Are you really going to try to sell that republicans don't pander to the God Squad?

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Yes on the DREAM Act and probably yes on amnesty with a penalty and go back in line.

I would also add the GOP and Romney loved the Arizona law...that really pissed off alot of Hispanics.

But, but, but what about the Romanians with foreign accents going through the supermarket check-out using EBT cards?
Yeah, Americans really like seeing things like that.

Welcome to the NWO order which is supported by the two peas-in-a-pod of candidate choices.

kaplin42
11-07-2012, 11:04 AM
These last few posts are interesting, because what they are essentially saying is, "It's NOT the economy, stupid."

So, is that the case? Are we in a post-economic society where people see the economic malaise as being so unassailable, that it's a moot issue at this point?

I don't think so. I think the country as a whole, left and right are very serious about the economy. But as stated above, social issues are huge. How can I trust someone to fix the economy when they actually believe that there is a hormone in a woman's body that will block pregnancy if she is raped, otherwise, she is just a slut and really wanted that dick no matter how much she screamed.

nstygma
11-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Whahappened?Wow, they misspelled the name of our country? ROFL

BigCatDaddy
11-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Are you really going to try to sell that republicans don't pander to the God Squad?

Not to the extent that dumbshit bought into. The whole "Science is the devil" line of crap.

BigCatDaddy
11-07-2012, 11:06 AM
I don't think so. I think the country as a whole, left and right are very serious about the economy. But as stated above, social issues are huge. How can I trust someone to fix the economy when they actually believe that there is a hormone in a woman's body that will block pregnancy if she is raped, otherwise, she is just a slut and really wanted that dick no matter how much she screamed.

Because that's exactly what he meant.

Brock
11-07-2012, 11:07 AM

What did he mean?

rabblerouser
11-07-2012, 11:09 AM

No, - I live in MO; I knew we would be at least 70% Republican, and we were.

It's 5th grade civics.

I know how this okie-doke works; I'm under no illusions that my vote mattered one way or the other.

Donger

Okay, thanks.

BigCatDaddy
What did he mean?

Probably not this. "if she is raped, otherwise, she is just a slut and really wanted that dick no matter how much she screamed."

I think this was hashed out in here and he was factually correct. Just put it in a stupid way.

NewChief
11-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Nice.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=102648&stc=1&d=1352311804

kaplin42
11-07-2012, 11:14 AM

Point is, even if that is not what he meant, the perception is that is EXACTLY what he meant.

I can totally see that Mourdock with the "Gods Gift Rape" was not trying to be insensitive. He was trying to say "that life, any life, even life conceived in the most heinous of circumstances is a precious thing that should not just be thrown away"

Sadly for him it came out as "dumb slut got what she deserved"

Iowanian
11-07-2012, 11:14 AM

I'd think a history teacher might recall the brady bill, might recall that there was a recent 5-4 SCOTUS gun rights vote that swings with one dipshit judge. You might recall that the POTUS in the 2nd debate said he was indeed in favor of gun control and assault weapons bans.

Your IQ plummets further below 75 with each post.

Frazod
11-07-2012, 11:22 AM

Yeah, this sort of goes hand in hand with the country getting progressively worse and worse over the years. The flower child twats from the 60s are the ones running the country in the ground now. Can't wait to see what you clowns will do. Assuming you ever get the chance.

The funny thing is, you talk about tolerance and acceptance like they're the most important things ever (as you've been programmed to) - yet these high-minded ideals of yours only flourish in a stable society. This nation is on the road to ruin, and when we get there, I'm pretty sure the only ass your going to worry about getting fucked is your own.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Yeah, this sort of goes hand in hand with the country getting progressively worse and worse over the years. The flower child twats from the 60s are the ones running the country in the ground now. Can't wait to see what you clowns will do. Assuming you ever get the chance.

The funny thing is, you talk about tolerance and acceptance like they're the most important things ever (as you've been programmed to) - yet these high-minded ideals of yours only flourish in a stable society. This nation is on the road to ruin, and when we get there, I'm pretty sure the only ass your going to worry about getting ****ed is your own.

Yet you support Hamiltonian policies that breed a class of plutocrats that run our govt and who own both candidates. So we get spending, an economy manipulated with central bank manipulation of interest rates and empire.

NewChief
11-07-2012, 11:27 AM

The funny thing is, you talk about tolerance and acceptance like they're the most important things ever (as you've been programmed to) - yet these high-minded ideals of yours only flourish in a stable society. This nation is on the road to ruin, and when we get there, I'm pretty sure the only ass your going to worry about getting ****ed is your own.

And I know this is only Chiefsplanet, and I share some of your sentiments... but this sort of billy badass rhetoric is also a problem of the right. I'm not picking on you here frazod (once again, I agree with many of your concerns, and I actually was going to posit that these guys who are worried more about social issues than the economy may be young and without families), but the Right is really, really bad at coming off as complete fucking assholes who don't give a shit about other people.

Going back to Travon Martin: maybe there's no racism in a person's stance on it, but when they're saying shit like, "thuggy hood rat probably had it coming. One less baby daddy in the welfare line" (not an exact quote) then it's really easy for them to be painted as racist.

Frazod
11-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Yet you support Hamiltonian policies that breed a class of plutocrats that run our govt and who own both candidates. So we get spending, an economy manipulated with central bank manipulation of interest rates and empire.

LMAO

No, I admire many of the things the man achieved in life, you stupid bitch. Doesn't mean I agree with everything he ever did, or that I have a candle-lit shrine to him in my closet.

I noticed you posted a quote from the Federalist Papers earlier today. Gee, I wonder who wrote that?

Iowanian
11-07-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm terribly excited for the generation who live at home until they're in their 30's are in control.

Federal budgets for improving the engine behind HALO will save us all.

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 11:32 AM
I'd think a history teacher might recall the brady bill, might recall that there was a recent 5-4 SCOTUS gun rights vote that swings with one dipshit judge. You might recall that the POTUS in the 2nd debate said he was indeed in favor of gun control and assault weapons bans....

None of what you are citing involves the government taking hunting guns or guns for personal protection from any law-abiding citizen. Assault weapons, aside. Try again.

Frazod
11-07-2012, 11:33 AM
And I know this is only Chiefsplanet, and I share some of your sentiments... but this sort of billy badass rhetoric is also a problem of the right. I'm not picking on you here frazod (once again, I agree with many of your concerns, and I actually was going to posit that these guys who are worried more about social issues than the economy may be young and without families), but the Right is really, really bad at coming off as complete fucking assholes who don't give a shit about other people.

Going back to Travon Martin: maybe there's no racism in a person's stance on it, but when they're saying shit like, "thuggy hood rat probably had it coming. One less baby daddy in the welfare line" (not an exact quote) then it's really easy for them to be painted as racist.

Billy badass rhetoric? Ask yourself this - do you think the average Athenian still gave a shit about the concepts of liberty and democracy when he didn't know where his next meal was coming from?

Detoxing
11-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Billy badass rhetoric? Ask yourself this - do you think the average Athenian still gave a shit about the concepts of liberty and democracy when he didn't know where his next meal was coming from?

Yes Fraz, the end of the world is coming. The economy is going to shit itself and we're all going to get blasted back to the Bronze age.

Frazod
11-07-2012, 11:35 AM
I'd think a history teacher might recall the brady bill, might recall that there was a recent 5-4 SCOTUS gun rights vote that swings with one dipshit judge. You might recall that the POTUS in the 2nd debate said he was indeed in favor of gun control and assault weapons bans.

One of the best things about not having kids is not having to worry about clowns like him teaching them.

gblowfish
11-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Interesting map breakdowns in the NY Times of who won and why:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/11/07/us/politics/obamas-diverse-base-of-support.html

Frazod
11-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Yes Fraz, the end of the world is coming. The economy is going to shit itself and we're all going to get blasted back to the Bronze age.

Right, it's absolutely outside the realm of possibility. Because it's never happened to a powerful, advanced civilized society before. Not once. Not ever.

Nope. Nothing to see here. Move along. Don't worry, be happy.

kaplin42
11-07-2012, 11:37 AM

For the record. Bush and his Republican congress that passed every bill they wanted were the ones that put in the place we are today. Blame Obama all you want, but all your doing is blaming the guy that had to pick up the pieces and try to put them back together. Clinton left the country in great shape, Bush and Co. destroyed it, and Obama has been trying to put it back together. Sorry it hasn't been accomplished yet in 4 years.

Iowanian
11-07-2012, 11:38 AM
None of what you are citing involves the government taking hunting guns or guns for personal protection from any law-abiding citizen. Assault weapons, aside. Try again.

Who in the hell are you or Barry S. to decide what is or isn't a hunting gun.

As a history teacher, I assumed you would know that the 2nd amendment's intent has NOTHING to do with "hunting guns".

The students under your direction are being issued a disservice by their district.

Donger
11-07-2012, 11:39 AM

If by ruin you mean marching toward "socialism" and a desire for greater influence of government, I'd agree with you. It really is a shame.

Detoxing
11-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Right, it's absolutely outside the realm of possibility. Because it's never happened to a powerful, advanced civilized society before. Not once. Not ever.

Nope. Nothing to see here. Move along. Don't worry, be happy.

lol. I share some of your concerns. As a 27 year old, i am plenty aware that my generation is filled with a lot of shit head losers. But i am also aware that my generation is full of some really smart people as well. The internet generation is creating a lot of really aware, smart kids with an abundance of knowledge at their finger tips. Our colleges are producing some of the best and brightest minds in the world. Our youth are more politically and culturally aware now than ever before.

We'll be just fine.

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Who in the hell are you or Fece S. to decide what is or isn't a hunting gun.

As a history teacher, I assumed you would know that the 2nd amendment's intent has NOTHING to do with "hunting guns".

The students under your direction are being issued a disservice by their district.

Of course it doesn't; but most guns have nothing to do with "state militias" either. The hunting aspect is a modern cultural component that would render any serious attempts to control guns as politcally impractical in our society. Of course, that doesn't stop the doomsday rhetoric of the NRA and other RWNJ groups.

JohninGpt
11-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Think about most of the obnoxious conservatives in this forum: Angry White Men....it says it all.

This is a Kansas City Chiefs forum. Most of us are white men, and all of us are angry.

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 11:45 AM

The SC also stated states or the government could impose reasonable laws to restrict guns.

There can be reasonable gun control laws as long as they don't allow the fringe on each side to screw it up.

Much like immigration reform

:shrug:

Iowanian
Maybe you should spend some of your Work-day planet time re-reading the constitution.

Possibly one of the special ed teachers can facilitate your understanding of the document by removing 2 of the 4 multiple choice answers from your test.

The constitution says nothing about hunting. None of the regulations you support imposing are mentioned. Not once.

Oh........the SCOTUS CAN impose gun regulations? You mean if Obama installs a couple of liberal gun haters in the court system, it COULD affect the rights of law abiding citizens?
Who would have thought that, Dirk.

Washington DC and Obama's "Home town" of Chicago have pretty damn strict gun control laws............What do their violent crime rates and gun related murder rates look like?

Mr. Kotter
This is a Kansas City Chiefs forum. Most of us are white men, and all of us are angry.

From the personal attacks....fraz and Iowanian seem foremost among them. Heh

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Maybe you should spend some of your Work-day planet time re-reading the constitution.

Possibly one of the special ed teachers can facilitate your understanding of the document by removing 2 of the 4 multiple choice answers from your test.

The constitution says nothing about hunting. None of the regulations you support imposing are mentioned. Not once.

Took my personal day, today. I plan ahead. Try again, sir.

Iowanian
11-07-2012, 11:49 AM
You don't know What in the Hel'n are you talking about

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 11:50 AM
You don't know What in the Hel'n are you talking about

Keep tellin' yourself that...and then you can keep wondering why your guys keep losing, if you do.

kaplin42
11-07-2012, 11:51 AM

Oh........the SCOTUS CAN impose gun regulations? You mean if Obama installs a couple of liberal gun haters in the court system, it COULD affect the rights of law abiding citizens?

Washington DC and Obama's "Home town" of Chicago have pretty damn strict gun control laws............What do their violent crime rates and gun related murder rates look like?

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering if, in your opinion, we should forever live by guidelines set up over 200 years ago, or if maybe we should adjust for the day and age we currently live in?

I mean you are such an authority on the constitution, then you of all people should know that the constitution was by it's very nature, designed to be changed when needed.

Brock
11-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering if, in your opinion, we should forever live by guidelines set up over 200 years ago, or if maybe we should adjust for the day and age we currently live in?

I mean you are such an authority on the constitution, then you of all people should know that the constitution was by it's very nature, designed to be changed when needed.

You can adjust for the day and age we currently live in, as long as you are extending freedom and not inhibiting it.

BigCatDaddy
11-07-2012, 11:53 AM
You can adjust for the day and age we currently live in, as long as you are extending freedom and not inhibiting it.

Exactly.

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 11:57 AM

Sure that is possible just like if Romney won he could have put in place a couple of men that hate women to overturn Roe v Wade and make women who want abortions to go back into the alley and use coat hangers.

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 11:58 AM

The right to swing your fist ends where the other guy's nose begins. All rights and freedoms are relative to the rights and freedoms of others--your rights end when they infringe on the rights of others.

That ain't modern liberal activist Constitutional law; that's from the founding fathers, sir.

Brock
11-07-2012, 12:00 PM
All rights and freedoms are relative to the rights and freedoms of others--your rights end when they infringe on the rights of others.

That's correct. That means you cannot inhibit my rights because someone else is abusing theirs.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2012, 12:03 PM

It's remembrances like this that make me value this board over any other. Holy shit that was funny.

HemiEd
11-07-2012, 12:03 PM

****ing retards. EVERYWHERE. RETARDS. **** WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS COUNTRY. :banghead:
"We have transformed ourselves into a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers."

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 12:04 PM
That's correct. That means you cannot inhibit my rights because someone else is abusing theirs.

In order to promote the general welfare and the common good, and to ensure domestic tranquility....well, yes, the S.C. has said we can. Numerous times.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2012, 12:06 PM

You're killing me here. LMAO

Iowanian
11-07-2012, 12:16 PM

This might be as good of a place to mention that it's noon on the first day after Obama's election and the markets "shit itself" down 300 points.

Phobia
11-07-2012, 12:20 PM

Not in Missouri, it wasn't. I voted for GJ too as a calculated risk knowing full well that Missouri wouldn't go to Obama.

Phobia
11-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I agree with OP though. I become so angry and white that I became Libertarian. Screw the Repubs and screw the Dems. Now I'm a 1%er.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 12:22 PM
I agree with OP though. I become so angry and white that I became Libertarian. Screw the Repubs and screw the Dems. Now I'm a 1%er.

Yay! :clap: Another for our side!

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 12:24 PM
This might be as good of a place to mention that it's noon on the first day after Obama's election and the markets "shit itself" down 300 points.

Plutocrats throwing a tantrum to show their "anger?" Imagine that. Hopefully the prospect of whining and crying for the next four years will wear on them soon enough.

Iowanian
11-07-2012, 12:33 PM
whatever you say Mr Twatter.

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 12:35 PM
whatever you say Mr Twatter.

Have a good day, Napoleon.

Frazod
11-07-2012, 12:36 PM
lol. I share some of your concerns. As a 27 year old, i am plenty aware that my generation is filled with a lot of shit head losers. But i am also aware that my generation is full of some really smart people as well. The internet generation is creating a lot of really aware, smart kids with an abundance of knowledge at their finger tips. Our colleges are producing some of the best and brightest minds in the world. Our youth are more politically and culturally aware now than ever before.

We'll be just fine.

Being effectively programmed is not the same as being aware. By and large, our colleges are more concerned with indoctrination than education.

And the really funny part is that you, and others here like you, think these wonderful enlightened leaders that you so completely cherish give two shits about you or your well being.

And the sheep goes BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-07-2012, 12:39 PM
When you rob Peter 2 pay Paul your always gonna have Paul's support. Increase the dependents an increase votes. That's Why Obama won.

Frazod
11-07-2012, 12:41 PM
"We have transformed ourselves into a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers."

One way or another, it won't last much longer.

Brock
11-07-2012, 12:42 PM
When you rob Peter 2 pay Paul your always gonna have Paul's support. Increase the dependents an increase votes. That's Why Obama won.

LMAO

BigCatDaddy
11-07-2012, 12:42 PM

That's what I'm thinking It's now basically shit economy vote D, great economy vote R.

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 12:43 PM

Did you read that on Twitter?

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 12:45 PM

Let me guess...Limbaugh?

Or is it Beck? :shrug:

DaveNull
11-07-2012, 12:45 PM

You realize that attitudes that dismiss democratic voters like this helped allow the failed platform and campaign of Romney to happen, right?

DaveNull
11-07-2012, 12:46 PM
That's what I'm thinking It's now basically shit economy vote D, great economy vote R.

That's certainly how the GOP sells it. Too bad it doesn't actually work out that way.

Phobia
11-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Yay! :clap: Another for our side!

Been on that side for years. Just wish it were at least a 5%er.

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-07-2012, 12:47 PM
You realize that attitudes that dismiss democratic voters like this helped allow the failed platform and campaign of Romney to happen, right?

Truth hurt?

Frazod
11-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Took my personal day, today. I plan ahead. Try again, sir.

The good news is your students might actually learn something useful today. :thumb:

DaveNull
11-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Truth hurt?

Wut?

Phobia
11-07-2012, 12:49 PM
It's strange though. In my circle, it seems like I'm more a 25%er. I have a ton of fb friends too so it's not like I isolate myself to just very close, like-minded people. I was expecting a better showing from GJ.

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 12:51 PM
For the record. Bush and his Republican congress that passed every bill they wanted were the ones that put in the place we are today. Blame Obama all you want, but all your doing is blaming the guy that had to pick up the pieces and try to put them back together. Clinton left the country in great shape, Bush and Co. destroyed it, and Obama has been trying to put it back together. Sorry it hasn't been accomplished yet in 4 years.

Well, let's look at it more objectively:

1) Clinton pulled in a Republican congress. So if you think he left the country in great shape then you would have to give that mix credit particularly since the House has the power of the purse.

2) Bush inherited Clinton's recession too.

3) Obama inherited the mess by Bush, but he did not and still does not have the right policies to get us out of it in a few years. It does not need to take this long. Obama also studied up on FDR whose policies made that depression into the Great Depression and lasted longer. That simply does not make an economy better.

4) Ignoring the role of the Federal Reserve for creating booms followed by busts is vital instead of blaming presidents. All during the Clinton era Greenspan printed money and stimulated. That money has to be spent which led to the dot com boom which went bust too. Clinton also boasted about his pushing sub-prime mortgages under the CRA for housing socialism which was part of what went wrong in 2008. Now Bush is guilty too because he pushed the "Ownership Society" and this stuff too. All and all Greenspan deserves a lot of blame too. But he doesn't get it. He enables all the spending by govt and private sector and that does not help the banks.

You have to let markets clear and things will repair faster. It's because politicians can't suffer any pain nor can the people. But that's what it takes. Keynesianism is on it's last legs.

kaplin42
11-07-2012, 12:51 PM

Might be a good thing to mention that this is not a unique occurence and happens almost every election.

Day After Presidential Election Usually Rocky For Stocks (http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2012/11/05/day-after-presidential-election-usually-rocky-for-stocks/)

Stop listening to Hannity and Rush and learn to think for your ****ing self.

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Exhibit A

http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Screen-shot-2012-11-07-at-2.19.14-PM.png

BucEyedPea
11-07-2012, 12:53 PM
It's strange though. In my circle, it seems like I'm more a 25%er. I have a ton of fb friends too so it's not like I isolate myself to just very close, like-minded people. I was expecting a better showing from GJ.

I thought he was gonna get 5%.

KILLER_CLOWN
Been on that side for years. Just wish it were at least a 5%er.

Me too, it's a rigged game though and more would vote that way if they thought that candidate had a chance.

dirk digler
Exhibit B

http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Screen-shot-2012-11-07-at-2.19.51-PM.png

Mr. Kotter
Exhibit A

http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Screen-shot-2012-11-07-at-2.19.14-PM.png

Actually, that would be Exhibit C....behind fraz and Iowanian.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Exhibit B

http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Screen-shot-2012-11-07-at-2.19.51-PM.png

Cat Scratch Fever!!!!!!!!

NewChief
11-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Exhibit B

That's the kind of rhetoric that makes it all too easy for the Right to be painted as racist morons. It does a great job of rallying the true believers and firing them up... not such a good job of building an inclusive, winning coalition.

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 12:59 PM

nah those guys aren't like that at all

Phobia
11-07-2012, 01:00 PM
That's the kind of rhetoric that makes it all too easy for the Right to be painted as racist morons. It does a great job of rallying the true believers and firing them up... not such a good job of building an inclusive, winning coalition.

Yeah. Ted is under the mistaken assumption that most people are reasonable, productive members of society. The scare tactics and chicken little crap does very little in the big picture.

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Exhibit B

But it's ok for the left to call Stacy Dash every name in the book cause she wanted Mitt? ****ing Left is a joke.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/10/stacey-dash-mitt-romney-endorsement-racist-tweets-twitter-backlash-_n_1954021.html

KILLER_CLOWN
11-07-2012, 01:02 PM
But it's ok for the left to call Stacy Dash every name in the book cause she wanted Mitt? ****ing Left is a joke.

You can't be a hater if you're a leftist! ROFL

Mr. Kotter

No, that's equally stupid.

Donger

I don't see any race mentioned there.

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 01:04 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/10/stacey-dash-mitt-romney-endorsement-racist-tweets-twitter-backlash-_n_1954021.html

That isn't right. Of course I never heard about it until just now

HemiEd
11-07-2012, 01:11 PM
One way or another, it won't last much longer.

Its a bleak and dark day in Chicagoland.

NewChief
11-07-2012, 01:15 PM
I don't see any race mentioned there.

It doesn't have to be mentioned. That's the beauty of it. It's assumed.

Hey, it ain't fair, but that's the way it goes. Sucks for the Right.

blaise
11-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Exhibit B

You realize you could go on twitter and find plenty of ugly things said about Mitt Romney and Republicans, right?

Donger
11-07-2012, 01:17 PM

I would argue that it sucks for the person doing the assuming, and it's a shame to see you so flippantly do so.

rabblerouser
11-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Not in Missouri, it wasn't. I voted for GJ too as a calculated risk knowing full well that Missouri wouldn't go to Obama.

Exactly.

I knew Mitt would pull MO; I went with GJ to try and get that fabled 5%.

fuck!!!

blaise
11-07-2012, 01:19 PM

There's plenty of racist comments to be found by right wingers on twitter, but that particular comment seems more driven at liberals as a whole. It really doesn't seem racial.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Rush brought up some good points today.....

We are now a majority nation of children where Santa Claus wins over hard work.

He says the GOP has tried to reach out to minorities and it still fails...

We had Suzanne Martinez, female Hispanic governor, New Mexico. We had Condoleezza Rice, African-American, former secretary of state. Both of those people imminently qualified, terrifically achieved. They have reached the pinnacles of their profession.

We had Marco Rubio. We had a parade of minorities who have become successful Americans. And they all had a common story: up from nothing, hard work, their parents sacrificed for them. Now, why didn't that work, folks?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/11/07/in_a_nation_of_children_santa_claus_wins

htismaqe
11-07-2012, 01:20 PM

Gary was a bad candidate. I don't know if you saw my posts the last couple of days but in the interviews I heard on the radio, he sounded like a career politician. Refused to answer questions honestly and when pressed, got mad and hung up.

NewChief
11-07-2012, 01:22 PM
There's plenty of racist comments to be found by right wingers on twitter, but that particular comment seems more driven at liberals as a whole. It really doesn't seem racial.

Okay. Fair enough. I should have just pointed to the vitriolic rhetoric in general. Now, I know that the Left does the same thing, but the Right, at some point, is going to have to realize that the Rush Limbaugh/Michael Savage/Ted Nugent crowd is awesome for the echo chamber but horrible for reaching outside to build coalitions.

DaveNull
11-07-2012, 01:22 PM
You realize you could go on twitter and find plenty of ugly things said about Mitt Romney and Republicans, right?

Yah, but those people probably don't headline Fundraisers or go on talking head shows like Sean Hannity

DaveNull
11-07-2012, 01:26 PM
We had Suzanne Martinez, female Hispanic governor, New Mexico. We had Condoleezza Rice, African-American, former secretary of state. Both of those people imminently qualified, terrifically achieved. They have reached the pinnacles of their profession.

We had Marco Rubio. We had a parade of minorities who have become successful Americans. And they all had a common story: up from nothing, hard work, their parents sacrificed for them. Now, why didn't that work, folks?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/11/07/in_a_nation_of_children_santa_claus_wins

Because a handful of minority republicans has no bearing on the unpopularity of the policies that the party professes. Same thing for women voters. Just because Anne coulter is a republican doesn't make mandatory transvaginal ultrasounds less intrusive or denying equal pay for women more palatable.

Frazod

Ask patteeu how often I see eye to eye with him and the other Republicans around here. I'm not religious, and I don't give a shit about the social issues that get most of them all keyed up. I cared about one issue in this race - the 2nd Amendment. That's why I held my nose and voted for Romney, and why I wish he'd won even though I think he's a complete scumbag.

My problem with you and your little manifesto is that I don't like being lectured at by idiots. That should be simple enough for even you to figure out.

htismaqe
Yah, but those people probably don't headline Fundraisers or go on talking head shows like Sean Hannity

The hell they don't. Seriously, that's just a bold falsehood.

Both sides use inflammatory rhetoric ALL THE TIME.

HemiEd
11-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Let me guess...Limbaugh?

Or is it Beck? :shrug:

It was a line in an email I received this morning, with no author. It is how I see things, so I adopted it.

Two elections in a row, the Republicans presented a candidate that had some actual qualifications well beyond that of a community organizer, with no credentials other than he was black, well dressed and spoke eloquently.

I trusted both of the other candidates to have the countries best interest at heart, Obama not so much.

Instead, "The Majority" made up of combined previous minorities elect a man that has never even ran a convenience store. He has zero qualifications in my opinion.

They elect a man that is going to "re-distribute the wealth" (give them free shit that someone else earned) and will continue to grow the federal government until it can no longer be sustained.

The stock market is down 300 points today, and I think that is only the beginning. But carry on, as a school teacher in a unpopulated state, you will be somewhat isolated from the repercussions of last night.

Phobia
11-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Gary was a bad candidate. I don't know if you saw my posts the last couple of days but in the interviews I heard on the radio, he sounded like a career politician. Refused to answer questions honestly and when pressed, got mad and hung up.

Yeah. That's fair. I was voting for 2016 anyway. Now I get to vote for 2020 next time.

ChiefsCountry
11-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Rush brought up some good points today.....

We are now a majority nation of children where Santa Claus wins over hard work.

He says the GOP has tried to reach out to minorities and it still fails...

Lots of good soild points made by Rush.

DaveNull
11-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Instead, "The Majority" made up of combined previous minorities elect a man that has never even ran a convenience store. He has zero qualifications in my opinion.

Pretty sure he has four years more experience being President than Mitt Romney.

El Jefe
11-07-2012, 01:34 PM
End of thread.

Exactly. The majority of the people with 5+ kids are suckling from the governments tit.

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2012, 01:35 PM
It was a line in an email I received this morning, with no author. It is how I see things, so I adopted it.

Two elections in a row, the Republicans presented a candidate that had some actual qualifications well beyond that of a community organizer, with no credentials other than he was black, well dressed and spoke eloquently.

I trusted both of the other candidates to have the countries best interest at heart, Obama not so much.

They elect a man that is going to "re-distribute the wealth" (give them free shit that someone else earned) and will continue to grow the federal government until it can no longer be sustained.

The stock market is down 300 points today, and I think that is only the beginning....

I suspect you'll be pleasantly surprised then; economists and the CBO both have been saying, regardless of who wins, the economy has a good chance to rebound over the next four years.

And that stock market dip....pretty standard fare for the day after an election....not that that will probably make a difference for you. Try to realize that life ain't gonna be nearly as bad as the RWNJs are saying.....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2012/11/05/day-after-presidential-election-usually-rocky-for-stocks/