PDA

View Full Version : Elections Anybody Believe this?

R8RFAN
11-08-2012, 08:13 PM
And if it's true, Why isn't it on every news channel?

Military Absentee Ballots Delivered One Day Late, Would Have Swung Election For Romney

WASHINGTON, DC – Sources confirmed today that hundreds of thousands of military absentee ballots were delivered hours after the deadline for them to be counted, with preliminary counts showing that they would have overturned the vote in several states and brought a victory for Governor Mitt Romney.
Officials say the ballots were delivered late due to problems within the military mail system. Tracking invoices show the ballots sat in a warehouse for a month, then they were accidentally labeled as ammunition and shipped to Afghanistan. At Camp Dwyer, Marine Sergeant John Davis signed for them and was surprised at the contents.
“I told Gunny we got a bunch of ballots instead of ammo,” Davis told investigators earlier today. “He told me to file a report of improper delivery and that the chain of command would take care of it. We didn’t hear anything for three weeks. While we were waiting we came under fire so we dumped a bunch of them in the Hescoes. We didn’t dig those ones back out.”
After military officials realized the initial error, the ballots were then sent back to the U.S. but suffered a series of setbacks.
Twelve boxes of ballots were dropped overboard during delivery to the USS Kearsarge (LHD-3) in the Persian Gulf, then while the ship sailed to Bahrain, postal clerks allegedly pocketed whatever ballots they wanted.
The remaining absentee ballots were loaded onto a C-130, but the flight was delayed until November 1st so the crew could get tax free pay for the month. Once the ballots arrived stateside they were promptly mailed to each state’s counting facility, reaching their final destination on November 7th.
“It’s a shame,” Rear Admiral John Dawes said when asked for comment. “I expected a delay so I ordered that everyone cast their votes eight months ago. It’s really unfortunate that our mail system failed us and directly affected the course of history.”
Upon hearing the news, angry Republicans have begun a demand for a recount, but most military absentee voters have shrugged off the news, with many wondering whether the care packages their families sent six months ago were ever going to show up.

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/11/military-absentee-ballots-delivered-one-day-late-would-have-swung-election-for-romney/#ixzz2Bgh0mRGS
Follow us: @theduffelblog on Twitter | duffelblog on Facebook

KChiefer
11-08-2012, 08:15 PM

Think McFly, THINK!!!!

FD
11-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Seems legit.

cdcox
11-08-2012, 08:20 PM
How could they arrive a day late when they were never sent out....

http://twitchy.com/2012/11/05/voter-suppression-outrage-redux-military-absentee-ballots-are-still-not-arriving/

then burnt in a fiery plane crash...

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/2012-election/absentee-ballots-some-us-military-may-have-been-destroyed-plane-crash

ClevelandBronco
11-08-2012, 08:20 PM
I doubt it. Let's ask the guy who is in charge of the military.

R8RFAN
11-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Think McFly, THINK!!!!

Well I thought about that but.....

CoMoChief
There was giant election fraud on both sides.

BigCatDaddy
As someone that deals with the USPS quite often, I believe it.

J Diddy
11-08-2012, 08:22 PM
ROFL

I'm sure that's what it was.

LiveSteam
11-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Game Changer LOL

J Diddy
11-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Obama Hits Romney With A Write Hook

WASHINGTON, DC – Sources are stating that Barack Obama's hands are, as he describes, "not just tired, but damned tired." Obama won reelection Tuesday mostly due to the strength of his handwriting. No other sitting president has had to fill out 3 million extra ballots all by himself in order to win the coveted prize of reelection. Today, he is at his home in Chicago, icing down his guns.
Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/bullshitstory

ReynardMuldrake
11-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Romney Camp Retooling Campaign After Latest Setback

BOSTON—Calling it “a small bump in the road,” sources within Romney headquarters announced plans Wednesday to readjust their campaign strategy following their candidate’s loss of the 2012 presidential election to Barack Obama.

“Obviously the defeat yesterday was tough, but we’re confident we can get right back on track and win this thing in the end,” said Romney campaign manager Matt Rhoades, adding that the GOP candidate “won’t be giving up just because of one bad day.” “The country simply can’t survive another four years of President Obama’s failed policies and broken promises. We just have to regroup, reconfigure a few things, and continue spreading our message to the American people that the man to lead this country forward is Mitt Romney.”

“We’re in this for the long haul,” Rhoades continued. “So we’re not going to let something minor, like not getting enough votes in the electoral college, set us back.”

According to sources, Romney plans to run fresh attack ads next week in several of the swing states he lost, including Ohio, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, and his campaign has already scheduled additional rallies and fundraising dinners across the country.

The Romney team will also reportedly launch a comprehensive social media campaign aimed at engaging voters under the age of 30, and will continue targeting female and minority voters—key demographic groups the candidate struggled to win over before they cast their ballots on Tuesday.

“Regardless of what the numbers said last night, we meet thousands of people every day who are sick and tired of the direction the country is headed in under the Obama administration,” Rhoades said. “So we’re planning to ramp up our efforts and get back out there, because this isn’t over yet. I honestly think we have a shot at Pennsylvania.”

Rhoades confirmed that while the campaign’s message will remain the same, Romney will now take a more aggressive approach as he reaches out to Americans who voted for Obama in the presidential election, namely by promoting the specifics of his five-point plan for strengthening the economy and creating jobs.

In addition, Rhoades stressed that despite yesterday’s “small disappointment,” everyone in the Romney camp is optimistic that the former Massachusetts governor can once again regain momentum and win the White House.

“The presidential race is a marathon, not a sprint,” Rhoades said. “That whole 47 percent thing was a bit of a blow, but we still managed to come back strong afterward. Sure, we may have lost some ground in the past 24 hours, on Election Day, but there are many more days to come. When all is said and done, we know Mitt will come out on top.”

“As far as we’re concerned,” Rhoades added, “this thing is still wide open.”

http://www.theonion.com/articles/romney-camp-retooling-campaign-after-latest-setbac,30282/

theelusiveeightrop
11-08-2012, 08:47 PM
The ballots were on in that drone that Iran shot at.

HonestChieffan
11-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Deserves investigation but cannot believe Obama would ever stoop this low. Lets get the facts out in the open.

KChiefer
11-08-2012, 08:59 PM
"Twelve boxes of ballots were dropped overboard during delivery to the USS Kearsarge (LHD-3) in the Persian Gulf, then while the ship sailed to Bahrain, postal clerks allegedly pocketed whatever ballots they wanted."

Now that's funny!

What's not funny? The replies below the marticle thinking this really happened.

Brock
11-08-2012, 09:01 PM
seems highly plausible

petegz28
11-08-2012, 09:08 PM
If this were legit the Romney campaign would be in court. And what would Obama do? Nothing. How the fuck you going to look fighting military votes? I don't buy it

aturnis
11-08-2012, 09:20 PM

Military Absentee Ballots Delivered One Day Late, Would Have Swung Election For Romney

WASHINGTON, DC – Sources confirmed today that hundreds of thousands of military absentee ballots were delivered hours after the deadline for them to be counted, with preliminary counts showing that they would have overturned the vote in several states and brought a victory for Governor Mitt Romney.
Officials say the ballots were delivered late due to problems within the military mail system. Tracking invoices show the ballots sat in a warehouse for a month, then they were accidentally labeled as ammunition and shipped to Afghanistan. At Camp Dwyer, Marine Sergeant John Davis signed for them and was surprised at the contents.
“I told Gunny we got a bunch of ballots instead of ammo,” Davis told investigators earlier today. “He told me to file a report of improper delivery and that the chain of command would take care of it. We didn’t hear anything for three weeks. While we were waiting we came under fire so we dumped a bunch of them in the Hescoes. We didn’t dig those ones back out.”
After military officials realized the initial error, the ballots were then sent back to the U.S. but suffered a series of setbacks.
Twelve boxes of ballots were dropped overboard during delivery to the USS Kearsarge (LHD-3) in the Persian Gulf, then while the ship sailed to Bahrain, postal clerks allegedly pocketed whatever ballots they wanted.
The remaining absentee ballots were loaded onto a C-130, but the flight was delayed until November 1st so the crew could get tax free pay for the month. Once the ballots arrived stateside they were promptly mailed to each state’s counting facility, reaching their final destination on November 7th.
“It’s a shame,” Rear Admiral John Dawes said when asked for comment. “I expected a delay so I ordered that everyone cast their votes eight months ago. It’s really unfortunate that our mail system failed us and directly affected the course of history.”
Upon hearing the news, angry Republicans have begun a demand for a recount, but most military absentee voters have shrugged off the news, with many wondering whether the care packages their families sent six months ago were ever going to show up.

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/11/military-absentee-ballots-delivered-one-day-late-would-have-swung-election-for-romney/#ixzz2Bgh0mRGS

Incredibly doubtful. Beings the military leans to the left...

petegz28
11-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Incredibly doubtful. Beings the military leans to the left...

That's a terrible attempt at being funny

dirk digler
11-08-2012, 09:22 PM
wow this is what is wrong with living in the RW bubble :)

This is a satire web site. They post BS stories for fun

Breastfeeding Moms By Infantry Barracks ‘Not Fooling Anyone’

by G-Had (http://www.duffelblog.com/author/ghad/) on <abbr title="2012-10-21" class="published">October 21, 2012</abbr> · 17 comments (http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/10/breastfeeding-moms-by-infantry-barracks-not-fooling-anyone/#comments)
http://www.duffelblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/061112af_breastfeeding_800-300x153.jpeg (http://www.duffelblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/061112af_breastfeeding_800.jpeg)Others have begun to ‘Breastfeed In Solidarity’ with their fellow Airmen

CAMP HORNO, CA – A pair of breastfeeding airmen outside the infantry barracks at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton “aren’t fooling anyone,” according to Gunnery Sergeant Leon Rashaun of 1st Battalion 4th Marines.

The mothers, Senior Airman Rebecca Henderson and Airman First Class Emily Rowe, who are normally stationed at Edwards Air Force Base, have been coming by every day for the past two months, which, according to Gunny Rashaun, “is exactly how long both their husbands have been deployed overseas.”

Both women waved at the Gunnery Sergeant, prompting him to give a forced smile through gritted teeth.

Senior Airman Henderson then asked if Alpha Company had come back from their field operation yet.

Airman First Class Rowe then laughed and reminded her that Alpha Company had been in the field last week and Charlie Company was out this week.

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/10/breastfeeding-moms-by-infantry-barracks-not-fooling-anyone/#ixzz2BgyLoFdi

dirk digler
11-08-2012, 09:23 PM
lol

The Department of Defense has been rocked by the firing and court-martial of a high-ranking Marine officer for allegedly violating every single article of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). Colonel Mitch Grant, once a promising VMI graduate and the commanding officer of the Eighth Marine Regiment, is now charged with adultery, forgery, arson, improper use of a countersign, espionage, stalking, burglary, making a check with insufficient funds, murder, depositing obscene matters in the mail, and conduct unbecoming an officer and gentleman, among other charges.

cosmo20002
11-08-2012, 09:25 PM
How could they arrive a day late when they were never sent out....

http://twitchy.com/2012/11/05/voter-suppression-outrage-redux-military-absentee-ballots-are-still-not-arriving/

then burnt in a fiery plane crash...

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/2012-election/absentee-ballots-some-us-military-may-have-been-destroyed-plane-crash

ROFL
People will believe anything. Well, some really stupid right-wingers anyway.

alnorth
11-08-2012, 09:32 PM
uhhh..... wow.

I never heard of this blog before, but when I read this, I immediately thought "Not bad, but its not up to Onion standards"

How the hell did anyone believe this?

aturnis
11-08-2012, 09:38 PM
I guess it depends. Since most breakdowns I've seen split the military up and only tell what a portion lean.

cosmo20002
11-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Deserves investigation but cannot believe Obama would ever stoop this low. Lets get the facts out in the open.

ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
11-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Deserves investigation but cannot believe Obama would ever stoop this low. Lets get the facts out in the open.Absolutely. I think every internet-based claim should be fully investigated. Let's get ALL the facts out in the open!

dirk digler
11-08-2012, 09:46 PM

Get a life

Captain Obvious
11-08-2012, 09:46 PM
I wish you guys would have let this run for a bit. Could have had some serious comedy.

Pitt Gorilla
11-08-2012, 09:47 PM
I wish you guys would have let this run for a bit. Could have had some serious comedy.Don't worry, there are still several that won't get it.

Hog Farmer
11-09-2012, 04:12 AM
I don't get it !

Mr. Flopnuts
11-09-2012, 05:19 AM
uhhh..... wow.

I never heard of this blog before, but when I read this, I immediately thought "Not bad, but its not up to Onion standards"

How the hell did anyone believe this?

Oh, they just wanted to get the facts out in the open.

jjjayb
11-09-2012, 07:22 AM
wow this is what is wrong with living in the RW bubble :)

This is a satire web site. They post BS stories for fun

It doesn't just happen on the right. How many women were convinced that Romney was going to outlaw tampons after a satire site posted a story on it?

Dave Lane
11-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Get a brain

FYP

Dave Lane
11-09-2012, 08:28 AM
It doesn't just happen on the right. How many women were convinced that Romney was going to outlaw tampons after a satire site posted a story on it?

Amnorix
11-09-2012, 08:34 AM
The best line of all:

So he ordered everyone to vote last MARCH. Beautiful...

Dave Lane
11-09-2012, 08:38 AM
OK I have to Post some of the Comments. Try to guess which one is R8ers:

Donna DeMartino ,i'd just like to add that i don't feel that americans have failed him,it's the pretender muslim in chief and his wannabe minions that failed him,you,me and everyone else in this land striving for peace ,liberty and common sense.there's been none for 4 years,and it'll be another 4 if things go as the pretender would like.

Patty, you are in lala land. The country is going to be ran in the ground. If you don't mind, I don't fancy standing behind usurpers and traitors as they destroy my country. I wouldn't a care if every one of them were shot dead tommorrow. Give it a couple of years and you won't be so accomodating either.

WHY BECAUSE IT INCRIMINATES YOUR BUDDY OBAMA.. HE IS A LIAR AND A CHEAT.. HE NEEDS TO BE PUT IN JAIL

Oh, and you are SO much SMARTER than everyone else huh? NEWSFLASH..IT IS NOT FUNNY! Military votes WERE SUPPRESSED asshole!

Yeah..that's what y'all like to think.....*l* Time will tell WHO is the idiot....and I bet it isn't me...When you can't pay for anything...or find a job....or feed yourself.....THEN I will tell you who the IDIOT is.....

STFU...a recount IS needed....I saw NEWS reports of FRAUD all day yesterday....but what do you care? BTW....Now remember folks!....People on the left should not be complaining about high gasoline prices; High Energy Bills; Higher Taxes; High Unemployment; Inflation; National Debt; Lousy Foreign Policy; Border Security; Health Care fines; Regulations; etc. etc. They bought it all hook line and sinker.

These looters will be the one demanding government hand outs when the US Treasury is broke. When the government runs out of money to feed them, they will come to your house and take what they want from your cabinets, even while YOUR children are hungry. Looters and parasites, the whole lot of them.

Absolutely disgusting and unacceptable! Felons, dead people, welfare recipients and every day citizens can all vote, but our Military cannot! Whether it changed the outcome or not, these brave men and women deserve to vote! There is NO reason why they voted 8 months ago, and their voices were not heard. This is despicable and makes me sick to my stomach. I am a proud Air Force mom, and demand that the people fighting for our freedoms everyday and sacrificing their lives be heard!

I hate to say it but I think Obama did steal the election. he has a history of that (ie.. Acorn) And now using the military by not counting their voice.. he stole it! A petition should be made to each state to recount every single vote as well as count every single vote of a Military personel that is not stateside! Shoot they took i belive it was a month to recount when bush got his 2nd term! Do it again!

Radar Chief
11-09-2012, 08:43 AM

How many still think Palin said she can see Russia from her house when it was Tina Fey doing an impersonation of her that said it? That one went on for years.

VAChief
11-21-2012, 08:46 AM
How many still think Palin said she can see Russia from her house when it was Tina Fey doing an impersonation of her that said it? That one went on for years.

Her initial statements were satire fodder, probably unfairly...most politicians say some stupid crap or at least something that can be skewed easily. That didn't bother me, but when she doubled down on it in a later interview that scared the crap out of me.

Dallas Chief
11-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Her initial statements were satire fodder, probably unfairly...most politicians say some stupid crap or at least something that can be skewed easily. That didn't bother me, but when she doubled down on it in a later interview that scared the crap out of me.

The libs love snopes so why can't I??? Sorry I had to check the actual statement she made on ABC.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/seealaska.asp

The context she used to answer the question was ridiculous though.:shake:

|Zach|
11-21-2012, 02:30 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAO at this thread.

loochy
11-21-2012, 02:31 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAO at this thread.

Quit LMAOing. ROYC doesn't like it.

NewChief
11-21-2012, 02:35 PM

Probably an equal amount who think that Al Gore said he "invented the internet."

:evil:

Bowser
11-21-2012, 02:37 PM
R8ers and BEP, sitting in a tree.....

Dallas Chief
11-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Probably an equal amount who think that Al Gore said he "invented the internet."

:evil:

He did say that though.:tinfoil:

|Zach|
11-21-2012, 02:42 PM
R8ers and BEP, sitting in a tree.....

Clicking on the about section of that site is gold.

Some motherfuckers simply don't care what goes in one ear and out the other as long as it supports their bullshit perspective.

|Zach|
11-21-2012, 03:25 PM

http://i.imgur.com/2bpe7.jpg