PDA

View Full Version : Elections A week later Romney is still a douchebag

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 07:14 AM
My guess Mittens he won because he didn't insult half the country and didn't come across as a prick to normal middle class people.

Mitt: Obama won because of 'gifts'

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83878.html#ixzz2CIgh0NOo

Mitt Romney told donors Wednesday he blamed last week’s loss to President Barack Obama in part to “gifts” the Obama administration gave to key voter blocs, including African Americans, Hispanics and young women, according to media reports.

“The president’s campaign focused on giving targeted groups a big gift — so he made a big effort on small things. Those small things, by the way, add up to trillions of dollars,” Romney said on a conference call with donors, the Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-election-campaign-donors-20121114,0,5622330.story) first reported.

The “gifts,” according to Romney, included forgiving college loan interest, free contraceptive coverage and the part of Obamacare that allows people 26 and younger to be covered under their parents’ health care plans.

“You can imagine for somebody making $25,000 or $30,000 or $35,000 a year, being told you’re now going to get free healthcare, particularly if you don’t have it, getting free healthcare worth, what, $10,000 per family, in perpetuity. I mean, this is huge,” Romney said, the New York Times (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/romney-blames-loss-on-obamas-gifts-to-minorities-and-young-voters/?pagewanted=print) reported.

“Likewise with Hispanic voters, free healthcare was a big plus,” Romney added. “But in addition with regards to Hispanic voters, the amnesty for children of illegals, the so-called Dream Act kids, was a huge plus for that voting group.”

blaise
11-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Don't really have a problem with the comments.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 07:17 AM
You guys crack me up. Just because your guy won, doesn't mean Obama didn't do some prickish things. He made Romney, who is basically squeaky clean in terms of any corruption, look like a bad person. He's not.

Romney is right about how Obama bribed his voters. Obama also gave jobs to illegals I read. It's just that you guys support such policies.

The reality is Romney is not that much different. He just understands market principles better than Obama.

HemiEd
11-15-2012, 07:18 AM
It is all true, in fact he pulled his punches.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Bobby Jindal disagrees with Mittens and he thinks he is dividing the country. Good for Jindal for standing up and speaking the truth

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA) strongly condemned Mitt Romney Wednesday night for remarks the former Republican nominee made blaming President Obama’s re-election on “big gifts” for minorities and women.

“That is absolutely wrong,” Jindal told reporters (http://washingtonexaminer.com/jindal-absolutely-reject-romneys-explanation-of-loss/article/2513539/?page=2&referrer=/politics/beltway-confidential#.UKROsOOe_uY) in Las Vegas at the Republican Governors Association meeting. “Two points on that. One, we have got to stop dividing American voters. We need to go after 100 percent of the votes, not 53 percent — we need to go after every single vote. And second, we need to continue to show that our policies help every voter out there achieve the American dream, which is to be in the middle class, which is to be able to give their children the opportunity to get a great education, which is for their children to have even better-paying jobs than their parents.”

Jindal said that he “absolutely reject[s]” Romney’s comments and that they were indicative of broader problems for the GOP as they regroup in the wake of last week’s defeat.

“If we’re going to continue to be a competitive party and win elections on the national stage and continue to fight for our conservative principles, we need two messages to get out loudly and clearly: One, we are fighting for 100 percent of the votes, and secondly, our policies benefit every American who wants to pursue the American dream, period,” he said. “No exceptions.”

Ebolapox
11-15-2012, 07:20 AM
obama fans crack me up--and the fans part is spot on, never seen any group of people so enamored with a fucking POLITICIAN of all things.

Ebolapox
11-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Bobby Jindal disagrees with Mittens and he thinks he is dividing the country. Good for Jindal for standing up and speaking the truth

same bobby jindal that you people made fun of for the volcano insurance thing? yet all of the sudden, he agrees with me, HE MUST BE RIGHT! (he IS right in this instance, just pointing out the irony)

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 07:25 AM
same bobby jindal that you people made fun of for the volcano insurance thing? yet all of the sudden, he agrees with me, HE MUST BE RIGHT! (he IS right in this instance, just pointing out the irony)

Or the gnashing of teeth that billionaires were able to donate too much money which unfairly influences an election. Yet, Obama used money to pay off different groups too.

I call this pressure from above and pressure from below. It's how the Marxist operate.

So much for calling Bush a divider which Obama was going to change.

Bwana
11-15-2012, 07:27 AM

The country has been divided for several years now and it's only going to get worse. Anyone who thinks this problem is just going to magically go away, is either delusional, or smoking crack.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 07:27 AM

I don't know anything about his volcano insurance but don't think people aren't noticing his hypocrisy as well. He signed a bill allowing creationism to be discussed in schools for example.

But he has been on fire lately maybe the real Jindal is finally standing up.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 07:30 AM
I don't know anything about his volcano insurance but don't think people aren't noticing his hypocrisy as well. He signed a bill allowing creationism to be discussed in schools for example.

But he has been on fire lately maybe the real Jindal is finally standing up.

Well, that's his right as a governor in the Bible Belt. You progs just will not let different areas have their own values. It has to be YOUR values.

Meanwhile, such an issue isn't one for the federal govt and particularly not for a president. You guys have been busy gutting federalism.

Chief Henry
11-15-2012, 07:31 AM
The country has been divided for several years now and it's only going to get worse. Anyone who thinks this problem is just going to magically go away, is either delusional, or smoking crack.

both

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 07:32 AM

I am hopeful that it will get some what better. There is a lot of big things we can get fixed if the extremists on both sides are shut out.

blaise
11-15-2012, 07:33 AM

I believe the same. To act like it's the Republicans alone causing division is dumb. Democrats do the same type of thing by painting Republicans as racists or haters of women.

Direckshun
11-15-2012, 07:36 AM
Weigel (http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/11/14/mitt_romney_obama_won_because_he_gave_gifts_to_voters.html):

In these remaining moments that Mitt Romney remains a national figure, I have to ask: Does he not understand the transactional nature of government spending? This is a candidate who stumped in coal country promising to save the industry from health regulations and the natural gas industry, and who stumped in Virginia promising to increase spending on the defense programs that employed people in Tidewater.

I'm sure Romney gets this, and I'm sure -- because he keeps saying it -- that he views social programs as a dirtier deal for votes than actual spending on jobs that benefit certain constituencies. What's fascinating is that he keeps saying this to donors. The "47% tape" was recorded in front of wealthy donors who didn't understand why the rest of the country didn't back a candidate who was going to cut their taxes. Romney understood, and understands, that these people want to believe that poor voters are being exploited by Democrats and forced to vote themselves more benefits. It's a theory that undergirds a lot of conservative election analysis. Let's not just write off Romney as some gormless dweeb.

Points for the phrase "gormless dweeb."

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 07:37 AM
I am hopeful that it will get some what better. There is a lot of big things we can get fixed if the extremists on both sides are shut out.

Here's the mistake you're making: One man at the central level is not going to ever please 311,591,917 people. This is why we not only have divided govt but why we have federalism. But you guys, keep insisting that one man is nearly god-like with such powers. This consolidation of power in DC causes more conflict for this reason. The bigger the central govt gets the bigger the problem will get. If we can't have some relative peace at home, America cannot ensure peace elsewhere.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Well, that's his right as a governor in the Bible Belt. You progs just will not let different areas have their own values. It has to be YOUR values.

Meanwhile, such an issue isn't one for the federal govt and particularly not for a president. You guys have been busy gutting federalism.

It should be the parents job to teach them about creationism not the public schools. You would probably throw a fit if for example a state signed into law allowing teaching of Muslim or Hispanic values in the public school.

Bwana
11-15-2012, 07:38 AM
I believe the same. To act like it's the Republicans alone causing division is dumb. Democrats do the same type of thing by painting Republicans as racists or haters of women.

You're right and it's not just going to go away. I honestly wish it would, but it's to going to happen.

Iowanian
11-15-2012, 07:38 AM
A week later, the market has dropped over 710 points before the start of trading today............a week later, the weekly unemployment claims jumped mysteriously to 439,000 NEW claims.

Great Job Obama(and those who put him in office).

They call it "Hope and Change" because with your guy, no one can afford hope and CASH.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 07:40 AM
It should be the parents job to teach them about creationism not the public schools. You would probably throw a fit if for example a state signed into law allowing teaching of Muslim or Hispanic values in the public school.

No, it's NONE of your business unless you live in his state. We live under a system of federalism.

You want gays to be left alone and other groups but you refuse to leave alone states that are very religious. You want to run everyone else's area and make people like you just as you claim the right does. This is the mind of a prog.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 07:41 AM
Here's the mistake you're making: One man at the central level is not going to ever please 311,591,917 people.

Well duh.

But you guys, keep insisting that one man is nearly god-like with such powers.

You have NEVER heard me say Obama is god-like. NEVER.

Bwana
11-15-2012, 07:42 AM

Perhaps, but I don't see that happening either. The entire system is one big cluster fuck at this point. These clowns need to get a handle on the debt issue, or we screwed.

patteeu
11-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Obama is god-like.

:BS:

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 07:53 AM

All I have heard the last 4 years is Obama is dividing the country, that has been the mantra from the right anyway.

Iowanian
11-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Dirk...

C'mon man....you know you'd at least work the balls while BRC gobbled Obama's wiener.

patteeu
11-15-2012, 07:55 AM
That last post was just a joke. Seriously though, Romney is just pointing out that Obama's supporters are mostly cheap whores and welfare crackheads (figuratively speaking). It's not like we didn't know this already.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Well duh.

You have NEVER heard me say Obama is god-like. NEVER.

Well, of course not, because we are using text. :p

For the record, I don't need to write/hear you or anyone type/say that. Enough posts can also communicate that. The left claimed Obama would unite the country. You, and the side you support, consistently come down in favor of a one way for all approach by favoring the federal govt to do things it ought not. You just did when you criticized a state's governor for passing a law you don't agree with.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Dirk...

C'mon man....you know you'd at least work the balls while BRC gobbled Obama's wiener.

I am getting all hot now

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 07:59 AM
All I have heard the last 4 years is Obama is dividing the country, that has been the mantra from the right anyway.

Well, all we heard from the left was how Bush divided the country.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 08:03 AM
That last post was just a joke. Seriously though, Romney is just pointing out that Obama's supporters are mostly cheap whores and welfare crackheads (figuratively speaking). It's not like we didn't know this already.

Complete BS. Maybe Romney should self deport

HemiEd
11-15-2012, 08:05 AM
A week later, the market has dropped over 710 points before the start of trading today............a week later, the weekly unemployment claims jumped mysteriously to 439,000 NEW claims.

Great Job Obama(and those who put him in office).

They call it "Hope and Change" because with your guy, no one can afford hope and CASH.

Free shit for everybody!!

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Well, of course not, because we are using text. :p

For the record, I don't need to write/hear you or anyone type/say that. Enough posts can also communicate that. The left claimed Obama would unite the country. You, and the side you support, consistently come down in favor of a one way for all approach by favoring the federal govt to do things it ought not. You just did when you criticized a state's governor for passing a law you don't agree with.

So now you can read people's minds? You are pretty talented BEP.

Speaking only from me I don't favor a one way approach for everything. Some things the fed government does better and others it doesn't and shouldn't do.

Now you are not allowing me to criticize anything? Look who is trying to control people now.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 08:33 AM
So now you can read people's minds? You are pretty talented BEP.
No but I can read posts and figure where a person is at on issues in terms of where power should be.

Speaking only from me I don't favor a one way approach for everything. Some things the fed government does better and others it doesn't and shouldn't do.
I've never seen you make any case for de-centralization via federalism and you support the incorporation doctrine. I'll stand my position on you're being a prog.

Now you are not allowing me to criticize anything? Look who is trying to control people now.

No you can criticize but I can criticize what you criticize too. That's not controlling you. You're the one who called for an action on a state to do as you think—not I.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Wait until all those people who think they're getting something free, realize there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Plus, democratic policies have a way of making future Republicans as happened when there was a mass exodus out of the Democratic party. The young just have to learn the same lessons other learned before them.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 08:53 AM
I've never seen you make any case for de-centralization via federalism and you support the incorporation doctrine. I'll stand my position on you're being a prog.

That is because you don't pay attention. You think you know shit but you really don't. So let me help you.

Some Things I believe the Fed government can\should do:
1. Defense\Intelligence
2. Immigration
3. Health Care

Some Things I believe the Fed government shouldn't do or have less role:

1. Education (should be more up to state and local officials)
2. Regulate marriage
3. Regulate pot
4. Personal choices like what to eat, what to drink etc

No you can criticize but I can criticize what you criticize too. That's not controlling you. You're the one who called for an action on a state to do as you think—not I.

I didn't call for any action I was just laughing at them dummy.

loochy
11-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Well of course he won because of "gifts" given to key demographics. That's how you get elected retard. Obama just chose the right gifts to the right demographics. Romney did not.

BigMeatballDave
11-15-2012, 08:59 AM
12 years later, so is Al Gore...

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 09:07 AM
That is because you don't pay attention. You think you know shit but you really don't. So let me help you.

Some Things I believe the Fed government can\should do:
1. Defense\Intelligence
2. Immigration
3. Health Care

And there you have it. Precisely my point with the health care. That's a pretty massive swatch of federal involvement right there including invasion of health privacy since the govt gets our records.It's socialized health care and administered by hundreds of new bureaucrats including IRS agents to enforce it.

As for immigration, if the Feds don't do it then a state has some rights there as well.
In fact the US Constitution, authorizes Congress just one role in regard to immigration:
Article I, Section 8 says: "(Congress shall have the power) To establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization."

Naturalization. That's it. Plus, it's not even defined.

Defense? You support the idea of starting another war, this time on Iran. That's offense—not defense. They haven't started a war on us. Please, don't give me that line about how we put ourselves in the middle of a conflict first, resulting in an attack. You support intervening in other conflicts using our military. So not you spread the involvement of the federal govt outside of this country to other parts of the world to boot. That's progressive too.

Some Things I believe the Fed government shouldn't do or have less role:

1. Education (should be more up to state and local officials)
2. Regulate marriage
3. Regulate pot
4. Personal choices like what to eat, what to drink etc

That list does not do it. You can easily list those here. But I can go and get posts that show otherwise and do a better job. Furthermore, the Federal gov does not regulate marriage. It's done at the state level. I don't see you calling for abolishing the Dept of Ed either. You came down on the side of Michelle's busy-body lunches and never called for the feds to not be involved in the area at all.

I didn't call for any action I was just laughing at them dummy.
Sure didn't sound like it to me. You insisted that state should not do that.

You left out a lot, that I've seen you otherwise support of the feds, but it would take a long time to get the proof. One is civil rights act of 1964, and that school lunch debate we had regarding what Michelle Obama was doing. I'm sure I could find more. It may be paying for women's birth control, federal govt mandates on health insurers to make it more affordable when it actually increases the price. So you don't support all personal choices. You seem to come down on the side of the incorporation doctrine on social issues instead of leaving them to the states.

Really though, I don't want to digress too much. I just don't see it.

Cave Johnson
11-15-2012, 09:16 AM

Keep up this line of analysis. I'm sure it'll appeal to Hispanics, moderates, and the young in upcoming elections. ;)

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Keep up this line of analysis. I'm sure it'll appeal to Hispanics, moderates, and the young in upcoming elections. ;)

He's not running for office. So he has more leeway.

I mean I could say keep up the class warfare rhetoric...when the policies crash you can get voted out again too. Nothing stays the same forever.

Cave Johnson
11-15-2012, 09:19 AM

Pssst, Superstorm Sandy mighta had something to do with the jobless claims.

donkhater
11-15-2012, 09:22 AM

Jindal disagrees that this is the narrative that the GOP should put forth, that they should be above that.

I'm not sure where I read that he disagrees with Mitt's assessment. Only that he shouldn't point it out.

patteeu
11-15-2012, 09:23 AM

Will 8 years be enough for you guys to finally run out of excuses?

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 09:26 AM
I am a babbling idiot

I agree.

I have stated for the longest time I believe in Medicare for All. That is no surprise.

Immigration and enforcement of our borders is a federal issue and always will be. And the one thing that Feds should do is National defense, doesn't matter if it is offense or defense the goal is to protect this country.

Most people aren't stupid RP's supporters who believe we shouldn't defend this country and our allies overseas.

Also if you could actually read which I am pretty sure you can't I said the Things the Fed government shouldn't do or have a less role in.

Iowanian
11-15-2012, 09:26 AM

I know....Sandy tore a bunch of shit up and should generate a ton of temporary cleanup jobs, contribute to the manufacture, distribution, sale and construction/repairs.
Sandy should end up causing a year or two of job GAINS.

Use it as an excuse, but it's bullshit.

Fish
11-15-2012, 09:35 AM

That's nice pat. It's good you're not bitter....

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Jindal disagrees that this is the narrative that the GOP should put forth, that they should be above that.

I'm not sure where I read that he disagrees with Mitt's assessment. Only that he shouldn't point it out.

I take it from his quote he disagrees..

"That is absolutely wrong," Jindal said at Wednesday's session of the annual Republican Governors Association meeting in Las Vegas, according to the Washington Examiner's Byron York (http://washingtonexaminer.com/jindal-absolutely-reject-romneys-explanation-of-loss/article/2513539#.UKRMi0jjlSZ). "I absolutely reject that notion."

OmahaChief
11-15-2012, 09:37 AM

It's not being bitter at all. There is a lot of fact to that. Those that want continued and increased handouts (gifts) came out and voted for Obama. Not saying it was only those types that voted for him as there are many Democrats that actually work and do not expect handouts.

vailpass
11-15-2012, 09:37 AM

Correctly spoken for a man with 2016 aspirations.

The divisions in this country have been in place for 4+ years and are due in large part to obama and the left. Inciting class warfare and social envy are page 1 in the D play book.

patteeu
11-15-2012, 09:40 AM

I'm just keeping it real. :thumb:

vailpass
11-15-2012, 09:42 AM
It's not being bitter at all. There is a lot of fact to that. Those that want continued and increased handouts (gifts) came out and voted for Obama. Not saying it was only those types that voted for him as there are many Democrats that actually work and do not expect handouts.

It's hard to beat Santa Claus when dealing with children.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Because I'm a babbling idiot I recognize babbling idiots. But most of all, I am proving how I am losing my argument.
I agree.

I have stated for the longest time I believe in Medicare for All. That is no surprise.
Fine. But it's still more power at the federal level. That's all I am saying. It denies choices for others on what they would do with that money they pay into that program. Now those who paid into it for years got it cut. Denying them what was promised when they complied.

Immigration and enforcement of our borders is a federal issue and always will be.
Thank you for more proof of what I said, even though this is not what the Constitution states.

There was no real provision here at the time of the founding.

And the one thing that Feds should do is National defense, doesn't matter if it is offense or defense the goal is to protect this country.
Well, I agree on defense...but offense, or starting war, is another seizing of power at the federal level since it's not what our Framers intended. We can argue all day long as to whether it's truly defense which historically has not been the case. Our Framers, who supported balanced govt, also supported the then standards for international law at their time which recognized this as aggressive. It also violates the Nuremberg standards on starting wars that we imposed on Germany.

Then there's the case I haven't seen you make about how it's the role of congress to declare war not a president. Yet Obama started acts of war on Libya under Nato which is under the wanna-be govt —the UN.

Most people aren't stupid RP's supporters who believe we shouldn't defend this country and our allies overseas.
Most people? I guess you haven't seen the polls on the American people being war weary and think we're doing too much in this area. Sounds like it. You can diss Paul all you want, but he was the one who owned this issue when it came to most of the American people.

Also if you could actually read which I am pretty sure you can't I said the Things the Fed government shouldn't do or have a less role in.
I am just saying, I don't see you calling for any action to roll back the federal govt but consistently argue for increasing its role if you look at it as a lump sum total. And you insisted how a state should conduct education. That's imposing your value choices on another state.

Your move.

My guess, it will start out with another ad hominem. I guess you've conceded.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 09:47 AM

Show me your facts.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 09:49 AM
It's hard to beat Santa Claus when dealing with children.

Great response! ROFL

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Correctly spoken for a man with 2016 aspirations.

The divisions in this country have been in place for 4+ years and are due in large part to obama and the left. Inciting class warfare and social envy are page 1 in the D play book.

So there were no divisions prior to Obama? Strange it seems to me I remember alot of people on the right claiming anyone not for a certain war were rooting for the terrorists to win and hated America. That was a real Kumbaya moment

Fish
11-15-2012, 09:51 AM

LMAO.... Right...

That mindset is why Mittens lost... and why the Republican party continues to drift away..

vailpass
11-15-2012, 09:51 AM
So there were no divisions prior to Obama? Strange it seems to me I remember alot of people on the right claiming anyone not for a certain war were rooting for the terrorists to win and hated America.

There absolutely were divisions prior to obama. My point was that obama plays on them, incites them, as a major part of his stragey.
Forgive me if I wasn't clear on that.

The example you cite is nowhere near the level of the class and race warfare obama engenders.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 09:55 AM
LMAO.... Right...

That mindset is why Mittens lost... and why the Republican party continues to drift away..

How many times have we heard this about the Republicans....only to have them come back? Quite a lot.

Democratic programs have had a way of making future Republicans. The youth will change with experience and age.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 09:58 AM
There absolutely were divisions prior to obama. My point was that obama plays on them, incites them, as a major part of his stragey.
Forgive me if I wasn't clear on that.

The example you cite is nowhere near the level of the class and race warfare obama engenders.

So did the right after 9/11 by saying anyone who disagreed with them were traitors and supported the terrorists. To me that is alot worse than saying rich people should pay 4% more in taxes.

mlyonsd
11-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Why exactly its Romney a douchebag for telling the truth?

Obama certainly didn't win on his own record.

vailpass
11-15-2012, 10:03 AM
So did the right after 9/11 by saying anyone who disagreed with them were traitors and supported the terrorists. To me that is alot worse than saying rich people should pay 4% more in taxes.

Why even bother to post if you choose not to address the facts?

HonestChieffan
11-15-2012, 10:05 AM

Obama, pelosi, Reed would be great place to start

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Why even bother to post if you choose not to address the facts?

You didn't offer any facts

vailpass
11-15-2012, 10:27 AM
I pointed out that obama and his handlers incite class and race warfare.

You ignore that and try to sweep it under the carpet with "raise taxes on the rich by 4%".
I don't blame you, I'd ignore that aspect of obama as well. That facet of his tenure, like so many others, is disgraceful.

Cave Johnson
11-15-2012, 10:31 AM

You ignore that and try to sweep it under the carpet with "raise taxes on the rich by 4%".
I don't blame you, I'd ignore that aspect of obama as well. That facet of his tenure, like so many others, is disgraceful.

Comparing asking the rich to pay a little more with class welfare is akin to calling black panthers opening doors for white ladies voter intimidation.

It's a bogus argument rejected by the majority of the electorate. But hey, keep banging that drum if it helps you sleep at night.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Comparing asking the rich to pay a little more with class welfare is akin to calling black panthers opening doors for white ladies voter intimidation.

It's a bogus argument rejected by the majority of the electorate. But hey, keep banging that drum if it helps you sleep at night.

Correction of the voters that voted. You forgot the 40% of registered voters that didn't vote, which is a no vote for either candidate.

Cave Johnson
11-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Correction of the voters that voted. You forgot the 40% of registered voters that didn't vote, which is a no vote for either candidate.

If they felt strongly on the issue, I'm sure they would have stepped up and pulled Romney's lever.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 10:40 AM
If they felt strongly on the issue, I'm sure they would have stepped up and pulled Romney's lever.

No, that's not my point. My point was you don't know where most of the electorate really feel. Polls consistently showed unhappiness with the candidate choices. Many felt that Mitt was a liberal posing as a conservative.

Oh and the rich pay a little bit more is still just a drop in the bucket and doesn't pay for current levels of govt.

vailpass
11-15-2012, 10:46 AM

obama wanting to raise taxes is not at all what I am talking about. That was Dirk's diversion.

Do you deny that obama fosters divisions based on class and race?

Cave Johnson
11-15-2012, 10:46 AM
No, that's not my point. My point was you don't know where most of the electorate really feel. Polls consistently showed unhappiness with the candidate choices. Many felt that Mitt was a liberal posing as a conservative.

Oh and the rich pay a little bit more is still just a drop in the bucket and doesn't pay for current levels of govt.

Electorate can mean eligible voters OR actual voters. The actual voters didn't buy the R's class warfare argument.

I don't disagree with the latter. However, given that spending cuts will fall disproportionately on the poor, the majority of the country and I are cool with it.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Electorate can mean eligible voters OR actual voters. The actual voters didn't buy the R's class warfare argument.

Exit polls showed more of them, by at least 50% voted for the Democrats class warfare arguments. The Republicans didn't make class warfare arguments.

teedubya
11-15-2012, 10:53 AM
When do I get my Obama phone?

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 11:07 AM

You said it was a fact, it is not that is your opinion which you are entitled to but last Tuesday people rejected your opinion.

The reason why I brought up raising rich people's taxes by 4% is because that is what Obama ran on. You probably think that is class warfare I don't. But that is my opinion

The_Grand_Illusion
11-15-2012, 11:48 AM
You said it was a fact, it is not that is your opinion which you are entitled to but last Tuesday people rejected your opinion.

The reason why I brought up raising rich people's taxes by 4% is because that is what Obama ran on. You probably think that is class warfare I don't. But that is my opinion

Do you realize class warfare has been the modus operandi for the Democrat Party for decades? It's not opinion, it's fact. It just shows how blind how some of you have become to reality. Are you that blind? Don't answer that, as a minority, former Dem/lib, I already know the answer. It just goes to show how much our culture has bought in to statism. Class warfare and political correctness are tools to help bring statism about. It's no different from other statisms of the past, Marxism, communism, fascism. Americans have brought about their own brand of statism, perhaps much of it through deception but it has happened. Our government education has failed so many on freedom.

There really is no answer for statism once it grabs a hold of a country other than pointing out the misery and sadness it brings. It is coming, I have no doubt it's coming. Hopefully you dems/libs wake up one day with an “oh shit” moment and understand the damage you helped to do on this country. There will be no one to blame but you dems/libs for helping to bring it about.

TGI

HC_Chief
11-15-2012, 11:56 AM

...if it wins elections...

VAChief
11-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Exit polls showed more of them, by at least 50% voted for the Democrats class warfare arguments. The Republicans didn't make class warfare arguments.

Really no "makers" or "takers?" The 47 percent victims that want something for nothing? You are kidding right?

Mitt should have stood by his gracious concession words, he is just confirming what he later denied as misunderstood in that hidden camera moment.

beer bacon
11-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Really no "makers" or "takers?" The 47 percent victims that want something for nothing? You are kidding right?

Mitt should have stood by his gracious concession words, he is just confirming what he later denied as misunderstood in that hidden camera moment.

It is silly that he ever denied it at all. He was just expressing an integral part of American conservative philosophy. Look at the conservatives posting in this thread. They do believe that this country is divided into "makers and takers" and that the takers are why Obama won. Why not just be open about it?

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Generally, that's not considered class warfare because it's not making an argument for redistribution to take place.

Primarily to those on the left because it reflects their values. There are others that agree with him. His mistake is allowing the press to have a field day.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Do you deny that obama fosters divisions based on class and race?

Do you have a specific example?

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 12:25 PM

Oh brotha! :hmmm:

vailpass
11-15-2012, 12:28 PM

Huh? How does the election change the fact that obama uses class and race division as a cornerstone of his operations?
The fact he was elected despite his abysmal record goes toward proving it, not disproving.

Do you deny that obama and his handlers promote class and racial division among Americans?

vailpass
11-15-2012, 12:32 PM
It is silly that he ever denied it at all. He was just expressing an integral part of American conservative philosophy. Look at the conservatives posting in this thread. They do believe that this country is divided into "makers and takers" and that the takers are why Obama won. Why not just be open about it?

As one of the takers, are you offended by this truth?

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Huh? How does the election change the fact that obama uses class and race division as a cornerstone of his operations?
The fact he was elected despite his abysmal record goes toward proving it, not disproving.

Do you deny that obama and his handlers promote class and racial division among Americans?

Because people believed Romney not Obama was trying to divide this country especially with Romney's 47% comments.

vailpass
11-15-2012, 12:33 PM

You didn't build that question.

vailpass
11-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Because people believed Romney not Obama was trying to divide this country especially with Romney's 47% comments.

LMAO Okay dirk.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 12:36 PM

The country was already divided. The anti-Bush left said Bush had divided it.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 12:39 PM
You didn't build that question.

I never thought of that quote as a class warfare agrument but more of a government does some good vs government is all bad argument.

But I could be wrong

vailpass
11-15-2012, 12:44 PM
I never thought of that quote as a class warfare agrument but more of a government does some good vs government is all bad argument.

But I could be wrong

You are a smart guy. You know obama and his camp engage in these tactics in order to engage and mobilize the black, minority, gay, poor and idealistic (students, young people, et al) voters.

That, and handing out free shit.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 12:53 PM
You are a smart guy. You know obama and his camp engage in these tactics in order to engage and mobilize the black, minority, gay, poor and idealistic (students, young people, et al) voters.

That, and handing out free shit.

Oh phooey. They don't have to engage in any of those tactics all they had to do is watch the Republican Primary debates. ;)

patteeu
11-15-2012, 12:56 PM

Republicans are at war with the unrepentant taker class of the welfare state in the same way that the US is at war with al Qaeda.

Maybe Mitt should have hired me to run his communications operation!

vailpass
11-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Oh phooey. They don't have to engage in any of those tactics all they had to do is watch the Republican Primary debates. ;)

:DYou're a good dude dirk, always have been. Wish you could have got some help before you succumbed to liberalitis but you're a respectable poster here in spite of that.

Cave Johnson
11-15-2012, 01:03 PM
@rolandsmartin
BREAKING NEWS: @MittRomney says Black Friday is a new holiday Obama set aside just for Black voters #obamagifts

Cave Johnson
11-15-2012, 01:03 PM
@couch_dad
I wanted a MacBook but all I got was a dead bin Laden. #obamagifts

Cave Johnson
11-15-2012, 01:04 PM
@bradjshannon
You get a drone strike! YOU get a drone strike! #obamagifts

vailpass
11-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Stop Pittsie. I can't take any more of this hilarity.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 01:07 PM

But I could be wrong
Good government?

Anyone with half a brain knows Obama is the empty suit, unless they're an Obama apologist.
Obama bailed out the so-called wealthy 1% because that includes private bankers that made bad bets and he demanded the taxpayer get them out from under those bad bets. The big lie was that if the banks fail we all fail. It succeeded. Now some of people who paid to bail those bankers out lost their homes because they were out of work, who worked all their lives for their homes. They can't pay their property tax anymore so they have their home taken away. That is not good govt either.

Meanwhile a trillion dollars was lost in world's equity markets. That's a fact. The answer is more austerity with more taxes. That's not good govt either.

And the same wars continue, when plenty in the military want to come home.

These deceivers that keep becoming our presidents—the Bushes, the Clintons... the Obamas. The whole nation is being militarized along with corporatist economics. It's fascism. Nothing changes.

Cave Johnson
11-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Stop Pittsie. I can't take any more of this hilarity.

That's all the semi-funny ones.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-15-2012, 01:12 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gd6aLnPHqeE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass
11-15-2012, 02:20 PM
That's all the semi-funny ones.

They had potential but never quite achieved it.
The Al Davis WR draft pick of tweets.

scott free
11-15-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm really starting to like Bobby Jindal, i loved his statements on this matter, a guy like him is who the repubs need to elevate and get behind if they want to stop shrinking and start growing.

Jindal may yet be presidential quality.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm really starting to like Bobby Jindal, i loved his statements on this matter, a guy like him is who the repubs need to elevate and get behind if they want to stop shrinking and start growing.

Too bad he's part of the warparty though. Not a winner outside the R party. He'd have to change on that.

scott free
11-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Too bad he's part of the warparty though. Not a winner outside the R party. He'd have to change on that.

He has four years to get ready.

Cave Johnson
11-15-2012, 02:54 PM

Presidential nominee quality, maybe. He's pretty religiously extreme (see, e.g., exorcism).

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Presidential nominee quality, maybe. He's pretty religiously extreme (see, e.g., exorcism).
You are aware that the Catholic Church performs exorcisms right? And they support Obamacare even.
Anyhow, he witnessed one in college and the context of what he said has been twisted by the anti-religionists.

What is extreme to one is not to another. Remember your views were once considered very extreme in this country too. This comes across as religious bigotry when we can find quirky things in every religion. I seriously doubt he'd pass legislation on exorcism.

CoMoChief
11-15-2012, 03:10 PM
He's right........50million people on food stamps and don't pay taxes.

You're getting something for free.......but it's not a gift?

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 03:15 PM
You are aware that the Catholic Church performs exorcisms right? And they support Obamacare even.
Anyhow, he witnessed one in college and the context of what he said has been twisted by the anti-religionists.

What is extreme to one is not to another. Remember your views were once considered very extreme in this country too. This comes across as religious bigotry when we can find quirky things in every religion. I seriously doubt he'd pass legislation on exorcism.

The Catholic Church supports ObamaCare?

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 03:25 PM
The Catholic Church supports ObamaCare?
Originally the Bishops supported it—just not abortifacients or abortions.

In another example, Kevin Appleby, a representative of the U.S. Catholic Bishops, explained why the Bishops were so desperate to pass the health care bill. He said that the Bishops wanted a federal health plan to absorb the costs being borne by the nation’s 600 Catholic hospitals to cover illegal aliens.

Not everyone remembers that the Catholic Church supported Obamacare but Presidential-hopeful Rick Santorum remembers: “They embraced it and …here’s what I said to them. Be careful when you have government saying that they can give you rights, that you have a right to health care, and government’s going to give you something, because once you are now dependant on government, they, not only can they take that right away, they can tell you how to exercise that right, and you can either like it or not. And that’s the problem. That’s what the Catholic Bishops Conference didn’t get, that there’s no free lunch here, folks. If you’re going to give people secular power, then they’re going to use it in a secular fashion. And that’s why, you know, I hate to say it, but you know, you had it coming….”

http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/another-deal-with-the-devil-what-did-the-catholic-church-expect/

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 03:30 PM
So what does that all mean? I guess it means they're not so extreme to some.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Originally the Bishops supported it—just not abortifacients or abortions.

http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/another-deal-with-the-devil-what-did-the-catholic-church-expect/

Ok that was just the US bishops not the actual church stance...close enough though. Thanks I didn't know that.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Ok that was just the US bishops not the actual church stance...close enough though. Thanks I didn't know that.

If you check the link, even just what I quoted, for the whole article is does say the Catholic church. I presume that means in the US. The Vatican is in Italy. They shouldn't have a say since they're a foreign govt.

VAChief
11-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Republicans are at war with the unrepentant taker class of the welfare state in the same way that the US is at war with al Qaeda.

That distorted wide brush served them well this last election, but double down on that if you think it was an anomaly.

patteeu
11-15-2012, 04:04 PM
That distorted wide brush served them well this last election, but double down on that if you think it was an anomaly.

It's understandable that people who are on the take and holding their hands out for more don't appreciate being spotlighted for their selfishness.

Sometimes the truth is bad politics.

Edit: BTW, I realize that there are good people who receive benefits from the government but who have reasonable views about limited government. I distinguish those people from the gluttons who want more no matter how detrimental it is to our country (much like the strikers who are about to drive Hostess out of business).

BigRedChief
11-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Don't really have a problem with the comments.If you think Romeny lost because Obama gave voters gifts then be prepared to get run over by the demographic freight train in 2016, again.

KC Dan
11-15-2012, 04:08 PM
If you think Romeny lost because Obama gave voters gifts then be prepared to get run over by the demographic freight train in 2016.because the dems are giving away the entire store by then....

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 04:09 PM
If you think Romeny lost because Obama gave voters gifts then be prepared to get run over by the demographic freight train in 2016.

Why is Obama going allow the floodgates on illegals to allow the Ds to win again?

Math will end this nonsense. That's on our side.

patteeu
11-15-2012, 04:10 PM
If you think Romeny lost because Obama gave voters gifts then be prepared to get run over by the demographic freight train in 2016.

Good luck driving that train when you end up with a pasty, old, white candidate.

Direckshun
11-15-2012, 04:14 PM

If only the DNP was that lucky.

TEX
11-15-2012, 04:14 PM
My guess Mittens he won because he didn't insult half the country and didn't come across as a prick to normal middle class people.

I hear ya - BUT there is some truth to what Romney said. It's not the message, it's his delivery. Did you happen to check how much the food stamp recepiant number increased the month before the election? Probably not because it was delayed until after election day. Anyway, 2.5 MILLION new recepiants (voters) were added. So, he added 17.5 million in 4 years...Brings the total to a little OVER 47 MILLION. Wow...

vailpass
11-15-2012, 04:15 PM
I hear ya - BUT there is some truth to what Romney said. It's not the message, it's his delivery. Did you happen to check how much the food stamp recepiant number increased the month before the election? Probably not because it was delayed until after election day. Anyway, 2.5 MILLION new recepiants (voters) were added. So, he added 17.5 million in 4 years...Brings the total to a little OVER 47 MILLION. Wow...

There are 47 million Americans on foodstamps?
My god. This has to stop.

Direckshun
11-15-2012, 04:15 PM

I would go with "yet."

I think he definitely has the ideas to drag the GOP forward. His performances on the national stage so far have been disappointing, however.

He's quite young, by national political standards. He's got plenty of time to groom.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 04:16 PM
I think he definitely has the ideas to drag the GOP forward. His performances on the national stage so far have been disappointing, however.

Coming from you that means he's probably not disappointing.

BigRedChief
11-15-2012, 04:18 PM
because the dems are giving away the entire store by then....Sounds great !:rockon:

BigRedChief
11-15-2012, 04:24 PM
It's understandable that people who are on the take and holding their hands out for more don't appreciate being spotlighted for their selfishness.

Sometimes the truth is bad politics.

Edit: BTW, I realize that there are good people who receive benefits from the government but who have reasonable views about limited government. I distinguish those people from the gluttons who want more no matter how detrimental it is to our country (much like the strikers who are about to drive Hostess out of business).I'm on board with off loading the free loaders. I can't stand those lazy shits who do nothing but want hand outs like they are owed something. Pisses me off.

It's a affront to those who are seeking a help up not a hand out. We should have a time limit of how long you can receive free stuff from the taxpayer. A limit on how much you can recieve. Have a plan to get off the government dime. Surely there are enough Dems to join the R's to make this happen. It doesn't benefit anyone but the lazy shits that don;t deserve it.

KC Dan
11-15-2012, 04:28 PM
It's a affront to those who are seeking a help up not a hand out. We should have a time limit of how long you can receive free stuff from the taxpayer. A limit on how much you can recieve. Have a plan to get off the government dime. Surely there are enough Dems to join the R's to make this happen. It doesn't benefit anyone but the lazy shits that don;t deserve it.So do you support the continued extending of unemployment benefits from the gov't? If anyone supports not doing so gets hammered by the press and the admin. Because as Pelosi says, extending them is the best stimulous of all. Or, something like that

vailpass
11-15-2012, 04:30 PM
So do you support the continued extending of unemployment benefits from the gov't? If anyone supports not doing so gets hammered by the press and the admin. Because as Pelosi says, extending them is the best stimulous of all. Or, something like that

Ironic considering the only thing that ugly psychotic hag has stimulated in the past 40 years is a gag reflex from her poodle when she tried to make it play the peanut butter game.

BigRedChief
11-15-2012, 04:32 PM
So do you support the continued extending of unemployment benefits from the gov't? If anyone supports not doing so gets hammered by the press and the admin. Because as Pelosi says, extending them is the best stimulous of all. Or, something like thatwhile we were in this deep recession yes, in normal times no. But people pay into unemployment insurance so thats a bad example.

I'm talking food stamps, welfare, free mortgage help, free rent, free college but they dont go to class and get all their living expenses paid.

I dont give a shit if your whole paycheck goes to pay a babysitter and then the government picks up the rest. No one should be allowed to sit on their ass and collect money except those disabled veterans. They have earned and paid the price.

RNR
11-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Telling the truth is not always popular~

vailpass
11-15-2012, 04:34 PM

And is becoming less and less so.

RNR
11-15-2012, 04:41 PM
And is becoming less and less so.

It sure as heck will keep you from getting elected. The scandal on 9/11 pending and fast and furious already under the rug. Oh well if you run as Santa Claus you will be a hero. All these lefties celebrating is amazing to me. His wife said in 2008 it was the first time she was ever proud of her country....2012 is the first time in my life I have ever been ashamed of it~

KChiefer
11-15-2012, 04:45 PM

Neither is being a sore loser. What ever happened to "I was absolutely wrong" about the 47%, Mitt?

Flipper, just thinks it's OK to go back to his "it's the poor's fault" message, because he only has to answer to his donors again, not the majority of America.

patteeu
11-15-2012, 04:48 PM
There are 47 million Americans on foodstamps?
My god. This has to stop.

Don't worry, Obama doesn't need to worry about re-election anymore. Those suckers are expendable now.

blaise
11-15-2012, 04:53 PM
If you think Romeny lost because Obama gave voters gifts then be prepared to get run over by the demographic freight train in 2016, again.

You probably can grasp what the words, "in part," mean.

patteeu
11-15-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm on board with off loading the free loaders. I can't stand those lazy shits who do nothing but want hand outs like they are owed something. Pisses me off.

It's a affront to those who are seeking a help up not a hand out. We should have a time limit of how long you can receive free stuff from the taxpayer. A limit on how much you can recieve. Have a plan to get off the government dime. Surely there are enough Dems to join the R's to make this happen. It doesn't benefit anyone but the lazy shits that don;t deserve it.

I'm not just talking about people like those. I'm talking about ethanol subsidies, child credits, health care expense deductions, student loans, and all kinds of other government subsidies. There are lots of hard working people and even not so hard working people like me receiving those, but that doesn't mean they should get to keep them. We need to trim (or slash) expenses all over the place and everyone needs to recognize that some of the goodies they currently get to take advantage of need to be sacrificed for the greater good.

Fish
11-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Ironic considering the only thing that ugly psychotic hag has stimulated in the past 40 years is a gag reflex from her poodle when she tried to make it play the peanut butter game.

Not gonna lie, that mental picture is pretty hot.....

patteeu
11-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Neither is being a sore loser. What ever happened to "I was absolutely wrong" about the 47%, Mitt?

Flipper, just thinks it's OK to go back to his "it's the poor's fault" message, because he only has to answer to his donors again, not the majority of America.

Whiner.

KChiefer
11-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Whiner.

Agreed. Romney is a whiner.

RNR
11-15-2012, 04:58 PM

Jump for joy Santa won. I have stated over and fucking over I am not a Romney fan. Obama is such an embarrassment I was willing to vote for him. While you dance and gloat we are all fucked. A little over half voted him in with a total joke running against him. Subtract those looking for gifts under the tree and Mitt is elected~

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 04:59 PM

ROFL

BigRedChief
11-15-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm not just talking about people like those. I'm talking about ethanol subsidies, child credits, health care expense deductions, student loans, and all kinds of other government subsidies. There are lots of hard working people and even not so hard working people like me receiving those, but that doesn't mean they should get to keep them. We need to trim (or slash) expenses all over the place and everyone needs to recognize that some of the goodies they currently get to take advantage of need to be sacrificed for the greater good.$3 billion of taxpayer $'s every year to Big Oil who are making $100 Billion in profit every year is insane. Paying people to not grow anything on their land. All these food subsidies need to go. Mortgage dedutions on 2nd homes. morgtage dedutions on first home only up to 1 million. There are a lot of options to make this happen.

KChiefer
11-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Jump for joy Santa won. I have stated over and ****ing over I am not a Romney fan. Obama is such an embarrassment I was willing to vote for him. While you dance and gloat we are all ****ed. A little over half voted him in with a total joke running against him. Subtract those looking for gifts under the tree and Mitt is elected~

Subtract old white men that have desperately latched onto anything they could to discredit the President and Obama is elected.

blaise
11-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Subtract old white men that have desperately latched onto anything they could to discredit the President and Obama is elected.

Subtract voters who decide because someone on MTV told them who to vote for and Romney's back in the lead.

RNR
11-15-2012, 05:04 PM

Keep towing the line...stick to the sound bite responses :rolleyes:

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 05:05 PM

ROFL

KChiefer
11-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Subtract voters who decide because someone on MTV told them who to vote for and Romney's back in the lead.

Subtract people who only have sex in the missionary position and Obama dominates!

KChiefer
11-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Keep towing the line...stick to the sound bite responses :rolleyes:

Back at ya!

RNR
11-15-2012, 05:07 PM
ROFL

Are you laughing because you agree or disagree?

blaise
Subtract people who only have sex in the missionary position and Obama dominates!

Subtract people on food stamps and Rosanne Barr might beat Obama.

vailpass
Not gonna lie, that mental picture is pretty hot.....

LMAO

RNR
11-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Back at ya!

If you think I am a tow the line right winger you have not read much from me...or your are an idiot~

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 05:09 PM

His latest excuse is there was too many debates that allowed him to stay stupid things.

vailpass
11-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Keep on pushing the producers away and you'll end up with the Idiocracy you deserve.

RNR
11-15-2012, 05:13 PM
[LEFT]

His latest excuse is there was too many debates that allowed him to stay stupid things.

That did not seem to hurt Obama so I agree that is a poor excuse~

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Keep on pushing the producers away and you'll end up with the Idiocracy you deserve.

That's right. You get what you reward. Reward non-production you get less. Then more govt takeovers are necessary. That's how the Fabians are working it.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 05:18 PM
[LEFT]

Look, the campaign season is over. Mitt is no longer a candidate for president. You guys are beating a dead horse. Now it's time to focus on the real president. :evil:

Ya' know the guy that can really do stuff to us and our wallets.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Are you laughing because you agree or disagree?

No. I was laughing at his intelligent contribution.ROFL

KChiefer
11-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Subtract people on food stamps and Rosanne Barr might beat Obama.

Subtract white people that are on food-stamps and also voted for Romney and his "entitled victims" schtick would have made sense.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Jindal isn't done smacking Mittens around.

I just wish Jindal had said this during the campaign when Romney insulted half the country

Bobby Jindal isn’t done excoriating Mitt Romney for attributing Obama’s win to the president’s offer of “free stuff” (http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/audio-romney-suggests-democrats-run-on-free-dental-care-in-2016.php?ref=fpnewsfeed) for Democratic voters. On Thursday, the Louisiana governor told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that the former nominee was “completely unhelpful” in his remarks.

“This is not where the Republican party needs to go,” he said. “Look, If you want voters to like you, the first thing you’ve got to do is to like them first. And it’s certainly not helpful to tell voters that you think their votes were bought.”

BigRedChief
11-15-2012, 07:43 PM

I just wish Jindal had said this during the campaign when Romney insulted half the countryA few Republicans are starting to get "it". It's going to be interesting if the republicans try to wrest the Republican party back to the middle from the lurch to the right the last 4 years.

mlyonsd
11-15-2012, 07:52 PM

I just wish Jindal had said this during the campaign when Romney insulted half the country
How did Mittens insult half the country?

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 08:08 PM
A few Republicans are starting to get "it". It's going to be interesting if the republicans try to wrest the Republican party back to the middle from the lurch to the right the last 4 years.

Sounds like it. Even Rubio came out today and disagreed albeit in a nice way with Romney.

How did Mittens insult half the country?

His 47% comment, I rounded up ;)

mlyonsd
11-15-2012, 08:12 PM
His 47% comment, I rounded up ;)Maybe if the guy didn't give away millions every year to charity I might smiley you back.

Calling a guy a douchebag when in reality he has helped thousands is on you, not him.

BigRedChief
11-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Maybe if the guy didn't give away millions every year to charity I might smiley you back.

Calling a guy a douchebag when in reality he has helped thousands is on you, not him.Yes, he gives millions to charity. Mainly to the Mormon church but he does seem to be a good man. But, even good men can be a douch from time to time. Good men have egos and don't see their mistakes. Sometimes good men displace.

Good men does not equal saints.

dirk digler
11-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Maybe if the guy didn't give away millions every year to charity I might smiley you back.

Calling a guy a douchebag when in reality he has helped thousands is on you, not him.

I can't help it his cult forces him to donate 10%. He should join a different one.

BucEyedPea
11-15-2012, 09:10 PM

Yeah, it's a new low for Democrats.

patteeu
11-16-2012, 07:11 AM
$3 billion of taxpayer $'s every year to Big Oil who are making $100 Billion in profit every year is insane. Paying people to not grow anything on their land. All these food subsidies need to go. Mortgage dedutions on 2nd homes. morgtage dedutions on first home only up to 1 million. There are a lot of options to make this happen.

Why only up to 1 million?

What government subsidies do you think you should give up, btw?

BigRedChief
11-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Why only up to 1 million?

What government subsidies do you think you should give up, btw?We need to raise revenue. If you have a million $ house. You don't need to have the taxpayers help you buy your own home.

I don't know of any government subsidy that I've ever received besides the mortgage deduction for homes and the one time cash for clunkers deal. Paid for my own education. Never got a home mortgage or loan backed by the government.

I'd be willing to pay whatever we have to pay on the open market if they government stops corporate welfare for corn, big oil, grain and all the other welfare we cant afford to pay anymore.

Maybe I receive some kind of government help but don't realize it, feel free to enlighten me.

blaise
11-16-2012, 02:06 PM
We need to raise revenue. If you have a million $ house. You don't need to have the taxpayers help you buy your own home.

I don't know of any government subsidy that I've ever received besides the mortgage deduction for homes and the one time cash for clunkers deal. Paid for my own education. Never got a home mortgage or loan backed by the government.

I'd be willing to pay whatever we have to pay on the open market if they government stops corporate welfare for corn, big oil, grain and all the other welfare we cant afford to pay anymore.

Maybe I receive some kind of government help but don't realize it, feel free to enlighten me.

That seems arbitrary.

BigRedChief
11-16-2012, 02:19 PM
That seems arbitrary.of course it is. Anytime you set a line, it's arbitrary. I'm sure we could study the issue and say if we do X value of a house we will get X in additional revenue. See where the most bang for the buck is kind of thing.

BucEyedPea
11-16-2012, 02:22 PM
I don't know of any government subsidy that I've ever received besides the mortgage deduction for homes ...

That's not a subsidy. When you're allowed to keep more of your own money it's not a subsidy. People who usually say that are communists because no one really owns anything.

blaise
11-16-2012, 02:44 PM
of course it is. Anytime you set a line, it's arbitrary. I'm sure we could study the issue and say if we do X value of a house we will get X in additional revenue. See where the most bang for the buck is kind of thing.

Sounds crappy for the people that worked hard to build a nice house.

dirk digler
11-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Mittens has now lost his biggest supporter Jennifer Rubin. I would like to hear the grotesque names\things he called Latinos. Hopefully someone taped it

Frankly there have been whispers at the Republican National Committee and elsewhere that Romney has used even more grotesque language, suggesting that the loss is due to Hispanic voters who have become enamored with Obamacare.

BigCatDaddy
11-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Mittens has now lost his biggest supporter Jennifer Rubin. I would like to hear the grotesque names\things he called Latinos. Hopefully someone taped it

I love rumors and whispers.

dirk digler
11-16-2012, 03:15 PM
I love rumors and whispers.

I normally would agree but she is\was Romney's biggest media fan outside of Fox News

patteeu
11-16-2012, 03:49 PM
We need to raise revenue. If you have a million $ house. You don't need to have the taxpayers help you buy your own home.

We need revenue so why not remove or reduce the subsidy for homes under $1 million too?

The mortgage deduction is a big one. Have you ever taken a deduction for charitable contributions? When you worked in the private sector, if you ever had health insurance through your employer (or your spouse's employer), it was subsidized. If you've ever had kids and claimed them as dependents, that would be another one. Almost all of us benefit in one way or another from either a government spending program or a targeted tax break. I'm just tired of people agreeing that we should cut spending or raise taxes, but only on the other guy. I'm sure that wasn't your intent.

patteeu
11-16-2012, 03:55 PM
That's not a subsidy. When you're allowed to keep more of your own money it's not a subsidy. People who usually say that are communists because no one really owns anything.

Wrong. When you jack up the rate on everyone so you can give a tax break for some favored activity, it's no different than taxing everyone and then writing a check to people who participate in that favored activity.

BigRedChief
11-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Sounds crappy for the people that worked hard to build a nice house.well they will have a million $ house to comfort them while they feel crappy.

Where would you like to find revenue? It's impossible to cut 6 trillion out of the budget. So lets hear your ideas to generate revenue?

BigRedChief
11-16-2012, 05:03 PM
The mortgage deduction is a big one. Have you ever taken a deduction for charitable contributions? When you worked in the private sector, if you ever had health insurance through your employer (or your spouse's employer), it was subsidized.How is private health care through an employer subsidized?

blaise
11-16-2012, 05:13 PM
well they will have a million $ house to comfort them while they feel crappy.

Where would you like to find revenue? It's impossible to cut 6 trillion out of the budget. So lets hear your ideas to generate revenue?

Why does the dollar amount matter then? Someone in a $250,000 home has that to comfort them, too. I'm sure many people who live in squalor think that someone in a 4 BR 2,200 square foot home are living well. Why not include them?

BigRedChief
11-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Why does the dollar amount matter then? Someone in a $250,000 home has that to comfort them, too. I'm sure many people who live in squalor think that someone in a 4 BR 2,200 square foot home are living well. Why not include them?you answer my question first.

patteeu
11-16-2012, 05:40 PM
How is private health care through an employer subsidized?

The employer portion is tax deductible to the employer (like wages) but not taxable to the employee (unlike wages). The employee contribution comes from pretax dollars (so you don't pay income taxes on it).

BigRedChief
11-16-2012, 09:42 PM
The employer portion is tax deductible to the employer (like wages) but not taxable to the employee (unlike wages). The employee contribution comes from pretax dollars (so you don't pay income taxes on it).That just happens automatically? How much is that benefit add up to per week? Year?

patteeu
11-17-2012, 05:30 AM
That just happens automatically? How much is that benefit add up to per week? Year?

Yes, it's been a part of the tax code for decades.

If your annual premium is $5000 and the tax rate is 20% ( just to make the math easy), it would be $1000 per year.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-17-2012, 05:48 AM

If your annual premium is $5000 and the tax rate is 20% ( just to make the math easy), it would be $1000 per year.

This is absolutely correct. Your health insurance is deducted pre-tax. So you're not paying taxes on that money, therefore it is subsidized.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-17-2012, 05:49 AM
Never thought that'd happen, did ya Pat? ;)

BigRedChief
11-17-2012, 06:36 AM

If your annual premium is $5000 and the tax rate is 20% ( just to make the math easy), it would be $1000 per year.Okay, to the original question, I'd give this up to help the deficit.

What are you going to give up?

patteeu
11-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Okay, to the original question, I'd give this up to help the deficit.

What are you going to give up?

I've already listed several things that would impact me. Most of the policies I advocate here would hit me in the pocketbook because I'm more interested in shrinking government and realigning our priorities to become more globally competitive than I am in protecting my special pieces of the pie.

BigRedChief
11-17-2012, 07:38 AM
I've already listed several things that would impact me. Most of the policies I advocate here would hit me in the pocketbook because I'm more interested in shrinking government and realigning our priorities to become more globally competitive than I am in protecting my special pieces of the pie.Did you say those things when we were having a discussion? If so, sorry but can you provide me what those several things are are?

patteeu
11-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Did you say those things when we were having a discussion? If so, sorry but can you provide me what those several things are are?

Yeah, some of the things I mentioned in post 133 would impact me. Just to make it easy on you though, things like child credits, health insurance tax breaks, entitlement reform that reduces benefits, replacing the income tax with a flat tax on consumption, and reducing or eliminating the home mortgage deduction are all things I'd support that would either impact me today or in future years. I think everything should be on the table and our priorities should be national defense and aligning our economy for growth and competitiveness in a global market. Transfer payments to supplement the standards of living of the poor and the middle class should take a back seat to those two goals.

BigRedChief
11-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Yeah, some of the things I mentioned in post 133 would impact me. Just to make it easy on you though, things like child credits, health insurance tax breaks, entitlement reform that reduces benefits, replacing the income tax with a flat tax on consumption, and reducing or eliminating the home mortgage deduction are all things I'd support that would either impact me today or in future years. I think everything should be on the table and our priorities should be national defense and aligning our economy for growth and competitiveness in a global market. Transfer payments to supplement the standards of living of the poor and the middle class should take a back seat to those two goals.I could get behind most of those ideas. :thumb: Going to start a new thread about this.