PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Defenses for the Playoffs

Pestilence
11-27-2012, 10:53 AM
My team is strong.....but I've had problems with defenses all year long. I'm currently holding onto the Panthers defense for this week (vs. Chiefs). I'm looking for a defense to use during the playoffs though. Here are the current FA defenses and their remaining schedules.

Panthers - Falcons, Chargers, Raiders
Eagles - Bucs, Bengals, Redskins
Jets - Jags, Titans, Chargers
Vikings - Bears, Rams, Texans
Chargers - Steelers, Panthers, Jets
Bills - Rams, Seahawks, Dolphins
Bucs - Eagles, Saints, Rams
Browns - Chiefs, Redskins, Broncos
Redskins - Ravens, Browns, Eagles
Chiefs (ROFL) - Browns, Raiders, Colts
Colts - Titans, Texans, Chiefs
Cowboys - Bengals, Steelers, Saints

Those games would obviously be Weeks 1, 2 and 3 of the FF playoffs. I'm not getting a 1st round bye....so I'm leaning towards Cleveland for Week 1 of the playoffs.....but after that I have no clue. So who would you pick up for Weeks 2-3 of the playoffs?

FD
11-27-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm looking at a similar issue since I've just punched my ticket to the playoffs and I've been streaming D's all year.

I'm leaning towards Bills (home v Seattle) week 15 and Colts (@ Chiefs) week 16. Its possible we'll see another QB go down like Cutler/Vick/Roethlisberger in which case everything could change.

Pestilence
11-27-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm leaning towards carrying the Browns and the Redskins. The Browns for Week 1 and then the Redskins for the following weeks (Browns and Eagles).

sedated
11-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Defenses are the one thing I never really look ahead to, unless there is a clear choice. Most of the other people in the playoffs are probably set, leaving the waiver wire fairly open, and opportunistic D/ST’s can change week-to-week.

Also, its mostly luck. Even though I have SF, they played NO last week so I went after CAR (vs PHI). They were taken, so I picked up NE (vs NYJ). 2 TDs and 5 TOs later, I’m glad CAR was already gone.

Chiefshrink
11-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Jets have the best match ups out of all the available team D's I see. Browns are also a salty D regardless of their record.

Pestilence
12-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Better defense for next week?

Jets, Browns or Bucs?