PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports ****The Official 2012-2013 Wichita state Repository thread****

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Arrowhead
11-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Great season Shocks!!!!

Mr. Arrowhead
11-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Shox go 5-0 and advance to the Championship game in the Cancun Classic as they Play Iowa tomorrow night at 8:30 on CBS sports network

Mr. Arrowhead
11-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Shox beat Iowa 75-63 to claim the Cancun Challenge championship. Cleanthony Early is gonna be a force this season, had 25 points and 9 boards. Our defense was relentless, Iowa only had 4 two point fg's the whole game lol.

Buehler445
11-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Ron Baker is from Scott City. I watched him play high school ball. Glad his game is translating to college.

LiveSteam
11-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Nice start guys. I will root for everyone in the Mo-Vally till conference play starts . Then its all about the Creighton Bluejays.

big nasty kcnut
11-22-2012, 01:17 AM
It's shocker fighting time.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-22-2012, 06:55 AM
Ron Baker is from Scott City. I watched him play high school ball. Glad his game is translating to college.

Yup got 2 kansas boys in our starting line up, Baker and Evan Wessel (who was teammates with KU's Perry Ellis)

Mr. Arrowhead
11-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Nice start guys. I will root for everyone in the Mo-Vally till conference play starts . Then its all about the Creighton Bluejays.
Yup im right there with you

Ceej
11-22-2012, 08:51 AM
I have only watched their last two games but Cleanthony Early is sure going to be fun to watch for four years.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-22-2012, 09:00 AM
I have only watched their last two games but Cleanthony Early is sure going to be fun to watch for four years.

Unfortunately its only for 2 years, he was the 2 time Juco national player of the year. But he is a guy that has NBA potential if he keeps developing in his 2 years at Wichita State.

LiveSteam
11-22-2012, 12:05 PM
We need a 2012-2013 Mo-Vally thread. For Mo-Vally fans. Im sure CP has plenty of MV fans
This conference is a hoot to watch. & it goes way into the season before you have a clear idea who is in & who is out. Un-like the bigger power conferences. Where you know who is going to win that conference before the season ever starts.

Rausch
11-22-2012, 12:07 PM
We need a 2012-2013 Mo-Vally thread.

I was thinking chairs with ass warmers but whatever CP votes on I'm good with...

CoMoChief
11-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Fuck Yeah now we're talkin!!!

Time for a CMS Mules Thread!!!

Mr. Arrowhead
11-22-2012, 04:47 PM
We need a 2012-2013 Mo-Vally thread. For Mo-Vally fans. Im sure CP has plenty of MV fans
This conference is a hoot to watch. & it goes way into the season before you have a clear idea who is in & who is out. Un-like the bigger power conferences. Where you know who is going to win that conference before the season ever starts.

ya that sounds good. Go ahead and start it

Mr. Arrowhead
11-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Shocks get 99 votes in the latest AP poll which makes them 27th, and 16 votes in the coaches which makes them 33rd. Creighton is 11th in both polls. As long as we take care of business at home vs Tulsa on Wed, and then we play at Air Force on Sunday we should slide in the top 25 come next week. It sure would be nice when we play Creighton on Jan 19 they would be in the top 10 and us in the top 20.

GoShox
11-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Coaches poll has never really meant much, laughable that UCLA is still in there. Having Danny Manning in Koch should be fun tomorrow night.

Also, Cleanthony is going to love not only guarding McDermott, but having McDermott guard him as well. Expect some big games from him against Creighton.

ChiefsCountry
11-26-2012, 02:42 PM
ya that sounds good. Go ahead and start it

Yep I would be for it.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Coaches poll has never really meant much, laughable that UCLA is still in there. Having Danny Manning in Koch should be fun tomorrow night.

Also, Cleanthony is going to love not only guarding McDermott, but having McDermott guard him as well. Expect some big games from him against Creighton.

Yup last season Carl Hall pretty much shut McDermott down in both games. Young was the one that hurt us, and hes gone, plus Malcom is one of the best defender at the PG position that we have had in long time.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Well this sucks, EO has been a defensive force

@PaulSuellentrop Ehimen Orukpe in a walking boot on his right ankle today. He said he wasn't sure about playing Wednesday. Seems unlikely to me.

journeyscarab
11-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Hey, hey...sorry I'm tardy to the party! Let's Go Shox!

Mr. Arrowhead
11-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Shox take down Danny Manning led Tulsa team 86-60, to go to 7-0 and the only remaining unbeaten team in the MVC.

GoShox
11-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Nice win! Fred played really well tonight.. actually pretty much everybody did. Lufile got a lot of good minutes. Nice to see Ron get his shooting touch back.

Have I mentioned I really, really love this team? I'm pretty young, I've only been going to games since the 01-02 season so I'm not a veteran fan by any means. Obviously I love every team.. but this team has something special that the other teams just haven't had. Maybe it's just extra toughness? The way this team marched into VCU and took them down without any fear was great.

Also, Creighton lost. Them losing obviously hurts the MVC.. but I can't say it makes me too sad. We're in control of our own future.

journeyscarab
11-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Shox take down Danny Manning led Tulsa team 86-60, to go to 7-0 and the only remaining unbeaten team in the MVC.

Great game. Marshall has put together a well oiled machine.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Great game. Marshall has put together a well oiled machine.
Yes he has!! We dont rebuild, we reload. We play at Air Force sunday afternoon, cannot take them lightly, they are 5-1 on the season and tested Colorado the other night, but if we can take care of business we will be in the AP top 25.

journeyscarab
11-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Yes he has!! We dont rebuild, we reload.

Exactly!

We play at Air Force sunday afternoon, cannot take them lightly, they are 5-1 on the season and tested Colorado the other night, but if we can take care of business we will be in the AP top 25.

Awesome. Hopefully they will just keep their nose to the grindstone and keep moving that rock to the basket!

Mr. Arrowhead
12-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Shox survive and win at Air Force 72-69 to go to 8-0 and hopefully get in the AP Top 25. Honestly, prolly our sloppiest game of the year with 19 turnover, but good teams overcome stuff like that. A win is a win!!!!

Ceej
12-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Obviously I want WSU to keep winning.

But will their non-conference schedule hurt their chances come tourney time if they lose some tough ball games?

Buehler445
12-02-2012, 06:37 PM
How is Baker doing?

Mr. Arrowhead
12-02-2012, 08:19 PM
How is Baker doing?

Inconsistent with his shot at times, but his defense is really solid for a freshmen. He will end up being a outstanding player

journeyscarab
12-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Sorry I missed the game. Should of streamed it but glad for the win.

GoShox
12-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Ranked #24 in the AP poll today!

Buehler445
12-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Inconsistent with his shot at times, but his defense is really solid for a freshmen. He will end up being a outstanding player

Cool. Thanks. What kind of minutes is he getting?

Ceej
12-03-2012, 12:04 PM

He starts.

He was struggling at first, but lately his shots have been falling. Kid has a pretty quick release.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-03-2012, 12:12 PM

right now averaging 25 minutes per game, which is alot considering we sometimes go 10 or 11 deep. And we have 9 guys averaging 13 minutes or more.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Shox are ranked #24 in the AP poll and just outside the coaches poll at #27.

journeyscarab
12-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Shox are ranked #24 in the AP poll and just outside the coaches poll at #27.

Nice! GO SHOX!

Mr. Arrowhead
12-04-2012, 11:24 AM
we are currently on the front page of SI website

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/

Mr. Arrowhead
12-04-2012, 11:29 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_glockner/12/04/Wichita-State-MVC/index.html?sct=cb_t11_a0

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- In the aftermath of a tough, three-point win over homestanding Air Force, the mood in the Spartan visitors' dressing room beneath Clune Arena was buoyant. The small, rectangular quarters were filled not only with the triumphant Wichita State Shockers, but also with a healthy handful of their fans who had made the trip out West. After head coach Gregg Marshall finished glad-handing and proudly noting that the Shockers were now 21-3 in their last 24 road games, he handed center stage over to senior forward Carl Hall, who became the soloist in a celebratory group sing-song.

"Did we get that dub?"

"Yeahhh!"

"Are we movin' up?"

"Yeahhh!"

Then all the players joined together, bellowing a line that underscores both Wichita State's surprise 8-0 start and mounting evidence that this could be a strong season in the Missouri Valley Conference.

"Ohhhhhh, here we go!"

Ever since Doug McDermott confirmed his return to Omaha for his junior season, Creighton was the nearly universal pick to win the league. Despite a surprise home loss to Boise State last week, the Bluejays have provided plenty of evidence that they are worthy of that perch. It seems a bit misguided, though, for anyone to believe at this point that Creighton will walk to the league title. That's a credit to what's been happening elsewhere around the conference in the first month of play.

Illinois State, which received the two first-place votes Creighton didn't nab in the Valley preseason poll, was last seen in Louisville, scaring the Cardinals to death. They have been manhandling lesser foes with one of the nation's most efficient 2-point shooting attacks, thanks in large part to guard Tyler Brown and NBA prospect big man Jackie Carmichael. Preseason third-place choice Northern Iowa was part of the loaded Battle 4 Atlantis field and also nearly toppled the Cardinals, as well as Memphis, in the Bahamas. Despite going 0-3 there, the Panthers remain a top-75 team in Ken Pomeroy's early-season rankings.

However, it's the Shockers, picked fourth in that poll, who are providing the biggest shock so far. After losing their top five scorers from last season's Valley regular-season champs, this was expected to be a bit of a rebuilding campaign. Instead, it appears Marshall and his staff have merely reloaded, with a win at VCU and a victory over Iowa to go with the one at Air Force as proof of intent. The return of the Shockers, to go with some solid rebuilding in the lower half of the conference, is what will make the Valley a really interesting proposition this season.

"I think this year has the look and feel of the mid-2000s," said longtime conference commissioner Doug Elgin of a period highlighted by a four-bid season in 2005-06. "... We may not be quite as balanced at the top, but I think we're just as deep with good teams."

Despite the turnover in personnel, the Shockers appear to be rounding into the kind of resolute, defensive team that Marshall favors. Since he replaced the departed Mark Turgeon before the 2007-08 season, the Shockers' D has improved each season, finishing last season ranked 18th in adjusted defensive efficiency per KenPom.com.

This year's Shockers don't have the size of 7-footer Garrett Stutz to lean on, but they seem to be a more flexible, athletic team with a still-solid frontcourt capable of scoring enough to win. With the postgame singalong as some evidence, they also have come together as a group quicker than expected.

"We say 'brothers' on three every day, man. There's 14 of them," said Hall in the corridor outside the still-noisy locker room. "I think [the camaraderie is] even better this year. So many new faces, you gotta try to gel together."

Marshall has been a master at cobbling cohesive rosters together, leaning heavily on assistants with junior college head coaching experience to mine the two-year player market for stopgap talent. This roster is no exception, with leading scorers Hall (in his second season with the Shockers) and Cleanthony Early both products of that pipeline.

Senior point guard Malcolm Armstead also is a transfer, but from Oregon, where he played two seasons for the Ducks. Throw in two other jucos and two freshmen, and the rotation has six brand new faces in it. It's all part of this Marshall Plan.

"We generally have four- and five-year players," Marshall said. "We have some time to prepare for [personnel losses] and our assistant coaches do a hell of a job restocking the pond. Now we've been able to win some games that maybe we couldn't have won had we not found those guys."

The Shockers' depth may come in handy over what's expected to be an 18-game Valley grind. With coaches like Geno Ford (Bradley) and Barry Hinson (Southern Illinois) elevating teams that were lagging at the bottom of the league, there look to be very few easy nights anywhere in the league. Along with the Ivy League, the Valley is one of only two conferences that hasn't changed membership since 1995. The familiarity (and the double round-robin) also breeds considerable contempt. It's great to bank wins early, and the Shockers have the schedule with which to do that. They get all three other de facto contenders at home first in league play, so come the end of January, the Valley standings could contain a interesting yellow twist, and a no-longer inexperienced team could be staring down a title run.

"[Marshall's] kids are new, but they're veteran players," Elgin said. "He's brilliant at not only recruiting but putting component parts together. We feel Wichita State will contend. They're still unbeaten and they're going to be a load."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_glockner/12/04/Wichita-State-MVC/index.html#ixzz2E6ptoA1w

Mr. Arrowhead
12-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Koch Arena made the top 10 list on the top 10 home court advantages!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8712505/king-court-examines-kentucky-point-guard-void-scours-nation-college-basketball

THIS WEEK'S POLL

Ranking the best home-court advantages in the country (voters: myself, Andy Katz, Dana O'Neil, Fran Fraschilla), ordered by total points with number of first-place votes in parentheses:

1. Allen Fieldhouse, Kansas (3): 39
2. Cameron Indoor Stadium, Duke (1): 37
3. Assembly Hall, Indiana: 24
4. Carrier Dome, Syracuse: 23
5. The Kennel, Gonzaga: 18
6. Viejas Arena, San Diego State: 17
7. Rupp Arena, Kentucky: 16
8. The Pit, New Mexico: 14
9. Breslin Center, Michigan State: 8
10. Koch Arena, Wichita State: 6

Also receiving votes: Peterson Events Center, Pittsburgh, 5; Kohl Center, Wisconsin, 4; Bramlage Coliseum, Kansas State, 3; McKale Center, Arizona, 2; Bud Walton Arena, Arkansas, 2; Gallagher-Iba Arena, Oklahoma State, 1; CFSB Center, Murray State, 1.

GoShox
12-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Awesome. Although I'm pretty sure our record away from Koch is better than it is at Koch in the past few years, isn't it? I remember some pretty recent losses like Evansville, Northern Iowa, Creighton, VCU, and Missouri State much better than I do losses on the road.

Ceej
12-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Two Kansas schools in the top 10 is pretty awesome.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Awesome. Although I'm pretty sure our record away from Koch is better than it is at Koch in the past few years, isn't it? I remember some pretty recent losses like Evansville, Northern Iowa, Creighton, VCU, and Missouri State much better than I do losses on the road.

Last year we were good at home, but I think the year before that we had 4 or 5 losses at home which pretty much killed our NCAA tourney hopes. Best record in the nation on the road in the last 2+ years at 22-3

Mr. Arrowhead
12-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Two Kansas schools in the top 10 is pretty awesome.
Yup K state even received votes. Prolly safe to say Kansas is a basketball state.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-09-2012, 03:53 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RPyMqiMxH54?list=UUIOAQwS1xS79L9dmaCgQl2Q&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Arrowhead
12-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Shox will try to remain undefeated tonight as they play at Tenn at 6 pm. its going to be regionally televised on FSN Midwest

journeyscarab
12-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Shox will try to remain undefeated tonight as they play at Tenn at 6 pm. its going to be regionally televised on FSN Midwest

Sweet! I'll hit the early bus home. GO SHOX!

Mr. Arrowhead
12-13-2012, 06:02 PM
shox down at the half 30-28, ill take it with Early in foul trouble and was held scoreless.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Well dam Carl Hall out for a month with a broken Thumb

Wichita State’s Carl Hall to miss a month after thumb surgery
By Paul Suellentrop
The Wichita Eagle

Wichita State center Carl Hall will miss about a month with a broken right thumb, coach Gregg Marshall said Monday.

Hall, WSU’s leading scorer and rebounder, will undergo surgery Tuesday. He fell on the thumb during practice Saturday. He is the third starter to be sidelined by an injury this season. Guard Evan Wessel is out with a broken pinky finger and center Ehimen Orukpe missed three games before returning, at less than full speed, in Thursday’s loss at Tennessee.

“That’s why you use your scholarships and just don’t sign five guys,” WSU coach Gregg Marshall said.

Hall, a senior, fell on the thumb on his shooting hand while driving to the basket and bumping defender Cleanthony Early. Marshall said the surgeon will insert a screw into Hall’s thumb to hold the bone in place. He will remain in a cast for around two weeks.

“You just hate the timing for Carl,” Marshall said. “He worked so hard and was playing so well. He’s really been playing beautiful basketball.”

Hall averages 13.9 points and 7.6 rebounds. He scored 21 points, with nine rebounds, on 9-of-10 shooting against Tennessee.

Hall’s absence means more playing time for junior center Chadrack Lufile and sophomore forward Jake White. Lufile has played sparingly this season, averaging 2.4 points in 7.9 minutes. White averages 3.5 points.

If Hall missses four weeks, he may be able to return for a Jan. 13 game at Evansville.

WSU plays Charleston Southern on Thursday at Koch Arena, followed by a Saturday game against Southern Mississippi at Intrust Bank Arena. The Shockers then break until the opening of Missouri Valley Conference play on Dec. 30 against Northern Iowa.

Marshall said Wessel, who has missed the past two games, will not play Thursday. Surgery is also possible for him, if he cannot play with the broken finger on his right (shooting) hand.

“That’s our two toughest guys out with injury,” Marshall said.

The Shockers (9-1) fell out of the Associated Press top 25 poll after the 69-60 loss to Tennessee. They received six votes, down from 280 the previous week. WSU spent two weeks in the top 25.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/12/17/v-print/2607023/wichita-states-carl-hall-to-miss.html#storylink=cpy

journeyscarab
12-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Dang it! This quote bothered me "They received six votes, down from 280 the previous week." Wow 274 voters turned on us quickly over losing to the Vols? Tough crowd! Hopefully the guys will heal up and its good we have a deep bench. GO SHOX!

Mr. Arrowhead
12-18-2012, 01:24 PM
WTF and it gets worse, Ron Baker is out 6 weeks with stress fracture on his foot.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-18-2012, 01:25 PM
We have just lost 3 starters long term in the past week. I have never seen anything like this.

GoShox
12-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Reminds me a lot of the 06-07 season, except that year it was team chemistry that was a problem, not injuries.

I have no idea how the team is going to get through this but there's a reason Marshall gets paid the big bucks and he's seemed to have the answers in the past. Here's to hoping he has a few more.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Wichita State’s Ron Baker will miss six weeks
By Paul Suellentrop
The Wichita Eagle

Wichita State’s basketball injury problems are getting worse.

Guard Ron Baker will miss around six weeks of play with a stress fracture in his foot. He is the third Shocker starter sidelined and the fourth hit by an injury this season.

Baker, a redshirt freshman from Scott City, averages 7.3 points and 2.6 rebounds. He is 16 of 50 from three-point range (32 percent), the most makes and attempts by a Shocker.

On Monday, WSU announced that center Carl Hall will miss four weeks with a broken right thumb. Guard Evan Wessel is out with a broken right pinky for an unknown amount of time. Center Ehimen Orukpe missed three games with a sprained right ankle before playing last week against Tennessee.

The Shockers (9-1) play Charleston Southern on Thursday at Koch Arena.

2012 Wichita Eagle and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved. http://www.kansas.com

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/12/18/v-print/2608271/wichita-states-ron-baker-will.html#storylink=cpy

Ceej
12-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Unless the Shox can overcome those two tough injuries -- I smell another NIT bid.

Tough, tough break for both guys.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Thankfully we have been going 12 deep, im hoping that we can the hold the fort until Carl gets back which will be in mid January. Cle will have to take on a lot more of the scoring. When Carl get back I think we will be fine.

journeyscarab
12-18-2012, 02:07 PM
WTF and it gets worse, Ron Baker is out 6 weeks with stress fracture on his foot.

Yeah just saw that. We'll have to see what Marshall and the team can do. I was worried they were pushing too hard before the regular season to build up wins.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Game tonight vs Charleston Southern, cant take these guys lightly, they are picked to win their conference, and 60% of our starting line up is missing. For out of towner, game is being shown on ESPN3

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#type/upcoming/

Buehler445
12-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Sucks about Baker. Stress fractures are a bitch.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Sucks about Baker. Stress fractures are a bitch.

Yea it sucks, it seems like he was just starting to find his shot too. Hopefully he will be back by the start of Feb.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Shox with the 65-53 win, Cle Early with 20 points 10 rebounds

journeyscarab
12-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Listened online...sounds like they held it together. GO SHOX!

HemiEd
12-21-2012, 06:27 AM
If there is a silver lining, better to have the injuries now than in February or March.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Very true, and plus our bench and depth is going to better with all the quality playing time they will get

HemiEd
12-21-2012, 07:50 AM
Exactly. It is just so nice to see the program relevant again.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Shox played Southern Miss at Intrust Bank arena tonight, they were down 12 in the 2nd half, but come back and win 59-51.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-30-2012, 07:03 PM
I skipped out on the Chiefs game to go see the Shox take Nothern Iowa to the woodshed in the MVC opening, with a 66-41. It was 30 point lead, until we took the gas off the pedal with a couple minutes left. Now we need this same intensity on the Road at Drake on Wednesday. Go Shox!!!!

Mr. Arrowhead
01-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Shox with a big road victory in Bradley tonight 69-63 to stay up with Creighton at 14-1 and 3-0 in the MVC. Now what the hell does it take to get back in the rankings?!?!

journeyscarab
01-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Whew...what a win! I didn't expect it to be a nail-biter (too early in the season!) but it definitely had a lot of excitement. My only complaint was the "Bradly Superfan" who kept trying to officiate the game from the stands and act like a jackass in full view of the cameras. Anyone else see that jackass??

Not worried about the standings, just taking care of business on the court and be able to maintain momentum through Arch Madness! The vibe with the team is awesome!

GO SHOCKS!

Mr. Arrowhead
01-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Shox ranked at 23, all 3 Kansas teams ranked for the first in who knows how long. 3 kansas schools combined record is 38-4

journeyscarab
01-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Shox ranked at 23, all 3 Kansas teams ranked for the first in who knows how long. 3 kansas schools combined record is 38-4

Yep...just saw that. Congrats to all of us!

GoShox
01-07-2013, 11:22 AM
This team is tough, tough, tough. All the odds against them and they still manage to find ways to win games.

Ceej
01-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Losing Baker and Hall..

Marshall has been tremendous.

The dude can coach.

journeyscarab
01-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Looks like we missed on the coaches poll. We'll hit both next week. Just keep doing what we do and business will take care of itself.

LiveSteam
01-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Blue Jays

http://www.stadiumpanoramics.com/images/college/creighton_bluejays_basketball_picture.jpg

journeyscarab
01-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Blue Jays

http://www.stadiumpanoramics.com/images/college/creighton_bluejays_basketball_picture.jpg

Meh. Overrated media darling. /sarc

In the words of Bart Scott...."CAN'T WAIT!"

Mr. Arrowhead
01-10-2013, 07:09 AM
Cleanthony Early put on a display last night in the come back win against SIU. He scored 39, which is the most points by a shocker player in 28 years.

ChiefMojo
01-10-2013, 07:45 AM
Most since the X-Man (Xavier McDaniel) dropped 44 back in the 80's!

Do you Shox fans see this as another Sweet 16 type team?

Mr. Arrowhead
01-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Most since the X-Man (Xavier McDaniel) dropped 44 back in the 80's!

Do you Shox fans see this as another Sweet 16 type team?

I really do, especially when we get Carl Hall back next week and Ron Baker in about a month. I really think this team at full strength is more talented than the sweet 16 team back in 2006

journeyscarab
01-11-2013, 10:00 AM
I really do, especially when we get Carl Hall back next week and Ron Baker in about a month. I really think this team at full strength is more talented than the sweet 16 team back in 2006

Agreed. I'm really pleased where this team is at and where we are headed. We just can't hit the wall at Arch Madness. We ran out of gas there last year. But for now...looking very good for a run! GO SHOX!

journeyscarab
01-11-2013, 10:25 AM
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/10/cleanthony-early-39-in-comeback-win-gregg-marshall-coach-of-the-year/

Cleanthony Early: 39 in comeback win. Gregg Marshall: Coach of the Year?

Rob Dauster

Jan 10, 2013, 10:04 AM EST
Leave a comment
Southern Illinois Wichita St Basketball

You see that picture to the right?

The one right next to this text?

It’s Cleanthony Early, and that’s a picture of him not giving a good gull dern about Wichita State’s injury issues.

The Shockers are missing three starters — that includes their best perimeter shooter, Ron Baker, and Carl Hall, who, at the time of his injury, was the team’s leading scorer and rebounder. Throw in the fact that the Shockers were supposed to be in the midst of a rebuilding year because, you know, they lost their top five scorers from a season ago, and there wouldn’t be a single person that would be surprised if Gregg Marshall’s club was scooting along in the bottom half of the always-crazy Missouri Valley.

But no.

After an 82-76 win over Southern Illinois on Wednesday night, Wichita State is 15-1 on the season, 4-0 in the Valley ranked in the top 25. And Early is the biggest reason why. The 6-foot-8 JuCo transfer and Middletown, NY, native went for 39 points in last night’s win, shooting 13-19 from the floor and 5-9 from three as the Shockers came back from an 11 point halftime deficit to beat the Salukis. This came just one game after Early went for 24 points as the Shockers knocked off Bradley on the road.

Now it would be tough to credit Marshall for Early’s performance the past two games. That’s simply a great player being a great player.

But it is easy to credit Marshall for putting his team and his program in a position where they are not only prepared to weather the departure of their top five scorers, but the injury to three starters the following season as well. Marshall is consistently underrated and forgotten when discussing the best coaches in the country, but there no one has done a better job than he has this season.

With all due respect to Tubby Smith, John Groce, Larry Shyatt and every other coach having a great year, if the season ended today, Gregg Marshall would get my mythical vote for National Coach of the Year.

Ceej
01-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Yuck.

Ceej
01-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Down 1 with 40 seconds or so left.

Not sure why Marshall decided to foul -- even if he only made 1-2.

And Jake White is a TERRIBLE three point shooter.

Why they run plays and he continues to shoot them is beyond me.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-13-2013, 06:54 PM
yup a very disappointing game, cant expect to turn the ball over 22 times and win on the road or anywhere for that matter. But as disappointing as it was, the bright side is we get Carl Hall back on Wednesday, and we did go 6-1 without him. Every shocker fan would have taken that record once the injury happened. This loss does make the Creighton game next Saturday an absolute must win. Time to learn from our mistakes and get better, the season is still very young.

journeyscarab
01-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Ugh...what a mess. Turnovers are killing us. I know its only one game but as hard as it is for MVC to get more than two teams into the dance, it's games like this that come back to haunt us. It puts pressure on the remaining games. Mr. Arrowhead is right though...this 6-1 run was not what I expected with three starters out, so there is that. Gotta put this one behind us and get ready for the next one. Take care of the rock and we'll take care of business. GO SHOX!

Mr. Arrowhead
01-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Shox get back on the winning track and knock up Ill St 74-62. Carl Hall returned and grabbed 10 boards. Saturday is the big one, Wichita State host #10 Creighton with 1st place on the line on ESPN 2 at 3 o'clock. Wichita is ready for this one, game has been sold out for over a month, and tickets are being sold on stub hub for as much as $200 a piece. Can't Wait!!!!

journeyscarab
01-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Let's go SHOCKERS! This is a big one!

Mr. Arrowhead
01-19-2013, 12:05 PM
2 hours til Game Time. Heres some pics of students that camped out last night, waiting to get into the door

http://instagram.com/p/UrNd2EMTJe/

LiveSteam
01-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Good luck guys. Should be a great game.
Lets go
http://www.creighton.edu/fileadmin/user/PublicRelations/GraphicStandard/images/Billy_Bluejay_logo.gif

LiveSteam
01-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Great first half.

ChiefMojo
01-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Score?

LiveSteam
01-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Score?

Witch has a 3 point lead at half. They are playing great, I dnt see the Jays pulling this out. JFC Wichita is awesome on the glass & second opportunity's

LiveSteam
01-19-2013, 03:19 PM
JFC these refs fucking suck. You call a travel then reverse it 90 seconds later

journeyscarab
01-19-2013, 03:41 PM
I knew this was going to be a slugfest. Great game so far. LETS GO SHOCKS!

Btw...I loved the "Daddys Boy" taunting!

Nirvana58
01-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Good game. Shockers are just scrappy. Its been a hell of a season.

LiveSteam
01-19-2013, 03:55 PM
You guys have had the refs in your hip pocket all game

journeyscarab
01-19-2013, 03:58 PM

OH COME ON! There have been questionable calls for both sides (2 Hall calls). Its really been pretty even.

Nirvana58
01-19-2013, 04:07 PM

The flagrant foul was bs. Just nice to have some calls go our way for once.

LiveSteam
01-19-2013, 04:19 PM
You all got MOTHER FUCKING LUCKY at the end of this one. Have a great season ! See your asses in a few weeks in Omaha

big nasty kcnut
01-19-2013, 04:19 PM
We win whoo hoo!

journeyscarab
01-19-2013, 04:22 PM
You all got MOTHER ****ING LUCKY at the end of this one. Have a great season ! See your asses in a few weeks in Omaha

Whateves...your boys didn't show up. Media darling should have wiped the floor with us. I do believe you all are a tad overrated.

We'll see you in Council-tuckey and we'll bring our city with us.

journeyscarab
01-19-2013, 04:23 PM
We win whoo hoo!

Awww yeah baby!

LiveSteam
01-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Whateves...your boys didn't show up. Media darling should have wiped the floor with us. I do believe you all are a tad overrated.

We'll see you in Council-tuckey and we'll bring our city with us.
Council-tuckey?
Dnt be a moron

journeyscarab
01-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Council-tuckey?
Dnt be a moron

I know the arena is really in Omaha...just messing with you.

I may have to stop by the Green Onion for a drink before the game.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Our boys got some toughness and heart dont they!!! Lol at them Creighton fans that are whining about the refs. Everytime we touched daddys boy it was a foul. But you all can cry tho, we exposed your soft ass team.

Ceej
01-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Great day to be a Kansan!

journeyscarab
01-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Our boys got some toughness and heart dont they!!! Lol at them Creighton fans that are whining about the refs. Everytime we touched daddys boy it was a foul. But you all can cry tho, we exposed your soft ass team.

:clap::LOL:

We gutted it out. If we would have made many of those 3s we'd led by 15. I'm sorry but I am not that impressed with Creighton I seriously think they are just a bit overrated. Yes they belong in the Top 25 but not as a high as they've been lately.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Dam the next morning and im still giddy about the win. The best thing about this team, is they will get better, and we will get our best shooter in Ron Baker back in a couple of weeks. Our RPI is amazing 13. Im curious to see where we are ranked on Monday.

ArrowheadMagic
01-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Dam the next morning and im still giddy about the win. The best thing about this team, is they will get better, and we will get our best shooter in Ron Baker back in a couple of weeks. Our RPI is amazing 13. Im curious to see where we are ranked on Monday.

Being ranked for them usually spells a loss next game. Stay in the receives votes part of the polls, get a 7-10 seed and play the opening round in KC.

Nirvana58
01-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Being ranked for them usually spells a loss next game. Stay in the receives votes part of the polls, get a 7-10 seed and play the opening round in KC.

I was thinking the same thing. The shockers seem cursed when it comes to getting ranked.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Disagree, I think it has been a coincidence. We will see tho, cuz I do think they will at least be 25th this week

Nirvana58
01-20-2013, 12:22 PM
I think they deserve and should be ranked after this week. Hall is a beast and I love our aggressiveness. It was a great win but definitely need to work on our late game free throws. Hall missed what 4 out of 5 of his free throws in the last 2 minutes. The game shouldn't have been that close at the end.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Shox back in the ranking at 20 in the ap and 21 in the coaches. Now dont lose this time lol. We got Missouri State on Wednesday night.

journeyscarab
01-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Good news on two fronts tonight....Shockers pulled out the win against the Bears. They were pretty flat the first half giving up a 12 point lead by making stupid fouls. Then started out the second have flat again. Marshall must of lit them up during the first media break because they snapped out of their funk to win it.

The best news is we get to taste Doug McDermott tears again as Creighton lost to Drake tonight! One word "overrated". I stand by that claim too.

GO SHOX!!

Mr. Arrowhead
01-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Like I said Creighton=soft, soft, and soft

Mr. Arrowhead
01-24-2013, 05:07 PM
A awesome article on Gregg Marshall journey at WSU

http://rushthecourt.net/2013/01/24/it-wasnt-easy-but-gregg-marshall-has-worked-his-magic-at-wichita-state/

It Wasn’t Easy, But Gregg Marshall Has Worked His Magic at Wichita State
January 24th, 2013

Danny Spewak (@dspewak) is an RTC contributor. He filed this report following Wednesday night’s Wichita State victory at Missouri State.

On March 6, 2009, Gregg Marshall walked to the podium in the bowels of the Scottrade Center in St. Louis and delivered perhaps the most difficult postgame press conference of his career. Minutes earlier, Creighton’s Booker Woodfox banked in a jumper as time expired in the quarterfinals of the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament, even though replays showed a possible clock malfunction. Mass chaos all around. Reporters were interviewing the Missouri Valley commissioner in the hallway and demanding answers. The Shockers had heroically rallied from 22 points down, but this controversial shot sent them to the CBI.

Marshall’s press conference got emotional right away. He told us how his young child was begging him to appeal to the commissioner’s office, pleading for something to be done to rectify the situation. There was nothing anybody could do. The Shockers lost the game, and in two seasons, Marshall’s record at Wichita State stood only at 28-37. He left Winthrop for this? Marshall had been the king of the Big South. He had qualified for seven NCAA Tournaments with the Eagles and thrashed Notre Dame in the first round of the 2007 NCAA Tournament. Now, he was trying to re-establish himself and his style of play all over again in the tough-as-nails Missouri Valley. Mark Turgeon hadn’t exactly left him a perfect situation when Marshall had taken over in 2007, but this proud program with a rabid fan base was going to need to see some improvement. And soon.

More than four years later, Marshall walked into the postgame press conference after Wednesday night’s 62-52 win at Missouri State with a strut. “I want to first congratulate the young man to my far right.” He’s pointing to Demetric Williams, the senior point guard who became the winningest player in Wichita State men’s basketball history on this particular evening. Williams was not on the Wichita State team that got Woodfoxed. He joined the program the following fall, and since then, he has epitomized the rise of Gregg Marshall and Wichita State. These days, his Shockers are ranked #20 in the nation and headed toward a second straight NCAA Tournament appearance. Much like last season’s 27-6 team, they have a clear identity and swagger. It’s not an identity anybody in the Valley wants to mess with any time soon. “Boy, they’re a good team,” Missouri State coach Paul Lusk said. “They’re different, but they’re really good. They might be more physical this year.”

That is a frightening proposition. Last season’s squad looked like a collection of bodybuilders in their warm-up suits, but we’ll go ahead and call this new version “Shocker 2.0″ this season. These guys are match-up nightmares at every position. Defensively, nobody can touch Wichita State in the Valley. We’ll start with Tekele Cotton. The sophomore guard used his big, strong, 6’2’’ frame to punish Missouri State leading scorer Anthony Downing, holding him to 4-of-14 from the field. He grabbed a few critical offensive rebounds in the final minutes, too, and he teams with Williams and Malcolm Armstead to form a dangerous group of defensive guards. “They give people fits,” Marshall said. So does Ehimen Orukpe, the 7’0’’ Nigerian native who did not play very well against the Bears but normally makes a major difference in the paint. And there’s that guy named Carl Hall – you know, the top returning player from a year ago – who’s so good his coach has named a new play for him. “It’s like the Green Bay Packer power sweep,” Marshall said. “Send it to Carl.” These guys rebound. They intimidate you. They rank near the top of Division I basketball in almost every defensive and rebounding category. That’s why they beat Creighton on Saturday, and it’s why they’re now in first place in the Valley after the Bluejays lost at Drake. When Wichita native Gavin Thurman went bananas and helped his Missouri State team build an eight-point lead in the second half, the Shockers quit messing around and D’ed some people up. Then, they scored 16 points in a row. Game over. Don’t play around with Wichita State. These guys are practically grown men. Wichita State may have tripped up at Evansville a few weeks ago, but that was during Hall’s injury. He returned this weekend. It’s a new team now.

Oh, and the Shockers do score, too. It’s amazing that you can gush about Wichita State’s defense for paragraphs and paragraphs and not even mention Cleanthony Early, the impact junior college transfer who pitches in about 15 points per game and burned Southern Illinois for 39 earlier this month. Marshall says he’s not quite an elite defender yet, but the Shockers have enough of those guys. Early makes life difficult for his own defenders, since he’s a 6’8’’ forward who shoots the ball well from mid-range and draws bigs away from the basket to guard him. He looked a little rusty at the start of Wednesday’s contest, but he quickly learned how to play ball in the Valley. “There’s gonna be some physical play, some holds and some grabs and some body slamming in the Valley, you’ve just gotta know that. I tell Cleanthony, ‘you’re the new guy. This is the way we play,’” Marshall said. “You’ve got to adjust.” He did, and he wound up with a team-high 17 points and 11 rebounds.

This collection of athletes and culture of toughness did not happen overnight. Even during the darker days of Marshall’s tenure, he was slowly building his foundation. In his first season, he had a freshman named J.T. Durley who started zero times and averaged seven points a game. Four years later, he was one of the better post players in the league. He also had a kid named Graham Hatch who hardly ever played. Four years later, he turned into a fierce and fearless glue guy. The list of players Marshall has developed could go on forever. Garrett Stutz was once a gangly freshman with “project” written all over him. Last year, he graduated as a first team all-MVC center.

This is what Marshall does. He develops. He teaches. He makes players tough. It took a few losing seasons in the Valley and a few NIT appearances, but he’s finally created what he had at Winthrop. “They can literally just walk down the floor and pound it inside,” Lusk said. This will continue past this season, by the way. Williams will graduate, but Marshall’s new crop of players will embody the same mentality. And you want to know the worst part? This guy’s constantly turning down offers to leave for power conference schools. At this pace, Wichita State might be body-slamming people to the floor and dominating rebound margins for decades.

journeyscarab
01-26-2013, 06:07 PM
LET'S GO SHOCKERS!

journeyscarab
01-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Shockers are on FIRE! 73-39 over the Bradley Braves. Second half was nothing short of absolute domination!

Mr. Arrowhead
01-26-2013, 09:40 PM
We are pretty good

big nasty kcnut
01-27-2013, 01:36 AM
No bad not bad at all.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Shox in the top 15 now!!!! 15th in the AP and 14th in the coaches

journeyscarab
01-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Shox in the top 15 now!!!! 15th in the AP and 14th in the coaches

Very nice!

Mr. Arrowhead
01-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Big week this week tho, we got Indiana State at home tomorrow night (who has beat Miami and ole Miss) and then at UNI, who is playing alot better than when we pounded them earlier this year.

journeyscarab
01-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Big week this week tho, we got Indiana State at home tomorrow night (who has beat Miami and ole Miss) and then at UNI, who is playing alot better than when we pounded them earlier this year.

One game at a time....

Mr. Arrowhead
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Andy Katz ask Bill Self the question

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/8892786/bill-self-discusses-kansas-jayhawks-winning-tradition-college-basketball

Why doesn't Kansas play Wichita State?

"Kansas hasn't played Wichita State for years, way before I was the coach at Kansas. … Iowa plays Northern Iowa because the state legislature says you have to. If someone were to come and say something that it's law, then we would have to. But you schedule to benefit your own school, not to benefit others. You have to benefit your own school. I want to play games that benefit us, and, from a financial standpoint, it's hard to play games away from Allen Fieldhouse since that's our main source of budget every year.''

GoShox
01-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Andy Katz ask Bill Self the question

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/8892786/bill-self-discusses-kansas-jayhawks-winning-tradition-college-basketball

Why doesn't Kansas play Wichita State?

"Kansas hasn't played Wichita State for years, way before I was the coach at Kansas. Iowa plays Northern Iowa because the state legislature says you have to. If someone were to come and say something that it's law, then we would have to. But you schedule to benefit your own school, not to benefit others. You have to benefit your own school. I want to play games that benefit us, and, from a financial standpoint, it's hard to play games away from Allen Fieldhouse since that's our main source of budget every year.''

Bill Self is a smart man, there's no way he's dumb enough to really think that Iowa legislature dictates that the Iowa schools play. What an awful answer and a blatant lie.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Bill Self is a smart man, there's no way he's dumb enough to really think that Iowa legislature dictates that the Iowa schools play. What an awful answer and a blatant lie.

It hasnt been that way for past decade

journeyscarab
01-29-2013, 02:07 PM

This is why I will never be a true KU fan outside of being proud they are from Kansas. What's wrong with building up all the Kansas teams?

This is why a large majority of KU fans I have personally encountered are arrogant jerks. That's fine go your own way.

journeyscarab
01-29-2013, 09:15 PM
OUCH! This one hurt! No offense, sloppy defense initially. Gotta shake this one off and get back on our game. It's a long way to March...we can do this! GO SHOX!

Mr. Arrowhead
01-30-2013, 07:36 AM
uggh tough night last night, I guess you shouldn't expect to win if you shoot 27%. They will be fine tho. Just cant let them affect them, gotta put this one in the books and focus on UNI this saturday

Mr. Arrowhead
02-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Heres a excellent interview with Coach Marshall with 810 on the Border Patrol

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=26&c=374&f=1033131

Mr. Arrowhead
02-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Love this quote
"I'm not saying I will retire here, but I very well could retire here."

Mr. Arrowhead
02-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Ron Baker is walking boot and crutches free!!! Hopefully we can see him back on the court in a couple of weeks

http://www.kansas.com/2013/01/31/2658060/wichita-states-baker-sheds-crutches.html

journeyscarab
02-05-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm starting to think WE were overrated. Ugh. We are imploding. Blow a 17 point lead against the Ugly Dogs and we're just going full retard.

Ceej
02-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Brutal.

GoShox
02-05-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm starting to think WE were overrated. Ugh. We are imploding. Blow a 17 point lead against the Ugly Dogs and we're just going full retard.

Weren't overrated at all, that team was playing amazing basketball. The current team is merely a shell of what they were. I have honestly no idea what happened.

kstater
02-05-2013, 08:22 PM
That sound? Tournament bubble crashing. Win MVC tourney or no NCAA.

journeyscarab
02-05-2013, 08:31 PM

I just want to win a game. I want to get the team we had back. And I want to ring the neck of the KS Senator who thought it would be cute to offer up a bill forcing KU to play Wichita State. The KU talk among Shocker fans needs to stop, Period. We have no business complaining about KU when we cannot maintain a 20 lead on a 1-10 team.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-05-2013, 08:48 PM

I wouldnt call that far yet, but this shit is downright embarssing. I got alot emotions going through, So i better not say what i really wanna say

LiveSteam
02-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Wichita state lost tonight?

Mr. Arrowhead
02-06-2013, 07:35 AM
I think im officially done with Malcolm and his careless turnover and his bad shots. I think we need to start reigns over to Van Vleet, our offense is so much better when he is in the game.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Nice to get back on track last night with a 79-50 win over Missouri state. And with Creighton loss to ill st, we have a 3 way tie between us, Creighton, and ind st. Its gonna be a interesting finish in the last month of the season

journeyscarab
02-10-2013, 08:17 PM
I guess going forward I cannot listen to the games on the net. I completely ignored the game (except for ESPN app updates) and they won.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Back on top where we belong!!!! After a 71-56 win over drake, Fred Van Vleet easily had his best game of the season with 17 points 9 assist and 5 rebounds. Then the Shocks have gotten help as Missouri St beat Ind st. and UNI beat Creighton. So as it stands we are 1 game up with 4 to play. We got a tough road swing on Sunday and Tues, as we play at Ill St and Ind St. I think if somehow we sweep this trip, we are going to be looking for for back to back championship.

Ceej
02-14-2013, 07:40 AM
I like this team with VanVleet at the point and Armstead at the two.

Have Demetric come off the bench.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-14-2013, 07:46 AM
I like this team with VanVleet at the point and Armstead at the two.

Have Demetric come off the bench.
I agree, VanVleet is so dam smart and patient for a freshmen and his handles our off the charts. BTW I hope Demetric is ok.

Ceej
02-14-2013, 07:47 AM
I agree, VanVleet is so dam smart and patient for a freshmen and his handles our off the charts. BTW I hope Demetric is ok.

I agree, he's pretty smooth and his shooting has tremendously improved.

He's going to be pretty special throughout his four years.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Big game tonight at Ill st on ESPNU. Ill st is prolly the hottest team in the valley as they are 8-1 in their last 9 games, so we need to play our best to win this one and to keep a 1 game lead over Creighton.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-17-2013, 09:23 PM
all I gotta say is: WHAT A WIN!!!!!!

journeyscarab
02-17-2013, 09:50 PM
all I gotta say is: WHAT A WIN!!!!!!

I was sure that this was going to be a loss, then Carmichael had that lovely Jackie Chan move! That should have been a flagrant 2 foul. Things just fell into place after that. Nice win. Now I need to update my kolonopin script.

HemiEd
02-18-2013, 03:14 AM
I was sure that this was going to be a loss, then Carmichael had that lovely Jackie Chan move! That should have been a flagrant 2 foul. Things just fell into place after that. Nice win. Now I need to update my kolonopin script.

Heck of a win, Early came through when he had to.

big nasty kcnut
02-18-2013, 03:55 AM
That game was sick. I thought it was over then we had karate kid doing his thing and then we won woot!

Mr. Arrowhead
02-18-2013, 06:37 AM
I bet Jackie Carmichael is really kicking himself right now

http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/CHEST-KICK.gif

Mr. Arrowhead
02-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Shox finish the sweep of the road trip with a 66-62 win over Indiana State and now are 1 win away from back to back Valley Championships. Would be the first time thats happened since the Dave Stallworth days which is 48 years ago. Now lets finish this!!!!

journeyscarab
02-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Shox finish the sweep of the road trip with a 66-62 win over Indiana State and now are 1 win away from back to back Valley Championships. Would be the first time thats happened since the Dave Stallworth days which is 48 years ago. Now lets finish this!!!!

OH YEAH BABY!! GO SHOX!

Mr. Arrowhead
02-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Today is Bracketbuster Saturday. Shox are home against Detroit, who should be a interesting matchup its strength against strength, as Detroit as one of the nation top offense which score 79 ppg, and we have one of the nation top defenses and only allow 59 ppg. This one is gonna be on ESPN 2 at 3 o'clock. We need to keep this train going!!!

journeyscarab
02-24-2013, 10:30 AM
I think the Shox gas tank is fueling back up. Despite a few missteps and a sluggish start they put the metal down and throttled Detroit pretty well. I see the Creighton McDermotts lost their bracketbuster against St. Marys. I caught a good portion of that game waiting in line at OK Joes last night. They have no defense whatsoever. I maintain this comment: they are a huge, overrated bust. Not sure who Dougies dad is paying off for the press they get but the proofs not on the court.

journeyscarab
03-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Well two disappointing losses in a row. Hats off to the Jays, they definitely came to play and played well. They hit everything, even a prayer shot that would have missed any other time. Little Dougie is a good player and I forsee him and Echenique doing well in the NBA. Shockers played well, they didn't quit but just didn't have enough to keep up with the Jays. Congrats on the regular season title and we'll see you in St. Louis!

Mr. Arrowhead
03-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Archmadness starts tonight, as we play Missouri state, im here in st louis, hoping we can finally win this tournament. Its our time!!! Go Shox!!!!

HemiEd
03-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Shocks came through with a win today! Not a good day for Mizzou, KU or KState.

Let the March madness commence!

ArrowheadMagic
03-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Shox v Creighton III. Bring it home Shockers.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-09-2013, 06:45 PM
I guess the deadbirds didnt want us that bad after all. Creighton vs WSU 3.0 is gonna be nuts. Cant let Creighton leave the conference with the title. Go Shox!!!!!

okcchief
03-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Is this going to be televised?

Mr. Arrowhead
03-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Yup cbs

ChiefsCountry
03-09-2013, 07:19 PM
This is the Shocks first time to make it to the championship game in St Louis I think.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Arrowhead
03-09-2013, 08:04 PM
They made it in 2010, they lost to UNI

ChiefsCountry
03-10-2013, 01:09 AM
They made it in 2010, they lost to UNI

Okay I forget about that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coach
03-10-2013, 12:20 PM
This is brutal. 2-0, Bluejays. The game is on CBS.

threebag02
03-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Come on SHOX

Coach
03-10-2013, 12:36 PM
16-7 Bluejays. Not looking good.

Coach
03-10-2013, 12:54 PM
WSU making a game out of it now. Tied up.

LiveSteam
03-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Game

journeyscarab
03-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Well what a weekend. Wished I could have been in St. Louis. Great game today. We just came up a little short. Jays played well once again, guess they weren't THAT overrated. ;) Congrats on the championship! This was not the season I expected from the Shox given that we lost 5 seniors and three starters out for injuries. The team really stepped up and made an exciting season of it. Looking forward to the dance and hope we go a long way this year!

GO SHOX!

GoShox
03-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Probably the most fun weekend I've had, this or 2010. No coincidence that both times, we made the championship game.

Our team left it all on the court, can't ask for anything more. Creighton has a good team.

Also, our fans are absolutely amazing. Down 13 at the end and our section was standing up the entire time, making as much noise as possible, letting our team know we were behind them until the very end. It was amazing.

Buehler445
03-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Bummer WSU couldn't beat Creighton.

I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with Ron Baker. First game back since Dec and put up 17? Sick.

What are the chances WSU gets an at large bid?

GoShox
03-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Bummer WSU couldn't beat Creighton.

I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with Ron Baker. First game back since Dec and put up 17? Sick.

Pretty much a lock IMO. Looking at a 10 or 11 seed.

LiveSteam
03-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Congrats on nice season & good luck in the tournament. Dnt worry you are in. I thought you guys were gonna get that last shot to fall & take it into OT & screw up my hole weekend. Wheeeew! that was to close for comfort.
God I love the Mo-Valley. I will be sick to my stomach if Creighton leaves this conference.

journeyscarab
03-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Congrats on nice season & good luck in the tournament. Dnt worry you are in. I thought you guys were gonna get that last shot to fall & take it into OT & screw up my hole weekend. Wheeeew! that was to close for comfort.
God I love the Mo-Valley. I will be sick to my stomach if Creighton leaves this conference.

It really is a fun conference. It seems like games and maintaining your chances of making the big dance are more life and death than other conferences (know what I mean?). I really hope Creighton stays in the MVC the rivalry is great and I look forward to it each year but they have to do what they need to do.

Old Dog
03-11-2013, 12:33 PM

Pretty much a lock IMO. Looking at a 10 or 11 seed.

If they're in now as a 10 or 11 (and I think they are) that's nowhere near a lock, that's solid bubble territory.
WSU is now relegated to hoping berths aren't stolen by underdog teams in conference tournaments and thereby shrinking the bubble.

Ceej
03-11-2013, 01:03 PM
If they're in now as a 10 or 11 (and I think they are) that's nowhere near a lock, that's solid bubble territory.
WSU is now relegated to hoping berths aren't stolen by underdog teams in conference tournaments and thereby shrinking the bubble.

I think they're lock.

I told a couple of buddies if they got to the MVC Tournament they're a lock.

And based off some of the experts "projections" they were never on the actual bubble, first four out, etc.

But, like you said...they've got hope a lot of the favorites, or teams that are already in the tournament when they're conference tournaments.

LiveSteam
03-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Total sham if the Shockers some how get shafted. I just dnt see that happening though

Old Dog
03-11-2013, 01:50 PM
According to both Lunardi and Palm they're a #11.

Ceej
03-11-2013, 01:56 PM
According to both Lunardi and Palm they're a #11.

Pretty solid #11 seed.

Old Dog
03-11-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm not really in disagreement, maybe I'm just looking at it differently.
Inasmuch as Lunardi has two of the #11s in a "first four" game I can't call an 11 "solid" until it's certain that some of the conference tournaments are done with regard to other possible bubble teams.

Nirvana58
03-11-2013, 02:46 PM
They are sending 2 teams from the Valley to the tournament. With the shockers record and RPI they are definitely a lock.

Ceej
03-11-2013, 03:21 PM
I'm not really in disagreement, maybe I'm just looking at it differently.
Inasmuch as Lunardi has two of the #11s in a "first four" game I can't call an 11 "solid" until it's certain that some of the conference tournaments are done with regard to other possible bubble teams.

I meant from the vantage point they've got a chance to win a couple of games this year.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-11-2013, 04:05 PM
If wsu isn't in, then im boycotting the ncaa tourney this year

Mr. Arrowhead
03-12-2013, 08:02 AM
this article says we are a lock

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch

journeyscarab
03-13-2013, 10:28 AM
this article says we are a lock

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch

Sweet!

Mr. Arrowhead
03-17-2013, 07:14 AM
I think we are probably safely in with a 10 or 11 seed. All the bubble teams have lost fairly early. I'm curiously to see where we end up.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-17-2013, 07:02 PM
We get a 9 seed against Pitt. Ill take it, can't wait till Thursday

Ceej
03-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Shocked at a #9 seed.

Time to do work, Shox.

journeyscarab
03-20-2013, 01:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFwSQOoCAAE1JVQ.jpg

Dreds are gone..Carl is all business now. GO SHOX!

Mr. Arrowhead
03-21-2013, 09:35 AM
GAMEDAY!!!! Lets Go!!!! Shox vs Pitt 12:40 #watchusbeatpitt

spanky 52
03-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Good luck to the Shocks from a K-State fan.

Buehler445
03-21-2013, 11:11 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFwSQOoCAAE1JVQ.jpg

Dreds are gone..Carl is all business now. GO SHOX!

He's going to have to produce. Some big stats to pull it off. And he's going to need some outside shooting help.

Hopefully they can pull one out.

Chiefspants
03-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Good luck from a KU fan, I'm hoping we all make the state proud this March!

Old Dog
03-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Good luck from another KSU fan. Here's to hoping all three teams have a good weekend.

ArrowheadMagic
03-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Go Shox! Make the state proud.

threebag02
03-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Let's Go Shox

Old Dog
03-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Full Disclosure:
I'm pulling for the Shockers, but I picked Pitt in all four of my brackets.

okcchief
03-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Looking good so far.

Go Shox!

kepp
03-21-2013, 12:54 PM
I picked you guys over Pitt in both my brackets...I hope to not be disappoint.

ArrowheadMagic
03-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Full Disclosure:
I'm pulling for the Shockers, but I picked Pitt in all four of my brackets.

Same... After every one of my posts in this thread..they have lost...bit the bullet and picked Pitt.

kepp
03-21-2013, 01:51 PM
You guys are looking good.

LiveSteam
03-21-2013, 02:08 PM
way to put on the clinic on in the 2nd half. Not happy about leaving the Valley. Not 1 bit :cuss:

ArrowheadMagic
03-21-2013, 02:09 PM
See ya Pitt, here's your participation medal *shocka*

ArrowheadMagic
03-21-2013, 02:10 PM
way to put on the clinic on in the 2nd half. Not happy about leaving the Valley. Not 1 bit :cuss:

meh... good for Creighton....bad for Mo Valley

Ceej
03-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Good win, Shox!

Mr. Arrowhead
03-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Whip that big east ass like we did against seton hall in 2006

Prison Bitch
03-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Way to go Shocks. That's a high five!

Rooster
03-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Nice work Shockers!!!!

journeyscarab
03-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Shockers baby!

Mr. Arrowhead
03-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Shox and Zags on saturday. Just lay all on the court boys, and we can shock the world!!!

Mr. Arrowhead
03-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Gregg Marshall was on Mike and Mike this morning and he will be on the Jim Rome show at 11:40 followed by the Doug Gottlieb show on at 3:40

Mr. Arrowhead
03-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Gregg Marshall awesome interview with Jim Rome today

http://jimrome.com/2013/03/22/gregg-marshall/

Mr. Arrowhead
03-23-2013, 07:38 AM
Game Day!!!! Its time to shock the world!!!! GO SHOX!!!!!!

threebag02
03-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Let's Go SHOX!

journeyscarab
03-23-2013, 09:38 AM
LETS DO THIS! GO SHOCKERS!

LoneWolf
03-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Let's Go SHOX!

Jesus dude, your avatar is disturbing.

reschief
03-23-2013, 11:38 AM
and Olynyk, the Gonzaga center, is on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Go Shox !

http://www.krem.com/sports/Olynyk--199350591.html

chiefsfan987
03-23-2013, 01:12 PM
good luck today shocks

ArrowheadMagic
03-23-2013, 01:39 PM
One more time Shox!

chiefsfan987
03-23-2013, 07:10 PM
wichita looking good early. keep it up shockers

LoneWolf
03-23-2013, 07:30 PM
If the Shox could keep Gonzaga off the boards they'd be up by 20.

BigRedChief
03-23-2013, 07:32 PM
If the Shox could keep Gonzaga off the boards they'd be up by 20.No boards is going to doom the shockers eventually.

Coach
03-23-2013, 07:34 PM
If the Shox could keep Gonzaga off the boards they'd be up by 20.

Didn't help them that the officials is questionable at best. Either way, it's a good game so far.

LoneWolf
03-23-2013, 07:36 PM
If you're a guy and you continually have to tuck your hair behind your ears, you should be taken out and shot.

Coach
03-23-2013, 07:45 PM
If you're a guy and you continually have to tuck your hair behind your ears, you should be taken out and shot.

Agreed.

BigRedChief
03-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Agreed.x2

I hate this guy and I've never seen him before.

Big Smoke
03-23-2013, 08:14 PM
KU fan here. Just wanted to come in here and say I'm rooting for you guys. I fucking hate the guy for Gonzaga that looks like a hippie. Get a hair cut you moran.

Big Smoke
03-23-2013, 08:15 PM
x2

I hate this guy and I've never seen him before.

x3

My whole point for coming in here was to say how much I disliked this hippie looking mo fo.

LoneWolf
03-23-2013, 08:16 PM
I've never been one to blame the refs for changing a game, but he refs in this game are clearly one-sided for Gonzaga. They expect Gonzaga to win and assume they are better than WSU. Horrible.

LoneWolf
03-23-2013, 08:19 PM
I'll bet that hippie smells like a bowl of cabbage and fuck.

Coach
03-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Welp, that's the season.

BigRedChief
03-23-2013, 08:30 PM
I've never been one to blame the refs for changing a game, but he refs in this game are clearly one-sided for Gonzaga. They expect Gonzaga to win and assume they are better than WSU. Horrible.Not a Shockers fan either but the refs are screwing WSU. Same damn play is called on WSU but not Gonzaga.

Big Smoke
03-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Shockers making quite a game out of this.

BigRedChief
03-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Shockers making quite a game out of this.yeah they got a few make up calls from the refs and took advantage.

Big Smoke
03-23-2013, 08:54 PM
What just happened?

Big Smoke
03-23-2013, 08:56 PM
BAKER!!! Up by 4 with 2:30 to go.

Big Smoke
03-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Gonzaga is in trouble...

Big Smoke
03-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Where you guys at? This is an exciting finish.

LoneWolf
03-23-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm here. Just too nervous to type.

Big Smoke
03-23-2013, 09:02 PM
If they make FT's they should close it out.

LoneWolf
03-23-2013, 09:07 PM
And Jesus and his disciples go down. Back to Canada you Hanson looking motherfucker. Oh, and John Stockton, eat a bag of dicks.

Big Smoke
03-23-2013, 09:07 PM
That should do it. Congrats Wichita State!

Coach
03-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Gotta make the free throws...

sd4chiefs
03-23-2013, 09:10 PM
I knew I should have picked WS to make the Final Four. :banghead:

Coach
03-23-2013, 09:11 PM
That's the game!

okcchief
03-23-2013, 09:12 PM
SHOCKERS!!!!

Chiefspants
03-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Whoa, huge props to WSU! Outside of a few people in Spokane, WA, all of America was behind them!