PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFW: Flowers told teammates he would give all the money back if he could just leave

Von Dumbass
11-12-2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/11/12/fans-want-pioli-crennel-removed-for-kansas-citys-l

A day before the country voted on Election Day, the Chiefs gave their concession speech for the season following a 1-7 start.

It came off as a conciliatory measure when, three days after an embarrassing 31-13 prime-time loss to the Chargers — their third consecutive double-digit setback — Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel removed himself as defensive coordinator, promoting Gary Gibbs to that post, and the team cut starting CB Stanford Routt.

A day later, Crennel announced that QB Matt Cassel (who previously had been benched for Brady Quinn) would start again in Week 10 because Quinn was suffering the aftereffects following a Week Eight concussion against the Raiders.

Assuming that the embattled duo of Crennel and GM Scott Pioli are not employing Socratic irony in running their NFL franchise, we only can assume that the first two moves are their contrition for a lost season. The third, their hopeless QB situation, is a symbol of their severe limitations.

“Their QB situation is bad and they really have not upgraded it at all,” a former Chiefs evaluator said. “Not to mention, the playmakers on the roster — Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Derrick Johnson, Brandon Flowers, Tamba Hali — they were already there. (Pioli has) added nothing like that. The left tackle (Branden Albert) they complained about — guess what — he is still playing. He was already there.

“(Pioli) gives $60 million to a backup quarterback, then swap him out for Brady Quinn who now has a concussion. They have done nothing to that roster but (screw) it up.”

The Chiefs are bad — not necessarily historically so, but to a shocking degree:

In more than 485 minutes of football this season, including the lone sudden-death victory in New Orleans, the Chiefs have not had a second tick off the clock with a lead on the scoreboard. You have to go back to the pre-World War II days of professional football to find that kind of inefficiency.
The Chiefs committed 29 turnovers through eight games, the most in the NFL at the midpoint of a season in 15 years. They had 28 for the entire 2011 season.
The combined TD-INT ratio of Cassel and Quinn is 6-14. The only team that has so few TD passes is the Dolphins. No team has more interceptions.
Their point differential in 2012 is minus-107. At home, where they have an 0-4 record, it’s minus-46.

When the Chiefs next return to Kansas City in Week 11, an unpleasant sight might be awaiting them. Two banners flew over Arrowhead Stadium the last time they played there, a hard-fought 26-16 loss to the Raiders. One read “Return Hope, Fire Pioli” and the second read, “Blackout Arrowhead 11/18,” the date when the Chiefs face the Bengals. The “blackout” portion encourages fans to wear all black (instead of their traditional game-day red) as a sign of protest for the direction of the team.

The banners were sponsored by a fan-based group, SaveOurChiefs.com, that is frustrated with the miserable start to the season that began with reasonably high expectations but has endured — and for most intents and purposes, ended — with massive disappointment and the futures of Crennel and Pioli very much up in the air.

“It’s as bad as it’s been here,” said Kansas City Star columnist Sam Mellinger, who has been a frequent, caustic critic of the team this season. “The fans are tired. They are tired of not having a quarterback. (The Chiefs) were a chic Super Bowl pick for some people, and this happens. Fans are angry right now, and you can understand why.”

Naturally, Chiefs coaches and players are frustrated, too. A source told PFW that CB Brandon Flowers, who signed a six-year, $49.3 million deal last September, has been telling teammates in the locker room that he would give back all his new money just so he could leave the team.

“I haven’t heard him saying that,” Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson told PFW. “Brandon Flowers isn’t a problem guy — let’s just get that out there.

“His locker is right by mine. He’s one of our better players on defense. I didn’t know he said that. He does his talking on Sundays on the field. That’s all we ask of him.”

Even with talented players on the roster such as Flowers, the Chiefs have not been able to win. Earlier in the season, after Cassel was injured in the 9-6 loss to the Ravens and replaced by Quinn, ORT Eric Winston launched into a postgame tirade, railing against what he said were fans cheering Cassel’s injury, when neutral observers struggled to hear what Winston said he heard. The rant didn’t do wonders for the relationship with the rabid fan base, some of which is calling for heads to roll, namely those of Crennel and Pioli.

“(Pioli) let a Hall of Famer and great locker-room and great community guy in Tony (Gonzalez) get out of there,” the former Chiefs evaluator said. “(OG Brian) Waters was a great leader and locker-room guy and community guy and went to New England and played at a Pro Bowl level. There are a lot of mistakes there.”

There’s also the issue of Pioli’s contract, the details of which remain closely guarded. It was reported by other news agencies in October that Pioli had been offered a two-year extension during the offseason, but a well-placed league source told PFW that he might quietly have signed such an extension this summer. Like his mentor, Bill Belichick, the Chiefs’ GM does not speak about his contract status. It’s not known what a potential buyout might cost the team, but it certainly would not come cheaply. Either way, fans remain perhaps even more frustrated with Pioli than anyone else in the organization, and it will be tough for him to retain his job without significant second-half improvement.

“I bet (Chiefs owner) Clark (Hunt) is praying that they finish with three more wins some way, somehow,” a top NFL executive said. “If they go 1-15, he can’t justify (keeping Pioli). But get to 5-11 or 6-10 — they will go get a QB and hope they’ll be fine, try to sell that Kool-Aid.

“That is not the answer either. They need a QB and need a lot of other things on defense, too. I love it when it is third down and (2012 first-round pick Dontari) Poe and Tyson Jackson are sitting on the sideline — how many top-10 picks are sitting on the sideline next to the coach on third down?”

Following the loss to the Raiders, Crennel said, “I understand their frustrations because I’m frustrated myself. What we’re doing — coaches, players — we’re continuing to work to try and get it right. And if they’ll just hang with us, hopefully something will change.”

That was followed by the 18-point loss to the Chargers last Thursday. Monday night they face the Steelers, winners of three consecutive games, in Pittsburgh.

“They have big-play potential every play, and we know what they are capable of,” Johnson said. “We’ve seen it, plenty of it, before.”

Awaiting them is former Chiefs head coach Todd Haley, the Steelers’ offensive coordinator who, according to various reports last week, isn’t afraid to run up the score against the team — and, more specifically, the man, Pioli, with whom he repeatedly butted heads for two years — that fired him prior to Week 15 last season. Fox’s Jay Glazer reported on Sunday that the Chiefs had not yet paid the remainder of Haley’s contract that he was owed.

Following Haley’s ouster last season, Crennel was promoted from defensive coordinator to interim coach, engineering a colossal upset of the 13-0 Packers in a defensive masterpiece. It’s believed that the victory, along with Crennel’s good working relationship with Pioli and the players was what earned him the full-time job in the offseason.

But things have gone south since. After Flowers’ deal, plus long-term contracts for Tamba Hali and Johnson the past two seasons, Pioli deemed re-signing CB Brandon Carr too expensive. Instead, the team let him walk to the Cowboys at an average-per-year salary of $10 million, signed Routt as a Band-Aid (three years, $19.6 million, $4 million guaranteed) and used the franchise tag on WR Dwayne Bowe.

No long-term deal has been signed with Bowe, who is playing on the one-year tender of $9.5 million but is expected to walk in free agency this coming offseason. Joining him could be free-agents-to-be OLT Branden Albert and DE Glenn Dorsey. There has been talk about a long-term deal with Albert, and the team could opt to use the franchise tag on him, but it’s not known if any real progress has been made toward an extension. At the start of the season, per NFLPA figures, the Chiefs were $14.5 million below the salary cap.

Of course, the more pressing issue is whether Pioli will be the one making that decision. Some league sources believe that his strong relationship with Hunt — and how much money Pioli has saved the owner by not spending up to the cap every season — could spare the GM for another season, but others believe that ship has sailed and there’s little he or Crennel can do in the final eight games to save themselves.

The moves of cutting Routt, who was signed since Carr left, and promoting Gibbs (which Crennel said would help him spend more time with the struggling offense) appear on the surface to be last-ditch efforts to do so. But many around the league believe that Pioli has not done enough to warrant a return. If Hunt lets Pioli go, it’s unlikely a new general manager would retain Crennel, as he likely would want to hire his own head coach.

The approval ratings and morale around the team are as low as they’ve been since Pioli’s arrival in 2009. Although the Chiefs are strong candidates to earn the first pick in next year’s draft, there doesn't appear to be a college quarterback in the caliber of Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III to provide relief — or hope.

“Scott has never been a guy who hits the road hard,” an NFL GM said. “I heard he was out scouting the QB at USC (Matt Barkley). To me, that is a sign Scott is running away from his problems. If anything, he needs to be in-house protecting his head coach. Now is not the time to be running out.”

Hunt has heard the fans and seen the midseason results. It’s going to be a tough sell to keep the current administration in place for another season.

“We have to play hard, play for pride,” Johnson said. “It’s not easy. No one is feeling sorry for us. We just have to make the best of this and win as many games as we can.”

LiL stumppy
11-12-2012, 10:55 AM
We will draft Barkley. I feel for all our studs who were here before Pioli.

mcaj22
11-12-2012, 10:58 AM
lol ive been using the term "kool aid" for the last 3 months to describe this FO, awesome that it is finally used in an article.

This fools gold FO is very cult-like when trying to sell the fanbase on shit. Like a bad used car salesman. They make you drink the juice and hope you are dumb enough to believe it. And that's just an awful approach, because the fans clearly are not stupid, gullible for four years, but not stupid.

memyselfI
11-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Implosion city.

saphojunkie
11-12-2012, 11:00 AM
lol ive been using the term "kool aid" for the last 3 months to describe this FO, awesome that it is finally used in an article.

This fools gold FO is very cult-like when trying to sell the fanbase on shit. Like a bad used car salesman. They make you drink the juice and hope you are dumb enough to believe it. And that's just an awful approach, because the fans clearly are not stupid, gullible for four years, but not stupid.

I've been using LOL the past three months for things I was laughing about on the internet.

Mr. Laz
11-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Doesn't Derrick Johnson basically say the title is bullshit?

Reerun_KC
11-12-2012, 11:03 AM
http://www.motodisiac.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/la-train-crash-460_886063c.jpg

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2012, 11:04 AM

http://eduncovered.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/cool-story-bro.jpg

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Implosion city.

This

theelusiveeightrop
11-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Wow. It can get worse.

SNR
11-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Implosion city.

Almost as big of a meltdown as SKC's playoff loss.

siberian khatru
11-12-2012, 11:08 AM
This is so depressing, I'm going to kill myself.

bevischief
11-12-2012, 11:09 AM
About time the national media get's in on this.

vailpass
11-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Better thread title would have been "SOC Leader PR Capone Having Banner Year"

Reerun_KC
11-12-2012, 11:13 AM

Most of the Fans eat this shit up...

Hell "saveourfans" have 227 retards supporting everything the Chiefs do regardless...

FAX
11-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm trying to think of a way that this situation could be worse ... it's kinda difficult ...

Maybe if Dr. Evil won the franchise from Clark in a poker game ...

FAX

gblowfish
11-12-2012, 11:20 AM
I'll bet Pioli survives the year. They'll throw Cassel and Romeo under the bus, blame injuries, yap yap yap, we're close yap yap yap....

Then they'll trade down, draft a cornerback to replace Routt (should have kept Carr but that boat has sailed) and take a developmental QB in the 3rd or 4th round, and pick up some over the hill POS to start at QB.

Pioli was $14 mill under the cap this year. That's money CHunt can spend on his soccer team, so brownie points for Scott.

teedubya
11-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Pioli and Hunt need to get a ****ing clue.

LoneWolf
11-12-2012, 11:23 AM

My thoughts exactly. Knowmo is a dipshit.

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-12-2012, 11:30 AM

What do you want DJ to say? Yeah he said it

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-12-2012, 11:32 AM
My thoughts exactly. Knowmo is a dipshit.

Obvious troll attempt is obvious

Fat Elvis
11-12-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm trying to think of a way that this situation could be worse ... it's kinda difficult ...

Maybe if Dr. Evil won the franchise from Clark in a poker game ...

FAX

Negative. That would be awesome. We could have sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads as our QBs...

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 11:39 AM
**** Flowers. He quit in that Buffalo game and that was week 2. Our leadership sucks ass. I didn't even have to read that shit to see it. Honestly, DJ is even worse imo.

Buckweath
11-12-2012, 11:42 AM
**** Flowers. He quit in that Buffalo game and that was week 2. Our leadership sucks ass. Honestly, I didn't even have to read that shit to see it. Honestly, DJ is even worse imo.

Lol, you serious? Flowers has been a bright spot this year, of all the Chiefs problems, I'm really not sure you should criticize him.

Reaper16
11-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Almost as big of a meltdown as SKC's playoff loss.

Fuck off.

QuikSsurfer
11-12-2012, 11:45 AM
**** Flowers. He quit in that Buffalo game and that was week 2. Our leadership sucks ass. I didn't even have to read that shit to see it. Honestly, DJ is even worse imo.

http://i.minus.com/ibgJlv6fySIKYj.gif

Von Dumbass
11-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Obvious troll attempt is obvious

You guys can't be trolled. There is nothing I could say about the Chiefs that would be worse than what actual Chiefs fans are saying about their team.

The only way I could possibly troll this place would be to start saying positive things about the Chiefs. I don't troll. I don't even post in 99% of the Chiefs related threads here, but if I come across something on twitter that I think you guys would want to read, I post it.

Detoxing
11-12-2012, 11:47 AM
This is what worries me about tanking the season.

When the good players on the roster don't wanna be here anymore, it's very troubling. I'm not in the mood for another 4 year rebuild.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Lol, you serious? Flowers has been a bright spot this year, of all the Chiefs problems, I'm really not sure you should criticize him.

No matter what I say, you and alot of others are not going to get it. You won't see it and you don't want to.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 11:49 AM

When the good players on the roster don't wanna be here anymore, it's very troubling. I'm not in the mood for another 4 year rebuild.

The sooner you realize it, the better off you will be. We have no leadership. We are going to be rebuilding.

T-post Tom
11-12-2012, 11:50 AM
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2135/12119137/22241745/368720116.jpg

3rd&48ers
11-12-2012, 11:51 AM
I love this shit because even at our worst, The Raiders have NEVER been this dysfunctional or pitted fan against fan.... Keep it up.. the funny thing is gonna be when you win 3 games this year and take a corner in the draft.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 11:54 AM
I love this shit because even at our worst, The Raiders have NEVER been this dysfunctional or pitted fan against fan.... Keep it up.. the funny thing is gonna be when you win 3 games this year and take a corner in the draft.

Yep, we will be taking a CB or LB with that first pick. People think I am trolling but, I don't think so. The rebuild is coming and the QB prospects aren't good. To think it is just Cassel, Romeo, and Pioli is the most homeristic thing I have ever seen in my 37 years of beoing a Chiefs fan.

This team sucks ass and is in the argument for the worst team of all time. Not the worst team this year. The worst team of all time!

3rd&48ers
11-12-2012, 11:54 AM

Who would want to play for fans that fly banners over the stadium and plan black out days and wish for their team to lose... I don't blame you flowers, we could use you in Oakland.

tk13
11-12-2012, 11:55 AM

If Pioli gets whacked there will probably be turnover anyway. Whoever we hire from the Giants, Ravens, whoever will want to bring in his guys and will probably get rid of players here he doesn't want.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lprechaun
11-12-2012, 11:55 AM
The players that supposedly say this need to just come out and say it. When players start "rebelling" against the regime it will only solidify what we already know. Players dont want to come here, at least players who could make an impact.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 11:58 AM
If Pioli gets whacked there will probably be turnover anyway. Whoever we hire from the Giants, Ravens, whoever will want to bring in his guys and will probably get rid of players here he doesn't want.
Posted via Mobile Device

We are going to wind up with someone like Lake Dawson as GM imo. I'm not sure we can get the best prospect again. This is a bad organization. It is extremely tainted right now and it is going to be a very long time before we are worth a damn.

scho63
11-12-2012, 11:58 AM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/11/12/fans-want-pioli-crennel-removed-for-kansas-citys-l

But things have gone south since. After Flowers’ deal, plus long-term contracts for Tamba Hali and Johnson the past two seasons, Pioli deemed re-signing CB Brandon Carr too expensive. Instead, the team let him walk to the Cowboys at an average-per-year salary of $10 million, signed Routt as a Band-Aid (three years, $19.6 million, $4 million guaranteed) and used the franchise tag on WR Dwayne Bowe.

That's one hell of an expensive and wasteful band-aid. 4 million bucks for 8 games of mostly suckage. Not too shabby for him. $500,000 a game is certainly not cheap

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 12:01 PM
That's one hell of an expensive and wasteful band-aid. 4 million bucks for 8 games of mostly suckage. Not too shabby for him. $500,000 a game is certainly not cheap

Bowe is coming out better.

$600,000 a game is what he's making and he's basically done nothing to help us this year imo.

BigMeatballDave
11-12-2012, 12:01 PM
The thread creator can go ahead and eat a bag of dicks.

I'm sure he rubbed one out while posting this.

FAX
11-12-2012, 12:03 PM
The players that supposedly say this need to just come out and say it. When players start "rebelling" against the regime it will only solidify what we already know. Players dont want to come here, at least players who could make an impact.

Ah, Flowers is okay. He was probably just in a bad mood because he'd had a messed up dream.

The unwritten rule (that's rarely broken) among NFL players is that you are loyal to your team and teammates ... at least, in public. I don't think Flowers is the kind of person who would want this information out ... if it's true or not.

If he does say something publicly, he'll deny it. Certainly, something like this isn't going to make Dr. Evil very happy and I'm sure that Flowers would like to keep his fingernails "in situ".

FAX

BigMeatballDave
11-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Bowe is coming out better.

$600,000 a game is what he's making and he's basically done nothing to help us this year imo.

:spock:

Choke on an HIV infested cock.

Should he throw passes, too?

vailpass
11-12-2012, 12:04 PM

See that little speck waaayyy off offshore on the horizon?
That is a ship that has already sailed.

BigMeatballDave
11-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Who would want to play for fans that fly banners over the stadium and plan black out days and wish for their team to lose... I don't blame you flowers, we could use you in Oakland.

Die in a truck fire.

KCFaninSEA
11-12-2012, 12:09 PM

The Chiefs will need at least 4 years just to be contenders. Free agency could move that closer a bit but the history shows that this franchise doesn't attract top notch FA's so I can't count on that. So, the Chiefs need a QB, CB, inside LB, DLx2, WRx2, center and guard right now. In 4 years, another half of the roster will be gone in one way or another also. This could be another very long process. Sorry but I am just looking at this realistically.

Discuss Thrower
11-12-2012, 12:10 PM

Pray that it's only 4 years. The damage Pioli has done might warrant a decade long fix.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2012, 12:11 PM
"We better trade Flowers, he's a problem child and NOT Right 53 material!"/Pioli/True Fan Dumbass

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 12:11 PM
What's funny is that we people don't even have to root for them to tank the season. Does anyone really think they are tanking it on purpose? We have no talent.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 12:12 PM
"We better trade Flowers, he's a problem child and NOT Right 53 material!"/Pioli/True Fan Dumbass

No dude, you are the true fan dumbass for hanging on. This whole team sucks.

Discuss Thrower
11-12-2012, 12:13 PM

The team should trade Flowers out of mercy. He's played well and received only money from it.

Trade him to a contender.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 12:15 PM
The team should trade Flowers out of mercy. He's played well and received only money from it.

Fuck that, how about we trade him for someone who understands it's their fucking job to play football? Someone who appreciates gettting millions to play a game. Someone who agrees to lead this team through better or worse when they sign a big contract like that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2012, 12:16 PM
No dude, you are the true fan dumbass for hanging on. This whole team sucks.

Uh no, we will keep Flowers, he will honor his contract, and we will FIRE the dumbass who destroyed his receiver-killing spirit.

M'kay?/Thx/Bye!

BigMeatballDave
11-12-2012, 12:16 PM
What's funny is that we people don't even have to root for them to tank the season. Does anyone really think they are tanking it on purpose? We have no talent.

Your mother and sister have talent.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2012, 12:18 PM

LMAO

Marcellus
11-12-2012, 12:19 PM

Poor guy. I bet he sits around all depressed counting his cash and crying out "Woe is me! These millions of $ are all I have to show for all my hard work!" as he gazes at his empty trophy case with a tear silently running down his cheek.

milkman
11-12-2012, 12:20 PM

This team that has no talent shut down a Ravens offense that has scored 23 or more points in every other game this season.

That game is the only game that this defense attacked the opposition offense from the opening gun.

This team does need an infusion of additional talent, but the primary reason for suckage begins with coaching.

To suggest that this team has no talent is just a dumbass spouting dumbassery.

vailpass
11-12-2012, 12:21 PM

That's how you do that.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Poor guy. I bet he sits around all depressed counting his cash and crying out "Woe is me! These millions of $ are all I have to show for all my hard work!" as he gazes at his empty trophy case with a tear silently running down his cheek.

Yeah no shit. "When the going gets tough, the tough get quitting." That's the motto of the 2012 Chiefs.

However, you watch, they will win tonight and everyone will say, "see they have talent."

Fans have no memory.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 12:25 PM
This team that has no talent shut down a Ravens offense that has scored 23 or more points in every other game this season.

That game is the only game that this defense attacked the opposition offense from the opening gun.

This team does need an infusion of additional talent, but the primary reason for suckage begins with coaching.

I think we could win tonight. What I am saying is that our best talent isn't that good. These ****ers don't care man. If they cared, they would play like Denver played last year without a QB. Our best players would roll with it like Freeney and mathis. They would resign like Reggie Wayne. We have no leaders and we have the wrong guys.

milkman
11-12-2012, 12:26 PM
**** that, how about we trade him for someone who understands it's their ****ing job to play football? Someone who appreciates gettting millions to play a game. Someone who agrees to lead this team through better or worse when they sign a big contract like that.

You really are a fucking moron.

Leadership isn't something that you just take on.

Leadership is an inherent trait that is developed through years.

Brandon Flowers has never been a leader, and never will be.

It's not in his DNA.

Leaders are guys like Ray Lewis and James Harrison.

Guys that play with fire and emotion.

Guys that others gravtate to and follow natuarally.

The Jets should just release Darrelle Revis.

He got a big contract, but he's not a leader.

Can't justify that contract, even though he's the best at his position, because you don't give big contracts to guys that lack leadership.

Discuss Thrower
11-12-2012, 12:27 PM

You don't become the top .01% of football players in the country just wanting money. Championship hardware is a big thing too.

mcaj22
11-12-2012, 12:28 PM
why should they care when the coaching or FO doesnt care. Flowers is getting paid 50 million dollars i dont think he cares if the team goes 0-16. He goes out there goes through the motions and gets a paycheck and in the offseason flies back to sunny Florida to enjoy the weather and pretty girls. He could give a fuck about Kansas City or a winning culture.

That's painfully obvious. Good player but guys like him are not Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis, Charles Woodson, etc

Count Zarth
11-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Rome is burning.

SNR
I think we could win tonight. What I am saying is that our best talent isn't that good. These ****ers don't care man. If they cared, they would play like Denver played last year without a QB. Our best players would roll with it like Freeney and mathis.

Freeney and Mathis are responsible for Indianapolis going 2-14! WHERE ARE THE LEADERS???

Marcellus
You don't become the top .01% of football players in the country just wanting money. Championship hardware is a big thing too.

My point is he will be fine. He can wait until we fire Pioli and build a contender. He has had his dumpster fire moments too the last few years.

milkman
11-12-2012, 12:31 PM
I think we could win tonight. What I am saying is that our best talent isn't that good. These ****ers don't care man. If they cared, they would play like Denver played last year without a QB. Our best players would roll with it like Freeney and mathis. They would resign like Reggie Wayne. We have no leaders and we have the wrong guys.

The problem is that Pioli has avoided the guys that play with emotion.

He believes the best way to win is to find guys that play smart.

But the great defenses always have that one or two guys that play with their emotion on their sleeves, and when you have that, the rest of the team follows.

The Patriots, in their SB years, had those guys, with Willie McGinest and Teddy Breuski.

As soon as those guys started to move on, even though their defense still played smart, that defense declined, because they drafted smart players who don't bring any emotion.

Rain Man
11-12-2012, 12:32 PM
You really are a ****ing moron.

It's not in his DNA.

Can't justify that contract, even though he's the best at his position, because you don't give big contracts to guys that lack leadership.

And Ba rry Sanders. You also give big contracts to Ba rry Sanders.

(Who's autocorrecting Sanders' first name to a naughty word? And more importantly, why?)

Ebolapox
11-12-2012, 12:33 PM
any way we could get blackrob on universal iggy?

BossChief
11-12-2012, 12:34 PM
You guys can't be trolled. There is nothing I could say about the Chiefs that would be worse than what actual Chiefs fans are saying about their team.

The only way I could possibly troll this place would be to start saying positive things about the Chiefs. I don't troll. I don't even post in 99% of the Chiefs related threads here, but if I come across something on twitter that I think you guys would want to read, I post it.

I can call my brother an idiot, but if someone outside the family does...he better have a strong jaw.

milkman
11-12-2012, 12:34 PM
And Ba rry Sanders. You also give big contracts to Ba rry Sanders.

(Who's autocorrecting Sanders' first name to a naughty word? And more importantly, why?)

I'm pretty sure the autocorrect has to do with the dumbass that started the save our fans website.

TEX
11-12-2012, 12:35 PM

No - it has talent - but not much and even less of it coaching...

Rain Man
11-12-2012, 12:36 PM

But the great defenses always have that one or two guys that play with their emotion on their sleeves, and when you have that, the rest of the team follows.

The Patriots, in their SB years, had those guys, with Willie McGinest and Teddy Breuski.

As soon as those guys started to move on, even though their defense still played smart, that defense declined, because they drafted smart players who don't bring any emotion.

I honestly believe that football teams should be like they're portrayed in the movies. You need some smart guys, you need some fiery leader guys, you need some talented and naive rookies, and you need grizzled veterans on their last legs to teach them.

As a semi-related aside, Jimmy Johnson was just featured on that "Football Life" show. He was out on a fishing boat with Belichick, and he said, "Hit me in the head with a hammer if I ever draft a dumb guy", and Belichick said, "Yeah, you taught me that."

Johnson then went on to say that you can't reason with a dumb player. He would take a malcontent who was smart because you could reason with that guy, but you can't reason with a guy who's inherently dumb.

aturnis
11-12-2012, 12:37 PM
If anyone sees Pioli in the NFL asking lot schmoozing before the game, do me a HUGE favor. Pour a beer over his head, and run like Fuck. No need to get charged with assault for me. Do not from behind, and MOVE. Thanks in advance.

whoman69
11-12-2012, 12:37 PM
I'll bet Pioli survives the year. They'll throw Cassel and Romeo under the bus, blame injuries, yap yap yap, we're close yap yap yap....

Then they'll trade down, draft a cornerback to replace Routt (should have kept Carr but that boat has sailed) and take a developmental QB in the 3rd or 4th round, and pick up some over the hill POS to start at QB.

Pioli was $14 mill under the cap this year. That's money CHunt can spend on his soccer team, so brownie points for Scott.

I would be finished with them if they did that.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-12-2012, 12:39 PM

We had Mike Vrabel for awhile.

milkman
11-12-2012, 12:40 PM
I honestly believe that football teams should be like they're portrayed in the movies. You need some smart guys, you need some fiery leader guys, you need some talented and naive rookies, and you need grizzled veterans on their last legs to teach them.

As a semi-related aside, Jimmy Johnson was just featured on that "Football Life" show. He was out on a fishing boat with Belichick, and he said, "Hit me in the head with a hammer if I ever draft a dumb guy", and Belichick said, "Yeah, you taught me that."

Johnson then went on to say that you can't reason with a dumb player. He would take a malcontent who was smart because you could reason with that guy, but you can't reason with a guy who's inherently dumb.

The problem seems to me that neither Belichick or Pioli can see through the emotion to find the guy that plays both smart and with that emotion.

For all of his defensive genius stature, Belichick has fielded a sorry defense since the players that he inherited from the Pete Carrol years have moved on.

beach tribe
11-12-2012, 12:46 PM

Wow. Just Wow!!

Count Zarth
11-12-2012, 12:46 PM
This is why we need Save Our Chiefs.

Premium talent like Bflo is just rotting away.

:(

Fried Meat Ball!
11-12-2012, 12:47 PM

So you're saying we need Dennis Quaid, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, Ryan Gosling, Mark Wahlberg, Sean Astin, Omar Epps, Keanu Reeves, Orlando Jones and Jon Favreau?

Add in a coaching staff of Al Pacino, Denzel Washington, Will Patton, James Caan and Gene Hackman and we'd be unstoppable.

Ace Gunner
11-12-2012, 12:48 PM

Flowers is playing through that ankle injury and imo he's still hobbled. He's unable to get off blocks during run plays the way he normally does.

He's got heart, that player. I know he pulled up during the Buf game, but i think he's just trying to do what he can this season.

This team needs a pass rusher. Really badly. You can help those guys up front when you have a Carr/Flowers tandem, but even then, you can't expect to stop the passing game in the new NFL without a pass rush.

Chief_For_Life58
11-12-2012, 12:50 PM
So you're saying we need Dennis Quaid, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, Ryan Gosling, Mark Wahlberg, Sean Astin, Omar Epps, Keanu Reeves, Orlando Jones and Jon Favreau?

Add in a coaching staff of Al Pacino, Denzel Washington, Will Patton, James Caan and Gene Hackman and we'd be unstoppable.

al pacino as hc fox at qb wed be unstoppable

QuikSsurfer
11-12-2012, 12:53 PM

And Devon Sawa

http://i2.listal.com/image/2443293/500full.jpg

BigMeatballDave
11-12-2012, 12:55 PM
any way we could get blackrob on universal iggy?

I created a thread for this very thing and had shit flung at me.

scott free
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
NOBODY is going to want to come here in 2013 if pioli keeps his job... NOBODY.

Please God, make Clark see the light.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 01:10 PM
You really are a ****ing moron.

It's not in his DNA.

I know this and that is why I don't understand why Pioli invested a several players who are inconsistant and aren't leaders.

This team's "core" players were never leaders. That's part of the problem.
You can't tell me that guys like Flowers and DJ weren't asked to lead this team when they got their second contracts.

You can say what you want to but, KC only goes where Jamaal Charles goes. If he plays well, we have a shot. If he doesn't, we lose. It's much more than the coach, the QB, or the GM.

It's also the rest of the players and the talent level.

The only guys that might be here when we make it somewhere someday are Houston and Berry imo.

NOBODY is going to want to come here in 2013 if pioli keeps his job... NOBODY.

Please God, make Clark see the light.

Not true. Plenty of guys like the ones we have will want to come. The ones that are about the money.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Flowers is playing through that ankle injury and imo he's still hobbled. He's unable to get off blocks during run plays the way he normally does.

He's got heart, that player. I know he pulled up during the Buf game, but i think he's just trying to do what he can this season.

This team needs a pass rusher. Really badly. You can help those guys up front when you have a Carr/Flowers tandem, but even then, you can't expect to stop the passing game in the new NFL without a pass rush.

Pioli invested in inconsistant players. DJ, Flowers, and Bowe are/were inconsistant. All he and Clark talked about was consistancy and Pioli resigned those guys. That's a big part of our problem imo.

Flowers gets hurt and either misses or comes out of games every year. The guy that walked has never missed a game. There have been multiple games where Flowers was specifically targeted at the end. I'm not going to get into too much but he is overrated by Chiefs fans and I'll leave it at that. He's not consistant and he's not a leader.

I doubt it will happen but I hope Pioli gets fired ASAP. Then, the media will turn it's attention to some of the quitters on the field.

GloryDayz
11-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Could we fit that article on a banner?

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 01:38 PM

Good points...

milkman
11-12-2012, 01:39 PM
I know this and that is why I don't understand why Pioli invested a several players who are inconsistant and aren't leaders.

This team's "core" players were never leaders. That's part of the problem.
You can't tell me that guys like Flowers and DJ weren't asked to lead this team when they got their second contracts.

He might have asked them to be leaders, but he might as well have asked rain to not be wet.

You can't ask for leadership from people who aren't leaders.
It simply isn't going to work.

If he did ask, and actually expected to get leadership from those guys, then he's a BlackBob level moron.

You can say what you want to but, KC only goes where Jamaal Charles goes. If he plays well, we have a shot. If he doesn't, we lose. It's much more than the coach, the QB, or the GM.

Do you even think of what it is you are saying when you post?

Do you not understand, at least somewhere in that useless lump of coal that resides inside your head that the implications of what you just said are exactly an indictment of the QB position?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2012, 01:42 PM
This is why we need Save Our Chiefs.

Premium talent like Bflo is just rotting away.

:(

This.

Premium!

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 01:48 PM
He might have asked them to be leaders, but he might as well have asked rain to not be wet.

You can't ask for leadership from people who aren't leaders.
It simply isn't going to work.

If he did ask, and actually expected to get leadership from those guys, then he's a BlackBob level moron.

Do you even think of what it is you are saying when you post?

Do you not understand, at least somewhere in that useless lump of coal that resides inside your head that the implications of what you just said are exactly an indictment of the QB position?

He tried to trade DJ and Bowe in 2009. If you were a GM who was "building your franchise on consistancy," why would you re-sign and franchise players that you tried to trade in your first year on the job? Guys you tried to trade because they were inconsistant? Furthermore, he tried to trade them for cheap and no one wanted them. What does that say?

This is the biggest headscratcher with Pioli to me. They are both as inconsistant as ever. They just make more money.

Also, it's far more than the QB position. We don't have enough players with talent that care. It's not just the coach, the GM, and the QB. It's the rest of the god damn team too.

The sooner Pioli gets fired, the sooner the media starts pointing the finger at the players.

CoMoChief
11-12-2012, 01:53 PM
I will no longer be a Chiefs fan if we draft Matt fuckin Barkley

Reerun_KC
11-12-2012, 01:54 PM
I will no longer be a Chiefs fan if we draft Matt ****in Barkley

Great, I hope we draft him then....

milkman
11-12-2012, 01:56 PM
He tried to trade DJ and Bowe in 2009. If you were a GM who was "building your franchise on consistancy," why would you re-sign and franchise players that you tried to trade in your first year on the job? Guys you tried to trade because they were inconsistant? Furthermore, he tried to trade them for cheap and no one wanted them. What does that say?

This is the biggest headscratcher with Pioli to me. They are both as inconsistant as ever. They just make more money.

Also, it's far more than the QB position. We don't have enough players with talent that care. It's not just the coach, the GM, and the QB. It's the rest of the god damn team too.

The sooner Pioli gets fired, the sooner the media starts pointing it out.

You keep talking about how Haley wasted years of your life.

DJ and Bowe were inconsistent before, and it would make some sense to trade them.

But under Haley they played with a level of consistency that they had not played with before, and are not playing with now.

You say that you've been a fan for 37 years, and I really admire you inability to learn anything in those 37 years.

Accountability is required to get the most out of a team.

Haley demanded acountability, and the results were that he got consistent play from those guys.

Player's coaches never get those results.

I am not surprised that Romeo is getting the results from this team that he's getting.

The only surprise is that he's managed to get these results so quickly.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2012, 01:56 PM

The sooner Pioli gets fired, the sooner the media starts pointing the finger at the players.

You don't seem to understand. This is full-revolt. NO ONE wants to perform for Pissholi and his crack staff of crack smokers. Pissholi puts Cassel on the field, and the team says, "you know what? Fuck YOU. I'm done".

Guys like Flowers and DJ and Bowe, who were brought here by Herm, are well aware that KC is a great place to play with great fans. They are also aware that Scott Pissholi has completely scuttled the Arrowhead Boat, and they are fucking fed up with it.

You can shout "contracts"! and "professionalism"! all fucking day long Mr Upchuck, but the fact that these guys are 100% in tune with those of us who want to build a real team and win BIG long-term makes them the most cuddly motherfuckers to ever put on a helmet in my book.

Sorter
11-12-2012, 01:57 PM
He tried to trade DJ and Bowe in 2009.

Source?

Chief Roundup
11-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Pray that it's only 4 years. The damage Pioli has done might warrant a decade long fix.

The damage was done originally by Vermeil. He had to have veteran players. He wanted nothing to do with young players. Then Herm blew the whole thing up and Pioli has not been able to get talent back on the team via the draft. Which is what they stated they wanted to do.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Source?

Not for you. If you don't remember, it says alot. Go write us something about how Allen Bailey is going to save the day now that Dorsey is on IR. Or, maybe even the obvious thread about how we should change to a one gap defense.

Count Zarth
11-12-2012, 02:08 PM

Last season's 3-game "We love Romeo" bullshit blinded a lot of people.

They would have lost two of those games instead of just one if Cassel had been under center.

Maybe even all three, because Cassel was beaten by Tebow once already that year.

Romeo should mail Kyle Orton a check for a million bucks as thanks for the extra retirement fund.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2012, 02:10 PM

They would have lost two of those games instead of just one if Cassel had been under center.

Maybe even all three, because Cassel was beaten by Tebow once already that year.

Romeo should mail Kyle Orton a check for a million bucks as thanks for the extra retirement fund.

QB is not that important.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 02:13 PM
You don't seem to understand. This is full-revolt. NO ONE wants to perform for Pissholi and his crack staff of crack smokers. Pissholi puts Cassel on the field, and the team says, "you know what? **** YOU. I'm done".

Guys like Flowers and DJ and Bowe, who were brought here by Herm, are well aware that KC is a great place to play with great fans. They are also aware that Scott Pissholi has completely scuttled the Arrowhead Boat, and they are ****ing fed up with it.

You can shout "contracts"! and "professionalism"! all ****ing day long Mr Upchuck, but the fact that these guys are 100% in tune with those of us who want to build a real team and win BIG long-term makes them the most cuddly mother****ers to ever put on a helmet in my book.

1. You don't know that.

2. They are professionals and it is their job to play football to the best of their ability.

3. The players on this team probably hate your guts at this point in time.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2012, 02:14 PM
1. You don't know that.

2. They are professionals and it is their job to play football to the best of their ability.

LMAO

I'm sure they're loving yours. Moran.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2012, 02:15 PM
1. You don't know that.

Nah, it is their current job to piss you off. Job well done!

CoMoChief
11-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Great, I hope we draft him then....

ROFL if you think Barkley is this team's savior.

milkman
11-12-2012, 02:17 PM

You'll recall, in the debate between you and I regarding Jeff Fisher, I said that the reason I would rather hire Crennel over Fisher is that Fisher would assure us mediocrity for the next decade or more, while Romeo's failure would at least offer us hope for the future when he was fired.

As I said, I expected this.

I am only surprised at how quickly these players stopped responding.

Sorter
11-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Not for you. If you don't remember, it says alot. Go write us something about how Allen Bailey is going to save the day now that Dorsey is on IR. Or, maybe even the obvious thread about how we should change to a one gap defense.

ROFL, so you're admitting to being a lying sack of shit? You worthless ****ing afterbirth.

Edit: Alot isn't a word, you inbred pillow-biter.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 02:23 PM
You keep talking about how Haley wasted years of your life.

DJ and Bowe were inconsistent before, and it would make some sense to trade them.

But under Haley they played with a level of consistency that they had not played with before, and are not playing with now.

You say that you've been a fan for 37 years, and I really admire you inability to learn anything in those 37 years.

Accountability is required to get the most out of a team.

Haley demanded acountability, and the results were that he got consistent play from those guys.

Player's coaches never get those results.

I am not surprised that Romeo is getting the results from this team that he's getting.

To an extent I agree but, no, I don't really think Haley made them better.

They were both playing for second contacts imo. Bowe has always been about the money. He asked for a contract after Indy last year. He has a superior performance against crap and asks for money. It's the same thing as you kid laying on the couch all week and then asking for $20 after he takes out the trash imo.

Look what happened after the trade threat

Trade threat turned the light on for Dwayne Bowe

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 19, 2009, 3:05 PM EST

As pointed out in the Chiefs-Redskins portion our Morning Aftermath, Kansas City receiver Dwayne Bowe caught six passes for 109 yards. It was his best output of the season.

Bowe’s performance came at a time when rumors are rampant that he (and pretty much any other Chiefs player not named “Matt Cassel”) is available as the trade deadline looms.

So was he motivated by the rumors? As it turns out, no.

Bowe was motivated by a specific threat, from coach Todd Haley.

Per a league source, Haley tore into Bowe early in Sunday’s win over the Redskins, urging Bowe to pick up his game and threatening to trade Bowe if he didn’t.

Though some might have seen it as a chance to get over the wall and head to a contending team, the exchange seemed to light a fire under Bowe.

So we suppose it would be fitting if the performance prompts a team like the Dolphins or Ravens to make the Chiefs an offer for Bowe that G.M. Scott Pioli accepts.

I honestly don't think Haley ever liked Bowe either. He didn't even stick up for him about the alligotor arms incident which makes me think he thought Bowe pussed out. Even when he was directly asked about it, he declined to answer.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2012, 02:24 PM

They were both playing for second contacts imo.

:facepalm:

milkman
11-12-2012, 02:25 PM

And Bowe, you dipshit, is still playing for his second contract.

cyborgtable
11-12-2012, 02:26 PM

:spock:

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 02:30 PM
ROFL, so you're admitting to being a lying sack of shit? You worthless ****ing afterbirth.

Edit: Alot isn't a word, you inbred pillow-biter.

Correcting spelling is a good job for you.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 02:31 PM
And Bowe, you dipshit, is still playing for his second contract.

Yes he is and that's why he didn't get a contract. If he had, he would be even worse than he is right now.

However, he did get franchised and I don't get that. Pioli knew who he was and he shouldn't have done that imo.

He is all about the money. He is motivated by money. You watch, he is going to be a free agent dud in 2013.

Chief Roundup
11-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Yes he is and that's why he didn't get a contract. If he had, he would be even worse than his right now.

However, he did get franchised and I don't get that. Pioli knew who he was and he shouldn't have done that imo.

He is all about the money. He is motivated by money. You watch, he is going to be a free agent dud in 2013.

Oh cool so you just fixed his contract. Just make it all about incentives.

Oh wait what are the turds that he has had throwing him the ball his entire career.

Some would void their contracts just to get away from the current regime. You bet the problem is the players. You know they are all about money. They don't really want to win. They just want money.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Oh cool so you just fixed his contract. Just make it all about incentives.

O

Good luck getting his agent to go for that. Someone will make a big mistake and pay him.

King_Chief_Fan
11-12-2012, 02:37 PM
I will no longer be a Chiefs fan if we draft Matt ****in Barkley

well, we will be sure to consult you and get your feedback prior to the selectionROFL

Chief Roundup
11-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Good luck getting his agent to go for that. Someone will make a big mistake and pay him.

Read it now. Fricking touchpad on my laptop submited before I was done.

Reerun_KC
11-12-2012, 02:39 PM
ROFL if you think Barkley is this team's savior.

Never said that. Just with your history of posts, if someone does the opposite of what you say, it usually turns out for the better...

milkman
11-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Yes he is and that's why he didn't get a contract. If he had, he would be even worse than his right now.

He is all about the money. He is motivated by money.

Here's what I'm getting from this.

Haley had nothing to do with Bowe's improved consistency.

It was all about playing for the second contract.

But his play has regressed this year, even though he is still playing for that second contract.

But it would be worse, but because he is still playing for a second contract.

The fact that his play improved while Haley was here, and has regressed without the presence of Haley is purely coincidental.

It's all so clear to me now.

Morons are insulted by the fact that I called you a moron.

Even morons aren't this stupid.

OctoberFart
11-12-2012, 02:40 PM
As bad as we had it in oakland our players didn't implode like KC is doing now. I've never seen it so bad.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Milkman, He's not getting open. I have talked about it all year. Also, the QBs we have now are better than palko.

last, if it makes you feel better to say that Haley made him good, that is fine with me. This time next year we will finally be rid of Haley and Bowe FOR GOOD.

It's time to trim the fat.

BigChiefTablet
11-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Such a feel good article

King_Chief_Fan
11-12-2012, 02:42 PM
As bad as we had it in oakland our players didn't implode like KC is doing now. I've never seen it so bad.

no reason to be nasty

Chief Roundup
11-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Milkman, He's not getting open. I have talked about it all year. Also, the QBs we have now are better than palko.

But it is a contract year.

O.city
11-12-2012, 02:43 PM
You e talked about it all yea. And have been shown gifs and pics where he's wide open and not thrown an accurate ball

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 02:45 PM
But it is a contract year.

...and he is getting paid $600,000 a game.

milkman
11-12-2012, 02:46 PM

last, if it makes you feel better to say that Haley made him good, that is fine with me. This time next year we will finally be rid of Haley and Bowe FOR GOOD.

I don't care what you have talked about all year.

If you told me my feet have 5 toes each, I would have to count to verify.

You're a fucking moron.

I've seen play after play that Bowe has been open.

And that's just what I can see from the TV.

Chief Roundup
The bottum line to all of this is that we won't really know until we have a different, better, QB along with a coach and FO that doesn't make players, and fans want to quit on the team as a whole. Which is where we currently are.

Chief Roundup
...and he is getting paid $600,000 a game.

But he only played better because it is a contract year before.

Woodchuck
11-12-2012, 02:48 PM
You e talked about it all yea. And have been shown gifs and pics where he's wide open and not thrown an accurate ball

No, he has been one on one all year. Teams stack the box constantly. The QBs look at him first every play.

Are you really telling me the same QB who threw him 15 TDs in a season can't get him the ball when he's open? That is bullshit. Cassel sucks bad but, Bowe isn't open either.

milkman
11-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Can someone remind me when DJ signed his contract?

Ebolapox
11-12-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm making shit up. I'm a retard who has no idea about the game of football. I'm clearly the biggest fucking idiot on this message board or any other sports message board. Please, somebody, put me on universal ignore.

for once, I completely agree with you.

Chief Roundup
11-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Can someone remind me when DJ signed his contract?

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2010/11/08/chiefs-extend-derrick-johnsons-contract/

This article was put out November 8th, 2010. So the first week of November.

It was a 5 yr. $34 mil with $15 guaranteed.

bobbything
11-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Fox’s Jay Glazer reported on Sunday that the Chiefs had not yet paid the remainder of Haley’s contract that he was owed.
Shocking.

milkman
11-12-2012, 03:02 PM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2010/11/08/chiefs-extend-derrick-johnsons-contract/

This article was put out November 8th, 2010. So the first week of November.

It was a 5 yr. $34 mil with $15 guaranteed.

I thought as much.

So, DJ, another player that bob cites as a guy just playing for a contract, has his best year the year following his signing contract.

But Haley had nothing to do with it.

It was all about the second contract.

Sorter
11-12-2012, 03:03 PM
No, he has been one on one all year. Teams stack the box constantly. The QBs look at him first every play.

Are you really telling me the same QB who threw him 15 TDs in a season can't get him the ball when he's open?That is bullshit. Cassel sucks bad but, Bowe isn't open either.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m302klU7g91ro2qi2.gif

Chief Roundup
11-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Are you really telling me the same QB who threw him 15 TDs in a season can't get him the ball when he's open? That is bullshit. Cassel sucks bad but, Bowe isn't open either.

You mean that same QB that had horrible years before that ONE year and a couple of horrible years since.

While that same WR has put up good numbers every year before and since with different QBs that all sucked as well.

Chief Roundup
11-12-2012, 03:17 PM

Hey Mods can we change his name to Defense Mechanism?
He fits all of the major psychological mechanisms:
Repression
Regression
Displacement
Rationalization
Denial
Projection
Sublimation
Reaction Formation

BigMeatballDave
11-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Who wants to pound me in the ass? I'll pay you? Also, I love to eat large bags of rotten cock.:eek:

HMc
11-12-2012, 03:22 PM
i thought i saw that Haley was let go with cause and therefore not owed any of the balance of his deal?

Now there's 3 or 4 threads about how Hunt hasn't paid him the balance?

Hays
11-12-2012, 03:24 PM
he was fired with cause, but the nfl found no cause. So they owe him.

ChiTown
11-12-2012, 03:26 PM
I don't care what you have talked about all year.

If you told me my feet have 5 toes each, I would have to count to verify.

You're a ****ing moron.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
11-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Pioli and Hunt need to get a ****ing clue.

Their choice to run the team. :shrug:

Chiefs Pantalones
11-12-2012, 03:32 PM
I call bullshit. Next.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-12-2012, 03:38 PM
That's because you dumbasses don't care about winning or even losing. You just care about looking tough in your silver and black and shooting people. 8-8 swag.

scott free
11-12-2012, 04:25 PM

It certainly is, starting with you.

notorious
11-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Ohhhh, fuck it all!

redhed
11-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Well then, f that 404 link anyhow.

O.city
11-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Good for Flowers. I'd be looking for a life raft too.

Von Dumbass
11-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Well then, f that 404 link anyhow.

Wow. Wonder why they took it down. They didn't delete the tweet linking to the story.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProFootballWkly/status/268045494448701440?p=v

BossChief
11-12-2012, 06:07 PM

Your mom still sucking farts out of the cat and letting your uncle ATM her?

That bitch is disgusting.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2012, 03:22 PM

ROFLROFLROFL OMG U R FAIL.

rabblerouser
11-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Hey Mods can we change his name to Defense Mechanism?
He fits all of the major psychological mechanisms:
Repression
Regression
Displacement
Rationalization
Denial
Projection
Sublimation
Reaction Formation

Shit...he owes you $275 for the analysis.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2012, 03:44 PM
"It's not just the QB"

-Dickstain Cumpants

lol. FAIL

Demonpenz
11-13-2012, 05:12 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibgJlv6fySIKYj.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAH

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 05:34 PM
ROFLROFLROFL OMG U R FAIL.

I thought he looked like shit. Oh well, his days as a Chief are numbered either way. I liked the drop, the puss out drop when Ryan Clark was coming, and most of all the taunt that was called back because the ****er deserved the bad karma he got.

He is covered 90% of the time unless it's a comeback or a curl. When he is open, he drops it half the time.

It is pretty sad when your "franchise player" plays like that. Gruden nailed it.

JASONSAUTO
11-13-2012, 05:46 PM
I thought he looked like shit. Oh well, his days as a Chief are numbered either way. I liked the drop, the puss out drop when Ryan Clark was coming, and most of all the taunt that was called back because the ****er deserved the bad karma he got.

He is covered 90% of the time unless it's a comeback or a curl. When he is open, he drops it half the time.

It is pretty sad when your "franchise player" plays like that. Gruden nailed it.

the only thing Gruden nailed was your mouth with his cock
Posted via Mobile Device

RippedmyFlesh
11-13-2012, 08:16 PM

No we have Hali and Houston. Playing with a lead is what helps the pass rush.Our terrible offense is what hurts this defense. Get a god dam lead and stop turning the ball over 5 times a game and this defense would play good enough to win some games.

Ace Gunner
11-13-2012, 08:21 PM
No we have Hali and Houston. Playing with a lead is what helps the pass rush.Our terrible offense is what hurts this defense. Get a god dam lead and stop turning the ball over 5 times a game and this defense would play good enough to win some games.

okay, but that's a blitz when both players are pass rushing. That is 5 players doing what 4 players should be able to do, and even 3 players should be able to pass rush in this defense when you have good players.

But hey, if that's what works then it's better than the BS defense these players have been showing. But you can't win big games rolling the blitz out all day. Not against good QB's you can't.

lcarus
11-13-2012, 08:28 PM
I love how every internet argument has someone pointing out a misspelling or punctuation error, which leads to the obligatory "Are you the grammar police?". I've seen it so many times lol.

Rausch
11-13-2012, 08:35 PM
But hey, if that's what works then it's better than the BS defense these players have been showing. But you can't win big games rolling the blitz out all day. Not against good QB's you can't.

That's pretty much how you do beat good QB's...

Sorter
11-13-2012, 08:37 PM
okay, but that's a blitz when both players are pass rushing. That is 5 players doing what 4 players should be able to do, and even 3 players should be able to pass rush in this defense when you have good players.

This stems from a flaw in 2-gap philosophy. It takes too long with non-elite DEs in your base front (3-4) to diagnose run v. pass and then provide an adequate pass rush.

RippedmyFlesh
11-13-2012, 08:44 PM

I think they are both misused at times. It reminds me of when I would see DT dropping into coverage I hated that. On a passing down you have one of the greatest pass rushers in history(DT) and you drop him in coverage.
We need a qb,center, and a rb to spell Charles that can actually be a threat. For never playing the position Lilja has been ok but that is the weakest link of the oline.
A cb is the only need on defense.
An average defense can win you a ring with a franchise qb.
Not a big fan of Belcher but unless you replace him with a stud it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Sorter
11-13-2012, 08:55 PM
I think they are both misused at times. It reminds me of when I would see DT dropping into coverage I hated that. On a passing down you have one of the greatest pass rushers in history(DT) and you drop him in coverage.

That actually is a fantastic concept if you can still get pressure. It can confuse opposing QBs and throw off progressions. While it isn't something you do constantly, it is a successful philosophy, as evident by Pitt, Baltimore, GB,and other fire-zone based teams.

ThaVirus
11-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Yeah, it's not wildly successful on our team because we have a bunch of steaming sacks of shit on the defensive line.

But you have to mix it up sometimes. Obviously, you want Hali and Houston rushing the QB, but sometimes you drop them back in coverage to throw the other team off. They might start to slide protection toward the outside so you drop Hali in coverage, run a twist in the middle and you might have a wide open lane to the QB. Like I said, doesn't work for us often, but that's the kind of stuff great defenses do.

Sorter
11-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Yeah, it's not wildly successful on our team because we have a bunch of steaming sacks of shit on the defensive line.

But you have to mix it up sometimes. Obviously, you want Hali and Houston rushing the QB, but sometimes you drop them back in coverage to throw the other team off. They might start to slide protection toward the outside so you drop Hali in coverage, run a twist in the middle and you might have a wide open lane to the QB. Like I said, doesn't work for us often, but that's the kind of stuff great defenses do.

Excellent post.

BossChief
11-13-2012, 10:08 PM

What? You think we should run a variance of zone blitzing like Pittsburgh does?

That

Just

Might

Work

Sorter
11-13-2012, 10:25 PM
What? You think we should run a variance of zone blitzing like Pittsburgh does?

That

Just

Might

Work

That shit is wayyyyy too fucking risky, mano.

Personally, I think we should just play quarters every play and drop Tamba/Houston into coverage every time from our base front.

Rush 3, drop 8. Nobody, not even God, Allah, Thor, Satan or Tom could complete passes against the powerhouse 3-man rush of Poe, Tyson Jackson, and Pituawtf.

ThaVirus
11-13-2012, 10:52 PM
Speaking of Houston in coverage, that dude needs to be rushing the passer, like, every damn play.

He's not so good in coverage, great against the run, but he can be a fucking GAME CHANGER when he's rushing the passer.

He's surpassed Berry as the player on our defense I'm most excited about heading into the future. The dude is a fucking HOSS!

Rausch
11-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Speaking of Houston in coverage, that dude needs to be rushing the passer, like, every damn play.

No.

We need to have a legit 3-4 DC who can confuse offenses, mix and disguise blitzes, and best use our talent...

Sorter
11-13-2012, 10:56 PM

He's not so good in coverage, great against the run, but he can be a ****ing GAME CHANGER when he's rushing the passer.

He's surpassed Berry as the player on our defense I'm most excited about heading into the future. The dude is a ****ing HOSS!

Personally, I was glad when Crennel/whoever forced him to play in coverage as much as he did last year. It was a good learning experience and could be beneficial in the future.

That being said, I want him rushing the passer as much as possible until we can get a pass-rush from the our DL. Dropping Houston does nothing without an effective pass-rush. Dropping him to confuse QBs occasionally or on a situation-based plan when they have to get rid of the ball quickly is great.

Sorter
11-13-2012, 10:57 PM
No.

We need to have a legit 3-4 DC who can confuse offenses, mix and disguise blitzes, and best use our talent...

Well, fuck you Rausch for stealing my thunder.

LMAOLMAO

ThaVirus
11-13-2012, 11:01 PM
That being said, I want him rushing the passer as much as possible until we can get a pass-rush from the our DL. Dropping Houston does nothing without an effective pass-rush. Dropping him to confuse QBs occasionally or on a situation-based plan when they have to get rid of the ball quickly is great.

There's my argument, Rausch.

It's no coincidence that in 2 out of the 3 great defensive showings we've had this season, Houston had a larger role in harassing the QB.

Rausch
11-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Well, **** you Rausch for stealing my thunder.

LMAOLMAO

http://i.somethingawful.com/news/2005/05/02-mccainscowl.jpg

Sorter
11-13-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm genuinely curious.

Are people working in football at a professional level (college/NFL) genuinely incompetent?

How exactly the fuck is it that a bunch of random people on a MB can identify this team's problems and come up with plausible, logical solutions without nearly the time, money, or support people are getting paid millions to do?

Sorter
11-13-2012, 11:07 PM

http://i.somethingawful.com/news/2005/05/02-mccainscowl.jpg

LMAOLMAO

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm genuinely curious.

Are people working in football at a professional level (college/NFL) genuinely incompetent?

How exactly the fuck is it that a bunch of random people on a MB can identify this team's problems and come up with plausible, logical solutions without nearly the time, money, or support people are getting paid millions to do?

Nepotism, cronyism, inside the box thinking and arrogance.

BossChief
11-13-2012, 11:41 PM
I would be owning the NFL if this was 1988 /Romeos scheme

Sorter
11-13-2012, 11:42 PM
I would be owning the NFL if this was 1988 /Romeos scheme

We should make a time machine. Just divert the funds from SOC and we should be fine.

Chiefs=Good
11-14-2012, 12:25 AM

Ahh you may want to check the history of the Oakland Raiders: 2003 to present.

Rausch
11-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Nepotism, cronyism, inside the box thinking and arrogance.

40 years without a SB victory.

Right there is why...

Fried Meat Ball!
11-14-2012, 06:02 AM
I love how every internet argument has someone pointing out a misspelling or punctuation error, which leads to the obligatory "Are you the grammar police?". I've seen it so many times lol.

You shouldn't put a period after the close quote. You've got double punctuation.

And LOL is an acronym, so it should be capitalized. When you use it lowercase, it just looks like someone drowning.

milkman
11-14-2012, 08:57 AM
You shouldn't put a period after the close quote. You've got double punctuation.

And LOL is an acronym, so it should be capitalized. When you use it lowercase, it just looks like someone drowning.

I did some research on that period outside the quotation marks thing a while back.

I learned that in the example that you are looking at, your way became the proper way simply because of a flaw in printers.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-14-2012, 09:03 AM
I did some research on that period outside the quotation marks thing a while back.

I learned that in the example that you are looking at, your way became the proper way simply because of a flaw in printers.

Link?

:p

lcarus
11-14-2012, 09:18 AM

Are you the grammar police?!

LMAO

Fried Meat Ball!
11-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Are you the grammar police?!

LMAO

My work here is done.

:p

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-14-2012, 01:25 PM

Go wipe your dirty whore mouth with used toilet paper from a Juarez truck stop.

And THAT is the SECOND greatest damnation of Scott "Scooter" Pissholi.

frankotank
11-14-2012, 01:43 PM

yeah I can see that happening.
if it weren't for bad luck we'd have not luck at all....gloom, despair Casshole is our QB.

frankotank
11-14-2012, 02:41 PM

you need a period between times and lol.
like this...
I've seen it so many times. lol

let's fight. :mad:

The God Hypothesis
11-14-2012, 04:54 PM
you need a period between times and lol.
like this...
I've seen it so many times. lol

let's fight. :mad:

Who are you? The grammar police?