PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Racial Slurs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mr. Flopnuts
11-17-2012, 05:58 AM
We're having some posts being reported for the use of racial slurs in this forum. While it is widely known that there is some racism that goes on in this forum, those users have found a way to dance around the issue enough that the majority of moderators of this website have deemed the behavior fine for now.

It's really not okay to me at all. I don't believe that people of color should be subjected to that shit over political affiliations. That said, I'm a firm believer in a majority consensus so it is what it is at this point.

That said, overtly racial slurs will result in bannings. It is a bullet point in the TOS of this website, and not much is out of bounds. One user has already been banned, and another one has been warned. If you insist on trying to dance around racist comments, please be prepared for a vacation if you use a term that is deemed racist by the moderators. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-17-2012, 05:59 AM
I'm going to leave this stickied for the weekend.

BigRedChief
11-17-2012, 06:29 AM
I have posted a lot about the unnecessary personal attacks on this board. Just because its DC doesn't mean you are allowed to insult to just insult.

We can get in peoples faces, tell them their ideas or opinions are really stupid, idiotic etc be as harsh as you desire. But IMHO we can and should refrain from personal attacks. Attack the idea/position, not the person.

blaise
11-17-2012, 06:58 AM
I have posted a lot about the unnecessary personal attacks on this board. Just because its DC doesn't mean you are allowed to insult to just insult.

We can get in peoples faces, tell them their ideas or opinions are really stupid, idiotic etc be as harsh as you desire. But IMHO we can and should refrain from personal attacks. Attack the idea/position, not the person.

That's a moronic opinion. How fucking idiotic.

patteeu
11-17-2012, 07:23 AM
When you say "dance around", I assume you mean they don't actually say racist things, but instead say things that a racist might say and that Mr. Flopnuts imagines have hidden racist meanings. Right?

patteeu
11-17-2012, 07:24 AM
BTW, I think that anyone who says "people of color" should be banned and I've reported the original post.

patteeu
11-17-2012, 07:26 AM
Is there a list of unacceptable slurs anywhere? When we have an official filter that creates the word "pillowbiter" it's really hard to know where the line is drawn. BTW, speaking of filters, I would think that the filter could protect us from these offensive words. Is there something more offensive about the word "raghead" than "pillowbiter"?

patteeu
11-17-2012, 07:28 AM

That's not a DC thing. Have you ever visited the Lounge?

BigRedChief
11-17-2012, 07:36 AM
That's a moronic opinion. How fucking idiotic.thats the spirit :thumb:

Mr. Flopnuts
11-17-2012, 07:52 AM
When you say "dance around", I assume you mean they don't actually say racist things, but instead say things that a racist might say and that Mr. Flopnuts imagines have hidden racist meanings. Right?

No. The posts are being reported. So it's not just me. Thanks for the vote of confidence though Pat. Sorry the one drum I beat is acceptable to you. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Donger
11-17-2012, 08:01 AM
I don't believe that people of color should be subjected to that shit over political affiliations.

Why are you limiting that to just colored people? Are slurs against non-colored people (e.g., White) acceptable?

patteeu
11-17-2012, 08:08 AM
No. The posts are being reported. So it's not just me. Thanks for the vote of confidence though Pat. Sorry the one drum I beat is acceptable to you. That's the way it goes sometimes.

I didn't mean to suggest that you're the only one who let's their imagination run wild. Political correctness is a widespread problem.

I don't have a problem with a ban on slurs, but I think they should be listed somewhere so that people are on notice. And I don't think people should be able to get away with calling people pillowbiters or honkies or white trash or redneck or uncle tom if we're going to be so sensitive to raghead or camel jockey or beaner. I don't think I use any of those words as slurs, but it's hard to draw a line without coming across as favoring one group over another (Arabs over gays, for example). I think the list of banned slurs should be really short, but whether it's long or short, once you have a list, why not just put a filter in and leave it at that?

blaise
11-17-2012, 08:10 AM
That's not a DC thing. Have you ever visited the Lounge?

Probably more of it in the lounge, if anything.

3rd&48ers
11-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Can we still talk shit about Obama or is that racist?

jspchief
11-17-2012, 09:07 AM
So vailpass is on notice.

And now we get to read endless posts from people pretending the rules around here are just too abstract for them to fully comprehend. They think they are being clever and subtle about getting all butthurt.

ROYC75
11-17-2012, 09:08 AM

Well to the many Liberals here, Uh, Yeah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Flop ..... I too agree with pat on this issue. This is the country of free people, freedom of speech! Just how are we to know of this EVER GROWING LIST OF RACIAL SLURS ? Sometimes in the heat of a disagreement or argument a word here or there will slip away on the keyboard. After all we are just humans living within our 1st amendment. Rather or not we agree is one thing, the point is we do feel that this is a peaceful gathering of members. IMHO, the only time moderation should be needed is when the peaceful discussions does wander off to a heated, derogatory event.

This world is becoming so butthurt over tender feelings of the Muslim world, Hispanics, African Americans ( of which I know many blacks, colored people that hate that term )etc. My grandson's ass is brown as milk chocolate and he will tell me he is an American, that he was just left in the oven longer than me. I teach all of my grand kids ( of which are biracial ) that we don't care what color of skin a person has, they are still a person of this world. If we call somebody a name for comical reasons in a discussion, it's racial ? I've been called a racist in this forum by people who do not have an earthly clue of what they are talking about. Come by my house some day when the grand sons are here, you will find anywhere from 3 to 12 boys of different ethnics here, either playing ball in the ( big back ) yard or in my house at times. Yet in this forum we let the atheist, non Christians continue to assault the church, degrade Christians and it's acceptable? YES!!!! IT'S OUR RIGHTS BY THE 1ST!

So I ask this question, Why can't the filter just be set to this supposed call list and let the people have their freedom of speech?

IMHO, I think that CP has very few members that can really be counted upon as racist. Even then they will not show it unless provoked.

I just do not want to see moderation being administered against the rights of our 1st amendment.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-17-2012, 09:08 AM

Reported. :D

BucEyedPea
11-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Does insulting people because they're "white" count?
Example : "pasty white people" and
Thread-"Sad white people who liked Romney"

Ya' know reverse racism?

BucEyedPea
11-17-2012, 09:11 AM
After all we are just humans living within our 1st amendment. Rather or not we agree is one thing, the point is we do feel that this is a peaceful gathering of members. IMHO, the only time moderation should be needed is when the peaceful discussions does wander off to a heated, derogatory event.

First Amendment applies to what the government can't do. Not a private entity. Be a conservative now!

3rd&48ers
11-17-2012, 09:19 AM
There are no 1st amendment rights on a privately owned website.

Bowser
11-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Since when is ChiefsPlanet a democracy?

Rules have been laid down. Follow them or GTFO. Apparently that's a hard thought for some to follow.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Well to the many Liberals here, Uh, Yeah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Flop ..... I too agree with pat on this issue. This is the country of free people, freedom of speech! Just how are we to know of this EVER GROWING LIST OF RACIAL SLURS ? Sometimes in the heat of a disagreement or argument a word here or there will slip away on the keyboard. After all we are just humans living within our 1st amendment. Rather or not we agree is one thing, the point is we do feel that this is a peaceful gathering of members. IMHO, the only time moderation should be needed is when the peaceful discussions does wander off to a heated, derogatory event.

This world is becoming so butthurt over tender feelings of the Muslim world, Hispanics, African Americans ( of which I know many blacks, colored people that hate that term )etc. My grandson's ass is brown as milk chocolate and he will tell me he is an American, that he was just left in the oven longer than me. I teach all of my grand kids ( of which are biracial ) that we don't care what color of skin a person has, they are still a person of this world. If we call somebody a name for comical reasons in a discussion, it's racial ? I've been called a racist in this forum by people who do not have an earthly clue of what they are talking about. Come by my house some day when the grand sons are here, you will find anywhere from 3 to 12 boys of different ethnics here, either playing ball in the ( big back ) yard or in my house at times. Yet in this forum we let the atheist, non Christians continue to assault the church, degrade Christians and it's acceptable? YES!!!! IT'S OUR RIGHTS BY THE 1ST!

So I ask this question, Why can't the filter just be set to this supposed call list and let the people have their freedom of speech?

IMHO, I think that CP has very few members that can really be counted upon as racist. Even then they will not show it unless provoked.

I just do not want to see moderation being administered against the rights of our 1st amendment.

I agree with some of this however your hatred of Arabs has been noted. You are aware there are many Palestinian Christians right? I should say they will probably be the first ones into heaven enduring what they do from both sides. We are here to help ALL people see the light not just the ones you think should be there.

ROYC75
11-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Does insulting people because they're "white" count?
Example : "pasty white people" and
Thread-"Sad white people who liked Romney"

Ya' know reverse racism?

Not here or in the butthurt world.

ROYC75
11-17-2012, 09:40 AM
First Amendment applies to what the government can't do. Not a private entity. Be a conservative now!

Point taken..

Peaceful gathering, free speech was what I was trying to make. Should the private entity follow the same right for the people ?

ROYC75
11-17-2012, 09:41 AM
There are no 1st amendment rights on a privately owned website.

Guess my rant is invalid !:doh!:

Censorship has won !

jspchief
11-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Should the private entity follow the same right for the people ?
No.

BucEyedPea
11-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Point taken..

Peaceful gathering, free speech was what I was trying to make. Should the private entity follow the same right for the people ?

I don't decide for millions of private entities. That's their choice. That's the idea.

ROYC75
11-17-2012, 09:50 AM
I agree with some of this however your hatred of Arabs has been noted.

Proof ? What makes you think I have hatred for Arabs ?
Just because I think they are stupid to wager jihadist war for land they do not own yet have been given land many times ? So calling them stupid or using a word they find offense through political correctness is hatred or racist when anybody that truly knows me differently.

You are aware there are many Palestinian Christians right? I should say they will probably be the first ones into heaven enduring what they do from both sides. We are here to help ALL people see the light not just the ones you think should be there.

Yes, but the Palestinian Christians are not involved with Hamas. To be honest, many of them will pay the price because of the jihadist.

Do think it Palestinian Christians are the ones launching rockets daily into Israel? Me knowing you, I bet you don't.

|Zach|
11-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Guess my rant is invalid !:doh!:

Censorship has won !

Your stupidity knows absolutely no limits.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Proof ? What makes you think I have hatred for Arabs ?
Just because I think they are stupid to wager jihadist war for land they do not own yet have been given land many times ? So calling them stupid or using a word they find offense through political correctness is hatred or racist when anybody that truly knows me differently.

Yes, but the Palestinian Christians are not involved with Hamas. To be honest, many of them will pay the price because of the jihadist.

Do think it Palestinian Christians are the ones launching rockets daily into Israel? Me knowing you, I bet you don't.

I think that is not our battle, we should pray for all involved but not join either side as that is what Jesus would want from us. Now if either side is/was truly a threat to America then I'm all in.

theelusiveeightrop
11-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Is this thread related to the Georgia food stamp thread?

Brock
11-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Whatever you say, honky.

3rd&48ers
11-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Whatever you say, honky.

Reported

theelusiveeightrop
See Katt Williams thread in Llllllllounge.

Bump
can we see some examples? which posts got someone banned? I'm in the mood for some lulz

blaise
11-17-2012, 10:50 AM
I think someone saying beaner to KC Native was one.

blaise
11-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Didn't know that was auto-filtered. Rhymes with leaner.

3rd&48ers
11-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Is this thread related to the Georgia food stamp thread?

Nope, I hate scumbags that are stealing from the system that is there to help the real needy...

White or Black, if you are a scumbag parasite you make me sick.

theelusiveeightrop
11-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Nope, I hate scumbags that are stealing from the system that is there to help the real needy...

White or Black, if you are a scumbag parasite you make me sick.

Sarcasm is so hard to project in print.

Calcountry
11-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Why are you limiting that to just colored people? Are slurs against non-colored people (e.g., White) acceptable?Of course they are.

Calcountry
11-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Whatever you say, honky.Shut up cracker.

J Diddy
11-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Is there a list of unacceptable slurs anywhere? When we have an official filter that creates the word "pillowbiter" it's really hard to know where the line is drawn. BTW, speaking of filters, I would think that the filter could protect us from these offensive words. Is there something more offensive about the word "raghead" than "pillowbiter"?

And...............away goes patteeu. Yep we should change nothing or everything. It's that black and white.

I would think the majority agreed that there is a ton of implied racism here. Just because it's not spelled out for you doesn't mean it isn't there.

mlyonsd
11-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Just when you thought this forum couldn't get anymore stupid along comes this thread.

BucEyedPea
11-17-2012, 11:44 AM
And...............away goes patteeu. Yep we should change nothing or everything. It's that black and white.

I would think the majority agreed that there is a ton of implied racism here. Just because it's not spelled out for you doesn't mean it isn't there.

I thought this was about racial slurs....not implied racism. The latter is going too far, especially when conversing with lefties. It's everywhere to them. Silly.

SNR
11-17-2012, 11:46 AM
The game is up, vailpass.

SNR
11-17-2012, 11:51 AM
You mean like when vailpass tries to get under KC Native's skin and implies all the racist things about Mexicans that he can think of without using the nasty terms?

Yeah, vailpass is totally harmless in that case!

Just give it up, Pat.

CoMoChief
11-17-2012, 11:55 AM
anyone wanna hear what i think about michael irvin? it's perfect for this thread.

BucEyedPea
11-17-2012, 12:01 PM
anyone wanna hear what i think about michael irvin? it's perfect for this thread.

I do.

J Diddy
11-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Just when you thought this forum couldn't get anymore stupid along comes this thread.

I was thinking more in terms of specifics like the post I'm quoting right now.

Seriously.

J Diddy
11-17-2012, 12:29 PM

Yeah, we've been dying to hear your <s>educated</s> opinion.

stevieray
11-17-2012, 12:53 PM
'Amurica'

dirk digler
11-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Who got banned?

Also as a white guy I will gladly call another white person white trash or redneck and there is nothing offensive about it.

Brock
11-17-2012, 01:25 PM
That tard livestream got banned. and nothing of value was lost.

3rd&48ers
11-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Who got banned?

Also as a white guy I will gladly call another white person white trash or redneck and there is nothing offensive about it.

Reported

Discuss Thrower
11-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Who got banned?

You forgot cracker.

dirk digler
11-17-2012, 01:39 PM
That tard livestream got banned. and nothing of value was lost.

awesome and thanks

dirk digler
11-17-2012, 01:41 PM
You forgot cracker.

I love crackers especially the white Saltine ones

go bowe
11-17-2012, 01:47 PM
i had some oyster crackers last night, really good on soup...

BucEyedPea
11-17-2012, 01:48 PM
I love crackers especially the white Saltine ones

I don't eat anything white. I prefer natural whole grains—especially dark rye. :D

Mr. Kotter
11-17-2012, 01:50 PM
... dark rye.

Light rye is offended. Reported.

dirk digler
11-17-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't eat anything white. I prefer natural whole grains—especially dark rye. :D

I bet you like dark things to eat :)

3rd&48ers
11-17-2012, 02:02 PM
i had some oyster crackers last night, really good on soup...

Oyster Stew and Oyster Crackers are tha bomb

patteeu
11-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Since when is ChiefsPlanet a democracy?

Rules have been laid down. Follow them or GTFO. Apparently that's a hard thought for some to follow.

Are you unaware of the democratic tradition of his board, noob? Many decisions around here have been made by a vote of the community, including the creation of the DC forum. I'm embarrassed for you.

|Zach|
11-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Are you unaware of the democratic tradition of his board, noob? Many decisions around here have been made by a vote of the community, including the creation of the DC forum. I'm embarrassed for you.

The only tradition that is held up on ChiefsPlanet 100% is you loving...encouraging...and aligning yourself with racists and hateful people.

Big fan of yours though keep up the good work.

J Diddy
11-17-2012, 02:14 PM

Could you please show me the rule that was made making it okay to use a racist tone, just as long as you don't actual use name calling to do it? I didn't get to vote on that one and I've been here just as long as you.

3rd&48ers
11-17-2012, 02:18 PM
The only tradition that is held up on ChiefsPlanet 100% is you loving...encouraging...and aligning yourself with racists and hateful people.

I have always been told that it takes a racist to identify one

Mr. Flopnuts
11-17-2012, 02:21 PM
White people problems...

J Diddy
11-17-2012, 02:22 PM

What is racism?

|Zach|
11-17-2012, 02:30 PM

I don't get my wisdom via FedEx.

dirk digler
11-17-2012, 02:31 PM

Many but not all. For example I don't remember voting about bumping old threads = ban

or word filter evasions

or Rude comments in prayers threads

or being respectful to Mods

BigRedChief
11-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Who got banned?

Also as a white guy I will gladly call another white person white trash or redneck and there is nothing offensive about it.Evidently not.

BigRedChief
11-17-2012, 02:38 PM
That tard livestream got banned. and nothing of value was lost.you could see that coming. Losing friends in RL and not being able to sleep over Obama?

3rd&48ers
11-17-2012, 02:43 PM
I don't get my wisdom via FedEx.
I don't either and
I don't really give two shits where you get anything from Son.

3rd&48ers
11-17-2012, 02:44 PM
you could see that coming. Losing friends in RL and not being able to sleep over Obama?

Temp ban?

|Zach|
11-17-2012, 02:46 PM
I don't either and
I don't really give two shits where you get anything from Son.

That isn't true.

You have spent countless posts seeking validation from other people on this board.

Go buy a self help book or something...the more you try the worse you look.

3rd&48ers
11-17-2012, 02:49 PM
That isn't true.

You have spent countless posts seeking validation from other people on this board.

Go buy a self help book or something...the more you try the worse you look.

I don't need validation for some fag assed photographer boy or any mother fucker here, try again you fat fuck.

|Zach|
11-17-2012, 02:52 PM
I don't need validation for some pillowbiter assed photographer boy or any mother ****er here, try again you fat ****.

Are you trying to convince me with this post? Of course you are. You seek my validation and the validation of users on Chiefs Planet.

Keep trying. Maybe someday you will impress someone. I won't be one of those people but idiots are everywhere on the internet. You are probably skilled enough to convince someone really naive your tales of self grandeur.

Don't ever quit.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-17-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't need validation for some pillowbiter assed photographer boy or any mother fucker here, try again you fat fuck.

U mad?

BucEyedPea
11-17-2012, 02:55 PM
I bet you like dark things to eat :)

I love chocolate, yes!

3rd&48ers
11-17-2012, 02:58 PM
U mad?

No

WoodDraw
11-17-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't have a problem with a ban on slurs, but I think they should be listed somewhere so that people are on notice.

LOL - you need a list of what not to say?

I'll never understand why the anonymity of the internet makes people feel like it's okay to be assholes. Or perhaps it makes them feel that it's okay to act how they wish they could in real life.

theelusiveeightrop
11-17-2012, 03:21 PM
The harmony and love on this board reflects the unity of 'Murica

J Diddy
11-17-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't need validation for some pillowbiter assed photographer boy or any mother ****er here, try again you fat ****.

:hmmm:

I think Frank speaks for you:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_XCVnV5CGh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

J Diddy
11-17-2012, 04:15 PM

I'll never understand why the anonymity of the internet makes people feel like it's okay to be assholes. Or perhaps it makes them feel that it's okay to act how they wish they could in real life.

Patteeu: "We need less government" then 2 breaths later "I need to know exactly what to say on a bulletin board"

Donger
11-17-2012, 04:57 PM
You mean like when vailpass tries to get under KC Native's skin and implies all the racist things about Mexicans that he can think of without using the nasty terms?

Yeah, vailpass is totally harmless in that case!

Just give it up, Pat.

Like what? "Those leaves aren't going to blow themselves"?

That isn't racism, IMO.

Bowser
11-17-2012, 05:03 PM

Excellent point. Now please point me in the direction of the poll that was posted pertaining to the banning of the idiot racists on the board. I would like to hear what the majority thought of this dasterdly-ness.

blaise
11-17-2012, 06:00 PM
So, will a "sad black people" thread get you banned?

BigRedChief
11-17-2012, 06:02 PM

That isn't racism, IMO.It borders, but not across the line. IMHO

3rd&48ers
11-17-2012, 06:02 PM
So, will a "sad black people" thread get you banned?

REPORTED

BigRedChief
11-17-2012, 06:08 PM
This board doesn't function the same way as the rest of the board. That is by design. People are allowed a lot more freedom to be assholes to each other. But, there are lines that cant be crossed.

Like, jspchief said, If you have to ask or don't know what those lines are, you need to pull the hostility back a notch.

Two-Twenty
11-17-2012, 06:18 PM

that shit right there. youd never hear most of that racist shit in real life. in fact, one would hardly notice racism if not for internet message boards and comment sections

HonestChieffan
11-17-2012, 06:33 PM
that shit right there. youd never hear most of that racist shit in real life. in fact, one would hardly notice racism if not for internet message boards and comment sections

Really?

SNR
11-17-2012, 06:39 PM

That isn't racism, IMO.

You can do better than that, Donger

Donger
11-17-2012, 06:46 PM
It borders, but not across the line. IMHO

Why? Is it also borderline racism when someone, for example, makes a a joke about British peoples' teeth or calls them limeys?

Donger
11-17-2012, 06:46 PM
You can do better than that, Donger

How so?

If I respond to kcnative calling him "Speedy," is that racist?

Reaper16
11-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Of course it is racist, Donger. There's very little difference between skin color-based epithets and nationality-based epithets. But regardless of that, reducing migrant workers from many nationalities to a generic, one-size-fits-all "Mexican" is pretty racist. Assuming that landscaping jokes apply only to people of Mexican descent is racist.

Reaper16
11-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Also, no one should care at all if white people are insulted. Anytime someone has said something racist against Anglo-Saxons I just laugh it off. Why am I able to laugh it off? Because I am white and I have it so, so, so good in this life.

The majority can use racism as a tool to keep others down, to diminish them and control them. Minorities aren't able to do that same thing with racism.

J Diddy
11-17-2012, 07:39 PM
What I find amusing is using 1 quote from a conversation as proof that it wasn't racist. Seriously it's in the context.

If I say whiter than the driven snow that doesn't sound racist, however it very well could be applied that way.

Donger
11-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Of course it is racist, Donger. There's very little difference between skin color-based epithets and nationality-based epithets. But regardless of that, reducing migrant workers from many nationalities to a generic, one-size-fits-all "Mexican" is pretty racist. Assuming that landscaping jokes apply only to people of Mexican descent is racist.

It's racist is some dork makes a joke about English people and their teeth?

Donger
11-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Also, no one should care at all if white people are insulted. Anytime someone has said something racist against Anglo-Saxons I just laugh it off. Why am I able to laugh it off? Because I am white and I have it so, so, so good in this life.

The majority can use racism as a tool to keep others down, to diminish them and control them. Minorities aren't able to do that same thing with racism.

Ah, you are fine with a double standard.

I do find it marginally amusing that Whitey is is so powerful and controlling and yet we've had a half Black dude elected POTUS twice now. You really do need another updated material.

stevieray
11-17-2012, 08:23 PM

the irony is thick in this post.

by this logic...

1) we should only care if certain races are insulted, therfore only holding certain races to standards we should all adhere to, and subsequently, implying that one race is superior and another inferior...that one ultimately deserves it and the other gets a pass on inappropiate behavior..soley based on their race.

2) you're white and you have it good only because of your race, and accomplishments of people of color/whites are ultimately marginalized, because otherwise, it's only special due to their race and not the individual...'the first black to'

30 we can use racism to diminish and control whites by assuming they are racist, and call them racist, because they as whites have it coming and we need to hold them to standards that we don't expect from other races.

....you're basically implying people of color ARE inferior and should be treated as such.

Pitt Gorilla
11-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Ah, you are fine with a double standard.

I do find it marginally amusing that Whitey is is so powerful and controlling and yet we've had a half Black dude elected POTUS twice now. You really do need another updated material.You mean the guy that is half white?

Frazod
11-17-2012, 08:45 PM

You should take a ride on the red line south of 35th Street in Chicago sometime. Tell everybody on the train what a compassionate liberal you are and how you sympathize with their plight and see what it gets you.

Donger
11-17-2012, 09:12 PM
You mean the guy that is half white?

Well, I'm not sure if mulatto is PC, so sure.

Reaper16
11-17-2012, 09:19 PM

by this logic...

1) we should only care if certain races are insulted, therfore only holding certain races to standards we should all adhere to, and subsequently, implying that one race is superior and another inferior...that one ultimately deserves it and the other gets a pass on inappropiate behavior..soley based on their race.

2) you're white and you have it good only because of your race, and accomplishments of people of color/whites are ultimately marginalized, because otherwise, it's only special due to their race and not the individual...'the first black to'

30 we can use racism to diminish and control whites by assuming they are racist, and call them racist, because they as whites have it coming and we need to hold them to standards that we don't expect from other races.

....you're basically implying people of color ARE inferior and should be treated as such.

I want to respond to this post in earnest, but I'm having a tough time following it all the way because of grammar. I can only follow the 2nd point, and that seems like a leap to me to say that everyone's accomplishments are attributable only to circumstances of birth. Privilege is a head-start; it is up to individuals to do something with that head-start. And, yes, it is sad that we still pay attention to things like "first woman/black person/hispanic person/etc to _____," because those milestones should have been passed a long time ago.

As for the double-standard: I personally don't want to insult anyone based on nationality or race or whatever. But for the purposes of humor (which is what we're really talking about here -- the way that posters like Vailpass use race humor), there can be a double-standard, IMO. I forget which comic first said this, but there's a rule for good comedy: comedy only works when the butt of the joke is above your station. When white men make racist or misogynist jokes it causes a lot of people to bristle because of the actual power dynamics in society.

stevieray
11-17-2012, 09:39 PM
I want to respond to this post in earnest, but I'm having a tough time following it all the way because of grammar. I can only follow the 2nd point, and that seems like a leap to me to say that everyone's accomplishments are attributable only to circumstances of birth. Privilege is a head-start; it is up to individuals to do something with that head-start. And, yes, it is sad that we still pay attention to things like "first woman/black person/hispanic person/etc to _____," because those milestones should have been passed a long time ago.

As for the double-standard: I personally don't want to insult anyone based on nationality or race or whatever. But for the purposes of humor (which is what we're really talking about here -- the way that posters like Vailpass use race humor), there can be a double-standard, IMO. I forget which comic first said this, but there's a rule for good comedy: comedy only works when the butt of the joke is above your station. When white men make racist or misogynist jokes it causes a lot of people to bristle because of the actual power dynamics in society.

don't cop out...you're above that. ..and those milestones have been passed..only certain people like to pretend that they haven't been surpassed...if you tell people over and over they are victims, they tend to believe it.

secondly, like donger said, get new material. people of color/races were accomplishing more than you and I combined over two hundred years ago....dynamics of society? would that include a newsweek cover indulging in age and race dicrimiintion?

RNR
11-17-2012, 09:53 PM
It is impossible not to offend those who wish to be offended~

BucEyedPea
11-17-2012, 09:57 PM

Minorities can harm majorities too. Like voting to take their property away.

Reaper16
11-17-2012, 10:00 PM
don't cop out...you're above that. ..and those milestones have been passed..only certain people like to pretend that they haven't been surpassed...if you tell people over and over they are victims, they tend to believe it.

secondly, like donger said, get new material. people of color/races were accomplishing more than you and I combined over two hundred years ago....dynamics of society? would that include a newsweek cover indulging in age and race dicrimiintion?

I don't know what Newsweek cover you are referencing. But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about the historical record of the U.S.

RNR
11-17-2012, 10:02 PM

by this logic...

His post was not even worthy of a reply, this is the same poster who was offend over the movie Avatar LMAO

stevieray
11-17-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't know what Newsweek cover you are referencing. But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about the historical record of the U.S.

"GOP: you're old you're white..you're history..with a pic of Obams as Napolean

compare it to the historical record of the continent of Africa and get back to me.

SNR
11-17-2012, 10:23 PM
His post was not even worthy of a reply, this is the same poster who was offend over the movie Avatar LMAO

I was offended by Avatar too. I thought copyright protections existed in this country for a reason.

J Diddy
11-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Well hell. I decided to finally read Uncle Tom's Cabin. After this new policy was implemented her, I have decided that I can not go on with good conscience reading the language that Harriet Beecher Stowe uses. I've decided to ban her from my kindle.

I suspect Patteeu will be along to defend her in a few moments.

BIG_DADDY
11-17-2012, 10:55 PM
I agree with Flop, the whitey comments have to stop.

J Diddy
11-17-2012, 10:58 PM

Dude whatever. Everyone knows you're Brazilian.

RedDread
11-17-2012, 11:23 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6CmzT4OV-w0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Phobia
11-17-2012, 11:33 PM
Basically it's not against the rules to be racist. Be racist all you want. You can technically say I am part of the KKK and I hate black people without fear of being banned. But start slinging racial slurs and you got trouble.

We can't possibly filter all racial slurs. It's impossible because many of them are perfectly acceptable words used in correct context.

The reason DC is largely ignored is because we found that it's impossible to moderate closely without being accused of bias or taking a side. The only time we swing the mod stick in this forum is when posts are reported.

Nothing has changed with Flop's announcement here. He's just reminding everybody of the rules as a courtesy because it has been a trending issue here in D.C.

mikey23545
11-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Watch out, everybody!

Floppynuts, |Gack|, BigRedAnus, Ereckshun, Raper16, J Pissy and the rest have received a MANDATE...

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Watch out, everybody!

Floppynuts, |Gack|, BigRedAnus, Ereckshun, Raper16, J Pissy and the rest have received a MANDATE...

Have you ever considered getting into the political prediction business?

J Diddy
11-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Watch out, everybody!

If you were a transformer you'd be named Dufus Maximus.

SNR
11-18-2012, 12:21 AM
If you were a transformer you'd be named Dufus Maximus.

Ha! Replace the first D in your name with a P, then replace the middle two d's in your name with s's and you get Pissy!

J Diddy
11-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Ha! Replace the first D in your name with a P, then replace the middle two d's in your name with s's and you get Pissy!

Pretty original, I think. Most go with J Dildo. I'm terribly, terribly upset that somebody made fun of my user name, which I created out of the clear blue sky and have no affiliation with in any setting other than an internet bulletin board.

Shit is devastating.

SNR
11-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Pretty original, I think. Most go with J Dildo. I'm terribly, terribly upset that somebody made fun of my user name, which I created out of the clear blue sky and have no affiliation with in any setting other than an internet bulletin board.

Shit is devastating.J Dildo?

... I don't get it.

ClevelandBronco
11-18-2012, 01:18 AM
I don't want to read all this shit. What have we got left? Fat people?

J Diddy
11-18-2012, 01:34 AM
I don't want to read all this shit. What have we got left? Fat people?

Yeah, nope. You can only refer to them now as "gravity challenged"

Dave Lane
11-18-2012, 06:26 AM
Your stupidity knows absolutely no limits.

Was this ever in doubt?

Dave Lane
11-18-2012, 06:31 AM
The easiest way to spot racists is to find all the people complaining about reverse racism. There's your list.

RNR
11-18-2012, 07:13 AM
God damn it flop the last time you went off about this you outlawed my name :cuss: ;)

RNR
11-18-2012, 07:53 AM
The easiest way to spot racists is to find all the people complaining about reverse racism. There's your list.

It has been my experience that those who scream racism the loudest are often racist themselves~

3rd&48ers
11-18-2012, 07:55 AM
It has been my experience that those who scream racism the loudest are often racist themselves~

Most people who cry racism do so when they are getting their asses handed to them in an argument.

HonestChieffan
11-18-2012, 08:22 AM
We need to be more open minded

Hog Farmer
11-18-2012, 08:27 AM

Muslims are off limits.

HonestChieffan
11-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Muslims are off limits.

Why its not a race

theelusiveeightrop
11-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Why its not a race

Religionism?

J Diddy
11-18-2012, 08:48 AM
God damn it flop the last time you went off about this you outlawed my name :cuss: ;)

Well he didn't go that far this time or did he?

Brock
11-18-2012, 09:09 AM

Fucking ginger

BigRedChief
11-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Fucking ginger:cuss: Now, I'm offended.

3rd&48ers
11-18-2012, 09:11 AM
****ing ginger
Reported

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 09:39 AM

:lame::BS:

Two-Twenty
11-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Really?

yeah, generally people are PC for their own safety because they dont want to offend. Basically folks arent that brave/tough in real life. Unless theyre with a big group.

i.e. we say a bunch of shit about Raider fans but we would never utter those same words in Oakland to a Raiders fan.

mikey23545
11-18-2012, 09:43 AM

Religious bigotry, though, is allowed, if not outright encouraged...Correct?

Brock
11-18-2012, 09:54 AM

How is that any different than making fun of somebody for their political beliefs?

stonedstooge
11-18-2012, 09:56 AM

Only against Christians. Every other religion it will not be tolerated

RNR
11-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Well he didn't go that far this time or did he?

He changed it to something, I don't remember what is was but it was pretty funny~

cosmo20002
11-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Minorities can harm majorities too.

No doubt--look at O.J.

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Holy Toledo Dudes !:eek:

A few things here I wish to speak about .....

First : I have been a member here all but a few months. This place has changed so much over the years and it continues to evolve into a place where " WE, AS FRIENDS " here continue to express our views and opinions that was censored heavily on the old KC Star board.

Second : It has never been my desire, my intentions to attack or degrade a person or type of people on this BB ( the lone exceptions, TERRORIST ) Truthfully, I think everybody here can agree that if we must give TERRORIST any respect here it is absolutely reprehensible . IMHO, anybody here expecting any member here to respect a terrorist seriously needs a refresher course on American patriotism.

Third : To the many here that personally know me, my family and background, I do not have to explain anything. They know well enough that I live my life with no malice, hatred, hostility towards anybody on this earth, EXCEPT .... TERRORIST !

To the newer members here on CP, Please read the paragraph above this one.

Fourth To Mr. Flopnuts, Direckshun, and others...It was not my intentions to offend the politically correct people here with my comment. Mr. Flopnut gave me the benefit of doubt and I appreciate it beyond despair. To the other members, Obviously, you do not know me well enough to understand the comment the way I meant it. I am quite sure there will be some who will or have already called for me to be banned, something that has never happened to me here. That should speak volume in the fact I just don't intentionally offend anybody. It's never my intentions to offend or degrade anybody here, even when the likes of some members that enjoy to ridicule me or my post at times. Hey, it's a big boys BB and if you can't take the heat here, get out. I have never left or have threatened to leave at anytime.

In closing,I offer my apology to anybody I may of offended. It was not clear of my intentions when using the word raghead with Arabs. It was wrong and I did not type it the way I meant it. I hope this clears this up to the ones who do not know me personally.

But if anybody here find these comments offensive or racial, it's your problem because I do not mean it towards the good Arabs, just the jihadist, terrorist in this world.

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 12:55 PM
\
Second :[/U][/I][/B] It has never been my desire, my intentions to attack or degrade a person or type of people on this BB ( the lone exceptions, TERRORIST ) Truthfully, I think everybody here can agree that if we must give TERRORIST any respect here it is absolutely reprehensible . IMHO, anybody here expecting any member here to respect a terrorist seriously needs a refresher course on American patriotism.

Third : To the many here that personally know me, my family and background, I do not have to explain anything. They know well enough that I live my life with no malice, hatred, hostility towards anybody on this earth, EXCEPT .... TERRORIST !

One person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. It's a relative term that the politicians have exploited and now use as a gross generality. For instance Janice Napolitano now considers Americans with Ron Paul bumper stickers, who label themselves as Constitutionalists, or patriots as terrorists. This is anyone who would defy our overlords in DC or who challenge their authority. This word is being abused.

So I object to this idea that one needs a refresher course of American patriotism. If anything people wanting a foreign power off their land resorting to violence in the form of urban guerrilla warfare is exactly what our Founding patriots supported and what this country was founded on.

Yes, certain terrorists are our enemy which is Al Qaeda. I am not interested in starting conventional war for anyone else's terrorists. Just look at what our own govt is doing to its own people today.

Flame away.

RNR
11-18-2012, 01:00 PM
One person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. It's a relative term that the politicians have exploited and now use as a gross generality. For instance Janice Napolitano now considers Americans with Ron Paul bumper stickers, who label themselves as Constitutionalists, or patriots as terrorists. This is anyone who would defy our overlords in DC or who challenge their authority. This word is being abused.

So I object to this idea that one needs a refresher course of American patriotism. If anything people wanting a foreign power off their land resorting to violence in the form of urban guerrilla warfare is exactly what our Founding patriots supported and what this country was founded on.

Yes, certain terrorists are our enemy which is Al Qaeda. I am not interested in starting conventional war for anyone else's terrorists. Just look at what our own govt is doing to its own people today.

Flame away.

Anyone who preys on the innocent and proclaims conversion to their beliefs or we will destroy you is not a freedom fighter~

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Anyone who preys on the innocent and proclaims conversion to their beliefs or we will destroy you is not a freedom fighter~

That can be said about our drone attacks too. It's also been the trend of modern warfare where not just solidiers are targets but citizens. Also, not all of them are innocent if they support a govt that condones occupation of their land with our military bases.

It call still comes down to viewpoint.

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 01:17 PM
...which got sidetracked into terrorism.

Is "anti-whiteism," mainly an excuse to loot another group than one's own, growing?

Tigers slugger was the candidate of old white men. Lucky for him, that’s who decides baseball’s MVP awards.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2012/11/miguel_cabrera_is_mitt_romney_this_time_the_candidate_of_old_white_men_won.html

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Roy,
You seem to think only certain ethnic groups are terrorists. What about the Weathermen?

RNR
11-18-2012, 01:42 PM
That can be said about our drone attacks too. It's also been the trend of modern warfare where not just solidiers are targets but citizens. Also, not all of them are innocent if they support a govt that condones occupation of their land with our military bases.

It call still comes down to viewpoint.

To compare our government to terrorists is why you are hard to take serious. When has the United States ever demanded conversion to a belief and threatened termination without compliance?

RNR
11-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Roy,
You seem to think only certain ethnic groups are terrorists. What about the Weathermen?

That is a valid question, however Obamas longtime relationship with one of their leaders is not talked about...and something Roy would agree with me on~

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Roy,

Scumbag Terrorist !

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Holy Toledo Dudes !:eek:

A few things here I wish to speak about .....

First : I have been a member here all but a few months. This place has changed so much over the years and it continues to evolve into a place where " WE, AS FRIENDS " here continue to express our views and opinions that was censored heavily on the old KC Star board.

Second : It has never been my desire, my intentions to attack or degrade a person or type of people on this BB ( the lone exceptions, TERRORIST ) Truthfully, I think everybody here can agree that if we must give TERRORIST any respect here it is absolutely reprehensible . IMHO, anybody here expecting any member here to respect a terrorist seriously needs a refresher course on American patriotism.

To the newer members here on CP, Please read the paragraph above this one.

Fourth To Mr. Flopnuts, Direckshun, and others...It was not my intentions to offend the politically correct people here with my comment. Mr. Flopnut gave me the benefit of doubt and I appreciate it beyond despair. To the other members, Obviously, you do not know me well enough to understand the comment the way I meant it. I am quite sure there will be some who will or have already called for me to be banned, something that has never happened to me here. That should speak volume in the fact I just don't intentionally offend anybody. It's never my intentions to offend or degrade anybody here, even when the likes of some members that enjoy to ridicule me or my post at times. Hey, it's a big boys BB and if you can't take the heat here, get out. I have never left or have threatened to leave at anytime.

In closing,I offer my apology to anybody I may of offended. It was not clear of my intentions when using the word raghead with Arabs. It was wrong and I did not type it the way I meant it. I hope this clears this up to the ones who do not know me personally.

But if anybody here find these comments offensive or racial, it's your problem because I do not mean it towards the good Arabs, just the jihadist, terrorist in this world.

I find it much more offensive that you don't understand the first amendment.

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 02:33 PM
That is a valid question, however Obamas longtime relationship with one of their leaders is not talked about...and something Roy would agree with me on~

:thumb:

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 03:14 PM
I find it much more offensive that you don't understand the first amendment.

The truth, I got caught up in the moment and didn't think it out first. Wanna sue me for it ?

What many of the CP members here really want to know why you have to be such a arrogant ass?

Do you feel a sense of joy to point out something you feel differently about or to find a mistake, an error by another poster on CP ?

Could you please answer these 2 questions or will you sidestep them,by either lying or deflecting the answer to suit your own agenda.

We will be waiting.

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 03:21 PM
The truth, I got caught up in the moment and didn't think it out first. Wanna sue me for it ?

What many of the CP members here really want to know why you have to be such a arrogant ass?

Do you feel a sense of joy to point out something you feel differently about or to find a mistake, an error by another poster on CP ?

Could you please answer these 2 questions or will you sidestep them,by either lying or deflecting the answer to suit your own agenda.

We will be waiting.

What CP members think really is not a concern to me in the least. My world spins as it will and doesn't change course based upon the emotions of some keyboard tough guys.

Watching delusional posters on this board wrap themselves in an intellectually dishonest bubble of information and seeing that get popped to leave them flailing around attempting to mesh their own bullshit take on the world with reality *is* pretty fun.

My recent favorite thing to watch is faux conservatives going on and on about self responsiblity (which is great!) not using the government as a crutch (this is great as well!) and on and on...

...only to blame the government for their personal woes or free market failures. The GOP advocartes for personal responsibility....sometimes. Hahaha

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 03:28 PM
What CP members think really is not a concern to me in the least. My world spins as it will.

Watching delusional posters on this board wrap themselves in an intellectually dishonest bubble of information and seeing that get popped to leave them flailing around attempting to mesh their own bullshit take on the world with reality *is* pretty fun.

See, I knew you could not answer the questions truthfully as they were asked. You had to spin your way out of it.

You have had this chip on your shoulder ever since I called you out as being a player ( back up as I recall ) on a ( Blue Springs, what year was that, how many years you play, a starter, etc. )top notched state football program.

Go ahead and tell the truth for once, you are still Butthurt and have been for several years now!

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 03:30 PM
See, I knew you could not answer the questions truthfully as they were asked. You had to spin your way out of it.

You have had this chip on your shoulder ever since I called you out as being a player ( back up as I recall ) on a ( Blue Springs, what year was that, how many years you play, a starter, etc. )top notched state football program.

Go ahead and tell the truth for once, you are still Butthurt and have been for several years now!

Poor Roy. You simply don't know enough about things that you talk about. I mean this honestly.

The things you speak about? You don't have information about them. Setting aside the strangeness of talking about highschool football from over a decade ago. Hahaha.

Brock
11-18-2012, 03:31 PM

LMAO what

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 03:32 PM
LMAO what

I guess he does have me busted in one way.

I do indeed take a lot of joy from a lot of things that happen in DC. Some of the stuff that gets posted here is funny as shit.

http://rossvross.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/border-rico.jpg?w=405&h=243

RNR
11-18-2012, 03:37 PM
I guess he does have me busted in one way.

I do indeed take a lot of joy from a lot of things that happen in DC. Some of the stuff that gets posted here is funny as shit.

You are nothing more than than a cracker photo taker...waiting to be banned~

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Poor Roy. You simply don't know enough about things that you talk about. I mean this honestly.

The things you speak about? You don't have information about them. Setting aside the strangeness of talking about highschool football from over a decade ago. Hahaha.

Look, I knew it was best to ignore you. I knew you can not be honest about anything. All you have to do is lie and deflect everything, as you always do to divert the attention the other way. Everybody see's your dishonest tactics.

OTOH, when I screw up, I admit it. That's what men do, they live up to their mistakes.

Now, be a man, prove you can answer the 2 questions honestly. I'm betting you lie and deflect it, again.

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Look, I knew it was best to ignore you. I knew you can not be honest about anything. All you have to do is lie and deflect everything, as you always do to divert the attention the other way. Everybody see's your dishonest tactics.

OTOH, when I screw up, I admit it. That's what men do, they live up to their mistakes.

Now, be a man, prove you can answer the 2 questions honestly. I'm betting you lie and deflect it, again.

Everyone is seeing this conversation and these "tactics".

I am loving it. LMAO

I am being totally honest with you Roy right here and right now when I say...you could do a better job of understanding..actually understanding the things you talk about here before you talk about them.

All the best. Run off and think about high school football in Missouri that is over a decade old and blaming Obama for your problems.

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 03:52 PM

We will be waiting.

What CP members think really is not a concern to me in the least. My world spins as it will and doesn't change course based upon the emotions of some keyboard tough guys.

My recent favorite thing to watch is faux conservatives going on and on about self responsiblity (which is great!) not using the government as a crutch (this is great as well!) and on and on...

...only to blame the government for their personal woes or free market failures. The GOP advocartes for personal responsibility....sometimes. Hahaha

Everyone is seeing this conversation and these "tactics".

I am loving it. LMAO

I am being totally honest with you Roy right here and right now when I say...you could do a better job of understanding..actually understanding the things you talk about here before you talk about them.

All the best. Run off and think about high school football in Missouri that is over a decade old and blaming Obama for your problems.

Basically what you are telling us is you have NO BALLS !

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 03:54 PM
To compare our government to terrorists is why you are hard to take serious. When has the United States ever demanded conversion to a belief and threatened termination without compliance?
Yet, your chronic reliance on ad hominem and/or personal attacks on those who disagree with you means you shouldn't be taken seriously because of intellectual bankruptcy. You're just another govt shill who drinks the NeoConservative Kool-Aid. You believe the same people that are also screwing over the American public at home. Our govt is in a corrupt phase right now. We have fascist economics, demonization of the other while be braying about how we're superior and exceptional. Sound familiar? It is.

In politics the worst rise to the top. That's a BIG reason why I support small govt. So such things don't happen.
You eat it up, not realizing it's biting you in the arse economically and with less liberty.

Regarding terrorism the FACTS are:
Israel and the United States actually created Hamas.
The United States created Al Qaeda.
Our intervention in the ME involved radicalizing these elements to fight the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union received aid from us because it was failing. It would have failed sooner without it.
See how this stuff complicates matters and comes back to haunt us?

The truth isn't popular. People don't take it seriously. They'd rather believe myths and platitudes. Meanwhile the situation doesn't resolve but gets worse. That's what you think is results. At least, I agree with polls showing the American people, a majority, are tired of this stuff and think we're doing too much over there. So your attack is one on that majority too.

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Basically what you are telling us is you have NO BALLS !

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sv1I4q6lOpo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dear Roy,

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole saturday in detention for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy for making us write an essay telling you who we think we are.

You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out, is that each one of us is a brain,
and an athlete,
and a basketcase,
a princess,
and a criminal.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours,

|Zach|.

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Why has this turned into a personal attack on Roy instead?

RNR
11-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Yet, your chronic reliance on ad hominem and/or personal attacks on those who disagree with you means you shouldn't be taken seriously because of intellectual bankruptcy. You're just another govt shill who drinks the NeoConservative Kool-Aid. You believe the same people that are also screwing over the American public at home. Our govt is in a corrupt phase right now. We have fascist economics, demonization of the other while be gray about how we're superior and exceptional. Sound familiar? It is.

In politics the worst rise to the top. That's a BIG reason why I support small govt. So such things don't happen.
You eat it up, not realizing it's biting you in the arse economically and with less liberty.

Our intervention in the ME involved radicalizing these elements to fight the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union received aid from us because it was failing. It would have failed sooner without it.

The truth isn't popular. People don't take it seriously. They'd rather believe myths and platitudes. Meanwhile the situation doesn't resolves but gets worse. That's what you think is results.

LMAO as I have said before you are batshit crazy. Calling me a a NeoConsevitive too fucking funny...wow you are a total train wreck LMAO

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Did you say something?

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Why has this turned into a personal attack on Roy instead?

Because of high school football from the early 2000s?

That is the best answer I have.

headsnap
11-18-2012, 04:03 PM
We're having some posts being reported for the use of racial slurs in this forum...

awesome thread you got here Chief!!! :thumb:

RNR
11-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Did you say something?

Talk to your husband if you have one, if not spew your rumblings to your cat you batshit crazy train wreck LMAO

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 04:07 PM

I can not argue these points, we did with good faith they would be our allies. It backfired, just as Iraq this week calling out using oil as a weapon against us and alining itself up with other Arabs that want death and destruction to Israel.

But to sit idle and let a radical movement attempt death and destruction to an any of our allies is just asinine.

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Because of high school football from the early 2000s?

That is the best answer I have.

Now you are acting ignorant because of your inability to answer any questions.

But hey, you'll find another way to deflect and spin it . Keep it up and the mods just might start calling you Slick Willy.

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 04:17 PM
I can not argue these points, we did with good faith they would be our allies. It backfired, just as Iraq this week calling out using oil as a weapon against us and alining itself up with other Arabs that want death and destruction to Israel.

But to sit idle and let a radical movement attempt death and destruction to an any of our allies is just asinine.

I am not asking that we sit idle though. I am asking to remove military bases off their lands. Because what we're doing has made them more recruits and just is NOT working. Time to do something else.

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 04:23 PM
I am not asking that we sit idle though. I am asking to remove military bases off their lands. Because what we're doing has made them more recruits and just is NOT working. Time to do something else.

Understand the Paulites view, lack of a timely response within a volatile region for our troops and allies is the hang up.

Yet,for some reason we didn't have much of a timely response on Benghazi. :rolleyes:

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Understand the Paulites view, lack of a timely response within a volatile region for our troops and allies is the hang up.

Yet,for some reason we didn't have much of a timely response on Benghazi. :rolleyes:

Benghazi is a screw up in terms of security. I agree with that. But we never should have gone into Libya either. We played with fire there again by arming AQ associated jihadis...and then they've brought weapons into Syria. There's something going on that does not meet the eye.

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Benghazi is a screw up in terms of security. I agree with that. But we never should have gone into Libya either. We played with fire there again by arming AQ associated jihadis...and then they've brought weapons into Syria. There's something going on that does not meet the eye.

I agree, the sad part is the Liberals either do not think there is anything wrong or turning a blind eye & deaf ear with any of it.

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 04:32 PM
I agree, the sad part is the Liberals either do not think there is anything wrong or turning a blind eye & deaf ear with any of it.

You agree with her that we should not have gone into Libya?

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 04:36 PM

Because when it's their guy's invasion, military strikes or war are okay to many of them.

Don't forget that Republicans like Lindsey Graham,Charles Krauthammer, McCain supported the Libya intervention too. Even Marc Rubio. Now radical Islamists allied with al-Qaeda have been installed in Tripoli and Benghazi using NATO air power and all three of them were thrilled about it. These are your classic NeoCons.These guys need to go.

A war on Iran will benefit Israel and SA—not us. Our solidiers blood will be spilled and our treasury will be even worse off—as well as the rest of the country.

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 04:42 PM
You agree with her that we should not have gone into Libya?

No, we should have already been out of the embassy and consulates. If our allies were smart enough to pull out before it got heated, we should have been leading them, not following.

Product of a failed administration ...... Don't you agree ?

Or will you not answer this one ?

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Because when it's their guy's invasion, military strikes or war are okay to many of them.

Don't forget that Republicans like Lindsey Graham,Charles Krauthammer, McCain supported the Libya intervention too. Even Marc Rubio. Now radical Islamists allied with al-Qaeda have been installed in Tripoli and Benghazi using NATO air power and all three of them were thrilled about it. These are your classic NeoCons.These guys need to go.

A war on Iran will benefit Israel and SA—not us. Our solidiers blood will be spilled and our treasury will be even worse off—as well as the rest of the country.

Is a nuclear Iran a safe option ?

RNR
11-18-2012, 05:10 PM

The idiot you are talking to is pro Iran~

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 05:32 PM
No, we should have already been out of the embassy and consulates. If our allies were smart enough to pull out before it got heated, we should have been leading them, not following.

Product of a failed administration ...... Don't you agree ?

Or will you not answer this one ?

So you uhhh didn't agree with her.

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 05:48 PM

That's a hypothetical. Israeli and even US intel consensus is that they're not. It's a third rate military power. But the way some people are acting in our govt, they could be pushed into becoming one.

I prefer that no additional countries get nuclear weapons. But I do think MADD works. Currently, Pakistan is more of a nuclear threat and is now an US enemy.

HonestChieffan
11-18-2012, 05:53 PM
That's a hypothetical. Israeli and even US intel consensus is that they're not. It's a third rate military power. But the way some people are acting in our govt, they could be pushed into becoming one.

I prefer that no additional countries get nuclear weapons. But I do think MADD works. Currently, Pakistan is more of a nuclear threat and is now an US enemy.

Well maybe not....

Iran has expanded its enrichment capacity and is enriching uranium at a pace that would bring it to what Israel has declared an unacceptable red line in just over seven months, according to a report by the UN nuclear watchdog.

The International Atomic Energy Agency also found that Iranian technicians had removed the fuel rods from the country’s only functioning nuclear power station at Bushehr, suggesting the new reactor has serious problems. Iran did not tell IAEA inspectors what those problems were.

The IAEA quarterly report on Iran’s nuclear programme was released just days before the expected launch of a new diplomatic initiative to resolve the international impasse over the issue.

It also comes soon after Israeli official stated that the red line drawn by Israel’s prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, during his UN appearance in September, represented 240kg of 20%-enriched uranium, enough to make a warhead if further enriched to weapons grade.

The sensitivity of 20% uranium figure is that it can be turned into weapons grade relatively fast and easily.

The last time the IAEA inspectors drew up a report, three months ago, Iran had made 189kg of 20% uranium but had used nearly 100kg for civilian purposes, leaving an outstanding 96kg.

Keep reading…http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/16/iran-uranium-enrichment-red-line

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Well maybe not....

Iran has expanded its enrichment capacity and is enriching uranium at a pace that would bring it to what Israel has declared an unacceptable red line in just over seven months, according to a report by the UN nuclear watchdog.

The International Atomic Energy Agency also found that Iranian technicians had removed the fuel rods from the country’s only functioning nuclear power station at Bushehr, suggesting the new reactor has serious problems. Iran did not tell IAEA inspectors what those problems were.

The IAEA quarterly report on Iran’s nuclear programme was released just days before the expected launch of a new diplomatic initiative to resolve the international impasse over the issue.

It also comes soon after Israeli official stated that the red line drawn by Israel’s prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, during his UN appearance in September, represented 240kg of 20%-enriched uranium, enough to make a warhead if further enriched to weapons grade.

The sensitivity of 20% uranium figure is that it can be turned into weapons grade relatively fast and easily.

The last time the IAEA inspectors drew up a report, three months ago, Iran had made 189kg of 20% uranium but had used nearly 100kg for civilian purposes, leaving an outstanding 96kg.

Keep reading…http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/16/iran-uranium-enrichment-red-line

Nope. That's been debunked too. It's here in other threads.

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 05:59 PM
So you uhhh didn't agree with her.

I was on record for saying a long time ago we shouldn't fool with Libya. Once there, we didn't leave fast enough, got kicked in the teeth with 4 dead Americans because of a failed leader.

What's you take on going to Libya and leaving with 4 dead Americans due to the inability of our current administration to get them help before and during the attacks?

Grow a pair of balls Zach and answer that question, we want your take!

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 06:00 PM
"But all you are is mean
All you are is mean and a liar and pathetic...
And mean, and mean, and mean, and mean"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2d/Taylor_Swift_-_Mean.png/220px-Taylor_Swift_-_Mean.png

munkey
11-18-2012, 06:01 PM
This thread has "Epic Fail" written all over it...

Brock
11-18-2012, 06:02 PM
I was on record for saying a long time ago we should fool with Libya. Once there, we didn't leave fast enough, got kicked in the teeth with 4 dead Americans because of a failed leader.

What's you take on going to Libya and leaving with 4 dead Americans due to the inability of our current administration to get them help before and during the attacks?

Grow a pair of balls Zach and answer that question, we want you take!

Outrage over 4 dead americans in Libya, but 4000 americans dead in Iraq a necessary sacrifice.

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 06:03 PM
I was on record for saying a long time ago we should fool with Libya. Once there, we didn't leave fast enough, got kicked in the teeth with 4 dead Americans because of a failed leader.

I'm surprised you feel that way, since Bush accepted him once again as an ally. Gaddafi even got rid of his nukes. See where that got him?

You realize that as a NATO operation, it's under the UN. I take it you think we should police the world under global governance. If that is the case, don't you think this could be done to us someday?

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm surprised you feel that way, since Bush accepted him once again as an ally. Gaddafi even got rid of his nukes. See where that got him?

You realize that as a NATO operation, it's under the UN. I take it you think we should police the world under global governance. If that is the case, don't you think this could be done to us someday?

Gaddafi was a rouge dictator anyway and what happened over Lockerbee ( spelling ) was by him, screw Gaddafi, he got what he needed, just later than sooner.

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Gaddafi was a rouge dictator anyway and what happened over Lockerbee ( spelling ) was by him, screw Gaddafi, he got what he needed, just later than sooner.
So you're willing to have the Al Qaeda flag flown over Benghazi and a set of worse rogues just for revenge? That's not what I call strategic thinking.

Gaddafi paid $10 million in damages to the victims ( not that it brings them back) and was admitted back into the world of nations by Condi Riceunder Bush. Libya never even admitted guilt too. Rendition to terrorist suspects were done in Gaddafi’s Libya which cooperated with our CIA.

I don't understand the criticism for Obama's foreign policy, if you agree with this intervention.
I think it was more that the Obama regime thought of him more as an indispensable ally.

It's time to come home.

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 06:35 PM
So you're willing to have the Al Qaeda flag flown over Benghazi and a set of worse rogues just for revenge? That's not what I call strategic thinking.

Gaddafi paid $10 million in damages to the victims ( not that it brings them back) and was admitted back into the world of nations by Condi Riceunder Bush. Rendition to terrorist suspects were done in Gaddafi’s Libya which cooperated with our CIA.

I don't understand the criticism for Obama's foreign policy, if you agree with this intervention.
I think it was more that the Obama regime thought of him more as an indispensable ally.

It's time to come home.

France & GB wanted Libya more than we did. Yet they pulled out of Libya before we did..... why ?

Why show up to fight Gaddafi and then high tail it out ? ( France, GB, etc. )

Why not give your embassy & consulates more security when they asked for it in a region they kept saying was very unstable?

Now, IMHO, if we were going to stay and see something through, you have to be willing to stay the course for generations. It takes generations to eliminate terrorist & jihadist. We knew this going into Iraq & Afghanistan. We didn't stay the course due to lives lost and the cost of it. After the first 911 I was on record saying we will have to stay their for generations and it will be very costly. That after a while the people will revolt in Iraq just as Japan did about Okinawa.

The correct approach ? God only knows ! If we go in, we have to stay to rebuild and retrain the culture of lives. Very costly, the American people revolt. We do nothing and our Allies wonder how committed we are to them ?

BucEyedPea
11-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Now, IMHO, if we were going to stay and see something through, you have to be willing to stay the course for generations. It takes generations to eliminate terrorist & jihadist.

This is exactly why we shouldn't even start such things. Roy, you are a progressive on this issue—not a conservative. Here, again, you use the terms "terrorist" and "jihadist" without any designation as to which ones want to do their dirty work in America. I have no desire, nor do the majority of Americans to expunge the world of bad guys. We can't afford generations of military occupation. The Muslim world is way too large. We're already broke. It's a justification for endless war and empire by our own overlords.

It's time to come home.

RNR
11-18-2012, 06:49 PM
"But all you are is mean
All you are is mean and a liar and pathetic...
And mean, and mean, and mean, and mean"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2d/Taylor_Swift_-_Mean.png/220px-Taylor_Swift_-_Mean.png

LMAO ROFL LMAO

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 06:55 PM
This is exactly why we shouldn't even start such things. Roy, you are a progressive on this issue—not a conservative. Here, again, you use the terms "terrorist" and "jihadist" without any designation as to which ones want to do their dirty work in America. I have no desire, nor do the majority of Americans to expunge the world of bad guys. We can't afford generations of military occupation. The Muslim world is way too large. We're already broke. It's a justification for endless war and empire by our own overlords.

It's time to come home.

Hot damn baby, I said IMHO, if ........ What's this crap about being a progressive?

I never said it was my opinion to go. It was my opinion if we go, we have to because of those following reasons.

By having bases all around the world puts us into these scenarios.

And at the same time by not being there we are not ready to help our troops and allies of need when needed.

What is the best approach?

Does anybody really know ?

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 06:56 PM
I was on record for saying a long time ago we shouldn't fool with Libya. Once there, we didn't leave fast enough, got kicked in the teeth with 4 dead Americans because of a failed leader.

Are we counting bodies for administrations now? I am trying to get your angle.

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Are we counting bodies for administrations now? I am trying to get your angle.

I'll answer your question since you can not answer mine Slick Willie.

Nope!

Now let's see if you can answer some of mine, let's start with the last one and work our way to all of the others.

Please start.

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 07:02 PM
I'll answer your question since you can not answer mine Slick Willie.

Nope!

Now let's see if you can answer some of mine, let's start with the last one and work our way to all of the others.

Please start.
Your shitty questions have been answered just fine all night. Why create text for someone who can't understand it? I mean all of this started because you admitted you were an idiot and didn't know about the 1st amendment and then you started talking about high school football.

Clown shoes.

munkey
11-18-2012, 07:03 PM
This thread is pure gold!!!

RNR
11-18-2012, 07:06 PM
This thread is pure gold!!!

It is bullshit I called a white guy a cracker and nothing happened~

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Your shitty questions have been answered just fine all night. Why create text for someone who can't understand it? I mean all of this started because you admitted you were an idiot and didn't know about the 1st amendment and then you started talking about high school football.

Clown shoes.

I admitted I made a mistake with it between government & private, I never said anything about being an idiot. That's just you trying to glorify your satisfaction.

I mentioned you have this, what appears of a personal vendetta because of a old football post years ago. Your actions towards me have been consistent ever since. Prove me wrong Zach !

Again, I ask you to stand up and be a man!

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 07:13 PM
I admitted I made a mistake with it between government & private, I never said anything about being an idiot. That's just you trying to glorify your satisfaction.

I mentioned you have this, what appears of a personal vendetta because of a old football post years ago. Your actions towards me have been consistent ever since. Prove me wrong Zach !

Again, I ask you to stand up and be a man!

Post the poll.

munkey
11-18-2012, 07:14 PM
It is bullshit I called a white guy a cracker and nothing happened~

Shut your whore mouth!!!! How did you know he was white?

RNR
11-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Shut your whore mouth!!!! How did you know he was white?

Just a hunch, you know how them white cracker motherfuckers are. You can spot them a mile away! I was born black but the doctor told my mom my pecker was too small so the cracker motherfucker bleached me white, the cracker motherfucker~

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Just a hunch, you know how them white cracker mother****ers are. You can spot them a mile away! I was born black but the doctor told my mom my pecker was too small so the cracker mother****er bleached me white, the cracker mother****er~

Ya know, that doesn't bother me, if some body of another race called me this or an Uncle Tom. I would just laugh at them about how ignorant they are.

But you let any of my grand kids say this to another white person, I'm all over their ass.

OBTW, ROFL

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Post the poll.

I will, you didn't answer the question Slick Willie.

You are still wiggling your way through lies and deflecting ?

RNR
11-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Ya know, that doesn't bother me, if some body of another race called me this or an Uncle Tom. I would just laugh at them about how ignorant they are.

But you let any of my grand kids say this to another white person, I'm all over their ass.

OBTW, ROFL

It really does not bother me but the double standard does~

Brock
11-18-2012, 07:28 PM
I will, you didn't answer the question Slick Willie.

You are still wiggling your way through lies and deflecting ?

Maybe he's too busy practicing Statanism!!!!:rockon:

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 07:28 PM
ZACH

Answer the question and I'll even let you help me come up with the perfect question.

Deal ?

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 07:29 PM
It really does not bother me but the double standard does~

I agree ........

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Maybe he's too busy practicing Statanism!!!!:rockon:

Naw, he's too busy figuring out his next way to wiggle out of another question.

Direckshun
11-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Does a single white person in this thread find the term "cracker" remotely offensive?

Remotely?

RNR
11-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Does a single white person in this thread find the term "cracker" remotely offensive?

Remotely?

Fuck you cracker~

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 07:41 PM

Remotely?

Nope. I love crackers.

My grand son calls me a cracker. ( for fun )

RNR
11-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Nope. I love crackers.

My grand son calls me a cracker. ( for fun )

Alright you crackers are taking cracker too well, I am going with peckerwood from now on :harumph:

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Alright you crackers are taking cracker too well, I am going with peckerwood from now on :harumph:

Alright dammit, you are going to offend Woody now!:banghead:

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 07:56 PM
ZACH

Answer the question and I'll even let you help me come up with the perfect question.

Deal ?

Zach, where are you ?

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Zach, where are you ?

Under your skin.

RNR
11-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Under your white skin.

Just trying to stay on topic~

Brock
11-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Under your skin.

You worship Statan.

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Just trying to stay on topic~

LMAO

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Under your skin.

Nope, I am going to pester you until you finally act like a man and answer the questions. For several years I have pretty much tried to ignore your arrogance towards me. I have had enough, you can't handle somebody calling you out. I found this out several years ago. But you see ZACH, I let it go until now. You love to have your cake and eat it too.

You are find with getting your questions answered so that you can spin your arrogance & liberalism on it.

But the facts are, you do not have the balls to answer the questions honestly from anybody in return, instead you oil yourself up like a worm and wiggling yourself out of it.

You do a good job there Slick Willie. Come clean, No nuts !

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Nope, I am going to pester you until you finally act like a man and answer the questions. For several years I have pretty much tried to ignore your arrogance towards me. I have had enough, you can't handle somebody calling you out. I found this out several years ago. But you see ZACH, I let it go until now. You love to have your cake and eat it too.

You are find with getting your questions answered so that you can spin your arrogance & liberalism on it.

But the facts are, you do not have the balls to answer the questions honestly from anybody in return, instead you oil yourself up like a worm and wiggling yourself out of it.

You do a good job there Slick Willie. Come clean, No nuts !

I can tell this is very important to you.

Give me everything you have.

I have no idea what any of this mean but let lose the Roy dogs of war!

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 08:13 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9jK-NcRmVcw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
I can tell this is very important to you.

Give me everything you have.

I have no idea what any of this mean but let lose the Roy dogs of war!

Heh, what a weasel you are. I'll have to spend an hour now back searching every question over several threads, but I will.

I will post them all on to one thread and let you for once act like a man.

I want truthful, honest answers to the questions and NO liberal spin, stay with the topic and question.

If you can do this, I will let you help decide the question for the poll, Deal ?

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Heh, what a weasel you are. I'll have to spend an hour now back searching every question over several threads, but I will.

I will post them all on to one thread and let you for once act like a man.

I want truthful, honest answers to the questions and NO liberal spin, stay with the topic and question.

If you can do this, I will let you help decide the question for the poll, Deal ?

Oh my god please do this.

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Oh my god please do this.

Make sure tomorrow when the thread is up, you put your nuts in your sack.
Yur going to need them cause you are not use to giving honest, truthful answers without any spin.

You spin them with your usual B S, it's the same as being uncommitted to your word, a liar. Do not deflect them as a way to get away from answering them.

Your arrogant ass is finally on the clock!

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Make sure tomorrow when the thread is up, you put your nuts in your sack.
Yur going to need them cause you are not use to giving honest, truthful answers without any spin.

You spin them with your usual B S, it's the same as being uncommitted to your word, a liar. Do not deflect them as a way to get away from answering them.

Your arrogant ass is finally on the clock!

Nuts and asses and sacks and shits and spinning.

This is a very intense situation we are dealing with right now.

ROYC75
11-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Nuts and asses and sacks and shits and spinning.

This is a very intense situation we are dealing with right now.

Still arrogant I see . Shall we let CP be the judge of whether you answer them honestly or full of spin ?

My guess, you will have to answer them since they will judge.

FTR, It's sad that this is the only way for you to stand up and act like a man with balls.

Brock
11-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Still arrogant I see . Shall we let CP be the judge of whether you answer them honestly or full of spin ?

Let's.

|Zach|
11-18-2012, 08:42 PM

FTR, It's sad that this is the only way for you to stand up and act like a man with balls.

Yes! Whatever you are doing or saying just do all of it.

This is serious...serious business.

Do everything in your power.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dozAOzXeOXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RNR
11-18-2012, 08:47 PM

You need to start a thread to address this and let the planet members decide. That will settle you and his dispute by vote. That and I can get back to pissing of white people in this thread, which to be honest is my biggest concern. It's hard for a racist out here~

WoodDraw
11-18-2012, 10:39 PM
I vote we ban the word "deflecting" from DC.

WoodDraw
11-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Also, only here could a thread against racial slurs turn into an argument. :/

Phobia
11-18-2012, 11:28 PM
I vote we ban the word "deflecting" from DC.

I see what you did there. Trying to take this thread about racial slurs and Roy and Zach off course?

|Zach|
11-19-2012, 12:44 AM
I see what you did there. Trying to take this thread about racial slurs and Roy and Zach off course?

Nobody can stop this crazy train.

Nobody.

patteeu
11-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Could you please show me the rule that was made making it okay to use a racist tone, just as long as you don't actual use name calling to do it? I didn't get to vote on that one and I've been here just as long as you.

I don't know what a "racist tone" even means. Something is either racist on it's face or it's not. You could say that you really hate Jamaal Charles and it might be completely based on your racist beliefs, but I have no way of knowing it unless I can read your mind.

patteeu
11-19-2012, 07:53 AM

You're a moron on a pretty consistent basis so we've got that too.

patteeu
11-19-2012, 07:56 AM
Many but not all. For example I don't remember voting about bumping old threads = ban

or word filter evasions

or Rude comments in prayers threads

or being respectful to Mods

I agree. This place isn't a pure democracy, but for bowser to act like it's never been democratic at all is ridiculous. We're becoming less and less community-driven and more and more driven by moderator pet peeve over time though.

durtyrute
11-19-2012, 07:58 AM
One big bowl of
"I want to say racist shit."

"No, you can't say racist shit."

"What about @#$%^, is that racist?"

"Yes, that is racist"

"But, I REALLY want to say racist shit"

"Okay, you can say #$%"

"That's not good enough, I want to say @#$%%^&"

"Okay, you can say that"

"Really"

"No"

patteeu
11-19-2012, 08:08 AM

What's so difficult (or offensive to you) about having a list (and possibly even a filter) for words that have been deemed offensive by the board? I'll never understand why people think it's better to have vague and amorphous rules when it's so simple to have bright line rules.

For your information, I don't use these words so I don't need a list. But given the nature of the board and the fact that many offensive words and phrases ARE tolerated, a list is the only way to put everyone on notice. Flopnuts put Roy and anyone else who happened to read that thread on notice about "raghead", but most of our membership didn't read that thread.

patteeu
11-19-2012, 08:13 AM

This is a patronizingly racist attitude.

BucEyedPea
11-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Hot damn baby, I said IMHO, if ........ What's this crap about being a progressive?

Thinking we need to handle "terrorists" ( as a generality ) by remaining for generations in Muslim lands is very much a progressive idea. It's social engineering the planet. This is not defending the country from AQ, originally a small group. You're not going to change "chaostan" by bombing them. It makes more terrorists.

And at the same time by not being there we are not ready to help our troops and allies of need when needed.
My point was to stop interfering in the disputes of other countries as much as we are today.
Conservativism advocates a less interventionist foreign policy aka a "humble" one. Even the foreign policy Realist camp doesn't advocate what we're currently doing.

What is the best approach?

Does anybody really know ?

See above. Less intervention aka stay the hell out of other places. Let them fight their own battles. If we do, don't leave military bases on the lands of these people who don't want us there.

La literatura
11-19-2012, 08:21 AM
What's so difficult (or offensive to you) about having a list (and possibly even a filter) for words that have been deemed offensive by the board? I'll never understand why people think it's better to have vague and amorphous rules when it's so simple to have bright line rules.

Why should it be simple? Some issues fit better with a standard, rather than a bright line rule. With standards, we can have room for the acceptance of N****r Jim in "Huck Finn" but the prohibition of say, "Shut up, you stupid n****r."

I'll never understand why some people think standards are so difficult to cope with.

patteeu
11-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Basically it's not against the rules to be racist. Be racist all you want. You can technically say I am part of the KKK and I hate black people without fear of being banned. But start slinging racial slurs and you got trouble.

We can't possibly filter all racial slurs. It's impossible because many of them are perfectly acceptable words used in correct context.

The reason DC is largely ignored is because we found that it's impossible to moderate closely without being accused of bias or taking a side. The only time we swing the mod stick in this forum is when posts are reported.

Nothing has changed with Flop's announcement here. He's just reminding everybody of the rules as a courtesy because it has been a trending issue here in D.C.

It seems to me that you moderators have a duty, especially in this supposedly lightly moderated forum, to account for the fact that one side (the politically correct side) is going to report a lot of... let's call it borderline stuff... that the other side (the speech tolerance side) wouldn't report in reverse. If you only take action when posts are reported, especially in the absence of any clearly defined rules as to what words will trigger action, you're inevitably going to be acting in a biased manner.

And it's not a solution to just encourage the other side to do more reporting to even up the score.

A better solution, IMO, is to take action against the people who report posts when you decide the post isn't worthy of action itself to discourage over-reporting. For example, if someone reports one of the leaf blower posts from Vailpass that have a clear history of being acceptable here, that person should get the temp ban that they were trying to call down on Vailpass.