PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs You scared?

Pages : [1] 2

Phobia
12-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Any of you guys worried this year marks the beginning of another seriously dry spell for Chiefs football? I can easily see them blowing for another decade based on this horrific tenure by Pioli. Am I just paranoid or is this a legitimate fear? I don't want to become a casual fan who watches 3 games a year.

Anybody have any reason for optimism in 2013 and 2014? I know high first round draft picks are reason for optimism but the bust rate for quarterbacks is higher than defensive linemen and we all know how we've fared selecting early defensive linemen.

MIAdragon
12-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Beginning!?

Count Alex's Losses
Geno will save us.

Lprechaun
Every season I come back with hope. Colts did it, some of our players truly are talented, just need the right direction. Foundation players arent there but when a new regime comes in I think the whole atmosphere if it goes back to accountability and responsibility will result in a team on the upswing.

Rain Man
12-10-2012, 03:47 PM
1999 Rams, my friend. 1999 Rams.

All this league requires any more is quarterbacks. If I was the GM, my roster would contain 52 quarterbacks and a center, and I would have a dynasty. Any team can win it all if they get a top quarterback.

Phobia
Beginning!?

Fair point. I should have chosen a better word.

Strongside
Any of you guys worried this year marks the beginning of a seriously dry spell for Chiefs football? I can easily see them blowing for a decade based on this horrific tenure by Pioli. Am I just paranoid or is this a legitimate fear? I don't want to become a casual fan who watches 3 games a year.

Anybody have any reason for optimism in 2013 and 2014? I know high first round draft picks are reason for optimism but the bust rate for quarterbacks is higher than defensive linemen and we all know how we've fared selecting early defensive linemen.

I'm going all in on the Royals at this point. The Chiefs will be the furthest thing from my mind until the weeks leading up to the draft.

ptlyon
Dry spell? Where you been since 1969 Phobs???

something cooler
Maybe we'll have an exciting offseason.

Rain Man
12-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Beginning!?

I actually checked the date of the post, because I assumed it was from 1972.

kcfanXIII
if your 10 year dry spell is retroactive, we should almost be done with it right? i mean, the team has pretty much sucked balls every year since 2003, except a couple teams that were able to slip into the post season, only to be exposed as the frauds they were. do you still watch more than 3 games a year?

ChiTown
Dry spell? Where you been since 1970 Phobs???

Fixed It

THIS

and yes, I'm old as shit

MIAdragon

LMAO

SNR
12-10-2012, 03:49 PM
I always have optimism for change. Especially when it's the kind of broad sweeping change we're about to see. New guys at ALL of the important franchise positions.

I think if we hit the bullseye on any one of the GM, HC, or QBs we acquire, the franchise will at the very least start winning games again. 7-9s and 8-8s. If we hit on two of them, we're challenging for the division. If we nail all three, then we've successfully obtained what all the other great teams have around the league, and can start seriously doing some damage.

If we hire another Pioli, however, who then hires another Haley/Romeo and drafts/trades for a Matt Cassel and becomes irrationally attached to the turd, then we're doomed like you say.

Sorter
12-10-2012, 03:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/m00lr.gif

http://i.imgur.com/7v9iW.jpg

niblet

ROFL

something cooler
Im actually very worried that we won't get a home playoff game until Manning retires. I really enjoyed that Ravens game it was really something on a different level. I would love to get to go to another playoff game, but I just don't see it with Manning in the division playing at the level him in the Broncos are right now.

ptlyon
Fixed It

THIS

and yes, I'm old as shit

69 Chiefs, 70 super bowl. Tit for tat

Reaper16
Quick turnarounds can happen in the NFL. Look at the Colts this year. They aren't very good, but they're in line for a playoff spot. And the new GM and coach turned over more than half the roster.

BigRedChief
12-10-2012, 03:54 PM

All this league requires any more is quarterbacks. If I was the GM, my roster would contain 52 quarterbacks and a center, and I would have a dynasty. Any team can win it all if they get a top quarterback.THIS!

If we blow or the selected QB blows, draft another and keep drafting a QB until we get our QOTF.

You get a good QB, things can turn around real quick.

Brock
12-10-2012, 03:55 PM
The dry spell started a long time ago.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 03:55 PM
As long as Clark gets the right people in here, we're okay.

Phobia
12-10-2012, 03:58 PM
As long as Clark gets the right people in here, we're okay.

You mean like 3x executive of the year and a young hotshot coordinator from one of the SuperBowl teams?

Brock
12-10-2012, 03:59 PM
There is no reason this team shouldn't be a lot more competitive than it is. This is caused by a screwed up environment within the team. Yeah, they need a QB, but let's not pretend the talent level isn't up to snuff in most other aspects of the team. They're just mailing it in.

|Zach|
My worry is sort of the same but sort of different in that I am concerned that Clark Hunt is unable to create a culture of winning with his organization. There is only one common denominator with all of this losing we have done and it is the Hunt family.

I think Clark means well...I think he wants to be a winner in this league and not just create a decent business and make money but I don't think he knows how to build that culture in his operation. The way businesses operate starts at the top. I am worried about that.

htismaqe
I always have optimism for change. Especially when it's the kind of broad sweeping change we're about to see. New guys at ALL of the important franchise positions.

I think if we hit the bullseye on any one of the GM, HC, or QBs we acquire, the franchise will at the very least start winning games again. 7-9s and 8-8s. If we hit on two of them, we're challenging for the division. If we nail all three, then we've successfully obtained what all the other great teams have around the league, and can start seriously doing some damage.

If we hire another Pioli, however, who then hires another Haley/Romeo and drafts/trades for a Matt Cassel and becomes irrationally attached to the turd, then we're doomed like you say.

THIS.

loochy
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-avbNQXO5B2o/TyFu7_GaCyI/AAAAAAAABGc/4xGRrEH-mTI/s1600/AIN%2527T+SKEERED.jpg

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:00 PM
You mean like 3x executive of the year and a young hotshot coordinator from one of the SuperBowl teams?

Exactly. He did what we all wanted him to do and it still isn't working. This thing is bigger than a few players and a GM.

Brock
12-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Exactly. He did what we all wanted him to do and it still isn't working. This thing is bigger than a few players and a GM.

A few players, a GM, and a coach who isn't looking over his shoulder at the GM would make a lot of problems go away.

Count Alex's Losses
12-10-2012, 04:02 PM
The common denominator isn't Hunt.

It's shitty hires.

Carl hiring Herm was a shitty hire.

Clark hiring Pioli was a shitty hire.

The second we get a good GM or HC in here we'll be competitive again.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:03 PM
A few players, a GM, and a coach who isn't looking over his shoulder at the GM would make a lot of problems go away.

I agree. Why is it like that?

Why is the organization at every single level inept?

Why has it been inept for 20 or so years?

I don't fucking know the answer to any of this because it isn't obvious to me. People who have had success in other places have come here and fallen flat on their faces. What is it about the organization the Hunt family has built in Kansas City that brings failure.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:04 PM

False.

CoMoChief
12-10-2012, 04:04 PM
This team is a QB away from being a dominant team.

But in today's NFL...you MUST have a QB or you're toast.

Look how shitty the Broncos were w/ Tebow. Now, they're one of the best teams in football w/ Peyton Manning.

Why? The other players know he's winner. He's a true leader. They do whatever the hell he says in practice, meeting rooms etc. They play hard for him and don't wanna let him down because they all know if they do their part he will put them in a position to win a championship

That's why I've never understood the whole "Cassel is a great leader/teammate BS talk" No he's not. He sucks ass. We all see it and so do the coaches and players. In the NFL you lead by example. How much you wanna bet Bowe goes home and bitches about Cassel all day long behind his back? Why wouldn't he? I would. Bowe would be a 1,300+ 10+ TD WR with Peyton Manning. Bowe wouldn't drop nearly the amount of passes as he does now because Manning wouldn't put up w/ that shit.

We can't ever unleash Hali and Houston on QB's because we don't ever play w/ a lead. If we had a Peyton Manning, someone that could get the team out to a 2TD lead...then this team would destroy opposing QB's and our defense would look a lot better than it has.

Count Alex's Losses
12-10-2012, 04:05 PM
False.

Sorry but Clark was not responsible for the Carl and Herm era.

Papi
99 Rams & 12 Colts? The rare exception is not the rule. Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

BigMeatballDave

Chiefs are not far off.

It was not long ago when SF looked like ass.

Look what Harbaugh did for that team.

|Zach|
It isn't the Hunts fault. The people the Hunts hired to do their jobs did their jobs terribly. /Clayton

LMAO

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 04:06 PM

He hired the wrong guy.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:07 PM
He hired the wrong guy.

Well that makes me feel better.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 04:07 PM

It's shitty hires.

Carl hiring Herm was a shitty hire.

Clark hiring Pioli was a shitty hire.

The second we get a good GM or HC in here we'll be competitive again.

The problem is, some of these GMs think they have to hire guys from their circle of friends.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:08 PM
The problem is, some of these GMs think they have to hire guys from their circle of friends.

Sounds like a bad organizational philosophy.

GloryDayz
12-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Beginning!?

Your avatar is just amazing.. I like her in chilly spaces!

Brainiac
12-10-2012, 04:09 PM
When McDumbass nearly destroyed the Donkeys, we all thought the damage would last a lot longer than it did. John Elway and John Fox turned things around almost immediately.

That gives me hope for the Chiefs. They just need to make smart hires this time.

CoMoChief
12-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Another problem is that most of these players have no idea how to be consistent in the NFL. They don't what it's like to win week in and week out. Most of their active playing time in the league has been crappy losses...and it all starts from QB.

Huard
Thigpen
Croyle
Cassel
Orton
Palko
Quinn
Stanzi

That's A LOT of crap at the most important position in team sports. In today's NFL you just can't win like that. If you have a Peyton Manning, Brady, Rodgers etc, then you instantly become a mutli-threat team.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Clark hasn't been on the job that long. He had one big swing and he missed so we may not be in a horrible position here but the wheels of this thing came off so horribly it makes wonder if this is a family and organization that understands how to win. That is all.

Lonewolf Ed
I am at a point where any optimism I have must be earned and then maintained by the Chiefs. My spirit is about crushed here.

BossChief
I agree. Why is it like that?

Why is the organization at every single level inept?

Why has it been inept for 20 or so years?

I don't fucking know the answer to any of this because it isn't obvious to me. People who have had success in other places have come here and fallen flat on their faces. What is it about the organization the Hunt family has built in Kansas City that brings failure.

Because they haven't figured out what everybody else knows.

That Quarterback is BY FAR the most important aspect to a NFL team.

Frazod
12-10-2012, 04:11 PM
I am at a point where any optimism I have must be earned and then maintained by the Chiefs. My spirit is about crushed here.

Yep. I really don't care anymore.

htismaqe
It isn't the Hunts fault. The people the Hunts hired to do their jobs did their jobs terribly. /Clayton

LMAO

Lamar and Clark aren't the same guy. Sorry.

|Zach|
Because they haven't figured out what everybody else knows.

That Quarterback is BY FAR the most important aspect to a NFL team.

They had the best offense in the whole league for a while...

Of course they couldn't have that without having the worst defense at the same time. Another failure.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Well that makes me feel better.

It was his FIRST HIRE. He made a mistake.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Lamar and Clark aren't the same guy. Sorry.

I don't disagree with that but I am not convinced they will not get the same results.

And I don't know why anyone else would.

teedubya
12-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Any of you guys worried this year marks the beginning of a seriously dry spell for Chiefs football? I can easily see them blowing for a decade based on this horrific tenure by Pioli. Am I just paranoid or is this a legitimate fear? I don't want to become a casual fan who watches 3 games a year.

I think many of the core of this team is going to leave via free agency to get away from the memory of their friend killing himself and another...

KCUnited
Another dry spell??? I barely remember ever getting a little bit of water sprayed on us.

bevischief
Only if they don't clean house.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 04:14 PM
I don't disagree with that but I am not convinced they will not get the same results.

And I don't know why anyone else would.

I don't know why anyone else wouldn't.

Basically the first thing Clark did when he took control of the team was get rid of Carl Peterson and hire the biggest name GM he could find.

That GM turned out to be a turd but the effort was there.

In the end, why is there a need to pass judgement at all, good or bad? Just wait and see what happens before jumping to conclusions.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:15 PM

Sucks to be us right?

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't know why anyone else wouldn't.

Basically the first thing Clark did when he took control of the team was get rid of Carl Peterson and hire the biggest name GM he could find.

That GM turned out to be a turd but the effort was there.

In the end, why is there a need to pass judgement at all, good or bad? Just wait and see what happens before jumping to conclusions.

How long should I wait Parker.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OQ4VRgxBbHc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bearcat
12-10-2012, 04:16 PM
My worry is sort of the same but sort of different in that I am concerned that Clark Hunt is unable to create a culture of winning with his organization.

It's almost harder to be this bad than it is to be mediocre in the NFL... it takes a special kind of incompetence to pull off something like the Rams' three 14+ loss seasons in 4 years. A team can win a conference at 9-7 or worse without beating anyone special and even win a playoff game.

I think the hope to not be completely terrible is always there... and it would be fun to watch a first round QB, whether it turned out like the Colts, Redskins, or even the Panthers. Even the Panthers are competitive pretty much every week and will surprise people from time to time.

So yeah, I'm not all that concerned about how long they'll be absolutely terrible.. I'm more concerned about taking the next step once they're simply mediocre, and being able to build on it so it's not just a one year thing.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:22 PM
The culture of a business (especially a pro sports business) starts at the top and permeates every single level. It is so important.

Count Alex's Losses
12-10-2012, 04:23 PM

LMAO

Pioli is definitely Clark's fault.

Herm/Carl are not.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 04:24 PM
How long should I wait Parker.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OQ4VRgxBbHc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

From 1994 to 2007 - 13 of the 18 years we've been waiting - were under someone other than Clark Hunt...

Count Alex's Losses
12-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Clark already said he wanted to build via the draft and develop our own QB.

He gets it.

He just needs to find the right guy to execute it.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Pioli is definitely Clark's fault.

Herm/Carl are not.
ahem

There is only one common denominator with all of this losing we have done and it is the Hunt family.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:26 PM
From 1994 to 2007 - 13 of the 18 years we've been waiting - were under someone other than Clark Hunt...

That is when things really got embarrassing. Can I work under you? Sounds like you are pretty understanding and cool about people being given jobs and failing at them.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Clark already said he wanted to build via the draft and develop our own QB.

He gets it.

He just needs to find the right guy to execute it.

And Carl had a 5 year plan!

Whatever.

BossChief
12-10-2012, 04:28 PM
They had the best offense in the whole league for a while...

Of course they couldn't have that without having the worst defense at the same time. Another failure.
Add a quarterback like Smith or Wilson and get the best coaches we can to develop the kid and that fixes the offense for a long time.

Especially with this OL (that is all young) and the other pieces.

The problem with trades/signings like Trent is the window doesn't leave a lot of room for error on the other side of the ball and our defense was far from ready at the time.

We get a guy that can give us a 8-15 year window and it's on.

Goldmember
12-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Rome was built faster

Detoxing
12-10-2012, 04:29 PM
There is no reason this team shouldn't be a lot more competitive than it is. This is caused by a screwed up environment within the team. Yeah, they need a QB, but let's not pretend the talent level isn't up to snuff in most other aspects of the team. They're just mailing it in.

This right here.

We're just a few months removed from being the favorite to win the division. Talking heads were rattling on and on about how talented this team looked.

That talent didn't just disappear.

You know what happened? Crennel and Dabbol happened.

They created a team of underachievers.

Count Alex's Losses
And Carl had a 5 year plan!

Whatever.

Facts are facts.

Carl and Herm are not on Clark. He took care of that.

Pioli was a giant fuckup.

We'll see if Clark has any hiring sense in a couple months.

If not, he's a problem and someone else needs to be in control.

Iowanian
I'm not scared, but if this offseason doesn't give me reason to hope....I'll cancel Sunday ticket and officially be apathetic.

They're close to ruining football for me and I'll find better things to do. I can hunt most sundays of the NFL Season.

HemiEd
12-10-2012, 04:30 PM

When he finally admits that mistake, and does something about it, then I will have renewed optimism.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 04:31 PM
That is when things really got embarrassing. Can I work under you? Sounds like you are pretty understanding and cool about people being given jobs and failing at them.

ROFL

Stop being a drama queen.

1) I'm not going to condemn Clark for the failings of the guys he DID NOT HIRE.

2) Clark gets a BIG black mark for hiring Pioli. That means he takes the blame from 2009 on. Not 1990-whatever on.

3) Clark is the owner. He's not an employee. He can't be fired. If you're THAT bent out of shape about the ownership of the team, move on.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:32 PM
It isn't just on the field. This organization is tone deaf and bad in other phases as well. They had a photographer that worked for them for forty ****ing years and screwed him over the first chance they got when Lamar passed.

This turned into a huge court case.

------

A photographer who worked for the Kansas City Chiefs for 40 years is complaining that the team misused his images. Hank Young says the Chiefs violated his agreement with the team's public-relations department when it used his photographs to enliven the concourses, entrances and other areas of the new Arrowhead Stadium.

Young's work with the Chiefs began in 1972, the year that Arrowhead opened. According to a lawsuit filed in federal court, Young was an independent contractor who "retained the right to permit or refuse the use of any photographs for non-editorial purposes."

Young granted the Chiefs access to his archives during the renovation, which included the construction of a hall of fame. Young says he was led to believe that his photographs were going to be used in the hall of fame in a way that was consistent with the license agreement.

Later, Young says, the Chiefs attempted to "coerce" him into signing over the rights to his photographs. The team gave Young a deadline of July 23, 2010, the day the press took a tour of the new Arrowhead.

Young, who lives in Fairway, took the tour. He says his images "permeate" the stadium. He estimates that he took at least half of the photographs that are used in artwork on walls, columns and banners.

As Young sees it, the displays violate the terms of his agreement because the images draw attention to concession stands and serve sponsorship deals. A photograph of the offensive line that Young took in 2004, for instance, is featured an a banner that stretches across a gate that Sprint sponsors.

Young alleges that he got a cold response when he went to the front office to talk about the way his images were being used:

Shortly after he learned that the Chiefs had made his artwork a central design aspect of New Arrowhead, Mr. Young requested a meeting with Mark Donovan, who is currently President of the Kansas City Chiefs. At the meeting, Mr. Donovan refused to even discuss the unauthorized use of Mr. Young's Photographs and told Mr. Young that he could not pursue a request for compensation for the use of his Photographs and continue as a game day photographer. Consequently, Mr. Young's forty-year relationship with the Kansas City Chiefs came to end.

In addition to the Chiefs, Young names as defendants the architecture and design firms that worked on the stadium renovations, as well as team sponsors Sprint, Time Warner and Hy-Vee.

The Chiefs declined comment. A spokesman says team officials are aware of Young's claim but have not had a chance to review the file.

http://www.pitch.com/plog/archives/2011/04/05/hank-young-photographer-says-chiefs-misused-his-game-shots

Failing on the field...screwing over local business partners they have worked with for decades...being assholes to fans...

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:33 PM
If you're THAT bent out of shape about the ownership of the team, move on.

Jesus christ that sucks...

I pretty much though.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Good fucking God, Zach.

You sound like Denise.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Good ****ing God, Zach.

You sound like Denise.

How can you not see all these things go together to paint a picture of an organization that does not "get it"

Spott
12-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Hell, I'm 40 and this dry spell started before I was born. But if Pioli and Romeo are here next year and we don't take a QB, I am throwing out all of my Chiefs stuff and either finding a new team or I just won't have a favorite NFL team.

Molitoth
12-10-2012, 04:35 PM
We'll see after the draft.

If they do not draft Geno Smith, I will really not give two shits and continue to just watch the Lions.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Hell, I'm 40 and this dry spell started before I was born. But if Pioli and Romeo are here next year and we don't take a QB, I am throwing out all of my Chiefs stuff and either finding a new team or I just won't have a favorite NFL team.

Parker doesn't understand why you are that bent out of shape.

BossChief
12-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Sounds like this photographer signed over the rights to the pictures that are all around the stadium.

He should be proud.

I'm sure he got compensated.

htismaqe
Parker doesn't understand why you are that bent out of shape.

ROFL

Yep, you're a fucking drama queen. Congratulations, Denise.

|Zach|
Sounds like this photographer signed over the rights to the pictures that are all around the stadium.

He should be proud.

I'm sure he got compensated.

What? He didn't sign over those rights for that usage and was not compensated properly and he had to sue them.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Good fucking God, Zach.

You sound like Denise.

LOL Precisely.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 04:42 PM
How can you not see all these things go together to paint a picture of an organization that does not "get it"

Because Clark and Lamar aren't the same person.

Clark fired Carl Peterson after 2 seasons, something Lamar couldn't do in TEN.

I'm not going to hang it all up after Clark's first hire, especially when that first hire is about to get fired.

Bearcat
12-10-2012, 04:43 PM
If you're THAT bent out of shape about the ownership of the team, move on.

I wish it was that easy... I wish there was another stadium with the atmosphere of mid-90s Arrowhead just down the street, or even simply a competitive football team above the level of NCAA Division II that didn't require a 3+ hour drive.

I watched maybe 2 minutes of the game yesterday, only because the Browns showed up on the RedZone channel a few times, and I haven't paid for a ticket since the home opener last year... so I guess I've moved on in that sense.... but damn, it sucks.

Gonzo
12-10-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm not scared about it... I'ts like the apocalypse, just sit back and enjoy it. There's nothing you can do about it anyway.
If the Chiefs take Geno and get a proven winning coach, (say Reid, Gruden, etc) then this team will progress quickly.
If they draft Tyson Sims-Dorsey and select Todd McDaniels as coach, then sit back and enjoy the ass rape.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Because Clark and Lamar aren't the same person.

Clark fired Carl Peterson after 2 seasons, something Lamar couldn't do in TEN.

I'm not going to hang it all up after Clark's first hire, especially when that first hire is about to get fired.

You're right. Lamar at least won a few things before he let the organization rot on the vine...Clark just thought he would fast forward through all that.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 04:46 PM
You're right. Lamar at least won a few things before he let the organization rot on the vine...Clark just thought he would fast forward through all that.

ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
12-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Pretty sure Hank got screwed over because of Pioli.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:47 PM
ROFL

In case you haven't noticed we play to half empty stadiums...fans are flying banners in disgust...and that does not count the fans who are apathetic who dont GAF anymore...

But no the organization is just one call away from being good to go I am sure of it.

|Zach|
Pretty sure Hank got screwed over because of Pioli.

Sucks to have an absentee owner.

bevischief

If they do not draft Geno Smith, I will really not give two shits and continue to just watch the Lions.

Well at least I have the option to watch Greenbay without Sunday ticket.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 04:48 PM
In case you haven't noticed we play to half empty stadiums...fans are flying banners in disgust...and that is just for the fans who are apathetic...

But no the organization is just one call away from being good to go I am sure of it.

So we sat through 20 years of Carl Peterson only to throw in the towel after 3+ years of his replacement?

Don't be a pussy.

theelusiveeightrop
12-10-2012, 04:50 PM
I,too, checked the date of the post. Thought you were joking. Only thing I remember from the Super Bowl is my Father telling me tales of the water pressure in KC dropping at half time.

O.city
12-10-2012, 04:51 PM
FFS, Clark did exactly what we/everyone with SB (yeah I said it) aspirations wanted him to do.

He could have stayed the status quo, kept churning out 7-9 win seasons with an occasional 10 win season thrown in there and kept printing money like it was nothing.

But no, he changed the whole damn environment at Arrowhead. Swept the mediocrity out the door and tried a different route.

Now, obviously we know now that this route wasn't the right one, which likely will be changed AGAIN in a month.

So Clark will have changed 2 in 6 years or so. Thats right change again. It's broke, he's gonna fix it, or atleast try.

Why are some so afraid of change?

Frazod
I'm not scared about it... I'ts like the apocalypse, just sit back and enjoy it. There's nothing you can do about it anyway.
If the Chiefs take Geno and get a proven winning coach, (say Reid, Gruden, etc) then this team will progress quickly.
If they draft Tyson Sims-Dorsey and select Todd McDaniels as coach, then sit back and enjoy the ass rape.

Boy, that would fucking seal the deal. All my Chiefs stuff is already in a box in the basement. That would guarantee it stays there.

I've threatened to dump Sunday Ticket for years - seems like a no brainer now. They need to fix, and I mean really fucking fix, serious problems from top to bottom. No more Pioli, no more Crennel, no more Daboll, no more Cassel, no more being millions and millions under the cap while the few good players we have sign elsewhere.

These things will happen or I'll be elsewhere. Enough of this shit.

unnecessary drama
fantasy football and sports bets have kept me interested

but I miss having passion for Chiefs football

never thought that could be sucked out of me like the Pioli/Cassel Chiefs did

|Zach|
Boy, that would ****ing seal the deal. All my Chiefs stuff is already in a box in the basement. That would guarantee it stays there.

I've threatened to dump Sunday Ticket for years. They need to fix, and I mean really ****ing fix, serious problems from top to bottom. No more Pioli, no more Crennel, no more Daboll, no more Cassel, no more being millions and millions under the cap while the few good players we have sign elsewhere. '

These things will happen or I'll be elsewhere. Enough of this shit.

Sunday ticket is worth dumping because the rest of the NFL is sorta boring these days.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:52 PM

The worst part of modern sports.

ROYC75
Guys, it starts and ends with Pioli.

Hire the HC, let him choose his staff & let him assemble the rest of the coaches, scouts, etc. and get out and just run the front office. Let the coaches coach leaving them responsible of their own outcome. Coaches that has control of their own knows the buck starts and stops with them, it's their watch, they will perform better and keep the assistants accountable.

Years ago, Lamar hired Hank and told him to have at it. Hank was never interfered with in his early years,but once he didn't draft well and he relied on older players, he got the axe.

Carl let Marty run his own staff, Marty did well for years, the team went old on talent, many with a shady past, losing came and Marty left. Carl let DV run his own ship,DV burned out first and gave up. I wanted to see DV sat one more year but it didn't happen. Sure we never tasted the glory of a SB with either, but it was much better than this crap. Herm was a good talent evaluator and a good coach,but HC was a reach when he didn't assemble a great staff around him. Gunther was a reach for all practical purposes. But Carl still didn't tell them who to hire and moved away from them when they failed. Pioli can not do this, he had to have control of Haley, had to be able to control Romeo, crap Romeo rolled the dice one last time and we all know he is in over his head.

Get better management and a good QBotF with a very good QB coach, coaches & coordinators and we can build it back pretty quick. But it starts at the top!

O.city
Hell, i'm embarrassed that it took us this long to raise up and do something like this.

But I guess in the 90's and early 2000's we were just good enough to keep fans vested right?

bricks
12-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Any of you guys worried this year marks the beginning of another seriously dry spell for Chiefs football? I can easily see them blowing for another decade based on this horrific tenure by Pioli. Am I just paranoid or is this a legitimate fear? I don't want to become a casual fan who watches 3 games a year.

No. You have legitimate reason to be fearful. With an incompetent ownership the possibly of the Chiefs undergoing another dry spell is pretty good.

It's amazing how some people think that drafting a quarterback is suddenly going to be the answer to resolving the Chiefs problems. It's way more than just a quarterback. The Chiefs have a systemic problem and it begins and ends with ownership. I attribute that statement to Hamas' Jenkins who mentioned that very same thing a while back and I couldn't agree with him more because he ****ing nailed it. Nothing could be further from that truth.

Yes, there is reason to be optimistic with high draft picks in the future, but this optimism does not outweigh nor overpower the consequences that Chiefs ownership brings to the table. I think every Chiefs fan should keep that notion in mind.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Guys, it starts and ends with Pioli.

Hire the HC, let him choose his staff & let him assemble the rest of the coaches, scouts, etc. and get out and just run the front office. Let the coaches coach leaving them responsible of their own outcome. Coaches that has control of their own knows the buck starts and stops with them, it's their watch, they will perform better and keep the assistants accountable.

Years ago, Lamar hired Hank and told him to have at it. Hank was never interfered with in his early years,but once he didn't draft well and he relied on older players, he got the axe.

Carl let Marty run his own staff, Marty did well for years, the team went old on talent, many with a shady past, losing came and Marty left. Carl let DV run his own ship,DV burned out first and gave up. I wanted to see DV sat one more year but it didn't happen. Sure we never tasted the glory of a SB with either, but it was much better than this crap. Herm was a good talent evaluator and a good coach,but HC was a reach when he didn't assemble a great staff around him. Gunther was a reach for all practical purposes. But Carl still didn't tell them who to hire and moved away from them when they failed. Pioli can not do this, he had to have control of Haley, had to be able to control Romeo, crap Romeo rolled the dice one last time and we all know he is in over his head.

Get better management and a good QBotF with a very good QB coach, coaches & coordinators and we can build it back pretty quick. But it starts at the top!

Your first and last sentences don't mesh.

O.city
12-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Incompetent ownership?

You guys have completely lost it.

What exactly would you all have Clark do or would you have had him done since he's been owner?

unnecessary drama
12-10-2012, 04:55 PM
The worst part of modern sports.

says you and no one else

NJChiefsFan
12-10-2012, 04:55 PM

Did you make that bet against KC vs CAR that we told you not to make?

As for the question, I am trying to look at the optimistic side of this. Recent teams have shown what a reset at the GM/HC/QB positions can do. Maybe it happens here, maybe it doesn't. If I believed it would take 8 years I certainly wouldn't be so passionate about this next set of moves by the organization.

O.city
12-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Zach, you do realize that at the time, Pioli was the most sought after GM candidate in the league and Clark made him the highest paid GM?

Do you understand that?

Pioli was obviously the wrong GM choice, which some on CP even mentioned at the hiring, but he was the supposed "Golden Child" GM candidate at the time.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Sunday ticket is worth dumping because the rest of the NFL is sorta boring these days.

:spock:

Piss off, Denise.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Incompetent ownership?

You guys have completely lost it.

What exactly would you all have Clark do or would you have had him done since he's been owner?

Why would someone have a reason to criticize the ownership of the Kansas City Chiefs?

I can't think of a single reason.

Pilsner
12-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Another dry spell??? I barely remember ever getting a little bit of water sprayed on us.

That wasn't water.

Raiderhader
12-10-2012, 04:58 PM

And a mistake that A LOT of owners would have made. Pioli was thought of in high regard around the league. Clark ponied up and got the "A list" guy. I don't understand why we have to keep pointing this out. I realize the fanbase is jaded and cynical (and who can blame them) but, for crying out loud this is getting old.

Clark gets a bad rap that he has not yet earned. People had been crying for change. He gave them what they wanted, and is going to do so again. Chill out everyone.

Easy 6

All this league requires any more is quarterbacks. If I was the GM, my roster would contain 52 quarterbacks and a center, and I would have a dynasty. Any team can win it all if they get a top quarterback.

All of this, theres always hope.

A GM with the right plan and a legit QB... and it could be like this never happened, very quickly.

unnecessary drama
:spock:

Piss off, Denise.

LMAO

Zach says the NFL is sorta boring as ratings continue to soar and the league is literally the biggest thing in the country, by a wide margin.

think he's trying to go against the grain or what?

O.city
Why would someone have a reason to criticize the ownership of the Kansas City Chiefs?

I can't think of a single reason.

Answer my question?

What should he have done?

You want him to be like Jerry Jones? Thats not Clark, thats not the way he's going to operate.

Could he be more involved? Yeah probably.

But he's not an owner that's going to run the show. Thats just not him.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Zach, you do realize that at the time, Pioli was the most sought after GM candidate in the league and Clark made him the highest paid GM?

Do you understand that?

Pioli was obviously the wrong GM choice, which some on CP even mentioned at the hiring, but he was the supposed "Golden Child" GM candidate at the time.

This would be a good post if my main point was "owning and making decisions as an NFL owner is easy"

You are in that position because you are supposed to do your due diligence to make great decisions for you fan base, your family, and your bottom line.

Complete failure. But I am not convinced he understands how to run an organization that is successful.

We will see right? Or will we.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Answer my question?

What should he have done?

You want him to be like Jerry Jones? Thats not Clark, thats not the way he's going to operate.

Could he be more involved? Yeah probably.

But he's not an owner that's going to run the show. Thats just not him.

Winning "isn't him" ether is it.

lcarus
12-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Hell even as bad as this team has been during Pioli's reign, we still made the playoffs a couple seasons ago. Just need a QB. It's a great place to start.

Baby Lee

THIS!

If we blow or the selected QB blows, draft another and keep drafting a QB until we get our QOTF.

You get a good QB, things can turn around real quick.

Are you in the least familiar with the '99 Rams?

TRR
It will get worse before it gets better. The answer is always the same. Change the GM, Head Coach, hire new coordinators. I've seen this movie before, and it usually ends up the same.

KC has to find a way to get consisntency out of its players, coaches and FO. The Eagles will collapse when they lose Reid IMO. The teams that win consistently are those that stay the course, stick with the plan, and see it out. This change every 3-4 years BS will never work.
Posted via Mobile Device

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:01 PM
LMAO

Zach says the NFL is sorta boring as ratings continue to soar and the league is literally the biggest thing in the country, by a wide margin.

think he's trying to go against the grain or what?

You said yourself fantasy and betting is the only thing keeping you watching. Did it used to be like that? I used to be glued to any NFL game on TV...then only the AFC...then only the AFC West...now? I might watch the Chiefs.

What is the reason for your change? The reason for mine?

The league is popular but its not as exciting from my perspective. The offenses and defenses all copy cat the latest successful team and they all look like eachother. We all know what a joke the NFL made defense.

O.city
12-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Winning "isn't him" ether is it.

Just answer the fucking question and quit dancing around it with stupid bullshit quips.

What should he have done different?

Not hired the most sought after GM in the league at the time? Not hired one of the best business directors to run the business side?

What?

I think you should stick to Soccer and what ever else you do.

ROYC75
12-10-2012, 05:02 PM

I think pretty much all of ChiefsNation will revolt if we get # 1 and they pass on Geno.

Seriously, this QB class is weak with no clear cut #1 head and shoulders above the others, but at least there is one that is a shoulder and a neck while the other has a shoulder over the others. All of the others are at mid waist and some are at best , pantywaist.

Brock
It will get worse before it gets better. The answer is always the same. Change the GM, Head Coach, hire new coordinators. I've seen this movie before, and it usually ends up the same.

KC has to find a way to get consisntency out of its players, coaches and FO. The Eagles will collapse when they lose Reid IMO. The teams that win consistently are those that stay the course, stick with the plan, and see it out. This change every 3-4 years BS will never work.
Posted via Mobile Device

4 more years! (2 more wins!)

|Zach|
Just answer the ****ing question and quit dancing around it with stupid bullshit quips.

What should he have done different?

Not hired the most sought after GM in the league at the time? Not hired one of the best business directors to run the business side?

What?

I am not trying to say I should be the owner or GM of the Chiefs.

But hey I am happy that you seem to be happy with all of this.

O.city
Exactly dumbass, you change until you get it right.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Exactly dumbass, you change until you get it right.

When will that be.

Baconeater
12-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Not scared at all. I emotionally detached myself from this franchise quite some time ago.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 05:04 PM
When will that be.

:facepalm:

patteeu
12-10-2012, 05:04 PM
The common denominator here is Pioli, not Clark Hunt. The Gunther down years were a Peterson mistake, but Peterson is the guy who made 90s Arrowhead what it was and through most of his tenure the Chiefs were competitive. The down years at the tail end of Carl's time here under Herm are attributable to Vermeil and Peterson mortgaging the future for a last run at the SB (which is what a lot of people around here had been calling for for years at that point).

As for Clark, how can anyone blame him for hiring Pioli. Nearly everyone thought that was a homerun hire. It just hasn't panned out. Can Pioli and there won't be any reason to be so pessimistic.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:05 PM

It is funny you mention that. I have worked with the local football and soccer franchises in a professional manner. The difference between the two and the culture they have is incredible. Night and day.

Some pro sports teams in this town work tirelessly to win.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 05:05 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Sooo... stick with Pioli then?

Raiderhader
12-10-2012, 05:06 PM

/facepalm

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Can Pioli and there won't be any reason to be so pessimistic.

Because he will nail the next hire.

...we hope.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Stick with soccer, Zack.

Be a cunt somewhere else.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Stick with soccer, Zack.

Be a **** somewhere else.

Nah.

htismaqe
Because he will nail the next hire.

...we hope.

If he doesn't get the next hire right, then all indications are that you're right.

It's jumping to that conclusion NOW that is the problem.

Be patient.

Baby Lee
In case you haven't noticed we play to half empty stadiums...fans are flying banners in disgust...and that does not count the fans who are apathetic who dont GAF anymore...

Que?

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 05:09 PM
It is funny you mention that. I have worked with the local football and soccer franchises in a professional manner. The difference between the two and the culture they have is incredible. Night and day.

Some pro sports teams in this town work tirelessly to win.

Oh, if everybody could just be like Sporting!

:rolleyes:

ROYC75
12-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Your first and last sentences don't mesh.

Why not? I guess I didn't make it clear it starts and ends with Pioli, at the top of management , as in GM. Pioli is accountable for what he hired. He has to live with it or face the public outcry for it. Pioli wanted to be in control and hired a puppet man to run the team.
If he truly thinks Romeo is the answer, he has to convince Clark to stay the course and see it through. If not he has to tell Clark he will make changes and convince the fans & Clark that he can get it done.

IMHO, I don't think Clark will hear it. Clark wants results and ticket sales.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Oh, if everybody could just be like Sporting!

:rolleyes:

It would be something that Chiefs fans deserve. That is for sure. Every thing that the Chiefs have not been.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 05:11 PM
It would be something that Chiefs fans deserve. That is for sure. Every thing that the Chiefs have not been.

Then root for Sporting and forget about the Chiefs. It's pretty simple really.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Then root for Sporting and forget about the Chiefs. It's pretty simple really.

No I think I will continue to bitch about the team I grew up loving playing the sport I love. If you can't deal with that put me on ignore and take me off ignore when the Chiefs win a playoff game in 2035

Easy 6
12-10-2012, 05:12 PM
This right here.

We're just a few months removed from being the favorite to win the division. Talking heads were rattling on and on about how talented this team looked.

That talent didn't just disappear.

You know what happened? Crennel and Dabbol happened.

They created a team of underachievers.

This for sure.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 05:14 PM
No I think I will continue to bitch about the team I grew up loving playing the sport I love. If you can't deal with that put me on ignore and take me off ignore when the Chiefs win a playoff game in 2035

ROFL

You're such a fucking baby.

Count Alex's Losses
12-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Even bad football is more interesting than good soccer.

Discuss Thrower
12-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Damn straight I'm worried. Outside of the initial move to hire Pioli (which Hunt still mismanaged with the whole evaluate Herm / Gailey thing) when has the team done the correct thing at an opportunity?

Baconeater
12-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Truth.

Deberg_1990
Colts won 1 game last year and are now 9-4.

Theres just no reason anymore for a team to languish for years. If a team does, it means the owner just isnt trying hard enough.

BigMeatballDave

:LOL:

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:20 PM

Meanwhile Kansas City soccer fans are enjoying trophies, winning, exciting games, and laughing at the poor football fans in town that are so disconnected with their absentee owner that they have to pay for banners to get his attention. I think the word I am looking for is "pity".

We should make this a soccer thread.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Meanwhile Kansas City soccer fans are enjoying trophies, winning, exciting games, and laughing at the poor football fans in town that are so disconnected with their absentee owner that they have to pay for banners to get his attention. I think the word I am looking for is "pity".

ROFL

You're so much more cultured and enlightened than the Neanderthal football fans.

ROFL

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 05:23 PM

Not a single fuck was given

Easy 6
12-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Your ****ing soapbox, get off it, zach.

Isnt it about time?

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:24 PM
ROFL

You're so much more cultured and enlightened than the Neanderthal football fans.

ROFL

You're taking that the wrong way. All I am saying is that soccer fans that don't share my history with the Chiefs are having a daily laugh at the sad situation this organization has puts its fans in.

Bump
12-10-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm starting to root for the Redskins, but that's just because I like RG3. It's almost like I have a 2nd team now, I guess the chiefs are losing my interest with their bullshit. The owner don't care, why should I?

But I'm sure that Geno Smith would bring that excitement and passion back.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Look at this.

A Kansas City team holding up a championship trophy with Lamar Hunt's name on it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ct1V1NP3Dfo/UFzB4yiG1fI/AAAAAAAACmU/pk8Yyg7wz-g/s1600/1gKF3X.SlMa.81.jpeg

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Your ****ing soapbox, get off it, zach.

Isnt it about time?

I'm good thanks.

FringeNC
12-10-2012, 05:26 PM
All teams in the NFL are trying to win, but obviously it is a zero sum game. To win you need a better than average GM, a better than average coach, and a better than average QB. Clark will TRY to make a good hire, but ultimately it is probably luck, given that he really doesn't know what he is doing.

RunKC
12-10-2012, 05:27 PM
The team sucks because they are scared pussies who suck at doing their job in April.

No GM wants to draft a 1st round QB. That's a HUGE reason why we've sucked.
Our DL draft picks have been the worst in league history. Sims, Siavii, Turk, Tank, Dorsey, Jackson. And we let the one diamond go to Minnesota.

If this team gets a franchise QB and gets some good DL who put pressure on the QB, we can beat anyone. Unfortunately, those are the 2 areas that we suck at the most on draft day.

htismaqe
You're taking that the wrong way. All I am saying is that soccer fans that don't share my history with the Chiefs are having a daily laugh at the sad situation this organization has puts its fans in.

Good for them.

|Zach|
The team sucks because they are scared pussies who suck at doing their job in April.

No GM wants to draft a 1st round QB. That's a HUGE reason why we've sucked.
Our DL draft picks have been the worst in league history. Sims, Siavii, Turk, Tank, Dorsey, Jackson. And we let the one diamond go to Minnesota.

If this team gets a franchise QB and gets some good DL who put pressure on the QB, we can beat anyone. Unfortunately, those are the 2 areas that we suck at the most on draft day.

I thought Tank would be better.

vailpass
12-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Add a quarterback like Smith or Wilson and get the best coaches we can to develop the kid and that fixes the offense for a long time.

Especially with this OL (that is all young) and the other pieces.

The problem with trades/signings like Trent is the window doesn't leave a lot of room for error on the other side of the ball and our defense was far from ready at the time.

We get a guy that can give us a 8-15 year window and it's on.

That doesn't seem like you're asking too much....

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
The bitch is just trolling now.

ROYC75

When did soccer become something good ?

Seriously, soccer?

Fruit Ninja

i the grand scheme of american sports, winning the MLS title is like the Albuquerque Dodgers winning it all in the minors. its not really that big a deal.

Count Alex's Losses
12-10-2012, 05:30 PM
ROFL

ROFL

Zach, as always, is vastly superior to many things.

KCUnited
12-10-2012, 05:31 PM
i the grand scheme of american sports, winning the MLS title is like the Albuquerque Dodgers winning it all in the minors. its not really that big a deal.

Nippon-Ham Fighters

GordonGekko
12-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Dry spell? We have been in one for decades.

2-14, 14-2, doesn't mean jack s**t if you don't win the championship.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2012, 05:32 PM
I love it when |Zach| comes down from his palace to talk with the primitives....

vailpass
12-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Look at this.

A Kansas City team holding up a championship trophy with Lamar Hunt's name on it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ct1V1NP3Dfo/UFzB4yiG1fI/AAAAAAAACmU/pk8Yyg7wz-g/s1600/1gKF3X.SlMa.81.jpeg

Is that the BathHouse cup?

Phobia
12-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Dry spell? We have been in one for decades.

2-14, 14-2, doesn't mean jack s**t if you don't win the championship.

I actually disagree. 14-2 is way better than this crap even if they lose in the playoffs.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 05:33 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/64/Combination_enema_and_douche_syringe.jpg/800px-Combination_enema_and_douche_syringe.jpg

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Is that the BathHouse cup?

It is actually the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup. The oldest trophy in American sports.

Good to see you back from your ban for being a racist though sir. Welcome back!

|Zach|
I love it when |Zach| comes down from his palace to talk with the primitives....

If I change just one life it was all worth it.

GordonGekko
I actually disagree. 14-2 is way better than this crap even if they lose in the playoffs.

Again, this is how mediocrity thinks.

Top tier championship organizations like the Lakers, Patriots, Steelers, Spurs, winning 80+% of their games is the minimum expectation whereas this organization relishes the 9-7 season, bleh.

Phobia
12-10-2012, 05:36 PM
It is actually the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup. The oldest trophy in American sports.

Technically, he was banned for using racial slurs. While we'd prefer that people weren't racists, it's actually somewhat difficult to prove.

-King-
12-10-2012, 05:37 PM

LMAO

vailpass
12-10-2012, 05:38 PM

Negro please, I was not and never have been a racist.

That trophy must be quite old. Very progressive of Hunt to commission a trophy for homosexual males back then.

Phobia
12-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Again, this is how mediocrity thinks.

Top tier championship organizations like the Lakers, Patriots, Steelers, Spurs, winning 80+% of their games is the minimum expectation whereas this organization relishes the 9-7 season, bleh.

Well, I agree with that. I didn't say I accept it. I just said that I like 14-2 with a playoff exit a whole lot better than what we have now. I don't think that's mediocre thinking. I want to win the whole thing just as much as the next guy but I wouldn't mind some quality seasons getting there. Anything is better than this crap.

BossChief
12-10-2012, 05:39 PM
That doesn't seem like you're asking too much....

I'm not even talking about great play. Just good quarterback play like Trent Green.

We have had consistantly poor play for quite some time now..

FAX
12-10-2012, 05:39 PM
If I change just one life it was all worth it.

ROFL

FAX

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:40 PM

Eesh. Not sure about that. 732,761 when to see the Seattle Sounders in 2012 over the course of 17 games. How many people saw this team last year?

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 05:40 PM

It's been around that long and still does not mean shit.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Negro please

Welcome back!

GordonGekko
Well, I agree with that. I didn't say I accept it. I just said that I like 14-2 with a playoff exit a whole lot better than what we have now. I don't think that's mediocre thinking. I want to win the whole thing just as much as the next guy but I wouldn't mind some quality seasons getting there. Anything is better than this crap.

Don't get me wrong, 14-2 is awesome compared to 2-14, but without the Lombardi at the end of the season you have basically gained nothing but a worse draft pick.

Once the Chiefs go into seasons expecting championships, I believe the 40 year drought may finally come to an end. Until then, AFCW champs is probably the best we can do.

Easy 6

LMAO

BigMeatballDave

:LOL:

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Negro please, I was not and never have been a racist.

That trophy must be quite old. Very progressive of Hunt to commission a trophy for homosexual males back then.

ROFL

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:42 PM

You sound like a guy that needs more soccer posts.

FAX
12-10-2012, 05:43 PM
I say we select every damn quarterback in the draft regardless of where they land or how good they are.

That way, we'll have the market cornered on quarterbacks and anybody who wants a new one will have to deal with us.

FAX

Reaper16
12-10-2012, 05:46 PM
I guess I just don't see why Zach's questions about the Chiefs' board of directors aren't valid.

SNR
12-10-2012, 05:48 PM
The Chiefs have just really beaten me down as a fan over the years.

Cricket is the superior sport, anyway. It's more widely recognized over the world, and KC happens to have a great set of owners that treat the fans well.

Once professional ultimate frisbee gets on track, Kansas City will be the new Title Town as long as you forget about football and baseball.

RunKC
12-10-2012, 05:49 PM
I agree with Zach. Even though soccer isn't nearly as popular as football, I still envy them.

An awesome owner, stadium that is rocking at every home game, a winning culture, winning a Championship and other big name trophies, particularly a trophy with the city's greatest pioneer's name on it.

I want that and I am so ****ing jealous that we can't have an organization that runs like theirs.

Everybody is so pissed off at the Chiefs this year that they would rather spend their money at Livestrong. It's the truth. A sad truth, but still the truth.

Mr. Laz
12-10-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm pretty dam sure we are in for another 'rebuild'

that said, Pioli didn't win so the dry spell never really ended

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:51 PM
The Chiefs have just really beaten me down as a fan over the years.

Cricket is the superior sport, anyway. It's more widely recognized over the world, and KC happens to have a great set of owners that treat the fans well.

Once professional ultimate frisbee gets on track, Kansas City will be the new Title Town as long as you forget about football and baseball.

I have trouble understanding cricket.

|Zach|
Glory.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5zJG4TTNyDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigMeatballDave
I guess I just don't see why Zach's questions about the Chiefs' board of directors aren't valid.

Pioli was Clark's first hire. He was a hot commodity.

What else should Clark have done?

Now, if Pioli is here next season, then it's a legit complaint.

SNR
12-10-2012, 05:52 PM
I have trouble understanding cricket.

So do I. One of my colleagues is Indian and apparently follows it as much as I follow the Chiefs. He's also got a fancy ass satellite dish that can pick up the channels that carry it in India, though.

One of these days I'll watch a match with him and see if I can pick it up.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Pioli was Clark's first hire. He was a hot commodity.

What else should Clark have done?

Now, if Pioli is here next season, then it's a legit complaint.

Hire someone who would run the organization in a manner that respects the fans and his families vision for what supposedly the Chiefs should be in this community.

Oh...and win.

Ya know. Beat other NFL teams.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:53 PM
So do I. One of my colleagues is Indian and apparently follows it as much as I follow the Chiefs. He's also got a fancy ass satellite dish that can pick up the channels that carry it in India, though.

One of these days I'll watch a match with him and see if I can pick it up.

It seems interesting. I will sit down and give it an honest try with someone who knows something about it though it does not seem like my kind of game.

OnTheWarpath58
12-10-2012, 05:54 PM

Just an observer's viewpoint, but it appears he's blaming 40 years of futility on a man whose been calling the shots for only 6 years, and made precisely ONE hire - one that 98% of fans and the media thought was brilliant at the time.

Small sample size, wouldn't you say?

Now, if he fucks up the next hire, or leaves Pioli in place after this season, I can get on board.

Reaper16
12-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Just an observer's viewpoint, but it appears he's blaming 40 years of futility on a man whose been calling the shots for only 6 years, and made precisely ONE hire - one that 98% of fans and the media thought was brilliant at the time.

Now, if he fucks up the next hire, or leaves Pioli in place after this season, I can get on board.

Clark's not the sole decision maker though, right? He's just chairman of a larger Board.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Just an observer's viewpoint, but it appears he's blaming 40 years of futility on a man whose been calling the shots for only 6 years, and made precisely ONE hire - one that 98% of fans and the media thought was brilliant.

I don't think Clark is Lamar but I don't understand how you can totally disconnect the two. The Hunt family has brought us failure for so long and when Clark had a chance to change that he made it worse. MUCH worse.

Maybe he does better going forward. I don't understand where that optimism is coming from though.

Another part of my point that I feel like people are missing though is that its not just about hiring a GM. I don't think Clark has the magic sauce to make this organization a winning one from the top. A lot of small things go into building a successful organization.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Hire someone who would run the organization in a manner that respects the fans and his families vision for what supposedly the Chiefs should be in this community.

Oh...and win.

Ya know. Beat other NFL teams.

Are you being obtuse on purpose?

vailpass
12-10-2012, 05:58 PM

It isn't nice to make fun of Zach's weight no matter how much of a candy ass he's being.

|Zach|

Not in the least. That is what I believe he should have done. Why bring an east coast mentality to a midwest team creating a disconnect between the organization and the fans.

That is aside from being a fucking horrible football team.

BigMeatballDave
Clark's not the sole decision maker though, right? He's just chairman of a larger Board.

He's the CEO

Spott
12-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Not scared at all. I emotionally detached myself from this franchise quite some time ago.

Me too. I decided at the end of last season that there was no point in watching any Chiefs game if they were going to continue with Cassel. Having the Sunday ticket ever week and being able to watch real NFL teams has made it easier to ignore the Chiefs. The only time I see them now is when they show up on the Red Zone channel before one of their FG attempts.

Easy 6
12-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Welp, thats it, i'm done, theres no point in even caring anymore, at all, ever.

Zach says Clark is a hopeless case, "doesnt have the sauce"... i'm sold.

Anyone who wants all of my Chiefs gear, shoot me a pm.

patteeu
12-10-2012, 06:01 PM

Up until Lamar died, he was the sole decision maker. To the extent that Clark shares decision-making with a board, if he does, the new decision-making process has only been in place since Lamar's death, right?

SNR
12-10-2012, 06:02 PM

I'm going to take my Len Dawson autographed HOF football to Rick's Pawn Shop Maybe I'll get on TV.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 06:03 PM

http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/stadium-460x260.jpg

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm going to take my Len Dawson autographed HOF football to Rick's Pawn Shop Maybe I'll get on TV.

You have to protect the QB!

Easy 6
12-10-2012, 06:07 PM
So the guy who grew up a Chief, the SMU valedictorian, the guy your so proud of about zoccer... only gets one chance his first time in the Chiefs Big Chair.

Got it :thumb:

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 06:08 PM
So the guy who grew up a Chief, the SMU valedictorian, the guy your so proud of about zoccer... only gets one chance his first time in the Chiefs Big Chair.

Got it :thumb:

Nah, he will get many more chances to fail us. Many.

Reaper16
12-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Up until Lamar died, he was the sole decision maker. To the extent that Clark shares decision-making with a board, if he does, the new decision-making process has only been in place since Lamar's death, right?

I dunno. I was legitimately asking.

Count Alex's Losses
12-10-2012, 06:10 PM
I don't think Clark has the magic sauce to make this organization a winning one from the top.

Now YOU sound like Athan.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 06:11 PM

I thought he was all homer? Is he out of the circle of trust and butthurt about it these days? I honestly have not laid eyes on something that guy has written in at least 6 or 7 years.

Reaper16
12-10-2012, 06:12 PM

Nah, Athan would have wrote "magic suace."

Count Alex's Losses
12-10-2012, 06:15 PM
I thought he was all homer? Is he out of the circle of trust and butthurt about it these days? I honestly have not laid eyes on something that guy has written in at least 6 or 7 years.

Nonsensical BS phrases like "magic sauce" that mean nothing and make no sense make you sound stupid.

Clark just needs to hire the right GM. Period.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Nonsensical BS phrases like "magic sauce" that mean nothing and make no sense make you sound stupid.

So Clark doesn't have an effect on the running of the organization beyond simply hiring a GM?

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 06:17 PM

Sucks to be us.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Sucks to be us.

Go take pictures and masturbate to soccer.

The adults are talking football.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Nah, Athan would have wrote "magic suace."

LMAO

Easy 6
12-10-2012, 06:22 PM

Ricks too nice, take it to Les Gold for a REAL ****ing.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Go take pictures and masturbate to soccer.

The adults are talking football.

I'm under your skin. Don't make it that easy.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm under your skin. Don't make it that easy.

:LOL: Hardly.

Congrats on making yourself look EXACTLY like Denise.

OnTheWarpath58
12-10-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't think Clark is Lamar but I don't understand how you can totally disconnect the two. The Hunt family has brought us failure for so long and when Clark had a chance to change that he made it worse. MUCH worse.

Maybe he does better going forward. I don't understand where that optimism is coming from though.

Another part of my point that I feel like people are missing though is that its not just about hiring a GM. I don't think Clark has the magic sauce to make this organization a winning one from the top. A lot of small things go into building a successful organization.

Well, I certainly don't see where the pessimism is coming from. He's made one hire. Dude swung for the fences and whiffed.

I'm willing to give him another AB.

That's not "optimism", that's giving a guy new to the position a chance.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 06:25 PM
:LOL: Hardly.

Congrats on making yourself look EXACTLY like Denise.

You've been on my heels this whole thread. Which is fine. Being under your skin works for me.

Of course you think the Chiefs are going to be just fine. You deserve the failure you receive.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Well, I certainly don't see where the pessimism is coming from. He's made one hire. Dude swung for the fences and whiffed.

I'm willing to give him another AB.

That's not "optimism", that's giving a guy new to the position a chance.

You don't?

He hired a guy that has brought this organization to its lowest of lows. Lifetime fans showing the could shoulder of indifference.

Oh well.

ChiefButthurt
12-10-2012, 06:27 PM
I thought this was a Hall of Classics thread from back in the day...not current.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 06:27 PM
You've been on my heels this whole thread. Which is fine. Being under your skin works for me.

I enjoy following dumbasses around and flipping them shit.

Chief_For_Life58
12-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Im scared

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 06:28 PM
I enjoy following dumbasses around and flipping them shit.

I enjoy winning.

Chief_For_Life58
12-10-2012, 06:29 PM
I want to enjoy sundays again like I did when I was younger. Getting pumped up and not being able to wait for sunday to come around because we were gonna beat the sh*t outta the "insert team name here". I miss those days

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 06:30 PM
I want to enjoy sundays again like I did when I was younger. Getting pumped up and not being able to wait for sunday to come around because we were gonna beat the sh*t outta the "insert team name here". I miss those days

They will be fine. /Dave

Move on and get over it /htis

I need attention /gochiefs

OnTheWarpath58
You don't?

He hired a guy that has brought this organization to its lowest of lows. Lifetime fans showing the could shoulder of indifference.

Oh well.

You think he hired Pioli with the idea of crippling the franchise?

Christ, everyone but about 4 people on this board thought it was fucking brilliant.

He made the move almost every other owner would have. It didn't work out.

If he had a history of this, you'd have a point. But you can't blame Clark for shit that happened on someone else's watch.

Bearcat
This thread is so passive aggressive, it feels like I'm at a family gathering.

Of course Zach has the opinion he has... he's watched the Wizards' transformation into Sporting KC, which was all about Hunt giving up the team to a group who actually cares about the fans and about creating a winning culture.

And yes, leadership at the top can make a huge difference. You could simply say Hunt has made one mistake, or you could see that he's clearly disengaged and let that one mistake become what we see today. FFS, if you were the owner of the Chiefs and half the shit we've heard about how Pioli runs things is true, wouldn't you take some responsibility and put a stop to it? Of course it's not all on Hunt... it's hard to imagine one single person being responsible for so much incompetence, but it does start at the top.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 06:31 PM
You don't?

Oh well.

It is his FIRST hire.

Can we let the guy make a decision after this season?

You still have not said what Clark should have done differently at this point.

He's not the 1st owner to fail at selecting a GM.

Reaper16
12-10-2012, 06:31 PM
If there is a telling sign that Clark is in over his head its those comments by Kevin Ross that Pioli intentionally put a halt to player charities and general player involvement in community efforts. Clark would have to have known about such a thing, and would have to have given the OK on it (even an implicit OK).

It's a sign that Clark doesn't understand (never understood?) what makes a professional sports team a success in a market like Kansas City.

Reaper16
12-10-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm not on any "down with Clark" sentiment, but I think its worth pondering how much ownership can make for a successful franchise.

BigMeatballDave
T

And yes, leadership at the top can make a huge difference. You could simply say Hunt has made one mistake, or you could see that he's clearly disengaged and let that one mistake become what we see today. FFS, if you were the owner of the Chiefs and half the shit we've heard about how Pioli runs things is true, wouldn't you take some responsibility and put a stop to it? Of course it's not all on Hunt... it's hard to imagine one single person being responsible for so much incompetence, but it does start at the top.

Yes, and we are counting on him to make the right decision after the season.

FAX
The neat thing about Cricket is the pitching or the bowling. You can fling the ball overhand or underhand, bounce off the dirt, whack the hitter guy, or even do a fake. Plus, there's outfielders all over the damn place and everybody gets a turn to defend the wicket.

It's actually a very cool game.

FAX

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm not on any "down with Clark" sentiment, but I think its worth pondering how much ownership can make for a successful franchise.

We'll see soon enough.

Well, maybe not soon. Depends on how well the next hire goes.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 06:33 PM
It is his FIRST hire.

Can we let the guy make a decision after this season?

You still have not said what Clark should have done differently at this point.

He's not the 1st owner to fail at selecting a GM.

This isnt a fucking Quiznos where we didn't get the right night manager it is a one billion dollar organization and a pro sports franchise that people pour their heart, time, and money into.

This isn't the time for fucking training wheels. What an embarrassment.

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Yes, and we are counting on him to make the right decision after the season.

BUT THAT WILL ONLY BE HIS SECOND HIRE.

I mean...these guys dont really understand what they are doing till number 3. That is what you will post in another 4 or 5 years right?

|Zach|
12-10-2012, 06:35 PM

everything.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Fuck off, Zack.

You're just a trolling bitch at this point.

OnTheWarpath58
12-10-2012, 06:36 PM
BUT THAT WILL ONLY BE HIS SECOND HIRE.

I mean...these guys dont really understand what they are doing till number 3. That is what you will post in another 4 or 5 years right?

I've yet to see anyone even imply this.

Matter of fact, most if not all have either said or implied that if he retains Pioli, or fucks up the next hire, your points gain some weight.