PDA

View Full Version : Economics Enjoy Paying More Taxes

Chocolate Hog
11-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Take your yearly salary and multiply it by .009
If you make more than $15,000/year, add $435 to that number.
Now take the number of dependent children you have and multiply that number by $500, add that number to your total.

That's how much your income taxes will increase next year.

(Check figure: If you make $40,000/yr and have one kid, you should have come up with $1295)

HonestChieffan
11-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Costs a lot when government spends a lot. Perhaps people will place more effort to get their elected representatives to reduce spending if they finally see a consequence in their pay check. On the otherhand many people feel government should spend on their behalf and for them its a non issue.

People need to adjust their withholding so its not a big surprise

DaveNull
11-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Take your yearly salary and multiply it by .009
If you make more than $15,000/year, add $435 to that number.
Now take the number of dependent children you have and multiply that number by $500, add that number to your total.

That's how much your income taxes will increase next year.

(Check figure: If you make $40,000/yr and have one kid, you should have come up with $1295)

Citation needed

BucEyedPea
11-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Plus health insurance premiums on the rise for businesses and individuals. The left makes us pay while making it all sound like a free lunch.

FishingRod
11-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Is this assuming congress does nothing?

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Is this assuming congress does nothing?

Yes.

HonestChieffan
11-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Just a tad over $100 per month doesnt really seen so much for the value we get back in government services does it?

blaise
11-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Let no jobless person be without unlimited texting while another has income to be taxed.

donkhater
11-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Stop withholding taxes from paychacks and make everyone pay their balance on April 15th.

Then we'll see if the "we aren't taxed that much" crowd is still the same size.

jiveturkey
11-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Plus health insurance premiums on the rise for businesses and individuals. The left makes us pay while making it all sound like a free lunch.
I'm not defending Obamacare but insurance premiums have been to the fast track for a long time now.

http://facts.kff.org/upload/jpg/large/1%202012%20Chartpack%20Exhibit.jpg

FishingRod
11-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Just a tad over $100 per month doesnt really seen so much for the value we get back in government services does it?

To me, yes it does.

HonestChieffan
11-08-2012, 02:00 PM
To me, yes it does.

Well we all benefit from our government and a small price may not be fun or what we would like but in the end everyone doing their part brings us together. Together is powerful.

alanm
11-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Plus health insurance premiums on the rise for businesses and individuals. The left makes us pay while making it all sound like a free lunch.I want my Obama phone!!:spock:

blaise
11-08-2012, 02:07 PM
I don't need an Obama phone. I just need the satisfaction that some people that are richer than I will be forced to pay a little more taxes. It'll make me feel better about my own personal failings. Obama will provide that for me.

Plus he's friends with Jay Z!

BucEyedPea
11-08-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm not defending Obamacare but insurance premiums have been to the fast track for a long time now.

So. That's mostly caused by government mandates too. There has been over 2000 mandates. It will continue with more mandates like ACA because mandates increase the demand curve. That's just basic economics. There already isn't enough doctors. This year, mine took the biggest jump I've ever seen with a whopping $700 increase post Obamacare.

BTW your own chart shows that spike too. It's getting worse.

HemiEd
11-08-2012, 02:09 PM

http://facts.kff.org/upload/jpg/large/1%202012%20Chartpack%20Exhibit.jpg

I hate to come across as defending Obama either, but we have experienced it first hand here for quite some time. It seems like every year it has been increasing from 20 to 40% until we finally told Humana to go **** themselves 2 years ago.

Obamacare is not the solution though, the Drs. and Health care facilities are the problem. It's a very big business, and they keep customers coming back.

In fact, for many of the very elderly, it is their form of recreation to be getting out to go to the Dr.

Bottom line, when you get older, your shit wears out, deal with it. You just don't feel as good as you used to.

BucEyedPea
11-08-2012, 02:12 PM
I hate to come across as defending Obama either, but we have experienced it first hand here for quite some time. It seems like every year it has been increasing from 20 to 40% until we finally told Humana to go **** themselves 2 years ago.

Obamacare is not the solution though, the Drs. and Health care facilities are the problem. It's a very big business, and they keep customers coming back.

In fact, for many of the very elderly, it is their form of recreation to bet getting out to go to the Dr.

Bottom line, when you get older, your shit wears out, deal with it. You just don't feel as good as you used to.

Mine increased during the 1990's in smaller increments. Post Obamcare was the worst jump I've received. Not only that but some things are being denied coverage now too. The costs from the increased demand curve will be passed on to consumers.

It's not the doctors though. The reason it seems like the facilities, or insurance to some, is because govt intervention in health markets for 40 years has made it more expensive and more corporate. I assure you both doctors and patients are less and less happy.

whoman69
11-08-2012, 02:15 PM

Health insurance premiums can't rise unless healthcare costs go up. 85% of money collected for premiums has to go to healthcare.

vailpass
11-08-2012, 02:26 PM

LMAO (assuming you are being funny here)

vailpass
11-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Health insurance premiums can't rise unless healthcare costs go up. 85% of money collected for premiums has to go to healthcare.

Naive much?

Rain Man
11-08-2012, 02:29 PM
I voted for Johnson, so I believe that I'm exempt from these.

theelusiveeightrop
11-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Stop withholding taxes from paychacks and make everyone pay their balance on April 15th.

Then we'll see if the "we aren't taxed that much" crowd is still the same size.

This.

theelusiveeightrop
11-08-2012, 02:41 PM
I invite all tax and spend liberals to send all your extra money to the government.

HemiEd
11-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Mine increased during the 1990's in smaller increments. Post Obamcare was the worst jump I've received. Not only that but some things are being denied coverage now too. The costs from the increased demand curve will be passed on to consumers.

It's not the doctors though. The reason it seems like the facilities, or insurance to some, is because govt intervention in health markets for 40 years has made it more expensive and more corporate. I assure you both doctors and patients are less and less happy.

Well, I am going to disagree with you on that to a certain extent.

I have some experience there, as I am responsible for contracting Health Insurance at our company. Of course the Health Insurance companies are a business also, and prefer to only insure low risk clients. The older and higher risk you become, the more they charge.

But the Health Care facilities are on the front line and are billing astronomical prices. Every Dr. needs his big home, country club membership, and a fleet of Beemers, and I don't begrudge him that.

I will give you a recent example where I had a problem with dehydration.

I went to the local "Immediate Care" and they ran a battery of tests. They then sent me to their parent hospital ER, to run additional tests. The ER did not want to accept the earlier IC tests, they wanted to run those again as well, even though the fresh results were right there on their computer screen.

The truth of the matter is, they saw I had BC/BS so they were going to get their billing.
Those 2 hours were a little over $5000 in billing, which is pure bullshit, because the knew ahead of time that BC/BS was going to get a reduced negotiated rate.