PDA

View Full Version : Media Beck: Sometimes God Really Sucks

dirk digler
11-07-2012, 02:13 PM
I am sure God cares as much as who is POTUS as who wins a football game

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/07/beck-on-romneys-loss-man-sometimes-god-really-sucks/

Conservative radio host Glenn Beck on Wednesday declared that Mitt Romney’s loss to President Barack Obama proved that “sometimes God really sucks.”

As it was becoming apparently that the president was going to be re-elected on Tuesday, Beck had told a panel (http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/beck-body-america-even-sicker-i-thought-it-was) on his Blaze TV network that “the body of America is even sicker than I thought it was.”

“Twelve years ago, I could say with real assurance that I knew who Americans were,” he explained. “And I can’t say that any more.”

During his radio show the next morning, Beck told listeners that he had realized Romney was going to lose while praying before the polls opened on Tuesday.

“Man, sometimes God really sucks,” the radio host lamented (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/here-are-the-top-5-conservative-thought-leaders-responses-to-obamas-victory/). “I got up yesterday at 3:00 in the morning and I knew. And I couldn’t sleep and I started to say my prayers and I got up and kneeled down by the edge of my bed and I knew that — or I suspected that my mind’s not God’s mind, and the peace and the comfort that he had given me and so many of my friends was not about an election.”

He added: “Just like those Christians that rolled up the Dead Sea Scrolls and put them in pots. I don’t know what happened to those Christians but they hid them. They hid them and they preserved them because it was important. The Bible was never wiped out, but the people who originally wrote the Bible were scattered.”

But in the weeks leading up to Tuesday’s election, Beck had repeatedly said that God was orchestrating Republican nominee’s path to the presidency.

Speaking to his radio listeners in September, he insisted that Romney’s poll numbers had fallen as a part of a plan (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/01/beck-god-put-romney-behind-in-polls-to-prove-its-a-miracle-when-he-wins/) from God to make it obvious to the American people that divine intervention was responsible when Republicans took the White House in November.

The conservative radio host later speculated (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/24/beck-god-guided-romney-to-lose-final-debate/) that Romney had lost the final debate because he was “being guided” by God to be “less contentious” and agree with President Barack Obama.

HolyHandgernade
11-07-2012, 02:21 PM
As long as the Rebs have to pander to this, they are in trouble in national elections.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-07-2012, 02:25 PM
That should earn him browny points with GOD for sure... What a friggin' moron.

KC_Connection
11-07-2012, 02:26 PM
As long as the Rebs have to pander to this, they are in trouble in national elections.
Yeah, the crazy, social conservative, God bullshit does not appeal to the moderates they need to win.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah, the crazy, social conservative, God bullshit does not appeal to the moderates they need to win.

No the problem is all these idiots are fakes and Phonies and could care less about the true believer. We see right through these morons, they might as well join the other side.

RNR
11-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Only a couple things cheered me up about the results today. The fact my home state and the state I live now rejected Obama. That and tuning into Beck and hear him rambling almost sounding ready to kill himself. I heard him proclaim that Romney would win because of divine providence. I guess the invisible magic man in the sky is a democrat. It is a wake up call to the right for sure. Maybe they should look into offering up better than the group of clowns they had running this time around~

KILLER_CLOWN
11-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Only a couple things cheered me up about the results today. The fact my home state and the state I live now rejected Obama. That and tuning into Beck and hear him rambling almost sounding ready to kill himself. I heard him proclaim that Romney would win because of divine providence. I guess the invisible magic man in the sky is a democrat. It is a wake up call to the right for sure. Maybe they should look into offering up better than the group of clowns they had running this time around~

No GOD will eventually give you what you want, but it won't be what you thought it was. Be careful what you wish for, A broken and no longer blessed America lays in wait.

RNR
11-07-2012, 02:34 PM
No GOD will eventually give you what you want, but it won't be what you thought it was. Be careful what you wish for, A broken and no longer blessed America lays in wait.
I will sit this dance out. You know where I stand on this subject~

listopencil
11-07-2012, 02:38 PM
No the problem is all these idiots are fakes and Phonies and could care less about the true believer. We see right through these morons, they might as well join the other side.

That's cool, but it is worrying. I assume the guy is popular. I've seen him mentioned quite a few times. Someone actually accused me of being a fan of him recently on this board, as ridiculous as that is. So he's out there and he represents someone.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-07-2012, 02:40 PM
That's cool, but it is worrying. I assume the guy is popular. I've seen him mentioned quite a few times. Someone actually accused me of being a fan of him recently on this board, as ridiculous as that is. So he's out there and he represents someone.

The fake crying should have made it obvious to everyone back during the 2008 election cycle, not to mention his backstabbing of Ron Paul.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-07-2012, 02:40 PM
I will sit this dance out. You know where I stand on this subject~

I know I wasn't expecting your support just wanted to say where I stood.

RNR
11-07-2012, 02:41 PM

Someone represents him not the other way around~

listopencil
11-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Someone represents him not the other way around~

I'm reminded of a quote attributed to Anne Lamott:

“You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”

Brock
11-07-2012, 02:48 PM
LMAO So goofy.

RNR
11-07-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm reminded of a quote attributed to Anne Lamott:

“You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”

Another is "did god create man or did man create several gods?" Anyone with common sense knows it is the latter~

Dave Lane
11-07-2012, 07:23 PM
He added: “Just like those Christians that rolled up the Dead Sea Scrolls and put them in pots. I don’t know what happened to those Christians but they hid them. They hid them and they preserved them because it was important. The Bible was never wiped out, but the people who originally wrote the Bible were scattered.”

Come that would be the Essenes as in the Essenes, you know the people that wrote the Dead Sea Scrolls and then hid them in jars.

LiveSteam
11-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Please go away Glenn Beck. If I never hear your name again. man will it be to soon. You fricking loon

Bump
11-07-2012, 08:11 PM
how many preachers told their followers that this is all god's plan and that he works in mysterious ways to calm them down? lolol

Molitoth
11-08-2012, 10:13 AM
coo coo, coo coo.

F*cking lunatic.

God has better shit to do, like worrying about galactic battles outside of our minuscule solar system.

=)

Ebolapox
11-08-2012, 11:12 AM
you know the only beck I give a shit about? the singer/song writer.

WHERE IT'S AT--I got two turntables and a microphone.

Ace Gunner
11-08-2012, 11:21 AM
way to blame your idiocy on someone else, christian mogul

Woodchuck
11-08-2012, 11:23 AM
you know the only beck I give a shit about? the singer/song writer.

WHERE IT'S AT--I got two turntables and a microphone.

No shit man... ROFL I saw the thread title and thought he had a new album named "Sometimes God Really Sucks".

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 11:25 AM

America never was "blessed". Or did divine guidance lead to millions of slaves in bondage, hundreds of thousands to die to free them, wiping out Native Americans, starting a war with Mexico to expand etc. ad infinitum.

America is a country, a very very good one, but your comment is silly, sorry.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 11:27 AM
America never was "blessed". Or did divine guidance lead to millions of slaves in bondage, hundreds of thousands to die to free them, wiping out Native Americans, starting a war with Mexico to expand etc. ad infinitum.

A "blessed" America is no more valid than the divine right of kings. And it's just as dangerous to a free man.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 11:28 AM

So says the atheist, at least i'm assuming you don't believe in GOD.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 11:30 AM
A "blessed" America is no more valid than the divine right of kings. And it's just as dangerous to a free man.

We begged GOD to have a king over us, he granted our wish. How is being blessed dangerous to a free man?

listopencil
11-08-2012, 11:31 AM

You don't have to be an atheist to resist theocracy.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 11:32 AM
You don't have to be an atheist to resist theocracy.

Theocracy? where?

stevieray
11-08-2012, 11:34 AM

...millions? Africa exported millions, but not to America.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 11:35 AM
We begged GOD to have a king over us, he granted our wish. How is being blessed dangerous to a free man?

First of all, no. That's ridiculous. Nobody begged God to place a king over anyone except the churches who benefited from that relationship. Secondly the belief that America is directed or controlled by God is a hideous affront to the principles that this country was founded on, and a blank check offered to our government to abuse its power.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 11:37 AM
First of all, no. That's ridiculous. Nobody begged God to place a king over anyone except the churches who benefited from that relationship. Secondly the belief that America is directed or controlled by God is a hideous affront to the principles that this country was founded on, and a blank check offered to our government to abuse its power.

How do you explain Godless Soviet Russia and Mao Zedong in China? Were those Theocracies?

Secondly we're not directed or controlled by GOD, but would be blessed if we actually Ruled by him. We have tremendous Freedoms in Christ.

Brock
11-08-2012, 11:42 AM
How do you explain Godless Soviet Russia and Mao Zedong in China? Were those Theocracies?

Sort of, yes. just replacing God with Party.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Sort of, yes. just replacing God with Party.

Everyone needs a form of religion, so I would argue if it isn't GOD then we turn our favorite person or leader into God.

Brock
11-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Everyone needs a form of religion, so I would argue if it isn't GOD then we turn our favorite person or leader into God.

It's just a need to follow. If what you're doing works for you, that's fine.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 11:46 AM
It's just a need to follow. If what you're doing works for you, that's fine.

I submit to you even leaders needed someone to follow or mold them, it's a religious experience.

Brock
11-08-2012, 11:48 AM
I submit to you even leaders needed someone to follow or mold them, it's a religious experience.

Sure, but it could have been their dad. I agree everyone has a model they're following and if they're lucky, it's a good one.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 11:53 AM

Secondly we're not directed or controlled by GOD, but would be blessed if we actually Ruled by him. We have tremendous Freedoms in Christ.

That makes no sense within the context of this discussion. What is your point here?

Those are your religious beliefs. I am willing to keep my government out of your religion if you keep your religion out of my government.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 11:55 AM
That makes no sense within the context of this discussion. What is your point here?

Those are your religious beliefs. I am willing to keep my government out of your religion if you keep your religion out of my government.

I'm saying i hear from non believers that their greatest fear is a theocracy or a religious zealot. Two of the worst murderers number wise in history come from (one formerly) non religious nations.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm saying i hear from non believers that their greatest fear is a theocracy or a religious zealot. Two of the worst murderers number wise in history come from (one formerly) non religious nations.

And some of the worst state sponsored killings have been done in the name of God. We could go back and forth like that forever.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 12:00 PM
And some of the worst state sponsored killings have been done in the name of God. We could go back and forth like that forever.

My point is not to fear believers, but people who are power hungry assholes that would use whatever means necessary to become a dictator.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Before we continue with this discussion I need you to make something perfectly crystal clear. Do you believe in the divine right of kings?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Before we continue with this discussion I need you to make something perfectly crystal clear. Do you believe in the divine right of kings?

No, from the dragon or Satan.

Fish
11-08-2012, 12:03 PM

Wow....... really? Is that Ken Hovind bible history, or like... actual real history?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Wow....... really? Is that Ken Hovind bible history, or like... actual real history?

According to the documentary, "Stalin, Portrait of a Monster in Blood." He is estimated to have been responsible for possibly 60 Million Deaths. This is likely an exaggeration, but millions did suffer under his repression.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_did_Stalin_kill

Mao's Great Leap Forward 'killed 45 million in four years'

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/maos-great-leap-forward-killed-45-million-in-four-years-2081630.html

You would disagree with those statements?

listopencil
11-08-2012, 12:08 PM
My point is not to fear believers, but people who are power hungry assholes that would use whatever means necessary to become a dictator.

My fear is that believers will elect one of those power hungry assholes.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 12:09 PM
My fear is that believers will elect one of those power hungry assholes.

People do have a tendency to get caught up by some leaders, but what difference would it make if it were believers or non believers whipped into a frenzy?

Bowser
11-08-2012, 12:09 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lOIsVPsGU6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

listopencil
11-08-2012, 12:13 PM
People do have a tendency to get caught up by some leaders, but what difference would it make if it were believers or non believers whipped into a frenzy?

You can see the problem in what the Republican party has become. They play lip service to conservatism and have replaced it with pandering to Evangelical Christian Fundamentalists. It has already been happening for over a decade.

KChiefer
11-08-2012, 12:13 PM
"Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media, and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history."

-Pat Robertson 1993

I saw this on reddit today and although it's from 1993, it's remains the "War on Christians" mentality that so many preach, and it is this mentality that will be the downfall of the religious right's political influence, not the "persecution" they think they are enduring. Rational people see the absurdity in beliefs like that and will not support it. Anyways Mr. Robertson, let us know when 6 million Christians are ethnically cleansed from the USA.

Christians would be far more wise to preach and adhere to this:

“Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”

-Abraham Lincoln

stevieray
11-08-2012, 12:15 PM
I saw this on reddit today and although it's from 1993, it's remains the "War on Christians" mentality that so many preach, and it is this mentality that will be the downfall of the religious right's political influence, not the "persecution" they think they are enduring. Rational people see the absurdity in beliefs like that and will not support it. Anyways Mr. Robertson, let us know when 6 million Christians are ethnically cleansed from the USA.

Christians would be far more wise to preach and adhere to this:

3.4 million in Africa.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Yup. Great post KChiefer. I don't want to quote you because I don't want to mess up the formatting. But you hit the nail squarely on the head.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 12:16 PM
3.4 million in Africa.

We don't govern Africa.

blaise
11-08-2012, 12:18 PM
God doesn't care who the President is.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 12:20 PM
We don't govern Africa.

What does that have to do with it? We didn't govern Nazi Germany, nor Communist Russia, China either.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 12:21 PM
You can see the problem in what the Republican party has become. They play lip service to conservatism and have replaced it with pandering to Evangelical Christian Fundamentalists. It has already been happening for over a decade.

Call a spade a spade, A Christian will most always be on the conservative right. I don't blame them for doing so, you think they should be pushing their values towards the liberals?

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 12:21 PM

I don't 'tis true.

But why would he bless us more than he blesses other countries? Because we landed here fleeing religious persecution only to religiously persecute others? Because we killed the Native Americans who were here, or dislocated them, because we're more blessed? Because we then fought wars to expand our territory?

And why is it, I wonder, that people in this country think we're blessed, while Jews think they are God's chosen people, while Muslims everywhere think THEY are carrying out the will of God, etc.?

Are they all right, or is it just YOU that is right, and they're misguided fools?

And what makes you any more or less misguided than they?

Things to think about (but you won't).

blaise
11-08-2012, 12:22 PM
how many preachers told their followers that this is all god's plan and that he works in mysterious ways to calm them down? lolol

Almost none probably

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 12:25 PM
...millions? Africa exported millions, but not to America.

I said: "Or did divine guidance lead to millions of slaves in bondage"

There were about 3.5 million or so slaves in 1860, if memory serves. I didn't say each and every one was imported from Africa.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Call a spade a spade, A Christian will most always be on the conservative right. I don't blame them for doing so, you think they should be pushing their values towards the liberals?

No, I think that they should be pushing that the country already has a system in place for your voice to be heard if you're going to vote according to your religious beliefs. The fact that you think you are voting according to God's will doesn't make your opinion any more valid than that of a Satan worshipper.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 12:28 PM
I don't 'tis true.

But why would he bless us more than he blesses other countries? Because we landed here fleeing religious persecution only to religiously persecute others? Because we killed the Native Americans who were here, or dislocated them, because we're more blessed? Because we then fought wars to expand our territory?

And why is it, I wonder, that people in this country think we're blessed, while Jews think they are God's chosen people, while Muslims everywhere think THEY are carrying out the will of God, etc.?

Are they all right, or is it just YOU that is right, and they're misguided fools?

And what makes you any more or less misguided than they?

Things to think about (but you won't).

We would only be blessed for continuing in Christ, which means we shouldn't be killing in the name of GOD. GOD also sends strong delusion so that you may believe a lie, if that's what is in your heart. There is a reckoning though, so i figure we shall see who is correct as we won't be here in the physical forever.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 12:30 PM
No, I think that they should be pushing that the country already has a system in place for your voice to be heard if you're going to vote according to your religious beliefs. The fact that you think you are voting according to God's will doesn't make your opinion any more valid than that of a Satan worshipper.

Well I can't argue with that, if you want to take the side of the Satan/Self worshipper then so be it.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Well I can't argue with that, if you want to take the side of the Satan/Self worshipper then so be it.

And therein lies your problem. There is no side to take. You don't seem to understand that religious beliefs are not a valid basis for law.

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 12:35 PM
We would only be blessed for continuing in Christ, which means we shouldn't be killing in the name of GOD. GOD also sends strong delusion so that you may believe a lie, if that's what is in your heart. There is a reckoning though, so i figure we shall see who is correct as we won't be here in the physical forever.

Not much of an answer, to be honest.

listopencil
Oh, by the way, that's called "theocracy."

Predarat
Did he cry again? He cries more then Dick Vermeil.

http://wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/crying-glenn-beck.jpg

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 12:36 PM
And therein lies your problem. There is no side to take. You don't seem to understand that religious beliefs are not a valid basis for law.

Yes, apparently if it were up to KC we'd be as theocratic as Iran...

listopencil
11-08-2012, 12:38 PM

Praise Allah and pass the dynamite vest, brother!

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 12:43 PM

You don't seem to understand that is where our laws came from.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 12:45 PM

Wrong, we have freedom in Christ.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 12:46 PM

No, they don't. Don't confuse the Declaration Of Independence with the Constitution Of The United States Of America.

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 12:47 PM

You don't seem to understand that we operate under more laws than just the Ten Commandments. Or is the Sherman Anti-Trust Act and Sarbanes-Oxley also divinely inspired (or Obamacare!)?

stevieray
I said: "Or did divine guidance lead to millions of slaves in bondage"

There were about 3.5 million or so slaves in 1860, if memory serves. I didn't say each and every one was imported from Africa.

dishonest much? you were implying America.

btw, it was around 400k. EXPORTED from Africa...they sold their own people.

Amnorix
No, they don't. Don't confuse the Declaration Of Independence with the Constitution Of The United States Of America.

Good point. I wonder if he knows how many times the word "God", or "Christ" or synonyms thereof appear in the Constitution...?

listopencil
11-08-2012, 12:48 PM
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 12:49 PM

btw, it was around 400k.

Eh? Obviously I was talking about America.

400k what? Slaves in America just prior to the Civil War?

stevieray
11-08-2012, 12:51 PM
We don't govern Africa.

I guess that makes it ok?

...and it's prolly a good thing we don't govern Africa., considering we've killed fifty million of our own, and the left entrenches believers in God as the oppostion to the genocide.

nope, no persecution here.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Good point. I wonder if he knows how many times the word "God", or "Christ" or synonyms thereof appear in the Constitution...?

The Book of Esther doesn't mention GOD either, so that's not divinely inspired either eh? I guess to a dragon speaker probably not.

Amnorix

btw, it was around 400k. EXPORTED from Africa...they sold their own people.

You edited your post, I see, which is fine.

errr.....I don't really care about the number of people exported from Africa. What does that have to do with anything?

If you're saying American was blessed from its founding, I'm saying that's hard to believe unless you think God is cool with slavery, murdering and displacing Native Americans, and wars of expansion. What we like to call "Manifest Destiny" some might call something far less kind.

(queue "you hate America and should leave" response here)

KILLER_CLOWN

...and it's prolly a good thing we don't govern Africa., considering we've killed fifty million of our own, and the left entrenches believers in God as the oppostion to the genocide.

Them babies deserved to die, look at those cute things!

stevieray
11-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Eh? Obviously I was talking about America.

400k what? Slaves in America just prior to the Civil War?

Henry Louis Gates..remember him? He claims almost 4ook were exported to America.

listopencil

We're talking about how religion affects politics in America, and why your religious beliefs have nothing to do with how our government works.

KILLER_CLOWN
We the People(Under GOD) of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

fixed it.

stevieray
11-08-2012, 12:54 PM
You edited your post, I see, which is fine.

errr.....I don't really care about the number of people exported from Africa.
...of course you don't, unless you can use it as a weapon.

stevieray
11-08-2012, 12:55 PM
We're talking about how religion affects politics in America, and why your religious beliefs have nothing to do with how our government works.

no, you were agreeing with mocking pat roberston about claiming Christians being persecuted.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 12:55 PM
fixed it.

Wake up, it doesn't say "under God." That's the preamble to the Constitution.

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Henry Louis Gates..remember him? He claims almost 4ook were exported to America.

Not remotely important to anything I'm talking about.

stevieray
(queue "you hate America and should leave" response here)

:rolleyes:

KILLER_CLOWN

It is implied.

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 12:58 PM
...of course you don't, unless you can use it as a weapon.

My point is that it's hard to figure we were blessed when we had millions of humans in slavery. That number may have been 400,000 at one point, obviously. Actually it started at 1, presumably, but by 1860 it was about 3.5 million.

And murdering/displacing Native Americans, and wars of conquest to expand our territory. I guess those were signs of our blessings, just like the Spanish Conquistadors were blessed by God to go forth and crush the savages and take their gold?

Amnorix
It is implied.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

stevieray
Not remotely important to anything I'm talking about.Obviously i was talkking about MILLIONS of slaves into bondage in America....

this is exactly why the country is screwed..

listopencil
11-08-2012, 12:59 PM
no, you were agreeing with mocking pat roberston about claiming Christians being persecuted.

Pat Robertson deserves to be mocked for claiming that Christians in America are being persecuted like Jews in Nazi Germany. The statement is ridiculous.

KILLER_CLOWN
My point is that it's hard to figure we were blessed when we had millions of humans in slavery. That number may have been 400,000 at one point, obviously. Actually it started at 1, presumably, but by 1860 it was about 3.5 million.

And murdering/displacing Native Americans, and wars of conquest to expand our territory. I guess those were signs of our blessings, just like the Spanish Conquistadors were blessed by God to go forth and crush the savages and take their gold?

Did someone mention that we as Christians are perfect? There was only one who walked the earth who is perfect and those that have committed attrocities will have to answer for it, which also includes those who support killing of babies.

Amnorix
Obviously i was talkking about MILLIONS of slaves into bondage in America....

this is exactly why the country is screwed..

Because your reading comprehension skills suck? I dont' think that screws anybody but you, to be honest. I think the rest of us will get by, to be honest.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 01:00 PM
It is implied.

Wow, really? Really?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Wow, really? Really?

Men who believed in a higher power wrote it, so ya.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 01:01 PM

No.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 01:02 PM
No.

Yes.

stevieray
11-08-2012, 01:02 PM
ya, four hundred years ago and throughout history, this has never happened anywhere....

freedom isn't free.

stevieray
11-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Because your reading comprehension skills suck? I dont' think that screws anybody but you, to be honest. I think the rest of us will get by, to be honest.

...and all he has left is ad homimen.

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Did someone mention that we as Christians are perfect? There was only one who walked the earth who is perfect and those that have committed attrocities will have to answer for it, which also includes those who support killing of babies.

I never claimed America or Christians are perfect. YOU claimed America was blessed, and I question whether America has much basis to claim that it's obviously blessed by God when it's history is just as checkered as any other country's.

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 01:04 PM
ya, four hundred years ago and throughout history, this has never happened anywhere....

freedom isn't free.

Tell the Native Americans and the slaves about freedom. I doubt they will have a similar view of what it meant.

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 01:05 PM
...and all he has left is ad homimen.

Well when you make literally NO sense, yes I will make fun of you. Sorry.

KILLER_CLOWN
I never claimed America or Christians are perfect. YOU claimed America was blessed, and I question whether America has much basis to claim that it's obviously blessed by God when it's history is just as checkered as any other country's.

It has been blessed, was there another country throughout history as great as ours? We have freedom here, used to have a lot more.

stevieray

"with firm reliance on divine providence"

Amnorix

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

stevieray
Well when you make literally NO sense, yes I will make fun of you. Sorry.

ad homenim.

KILLER_CLOWN
Tell the Native Americans and the slaves about freedom. I doubt they will have a similar view of what it meant.

Are they still enslaved, anymore than the avg citizen is to debt?

stevieray
11-08-2012, 01:06 PM

ya, it comes at a cost...exactly why the hundreds of thousands you mentioned were willing to die for it.

stop pretending that freedom we know today was abound four hundred years ago and throughout history....

...did the native americans fight and kill each other? are the people in africa still killing each other?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 01:07 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

You have more to add than that right? If not then I will go ahead and declare victory!

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 01:07 PM

He's talking about THE CONSTITUTION, which is the document that sets forth the fundamental LAWS of our country, which was what KC was discussing, and which DOES NOT reference God, or Jesus or divine providence you dumb fuckwits.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 01:08 PM
He's talking about THE CONSTITUTION, which is the document that sets forth the fundamental LAWS of our country, which was what KC was discussing, and which DOES NOT reference God, or Jesus or divine providence you dumb ****wits.

Ohhh now it's namecalling, guess I didn't declare victory too soon.

listopencil
Yes.

It's a text. The words are right there in front of you. The founding fathers disagree with you. You are, of course, under no obligation to be reasonable or independent in thought. But you have just perfectly illustrated why those people who blind themselves with faith over reason can not be trusted to run this country.

Amnorix
ya, it comes at a cost.

So to get our blessings, we must trample the rights of others? Hitler and Goebbels didn't discuss God when talking about Labensraum, but otherwise you sound about the same.

Seriously, are you even thinking before you respond?

listopencil
11-08-2012, 01:10 PM

DoI. Irrelevant.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 01:10 PM
It's a text. The words are right there in front of you. The founding fathers disagree with you. You are, of course, under no obligation to be reasonable or independent in thought. But you have just perfectly illustrated why those people who blind themselves with faith over reason can not be trusted to run this country.

Because you're in denial? That's a good reason, our founding fathers had a strong belief in GOD sorry for your loss.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 01:12 PM
ya, it comes at a cost...exactly why the hundreds of thousands you mentioned were willing to die for it.

stop pretending that freedom we know today was abound four hundred years ago and throughout history....

...did the native americans fight and kill each other? are the people in africa still killing each other?

They're only killing each other over GOD, if only they were to be in it every man for himself this wor...oh wait history teaches us that is NOT correct.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Because you're in denial? That's a good reason, our founding fathers had a strong belief in GOD sorry for your loss.

Denial of what? You're misquoting of the Constitution?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Denial of what? You're misquoting of the Constitution?

I just told you, reread and try again. I know it burns you heathens inside to know our forefathers constructed this nation with a strong belief in the CREATOR.

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 01:14 PM

Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 10, 1787

John Adams, the second U.S. President rejected the Trinity... and became a Unitarian. It was during Adams' presidency that the Senate ratified the Treaty of Peace and Friendship with Tripoli, which states in Article XI that:
As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion - as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen, - and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arrising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries. (Charles I. Bevans, ed. Treaties and Other International Agreements of the United States of America 1776-1949. Vol. 11: Philippines-United Arab Republic. Washington D.C.: Department of State Publications, 1974, p. 1072).

This treaty with the Islamic state of Tripoli had been written and concluded by Joel Barlow during Washington's Administration. The U.S. Senate ratified the treaty on June 7, 1797; President Adams signed it on June 10, 1797 and it was first published in the Session Laws of the Fifth Congress, first session in 1797.

I can go on, but why bother. It's a waste of time.

Ebolapox
11-08-2012, 01:14 PM
there are some intelligent, well spoken christians that do their religion justice. stevieray and killer clown aren't among them.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 01:15 PM
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (But surely keep God and his influences out of your government, so that you will not be tempted to rule over your brothers.)

It's implied.

stevieray
11-08-2012, 01:16 PM
So to get our blessings

you are the only one claiming that.

did native americans fight and kill each other? are africans still killing each other?

bet that just breaks your heart.

listopencil
I just told you, reread and try again. I know it burns you heathens inside to know our forefathers constructed this nation with a strong belief in the CREATOR.

No, you told me nothing. You added words to the Constitution. Because you lost an argument.

Brock
is jesus the son of god

stevieray
11-08-2012, 01:17 PM
there are some intelligent, well spoken christians that do their religion justice. stevieray and killer clown aren't among them.

ya, prolly because you think the favor of man means something.

besides, I don't believe in orgnaized religion.

Brock
11-08-2012, 01:18 PM
ya, prolly becuae you think the favor of man means something.

as opposed to the favor of whichever god your parents chose for you

Ebolapox
11-08-2012, 01:19 PM
ya, prolly becuae you think the favor of man means something.

what the fuck are you even talking about?

stevieray
11-08-2012, 01:20 PM
DoI. Irrelevant.

it is now.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 01:21 PM
John 11:35

Jesus Wept (because his words were being used to promote ignorance).

It's implied.

stevieray
11-08-2012, 01:21 PM
what the **** are you even talking about?

cop out..

listopencil
11-08-2012, 01:22 PM
it is now.

It was never relevant to this discussion.

Ebolapox
11-08-2012, 01:22 PM
cop out..

no, I'm pretty damned serious--I implied that you and killer clown are batshit nuts with some of your stances, and you implied that 'how people view you' doesn't matter in the least. which, I suppose is correct, but it doesn't make you any less batshit nuts.

stevieray
11-08-2012, 01:23 PM
It was never relevant to this discussion.

syas the guy who claims the founders didn't believe in a higher power.

stevieray
11-08-2012, 01:24 PM
no, I'm pretty damned serious--I implied that you and killer clown are batshit nuts with some of your stances, and you implied that 'how people view you' doesn't matter in the least. which, I suppose is correct, but it doesn't make you any less batshit nuts.

that's your opinion. youre entitled to it.

but hey, feel free to debate the stance.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 01:25 PM

Nope. I never said that.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 01:28 PM

I'll wear that as a badge of honor, I'm positive the Lord would consider that to be a blessing. :)

GOD would prefer you were hot or cold, but lukewarm gets spit out of his mouth.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 01:29 PM
No, you told me nothing. You added words to the Constitution. Because you lost an argument.

I stated it was implied and you had nothing to add to it, So I guess by winning I lose. I'll take it. ;)

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 01:30 PM
as opposed to the favor of whichever god your parents chose for you

Really? I grew up Catholic and then I found the true GOD, but if you want to believe that by all means go ahead. It's not like anyone throughout time has ever willingly converted.

stevieray
11-08-2012, 01:31 PM
No. my apologies, you were disagreeing that it was implied.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 01:32 PM
I stated it was implied and you had nothing to add to it, So I guess by winning I lose. I'll take it. ;)

Add to what? The Constitution? You don't get to add to it. That's the whole point.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 01:32 PM
my apologies, you were disagreeing that it was implied.

ROFL and LMAO

listopencil
11-08-2012, 01:33 PM
my apologies, you were disagreeing that it was implied.

No problem. The thread was moving quickly for a bit.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Add to what? The Constitution? You don't get to add to it. That's the whole point.

Oh brother.....really? How did the murder of babies come about then? was it written into the constitution? I agree it shouldn't be tampered with btw.

stevieray
11-08-2012, 01:37 PM
ROFL and LMAO

I misunderstood his post, nothing more, nothing less.

Brock
11-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Really? I grew up Catholic and then I found the true GOD, but if you want to believe that by all means go ahead. It's not like anyone throughout time has ever willingly converted.

It's the same god.

KILLER_CLOWN
I misunderstood his post, nothing more, nothing less.

Gotcha, and np. ;)

KILLER_CLOWN
It's the same god.

No it's not, there are very different scriptures between the two.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 01:40 PM
ROFL and LMAO

That's cool. I'm laughing too. At your intellectual dishonesty. You're making yourself look like a fool here. The Constitution clearly states that power comes from the people. It's one of the building blocks of our country. You are willing to throw that under the bus because you can't stand admitting that your own personal religious beliefs have no more validity in our legal system than the religious beliefs of others. You are the kind of person that the Constitution was designed to protect me from.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 01:41 PM
That's cool. I'm laughing too. At your intellectual dishonesty. You're making yourself look like a fool here. The Constitution clearly states that power comes from the people. It's one of the building blocks of our country. You are willing to throw that under the bus because you can't stand admitting that your own personal religious beliefs have no more validity in our legal system than the religious beliefs of others. You are the kind of person that the Constitution was designed to protect me from.

You are one delusional dude, hiding from me? I keel you! LMAO

The power of the people(of GOD) comes from where?

stevieray
11-08-2012, 01:41 PM
He's talking about THE CONSTITUTION, which is the document that sets forth the fundamental LAWS of our country, which was what KC was discussing, and which DOES NOT reference God, or Jesus or divine providence you dumb ****wits.

"in the year of our Lord"

listopencil
11-08-2012, 01:45 PM
You are one delusional dude, hiding from me? I keel you! LMAO

The power of the people(of GOD) comes from where?

Delusional? You're the one changing the Constitution and wondering why someone would have a problem with it. That's batshit crazy. By the way, if you are referring to abortionists as murderers, you are committing slander. Darn those pesky laws.

go bowe
11-08-2012, 01:50 PM
GOD also sends strong delusion...

is that what happened to sportsshrink?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Delusional? You're the one changing the Constitution and wondering why someone would have a problem with it. That's batshit crazy. By the way, if you are referring to abortionists as murderers, you are committing slander. Darn those pesky laws.

Right......so murder isn't murder eh?

listopencil
11-08-2012, 01:55 PM
"in the year of our Lord"

De minimus non curat lex.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 01:56 PM

Go look up a legal definition of "murder." I know you are going to be tempted to edit it because it doesn't agree with what you believe. Try to restrain yourself.

KChiefer
11-08-2012, 01:59 PM

How about a woman that's unknowingly pregnant and continues to drink alcohol, caffeine, do drugs etc, and it causes a miscarriage. You want her charged with manslaughter?

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 02:01 PM

Nope. I never said that.

I wouldn't agree with that either. Most Founders did believe in a higher power, and it's good you phrase it that way because many weren't really traditional Christians.

Brock
11-08-2012, 02:04 PM
No it's not, there are very different scriptures between the two.

Nah, same guy.

J Diddy
11-08-2012, 02:09 PM
How about a woman that's unknowingly pregnant and continues to drink alcohol, caffeine, do drugs etc, and it causes a miscarriage. You want her charged with manslaughter?

It depends largely on whether or not she's on foodstamps.

go bowe
11-08-2012, 02:11 PM

damned annoying, those law thingys...

maybe that's why kc wants government to be governed under god's supposed rules instead of under the rule of law...

otoh, he and his fellows could just change the law to what suits their particular religious preference...

until a different religion got elected that is...

but there's this first amendment thingy that gets in the way of theocratic rule, so i guess we don't really have to worry about it very much...

whew, thank god!

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Go look up a legal definition of "murder." I know you are going to be tempted to edit it because it doesn't agree with what you believe. Try to restrain yourself.

A baby with a heart pumping isn't human? just a piece of flesh right?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 02:19 PM

That would be different than knowingly carrying a baby to 4-8 months and then deciding to play Judge-Jury-executioner.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 02:20 PM

maybe that's why kc wants government to be governed under god's supposed rules instead of under the rule of law...

otoh, he and his fellows could just change the law to what suits their particular religious preference...

but there's this first amendment thingy that gets in the way of theocratic rule, so i guess we don't really have to worry about it very much...

whew, thank god!

Those laws go hand in hand with Jesus, try again. Laws get changed all the time, we add new ones and that doesn't make them inspired by GOD but rather mans reasoning. Therein lies the problem, it's not like we all agree or even that atheists agree on everything.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Nah, same guy.

There are a thousand doors and only one leads to Jesus. There are imposters.

stevieray
11-08-2012, 02:22 PM

whew, thank god!

We get the word Judge from the word Judah.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 02:24 PM
A baby with a heart pumping isn't human? just a piece of flesh right?

You don't know what murder is, do you?

stevieray
11-08-2012, 02:25 PM
De minimus non curat lex.

whether it's important is not the same as it doesn't exist.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 02:25 PM
You don't know what murder is, do you?

Yes and I would qualify killing of innocents as such, I'm sure you already knew that though..right?

listopencil
11-08-2012, 02:29 PM
whether it's important is not the same as it doesn't exist.

It's more about what has bearing on the discussion. That's not enough to invalidate specific Constitutional law.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Yes and I would qualify killing of innocents as such, I'm sure you already knew that though..right?

So...no...you don't know what murder is.

stevieray
11-08-2012, 02:30 PM
It's more about what has bearing on the discussion. That's not enough to invalidate specific Constitutional law.

...or those pesky ten commandments on the facade of the supreme court.

KChiefer
11-08-2012, 02:30 PM
That would be different than knowingly carrying a baby to 4-8 months and then deciding to play Judge-Jury-executioner.

"That's different..."

If life begins at conception, even if the woman didn't know it, her actions caused the death of another. That's involuntary manslaughter.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 02:31 PM
So...no...you don't know what murder is.

Definition

to kill or slaughter inhumanly or barbarously.

Guess I was wrong, you don't know.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 02:32 PM
"That's different..."

If life begins at conception, even if the woman didn't know it, her actions caused the death of another. That's involuntary manslaughter.

So you would bring charges?

listopencil
11-08-2012, 02:32 PM
There is a huge difference between "moral" and "legal." Right and wrong does not equal legal and illegal.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 02:33 PM
...or those pesky ten commandments on the facade of the supreme court.

Yeah, I wouldn't make a big stink about that if I were you. They'll have to take them down.

KChiefer
11-08-2012, 02:34 PM
So you would bring charges?

No. Nor would I call someone who's had or preformed an abortion a murderer.

KChiefer
Deists didn't agree with the way organized religion exploited God. Logic would say they wouldn't want God to be prominent in organized government so that God can be exploited even more.

Bringing up the founding fathers just worsens the argument for needing more religious doctrine dictating laws.

KILLER_CLOWN
No. Nor would I call someone who's had or preformed an abortion a murderer.

So if these babies had continued on, would they be humans with the same rights you are afforded?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Deists didn't agree with the way organized religion exploited God. Logic would say they wouldn't want God to be prominent in organized government so that God can be exploited even more.

Bringing up the founding fathers just worsens the argument for needing more religious doctrine dictating laws.

No one is advocating more religious doctrine dictating laws, I am not a subscriber to organized religion either.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Definition

to kill or slaughter inhumanly or barbarously.

Guess I was wrong, you don't know.

Yep, you were wrong. In a court, it's unlawful killing. Slang terms aside.

KChiefer
11-08-2012, 02:40 PM
No one is advocating more religious doctrine dictating laws, I am not a subscriber to organized religion either.

Yeah, you're just saying God(Who's God? Well the Christian God, Duh!) is the basis of our country and we should follow as such.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 02:40 PM

Yes you are. That's what you do when you paraphrase the Constitution in a way that intentionally changes its meaning.

KChiefer
11-08-2012, 02:41 PM
So if these babies had continued on, would they be humans with the same rights you are afforded?

Yes. So would the ones that were unknowingly aborted. Be sure to persecute those would-have-been-mothers as well.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah, you're just saying God(Who's God? Well the Christian God, Duh!) is the basis of our country and we should follow as such.

That's how we were founded not how we've redefined it.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 02:44 PM

No, it's not. I can add "little green martians" to the Constitution and it would be just as ignorant as what you did.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Yes. So would the ones that were unknowingly aborted. Be sure to persecute those would-have-been-mothers as well.

I won't persecute them, they will have to face GOD. Most regret that action and will have to ask the Lord for forgiveness.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 02:45 PM
No, it's not. I can add "little green martians" to the Constitution and it would be just as ignorant as what you did.

Newsflash, they believed in a higher power and did not think like you lop.

KChiefer
11-08-2012, 02:45 PM

That's how your parentheses were founded.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 02:46 PM
That's how your parentheses were founded.

Parenthetically speaking of course, right?

KChiefer
11-08-2012, 02:47 PM
I won't persecute them, they will have to face GOD. Most regret that action and will have to ask the Lord for forgiveness.

Sweet, same goes for abortionists. Now please STFU and leave it God to judge then, not now.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Newsflash, they believed in a higher power and did not think like you lop.

Newsflash: The Constitution clearly states that political power derives from the people of this country, regardless of anyone's religious beliefs.

Fish
11-08-2012, 02:48 PM

Your religion was founded on older Pagan beliefs and stories. But has been redefined through the years as well.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Sweet, same goes for abortionists. Now please STFU and leave it God to judge then, not now.

You intolerant bastard!!!!!!!!

KILLER_CLOWN
11-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Your religion was founded on older Pagan beliefs and stories. But has been redefined through the years as well.

Badly opinionated but thanks for that anyways.

KChiefer
11-08-2012, 02:49 PM
You intolerant bastard!!!!!!!!

people are mirrors.

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Newsflash: The Constitution clearly states that political power derives from the people of this country, regardless of anyone's religious beliefs.

Duh. You're once again overlooking the language that was written in invisible ink. Epic failure by you.

listopencil
11-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Duh. You're once again overlooking the language that was written in invisible ink. Epic failure by you.

Dammit. I should have held the document over candle light like the framers intended and I would have seen that.

Fish
11-08-2012, 03:11 PM

Just as KC predicted.......

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5342/210822180.png

listopencil
11-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Just as KC predicted.......

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5342/210822180.png

Son of a bitch. I could have been so wealthy.

Fish
11-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Badly opinionated but thanks for that anyways.

Which? You or your religion? Both?

Brock
11-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Dammit. I should have held the document over candle light like the framers intended and I would have seen that.

Squirt it with lemon juice and put on the 3d glasses. Then you'll have an aha moment.

ROYC75
11-08-2012, 05:21 PM
:facepalm: