PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs "Chiefs fans are focusing too much on the little things"

MoreLemonPledge
11-15-2012, 09:38 AM
I talked to a fairly high profile defensive starter the other day. Of course, I had to ask what was going on with the team and what the feeling was in the locker room. He said "The fans are focusing too much on the little things". I didn't pry too much more, but I thought it was a very interesting comment.

Also, Romeo was pretty pissed about the dancing thing and definitely addressed it with the team.

KC Dan
11-15-2012, 09:39 AM
yeah, like winning. f'n fans.......

Reerun_KC
I talked to a fairly high profile defensive starter the other day. Of course, I had to ask what was going on with the team and what the feeling was in the locker room. He said "The fans are focusing too much on the little things". I didn't pry too much more, but I thought it was a very interesting comment.

Also, Romeo was pretty pissed about the dancing thing and definitely addressed it with the team.

OOOOO Roleo is so scary....

theelusiveeightrop
Little things, like winning.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-15-2012, 09:40 AM
The QB is just a little thing. But the head coach is big and fat.

KC Tattoo
11-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Little things? What the hell is he talking about? The big issue is Pioli & Matt Cassell that is what we've been hammering at.

gblowfish
11-15-2012, 09:41 AM
I wonder how that player would like to PAY $125 a game to watch this crap?

SNR
11-15-2012, 09:41 AM
What did you need at Best Buy?

KC Tattoo
11-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Oh and please let them dance and celebrate that cost them penalties. That is entertaining us. This is 50 years of Chiefs football, I want to be entertained.

Rausch
11-15-2012, 09:44 AM
yeah, like winning. f'n fans.......

This.

It's like having some computer that dies on you and when you call support you get some Indian guy who says his name is "Tom" and starts off by asking you if it's plugged in.

The average fan is more knowledgable than ever and this franchise treats us like 13 year old girls unhappy with the new Twilight movie...

notorious
11-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Wow, even the players are completely ****ing clueless.

The little things are what win games. The Chiefs are ****ing up the Big things, little things, EVERYTHING!

**** him and the entire franchise. I refuse to listen to a losers opinion on anything.

the Talking Can
11-15-2012, 09:45 AM
he should kill himself

Rausch
The little things is what wins games.

Not understanding this is why we lose and why this team is horrid...

okoye35chiefs

Right, like penalties or not turning the ball over... those little things

suds79
Yep.

Clearly when you look at threads over the last several months, GM, HC, QB and ownership is focusing too much on the little things.

Idiotic take. Nothing to see here. Move along.

mdchiefsfan
11-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Time to go after Clark. Thats the only bigger step we could take. Message received anonymous, message received.

theelusiveeightrop
11-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Chiefs have high profile defensive starters? Who knew?

bobbything
Fans aren't privy to the "little things," like play-calls, what goes on in practice, game film, scouting, etc. The intricacies of what makes football teams run.

What we are privy to is the results of the little things. And that's all we're focused on. Whatever those little things are, the Chiefs aren't doing them well enough.

DaKCMan AP
Let's think about this. What little things could he be referring to?

Little things:
# of W's
# of pts scored
Cassel's QB rating
Chiefs average yards per play

Rausch
11-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Right, like penalties or not turning the ball over... those little things

WR's catching footballs, Safeties making a tackle, O line blocking.

Simple stuff...

MoreLemonPledge
11-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Chiefs have high profile defensive starters? Who knew?

Well, relatively speaking.

notorious
11-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Was he smiling from sarcasm when he said that?

Context is everything. If he was dead serious he needs to go fuck himself.

Dayze
11-15-2012, 09:53 AM
should've told him that's the only thing for us to focus on since it's obvious this team will never do anything to make us focus on the big things; ...you know, like playoff wins and the Superbowl.

and it's obivious the players are spending too much time on the little things becuase they sure as fuck aren't focusing on anything that helps them win.

stonedstooge
11-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Did you ask him if little things included that fucking dance they did in the endzone? Are they concentrating too much on little things like 15 yard penalties?

theelusiveeightrop
11-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Well, relatively speaking.

No offense intended to you or your friend.

lcarus
11-15-2012, 10:01 AM
a fairly high profile defensive starter

Jovan Belcher? Kendrick Lewis? Jackson? Poe?

Dayze
11-15-2012, 10:01 AM
after he said that, you should've said "Yeah, and so is your GM"

MoreLemonPledge
11-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Was he smiling from sarcasm when he said that?

Context is everything. If he was dead serious he needs to go fuck himself.

He wasn't being sarcastic. Or, if he was, I sure as hell couldn't tell. He doesn't talk much. I was surprised he said that much.

Bearcat
11-15-2012, 10:04 AM
1929!

King_Chief_Fan
11-15-2012, 10:05 AM

sounds like the players are now in the "too high expectations" sound bite

notorious
11-15-2012, 10:06 AM
He wasn't being sarcastic. Or, if he was, I sure as hell couldn't tell. He doesn't talk much. I was surprised he said that much.

Well, we are frustrated with everything, but I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to be on a horrible team with terrible leadership.

As far as fans are concerned, they should keep all comments to themselves.

King_Chief_Fan
11-15-2012, 10:06 AM
should've told him that's the only thing for us to focus on since it's obvious this team will never do anything to make us focus on the big things; ...you know, like playoff wins and the Superbowl.

and it's obivious the players are spending too much time on the little things becuase they sure as **** aren't focusing on anything that helps them win.

yup
They are out of practice with those celebrations dances

siberian khatru
11-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Let's think about this. What little things could he be referring to?

Little things:
# of W's
# of pts scored
Cassel's QB rating
Chiefs average yards per play

The general manager

SNR
11-15-2012, 10:08 AM

Were you wearing a horse shirt? Could you tell if he was wincing?

siberian khatru
11-15-2012, 10:09 AM

http://www.animalshirts.net/horseshirts/wild.jpg

bevischief
11-15-2012, 10:09 AM
So what does he think is a big thing? Or was this code to blow the whole thing up?

Marcellus
11-15-2012, 10:10 AM
The players don't live in the same reality as the fans. This isn't new or a surprise. Do you think even the bad players like T. Jackson thinks he is a shitty player?

This is why they need strong leadership to keep them focused and driven. We don't have any of that.

Marcellus
11-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Someone needs to link the KFC 'Little Deal" commercial. I cant because I am at work.

LMAO

Dayze
11-15-2012, 10:14 AM
I've concluded that 90% of the players in the NFL could give a shit if they win or lose.
and piss on rivalries - rivalries are dead for 90% of the players.

the NFL is evolving into a turd.
I watch the old games on ESPN Classic, etc, and even the TV presentation is better.
I think all these GD cameras on the field and al the angles just stirs the pot and makes these dudes turn into WWF wrestlers. Get a sack? ....celebrate like you one the super bowl. make a tackle? get up and shake your finger back and forth. Catch a 6 yard pass? get up and spin the ball on the ground.

Poop

/rant.

MoreLemonPledge

Haha. All I will say is that, judging by the Favorite Current Chief thread, a lot of people would be very disappointed.

Iowanian
Little things............like no playoff wins since Microwave ovens were the size of a smart car.

KC Tattoo
I hate threads like this. I mean give us some damn information that we don't have to guess upon.

Iowanian
11-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Little things like nearly 500 minutes of game time with no lead..........

MoreLemonPledge
11-15-2012, 10:16 AM
I hate threads like this. I mean give us some damn information that we don't have to guess upon.

I would love to give you more, but it wouldn't be proper and could get me into some shit. I told all I know other than the actual player's name, which is more or less irrelevant.

Iowanian
11-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Little things.....like no championships during the lifetime of a 40 year old Chiefs fan......

Iowanian
11-15-2012, 10:17 AM
So Lemon....

Do you know this player or did he just purchase a slurpy from your counter?

Marcellus
11-15-2012, 10:17 AM
So Lemon....

Dude, Lemon works at a kiosk in the mall selling instructional dance videos.

Rausch
11-15-2012, 10:19 AM
Little things............like no playoff wins since Microwave ovens were the size of a smart car.

The last time the Chiefs won a playoff game I had school mates that were still on a party line.

Yes. Seriously...

KC Tattoo
Haha. All I will say is that, judging by the Favorite Current Chief thread, a lot of people would be very disappointed.

Was it Houston or Tamba Hali?

MoreLemonPledge
So Lemon....

Not personally, but he does purchase proverbial slurpies from the counter quite often.

KC Tattoo
Was it Houston or Tamba Hali?

DJ?

Rausch
11-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Not personally, but he does purchase proverbial slurpies from the counter quite often.

:facepalm:

bobbything
11-15-2012, 10:21 AM
The last time the Chiefs won a playoff game I had school mates that were still on a party line.

Yes. Seriously...
Last time the Chiefs won a playoff game I was laughing my ass off to the "Schottenheimer Polka" and placing a yellow and red colored band-aid over my nose.

F**k this team.

Predarat
11-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Little things, like the fucking scoreboard
Little things, like that fucking airplane
Little things, like fucking pre game BBQs
Little things, like the fucking ticket prices for a 1-XX team

ForeverChiefs58
11-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Little things. That's humorous.

And the team doesn't focus on the big things, like winning.

HC_Chief
11-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Interesting the question was (paraphrased) "what's the team's perception of this clusterfack of a season?" and the response was in reference to the FANS.

WTF

tk13
11-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Interesting the question was (paraphrased) "what's the team's perception of this clusterfack of a season?" and the response was in reference to the FANS.

WTF

I would venture to guess Winston isn't the only one who thinks the fans have turned on them. He was probably the only one dumb enough to say anything about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Iowanian
11-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Little things..............like Matt Cassel's TD-INT ratio? The Chiefs Turnover-Scoring ratio versus their opponents?

Little things like....the number of years since the Chiefs have beaten the hated Raiders AT HOME.

Iowanian
11-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Little things.

One is the exact number of W's in the Chiefs record.

Yeah.....we're definitely concerned about "the little things"

morphius
11-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Maybe they just know they have to suck to get rid of Matt Cassel, so the little thing is this season, the big thing is getting a long term answer at QB.

morphius
wishful thinking, lol

ChiefRocka
11-15-2012, 10:51 AM
http://shewalkssoftly.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/tony-little-gazelle.jpg

okoye35chiefs
11-15-2012, 11:03 AM
don't sweat the small stuff right...

they need to leave enough time for dance revolution gaming...

to prepare their next dance

Otter
11-15-2012, 11:05 AM
GoChiefs has Mommy issues, water is wet, the sky is blue, I promise not to cum in your mouth, check is in the mail.

Rausch
11-15-2012, 11:06 AM
GoChiefs has Mommy issues, water is wet, the sky is blue, I promise not to cum in your mouth, check is in the mail.

Pretty much covers it all.

I'm out...

Fried Meat Ball!
11-15-2012, 11:17 AM

You said he doesn't talk much, I'd guess Tamba.

Dragonocho
11-15-2012, 11:20 AM

I like Coca Cola Slurpies, Proverbial Slurpies taste like crap. Maybe that's the problem, too many proverbial slurpies.

whoman69
11-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Teams that focus on the little things win games. There are teams out there like the Cowboys that do all the big things but you know a few times in the game they are going to lose because of the little things.

Frankly I think as fans we have been focused on big picture. QB and GM. That's about as big picture as you get.

Reerun_KC
11-15-2012, 12:20 PM

:clap:

BoneKrusher
11-15-2012, 12:25 PM
the fans patience have worn thin after 4 years of the little things.

we need:
1. A New GM
2. A Franchise QB
3. A New Coaching Staff.

scott free
11-15-2012, 12:27 PM
I wonder how that player would like to PAY $125 a game to watch this crap?

$125 is like a handful of sand off a beach to this guy.

We should just be thankful for the opportunity to watch them lose.

Reerun_KC
11-15-2012, 12:29 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/big-boobs-cleavage-2-e1339968741773.jpg?w=500&h=372

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-15-2012, 12:29 PM

Stopped reading after that.

Reerun_KC
11-15-2012, 12:33 PM
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Sports/images-2/big-boobs-asian-pantyhose-girl.jpg

scho63
11-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Focused on the little things? The ONLY little thing is the amount of wins this POS team has put up! If this is true and not some fake BS, the player who said this should blow out their ACL in a career ending injury.

DeezNutz
11-15-2012, 01:19 PM
I hope that you suggested he swallow a little cyanide.

Reerun_KC
11-15-2012, 01:20 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnFylIkqIUPvcofsP1NQOBWkamQvcnA9V5jWQZelGCGvAL-bdy7NmCg4MaZA

Mile High Mania
11-15-2012, 01:20 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0sZZroOOvkumQjCcnLb0jmZPWh_Bucb3YhMqx2pfmOqa302XY

Graystoke
11-15-2012, 01:38 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0sZZroOOvkumQjCcnLb0jmZPWh_Bucb3YhMqx2pfmOqa302XY

I like where this thread is going.:clap:

siberian khatru
11-15-2012, 01:44 PM

http://www.my-lake-como-holiday.com/wp-content/uploads/images/Activities/Motorboat/motorboat.jpg

mr. tegu
11-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Maybe this player is under the impression we the fans are demanding improvement in the record THIS season and want the team to win more games the rest of the way. Thus, we are not focusing on the big picture, which is losing games this season and getting a QB next season and also being rid of Pioli and RAC.

Woodchuck
11-15-2012, 02:36 PM
If we are focusing on the little things, then what are the big things?

DTLB58
11-15-2012, 02:38 PM

Oh, You mean, like the 30 turnovers in 9 games? ROFL

NJChiefsFan
11-15-2012, 02:40 PM

Well this is ironic because Chief fans don't give a fuck about this "little thing". Its that small bit about winning a playoff game. What a bunch of nitpickers we are.

DTLB58
11-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Time to go after Clark. Thats the only bigger step we could take. Message received anonymous, message received.

Next Banner: CLARK MUST SELL!

DJKid
11-15-2012, 03:26 PM

Yep, completely fucking accurate statement. We are all focused on the little things. For example, that little fucking number in the wins column. Put a big number in that column and I'll quit focusing on it. I'd like to go off on your big fucking paycheck, Pissholis incompetence, Rolos ignorance, and this teams desire.......but I can't, they are to fucking big for me to give a rats ass about, I'll just go back to worrying about that little number in the wins column. :shake: