PDA

View Full Version : Football Bruce Arians anyone?

Von Dumbass
11-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Bruce Arians deserves a lot of credit for Indy's success. I'm starting to hear his name mentioned for potential HC openings.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/266954274410475520

He was Peyton Manning's first QB coach, was with Pittsburgh after they drafted Rapistburger, and has worked with Luck... His first NFL job was RB coach for the Chiefs as well.

The Rick
11-09-2012, 11:51 AM
He certainly seems to be doing a good job in Indy. :shrug:

SNR
11-09-2012, 12:55 PM
I said the Chiefs should have hired him as OC when they were still looking for a new guy.

Can't imagine he would be any worse than Brian Daboll.

However, I'm now glad we have Daboll to fucking tank this team into a franchise QB. The Chiefs made the right decision.

Dave Lane
11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
No

mnchiefsguy
11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
He might not be available, depending on Pagano's health and how his recovery from his cancer treatments are going. If Pagano is unable to resume his head coaching duties, Indy would be crazy to let Arians go anywhere.

Sorter
11-09-2012, 12:59 PM
I'd definitely bring him in for an interview. Seems to be a very good person, likes throwing the ball downfield, utilizes/likes speed at skill positions. Has shown an ability to work with young QBs in Manning, Ben, and Luck.

mcaj22
11-09-2012, 01:15 PM
yes.

the guy is endorsed and loved by big ben and now andrew luck

who else are we going to bring in that has any ****ing clue about QBs? Why bring a defensive coach in that has no idea about QBs? Why bring a retread coach? why bring a name coach thats been out of the league for 6 years? Why not a guy that designs is offense around a QB in a QB driven league

take a chance on a guy like Arians, take a chance on the unknown potential of Chip Kelly. Doesnt matter to me, stay away from the defensive minded Ray Horton Rob Ryan type guys that will be out there

BigMeatballDave
11-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Is he bringing Luck or Roethlisburger?

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2012, 02:11 PM
I mentioned Arians earlier this season. If the Colts get to the playoffs, he'll be a head coach somewhere next year.

He was the running back coach under Marty from 1989-1992, so there is a KC connection.

There's no doubt that the Chiefs could do much worse.

Molitoth
11-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Yes Please.

Discuss Thrower
11-09-2012, 02:12 PM
But I thoght Arians was the reason Roethlisberger was getting killed in Pittsburgh?

Detoxing
11-09-2012, 02:15 PM
But I thoght Arians was the reason Roethlisberger was getting killed in Pittsburgh?

Roethlisberger is the the reason Roethlisberger was getting killed in Pitt.

-King-
11-09-2012, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't mind.

Brock
11-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Yep.

Dayze
11-09-2012, 03:13 PM
I'd hit it.

...wait, is this the right thread?

BoneKrusher
11-09-2012, 03:18 PM
i'll say yes because we need a Coaching staff that knows how to groom our Franchise QB.

i like what he's done with Manning, Big Ben and now Luck.

saphojunkie
11-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I mentioned Arians earlier this season. If the Colts get to the playoffs, he'll be a head coach somewhere next year.

He was the running back coach under Marty from 1989-1992, so there is a KC connection.

There's no doubt that the Chiefs could do much (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/829094/romeo.gif) worse.

FYP

dallaschiefsfan
11-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Classic great coordinator that would be a disappointment as a head coach. Would love to have him as an OC...not as a head coach.

Brock
11-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Classic great coordinator that would be a disappointment as a head coach. Would love to have him as an OC...not as a head coach.

He's doing fine as a head coach right now.

dallaschiefsfan
11-09-2012, 03:59 PM

It's still Pagano's team. I'm not sure he can be evaluated in the interim role at this point. It's like Romeo's run at the end of the season. Meant nothing.

Ace Gunner
11-09-2012, 04:01 PM

He is -- but Pagano's visions/pre season prep/systems are Pagano's HC leadership in play, so I'd be careful assuming Arians work here.

Brock
11-09-2012, 04:03 PM
It's still Pagano's team. I'm not sure he can be evaluated in the interim role at this point. It's like Romeo's run at the end of the season. Meant nothing.

No, this is absolutely nothing like Romeo's run at the end of the season.

dallaschiefsfan
11-09-2012, 04:07 PM
No, this is absolutely nothing like Romeo's run at the end of the season.

OK...if you absolutely say so...

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Not crazy about this hire. First, I just don't see him being a head coach that would be comfortable delegating any kind of play calling responsibility. Second, he is a very experienced and respected coach, yet never once has come up in head coaching conversations -- there is usually a reason for that. Finally... look at the systems he runs. Luck has thrown the 3rd most passes of any QB in the league. The guy loves to throw and his offense is one that's so pass-heavy and wide open that it's unfavorable to the run and the QB tends to take a lot of hits.

I don't know if that's the offense you want to run if you don't have a QB with the uncanny pocket presence who is difficult to sack. Luck and Big Ben are two very difficult QBs to drop, even when the d-line gets initial push.

I'm still in favor of a coach with a history for very good structure and discipline. I think Arians is a terrific offensive mind, but not one I think will really motivate his players to be the best.

-King-
11-09-2012, 04:48 PM

Other than the fact that he didn't start out the season as the head coach, how is this in any way like Romeo last season?

Brock
11-09-2012, 04:49 PM

This isn't a team that was momentarily energized by a coaching change for the last few games of a season. But yeah, you're right, other than that it's exactly the same.

BossChief
11-09-2012, 05:07 PM
He is on my short list, that's for sure.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 05:08 PM
This isn't a team that was momentarily energized by a coaching change for the last few games of a season. But yeah, you're right, other than that it's exactly the same.

They are energized by a unified locker room that is rallying behind a sick head coach. Arians has handled that remarkably well. But there is still an energy level from an unusual circumstance.

And the point is a very good one, which is that Arians is pretty much running a Pagano coached team. He's doing a very good job. But it's not the first time a team has done well behind a replacement. Romeo last year. Singletary another year. It's not uncommon for a coach to take another coach's team and do well with it. I'm more interested in what a coach does after his full program is installed and at least a year into the job.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Something to keep in mind.

Arians has been an offensive coordinator for, what, almost 10 years?

He has NEVER had a season where his QB took less than 40 sacks and multiple times his QB has taken over 50 sacks. Luck is on pace to get over 40 sacks, while Ben is on pace to have one of his least sacked seasons of his career. And that's not by mistake. Arians' offense is pass-heavy with a spread design that makes it more difficult to pass protect. I also don't know that he's great at disciplining -- the offensive line in Pittsburgh is night and day fundamentally from where they were last year.

Der Flöprer
11-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Uhh, yeah, Arians had slipped my mind. I think he'd be a great choice. He's put in his time, paid his dues, and seems to do well anywhere he goes.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Uhh, yeah, Arians had slipped my mind. I think he'd be a great choice. He's put in his time, paid his dues, and seems to do well anywhere he goes.

Again, this is what scares me. NFL execs are in the know. And when a guy this experienced and respected doesn't get calls, there's usually a reason. Just like Cam Cameron almost never got calls. Al Saunders. Ron Rivera.

I would rather go with a young coach with upside then go for the popular guy ,acting like we know something other execs have missed for 20 years. Arians has been around a long time.

bevischief
11-09-2012, 05:22 PM
I need the football gods on here to help me make change my mind I at this point I leaning to no.

Der Flöprer
11-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Again, this is what scares me. NFL execs are in the know. And when a guy this experienced and respected doesn't get calls, there's usually a reason. Just like Cam Cameron almost never got calls. Al Saunders. Ron Rivera.

I would rather go with a young coach with upside then go for the popular guy ,acting like we know something other execs have missed for 20 years. Arians has been around a long time.

Fair point. I don't know enough about the guy.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Trollolol

BossChief
11-09-2012, 05:44 PM
1) he has a near perfect record with developing QBs. This HAS TO be the top priority going forward with this team.

2) he comes from the Pittsburgh line of coaches and has ties to defensive coaches from there that would be able to come in and give us a perfect fit for what this defense NEEDS to become the kind of attacking defense it has flashed the ability to be.

3) He is a damn good play caller that understands how to properly utilize his teams talent to not only move the chains, but to also scheme to get guys wide open.

Bruce Arians would be a damn good hire.

bevischief
11-09-2012, 05:54 PM
1) he has a near perfect record with developing QBs. This HAS TO be the top priority going forward with this team.

2) he comes from the Pittsburgh line of coaches and has ties to defensive coaches from there that would be able to come in and give us a perfect fit for what this defense NEEDS to become the kind of attacking defense it has flashed the ability to be.

3) He is a damn good play caller that understands how to properly utilize his teams talent to not only move the chains, but to also scheme to get guys wide open.

Bruce Arians would be a damn good hire.

Keep it coming football gods. I watch football to see a good game I don't watch it to pick it apart but I am a Chiefs fan... But I do know enough to listen to those who do and know who doesn't know football and who is blowing smoke up your b***. Same goes for me on college football games outside of North Dakota State Bisons.

Chief Roundup
11-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Why did he leave Pittsburgh?

-King-
11-09-2012, 06:40 PM

How do you know he never got calls?

rtmike
11-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Jim Isray seems to be in love with him as well. Anyone see the look in his eyes as he grabbed Bruce & hugged him directly after Pagano's speech.

I'm thinking Bruce digs this new responsibility judging his recent interviews. If for whatever reason Pagano doesn't return he's not going anywhere but I do think now that he has a taste of being a HC he's gonna have a choice of teams & most likely leave. How much of it is Luck though? I mean, Daboll could prolly shine if he ever had a QB worth a shit?

cyborgtable
11-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Sometimes a guy doesn't get calls for odd reasons, it happens in both the pro's and college. Look at Charlie Strong at Louisville, he took an awful team and has them undefeated during his third season but it took forever for him to get a head coaching gig. Arians may be the same way and for some odd reason hasn't been given offers

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2012, 10:38 PM

Just shut the fuck up. You're ALWAYS on the wrong side of the fence.

Bruce Arians, like Joe Philbin, has been a journeyman coach in the NFL that's worked with great organizations. He's always known his "role" and hasn't rocked the boat, just like Philbin.

He's a Super Bowl winning offensive coordinator and has helped another rookie QB to a 6-3 season, all the while coaching a team with quite possibly the worst situation in league history with a coach suffering from cancer.

JFC, will you EVER learn?

I hope someone rams a Lexington Steel dildo down your stupid throat. At least no one would have to HEAR your assinine, verbose bullshit, although we'd still be stuck reading it.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 10:50 PM
How do you know he never got calls?

His name has never, ever come up. Find me a report where it ever has.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Just shut the **** up. You're ALWAYS on the wrong side of the fence.

Bruce Arians, like Joe Philbin, has been a journeyman coach in the NFL that's worked with great organizations. He's always known his "role" and hasn't rocked the boat, just like Philbin.

He's a Super Bowl winning offensive coordinator and has helped another rookie QB to a 6-3 season, all the while coaching a team with quite possibly the worst situation in league history with a coach suffering from cancer.

JFC, will you EVER learn?

I hope someone rams a Lexington Steel dildo down your stupid throat. At least no one would have to HEAR your assinine, verbose bullshit, although we'd still be stuck reading it.

I wasn't on the wrong side of the fence when I was convincing you that Romeo Crennel would be a disaster.

Brock
11-09-2012, 10:57 PM
We should hire Norv Turner, he's been mentioned as a head coach candidate everywhere.

BossChief
11-09-2012, 10:58 PM
His name has never, ever come up. Find me a report where it ever has.

You can't be this stupid. Find me a report that says that a coach turned down an interview to be the Chiefs HC in 2009. 2 coaches turned down to even interview.

I can also tell you that there are more than 10 coaches, that are just position coaches for their teams, that have declined to interview for DC positions for YEARS all around the league. I know two of them are on the Steelers staff.

Sometimes people just like where they are at and realize that money and fame arent everything in life.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 11:00 PM
We should hire Norv Turner, he's been mentioned as a head coach candidate everywhere.

I said all offseason that Romeo was the Chiefs' version of Norv Turner. I get sick and tired of people getting boners over every coordinator that knows how to scheme. That doesn't make them a good head coach. Norv is a terrific coordinator, but he has no idea how to discipline a team. Arians is the same way. I'm sorry, but his offensive lines have been crap every where he's been, which indicates that he's a smart offensive mind, but he's not a fundamentals guy. That's NOT what you want in a head coach.

Brock
11-09-2012, 11:02 PM
I said all offseason that Romeo was the Chiefs' version of Norv Turner. I get sick and tired of people getting boners over every coordinator that knows how to scheme. That doesn't make them a good head coach. Norv is a terrific coordinator, but he has no idea how to discipline a team. Arians is the same way. I'm sorry, but his offensive lines have been crap every where he's been, which indicates that he's a smart offensive mind, but he's not a fundamentals guy. That's NOT what you want in a head coach.

How do you know whether Arians has any idea how to discipline a team? You're just pulling things out of your ass. The proof is in the pudding, Arians has the Colts situation well in hand, the facts aren't on your side here.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 11:03 PM
You can't be this stupid. Find me a report that says that a coach turned down an interview to be the Chiefs HC in 2009. 2 coaches turned down to even interview.

I can also tell you that there are more than 10 coaches, that are just position coaches for their teams, that have declined to interview for DC positions for YEARS all around the league. I know two of them are on the Steelers staff.

Sometimes people just like where they are at and realize that money and fame arent everything in life.

It's interesting when you call somebody stupid and then back it up with something that has no proof behind it. Based on what we the public know based on over 10-15 years of background... there is nothing to prove what your'e saying is true.

BossChief
11-09-2012, 11:07 PM
It's interesting when you call somebody stupid and then back it up with something that has no proof behind it. Based on what we the public know based on over 10-15 years of background... there is nothing to prove what your'e saying is true.

THATS THE FUCKING POINT.

You can't be stupid enough to think that just because it doesn't pop up on the ticker on ESPN that it didn't happen, can you?

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 11:07 PM
How do you know whether Arians has any idea how to discipline a team? You're just pulling things out of your ass. The proof is in the pudding, Arians has the Colts situation well in hand, the facts aren't on your side here.

You need to watch the Steelers' offensive line pre-Arians and post-Arians.

That's not pulling anything out of my ass. Arians' offense is electrifying and exciting. But his offensive line in Pittsburgh was a mess, it's still a mess in Indy. He happens to have two elite QBs who can play elite despite a horrible offensive line.

The proof is in the sack totals. He has coordinated offenses for almost 10 years and not a single QB has come even CLOSE to a season where he was sacked less than 40 times. His offense is Mike Martz, but with a QB who is more mobile.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 11:09 PM
THATS THE ****ING POINT.

What the fuck are you talking about. There is ZERO proof that Arians has ever shown up in head coaching speculation. Yet, you're trying to make a bogus point that he has because you speculate that he didn't want the job. You have no proof of that.

Right now, I am right that in over 10 years of experienced coaching, I have silence on my side to say that Arians has NOT been a hot commodity.

Sorter
11-09-2012, 11:10 PM

That's not pulling anything out of my ass. Arians' offense is electrifying and exciting. But his offensive line in Pittsburgh was a mess, it's still a mess in Indy. He happens to have two elite QBs who can play elite despite a horrible offensive line.

The proof is in the sack totals. He has coordinated offenses for almost 10 years and not a single QB has come even CLOSE to a season where he was sacked less than 40 times. His offense is Mike Martz, but with a QB who is more mobile.

To be fair, Indy's O-line is not very good.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 11:13 PM
To be fair, Indy's O-line is not very good.

That's what they said about Pittsburgh's. In fact, the talent on Pittsburgh is horrendous, when you think about all the injuries they've had.

The Steelers' o-line are playing totally different disciplined football. It's partially coaching. But it's also the fact that Arians is obsessed with shotgun sets and in a weak running game that makes the QB bait.

Brock
11-09-2012, 11:14 PM

When you say stupid shit like "Arians doesn't know how to discipline a team", you are pulling mind-numbingly stupid shit out of your ass. He's likely to have the colts in the playoffs with a rookie qb and bullshit at RB.

The Bad Guy
11-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Arians offense is not fucking Mike Martz. Arians does not call zero protection sets to get his QBs killed on 7 step drops.

That's an absurd comparison.

It's Arian's fault that every stop he goes the team puts no emphasis on the Oline?

The Bad Guy
11-09-2012, 11:15 PM
When you say stupid shit like "Arians doesn't know how to discipline a team", you are pulling mind-numbingly stupid shit out of your ass. He's likely to have the colts in the playoffs with a rookie qb and bullshit at RB.

And a defense stock full of fringe 2nd team players.

Arians is a damn fine coach.

The Bad Guy
11-09-2012, 11:17 PM
That's what they said about Pittsburgh's. In fact, the talent on Pittsburgh is horrendous, when you think about all the injuries they've had.

The Steelers' o-line are playing totally different disciplined football. It's partially coaching. But it's also the fact that Arians is obsessed with shotgun sets and in a weak running game that makes the QB bait.

And the Colts aren't playing disciplined football?

Get the fuck out of here. You've got the football intelligence of Blackbob.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Arians offense is not ****ing Mike Martz. Arians does not call zero protection sets to get his QBs killed on 7 step drops.

That's an absurd comparison.

It's Arian's fault that every stop he goes the team puts no emphasis on the Oline?

Haley's offensive line is worse than what Arians had, and it is performing a whole lot better. The reason the offensive line is bad everywhere he goes is that he favors a pass-heavy attack. Luck has thrown the 3rd or 4th most passes in the NFL.

Arians runs very spread out, largely shotgun sets that are very unfavorable to the run.

BossChief
11-09-2012, 11:18 PM
What the fuck are you talking about. There is ZERO proof that Arians has ever shown up in head coaching speculation. Yet, you're trying to make a bogus point that he has because you speculate that he didn't want the job. You have no proof of that.

Right now, I am right that in over 10 years of experienced coaching, I have silence on my side to say that Arians has NOT been a hot commodity.

I didn't say he has been asked to interview for HC spots...I said that it's foolish to think that he hasn't been contacted for spots just because Rich Eisen hasn't said it I also didn't call you stupid, I simply said "you cant be this stupid..." but if you think everytime a guy interviews for a HC spot or is asked to interview, that its reported, maybe I should have.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 11:21 PM

Romeo's team played disciplined last year when he took over the interim. And there are tons of very good coordinators who know how to scheme but can't head coach a team.

Just because he's a very good coordinator doesn't mean he's a great head coach. And it's laughable that a few games in an interim role suddenly gets people hard for the guy.

BossChief
11-09-2012, 11:23 PM
When you hand Bruce Arians a top overall pick QB or a first round QB, he develops him to be a star in the NFL and the team becomes almost immediate contenders.

EVERY

FUCKING

TIME

Brock
Romeo's team played disciplined last year when he took over the interim. And there are tons of very good coordinators who know how to scheme but can't head coach a team.

Just because he's a very good coordinator doesn't mean he's a great head coach. And it's laughable that a few games in an interim role suddenly gets people hard for the guy.

I don't give a shit about Romeo. We're talking about Bruce Arians.

You're going to look pretty stupid on this at the end of the year.

DaneMcCloud

A few? Try NINE. 6-3. With the original head coach battling cancer.

JFC, you're a retard.

A drooling, fucked up teeth, hairy eared, RETARD.

mcaj22
11-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Colts ran the ball 37 times on Thursday
Luck only had 26 pass attempts

your bruce arians theory debunked.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Colts ran the ball 37 times on Thursday
Luck only had 26 pass attempts

your bruce arians theory debunked.

So 1 game against the Jaguars should debunk the fact that his entire Steelers coordinating career and Luck's entire season so far has revolved around a pass-heavy offense.

The Chiefs ran the ball a lot against Baltimore. That means Jamaal Charles runs the ball a lot.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 11:28 PM
When you hand Bruce Arians a top overall pick QB or a first round QB, he develops him to be a star in the NFL and the team becomes almost immediate contenders.

EVERY

****ING

TIME

What? Ken Whisenhunt developed Big Ben. Andrew Luck was a phenom.

I think Arians is a terrific coordinator. But let's not overrate what he does for terrific QBs. And let's not pretend that that makes him a head coach.

BossChief
11-09-2012, 11:30 PM

I think Arians is a terrific coordinator. But let's not overrate what he does for terrific QBs. And let's not pretend that that makes him a head coach.

BlackBob breathes a sigh of relief after reading your posts tonight.

Teams trust Arians with premium draft picks because he has always delivered. In all honesty, hemay be my top guy after thinking about it. EVERYTHING for the next 4 years of Chiefs coaching needs to be predicated on developing our drafted QB.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2012, 11:32 PM

Just SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Are you trying to convince us that Whiz "developed" Rothlisberger as a backup during training camp, because that's EXACTLY what his role was in 2004?

Maddox started game one and was unable to complete it. Rothlisberger then guided the Steelers to a 15-1 record.

But yeah, that wasn't Ben's talent or anything. That was Ken Whisenhunt, who has been unable to repeat that feat in Arizona, despite six years and a myriad of quarterbacks.

Please, stop posting. You're annoying, verbose and a dumb cunt.

Thanks in advance.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 11:33 PM
A few? Try NINE. 6-3. With the original head coach battling cancer.

JFC, you're a retard.

A drooling, ****ed up teeth, hairy eared, RETARD.

You're the same guy that raved about Singletary because he pulled shit together for a half season. And about Romeo because players liked him in the interim.

I respect what Arians has done for the Colts. I think he's a good offensive coordinator, though I think you need a tough QB who can take a lot of hits. But that doesn't make him a good head coach.

mcaj22
11-09-2012, 11:34 PM
So 1 game against the Jaguars should debunk the fact that his entire Steelers coordinating career and Luck's entire season so far has revolved around a pass-heavy offense.

The Chiefs ran the ball a lot against Baltimore. That means Jamaal Charles runs the ball a lot.

Colts are 13th in rush yards
6th in RUSHES (behind the Chiefs)
28 rushes per game

there is balance there to that offense, so dont act like Arians is some one trick pony just because all you see is Big Ben highlight reels of him running around out of shotgun.

BossChief
11-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Think about the pool of coaches he would be able to decide to bring along with him...he coached for Pittsburgh for a long time and has ties through Chuck to Baltimore, too. Id take almost any of those position coaches for the DC spot.

mcaj22
11-09-2012, 11:35 PM
lol Ken Wisenhunt and QB development

good job Ken on developing Matt Leinart. No seriously good job, you are so lucky you had a hall of fame veteran QB at the end of his career revive himself and bail you out of that one.

Kevin Kolb and John Skelton are really setting the world on fire. Bang up job Ken, really putting QBs on the NFL map with all that development talent you got.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2012, 11:39 PM
You're the same guy that raved about Singletary because he pulled shit together for a half season. And about Romeo because players liked him in the interim.

Singletary was ultimately a failure in San Francisco. BUT, his influence and style was absolutely needed at the time because the 49ers were soft and not playing to the their potential.

The difference between he and Arians is that Arians has been coaching for 3 decades and Singletary had been around for less than 5 years as a coach.

The Bad Guy
11-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Haley's offensive line is worse than what Arians had, and it is performing a whole lot better. The reason the offensive line is bad everywhere he goes is that he favors a pass-heavy attack. Luck has thrown the 3rd or 4th most passes in the NFL.

Arians runs very spread out, largely shotgun sets that are very unfavorable to the run.

No, it's not worse than what Arians had. It's not even close to as worse as that line was.

Arians coordinated offenses in Pittsburgh his last 2 years that finished 14th and 11th in rushing offense.

You really don't know your fucking ass from first base. The reason the offensive lines are bad in his stops is because the talent sucks. There's not one stud on those lines except Pouncey.

Plenty of teams run pass happy offenses that the offensive lines hold up. That's just a joke of an argument.

mcaj22
11-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Arians got that pile of turds Tim Couch and the Cleveland Browns to the playoffs

thats more than Pioli and his shitty pals could ever do in Cleveland. So by that alone he is an upgrade. Since the Browns are the standard of how shitty a coach, players or GM will be, as we have learned by Pioli, Romeo, Peyton Hillis, Daboll and every other piece of shit Browns association we gave a current job to on the Chiefs

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 11:44 PM
No, it's not worse than what Arians had. It's not even close to as worse as that line was.

Arians coordinated offenses in Pittsburgh his last 2 years that finished 14th and 11th in rushing offense.

You really don't know your ****ing ass from first base. The reason the offensive lines are bad in his stops is because the talent sucks. There's not one stud on those lines except Pouncey.

Plenty of teams run pass happy offenses that the offensive lines hold up. That's just a joke of an argument.

You are blind if you think the Steelers' offensive line last year is even remotely close to playing the kind of disciplined football they're playing this year, with the same exact talent.

The Bad Guy
This is what Chiefzilla does, he talks in fucking circles and none of it is even close to the truth.

It's like he watches football from fucking outer space.

BossChief
Zilla, you should probably just apologize and slowly walk away from this thread forever and never talk about Arians again.

The Bad Guy
You are blind if you think the Steelers' offensive line last year is even remotely close to playing the kind of disciplined football they're playing this year, with the same exact talent.

You're the same shitbag who thinks all the Colts do is throw when they are 6th in rushing attempts this year.

Sorter
11-09-2012, 11:45 PM

Totally, I mean, that is why Rodgers, Raplithsberger (until this year), Brees, Ryan, Stafford, Brady(until this year), Eli, and Peyton have all been "QB bait" because of a silly "obsession with shotgun sets and a weak running game". Totally unsuccessful and all of those QBs just get the hell beat out of them because of those damn shotgun sets and that damn weak running game. Has nothing to do with their line play. No, it is those damn, meddling, "shotgun sets".

That obsession with that worthless shotgun set needs to ****ing go, IMO.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Arians got that pile of turds Tim Couch and the Cleveland Browns to the playoffs

thats more than Pioli and his shitty pals could ever do in Cleveland. So by that alone he is an upgrade. Since the Browns are the standard of how shitty a coach, players or GM will be, as we have learned by Pioli, Romeo, Peyton Hillis, Daboll and every other piece of shit Browns association we gave a current job to on the Chiefs

Arians is a good offensive coordinator. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about a job where the role is to be more of a disciplinarian than it is to be a scheme guy. I'd love to have him as an offensive coordinator. But sorry, this is just another example of people getting a hard-on for a guy who was not in ANY conversations last year because he's having a nice run right now.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Arians is a good offensive coordinator. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about a job where the role is to be more of a disciplinarian than it is to be a scheme guy. I'd love to have him as an offensive coordinator. But sorry, this is just another example of people getting a hard-on for a guy who was not in ANY conversations last year because he's having a nice run right now.

Joe Philbin.

John Harbaugh.

Mike Smith.

Shut the fuck up.

BossChief
11-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Has Bruce Arians ever been a part of a failed offense or a team that was bad in back to back years?

mcaj22
11-09-2012, 11:49 PM
people get a hard on for the guy because

A) hes not part of the Pats Tree/Browns 95 Tree/Anything Pioli
B) He has a KC Connection/Cowher connection
C) He has a Steelers/Baltimore connection
D) Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Andrew Luck and was able to even disguise turds like Tim Couch to be better than what they are.

There is a lot to be excited about with Bruce Arians. And I mean come on, people were excited about the hype of ROMEO ****ING CRENNEL being HC of this team last year and this dude is a clear upgrade over any coach we have had since Vermeil.

You could honestly do much worse than Arians (Martyball or anything with his last name, Andy Reid, Cowher, Gruden, Perry Fewell, Ray Horton, the list goes on and on and on)

The Bad Guy
11-09-2012, 11:51 PM

There's absolutely no evidence of this at all.

The guy took over a tough situation in Indy and they are playing great football.

Why should him being in the conversation last year have anything to do with today? That's just about the dumbest thing you've said in this thread and that's incredible.

Chip Kelly wasn't in the discussion last year. I'm sure the Dolphins fans didn't want Joel Philbin after the 2010 season.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

BossChief
11-09-2012, 11:53 PM
BlackBob hopes ChiefsZilla posts more.

chiefzilla1501
11-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Zilla, you should probably just apologize and slowly walk away from this thread forever and never talk about Arians again.

I really don't care. This place becomes so obsessive over shiny objects. Arians knows how to coach QBs, therefore, he's a good head coach.

I think he's a terrific QBs coach and great at scheme. But he is a guy who relies on a smart scheme more than he does on fundamentals. That's not what I want in a head coach.

Sorter
11-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Chiefzilla, you do realize that nearly every team in the SB since 2007 has done it with those silly "shotgun sets" and a "weak running game"?

Right? You realize that these "shotgun sets" aren't just a gimmick?

BossChief
11-09-2012, 11:59 PM
I really don't care. This place becomes so obsessive over shiny objects. Arians knows how to coach QBs, therefore, he's a good head coach.

I think he's a terrific QBs coach and great at scheme. But he is a guy who relies on a smart scheme more than he does on fundamentals. That's not what I want in a head coach.

75% of being a successful head football coach is having a good quarterback. The other 25% is having a good defense that can cause turnovers...where did Arians come from again?

Get a clue.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Joe Philbin.

John Harbaugh.

Mike Smith.

Shut the **** up.

When you're a coordinator for a highly successful team, you are always brought up in conversations.

None of those guys were. Except for Philbin, who you yourself said didn't get enough attention because he was a coordinator "in name" only.

But good example.

tk13
11-10-2012, 12:03 AM
There would be irony in this, given the Steelers let Arians walk and hired Haley.

He's done a great job with QB's. Andrew Luck is a freaking robot designed to play QB though, so I'm pretty sure Rich Kotite could be his QB coach and still have success.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Chiefzilla, you do realize that nearly every team in the SB since 2007 has done it with those silly "shotgun sets" and a "weak running game"?

Right? You realize that these "shotgun sets" aren't just a gimmick?

I don't have a problem with shotgun sets. But Arians doesn't seem to mind offensive sets where the QB holds on to the ball and gets hit a ton. Like I said, his QBs take a LOT of sacks. And people keep bringing up Pittsburgh, but never once address that their o-line is not only giving up a lot less sacks this year, they're playing with a shitload more discipline.

DaneMcCloud
11-10-2012, 12:04 AM
When you're a coordinator for a highly successful team, you are always brought up in conversations.

None of those guys were. Except for Philbin, who you yourself said didn't get enough attention because he was a coordinator "in name" only.

But good example.

What the fuck?

You just said this:

But sorry, this is just another example of people getting a hard-on for a guy who was not in ANY conversations last year because he's having a nice run right now.

What the FUCK is wrong with you?

mcaj22
11-10-2012, 12:04 AM
all those guys were coordinators lol

BossChief
11-10-2012, 12:06 AM
There would be irony in this, given the Steelers let Arians walk and hired Haley.

They didn't "let him walk", they told him to "retire" or they were gonna fire him.

He retired and then signed on in Indy for a parallel role and is excelling in his role that has increased since he got there.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 12:09 AM
75% of being a successful head football coach is having a good quarterback. The other 25% is having a good defense that can cause turnovers...where did Arians come from again?

Get a clue.

Which is why Norv Turner, Cam Cameron, Pat Shurmur, Jason Garrett, Josh McDaniels, Jim Zorn. These guys were great head coaches, right?

I want a stud offensive coordinator and a coaching staff that can develop the hell out of a franchise QB. That doesn't make them great head coaches. I don't doubt that Arians could coach up the next QB we have, and probably coordinate a decent offense... But JFC, we get hard-ons for any coach who can coach up a QB. Defensive coaches are having just as much success right now as offensive ones.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 12:11 AM
What the ****?

You just said this:

What the **** is wrong with you?

Yeah, and...?

Arians is a guy in a visible, prominent role that nobody has ever talked about. Until now. The other guys you mentioned were under-the-radar guys who were missed for the wrong reasons.

You are implying that NFL execs are stupid and repeatedly missed out on Arians even though he was one of the most visible candidates on the block.

Sorter
11-10-2012, 12:15 AM
I don't have a problem with shotgun sets. But Arians doesn't seem to mind offensive sets where the QB holds on to the ball and gets hit a ton. Like I said, his QBs take a LOT of sacks. And people keep bringing up Pittsburgh, but never once address that their o-line is not only giving up a lot less sacks this year, they're playing with a shitload more discipline.

His Qbs take a lot of hits primarily because of their QBs playing style . However, his vertical emphasis plays part to an extent, although not as great of one as you think.

Watch his route concepts. He isn't having every single route have a min. 12yd stem. ROFL He has plenty of underneath concepts that allow the ball to be delivered quickly.

His QBs get hit a lot largely in part to their playing style (The Raper is unique IMO; Luck holds onto the ball a bit bc he's a rookie and personally, tries to go more vertically with the football bc of his confidence and other personal traits), and the lack of talent that Arian's O-lines have had.

While his emphasis on vertical concepts does contribute, nearly all of his plays like most, have shorter, quicker developing routes. It isn't like the guy is just running 4 verts the whole game.

DaneMcCloud
11-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Yeah, and...?

Arians is a guy in a visible, prominent role that nobody has ever talked about. Until now. The other guys you mentioned were under-the-radar guys who were missed for the wrong reasons.

You are implying that NFL execs are stupid and repeatedly missed out on Arians even though he was one of the most visible candidates on the block.

You are fucking dumb.

Go to bed and bore your wife. It has to be better than boring us.

DaneMcCloud
11-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Oh, and BTW, who correctly chose the last Chiefs head coach?

From a logical standpoint, I chose Haley.

IMO, it doesn't make any sense not to have hired a coach that's currently unemployed (Shanahan, Cowher, etc.) or a coach from the college ranks before the Senior Bowl, let alone the Super Bowl.

That leaves coordinators still coaching. Arians and LeBeau are out for obvious reasons, which leaves Pendergast and Haley.

Pendergast has never been mentioned as a head coaching candidate, anywhere. That leaves Haley.

Since Haley has ties with Pioli, I'd say he's the choice.

Sorter
11-10-2012, 12:17 AM
And people keep bringing up Pittsburgh, but never once address that their o-line is not only giving up a lot less sacks this year, they're playing with a shitload more discipline.

Haley has made it a point of emphasis to utilize more 3 step drops and even more underneath routes than Arians. The O-line is also better than previous years, IMO.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Haley has made it a point of emphasis to utilize more 3 step drops and even more underneath routes than Arians. The O-line is also better than previous years, IMO.

The o-line isn't better. It's been banged up, including Pouncey. You can't disregard that they're playing a lot more technically sound. It's not just about the offensive scheme. They are blockers who played with no discipline who are at least getting some of the technique right.

BossChief
11-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Which is why Norv Turner, Cam Cameron, Pat Shurmur, Jason Garrett, Josh McDaniels, Jim Zorn. These guys were great head coaches, right?

I want a stud offensive coordinator and a coaching staff that can develop the hell out of a franchise QB. That doesn't make them great head coaches. I don't doubt that Arians could coach up the next QB we have, and probably coordinate a decent offense... But JFC, we get hard-ons for any coach who can coach up a QB. Defensive coaches are having just as much success right now as offensive ones.

Way to completely make my point for me.

Tell me how many good quarterbacks those guys had when they were head coaches.

el borracho
11-10-2012, 12:26 AM
No, thank you; Arians is 60 years old.

Sorter
11-10-2012, 12:26 AM
The o-line isn't better. It's been banged up, including Pouncey. You can't disregard that they're playing a lot more technically sound. It's not just about the offensive scheme. They are blockers who played with no discipline who are at least getting some of the technique right.

And you're going to put these "discipline" issues on Arians?

Not the O-line coach, not the HC, but solely on the offensive coordinator?LMAO

Sorter
11-10-2012, 12:27 AM

How old was that guy from Jacksonville the Giants hired when he got there?

DaneMcCloud
11-10-2012, 12:32 AM

As is Nick Saban

el borracho
11-10-2012, 12:34 AM
How old was that guy from Jacksonville the Giants hired when he got there?

Who? The guy that was nearly run out of town before Eli decided he was an elite QB?

Sorter
11-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Who? The guy that was nearly run out of town before Eli decided he was an elite QB?

Lol. What did that have to do with his age?

That's your argument right? Don't hire anyone 60 or older?

DaneMcCloud
11-10-2012, 12:37 AM

The difference is that no one is run out of Kansas City.

They act crazy until they're fired.

Sorter
11-10-2012, 12:38 AM

I'm not saying I want Coughlin or Arians is him.

To dismiss a guy just because of age is silly to me. If he can coach, wants to, and has an elite QB, you're going to have production. Motherfucker could be in his 70's. LMAO

mcaj22
11-10-2012, 12:38 AM
we just hired Romeo who is like 700 years old compared to Arians so yeah

el borracho
11-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Like whoever you like. It isn't the direction I would choose, especially given the stated goal of organizational stability. I would select a guy who could be here a long time (assuming his performance merits the tenure).

Sorter
11-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Like whoever you like. It isn't the direction I would choose, especially given the stated goal of organizational stability. I would select a guy who could be here a long time (assuming his performance merits the tenure).

Yes, choosing a younger coach with the same qualifications/skills is better.

You completely dismissed anyone 60+. That is silly, IMO.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 08:22 AM

You can blame his pass pro problems on the offensive lines or you can blame that on the coordinator. I think it has a lot to do with fundamentals. Like we saw in Gailey's pistol offense, guys like Albert weren't playing with technique. They were throwing their bodies around, but they got away with it. Arians' scheme is more dependent on the QB and innovation.

Arians just strikes me as a scheme guy and a QBs guy. That's Norv Turner. I demand that for an OC. Out of a head coach, I want a Jim Harbaugh who is going to make this team disciplined and fundamentally sound. I just don't see Arians being that type of guy. He's coached well in Pagano's absence. But so have Jason Garrett, Romeo, Norv, Bill Callahan... lots of guys have succeeded in the short-term then fizzled.

cyborgtable
11-10-2012, 08:43 AM
And the Colts aren't playing disciplined football?

Get the **** out of here. You've got the football intelligence of Blackbob.

Not a bigger insult has ever been given

The Bad Guy
11-10-2012, 09:32 AM

Arians is running an entire team right now. A team that could have just went south when Pagano became ill. That means he can handle tough times and coach through them, unlike tons of coaches in this league.

How could you have a smart scheme and poor fundamentals? That's a huge fucking oxymoron. Your smart scheme is falling to shit if you don't have proper technique.

You're just fucking grasping as shit. It's comical really.

The Bad Guy
11-10-2012, 09:33 AM

It's just a convenient argument for this slapcock.

Richard_Cuckold
11-10-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm all for it.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Arians is running an entire team right now. A team that could have just went south when Pagano became ill. That means he can handle tough times and coach through them, unlike tons of coaches in this league.
He's done an awesome job. But this is a unique circumstance. I do think Arians is a guy players love and that's perfect for this situation. But 3 years from now, Arians has to be a guy who can have a tight grip on his locker room. I am not convinced he is that type of guy.

How could you have a smart scheme and poor fundamentals? That's a huge ****ing oxymoron. Your smart scheme is falling to shit if you don't have proper technique.
I'm not saying the team has poor fundamentals. I'm saying his scheme is based on great play calling and the QB, and that with that, you don't need as much of the tight fundamentals. Especially in Arians' spread. Again, it reminds of when Branden Albert had a good season under Gailey but didn't know shit about technique.

You're just ****ing grasping as shit. It's comical really.
I'm not grasping at shit. Again, we have a 60-year old, highly visible coordinator who has never gotten looks for an NFL head coaching job. We are trying to act like for 20 years, NFL executives were clueless and somehow completely missed something. It's not like he was ever an "under-the-radar" guy.

Big Ben's defense of Arians is a red flag for why he should not be a head coach. Big Ben is a terrific player, but he freelances and he was not popular in the locker room. And he too often acts like he's above his team and coaches. Arians let Big Ben do whatever he wanted. That's fine if you're a coordinator. It's scary if he has to be the head coach trying to reign that guy in.

Chief Roundup
11-10-2012, 10:48 AM
A team that could have just went south when Pagano became ill.

I think that Pagano having cancer has actually helped to motivate the team. Not taking anything away from what Arians has done in the interim. But all of the emotion and everything. I am waiting to see if and when that runs out.

The Bad Guy
11-10-2012, 11:14 AM
He's done an awesome job. But this is a unique circumstance. I do think Arians is a guy players love and that's perfect for this situation. But 3 years from now, Arians has to be a guy who can have a tight grip on his locker room. I am not convinced he is that type of guy.

I'm not saying the team has poor fundamentals. I'm saying his scheme is based on great play calling and the QB, and that with that, you don't need as much of the tight fundamentals. Especially in Arians' spread. Again, it reminds of when Branden Albert had a good season under Gailey but didn't know shit about technique.

I'm not grasping at shit. Again, we have a 60-year old, highly visible coordinator who has never gotten looks for an NFL head coaching job. We are trying to act like for 20 years, NFL executives were clueless and somehow completely missed something. It's not like he was ever an "under-the-radar" guy.

Big Ben's defense of Arians is a red flag for why he should not be a head coach. Big Ben is a terrific player, but he freelances and he was not popular in the locker room. And he too often acts like he's above his team and coaches. Arians let Big Ben do whatever he wanted. That's fine if you're a coordinator. It's scary if he has to be the head coach trying to reign that guy in.

So since a great player endorses a coach, that's a red flag? Bullshit.

So he calls great games, has done a great job when put into a tough position, and can scheme? Yet, you want to fabricate all these excuses with no real basis as to why he shouldn't be a HC candidate?

Teams that are coached well, and can scheme, also have pretty good fundamentals. If you teach great fundamentals to a poor or average player, that player is still poor and average without someone who can put them in the right spots.

Mike Smith never got any looks either, neither did Chuck Pagano. There's a lot of stupid NFL execs that hire bums like Romeo, Jason Garrett, Pat Shurmur, Chan Gailey, Ron Rivera, Mike Mularkey, and Mike Munchack. Using that as a sticking point is also a crock.

Brock
11-10-2012, 11:17 AM
I think that Pagano having cancer has actually helped to motivate the team. Not taking anything away from what Arians has done in the interim. But all of the emotion and everything. I am waiting to see if and when that runs out.

And yet, if they were losing, nobody would be making excuses for Arians.

BossChief
11-10-2012, 11:17 AM
If we draft Geno Smith and hire Arians...this team is set up for a quick turnaround like the 49ers and Colts.

bevischief
11-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Think about the pool of coaches he would be able to decide to bring along with him...he coached for Pittsburgh for a long time and has ties through Chuck to Baltimore, too. Id take almost any of those position coaches for the DC spot.

If we can be so lucky... I agree.

bevischief
11-10-2012, 11:25 AM
If we draft Geno Smith and hire Arians...this team is set up for a quick turnaround like the 49ers and Colts.

I agree.

Chief Roundup
11-10-2012, 11:26 AM
And yet, if they were losing, nobody would be making excuses for Arians.

That is the double edged sword that is the NFL.

BossChief
11-10-2012, 11:35 AM
I'd also like to make it clear that the offense Geno Smith has been running and the he ran before holgoson got there should allow him to pick up Arians offense quicker than a guy like Barkley or Wilson. It would also allow his ceiling to be realized, too.

That's it. I've made my mind up.

Bruce Arians is my top guy.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 11:52 AM
So since a great player endorses a coach, that's a red flag? Bullshit.

So he calls great games, has done a great job when put into a tough position, and can scheme? Yet, you want to fabricate all these excuses with no real basis as to why he shouldn't be a HC candidate?
The idea that player's coaches tend to be very popular quickly, and then begin to lose the team once their regime takes hold is not a fabrication. It happens all the time. Props to Arians -- he's done a great job in this situation. But he won over his locker room because he's a popular guy that players rally around. I want to know what happens when he has to start kicking ass -- if Big Ben and Santonio Holmes are any indication, it will be that players can walk all over him.

Teams that are coached well, and can scheme, also have pretty good fundamentals. If you teach great fundamentals to a poor or average player, that player is still poor and average without someone who can put them in the right spots.
Arians has never had a QB take less than 40 sacks in a season. That is a FACT. You can explain it away all you want. But anybody who has watched the Steelers' o-line knows they are fundamentally light years ahead of where they were last year.

Mike Smith never got any looks either, neither did Chuck Pagano. There's a lot of stupid NFL execs that hire bums like Romeo, Jason Garrett, Pat Shurmur, Chan Gailey, Ron Rivera, Mike Mularkey, and Mike Munchack. Using that as a sticking point is also a crock.
Mike Smith and Pagano did not have to wait that long. They don't have nearly the kind of experience that Arians has. There are stupid NFL execs, but Arians was also passed up for by great teams as well. But there are good franchises who passed him up for years too.

Brock
11-10-2012, 11:53 AM
If this guy keeps it up, he's a slam dunk to be a head coach next year, no matter what psychobabble reasons against it zilla comes up with.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 11:59 AM

I don't care about a quick turnaround. I want a coach who 3 years from now will have a disciplined football team that plays hard and is motivated to play.

We are all stuck in this loop that scheme and positional coaching is the most important thing for a head coach. It's not. It's a lot more about leadership, organization, and disciplining mostly immature players.

This is the same damn argument I had when I was convincing all of you that the Chiefs would regret firing Haley and replacing him with Romeo.

DTLB58
11-10-2012, 12:00 PM
I'd also like to make it clear that the offense Geno Smith has been running and the he ran before holgoson got there should allow him to pick up Arians offense quicker than a guy like Barkley or Wilson. It would also allow his ceiling to be realized, too.

So then Arians and Polian team up again? :eek:

He is for sure a QB guy, which we need. But he is 60. I'm not sure Clark is gonna hire at that age starting over again. He is gonna want another crack at setting up the "Steeler profile" Where the Coach and GM stay for 10-20 years.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 12:01 PM
If this guy keeps it up, he's a slam dunk to be a head coach next year, no matter what psychobabble reasons against it zilla comes up with.

I think he will be a head coach. But I think he will be hired by a team fixated by shiny objects, rather than doing the deep interview process to figure out if the guy has long-term leadership in his blood.

DaneMcCloud
11-10-2012, 12:03 PM
I think he will be a head coach. But I think he will be hired by a team fixated by shiny objects, rather than doing the deep interview process to figure out if the guy has long-term leadership in his blood.

And you're consistently wrong about everything so how about you shut the fuck up for once?

Brock
11-10-2012, 12:08 PM

If Pagano wasn't able to return, who would be the Colts head coach next year?

BossChief
11-10-2012, 12:18 PM
If Pagano wasn't able to return, who would be the Colts head coach next year?

Even if he is in remission in the offseason, the team might decide to buy out his deal and promote Arians because they would lose him otherwise and the chance Paganos cancer pops back up would always be there.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 12:18 PM

Pat Shurmur, John Morton, Marty Morninweig. All coordinators with familiarity with a Barkley system who will likely be up for an OC job next year.

Norv Turner's Coryell offense would be great for Geno Smith or Wilson.

If you're looking for a guy who can coach QBs, consider Sean Ryan of the Giants. In fact, if he uses Gilbride's offense, he'd be terrific for Geno.

Again, I hate the idea that ability to work with QBs and create a scheme is the only thing we care about. We can hire a coordinator to do that exceptionally well, and there are going to be some exceptional candidates on the market.

BossChief
11-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Just stop

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Just stop

Just stop what? You were talking about scheme fitting the QB. I pointed out very qualified offensive coordinator candidates who run schemes that would be tailor made for a top pick QB, and most of them have a very good history with QBs.

But by all means... we should hire a head coach only on the basis of how he handles QBs.

BossChief
11-10-2012, 12:33 PM
:facepalm:

It's threads like this that make people forget that from time to time you make really good points because all they remember are retarded posts like the ones you submitted to this thread.

I know you can't see it, but you appear to be a BlackBob doppleganger in this thread.

mcaj22
11-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Just stop what? You were talking about scheme fitting the QB. I pointed out very qualified offensive coordinator candidates who run schemes that would be tailor made for a top pick QB, and most of them have a very good history with QBs.

But by all means... we should hire a head coach only on the basis of how he handles QBs.

im actually curious since you are so anti hiring a HC with QB development/offensive mind, who would YOU want to hire as the HC? Who is on your list of HC candidates if Bruce Arians is not?

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 12:50 PM
im actually curious since you are so anti hiring a HC with QB development/offensive mind, who would YOU want to hire as the HC? Who is on your list of HC candidates if Bruce Arians is not?

My top choice continues to be Gus Bradley. Tough coordinator that players respond very well to and play hard for. Very disciplined defense in Seattle. He is a guy who came from a Kiffin cover 2, and flexed his scheme into Carroll's under scheme. I don't know enough about Ray Horton as a leader, but he's someone I'd also consider.

Then you surround him with a top-notch coordinator. Like I said, you hire Morton, Shurmur, or Morninweig (even though I'm not super crazy about him), then Barkley has a top-notch west coast offense coordinator. You hire Norv Turner and he's perfect for a guy like Geno who loves to go vertical.

Doing it this way gets you a talented schemer and QB coach who can devote all his time to that, as opposed to a guy like Arians who will undoubtedly want to call plays and have a limited amount of time to devote to the QB.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 12:56 PM
:facepalm:

It's threads like this that make people forget that from time to time you make really good points because all they remember are retarded posts like the ones you submitted to this thread.

I know you can't see it, but you appear to be a BlackBob doppleganger in this thread.

Just pointing out the facts. You can feel free to form your own opinion.

Arians' offense in 3 different offenses has given up 40+ sacks every year. Big Ben loved Arians, and it was known by lots of circles that he had become a diva and that he wasn't popular in the locker room -- a more than valid concern that he's a player's coach and that players can walk all over him. There are clear technique improvements in the offensive line for Pitt since he left. Arians is NOT the first or last interim head coach to get a quick emotional lift from his locker room under adversity. Arians is 60 years old, a well respected offensive mind, coordinator for 3 offenses, and never once have I heard his name in coaching conversations.

You can speculate all those things above all you want. But based on the facts we know, those are true and fair arguments against Arians.

BossChief
11-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Hshahahaha

Yeah, let's go back to a cover 2.

JFC fuck off.

These players responded extremely well to attacking schemes and are terrible with Romeos passive ones and your choice is to hire another JC that runs a read and react defense.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Hshahahaha

Yeah, let's go back to a cover 2.

JFC **** off.

These players responded extremely well to attacking schemes and are terrible with Romeos passive ones and your choice is to hire another JC that runs a read and react defense.

The Seattle defense is an under scheme, which is basically a 1-gap 3-4. It is not Kiffin's cover 2. I brought up that point to suggest that Bradley proved he has the flexibility to adapt his scheme. The defense he has built with Carroll is extremely innovative.

BossChief
11-10-2012, 01:12 PM
That philosophy is what got us into this mess in the first place.

"Romeo is gonna coach of the year because he adjusted his scheme to blitz more over the second half of the year. Dabolls offense over the last 10 games with Miami was damn good. He got the most out of Moore...plus, we have Jim Zorn."

Fuck that.

I want to draft a first round qb and hire a head coach that has a proven track record of developing top talents. I want to go all in on Geno Smith, not just "good enough"

Hire Arians and let him hire a guy from Pittsburgh or Baltimore to run the defense.

BOOM

Brock
11-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Just pointing out the facts. You can feel free to form your own opinion.

Arians' offense in 3 different offenses has given up 40+ sacks every year. Big Ben loved Arians, and it was known by lots of circles that he had become a diva and that he wasn't popular in the locker room -- a more than valid concern that he's a player's coach and that players can walk all over him. There are clear technique improvements in the offensive line for Pitt since he left. Arians is NOT the first or last interim head coach to get a quick emotional lift from his locker room under adversity. Arians is 60 years old, a well respected offensive mind, coordinator for 3 offenses, and never once have I heard his name in coaching conversations.

You can speculate all those things above all you want. But based on the facts we know, those are true and fair arguments against Arians.

Well, he's going to be one next year. So here on planet Earth, your arguments don't mean anything.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 01:24 PM
That philosophy is what got us into this mess in the first place.

"Romeo is gonna coach of the year because he adjusted his scheme to blitz more over the second half of the year. Dabolls offense over the last 10 games with Miami was damn good. He got the most out of Moore...plus, we have Jim Zorn."

**** that.
And yet you are recommending hiring a head coach purely because he was a good positions coach and has a scheme you like. Romeo's problem as a head coach isn't scheme, it's leadership. He's a player's coach and his players walk all over him. I mentioned scheme with Bradley to highlight that he is willing to adapt, which means I believe he will have an open mind to giving the offensive coordinator free reign. More than anything, you watch Seattle play, and every single player hustles and swarms even after the tackle is made. It is a very, very well coached, technically sound defense.

I want our head coach to instill the discipline and hustle that you see in Bradley's defense. I want our offensive coordinator to be an overqualified guy whose primary job is to fix the QB.

I want to draft a first round qb and hire a head coach that has a proven track record of developing top talents. I want to go all in on Geno Smith, not just "good enough"
Yes, and I brought up several examples of coordinators with schemes that fit the player. All who have a great track record of coaching QBs. Why do you insist that your head coach HAVE to be a QB guru?

Hire Arians and let him hire a guy from Pittsburgh or Baltimore to run the defense.
Arians is going to want to be involved in playcalling. He will probably hire a lackey offensive coordinator if anything. In other words, coaching the QB is going to be one of a million responsibilities he will have. Wouldn't you rather a full-time offensive coordinator who has a LOT more time to commit to coaching the QB?

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Well, he's going to be one next year. So here on planet Earth, your arguments don't mean anything.

I don't give a shit if other teams hire him. We are not other teams. I care about the hire that's best for the Chiefs. I've said repeatedly I think Arians will coach. But it will either be by the Colts as an interim coach, or by a team that is more than likely chasing after a shiny object.

Just because he will be coaching next year doesn't mean he's a great hire. Romeo is coaching this year, after all.

Brock
11-10-2012, 01:36 PM
I don't give a shit if other teams hire him. We are not other teams. I care about the hire that's best for the Chiefs. I've said repeatedly I think Arians will coach. But it will either be by the Colts as an interim coach, or by a team that is more than likely chasing after a shiny object.

Just because he will be coaching next year doesn't mean he's a great hire. Romeo is coaching this year, after all.

Weren't you chasing a shiny object when you went all in on Steve Spagnuolo? Your current candidate looks a lot like that.

petegz28
11-10-2012, 01:38 PM
At this point I would just be happy with a HC who isn't scared, a GM who isn't cheap and a QB that can throw the ball more than 10 yards on target.

BossChief
11-10-2012, 01:56 PM
And yet you are recommending hiring a head coach purely because he was a good positions coach and has a scheme you like. Romeo's problem as a head coach isn't scheme, it's leadership. He's a player's coach and his players walk all over him. I mentioned scheme with Bradley to highlight that he is willing to adapt, which means I believe he will have an open mind to giving the offensive coordinator free reign. More than anything, you watch Seattle play, and every single player hustles and swarms even after the tackle is made. It is a very, very well coached, technically sound defense.

I want our head coach to instill the discipline and hustle that you see in Bradley's defense. I want our offensive coordinator to be an overqualified guy whose primary job is to fix the QB.

Yes, and I brought up several examples of coordinators with schemes that fit the player. All who have a great track record of coaching QBs. Why do you insist that your head coach HAVE to be a QB guru?

Arians is going to want to be involved in playcalling. He will probably hire a lackey offensive coordinator if anything. In other words, coaching the QB is going to be one of a million responsibilities he will have. Wouldn't you rather a full-time offensive coordinator who has a LOT more time to commit to coaching the QB?

1) Bruce Arians isn't a "good position coach" he is a borderline elite OC and is an ELITE developer of QBs. He has also shown that he can take the reigns of a bad team and immediately turn things around.

2) His players dont "walk all over him" you dumbshit. That's just another BlackBob level stupid false point.

3) I insist on our next HC to be a QB guru because we haven't drafted one in 30 years and I want our kid to have the absolute best chance to succeed as possible...EVERYTHING regarding our teams chances at ever winning a superbowl hinge on EXACTLY that. FFS people shouldn't have to spell that out for you.

4) Stop guessing as to what kind of coordinator he would hire. You have NO CLUE what kind of OC he would want at his age. He has decades of experience running superbowl quality offenses and there are a fuckton of coaches he has worked with along the way and one would think he would be able to identify a crop of younger guys that he could hire and groom.

My guess would be that he would hire Randy Fichtner as his OC and would try like hell to pry Keith Butler out of Pittsburgh to be his DC (but I doubt he could, he LOVES it in Pittsburgh and has turned down other opportunities to move on for promotions) and would likely reach out to Chuck Pagano for who he thinks would be a good choice form the guys in Baltimore.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Weren't you chasing a shiny object when you went all in on Steve Spagnuolo? Your current candidate looks a lot like that.

It's an odd and obscure example for you to bring up. I really don't care if he didn't pan out. I still think I was right to endorse him when he was applying for head coaching jobs. We can't predict the future. I've also been right on a lot of head coaches, including Romeo, Rivera, Norv, and Rex Ryan. Even when Romeo and Ryan were getting their balls sucked on by CP.

cyborgtable
11-10-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't care about a quick turnaround. I want a coach who 3 years from now will have a disciplined football team that plays hard and is motivated to play.

We are all stuck in this loop that scheme and positional coaching is the most important thing for a head coach. It's not. It's a lot more about leadership, organization, and disciplining mostly immature players.

This is the same damn argument I had when I was convincing all of you that the Chiefs would regret firing Haley and replacing him with Romeo.

i dont agree with your dislike of arians as head coach i can agree with this post

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 02:13 PM
1) Bruce Arians isn't a "good position coach" he is a borderline elite OC and is an ELITE developer of QBs. He has also shown that he can take the reigns of a bad team and immediately turn things around.
I don't know what you're arguing about. I've acknowledge that he's a good schemer and that he can coach players at a positional level.

2) His players dont "walk all over him" you dumbshit. That's just another BlackBob level stupid false point.
Big Ben loved Arians. He was becoming a diva and there were reports that the locker room hated him. It's been clear from day 1 that Haley was hired that Big Ben was coddled. Big Ben turned into one hell of a QB, but it has to raise red flags about how much Arians let him get away with. You don't want 53 players who end up getting coddled because your coach is a nice guy.

3) I insist on our next HC to be a QB guru because we haven't drafted one in 30 years and I want our kid to have the absolute best chance to succeed as possible...EVERYTHING regarding our teams chances at ever winning a superbowl hinge on EXACTLY that. FFS people shouldn't have to spell that out for you.
And you still haven't addressed why we don't get that by hiring a defensive coach who gives the offensive coordinator free reign.

4) Stop guessing as to what kind of coordinator he would hire. You have NO CLUE what kind of OC he would want at his age. He has decades of experience running superbowl quality offenses and there are a ****ton of coaches he has worked with along the way and one would think he would be able to identify a crop of younger guys that he could hire and groom.
There is a history of strong offensive coordinators wanting a lot of control over play calling. It's a very educated guess.

My guess would be that he would hire Randy Fichtner as his OC and would try like hell to pry Keith Butler out of Pittsburgh to be his DC (but I doubt he could, he LOVES it in Pittsburgh and has turned down other opportunities to move on for promotions) and would likely reach out to Chuck Pagano for who he thinks would be a good choice form the guys in Baltimore.
Those are fine hires. But they are a bunch of "ifs." If he is willing to give up play calling control. If he has ability to get a quality DC. Right now, the quality of offensive coordinators on the market is going to be very, very good. The quality of defensive coordinators will not be.

Chief Roundup
11-10-2012, 02:25 PM
If Clark wants to be like the Steelers would he actually want to sign one of thier cast-offs that they don't consider good enough? And not only hire that cast-off but then give them a promotion?
Not against it just an honest question?
I am not sure Clark would do that.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2012, 02:28 PM
If Clark wants to be like the Steelers would he actually want to sign one of thier cast-offs that they don't consider good enough? And not only hire that cast-off but then give them a promotion?
Not against it just an honest question?
I am not sure Clark would do that.

If Clark wanted to be like the Steelers, you can pluck anybody from the Whisenhunt tree and that would be more than fine by me. Ray Horton is a name that intrigues me, though admittedly, don't know much about his leadership style.

Chief Roundup
11-10-2012, 02:33 PM
If Clark wanted to be like the Steelers, you can pluck anybody from the Whisenhunt tree and that would be more than fine by me. Ray Horton is a name that intrigues me, though admittedly, don't know much about his leadership style.

Well I know that Clark has referenced the Steelers repeatedly as a team he would like us to resemble.

mcaj22
11-10-2012, 10:41 PM
My top choice continues to be Gus Bradley. Tough coordinator that players respond very well to and play hard for. Very disciplined defense in Seattle. He is a guy who came from a Kiffin cover 2, and flexed his scheme into Carroll's under scheme. I don't know enough about Ray Horton as a leader, but he's someone I'd also consider.

Then you surround him with a top-notch coordinator. Like I said, you hire Morton, Shurmur, or Morninweig (even though I'm not super crazy about him), then Barkley has a top-notch west coast offense coordinator. You hire Norv Turner and he's perfect for a guy like Geno who loves to go vertical.

Doing it this way gets you a talented schemer and QB coach who can devote all his time to that, as opposed to a guy like Arians who will undoubtedly want to call plays and have a limited amount of time to devote to the QB.

who in the blue hell is Gus Bradley. Seriously. You do realize the only reason that defense in Seattle is good is by dumb luck. Pete Carroll even said he had no idea they would even be that competitive. It was all his risk taking in the draft that he landed on some late round talent that turned out to be better than the veterans on the team so they were able to keep replacing. It has nothing to do with the actual coordinator that they landed some actual playmakers.

That guy is a fucking stain of a coach. And of course you pick out two defensive minded coordinators to be a HC. Yeah then it's two guys that know dog dick about developing a QB. Please name me 1 defensive minded coach in the NFL that has any idea about young QB development right now. Ron Rivera doing real well in Carolina. Rex Ryan bang up job in New York. Lezlie Frazier and Christian Ponder is lol.

Ill take a Joe Philbin developing a Ryan Tannehill any day of the week. And if that's the scenario we find ourselves with a raw QB in the first round then by all means, give me Bruce Arians

Sorter
11-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Big Ben loved Arians. He was becoming a diva and there were reports that the locker room hated him. It's been clear from day 1 that Haley was hired that Big Ben was coddled. Big Ben turned into one hell of a QB, but it has to raise red flags about how much Arians let him get away with. You don't want 53 players who end up getting coddled because your coach is a nice guy.

What reports stated the locker room hated him? Genuinely curious.
And you still haven't addressed why we don't get that by hiring a defensive coach who gives the offensive coordinator free reign.

I think most would love that but it is unlikely Arians would leave Indy to be an OC here, hence the discussion.
There is a history of strong offensive coordinators wanting a lot of control over play calling. It's a very educated guess.

Those are fine hires. But they are a bunch of "ifs." If he is willing to give up play calling control. If he has ability to get a quality DC. Right now, the quality of offensive coordinators on the market is going to be very, very good. The quality of defensive coordinators will not be.

As to the last point, not all HCs need to give up PCC. I think he's shown the ability to manage and lead whilst still calling plays. To be fair, it isn't exactly a perfect opportunity of evaluation becuase of the circumstances the players/coaches in Indy are dealing with, as you stated previously. It could very well be an "extended interim-coach high" that they are experiencing. Not many orgs have gone through this before and none on such a highly publicized level IIRC.

So, with Arians, you will have some risk. One would have to determine whether or not this was a fluke occurrence or if Arians is HC material. Personally, I think he would be a good hire due to his background with young QBs, his philosophies in attacking the deep portions of the field, and from what we've seen in INdy, leading a locker room.

Sorter
11-10-2012, 11:21 PM

Very aggressive, fiery and yet extremely personable with his players. Is able to relate to them due to his coaching success and achievements as a player.

Would not be upset at all with Horton being hired here.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2012, 12:35 AM
who in the blue hell is Gus Bradley. Seriously. You do realize the only reason that defense in Seattle is good is by dumb luck. Pete Carroll even said he had no idea they would even be that competitive. It was all his risk taking in the draft that he landed on some late round talent that turned out to be better than the veterans on the team so they were able to keep replacing. It has nothing to do with the actual coordinator that they landed some actual playmakers.
You don't start a statement by saying "who the hell is this guy" and then go on slamming the guy. You lost all credibility. Bradley's a great coach and Monte Kiffin went out of his way to recommend him to Pete Carroll. I believe he's going to make a terrific head coach.

That guy is a ****ing stain of a coach. And of course you pick out two defensive minded coordinators to be a HC. Yeah then it's two guys that know dog dick about developing a QB. Please name me 1 defensive minded coach in the NFL that has any idea about young QB development right now. Ron Rivera doing real well in Carolina. Rex Ryan bang up job in New York. Lezlie Frazier and Christian Ponder is lol.
Don't be an idiot. The idea that defensive coaches are bad for offenses is ridiculous. Last time I checked, Bill Bellichick, Mike Smith, Mike Tomlin, Lovie Smith, and technically John Harbaugh are all defensive coaches. But convenient that you'd bring up a few bad defensive coaches and claim that's the norm. By your argument, I would say that all offensive coaches are failures because Jason Garrett and Chan Gailey are disasters.Everybody knew Rivera was going to be a disaster. I was one of the few that said Ryan would be a disaster too.

Ill take a Joe Philbin developing a Ryan Tannehill any day of the week. And if that's the scenario we find ourselves with a raw QB in the first round then by all means, give me Bruce Arians
And again... why the **** do we not bring up that we could easily have a Norv Turner or a Pat Shurmur type coordinator coaching up our QBs next year?

And by the way... Philbin's name comes up a lot. Just so you know, Philbin's Dolphins are doing pretty good. They haven't proven to be anything more.

Easy 6
11-11-2012, 01:02 AM
I am 199% behind a coach who knows what a good QB is, like Arians does.

But what can he do without a top QB? genius coaches blessed with greatness often, amazingly enough, seem to be coaching great individual players... its a symbiotic relationship... is Phil Jacksons name worth a single damn without MJ , without Kobe?

HIRE Arians, but get him the best player then afford him no slack... he wont find any Mannings or Ruthlessburgers in Kansas City.

He has to be ready for a slog.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2012, 08:23 AM
I am 199% behind a coach who knows what a good QB is, like Arians does.

But what can he do without a top QB? genius coaches blessed with greatness often, amazingly enough, seem to be coaching great individual players... its a symbiotic relationship... is Phil Jacksons name worth a single damn without MJ , without Kobe?

HIRE Arians, but get him the best player then afford him no slack... he wont find any Mannings or Ruthlessburgers in Kansas City.

He has to be ready for a slog.

This is a great point. You can't rule out that Arians also had a bit of "luck" (no pun intended). He's terrific at coaching up QBs, but let's also not forget that Big Ben and Luck were proven talents before they ever stepped into Arians' office. There are lots of coordinators who could look really good coaching for those guys.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-11-2012, 08:25 AM
It's funny that this thread was obviously started as a troll attempt, but that people actually want Arians for legit reasons. Such fail by the OP.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2012, 08:58 AM
It's funny that this thread was obviously started as a troll attempt, but that people actually want Arians for legit reasons. Such fail by the OP.

What's funny is that if you talk to ANY Steelers fan, they would laugh at us for ball washing Arians in this thread. They were all calling for his head way before he was fired. It's strongly rumored that the Rooneys and Tomlin too.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1030250-pittsburgh-steelers-why-bruce-arians-should-not-return-in-2012
I'm not usually a fan of the Bleacher Report. But is as good as it gets because it captures all the chatter.

ncCHIEFfan
11-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Chief fans never cease to amaze me with our lack of " doing our homework " before spewing ignorance out!

Give Arians and the Colts Cassel instead of Luck, they would be win less right now!

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2012, 09:20 AM
As to the last point, not all HCs need to give up PCC. I think he's shown the ability to manage and lead whilst still calling plays. To be fair, it isn't exactly a perfect opportunity of evaluation becuase of the circumstances the players/coaches in Indy are dealing with, as you stated previously. It could very well be an "extended interim-coach high" that they are experiencing. Not many orgs have gone through this before and none on such a highly publicized level IIRC.

So, with Arians, you will have some risk. One would have to determine whether or not this was a fluke occurrence or if Arians is HC material. Personally, I think he would be a good hire due to his background with young QBs, his philosophies in attacking the deep portions of the field, and from what we've seen in INdy, leading a locker room.

Thanks, appreciate having a good discussion without the emotion others are putting into it. Here's why Arians' HCing in Indy is a fluke. Arians is the perfect guy for the Colts' current situation. They needed an inspirational leader. Arians is a player's coach. But I don't want a player's coach. I want a coach who players like, but also fear.

You look at Arians' history in Pittsburgh, and EVERYONE believed he was way too close with Big Ben. It was no secret that the two were super close. Golf buddies, etc... even off the field. Ben saved his job a few years ago and threw a shit fit when he was fired. What does it say about the coach who was best friends with Big Ben during the time he became a spoiled brat? His social life was getting out of control. He had a reputation for not working hard enough and during the rape charges, none of his teammates defended him to Goodell. When Big Ben begged Arians to call more pass plays, Arians complied. To the point of setting up an unhealthy number of 5-receiver sets.

Big Ben was coddled. He was spoiled. And Arians enabled that. The damning quote came from Hines Ward when Arians was fired:
Well, sometimes I think when you get so close, partiality sets it, and you don’t know if Bruce Arians is doing what’s best for the Steelers or if he’s doing what’s best for Ben Roethlisberger. And I think that set in. And they had to part ways, because when you go out there and you can’t decide what’s best for the team, and you’re doing what’s best for the player, sometimes it can be a problem.

Aren't we through with this organization coddling our QB?

Rausch
11-11-2012, 09:23 AM
His success is irrelevant.

He's a "retread."

Pass/ChiefsPlanet

ncCHIEFfan
11-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Good post zilla

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2012, 09:29 AM
His success is irrelevant.

He's a "retread."

Pass/ChiefsPlanet

He is a retread of Romeo and Norv, two players coaches who would rather be friends with a player than give tough love.

And by "success"... you're probably talking about how everyone from the Rooneys down to the fans wanted Arians fired long ago in Pittsburgh, but he was kept on board because the QB went to bat for him.

milkman
11-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Thanks, appreciate having a good discussion without the emotion others are putting into it. Here's why Arians' HCing in Indy is a fluke. Arians is the perfect guy for the Colts' current situation. They needed an inspirational leader. Arians is a player's coach. But I don't want a player's coach. I want a coach who players like, but also fear.

You look at Arians' history in Pittsburgh, and EVERYONE believed he was way too close with Big Ben. It was no secret that the two were super close. Golf buddies, etc... even off the field. Ben saved his job a few years ago and threw a shit fit when he was fired. What does it say about the coach who was best friends with Big Ben during the time he became a spoiled brat? His social life was getting out of control. He had a reputation for not working hard enough and during the rape charges, none of his teammates defended him to Goodell. When Big Ben begged Arians to call more pass plays, Arians complied. To the point of setting up an unhealthy number of 5-receiver sets.

Big Ben was coddled. He was spoiled. And Arians enabled that. The damning quote came from Hines Ward when Arians was fired:

Aren't we through with this organization coddling our QB?

You are such a verbose moron, I find myself questioning my opinions whenever we find ourselves on the same side of an argument.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2012, 09:34 AM
You are such a verbose moron, I find myself questioning my opinions whenever we find ourselves on the same side of an argument.

It's verbose because there is a mountain of evidence. I didn't even get into why his success in Pittsburgh is overrated. Arians coddled the shit out of Big Ben. I don't WANT a head coach that wants to be best friends with our players and refuses to set them straight.

ncCHIEFfan
11-11-2012, 09:37 AM
One thing is for certain. If the Rooney's have fired you. You don't belong in the NFL. They give their players and coaches more then enough chances to be successful!

jspchief
11-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Arians is a total flavor of the month pick. The funniest part is people want him due to how he works with QBs, but as a HC he'll have little time for that. Plus, his history with QBs happens to come with 2 of the best QB prospects to enter the league in the last 20 years.

I'm not even sure I'd be sold on him as an OC, let alone HC.

Rausch
11-11-2012, 09:39 AM
He is a retread of Romeo and Norv, two players coaches who would rather be friends with a player than give tough love.

And by "success"... you're probably talking about how everyone from the Rooneys down to the fans wanted Arians fired long ago in Pittsburgh, but he was kept on board because the QB went to bat for him.

And there you go...

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2012, 09:45 AM
And there you go...

The point is that he is not a retread because he's been in highly visible roles for 20 years. And the Steelers wanted him fired twice. And nobody has even thought to offer him a head coach job. You'd have to get tread to be considered a retread. But by all means, a few good games when he's 60... NFL execs clearly realized they made a mistake for 30 years.

mcaj22
11-11-2012, 09:59 AM
You don't start a statement by saying "who the hell is this guy" and then go on slamming the guy. You lost all credibility. Bradley's a great coach and Monte Kiffin went out of his way to recommend him to Pete Carroll. I believe he's going to make a terrific head coach.

Don't be an idiot. The idea that defensive coaches are bad for offenses is ridiculous. Last time I checked, Bill Bellichick, Mike Smith, Mike Tomlin, Lovie Smith, and technically John Harbaugh are all defensive coaches. But convenient that you'd bring up a few bad defensive coaches and claim that's the norm. By your argument, I would say that all offensive coaches are failures because Jason Garrett and Chan Gailey are disasters.Everybody knew Rivera was going to be a disaster. I was one of the few that said Ryan would be a disaster too.

And again... why the **** do we not bring up that we could easily have a Norv Turner or a Pat Shurmur type coordinator coaching up our QBs next year?

And by the way... Philbin's name comes up a lot. Just so you know, Philbin's Dolphins are doing pretty good. They haven't proven to be anything more.

the who in the blue hell is guy was a joke. Because I know who he is. And i am telling you it's fools gold. The guy looks better than he does right now because of the players. Players the Chiefs dont have. Players the Chiefs passed on.

he has two playmaking CBs. Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner. Two guys Pioli both passed on. He has Kam Chancellor one of the best SS in the game who BRANDON FLOWERS PLAYED WITH IN COLLEGE AND LOBBIED FOR THE CHIEFS TO DRAFT (or wanted) and we still didnt. Flowers called that dude being a stud in the NFL. Scott Pioli, not his type of guy I guess. He has a monster front 7. Bobby Wagner is a freak of nature MLBer in his first season and they have three huge guys to clog the lanes in Red Bryant, Alan Branch and Brandon Mebane. These guys are all 5 tech/DT hybrids that guys like Tyson Jackson SHOULD have been for us. That's how you draft, that's you recognize talent.

I'm saying that Bradley doesnt have to do much but call a play blindfolded and these guys do all the work. He's not actually coaching up the talent and making them play better than they actually are. They drafted talent. Carroll has been drafting BPA and taking risks since hes got there and it has paid off for everyone.

They are doing the opposite of Pioli. That doesnt make them good coaches, that makes them way smarter than Pioli though. They have an eye for talent, think Herm Edwards.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2012, 10:13 AM
the who in the blue hell is guy was a joke. Because I know who he is. And i am telling you it's fools gold. The guy looks better than he does right now because of the players. Players the Chiefs dont have. Players the Chiefs passed on.

he has two playmaking CBs. Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner. Two guys Pioli both passed on. He has Kam Chancellor one of the best SS in the game who BRANDON FLOWERS PLAYED WITH IN COLLEGE AND LOBBIED FOR THE CHIEFS TO DRAFT (or wanted) and we still didnt. Flowers called that dude being a stud in the NFL. Scott Pioli, not his type of guy I guess. He has a monster front 7. Bobby Wagner is a freak of nature MLBer in his first season and they have three huge guys to clog the lanes in Red Bryant, Alan Branch and Brandon Mebane. These guys are all 5 tech/DT hybrids that guys like Tyson Jackson SHOULD have been for us. That's how you draft, that's you recognize talent.

I'm saying that Bradley doesnt have to do much but call a play blindfolded and these guys do all the work. He's not actually coaching up the talent and making them play better than they actually are. They drafted talent. Carroll has been drafting BPA and taking risks since hes got there and it has paid off for everyone.

They are doing the opposite of Pioli. That doesnt make them good coaches, that makes them way smarter than Pioli though. They have an eye for talent, think Herm Edwards.

The idea that he isn't coaching them up is ridiculous. The Seattle defense plays tough, aggressive, they hustle like crazy and play to the whistle. That's coaching and motivation. They are also very well coached on technique and they play unbelievably well as a unit. Bradley's a very well respected coach.

It's interesting that you'd downplay Bradley, but pump up Arians who has had 2 once-in-a-generation QBs. Unlike Arians, in Bradley's team, I see unbelievable discipline with all 11 guys and I see players coached very well on a team concept. I see the same out of Horton in AZ, but honestly, don't know as much about him.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2012, 10:15 AM

And by the way... look at DJ, Hali, and Berry with Haley and with Romeo. And then you tell me if motivation doesn't matter, big time. Good talent is wasted with bad or average coaching. There are too many examples to name of defenses with tremendous talent who underperform.

mcaj22
11-11-2012, 10:16 AM
The idea that he isn't coaching them up is ridiculous. The Seattle defense plays tough, aggressive, they hustle like crazy and play to the whistle. That's coaching and motivation. They are also very well coached on technique and they play unbelievably well as a unit. Bradley's a very well respected coach.

It's interesting that you'd downplay Bradley, but pump up Arians who has had 2 once-in-a-generation QBs. Unlike Arians, in Bradley's team, I see unbelievable discipline with all 11 guys and I see players coached very well on a team concept. I see the same out of Horton in AZ, but honestly, don't know as much about him.

He has all the toys in his toy box and it's still a .500 ballclub. If that coaching was any good or actually able to coach them up there would be consistency. Instead you get the playmakers beating the Patriots one week and then they can lose to the Browns the next week, because the coaching is weak. Pete Carroll has never been a good NFL coach. But he does have an eye for talent.

Bruce Arians at least gives a sample of consistency when coaching up a team with a young QB. I'd rather that than the 8-8 or 9-7 at best mediocrity that comes with a defensive minded coach from the Seattle Seahawks of all teams. Because that doesnt scream consistent winner or winning franchise at all, some name from the Seahawks, who struggle to win themselves.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2012, 10:46 AM
He has all the toys in his toy box and it's still a .500 ballclub. If that coaching was any good or actually able to coach them up there would be consistency. Instead you get the playmakers beating the Patriots one week and then they can lose to the Browns the next week, because the coaching is weak. Pete Carroll has never been a good NFL coach. But he does have an eye for talent.

Bruce Arians at least gives a sample of consistency when coaching up a team with a young QB. I'd rather that than the 8-8 or 9-7 at best mediocrity that comes with a defensive minded coach from the Seattle Seahawks of all teams. Because that doesnt scream consistent winner or winning franchise at all, some name from the Seahawks, who struggle to win themselves.

Fair point. But to be fair... if you put Luck or Roethlisberger on Seattle, do you think that would be a .500 team? You can't credit one guy for winning with an elite QB, then discredit a guy who wins half the games without one. But what I see in Bradley's defense is 11 guys who are well coached, play technically sound football, play as a unit, and hustle like crazy. I'm sorry, but I don't see that in Arians' offense. I don't see the hustle in wide receivers to block, I see average technical play from the offensive line... his strength is purely in designing an offense around the QB.

And that matters BIG time when you're primary job is to lead men, not an offense. I want all 53 players to play their hearts off, not 2. I'm not stubborn about Bradley being the guy. I just think our obsession with getting a QB guru has gone too far that we're boosting Arians' resume and then acting like the reasons that got him fired in Pittsburgh don't matter.

mcaj22
11-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Fair point. But to be fair... if you put Luck or Roethlisberger on Seattle, do you think that would be a .500 team? You can't credit one guy for winning with an elite QB, then discredit a guy who wins half the games without one. But what I see in Bradley's defense is 11 guys who are well coached, play technically sound football, play as a unit, and hustle like crazy. I'm sorry, but I don't see that in Arians' offense. I don't see the hustle in wide receivers to block, I see average technical play from the offensive line... his strength is purely in designing an offense around the QB.

And that matters BIG time when you're primary job is to lead men, not an offense. I want all 53 players to play their hearts off, not 2. I'm not stubborn about Bradley being the guy. I just think our obsession with getting a QB guru has gone too far that we're boosting Arians' resume and then acting like the reasons that got him fired in Pittsburgh don't matter.

after the last four years I want 1 player, the QB that plays his heart out and the rest of the positions will clearly fall in line. (see: current Colts, current Dolphins, etc)

and if it's getting a HC and coaching staff that can do that, by all means, I want the guy with the best track record of QBs

mcaj22
11-11-2012, 11:01 AM
we are essentially last years Miami Dolphins

1) we are currently awful
2) we are attached to the Pats/Browns tree
3) like they did, we need to purge ourselves of turds like Brian Daboll
4) we need to bring in a guy like Philbin and a staff that clearly can coach up players/talent
5) draft whatever QB no matter how raw and play him
6) the rest of the chips will fall into play.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2012, 11:10 AM
after the last four years I want 1 player, the QB that plays his heart out and the rest of the positions will clearly fall in line. (see: current Colts, current Dolphins, etc)

and if it's getting a HC and coaching staff that can do that, by all means, I want the guy with the best track record of QBs

Why can't you have both? For the record, I am NOT for hiring Horton or Bradley unless you get a top-notch offensive coordinator and offensive coaching staff. Frankly, we've seen lots of guys like Arians before... I would be shocked if he didn't want play calling responsibility, and if he does (in addition to being a coach in general) he's not going to have a ton of time with QBs.

Arians coached for 2 defensive head coaches. So why do we insist that it HAS to be the head coach that's the QB guru?

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2012, 11:17 AM
we are essentially last years Miami Dolphins

1) we are currently awful
2) we are attached to the Pats/Browns tree
3) like they did, we need to purge ourselves of turds like Brian Daboll
4) we need to bring in a guy like Philbin and a staff that clearly can coach up players/talent
5) draft whatever QB no matter how raw and play him
6) the rest of the chips will fall into play.

You're missing the biggest piece: 7) we are playing with no heart

And we confuse #4 as "we need a guy who can coach up QBs. Doesn't matter about anybody else."

I want a Jim Harbaugh team with a franchise QB. You build your team around that and fight like hell to find a franchise QB. You don't put all your eggs in the QB basket and shrug off deficiencies with the other 52 guys.

mcaj22
11-11-2012, 11:50 AM
You're missing the biggest piece: 7) we are playing with no heart

And we confuse #4 as "we need a guy who can coach up QBs. Doesn't matter about anybody else."

I want a Jim Harbaugh team with a franchise QB. You build your team around that and fight like hell to find a franchise QB. You don't put all your eggs in the QB basket and shrug off deficiencies with the other 52 guys.

but Jim Harbaugh does not have a franchise QB. He inherited an all pro team of talent and was able to add onto it with his college connection and he is able to coach up a game manager who was labeled a bust before he came along.

I dont want a coach who can coach up a game manager. I want a coach who can take a young QB and show that the guy has some talent. (i.e. Tannehill)

Tannehill is the litmus test here because I'd gauge any of the QBs coming out that we pick closer to his skill set/development rather than them being Andrew Luck or RG3 types. Because guys like Luck and RG3 come around once every 10 years and its certainly not next year lol

BossChief
11-11-2012, 11:57 AM
ahahahahahaha

I dont even want to tear into these dumb fucking posts anymore...Im just gonna sit back and laugh.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2012, 11:58 AM
but Jim Harbaugh does not have a franchise QB. He inherited an all pro team of talent and was able to add onto it with his college connection and he is able to coach up a game manager who was labeled a bust before he came along.

I dont want a coach who can coach up a game manager. I want a coach who can take a young QB and show that the guy has some talent. (i.e. Tannehill)

Tannehill is the litmus test here because I'd gauge any of the QBs coming out that we pick closer to his skill set/development rather than them being Andrew Luck or RG3 types. Because guys like Luck and RG3 come around once every 10 years and its certainly not next year lol

I didn't say I want a game manager.

I'm saying you use your #1 pick on a franchise QB and build Harbaugh's system. When you think about how amazing San Fran could be with a good QB, it's stunning. And which is why I said you fight like hell to find a franchise QB. Something SF hasn't done.

And the reason the 49ers are successful is discipline. They are the most fundamentally sound team in the league.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2012, 12:00 PM
ahahahahahaha

I dont even want to tear into these dumb ****ing posts anymore...Im just gonna sit back and laugh.

Go to a Steelers board and tell them how badly you want Arians to be your coach. And don't come crying back here when they tear you a new asshole.

I told a bunch of my steelers buddies that Chiefs fans want Arians. They were laughing hysterically.