PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Military Absentee Ballots Delivered One Day Late, Would Have Swung Election For Mitt

BucEyedPea
11-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Does the left still think every vote should count?

WASHINGTON, DC – Sources confirmed today that hundreds of thousands of military absentee ballots were delivered hours after the deadline for them to be counted, with preliminary counts showing that they would have overturned the vote in several states and brought a victory for Governor Mitt Romney.

Officials say the ballots were delivered late due to problems within the military mail system. Tracking invoices show the ballots sat in a warehouse for a month, then they were accidentally labeled as ammunition and shipped to Afghanistan. At Camp Dwyer, Marine Sergeant John Davis signed for them and was surprised at the contents.

“It’s a shame,” Rear Admiral John Dawes said when asked for comment. “I expected a delay so I ordered that everyone cast their votes eight months ago. It’s really unfortunate that our mail system failed us and directly affected the course of history.”

The whole report of incidents is pretty bad. Another military screw-up or the advantages of incumbency? :doh!:

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/11/military-absentee-ballots-delivered-one-day-late-would-have-swung-election-for-romney/

Brainiac
11-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Q

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266382

Brainiac
11-21-2012, 07:31 AM
By the way, duffelblog.com is a satire web site.

Not your best thread, BEP.

Messier
11-21-2012, 07:33 AM
I think this was a joke.

FishingRod
11-21-2012, 07:34 AM
LOL BEP , It happens

Brainiac
11-21-2012, 07:34 AM
I think this was a joke.

The article or the thread?

Messier
11-21-2012, 07:36 AM
The article or the thread?

I meant the article, but now that you mention it....

Saulbadguy
11-21-2012, 07:37 AM
:LOL:

VAChief
11-21-2012, 07:38 AM

Dang, this one looked legit too.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/11/paula-broadwell-linked-to-affair-with-half-of-the-clandestine-services/

BucEyedPea
11-21-2012, 07:38 AM

It was linked elsehwhere. I never heard of the site but it didn't look like satire at first look.

Brainiac
11-21-2012, 07:39 AM
I meant the article, but now that you mention it....
There's always the chance that BEP knew the article was a joke, knew it had already been posted and debunked in another thread, and was just having a little fun with the Left.

Edit: Oops, never mind.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-21-2012, 07:39 AM
It was linked elsehwhere. I never heard of the site but it didn't look like satire at first look.

We've all been done it at one time or another.

loochy
11-21-2012, 07:41 AM
That website sucks. That's not even humorous. It's just like...straightface.

http://myscriptx.com/dl/228/notfunny.gif

BucEyedPea
11-21-2012, 07:41 AM
There's always the chance that BEP knew the article was a joke, knew it had already been posted and debunked in another thread, and was just having a little fun with the Left.

Edit: Oops, never mind.

Actually no, I didn't. Only if you start to go through the site do you see the satire, which I did after you mentioned it. But not when it's the article on a page due to a link.

BucEyedPea
11-21-2012, 07:42 AM
That website sucks. That's not even humorous. It's just like...straightface.

http://myscriptx.com/dl/228/notfunny.gif

Yeah, it isn't humorous.

BucEyedPea
11-21-2012, 07:43 AM
We've all been done it at one time or another.

Feel free to delete it, then. That's what I would do if I had the option. But it's not a post so I can't.

Brainiac
11-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Actually no, I didn't. Only if you start to go through the site do you see the satire, which I did after you mentioned it. But not when it's the article on a page due to a link.
To be fair, that web site does suck. It's not nearly as funny or clever as the Onion, and the article you posted does read like a serious article.

BucEyedPea
11-21-2012, 07:48 AM
To be fair, that web site does suck. It's not nearly as funny or clever as the Onion, and the article you posted does read like a serious article.

I does. But if that site is satire...oh brother is it poorly done. It's not all blatantly obvious either. Not like say the Onion or even the Cube.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Feel free to delete it, then. That's what I would do if I had the option. But it's not a post so I can't.

It's frowned on by the establishment. It's really not a big deal.

Dave Lane
11-21-2012, 07:57 AM
If you can read that text and in ANY way not IMMEDIATELY know its either satire or insane, it says a lot about your intellect.

BucEyedPea
11-21-2012, 07:58 AM
It's frowned on by the establishment. It's really not a big deal.

There's an establishment here too? :doh!:

BucEyedPea
11-21-2012, 08:01 AM
If you can read that text and in ANY way not IMMEDIATELY know its either satire or insane, it says a lot about your intellect.

Not when you know how govt operates....particularly the post office.
Apparently, you have never had anything valuable and irreplaceable lost by it. I have.
My dad worked there for 30 years and complained.

But I did a quick read...not a careful study. But ya' know, smart people make mistakes. Look at how often scientists have been wrong through history until a single one comes along to straighten things out for the rest of them.

Brock
11-21-2012, 08:05 AM
LMAO

FD
11-21-2012, 08:31 AM

Very much this.

In other news, I think HCF is still demanding a full investigation.

Fat Elvis
11-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Very much this.

In other news, I think HCF is still demanding a full investigation.

ROFL

BucEyedPea
11-21-2012, 08:35 AM
Very much this.

It actually means nothing regarding intellect. It's called just not being careful. The guy who linked it actually posted in parentheses at the end of his comment, that it was satirical but also believable because of how govt operates. I didn't read beyond his link though. But flame away, it says more about your own character.

BucEyedPea
11-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Meanwhile statists like Fat Elvis, Dave Lane and FD believe the most demonstrably false ideas proven by history time and time again. That somehow we can all pay $10 in taxes, with the bureaucracy getting $7 of that dollar but still get $20 back.ROFL

Dick Bull
11-21-2012, 08:54 AM
LMAO

You know that there are problems when your beliefs fall hand in hand with a satirical piece.

Amnorix
11-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Apparently, you have never had anything valuable and irreplaceable lost by it. I have.

But I did a quick read...not a careful study. But ya' know, smart people make mistakes. Look at how often scientists have been wrong through history until a single one comes along to straighten things out for the rest of them.

You thought for a second that some rear admiral could order the entire military to fill out ballots in MARCH?!

Rear Admiral John Dawes said when asked for comment. “I expected a delay so I ordered that everyone cast their votes eight months ago.

La literatura
11-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Can't make this stuff up, folks.

La literatura
11-21-2012, 12:33 PM

Do you know how the gov't operates? Apparently you have some trouble. For instance, absentee ballots are still counted after election day (directly contradicting the premise of this satirical article). Also, you should know that Obama won the popular vote by several million votes. There probably aren't more than 300K total military forces overseas, much less in Afghanistan alone (also directly contradicting the premise of this satirical article).

Bowser
11-21-2012, 12:41 PM
BEP, I've heard rumors that Texas is about to secede. Have you heard or read anything lately that would back that up?

Pants
11-21-2012, 12:44 PM
You're talking to the same lady that thought a random picture of Obama laughing was his reaction to civilian drone attack casualties.

Pitt Gorilla
11-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Literally nobody is dumb enough to think that is real.

durtyrute
11-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Could the millions on the East affected by Sandy have swung the vote?

La literatura
11-21-2012, 12:51 PM
You're talking to the same lady that thought a random picture of Obama laughing was his reaction to civilian drone attack casualties.

I must have missed that one. Sounds typical, though.

Mr. Kotter
11-21-2012, 02:21 PM

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Chin-up BEP. We don't really expect any better from you. Heh.

WilliamTheIrish
11-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Holy shit. LMAO

R8tard, HCF, and poor BEP swallowed that one whole. The company you keep.

I feel kind of bad for BEP. She's got a pretty good intellectual capacity. I can easily see HCF and R8ers falling for this.

BucEyedPea
11-21-2012, 02:40 PM
BEP, I've heard rumors that Texas is about to secede. Have you heard or read anything lately that would back that up?

I saw some petitions on the WH site if that's what you mean but I didn't expect those to get anywhere.

BucEyedPea
11-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Holy shit. LMAO

R8tard, HCF, and poor BEP swallowed that one whole. The company you keep.

I feel kind of bad for BEP. She's got a pretty good intellectual capacity. I can easily see HCF and R8ers falling for this.

Well, when you know some of the screw-ups that govt has committed it's not so unbelievable.

|Zach|
11-21-2012, 02:41 PM

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

WilliamTheIrish
11-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Can't make this stuff up, folks.

There are days when I skim the thread titles from HCF's "FWD- INBOX" and just move on thinking he'll step in a small pile of cat feces in the sand box.

And then, on his own...

WilliamTheIrish
11-21-2012, 02:53 PM
"Ballots Not Retrieved - BucEyedPea Believed".

I can see this thread getting bumped for years and then getting put on universal-fake-I-can-see-the-replies-but-your-all-flying-monkeys-mercantileist-federalists-UN-globalists-I-linked-it-here-somewhere-but-I'm-not-looking-for-it-the-malls-are-full-ignore.

Have a good Thanksgiving, BEP.

BucEyedPea
11-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Have a good Thanksgiving, BEP.
Apparently other service members have been fooled by the site. I mean if female officers sent nude photos to a general facing sex crime charges really happened what else could happen.

Satirical military news site fools some readers

By Gina Harkins - Staff writer
Posted : Tuesday Aug 14, 2012 17:11:26 EDT

A fake military news site is doing such a good job of lampooning the service, it’s already duped some officials into thinking their breaking news is real.

Former Marine Sgt. Paul Szoldra, from Lakeland, Fla., runs The Duffel Blog, the military’s equivalent to the satirical newspaper, The Onion. He has about 20 writers regularly contributing stories on a volunteer basis from the Army, Navy and Marine Corps.

“I guess airmen just don’t have anything to complain about,” he said, jokingly about the site’s lack of Air Force contributors.

Szoldra said an official at Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington received at least one phone call from a service member miffed about the ban on his favorite mixed martial arts gear, not realizing it was all meant in jest....http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/08/army-fake-military-news-site-the-duffel-blog-fools-readers-081412/

Oh, and this thread has pulled in some flying-monkeys. Goes to show you what happens when one actually admits making a mistake.
The RR quote was not a outright fabrication either if one read that chapter.

|Zach|
11-21-2012, 03:04 PM
So stupid.

-King-
11-21-2012, 06:52 PM
ROFL ROFL

Dave Lane
11-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Literally nobody is dumb enough to think that is real.

Ummm uhhh I'm not sure how to break this to you and BEP

Dave Lane
11-21-2012, 07:16 PM
You thought for a second that some rear admiral could order the entire military to fill out ballots in MARCH?!

Before there were even candidates ROFL Its truly amazing, ballots fell over board, were shipped as ammo to Afghanistan how anyone could even for a moment...

KChiefer
11-21-2012, 08:40 PM
WHY DOESN"T THIS MSM COVER THIS!?!?!?!?!?

Dick Bull
11-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Reminds me of the South Park episode when Cartman steals the election.

Stuff is for real.

ROFL

Cannibal
11-22-2012, 05:56 AM

She might have an interesting anecdote she could throw your way.

Cannibal
11-22-2012, 05:59 AM
Boy you know she was really excited when she found that page too. She was really gonna stick it to the left with that one!!! "I got those leftist, statist, commies now!!!!"

NewChief
11-22-2012, 06:14 AM
Ouch. This incident should ( but likely won't) cause some serious self-examination for those who bought into this shit. Your ideological bias is overriding your critical thinking ability, and that's sad.

ILChief
11-22-2012, 06:47 AM
Fail

I will only believe it if the onion reports it

BucEyedPea
11-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Have you ever made a mistake NewChief?

Ouch. This incident should ( but likely won't) cause some serious self-examination for those who bought into this shit. Your ideological bias is overriding your critical thinking ability, and that's sad.

No, it's called doing a fast read and not picking up on the nuanced details but the general gist. The two paragraphs I posted are what I really got my attention and the headline. I actually did check out the name of the site and wonder if it was valid because I never heard of the site before. I even looked on the surface at the right-hand side, which did baffle me somewhat but not enough. I missed the parentheses attached after the original link which said it was satire, because after I clicked and entered the article's page, I never went back to see the rest of the sentence.

Seriously, it was an honest mistake and admitted to. Why don't you ask how it happened. Do you always beat someone up for making a mistake, especially after they admit it? You must be a cruel teacher if you do.

cosmo20002
11-22-2012, 09:55 AM

No, it's called doing a fast read and not picking up on the nuanced details but the general gist. The two paragraphs I posted are what I really got my attention and the headline. I actually did check out the name of the site and wonder if it was valid because I never heard of the site before. I even looked on the surface at the right-hand side, which did baffle me somewhat but not enough. I missed the parentheses attached after the original link which said it was satire, because after I clicked and entered the article's page, I never went back to see the rest of the sentence.

Seriously, it was an honest mistake and admitted to. Why don't you ask how it happened. Do you always beat someone up for making a mistake, especially after they admit it? You must be a cruel teacher if you do.

Frankly, I had assumed all the stuff you have posted was satire. You mean they weren't? All those other posts were serious?

NewChief
11-22-2012, 10:13 AM

I'm not beating you up. I'm questioning the critical thinking ability of someone who would believe:
1) the military votes weren't counted
2) they would swing the election to Romney
3) this was being ignored

I know it was an honest mistake, but I'm just saying you need to honestly evaluate your cognitive process that would lead you to be so gullible on something so obviously ridiculous.

go bowe
11-22-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm not beating you up. I'm questioning the critical thinking ability of someone who would believe:

I know it was an honest mistake, but I'm just saying you need to honestly evaluate your cognitive process that would lead you to be so gullible on something so obviously ridiculous.

nail, head...

Mr. Kotter
11-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Frankly, I had assumed all the stuff you have posted was satire. You mean they weren't? All those other posts were serious?

:spock:

:hmmm:

LMAO

No kidding. Heh.

ROFL

go bowe
11-22-2012, 10:54 PM

yes, completely seriously kooky serious...

are you new here?

go bowe
11-22-2012, 10:56 PM
:spock:

:hmmm:

LMAO

No kidding. Heh.

ROFL

whatcha drinkin bud?

i'm lining up some dark rum and coke for the evening...

good food, good weed, good times...

now it's home and relax time with a good stiff drink...

Mr. Kotter
11-22-2012, 10:59 PM
whatcha drinkin bud?

i'm lining up some dark rum and coke for the evening...

good food, good weed, good times...

now it's home and relax time with a good stiff drink...

At the moment....sadly for CB/patty/mark's hopes, just water.

I could probably be talked into something stiffer, though. :shrug:

Hope you and yours had a grand Thanksgiving Day celebration. :thumb:

go bowe
11-22-2012, 11:04 PM
At the moment....sadly for CB/patty/mark's hopes, just water.

I could probably be talked into something stiffer, though. :shrug:

Hope you and yours had a grand Thanksgiving Day celebration. :thumb:

who's mark? oh, you mean mlyon?

t-day was grand indeed at the go bowe hacienda and environs...

stuffed the turkey then stuffed myself...

the diet has gone all to hell, but back on the horse tomorrow...

hope you guys had a happy thanksgiving as well...

Phobia
11-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Hilarious thread. I get along with BEP okay I think but I surmised it was satire in the first sentence... in the headline, really. Then the rest of the article simple sent it over the top. I don't see how anybody could have fallen for that even with a pint of whiskey in them.

suzzer99
11-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Well if it makes you feel any better BEP, my mom sent me this (from my uncle) in one of those Fwd: FWD: fwd: FWD: emails, asking if it was true - http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/stance.asp

From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" the THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag. General Bill Gann' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides". "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression.." "The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing." Obama continued: "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. If that were our anthem, then, I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love.It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails — perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments ....."

When I become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations ofIslam, an unfair injustice which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past".

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed,CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America"

The original source:

While this controversy was all the rage on the Internet, political columnist John Semmens included a bit at the end of one of his satirical "Semi-News" columns (found on the web site of The Arizona Conservative) offering a mock explanation from Senator Obama about his non-hand-over-heart stance, poking fun at the candidate by having him voice the opinion that "the American flag is a symbol of oppression" and that the U.S. national anthem is too "bellicose" and should be replaced by something gentler like "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing."

This bit of satire evidently came off as too believable to some readers, as it was excerpted from Semmens' column and forwarded via e-mail (without attribution) as a genuine statement from Senator Obama. However topical it might have been, it was just a bit of political commentary-cum-humor, not Barack Obama's own words.

I know preemptively send my family Onion articles and other satirical piecees that I have a feeling will probably wind up in their chain emails.

WilliamTheIrish
11-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Well if it makes you feel any better BEP, my mom sent me this (from my uncle) in one of those Fwd: FWD: fwd: FWD: emails, asking if it was true - http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/stance.asp

Sounds like your mother is on HCF's FWD: list.

Pablo
11-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Lulz all day long.

suzzer99
11-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Sounds like your mother is on HCF's FWD: list.

From my uncle yeah, sadly.

RNR
11-27-2012, 04:58 PM
I demand these votes are counted!!! LMAO

VAChief
11-27-2012, 06:10 PM
In a related story, a Chinese "news" source prints an Onion article. You can't get any better than this one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20518929

BigRedChief
11-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Does the left still think every vote should count?

The whole report of incidents is pretty bad. Another military screw-up or the advantages of incumbency? :doh!:

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/11/military-absentee-ballots-delivered-one-day-late-would-have-swung-election-for-romney/
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/11/25/h-iB-1RnKEW5Q-72IDZ0xw2.jpg

Pawnmower
11-27-2012, 07:34 PM
it didn't look like satire at first look.

That is because you are a complete moron.

Ugly Duck
11-28-2012, 03:19 AM
The Onion names Kim Jong Un 'Sexiest Man Alive,' Communist Party newspaper - missing the satire - runs with it

BEIJING — The online version of China's Communist Party newspaper has hailed a report by The Onion naming North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un as the "Sexiest Man Alive" — not realizing it is satire.

The People's Daily on Tuesday ran a 55-page photo spread on its website in a tribute to the round-faced leader, under the headline "North Korea's top leader named The Onion's Sexiest Man Alive for 2012."

Quoting The Onion's spoof report, the Chinese newspaper wrote, "With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and his strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heartthrob is every woman's dream come true."

"Blessed with an air of power that masks an unmistakable cute, cuddly side, Kim made this newspaper's editorial board swoon with his impeccable fashion sense, chic short hairstyle, and, of course, that famous smile," the People's Daily cited The Onion as saying.

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/kim-jong-un-onion-sexiest-man-alive-2012-peoplesdaily.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
11-28-2012, 10:31 AM
That's a fact!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRySBzwFiW6sIJAqnAOlQcrPBjFvA-bSs0-o-ulMfnwbw7oczb9

Mr. Kotter
11-29-2012, 11:06 AM
That's a fact!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRySBzwFiW6sIJAqnAOlQcrPBjFvA-bSs0-o-ulMfnwbw7oczb9

That's just as I picture her, too....

banyon
11-30-2012, 06:44 AM
I'll have to admit, I didn't think this was satire either. I just assumed it was the same sketchy places she usually gets her news from and accepts just as uncritically. The place that told her Lincoln was a rapist, that there are communes in Asia with 150 year olds, that standard oil got bigger after antitrust lawsuits.

Bowser
11-30-2012, 10:54 AM
I'll have to admit, I didn't think this was satire either. I just assumed it was the same sketchy places she usually gets her news from and accepts just as uncritically. The place that told her Lincoln was a rapist, that there are communes in Asia with 150 year olds, that standard oil got bigger after antitrust lawsuits.

http://www.gagbay.com/images/2012/09/this_is_an_iphone-155001.jpg

Mr. Kotter
11-30-2012, 11:06 AM
I'll have to admit, I didn't think this was satire either. I just assumed it was the same sketchy places she usually gets her news from and accepts just as uncritically. The place that told her Lincoln was a rapist, that there are communes in Asia with 150 year olds, that standard oil got bigger after antitrust lawsuits..

Dave Lane
11-30-2012, 11:48 AM
That's a fact!

I doubt she looks that good. I'm figuring more Phyllis Diller...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/84/Phyllis_Diller_Allan_Warren.jpg/512px-Phyllis_Diller_Allan_Warren.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
11-30-2012, 12:17 PM
I doubt she looks that good. I'm figuring more Phyllis Diller...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/84/Phyllis_Diller_Allan_Warren.jpg/512px-Phyllis_Diller_Allan_Warren.jpgEh, I was banking on somebody getting the reference. It's the mom from "So I Married an Axe Murderer." She refers to the Weekly World news as "The Paper" and believes the paper to be comprised of facts.

Dave Lane
11-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Tell me you didn't see that Phyliss Diller pic and not go BEP!!!1!!

RNR
12-02-2012, 06:19 AM
Tell me you didn't see that Phyliss Diller pic and not go BEP!!!1!!

LMAO bep and meme are far and away the strangest posters I have ever encountered~