PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Breaston filing a grievance with the league?

Douche Baggins
12-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Marty just posted this.

The Chiefs are embroiled in a heated dispute that might have the agent for WR Steve Breaston filing a grievance with the league soon.

Breaston has been benched for the last 2 weeks for posting a picture on Instagram about "not wanting" to play the game after the suicide of Belcher.

-King-
12-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Wasn't he being benched before that though?

the Talking Can
pioli is hitler nazi cheese whiz

Setsuna

He was.

bevischief
12-09-2012, 02:59 PM
More duck for the sauce. Off with their heads.

Micjones
12-09-2012, 03:15 PM
The benching of Breaston has paid off.

GloryDayz
12-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Cool, Roger Goodell needs a distraction!

petegz28
So why was he benched before then???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Micjones
So why was he benched before then???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

So Baldwin could light it up.

GloryDayz
12-09-2012, 03:30 PM

:shrug: We hod other people who suck? Saving him for next year? We had the paperwork so we thought we'd use it? CH/SP/RC wants to look tough?

ChiefAshhole20
12-09-2012, 03:35 PM
And I was getting bashed for suggesting we cut him before the season...

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Sweet. Anything to fuck Pioli in the ass.

Bob Dole
12-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Bob Dole assumes he has a contract with playing time or statistics related language?

ChiefsandO'sfan
12-09-2012, 03:44 PM

Yes

JASONSAUTO
12-09-2012, 03:48 PM

The bashing was warranted.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
12-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Where can the fans file a grievance about a shitty under performing team?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-09-2012, 03:58 PM
He played against the Bengals and then was a healthy scratch against Denver. He was going to play against Carolina and then he posted a picture to instagram about the game not being played. He found out Sunday AM that he was being deactivated. He's been punished because we have a fuckin retard at OC and a POS group of QBs.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Like. http://blog.sgrouples.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/thumbs-up.png

Where can the fans file a grievance about a shitty under performing team?

Brock
12-09-2012, 04:00 PM

Because that's stupid.

ChiefAshhole20
12-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Because that's stupid.

Keeping the second best WR on the team inactive is stupid. Why keep him if he's going to just collect his pay and not suit up?

Brock
12-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Keeping the second best WR on the team inactive is stupid. Why keep him if he's going to just collect his pay and not suit up?

So we're supposed to pretend you knew he was going to be inactive?

cdcox
12-09-2012, 04:30 PM
If the Chiefs lose the grievance, they will be stripped of their first round pick.

Dr. Gigglepants
12-09-2012, 04:37 PM
If the Chiefs lose the grievance, they will be stripped of their first round pick.

Say what
Posted via Mobile Device

Fumblerooski
12-09-2012, 04:38 PM

I would absolutely lose my fucking mind under this scenario....

bevischief
12-09-2012, 04:38 PM
If Mr shits his pants was throwing to me I would do the same thing.

ChiefsandO'sfan
12-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Chiefs declared WR Steve Breaston, LT Branden Albert, NT Jerrell Powe, QB Ricky Stanzi, WR Devon Wylie, S Tysyn Hartman and RB Cyrus Gray inactive for Week 12 against the Broncos.
Jon Baldwin (concussion) is active. The Chiefs are starting third-round rookie Donald Stephenson in Albert's absence. That's extremely good news for the Broncos' lethal pass rush, particularly Von Miller. Stanzi's deactivation means the Chiefs will turn to an ineffective Matt Cassel if starter Brady Quinn is even more ineffective. Breaston has now been a healthy scratch two times in three weeks. Nov 25 - 11:32 AM

End of Grievance..............

bevischief
12-09-2012, 04:40 PM

Is this true? Being serious.

ChiefsandO'sfan
12-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Is this true? Being serious.

No

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2012, 04:46 PM

Is this true? Not sure if serious.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Nuthooks!

Douche Baggins
12-09-2012, 04:48 PM

I thought this was only if a team was caught tampering with a coach or player from a different team?

ChiefsandO'sfan
12-09-2012, 04:49 PM
I thought this was only if a team was caught tampering with a coach or player from a different team?

Chiefs declared WR Steve Breaston, LT Branden Albert, NT Jerrell Powe, QB Ricky Stanzi, WR Devon Wylie, S Tysyn Hartman and RB Cyrus Gray inactive for Week 12 against the Broncos.
Jon Baldwin (concussion) is active. The Chiefs are starting third-round rookie Donald Stephenson in Albert's absence. That's extremely good news for the Broncos' lethal pass rush, particularly Von Miller. Stanzi's deactivation means the Chiefs will turn to an ineffective Matt Cassel if starter Brady Quinn is even more ineffective. Breaston has now been a healthy scratch two times in three weeks. Nov 25 - 11:32 AM

Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel said Steve Breaston was a healthy inactive on Monday night because he wanted to "get a younger player up to see what the younger player could do."
That "younger player" was fourth-round rookie Devon Wylie. He didn't register in the box score and played just six offensive snaps. "(Breaston)'s a veteran player, and some young guys might have a little more quickness and a little bit more speed, and if you as a coach want to take a look at that speed, you have to make a move," Crennel added. Breaston has just six catches for 61 yards in year two of a five-year, $22.55 million contract signed prior to 2011.
Source: Kansas City Star
Nov 14 - 9:20 PM

End of Grievance.............. Before Belcher death

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
"He wanted to try a n00b, because he knew the season was mule shit, he would soon be fired, and his daily donut dictated shits and giggles for this game".

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-09-2012, 05:08 PM
There is no draft pick penalty

The issue is a giant pissing match and stems from the Instagram photo. Just another sign that shit ain't right inside Arrowhead

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-09-2012, 05:10 PM
ChiefyO, that ain't the grievance. It's over the Instagram pic.

FAX
12-09-2012, 09:46 PM
At the risk of revealing my total and utter ignorance of popular technology and related subjects, what the heck is an Instagram pic?

Oh ... I also wonder if Breaston has performance bonuses in his deal with the Chiefs that Dr. Evil would prefer not to pay to a guy who Haley actually liked.

FAX

Douche Baggins
12-09-2012, 09:47 PM
At the risk of revealing my total and utter ignorance of popular technology and related subjects, what the heck is an Instagram pic?

Basically a twitter pic. They're connected.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2012, 09:48 PM
I hope Breaston wins...

JCharles1981
12-09-2012, 10:29 PM
I say just release Breaston because Matt Cassell wasn't passing much to him even when he started a few games with WR Dwayne Bowe last season. The Chiefs need to draft a rookie QB next year and permanently bench Cassell. He has shown us little to nothing in the 4 years he's been with the Chiefs so far. Since he has one year left in his contract, benching him would be a sure sign that he's on his way out once his contract will up by 2014.

FAX
12-09-2012, 10:30 PM
I say just release Breaston because Matt Cassell wasn't passing much to him even when he started a few games with WR Dwayne Bowe last season. The Chiefs need to draft a rookie QB next year and permanently bench Cassell. He has shown us little to nothing in the 4 years he's been with the Chiefs so far.

I've been thinking along those same lines, Mr. JCharles1981.

FAX

WhiteWhale
12-10-2012, 05:31 AM
I say just release Breaston because Matt Cassell wasn't passing much to him even when he started a few games with WR Dwayne Bowe last season. The Chiefs need to draft a rookie QB next year and permanently bench Cassell. He has shown us little to nothing in the 4 years he's been with the Chiefs so far. Since he has one year left in his contract, benching him would be a sure sign that he's on his way out once his contract will up by 2014.

Eh... He had just under 800 yards in 2011. That's not a bad season for a #2 WR.

BoneKrusher
12-10-2012, 06:30 AM
So Baldwin could light it up.

yep, Peeoli wanted his draft pick to outshine Haley's free agent from Arizona.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 07:46 AM
There is no draft pick penalty

The issue is a giant pissing match and stems from the Instagram photo. Just another sign that shit ain't right inside Arrowhead

Win 2 games out of 13 and you're "the right guy for the job".

Post an objectionable (in the team's eyes) pic on the Internet, and get perma-benched.

I'm sure we'll be told it doesn't matter but of course, it absolutely does.

mcaj22
12-10-2012, 08:39 AM

HE CAUGHT 61 fucking balls LAST YEAR as the WR2 opposite Bowe

please name me the WR2 this year opposite of Bowe that even came close to that? McCluster? Baldwin? get out of here with those scrubs

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 08:54 AM
HE CAUGHT 61 ****ing balls LAST YEAR as the WR2 opposite Bowe

please name me the WR2 this year opposite of Bowe that even came close to that? McCluster? Baldwin? get out of here with those scrubs

:bravo:

KC_Lee
12-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel said Steve Breaston was a healthy inactive on Monday night because he wanted to "get a younger player up to see what the younger player could do."
That "younger player" was fourth-round rookie Devon Wylie. He didn't register in the box score and played just six offensive snaps. "(Breaston)'s a veteran player, and some young guys might have a little more quickness and a little bit more speed, and if you as a coach want to take a look at that speed, you have to make a move," Crennel added. Breaston has just six catches for 61 yards in year two of a five-year, $22.55 million contract signed prior to 2011.
Source: Kansas City Star

So we deactivate a productive player to see what a younger player could do but we deactivate Stanzi because we don't want to see what that youger player could do???

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 09:03 AM
So we deactivate a productive player to see what a younger player could do but we deactivate Stanzi because we don't want to see what that youger player could do???

Of course.

It makes TOTAL sense.

philfree
12-10-2012, 10:16 AM

And to go along with that we keep trotting out Charles play after play.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-10-2012, 10:36 AM
yep, Peeoli wanted his draft pick to outshine Haley's free agent from Arizona.

This. End of story.

GloryDayz
12-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Sorry if I missed it, but can somebody post the Insta Pic? Or a link? I too am confused..

Perhaps after we see it we can determine is Breaston is a boob...

DBOSHO
12-10-2012, 11:15 AM

I'd give anything for any one of our reporters to ask Romeo that.

GloryDayz
12-10-2012, 11:30 AM
I'd give anything for any one of our reporters to ask Romeo that.

LOL, not back the the Rosie O'Donnell and a strap-on thing please!