PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Schottenheimer “preached patience” to Clark

the Talking Can
11-13-2012, 06:13 AM
On Friday, a SiriusXM caller insisted that former Chiefs coach Marty Schottenheimer had been spotted in Kansas City. The Chiefs denied that a meeting between Schottenheimer and owner Clark Hunt had occurred.

Thereafter, Schottenheimer said that, while he didn’t meet with Hunt, they’ve been talking.

“I stay in touch with the Hunt family,” Schottenheimer told Jarrett Bell of USA Today. “Of late, I’ve called to encourage them for whatever they’re doing. They’ve got a lot of young players. And they’re working their butts off.”

Schottenheimer indicated he’s not returning to the NFL, even though through last year he was coaching in the UFL.

“Life is good,” Schottenheimer told Bell. “I just feel badly because I have great affection for the Hunt family and the Kansas City Chiefs. Those were the best 10 years of my career. But I think the world of Romeo Crennel.”

As Chris Mortensen of ESPN explained on Monday night, Schottenheimer has “preached patience,” which would suggest staying the course with the current coaching staff and front office.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/13/schottenheimer-says-he-wasnt-in-kansas-city-but-hes-talking-to-chiefs/

In reality, Schottenheimer only recently spoke to Hunt and head coach Romeo Crennel via telephone. ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Monday that Schottenheimer is available to serve in an advisory capacity, but is not in the mix for a role in any full-time capacity. That includes potential vacancies at head coach or general manager.

Mortensen said on "Monday Night Countdown" that Schottenheimer "has directly offered his encouragement to Crennel and Hunt and preached patience with a young team."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094323/article/report-marty-schottenheimer-could-advise-for-chiefs

ILChief
11-13-2012, 06:14 AM
Barf

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-13-2012, 06:15 AM
Did anyone else hear Gruden say that the book isn't out yet on Cassel whilst making the different offensive cooridnator every year excuse last night ROFL

theelusiveeightrop
11-13-2012, 06:15 AM
Advice from Marty. First rule of advice from Marty: This isn't the late 80's early 90's.

bevischief
11-13-2012, 06:23 AM
:eek:

oldman
11-13-2012, 06:25 AM
Et tu, Marty? I hope those minutes were on your unlimited plan.

Marcellus
11-13-2012, 06:25 AM
Back away from the cliff folks, I am sure the discussion related to a mid season purge or wait until the end of the year.

Why wouldn't he be asking Pioli? Why is he asking Marty? What does that tell you?

ChiefMojo
11-13-2012, 06:50 AM
Well Marty I take back everything about you consulting the Chiefs! Lol

ChiefsNow
11-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Back away from the cliff folks, I am sure the discussion related to a mid season purge or wait until the end of the year.

Why wouldn't he be asking Pioli? Why is he asking Marty? What does that tell you?

Makes perfect sense.

Warrior5
11-13-2012, 07:02 AM
If true, then piss on all of them...

Piss on Schottenheimer.
Piss on Pioli.
Piss on Crennel.
Most of all, piss on CHunt for doing nothing about this embarrassing debacle.

I'm fed up with no consequences and no accountability... that's why you see the utter lack of focus and discipline on the field.

Someone's ass needs to get canned.

DMAC
11-13-2012, 07:11 AM
What is happening??

This is just so messed up.

KC Tattoo
11-13-2012, 07:13 AM
What gets me is that if Clark Hunt has to seek advise from Marty or any one else even that shouldn't bode well for Scott Pioli. IMO if he has to get advise over Scott Pioli job then hoping just hoping that is a sign Scott Pioli is getting fired just not soon enough. I don't think Romeo is going get fired unless he leaves that up to the next GM like he did with Herm Edwards.

FAX
11-13-2012, 07:14 AM
What is happening??

This is just so messed up.

I can't recall a worse time ... Chiefs-wise.

This franchise is now officially a punch line.

FAX

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 07:17 AM
Axel Rose preached patience once and he was never patient. Does that make you feel better?

KC Tattoo
11-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Axel Rose preached patience once and he was never patient. Does that make you feel better?

It's Axl Rose you stupid fucktard.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 07:23 AM
It's Axl Rose you stupid ****tard.

Be patient man. I am not a good speller. ROFL

siberian khatru
11-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Fuck your gleam

GloryDayz
11-13-2012, 07:32 AM
PATIENCE!!!!! Jan 11, 1970 MF'ers!!! Just because you keep changing irrelevant parts of the club doesn't mean the 42-year clock gets reset...

So patience is good, but so is action! Patience is good, so is letting folks know that failure leads to the door. Patience is good, but not for everybody!

KCChiefsFan88
11-13-2012, 07:33 AM
All those people who were rejoicing over Marty's consultation with Clark should go jump off a bridge now.

Graystoke
11-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Buy stock in Depends undergarmets.
Marty is gonna shit his pants again

Romeo's Pants
11-13-2012, 07:35 AM
All those people who were rejoicing over Marty's consultation with Clark should go jump off a bridge now.

I heard the ex is back in town.

Sure, she's got herpes. But on the other hand, it has been so long...

loochy
11-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Will I get in trouble if I mail someone a box of poop?

Dayze
11-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Patience with a young team; patience with a old team; patience with a mix...

yeah, patience doesn't work.

you get 2-3 yrs in this league now. as someone pointed out, this isn't the90's.

there's no reason a team can go young, and be a factor. Unless you're the Chiefs - who can't scout, can't bring in FAs, won't spend $.

SNR
11-13-2012, 08:09 AM
This Arrowhead blackout better be damn successful. If the national media even attempts to swing it as "just a bunch of fans upset with the team's record" I'll fucking nuke Truman Sports Complex in an attempt to nail Pioli.

You have until January to get Scott the fuck out of town or I'm fucking leaving your shitty team, Clark.