PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Would Hillary Clinton be the most prepared Presidential candidate ever?

BigRedChief
11-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Not my candidate. Not humping that leg...yet. :rolleyes: But, as far as being prepared to to be President. Not going to get much better than this resume.

NY times article and my prose:

If Hillary Clinton ran for president again, she would probably be the best-prepared candidate in American history:

Graduate of Yale law school. Worked as an intern in the Senate.
Member of the impeachment inquiry staff advising the Senate during the Watergate scandal.
One of the first female faculty professors at the Univ. of Arkansas Law school. Ans female pardner at the Rose Law firm.
She lived in the White House for 8 years. Was a confident of the President. So much so that she and Willie got a lot of flack for a unelected person having so much influence. Went through the battles on the hill from a Presidents perspective with health care.
Served in the United States Senate for 8 years.
Secretary of State for 4 years. She would know virtually every head of state in the world and also has a strong opinion about the merits of the Peruvian minister of development and social inclusion.

DaFace
11-11-2012, 09:02 PM
I was talking to a fried the other day and her name came up. I'd have to at least consider her if she decided to run.

Direckshun
11-11-2012, 09:10 PM
She would be about as strong a candidate as you could get. There is almost no area of public policy where she would not have extensive experience working.

In addition to that, her gender would likely have the same electoral stimulative effect that Obama's race had.

I've said this in previous threads, but if Obama's second term goes as well as I anticipate it will, Hillary can literally run a campaign where she just parrots the accomplishments of Bill Clinton and Obama, much like Obama did with Bill Clinton.

So you have a prepared candidate, with historic capabilities as far as her gender is concerned, with two potentially very popular ex-Presidents storming the country on her behalf giving her a 3-on-1 against whomever the GOP candidate is...

Well. I'd hope the Republican Party could tolerate Christie enough to put him on the ticket, because I think he'd be the strongest possible chance the GOP would have.

stevieray
11-11-2012, 09:14 PM
wow

go bowe
11-11-2012, 09:17 PM
hillary for president!! :BLVD: :BLVD: :BLVD:

Direckshun
11-11-2012, 09:20 PM
That said, I don't know if she'd be most prepared.

I thought John Kerry was surpemely qualified. To a lesser extent, John McCain was as well.

She'd be waaaaaay up there, though.

The major question: can the DNP get Joe Biden out of the way...

J Diddy
11-11-2012, 09:21 PM
wow

See Stevie even likes it.

J Diddy
11-11-2012, 09:22 PM

I thought John Kerry was surpemely qualified. To a lesser extent, John McCain was as well.

I think everybody knows that Biden wouldn't win.

BigRedChief
11-11-2012, 09:22 PM

The major question: can the DNP get Joe Biden out of the way...Obama will. Biden would gaffe himself out of the primaries by Iowa.

listopencil
11-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Depends on whether she gets thrown under the bus for Benghazi. Clinton-Powell '16?

BigCatDaddy
11-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Since when does being prepared matter?

BigRedChief
11-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Since when does being prepared matter?That wasn't the question. Stay on point.

IMHO, the community organizer is doing okay. Was he prepared?

CoMoChief
11-11-2012, 09:38 PM
My god......are you guys fucking serious?

listopencil
11-11-2012, 09:40 PM
As long as that empty suit is pressed and clean it doesn't matter who is actually wearing it. I've said before that you could cut the heads off of two chickens, prop them up against a fence with a D sticker on one and a R sticker on the other, and they would at least split the popular vote 49%/49%.

DaFace
11-11-2012, 09:42 PM
As long as that empty suit is pressed and clean it doesn't matter who is actually wearing it. I've said before that you could cut the heads off of two chickens, prop them up against a fence with a D sticker on one and a R sticker on the other, and they would at least split the popular vote 49%/49%.

That's probably pretty close.

Direckshun
11-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Depends on whether she gets thrown under the bus for Benghazi. Clinton-Powell '16?

Good lord. That ticket would have untold heft. I'd really like it.

Hoover
11-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Her resume is outstanding. I'm a Republican that would never vote for her, but I like her.

That said, I don't think she will ever be elected or win the Dem nomination. She going to be too old IMO. She would be the oldest person ever elected to the office.

BigCatDaddy
11-11-2012, 09:50 PM
That wasn't the question. Stay on point.

No, and in my opinion he sucks.

DaFace
11-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Her resume is outstanding. I'm a Republican that would never vote for her, but I like her.

That said, I don't think she will ever be elected or win the Dem nomination. She going to be too old IMO. She would be the oldest person ever elected to the office.

Valid point.

SNR
11-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Ever?

We need to take historical circumstances into this line as well. Thomas Jefferson was involved in nearly EVERY facet in the formation of this country. He served as an ambassador to France before and after the war, Secretary of State under Washington, and vice-president under Adams. Let's also not forget his contributions during the Continental Congress, because he LITERALLY wrote the book on the founding of this country.

He knew everything up and down that a human at that time could possibly know regarding running the country.

In my opinion, there never was and never will be a more prepared president based on resume and experience than Thomas Jefferson.

BigCatDaddy
11-11-2012, 09:51 PM

That's right. If nominated I have no doubt BlackBob would carry 1/2 the states on whatever ticket he was placed on.

Direckshun
11-11-2012, 09:52 PM
What young buck is powerful enough to beat her within the DNP? Democrats don't exactly have a deep bench, and there are only so many Obamas.

If Hillary runs, the DNP ticket is hers. Nobody is going to beat her in the primaries.

The general's obviously much, much tougher to call because there's no way to know what direction the GOP is going to go from here.

Brock
11-11-2012, 09:52 PM

ROFL "Doing okay". Jesus Christ.

go bowe
11-11-2012, 09:53 PM

older than reagan?

besides, older chicks have their charms too...

Direckshun
11-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Ever?

We need to take historical circumstances into this line as well. Thomas Jefferson was involved in nearly EVERY facet in the formation of this country. He served as an ambassador to France before and after the war, Secretary of State under Washington, and vice-president under Adams. Let's also not forget his contributions during the Continental Congress, because he LITERALLY wrote the book on the founding of this country.

He knew everything up and down that a human at that time could possibly know regarding running the country.

In my opinion, there never was and never will be a more prepared president based on resume and experience than Thomas Jefferson.

Somebody give this man some rep.

What would you say about modern history, SNR? Your lifetime.

Bump
11-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I'll put it this way

R candidate 2016 - Snooki
D Candidate 2016 - Hillary Clinton

99% of current republican peoples would vote for Snooki, there might be a few people who can think and would switch sides for that election.

Hoover
11-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Ever?

Outstanding response.

Direckshun
11-11-2012, 09:57 PM
I'll put it this way

99% of current republican peoples would vote for Snooki, there might be a few people who can think and would switch sides for that election.

I honestly think R's have softened on the ol' gal.

Hoover
11-11-2012, 09:58 PM
older than reagan?

LOL,

Clinton actually be like 8 months younger than Reagan if she won.

She's also doesn't look as good as she did in her 2008 campaign.

Easy 6
11-11-2012, 09:59 PM
If there is a republican who can beat her in 2016, i havent seen him yet.

J Diddy
11-11-2012, 09:59 PM
I'll put it this way

If anybody were to vote for Snooki I would secede.

SNR
11-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Somebody give this man some rep.

What would you say about modern history, SNR? Your lifetime.

My lifetime begins at Reagan, so I don't know.

George HW was pretty qualified, but maybe not as much as Hillary would/could be.

If I go back to 1950, I think Richard Nixon has to be strongly considered. Congressman, senator, vice-president (for 8 years) and the leader of his party for fucking ever. Much like Hillary, I think he was almost "owed" the presidency if he wanted it. Guy put in so much service at the federal level, but he also absolutely had the chops for the job, too. That separates him from some dumbass Ted Stevens who just served a really long time.

alnorth
11-11-2012, 10:03 PM
older than reagan?

Looked it up, Reagan was older upon election than she would be by about 1 year

donkhater
11-11-2012, 10:07 PM

George HW was pretty qualified, but maybe not as much as Hillary would/could be.

If I go back to 1950, I think Richard Nixon has to be strongly considered.

George HW was about as qualified as you can get.

Ivy League
Naval aviator
Ambassador
Congressman
CIA director
Vice President

I don't see how she is MORE qualified. How many people have been senator and Sec of State? Wife of a president? Please.

La literatura
11-11-2012, 10:08 PM

If I go back to 1950, I think Richard Nixon has to be strongly considered.

George H.W. Bush was more qualified than Clinton would be, but not by much. She would be a good candidate. Hell, if there hadn't been Barack Obama, she would be president right now.

SNR
11-11-2012, 10:11 PM

Ivy League
Naval aviator
Ambassador
Congressman
CIA director
Vice President

I don't see how she is MORE qualified. How many people have been senator and Sec of State? Wife of a president? Please.
Forgot his military service. Yeah. If Hillary is elected, there are a few guys who have the testicles on her.

donkhater
11-11-2012, 10:11 PM
George H.W. Bush was more qualified than Clinton would be, but not by much. She would be a good candidate. Hell, if there hadn't been Barack Obama, she would be president right now.

Actually, I would say if there hadn't been a John Edwards she would be president right now.

If Edwards would have been revealed for what he was when it was found out (thanks again, MSM) he never would've taken primary votes away from Clinton and she might have won Iowa in 2007 instead of Obama.

BigRedChief
11-11-2012, 10:22 PM

Ivy League
Naval aviator
Ambassador
Congressman
CIA director
Vice President

I don't see how she is MORE qualified. How many people have been senator and Sec of State? Wife of a president? Please.yep, George H. has the better resume.

BigRedChief
11-11-2012, 10:26 PM
LOL,

Clinton actually be like 8 months younger than Reagan if she won.

She's also doesn't look as good as she did in her 2008 campaign.well maybe we ready to accept a old women as President. The Brits elected an old lady 30 years ago.

Yeah, her age shouldn't be a dis qualifier. If Reagan pulled it off, why not her?

BigRedChief
11-11-2012, 10:27 PM
If there is a republican who can beat her in 2016, i havent seen him yet.Cristi with his tell the truth campaign, maybe. Depends on how immigration reform goes and how well the Republicans stay away from the social issues.

stevieray
11-11-2012, 10:28 PM
See Stevie even likes it.

just a litlle odd..seems a little premature, plus she was thrown under the bus here when she ran in 2004.

Pitt Gorilla
11-11-2012, 10:28 PM
I really liked bush I.

BigRedChief
11-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Ever?

In my opinion, there never was and never will be a more prepared president based on resume and experience than Thomas Jefferson.Founding Fathers don't count. They are already assumed to be better than anything we produce today.:harumph:

BigRedChief
11-11-2012, 10:32 PM
I really liked bush I.I think that bar code scanner in the grocery store did him in, made him look way out of touch. I voted for him.

Pitt Gorilla
11-11-2012, 10:33 PM
I think that bar code scanner in the grocery store did him in, made him look way out of touch. I voted for him.i did as well and was shocked when Clinton won. Of course, I was also living in ks at the time and we didn't know ****.

J Diddy
11-11-2012, 10:34 PM
just a litlle odd..seems a little premature, plus she was thrown under the bus here when she ran in 2004.

Agreed. Everything is dependent on the next 4 primarily.

stevieray
11-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Founding Fathers don't count. They are already assumed to be better than anything we produce today.:harumph:
he was in college at 16 and wrote the DOI at 33..kind of tough to beat.

guitarmy21b
11-11-2012, 10:42 PM
I don't care what her supposed qualifications are...anyone who believes in big government, big spending, and more layers of bureaucracy is not the most prepared candidate in my eyes. For all of her experience she has the political views of a 20 year old college student. No thanks. I'll vote Gary Johnson again.

BigRedChief
11-11-2012, 10:43 PM
he was in college at 16 and wrote the DOI at 33..kind of tough to beat.Jefferson at 25 > than current Clinton. No debate. Jefferson was one of the greatest Americans evah. Thats like comparing Robert Deniro to Honey Boo-Boo.

BigRedChief
11-11-2012, 10:46 PM
I don't care what her supposed qualifications are...anyone who believes in big government, big spending, and more layers of bureaucracy is not the most prepared candidate in my eyes. For all of her experience she has the political views of a 20 year old college student. No thanks. I'll vote Gary Johnson again.dude chill. the OP was about qualifications, not whether she would be a good president. We can debate that in 3 years, maybe.

listopencil
11-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Jefferson at 25 > than current Clinton. No debate. Jefferson was one of the greatest Americans evah. Thats like comparing Robert Deniro to Honey Boo-Boo.

No doubt. Jefferson and Franklin are my favorite founding fathers.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-11-2012, 11:08 PM
he was in college at 16 and wrote the DOI at 33..kind of tough to beat.

Things were a lot different back then, if you wanted something you REALLY had to earn it.

BucEyedPea
11-11-2012, 11:18 PM
I don't care what her supposed qualifications are...anyone who believes in big government, big spending, and more layers of bureaucracy is not the most prepared candidate in my eyes. For all of her experience she has the political views of a 20 year old college student. No thanks. I'll vote Gary Johnson again.

Rep

Obama had hardly any experience but has the same bad ideas.

stevieray
11-11-2012, 11:26 PM
No doubt. Jefferson and Franklin are my favorite founding fathers.Sam Adams for me...but they were all remarkable, and it was truly incredible that group of men were toghether at that time... a lot of people don't know, but George Whitfield was huuuuge in the day...spoke to to thousands with a booming voice.

Shaid
11-12-2012, 01:23 AM

LMAO

blaise
11-12-2012, 07:54 AM
She'll never be President.

patteeu
11-12-2012, 07:59 AM
US diplomacy under Secretary of State Clinton has been terrible. I'm not sure where this idea that she's well prepared comes from other than the fact that the bar was lowered to the floor with the election of Barack Obama.

patteeu
11-12-2012, 08:04 AM
She'll never be President.

I don't think she'll even run, but I'm sure you're right either way.

The weak Secretary of State that democrats should be trying to recruit to run for POTUS in 2016 is Colin Powell. He'd be very hard to beat unless be turns out to be a Rick Perry or Fred Thompson quality candidate.

aturnis
11-12-2012, 10:26 AM

That would be amazing.

FishingRod
11-12-2012, 10:53 AM
A Rubio- Condoleezza Rice Ticket would be a bit of a nightmare scenario for the Democrats.

Direckshun
11-12-2012, 10:57 AM
A Rubio- Condoleezza Rice Ticket would be a bit of a nightmare scenario for the Democrats.

Depends how the GOP comes around on immigration. That one subject, should the GOP refuse to see the light the next four years on immigration reform, can really gum up the works on Rubio within the primaries, and maybe even at the general. Should the GOP see the light, however, I would agree that Rubio would be challenging.

Rice, not so much. It'd be too easy to bring up George W. Bush over and over again, a President she no doubt supported whole-heartedly. I don't think Rice wants that action, anyway. I think her political life is mostly over.

cosmo20002
11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
I don't think she'll even run, but I'm sure you're right either way.

The weak Secretary of State that democrats should be trying to recruit to run for POTUS in 2016 is Colin Powell. He'd be very hard to beat unless be turns out to be a Rick Perry or Fred Thompson quality candidate.

Powell got played by W. That alone should DQ him.

La literatura
11-12-2012, 12:50 PM

Switch the order, and now you're talking.

patteeu
11-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Powell got played by W. That alone should DQ him.

I think he should be DQed for the time he spent in the Bush administration too.

BigRedChief
11-12-2012, 01:12 PM
A Rubio- Condoleezza Rice Ticket would be a bit of a nightmare scenario for the Democrats.Why do you Republicans think Rubio can run for national office? He fucking lied about his family for years to benefit from the lie politically. He told any group that would listen to his lies. Only after years and years did he come clean.

He couldn't even get a basic security clearance with that background. Since when is that not a disqualification for the Presidency?

patteeu
11-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Why do you Republicans think Rubio can run for national office? He ****ing lied about his family for years to benefit from the lie politically. He told any group that would listen to his lies. Only after years and years did he come clean.

He couldn't even get a basic security clearance with that background. Since when is that not a disqualification for the Presidency?

Obama did the same thing. Rubio is pretty similar to Obama without the radical connections to socialists, terrorists, and black liberation theologists.

Calcountry
11-12-2012, 01:30 PM
At this point, you could nominate a sack of dog shit, and it would win the election.

BigRedChief
11-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Obama did the same thing. Rubio is pretty similar to Obama without the radical connections to socialists, terrorists, and black liberation theologists.I have no idea what you are talking about but whatever dude. It's apples to oranges.

The American public will decide if lying for years about your family for political reasons is a deal breaker for President.

vailpass
11-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Hillary as Potus? I'll admit, after obama it would be nice to have a President with a pair of balls again.

patteeu
11-12-2012, 01:52 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about but whatever dude. It's apples to oranges.

The American public will decide if lying for years about your family for political reasons is a deal breaker for President.

In addition to the fictitious vignettes in his memoir, he lied about how the protests in Selma (which happened 4 years after he was born) inspired his father to come to America and have a child with his mother or something along those lines. Here's a generous snopes article (http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/saywhat.asp) calling it a "mixture" of fact and fiction.

blaise
11-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Why do you Republicans think Rubio can run for national office? He ****ing lied about his family for years to benefit from the lie politically. He told any group that would listen to his lies. Only after years and years did he come clean.

It can get you elected to Senate in Massachusetts.

BigRedChief
11-12-2012, 02:22 PM
It can get you elected to Senate in Massachusetts.The Presidency is a higher bar to jump over than the Senate.

ROYC75
11-12-2012, 02:55 PM

To run the country..... no.

To campaign for 6 years, yep every bit of it.

ROYC75
11-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Hillary as Potus? I'll admit, after obama it would be nice to have a President with a pair of balls again.

She didn't even have to get them from Bill.

FishingRod
11-12-2012, 03:06 PM

I am technically a Republican because I re-registered as one because, I wanted to vote against one in the State primary.

The qualifications to be POTUS have been very clearly defined and defended by the left on this very website when the ‘qualifications” of Obama were questioned. They are very few and clearly defined by Law. You are not really suggesting honesty all of the sudden counts, are you?

BigRedChief
11-12-2012, 06:16 PM
I am technically a Republican because I re-registered as one because, I wanted to vote against one in the State primary.

The qualifications to be POTUS have been very clearly defined and defended by the left on this very website when the ‘qualifications” of Obama were questioned. They are very few and clearly defined by Law. You are not really suggesting honesty all of the sudden counts, are you?I was not talking about my personal opinion but of Americas opinion. Every politician lies to us. We know that. But, lying about your background to get started in politics may be different.

If you are asking about my personal opinion, its not a deal breaker but it does speak to charector.

BucEyedPea
11-12-2012, 08:00 PM
I was not talking about my personal opinion but of Americas opinion. Every politician lies to us. We know that. But, lying about your background to get started in politics may be different.

If you are asking about my personal opinion, its not a deal breaker but it does speak to charector.

I wonder if one of the resident spelling Nazi's on the left is going to call you out for mispelling character with a few pile-ons laughing about it afterwards?

BucEyedPea
11-12-2012, 08:04 PM

It's also a ticket with the very types of Rs that have ruined the R party. Both are NeoCons and Rubio came right out and bragged how he supported more govt. He also wanted to invade more countries and supported Obama's bombing of Libya.

Unfortunately, these days the guys that are the good speakers are the worst candidates.

go bowe
11-13-2012, 01:40 PM

:thumb:

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO