PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2013 QB Class

Pages : 1 [2]

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:02 PM
I haven't kept up with it exclusively, but someone explain to me what exactly will happen if we take Geno or Wilson at the top of the first round and he does in fact bust?

You can't bang the hot prom queen after prom, if you don't infact go to prom.

Sorter
12-11-2012, 09:04 PM
I haven't kept up with it exclusively, but someone explain to me what exactly will happen if we take Geno or Wilson at the top of the first round and he does in fact bust?

You can't bang the hot prom queen after prom, if you don't infact go to prom.

Nothing happens. Chances are, even if they bust hard, they're still going to be as productive and likely more so than the QB we've had.

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:05 PM
I mean, I realize people want to get good fast.

Whats the quickest way to get good fast? Draft a QB or draft an ILB early.

Chief_For_Life58
12-11-2012, 09:05 PM
This is something I've noticed. He doesn't have elite speed.

But he absolutely has enough speed to do what he needs to do.

since he didnt grow up with track speed he wouldnt naturally tuck the ball and start running. he grew up evading pressure planting his feet and throwing a dart down field. he has the ceiling to be aaron rodgers. please god make clark draft him

Sorter
12-11-2012, 09:06 PM
I mean, I realize people want to get good fast.

Whats the quickest way to get good fast? Draft a QB or draft an ILB early.

Drafting a LT after we resign Albert IMO. We still have time to move him to LG.

kcbubb
12-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Here's 7 QBs. Is Geno Smith that much better than the rest of these guys to spend your #1 pick on him?

Geno Smith QB West Virginia Sr 6-3 220
Matt Barkley QB Southern California Sr 6-2 230
Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas rSr 6-2 218
Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse rSr 6-2 228
*Aaron Murray QB Georgia rJr 6-1 212
Mike Glennon QB North Carolina State rSr 6-5 232
*Tyler Bray QB Tennessee Jr 6-5 215

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:07 PM
It's gonna be badass next year, when we are ripping shit up with Geno.

I've never been this excited for the Chiefs to lose 3 more games.

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Here's 7 QBs. Is Geno Smith that much better than the rest of these guys to spend your #1 pick on him?

Have you watched Geno this year?

htismaqe
12-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Tyler Bray is just as physically talented as Geno Smith. He has all the upside.

You conveniently omitted all of the CONTEXT from the post I was responding to. :rolleyes:

the Talking Can
12-11-2012, 09:08 PM

yes, and it really isn't close

why do you keep including murray? he's such a choke artist that uga fans egged his house this year...

it's comical to compare the two

Sorter
12-11-2012, 09:09 PM

Yes.

Sorter
12-11-2012, 09:09 PM
You conveniently omitted all of the CONTEXT from the post I was responding to. :rolleyes:

It's because he's a moron.

Dave Lane
12-11-2012, 09:10 PM
On a recent poll 85% of CP members agreed that its QB or Bust in the first round this year.

So 15% of CPers are morans? I guess that shouldn't be surprising. Black hole Bob is so dense he counts as 5% himself.

Sorter
12-11-2012, 09:10 PM
So 15% of CPers are morans? I guess that shouldn't be surprising. Black hole Bob is so dense he counts as 5% himself.

LMAO

htismaqe
12-11-2012, 09:12 PM

Since he's obviously copying and pasting a list from scouting website, I would say no.

Oh and the fact that he posted earlier that he hasn't.

O.city
209 316 66.1 2566 8.1 24 8 154.35

Say a QB had these numbers his last year in college. Would you guys draft him?

Austin Ed
[QUOTE=Austin Ed;9201175]

ask oklahoma's defense how he played...you can't throw for 4000 yards, 6 ints, at a 70% percent completion rate and have 'problems finding receivers'

i've never seen a guy get killed so bad for one truly bad game - kstate...

he carried the worst defense in college, regularly had to pass on 4th down, had to score 40 to even have a chance to win....and all people do is kill him for not winning a national championship

meanwhile we got people pimping life long choke artists like murray, or guys who have accomplished jack shit like bray...it's crazy

In addition to KSU and TTU, he was 32/54 with an Int against TCU, and 20/35 with two Ints against OU. No doubt he has an NFL arm and should be successful as a pro, but his stellar overall stats for the season are built on HUGE games against weaker opponents and good but not great games against some of the better teams he faced. There is a reason he dropped out of the Heisman picture after the TTU and KSU games.

SNR
12-11-2012, 09:14 PM

Yes.

Even if he wasn't, why would that matter? He's the best QB on the list. We need a QB. The non-QB positions at the top of the draft are fucking atrocious if you don't count the Left Retard LB position.

So draft him.

Boom.

Done.

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=the Talking Can;9201198]

In addition to KSU and TTU, he was 32/54 with an Int against TCU, and 20/35 with two Ints against OU. No doubt he has an NFL arm and should be successful as a pro, but his stellar overall stats for the season are built on HUGE games against weaker opponents and good but not great games against some of the better teams he faced. There is a reason he dropped out of the Heisman picture after the TTU and KSU games.

And in the OU and TCU game, he put his team ahead late in the fourth quarter only to have his defense fuck it up.

Oh and he had 7 Td's in those games.

SNR
12-11-2012, 09:16 PM

The Heisman trophy is a great predictor of great pro QBs

Signed,
Tim Tebow, Troy Smith, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, etc.

ROYC75
12-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Tyler Wilson is the next Brian Brohm. Petrino coached QB's often look better in college than they do on Sundays. We should definitely take a QB high, but I really don't know which one. I just know it doesn't need to be Wilson.

No way, but hey, time will tell.

O.city
Against the best pass defense he faced all year, Geno had a QBR of 160.

the Talking Can
[QUOTE=the Talking Can;9201198]

he wasn't putting up those numbers against only KU

both texas and baylor were ranked when played them, and OU had the 8th rated pass defense which he proceeded to rape in epic fashion (he played his ass off against lsu last year too, but it doesn't count either...humiliated Clemson but doesn't count..etc)

and since we're playing this game, did everyone else who played baylor, texas and OU put up the numbers smith did? since it so easy...

QBs in college have bad games, and lose games...i was unaware until this year that had only ever happened to geno smith...

and i mostly hear this line of argument from people who have never actually watched him play, so my one question for you is how many games of smith have you seen?

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Smith was to defensive plays away from winning 9 games this year.

If he's sitting at 9-3 right now, this isnt' even a discussion.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Somebody's a little unstable.
a little?

kcbubb
12-11-2012, 09:21 PM

I'm not saying that we shouldn't draft him. I'm just not sold on him. I have seen him play some. College stats are really not that important to me. I am thinking that we should consider our options. I just don't know if he is that much better a prospect than prospect number 7. I don't know if there is a dropoff.

Here are his college opponents.

Marshall
James Madison
Maryland
Baylor
@Texas
@Texas Tech
Kansas State
TCU
@Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
@Iowa State
Kansas

BossChief
If we somehow win a couple games and Jacksonville gets the top pick, I'd fork over whatever it takes to move up to get Geno...but id be fine if we had to stay put (because they don't want to move off the spot) and end up with Wilson, too.

It makes me sick reading peoples thoughts on how they prefer to continue to roll the dice for a "bargain" instead of doing what it takes to go get a bluechip guy.

BossChief
If we somehow pick a bust, we try again in a couple years like Jacksonville is gonna do.

Sorter
12-11-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm not saying that we shouldn't draft him. I'm just not sold on him. I have seen him play some. College stats are really not that important to me. I am thinking that we should consider our options. I just don't know if he is that much better a prospect than prospect number 7. I don't know if there is a dropoff.

Marshall
James Madison
Maryland
Baylor
@Texas
@Texas Tech
Kansas State
TCU
@Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
@Iowa State
Kansas

WTF difference does it make in drafting him at #7 or #1, especially with the rookie cap?

You do know they changed that right? You don't just live under a rock?

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:23 PM
In losses this year, Geno threw 11 TD's vs 5 INTs.

And in those losses, his defense gave up an average of 48 points.

So against the best teams/defenses he played this year, he had to score 50 points to win. And he got fairly close in 3 of the 5 games.

the Talking Can
12-11-2012, 09:23 PM

Marshall
James Madison
Maryland
Baylor
@Texas
@Texas Tech
Kansas State
TCU
@Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
@Iowa State
Kansas

so you haven't actually watched him play

or any of the other QBs either, probably...

that's why you can't reference any actual plays in actual games, or mention any actual specifics about his mechanics, his offense, his defense, his coaching, basically anything...much less his mechanics compared to any other specific QB

but you can copy and paste his schedule from the internet and pretend it means something...

kcbubb
12-11-2012, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=Austin Ed;9201278]

he wasn't putting up those numbers against only KU

both texas and baylor were ranked when played them, and OU had the 8th rated pass defense which he proceeded to rape in epic fashion (he played his ass off against lsu last year too, but it doesn't count either...humiliated Clemson but doesn't count..etc)

and since we're playing this game, did everyone else who played baylor, texas and OU put up the numbers smith did? since it so easy...

QBs in college have bad games, and lose games...i was unaware until this year that had only ever happened to geno smith...

and i mostly hear this line of argument from people who have never actually watched him play, so my one question for you is how many games of smith have you seen?

He could be great. I don't know, but I don't think he is that much better a prospect to be chosen when we have a deep QB class. He hasn't played against that many big time opponents and puts up most of his stats against lesser teams. He had two ints against OU.

ROYC75
12-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Like I said in the OP, last years QB class is the anomaly.

This years class is as good or better than nearly every previous class.

With the exception of Luck & RGIII being separated from # 3 at the top of last years being better before the draft, this year's class is probably deeper top to bottom, it's arguably closer 1 through 10 on a talent level.

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE=the Talking Can;9201298]

He could be great. I don't know, but I don't think he is that much better a prospect to be chosen when we have a deep QB class. He hasn't played against that many big time opponents and puts up most of his stats against lesser teams. He had two ints against OU.

How many TD's did he throw?

the Talking Can
12-11-2012, 09:28 PM

jesus christ, you haven't even watched him play...or any of these QBs

you're just making shit up

and his performance against OU was jaw dropping...epic

but you didn't see it, so you don't know what the **** you're talking about

which seems to be a theme with people who don't want smith..../black retard

SNR
12-11-2012, 09:29 PM

Andrew Luck had 3 INTs once against USC.

So tell us. You didn't actually watch any of his games, did you?

kcbubb
12-11-2012, 09:29 PM
so you haven't actually watched him play

or any of the other QBs either, probably...

that's why you can't reference any actual plays in actual games, or mention any actual specifics about his mechanics, his offense, his defense, his coaching, basically anything...much less his mechanics compared to any other specific QB

but you can copy and paste his schedule from the internet and pretend it means something...

I watch SEC football mostly. But I did see him play some. Of the QBs on the list, I have watched Wilson, Bray and Murray a lot. I think Wilson benefitted a lot from Petrino. Petrino made Brian Brohm look good. I wouldn't draft Wilson in the 1st for sure.

BossChief
12-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Even as a rookie, Geno would be the best qb we will have had since 2006 (season opener).

This fanbase would LOVE him.

Sorter
12-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Here's Geno's snaps against OU, whose pass D was I believe ranked in the top 10 at the time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LZCPd5u6f3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam
12-11-2012, 09:32 PM
SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2012 350 490 4004 71.4 8.17 87 40 6 17 164.6
2011 346 526 4385 65.8 8.34 84 31 7 26 152.6
2010 241 372 2763 64.8 7.43 71 24 7 28 144.7
2009 32 49 309 65.3 6.31 33 1 1 5 120.9

How fucking perfect does Geno have to play to appease you people! christ!

kcbubb
I do know that this draft has depth at the QB position. I don't believe that their is elite level talent at the top. I don't necessarily think we should overdraft for need in a position group that has depth.

the Talking Can
I watch SEC football mostly. But I did see him play some. Of the QBs on the list, I have watched Wilson, Bray and Murray a lot. I think Wilson benefitted a lot from Petrino. Petrino made Brian Brohm look good. I wouldn't draft Wilson in the 1st for sure.

you keep saying some vague 'some'...but you really haven't watched him

and if you had watched his game against OU - which you didn't - you'd know it was incredible and you wouldn't be criticizing him for it

and saying you wouldn't draft wilson in the first, while also saying there is little difference between smith and murray is just...well...yeah..a train wreck of an opinion

Sorter
12-11-2012, 09:33 PM
The pass at 2:48 is http://chan.catiewayne.com/b/thumb/130850663434s.gif worthy

BossChief
12-11-2012, 09:34 PM
I can't wait to go to the season opener and be part of the massive standing ovation we are gonna give Geno Smith.

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:34 PM
I do know that this draft has depth at the QB position. I don't believe that their is elite level talent at the top. I don't necessarily think we should overdraft for need in a position group that has depth.

When talking about the most important position in all of sports, you absolutely overdraft for need, cause if you don't have one it doesn't matter.

So you take the best one available and roll with it.

BossChief
12-11-2012, 09:35 PM

Go fist your grandmother.

Sorter
12-11-2012, 09:36 PM
http://youtu.be/LZCPd5u6f3c?t=3m26s

http://i.imgur.com/CKuRy.gif

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:39 PM
The throw at 1;05 is impressive.

And 3;29

Nightfyre
12-11-2012, 09:40 PM

I think that applies to every position except left tackle, quarterback and pass rushers.

These are positions where you are counting on elite level of play to dictate the game. So with respect to these positions, you should draft the person who you think will be or has the best chance to be THAT guy who can absolutely takeover a game.

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:42 PM
I don't really care about the numbers Geno has put up, impressive as they are.

It's the upside that I like so much.

And the fact that he's a football junkie.

L.A. Chieffan
12-11-2012, 09:43 PM
I've been watching a lot of tape on all the qbs coming out and I haven't been all that impressed. Maybe Barkley if I had to pick one but I think we should probably go defense. QB this year is just way too risky, especially with the first pick.

Nightfyre
12-11-2012, 09:43 PM
I don't really care about the numbers Geno has put up, impressive as they are.

It's the upside that I like so much.

And the fact that he's a football junkie.

I agree completely.

ROYC75
12-11-2012, 09:45 PM
There aren't any CBs worth a top 3 pick in this draft.

I'm not sure there is value at CB under the 15th pick, is there ?

IMHO, not an exceptional year for CB's.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-11-2012, 09:46 PM
T-Dub going up against a pretty good defense too...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=defense&cat2=Total&conference=I-A_all

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iHIiDgGDGOo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

L.A. Chieffan
Geno Smith doesn't have real good mobility and can get confused by good defenses. His ceiling is basically Vince Young.

SNR

How do you account for the complete fucking garbage at the other positions besides QB then? I wouldn't want to draft any of those pukes at #1 overall if I already had a franchise QB on my team.

L.A. Chieffan
12-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Tyler Wilson is a backup.

Sorter
12-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Geno Smith doesn't have real good mobility and can get confused by good defenses. His ceiling is basically Vince Young.

I missed your trolling. It had been quite some time since you've tried getting everyone riled up.

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm fine with Wilson or Smith Mr T.

SNR
12-11-2012, 09:49 PM

Nice try.

L.A. Chieffan
12-11-2012, 09:49 PM
I missed your trolling. It had been quite some time since you've tried getting everyone riled up.

I got the drink in me tonight

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Someone with more time than me, go thru and put together Geno's stats against the top D's he played the last few years.

Sorter
12-11-2012, 09:50 PM
I got the drink in me tonight

Ugh. I wish I did. :(

ROYC75
12-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Physically, maybe.

Mentally, it's not close.

It's not all physicality. Bray has had 2 first round draft picks to throw too and hasn't put up good numbers.

Lets not fool ourselves, I like Smith but he has got 2 top 10 WR's to throw to as well.

L.A. Chieffan
12-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Nice try.

Not convinced by him. QB just isn't where it's at this year. Hey, it happens. Face it and get over it, let some other suckers draft a QB and we'll all laugh at them.

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Lets not fool ourselves, I like Smith but he has got 2 top 10 WR's to throw to as well.

Well yea, but he also put up crazy numbers with them.

L.A. Chieffan
12-11-2012, 09:53 PM

Agreed. Plus, not that it matters but the history of African American quarterbacks being drafted real high is not good.

O.city
And I don't really think either one of WVU's Wr's go in the top 10.

O.city
Agreed. Plus, not that it matters but the history of African American quarterbacks being drafted real high is not good.

I know you're just trolling, but I was waiting for this to get thrown out there.

L.A. Chieffan
12-11-2012, 09:57 PM
I know you're just trolling, but I was waiting for this to get thrown out there.

Can't really be ignored. If you're going to be against Barkley because he went to usc what's the difference? I'm not racist, I have lots of black friends and they agree with me about Geno.

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Do I hold the USC thing against Barkley? Nope.

Do I hold the fact that he can't drive it down the field from the pocket against him? Yeah.

AussieChiefsFan
12-11-2012, 09:59 PM
GENOOOO

L.A. Chieffan
12-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Do I hold the USC thing against Barkley? Nope.

Do I hold the fact that he can't drive it down the field from the pocket against him? Yeah.

Not you. I'm just saying in general. But he is probably a better game manager.

Sorter
12-11-2012, 10:01 PM
GENOOOO

OooooOOooo new av!!!

SNR
12-11-2012, 10:03 PM
ARUGHUAUHGAAHHH GO FUCK YOUR MOTHER LA CHIEFFAN

L.A. Chieffan
12-11-2012, 10:05 PM
ARUGHUAUHGAAHHH GO FUCK YOUR MOTHER LA CHIEFFAN

real mature dude, not my fault quarterbacks suck this year. time to face the cold hard facts chiefs fans

AussieChiefsFan
12-11-2012, 10:06 PM
OooooOOooo new av!!!?

BossChief
12-11-2012, 10:09 PM
I have my preference, but I would be happy with Barkley, Wilson ...shit, if the new regime buys into a guy like Glennon, Bray or Murray I'm fine with it. I would be pissed if they take Jones, but I'd give it the benefit of the doubt and give him the same length of rope I'd give another kid.

They just need to get to the plate and draft the kid they feel gives them the chance at winning a superbowl with and then do EVERYTHING they can to surround the kid with talent and good coaching.

L.A. Chieffan
12-11-2012, 10:13 PM
best player available guys. first round quarterback isn't everything. look at Detroit. look at st Louis. look at the jets, Panthers etc.

O.city
12-11-2012, 10:15 PM
best player available guys. first round quarterback isn't everything. look at Detroit. look at st Louis. look at the jets, Panthers etc.

Look at the Steelers, Broncos, Redskins, Colts, Broncos, Ravens, Bears, Packers, Falcons, Bucs,

We can all play these troll games brother, find another thread.

L.A. Chieffan
12-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Look at the Steelers, Broncos, Redskins, Colts, Broncos, Ravens, Bears, Packers, Falcons, Bucs,

We can all play these troll games brother, find another thread.

manning got to the Broncos via free agency. rg 3 is toast. luck comes around about once every ten years. you already said manning. flacco is a unibrow chump. Cutler is a joke. Rodgers was a draft day surprise passed on by many teams. Ryan is overrated and Freeman hasn't proven anything.

conclusion: high first round qbs mean nothing.

ROYC75
12-11-2012, 10:27 PM
And I don't really think either one of WVU's Wr's go in the top 10.

Austin could be the 1st WR picked in the draft. The top 10 WR's list includes both him and Bailey IIRC.

Nightfyre
12-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Austin could be the 1st WR picked in the draft. The top 10 WR's list includes both him and Bailey IIRC.

What top ten lists are you looking at? They probably won't even go in the first round.

SNR
12-11-2012, 10:43 PM
ARGH UR SO STUPID LA CHIEFFAN I AM RED WITH RAGE!!!!!!

ROYC75
12-11-2012, 10:48 PM
What top ten lists are you looking at? They probably won't even go in the first round.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1437936-2013-nfl-draft-first-round-mock-draft-and-prospect-position-rankings/page/36

The Top 10 Overall Prospects

1. Tavon Austin, West Virginia: A Wes Welker/Percy Harvin hybrid.

2. DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson: Hopkins was the best receiver in the ACC.

3. Keenan Allen, Cal: If he had a quality QB, he would probably be a top-10 pick.

4. Stedman Bailey, West Virginia: 106 catches and 23 TDs. Ultra-productive.

5. Robert Woods, USC: 2011 star was relegated to the back burner in 2012.

6. Terrance Williams, Baylor: Better prospect than former Bear Kendall Wright.

7. Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech: His numbers may be inflated, but his speed isnít.

8. Markus Wheaton, Oregon State: Fastest receiver in the country. He had 88 catches and 11 TDs.

9. DaíRick Rogers, Tennessee Tech: Biggest boom-or-bust prospect in the class.

10. Justin Hunter, Tennessee: Great ability and size, but he has to stop the drops.

Sorter
12-11-2012, 10:49 PM
^^You posted a bleacher report link.

You should try some anti-freeze.

SNR
12-11-2012, 10:50 PM

Absolutely. It's in season!

ROYC75
12-11-2012, 10:54 PM

I don't look at the mock drafts, but I do compare them to the other reports on the position players.

Tried anti-freeze once, looked and tasted like green kool aid.:)

Sorter
12-11-2012, 10:56 PM
I don't look at the mock drafts, but I do compare them to the other reports on the position players.

Tried anti-freeze once, looked and tasted like green kool aid.:)

Posting opinions from Bleacher Report is like posting the opinions from people who post on the SOC facebook.

That website is run by some of the most ignorant, incompetent people the internets have ever seen.

RunKC
12-11-2012, 11:00 PM
BPA is not on our side either.

Luke Joekel? We don't need a LT. We have a good one and a good backup at that.

Manti Te'o? Nowhere near worth the first pick. I'd pick him in the 6-10 range if QB wasn't a need.

Jarvis Jones? Why we have Tamba and Houston who are both 10+ sack guys.

Star Letolreoijisfljw? If we draft this mother****er, we're all done.

It's QB or bust. And we get the top pick.

Damn the Senior Bowl is going to be so ****ing awesome next month. Tyler Wilson, Geno Smith, Mike Glennon and Matt Barkley should all be there.

BossChief
12-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Will Barkley be healthy enough to participate for senior bowl week?

Sorter
12-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Will Barkley be healthy enough to participate for senior bowl week?

When is senior bowl? March?

BossChief
12-11-2012, 11:22 PM
The game is January 26...practices start a week prior.

Sorter
12-11-2012, 11:24 PM

IDK... He might be able to play by then. IDK if he risks it though.

Tribal Warfare
12-11-2012, 11:25 PM
When is senior bowl? March?

January 26th my birthday

Sorter
12-11-2012, 11:26 PM
January 26th my birthday

Niceeee.

RunKC
12-11-2012, 11:36 PM

Good question. I doubt he will risk it. He might now even throw at the combine and just wait for his pro day.

The Apostle
12-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Seriously, has anyone considered going after Flynn? He lost the job in Seattle because Wilson went out of his mind, but he is still a solid QB. Why not draft some other talent and got for him in a trade? There are options other than a first pick QB.

Nightfyre
12-11-2012, 11:44 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1437936-2013-nfl-draft-first-round-mock-draft-and-prospect-position-rankings/page/36

The Top 10 Overall Prospects

1. Tavon Austin, West Virginia: A Wes Welker/Percy Harvin hybrid.

2. DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson: Hopkins was the best receiver in the ACC.

3. Keenan Allen, Cal: If he had a quality QB, he would probably be a top-10 pick.

4. Stedman Bailey, West Virginia: 106 catches and 23 TDs. Ultra-productive.

5. Robert Woods, USC: 2011 star was relegated to the back burner in 2012.

6. Terrance Williams, Baylor: Better prospect than former Bear Kendall Wright.

7. Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech: His numbers may be inflated, but his speed isnít.

8. Markus Wheaton, Oregon State: Fastest receiver in the country. He had 88 catches and 11 TDs.

9. DaíRick Rogers, Tennessee Tech: Biggest boom-or-bust prospect in the class.

10. Justin Hunter, Tennessee: Great ability and size, but he has to stop the drops.
Bleacher report is a bunch of amateur bloggers. That would be like me posting my top ten wide receivers and you citing as a source.

RunKC
12-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Seriously, has anyone considered going after Flynn? He lost the job in Seattle because Wilson went out of his mind, but he is still a solid QB. Why not draft some other talent and got for him in a trade? There are options other than a first pick QB.

:facepalm:

L.A. Chieffan
12-11-2012, 11:45 PM
I'm down for Flynn. probably better than anything coming out in the draft.

Sorter
12-11-2012, 11:52 PM

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1482/42076200.gif

OooooOOOoo, he in teh red now.

jaa1025
12-12-2012, 12:12 AM
This QB class is no different than every other QB class other than 2 since Peyton Manning. Just because Geno Smith isn't seen as Eli Manning, Andrew Luck, or RGIII then that doesnt mean that you shouldn't draft QB #1. Those were special circumstances.

Geno Smith is in the same class as every other QB coming out that's projected top 5 or so.

And to the posts about don't take a chance get Teo....Taking him at 1 would be a much bigger reach than Pioli taking Jackson at #3. You generally don't take anything but QB/LT/someone that can get to the QB that high. There are rare oportunities to get a Calvin Johnson type player etc, Teo isn't anywhere close to C. Johnson. Teo is going to be exposed at the combine. He runs a 4.8 40 and will likely be a 2 down 3-4 ILB in the pros

kcfanXIII
12-12-2012, 12:22 AM
This QB class is no different than every other QB class other than 2 since Peyton Manning. Just because Geno Smith isn't seen as Eli Manning, Andrew Luck, or RGIII then that doesnt mean that you shouldn't draft QB #1. Those were special circumstances.

Geno Smith is in the same class as every other QB coming out that's projected top 5 or so.

And to the posts about don't take a chance get Teo....Taking him at 1 would be a much bigger reach than Pioli taking Jackson at #3. You generally don't take anything but QB/LT/someone that can get to the QB that high. There are rare oportunities to get a Calvin Johnson type player etc, Teo isn't anywhere close to C. Johnson. Teo is going to be exposed at the combine. He runs a 4.8 40 and will likely be a 2 down 3-4 ILB in the pros

its better then jamarcus russel....

god, i had a whole sarcastic comment in my head, and i just can't even type it... these people that don't seem to get it, really drive me up a wall. go back through the thread, there is plenty of evidence to back up the draft a first round qb approach, and the only thing the "BPA" types can come up with are a pair of shit stained underpants. they're so scared of busting at the qb position, they shit themselves.

RunKC
12-12-2012, 12:40 AM
People are saying the 2013 QB class sucks, but really has anyone seen who's due for next year?

The Marriotta QB from Oregon is Dennis Dixon part two, Hogan from Stanford is meh and Bridgewater looks really good but only has 1 year to go by.

Manziel could make it a better class, but I doubt he will come out. He's 20 and he's barely 200 lbs, plus I doubt he wants to leave so soon.

I'd take this class over next years in a heartbeat.

Guru
12-12-2012, 02:01 AM
I would HATE the Te'o pick. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Quoted for future reference. LMAO

Teo is a great college player but will end up just an average NFL player. He is not worthy of the #1 pick at all. FAns that think he is are just dumbasses.

Guru
12-12-2012, 02:26 AM

It wasn't enough for you to troll on Cassel. Now you have to pull this? BASTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL ROFL

NJChiefsFan
12-12-2012, 03:38 AM
It wasn't enough for you to troll on Cassel. Now you have to pull this? BASTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL ROFL

Another mult came out of the woodwork to pimp this as well. It's good to see L.A. Chiefsfan find something to troll about. He was getting boring being a normal Cassel hater.

RunKC
12-12-2012, 04:13 AM

So you want another Cassel huh? He got beat out by a 3rd round rookie midget.

Geno, Wilson and Barkley will be better than him.

the Talking Can
12-12-2012, 05:12 AM

seriously, has anyone told you to kill yourself yet?

Guru
12-12-2012, 05:12 AM
Another mult came out of the woodwork to pimp this as well. It's good to see L.A. Chiefsfan find something to troll about. He was getting boring being a normal Cassel hater.

Maybe we should join in this time.

Flynn really sounds like a great option. Let's trade our first for him. No thats value.

AussieChiefsFan
12-12-2012, 05:19 AM
Maybe we should join in this time.

Flynn really sounds like a great option. Let's trade our first for him. No thats value.

This x99999999999

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 06:43 AM

Fine, then who are you drafting #1 overall.

Name the player and the explain how they help this team more than a QB.

Make your case or shut up about it.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 06:46 AM
I'm not sure there is value at CB under the 15th pick, is there ?

IMHO, not an exceptional year for CB's.

It isn't a great CB class.

But Dee Milliner from Bama is a top 15 prospect.

Xavier Rhodes and John Banks are probably just outside the top 15.

Deberg_1990
12-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Draft me sum 'Teo...shore up that D, bring on the tailgate parties.........Yee Haw!

Guru
12-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Just say NO to Teo.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 06:57 AM
BPA is not on our side either.

Luke Joekel? We don't need a LT. We have a good one and a good backup at that. Correct, no need. Plus Joekel isn't GREAT, not a top 3 pick, he's more like a 6-8 guy.

Manti Te'o? Nowhere near worth the first pick. I'd pick him in the 6-10 range if QB wasn't a need. Even 6-10 is too high. ILB just doesn't have that much value. He's an ILB, impact limited.

Jarvis Jones? Why we have Tamba and Houston who are both 10+ sack guys. Only guy on this list worth a top 3 pick and we have absolutely no use for him. Especially when we have a meteorite crater at QB.

Star Letolreoijisfljw? If we draft this mother****er, we're all done. We need another DT like we need 4 more years of Scott Pioli. I spent years on here telling people that free agent DTs are a waste of money. Well, top 5 DTs are a waste of draft picks. Look at the successful DTs in this league, especially in the 3-4, and you won't find by maybe 1 or 2 that were drafted in the top 5. Same goes for 3-4 DE. They can be picked MUCH later.

It's QB or bust. And we get the top pick.

Damn the Senior Bowl is going to be so ****ing awesome next month. Tyler Wilson, Geno Smith, Mike Glennon and Matt Barkley should all be there.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

And I added some comments inline as well...

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Bleacher report is a bunch of amateur bloggers. That would be like me posting my top ten wide receivers and you citing as a source.

Actually, Matt Miller is pretty good. He knows football and watches A LOT of tape. He used to run his own scouting service (New Era Scouting). I think he's in the discussion with guys like Scott Wright when it comes to reliable, amateur scouting info on the Net.

Plus, Miller has a football background. He was the secondary and special teams coordinator for the three-time league champion Joplin Crusaders of the Central Football League. :D

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 07:04 AM
Manziel could make it a better class, but I doubt he will come out. He's 20 and he's barely 200 lbs, plus I doubt he wants to leave so soon.

Seeing him on the stage standing next to Klein was pretty funny. He looked like he was about 5'6".

Deberg_1990
12-12-2012, 07:13 AM
QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

And I added some comments inline as well...

I will say Jarvis Jones would be ok too. A team can never have too many pass rushers.

BUt we need a QB more.

RUSH
12-12-2012, 07:19 AM
I will say Jarvis Jones would be ok too. A team can never have too many pass rushers.

BUt we need a QB more.

Jones has spinal stenosis. I'm expecting him to fall quite a bit once the teams go through medicals on these guys.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 07:21 AM

BUt we need a QB more.

He's at least worth a top pick.

But we have zero need for him given what we have at QB.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Jones has spinal stenosis. I'm expecting him to fall quite a bit once the teams go through medicals on these guys.

This is true.

It's the same condition that cause Marcus McNeil to fall all the way to the 2nd round, so we'll see.

Deberg_1990
12-12-2012, 07:28 AM

Hmmm...interesting

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 07:40 AM
And just to be clear, Jones has been playing with this all along, at a high level even.

The question isn't about his impact - he probably won't be limited in the short term.

It's a question of how long he will last in the NFL. McNeil wore out a lot faster than guys like him usually do.

DeezNutz
12-12-2012, 07:52 AM
If someone wants to identify an alternative course of action other than the draft, I'm ready to read and be convinced of it. I'll champion the cause to go balls deep on this QB in an effort to "save the Chiefs."

But I need to know whom we're targeting and how we're acquiring this QB. Be very specific. If not, you really have no plan.

My plan is to draft Smith, Wilson, or Barkley. I'm doing this with the team's first selection in the first round. These are each very talented QBs whom I believe will instantly improve the roster.

Now give me your plan and explain how QB __ makes more sense.

Still waiting.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Still waiting.

You won't get an answer.

DeezNutz
12-12-2012, 08:00 AM
You won't get an answer.

Exactly.

So, theoretically, the only argument worth having on this board is which of the three we should select, assuming we have the opportunity to choose.

Nightfyre
12-12-2012, 08:03 AM
I vote for geno and specifically NOT Barkley.

DeezNutz
12-12-2012, 08:04 AM
I vote for geno and specifically NOT Barkley.

Hypothetically, we're drafting third and the first two picks go Smith and Wilson.

Your move, Chief. /Robin Williams' voice

Nightfyre
12-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Dysert.

ILChief
12-12-2012, 08:09 AM
I'm getting the feeling we are not taking a QB in round one.

Nightfyre
12-12-2012, 08:10 AM

Based on what? What could possibly be more important to this team than draftiing a qb?

Dayze
12-12-2012, 08:10 AM
I'd be a chipotle burito we take a LT.

BCD
12-12-2012, 08:15 AM

Why?

We don't even know who the GM will be.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Based on what? What could possibly be more important to this team than draftiing a qb?

Based on the fact that he's a Chiefs fan and nothing ever goes right for Chiefs fans.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Dysert.

At #3 overall?

ILChief
12-12-2012, 08:18 AM

Too many draft gurus saying crap like "weak QB class", "no QBs worth the top pick", "draft is deep on d line (chiefs always love drafting d line with high picks)"

Plus the way this team (through multiple gm's and coaches) devalue the QB position.

I hope I'm wrong and we draft Geno #1, but I'm expecting a d lineman in the first and a Glennon/Bray in rd 2 if they make it that far

ILChief
12-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Based on the fact that he's a Chiefs fan and nothing ever goes right for Chiefs fans.

Pretty much

ILChief
12-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Plus the great amount of idiots saying draft Teo and trade for Alex Smith

SNR
12-12-2012, 08:24 AM
That Alabama game was all I needed to see.

Jarvis Jones sucks.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 08:33 AM

It does seem like the whole world is lined up against us, huh?

Sorter
12-12-2012, 08:34 AM
It does seem like the whole world is lined up against us, huh?

I honestly just don't understand how so many people can be that dumb. It really doesn't instill much hope about the future...LMAO

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 08:38 AM
I honestly just don't understand how so many people can be that dumb. It really doesn't instill much hope about the future...LMAO

I think people get familiar and comfortable.

The fanbase in Kansas City has NEVER SEEN a real, homegrown QB.

The brief glimpses they HAVE had at "franchise" have been castoffs like Joe Montana and Trent Green.

It's all they know. It's all they understand.

O.city
12-12-2012, 08:39 AM
They're scared of the unknown.

Like I said last night, you cant bang the smoking hot prom queen if you don't go to prom and ask her to dance.

Sorter
12-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Hypothetically, we're drafting third and the first two picks go Smith and Wilson.

Your move, Chief. /Robin Williams' voice

First, I'd throw a huge fucking fit. I mean, I'd flip out to the point Bobby Knight and Haley would be taking fucking notes.

Then, after many, many drinks of scotch and reassuring myself that "It's all going to be okay", I'd either take Nassib/Dysert/Bray/Barkley right there or take Star/Richardson and get any of the aforementioned 4 in the 2nd round or trade up to get them.

For me personally, if both Geno and Wilson are gone I'm pretty pissed (regardless of how much I love Nassib).

O.city
12-12-2012, 08:43 AM
This is the time we really need to (true fans put your head in the sand, you aren't gonna like what I'm about to say) just fucking lose out therest of the way.

htismaqe
They're scared of the unknown.

Like I said last night, you cant bang the smoking hot prom queen if you don't go to prom and ask her to dance.

Fans tend to want to re-live the glory days.

Unfortunately, the "glory days" that Kansas City fans remember were the days of Marty pounding through the regular season and choking in the playoffs.

Most of these fans have never seen a bonafide Super Bowl contender.

htismaqe
This is the time we really need to (true fans put your head in the sand, you aren't gonna like what I'm about to say) just ****ing lose out therest of the way.

We HAVE to lose to Oakland.

We HAVE to.

This is THE most important game left.

Sorter
12-12-2012, 08:46 AM

We HAVE to.

May Pryor rape us.

Chief Roundup
12-12-2012, 08:54 AM
First, I'd throw a huge ****ing fit. I mean, I'd flip out to the point Bobby Knight and Haley would be taking ****ing notes.

Then, after many, many drinks of scotch and reassuring myself that "It's all going to be okay", I'd either take Nassib/Dysert/Bray/Barkley right there or take Star/Richardson and get any of the aforementioned 4 in the 2nd round or trade up to get them.

For me personally, if both Geno and Wilson are gone I'm pretty pissed (regardless of how much I love Nassib).

Well if we lose this weekend we will have the 1st pick. If we win this weekend we will have the 3rd overall pick.
So there should be plenty of time to get over being disappointed about missing out on the Smith and Wilson or to trade up to get one of those 2.

BCD
12-12-2012, 08:56 AM

If it were 10 yrs ago, this would be a great idea.

PGM
12-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Trade down to draft Teo, use extra picks to wheel and deal for Flynn AND Alex Smith. Profit :D!!!

Tribal Warfare
12-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Well if we lose this weekend we will have the 1st pick. If we win this weekend we will have the 3rd overall pick.
So there should be plenty of time to get over being disappointed about missing out on the Smith and Wilson or to trade up to get one of those 2.

I'd go for Bray honestly. The kid's a big risk, but Bray was in a bad situation in Tennessee with WRs with no hands with a shitty Head Coach.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 08:59 AM
May Pryor rape us.

Here's the thing about them playing Pryor - he's an instinctive runner. No, he's not Cam Newton but he's definitely not CARSON PALMER.

If they play to Pryor's strengths, we'll have trouble stopping them.

-King-
12-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Most people want a first round Qb. Don't know where you guys are getting the Teo/Smith thing from.
Posted via Mobile Device

PGM
12-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Here's the thing about them playing Pryor - he's an instinctive runner. No, he's not Cam Newton but he's definitely not CARSON PALMER.

Good

ILChief
12-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Most people want a first round Qb. Don't know where you guys are getting the Teo/Smith thing from.
Posted via Mobile Device

Listen to the radio or read responses on the chiefs or soc Facebook posts

Sorter
12-12-2012, 09:02 AM

God I hope so.

Sorter
12-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Good

http://t.qkme.me/36f043.jpg

ILChief
12-12-2012, 09:03 AM
I'd go for Bray honestly. The kid's a big risk, but Bray was in a bad situation in Tennessee with WRs with no hands with a shitty Head Coach.

He should have no problem fitting in here then

Sorter
12-12-2012, 09:06 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/1zqwxll.gif

Tribal Warfare
12-12-2012, 09:10 AM
He should have no problem fitting in here then

Seriously, the kid's situation is very similar to Marino's when he was at Pitt.Then Dan got into the pros and took his job seriously. If Bray does that, and it's all dependent on his drive to hone his abilities the best he can. He has the natural talent to be a superstar if he works at it .

-King-
12-12-2012, 09:12 AM

You mean the same SOC that has 100,000+ facebook and twitter followers? I don't know why this forum loves validating stupid views by acting like the majority of people support them. Most people support getting a first round Qb. Yeah there are a few people who don't, but who cares about them? There were colts fan last year that didn't want to get Luck either, so there are stupid fans on every team. Don't know why people here and the SOC facebook can't ignore them instead of trying to argue with them and giving validity to their views.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter
12-12-2012, 09:14 AM
You mean the same SOC that has 100,000+ facebook and twitter followers? I don't know why this forum loves validating stupid views by acting like the majority of people support them. Most people support getting a first round Qb. Yeah there are a few people who don't, but who cares about them? There were colts fan last year that didn't want to get Luck either, so there are stupid fans on every team. Don't know why people here and the SOC facebook can't ignore them instead of trying to argue with them and giving validity to their views.
Posted via Mobile Device

The consensus view I hear is that there isn't a QB worth taking this year and that Geno is Vince Young. Seriously.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Like he said, if you listen to the radio or look at websites other than this one, there's a HUGE group of people that would rather take a LB and acquire Alex Smith than take a QB #1 overall.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

About 6 out of every 10 callers to 810 over the last couple of weeks would rather have Alex Smith than Geno Smith.

Red Brooklyn
12-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Like he said, if you listen to the radio or look at websites other than this one, there's a HUGE group of people that would rather take a LB and acquire Alex Smith than take a QB #1 overall.
Sometimes Chiefsplanet clouds my perception of the rest of the world. But you're absolutely right. I can't believe how many of friends - people that I watch and discuss Chiefs football with on a daily/weekly basis, people I thought I knew and understood and liked - are clamoring for Alex Smith + LB with our first pick. I'm totally outnumbered. EVERYONE I talk to IRL wants us to pass on a QB with our first pick and grab one later.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 09:28 AM
God I hope so.

I saw pretty much every game of Pryor's at tOSU.

He came out too early (even though he didn't really have a choice after the scandal) and needs a ton of development in the passing game...

But he's a natural athlete with a lot of moxy.

I think he rapes the Chiefs. I mean, how many chances is he going to get? This is his chance to make sure he's not competing for a job with Geno Smith next year.

Sorter
12-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Sometimes Chiefsplanet clouds my perception of the rest of the world. But you're absolutely right. I can't believe how many of friends - people that I watch and discuss Chiefs football with on a daily/weekly basis, people I thought I knew and understood and liked - are clamoring for Alex Smith + LB with our first pick. I'm totally outnumbered. EVERYONE I talk to IRL wants us to pass on a QB with our first pick and grab one later.

I seriously can't talk football with people like that. It's just too irritating. People that don't understand/can't comprehend the importance of a franchise QB and don't have some level of competence in understanding personnel I seriously can't talk football with. I just have to smile, nod, and say "Yeah, that sounds great".

Someone suggested drafting Lattimore 1st round earlier this year, I shit you not. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc20fgP3yx1ruqdo9.gif

Sorter
12-12-2012, 09:32 AM
I saw pretty much every game of Pryor's at tOSU.

He came out too early (even though he didn't really have a choice after the scandal) and needs a ton of development in the passing game...

But he's a natural athlete with a lot of moxy.

I think he rapes the Chiefs. I mean, how many chances is he going to get? This is his chance to make sure he's not competing for a job with Geno Smith next year.

All the interviews I just read from him sound like A) He's hungry and B) He's really worked on developing as a pocket passer and acknowledged his struggles there.

Red Brooklyn
12-12-2012, 10:31 AM
I seriously can't talk football with people like that. It's just too irritating. People that don't understand/can't comprehend the importance of a franchise QB and don't have some level of competence in understanding personnel I seriously can't talk football with. I just have to smile, nod, and say "Yeah, that sounds great".
I kid you not, I just posted that 56% statistic in a discussion we're having on FB. And one of these guys says, "56% isn't an amazing statistic. That's just over half."

All I could think to respond with was, "dynamite drop in, Monty."

whoman69
12-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Guess Chiefsplanet is smarter than that. 85% said QB or bust in a recent poll.

Sorter
12-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I kid you not, I just posted that 56% statistic in a discussion we're having on FB. And one of these guys says, "56% isn't an amazing statistic. That's just over half."

All I could think to respond with was, "dynamite drop in, Monty."

ROFL

JFC, nuke it.

Nuke it, then napalm it, then nuke it again just to be sure from orbit.

kcbubb
12-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Would you be pissed if the Chiefs took Bray in the 3rd and started him from day 1 similar to what Seattle did with Russell Wilson?

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Would you be pissed if the Chiefs took Bray in the 3rd and started him from day 1 similar to what Seattle did with Russell Wilson?

Bray is pretty much the polar opposite of Russell Wilson.

bevischief
12-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Trade down to draft Teo, use extra picks to wheel and deal for Flynn AND Alex Smith. Profit :D!!!

Not with Peeholi in charge...

bevischief
12-12-2012, 03:00 PM

Hope so.

kcbubb
12-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Bray is pretty much the polar opposite of Russell Wilson.

Yes of course. Except for the arm strength.

ChiefsandO'sfan
12-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Alabama Football ‏@AlabamaFTBL

Alabama QB AJ McCarron announced he will return for his senior season to play for the Crimson Tide in 2013. http://ow.ly/g3j89

O.city
12-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Another thing I ask mcshay and the scouts, they ha Barkley as likely a top 5 or 10 pick last year, what did he show in a year that degrades the previous THREE years of tape you have?

durtyrute
12-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Another thing I ask mcshay and the scouts, they ha Barkley as likely a top 5 or 10 pick last year, what did he show in a year that degrades the previous THREE years of tape you have?

:thumb:

I don't understand why the scouts say, "Wait till the combine or the Senor Bowl to see what QB is the best." Most of them have been playing for atleast three years. Where they not watching then?

Chief Roundup
12-12-2012, 03:53 PM

I would imagine the fact that he doubled his INTs and sacks from last season along with 4 losses. USC is suppose to be so talented yet he had a bad season in a weak conference.

SNR
12-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Already been said, but Russell Wilson got the start in Seattle because he's a fucking football genius. His ability to learn new systems on the fly is unparalleled and unlike anything I've seen from a 3rd round pick.

Tyler Bray, however, is a fucking retard.

Tribal Warfare
12-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Already been said, but Russell Wilson got the start in Seattle because he's a fucking football genius. His ability to learn new systems on the fly is unparalleled and unlike anything I've seen from a 3rd round pick.

Tyler Bray, however, is a fucking retard.

Bray's an asshole, but he isn't mongoloid.

KC_Lee
12-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Bray's an asshole, but he isn't mongoloid.

True, but he's the second comming of Jeff George.

Tribal Warfare
12-12-2012, 04:54 PM
True, but he's the second comming of Jeff George.

We'll see how serious he'll take his craft.

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 07:02 AM
ROFL

The Border Patrol guys just punked Gary Lezak, the KSHB weatherman.

They told him apparently yesterday or the day before that the Chiefs were going to take Matt Scott.

So Lezak went and "scouted" Matt Scott. ROFL

KC_Lee
12-13-2012, 07:38 AM
We'll see how serious he'll take his craft.

I have always said that Bray would need a great QB coach to help him with his accuracy and overall game. Give him that and he could be a world beater, but without that he will just be another cannon arm QB that can't hit a wide open receiver running a simple slant pattern.

Tribal Warfare
12-13-2012, 07:45 AM
I have always said that Bray would need a great QB coach to help him with his accuracy and overall game. Give him that and he could be a world beater, but without that he will just be another cannon arm QB that can't hit a wide open receiver running a simple slant pattern.

From what I've seen Bray is pinpoint accurate , his WRs have horrible hands collectively( he hits them in stride or right in the numbers and they simply drop good passes). Then he starts pressing, and then gets into trouble( or/and gets lazy with his reads).

Frosty
12-13-2012, 07:51 AM
I would imagine the fact that he doubled his INTs and sacks from last season along with 4 losses. USC is suppose to be so talented yet he had a bad season in a weak conference.

Get the **** outta here with that "weak conference" bullshit. The PAC-12 is ranked only behind the SEC this year in ESPN's conference power ranking (http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/tag/_/name/conference-power-rankings), with four teams in the top 25 and eight teams bowl eligible. It's not like he played in Sun Belt conference or something.

KC_Lee
12-13-2012, 07:53 AM
From what I've seen Bray is pinpoint accurate , his WRs have horrible hands collectively( he hits them in stride or right in the numbers and they simply drop good passes). Then he starts pressing, and then gets into trouble( or/and gets lazy with his reads).

Living in TN I have seen a lot of Bray. I have seen him miss wide open receivers with little to no pressure from the D. On the flip side I've also seen him hit deep passes with ease.

And your point about his receivers is a good one. I wonder how much better Bray would have looked it Da'Rick Rogers had not been release from the team.

Again, I think he has all the talent in the world and would be great if he had a strong QB coach. Then again, Dooley never struck me as a great coach either.

I think it's feast or famine with Bray.

Frosty
12-13-2012, 08:01 AM

I don't think the Chiefs are in a position to gamble with a QB like that. None of the QB's are a sure thing but taking a top QB is less of a risk than rolling the dice with a later pick. You take a guy like Bray if you have an aging vet on your team and then groom him for a couple of years, a la Rodgers.The Chiefs need someone that can come in and play right away.

Tribal Warfare
12-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Living in TN I have seen a lot of Bray. I have seen him miss wide open receivers with little to no pressure from the D. On the flip side I've also seen him hit deep passes with ease.

And your point about his receivers is a good one. I wonder how much better Bray would have looked it Da'Rick Rogers had not been release from the team.

Again, I think he has all the talent in the world and would be great if he had a strong QB coach. Then again, Dooley never struck me as a great coach either.

I guy who I believe is fool's gold but is being pumped up the national media now oddly, is Mike Glennon. He at times makes Cassel reads throwing it at a certain area no matter what, of course he doesn't have WRs either but with his ball placement too he's just an average prospect when it comes to reading coverage and accuracy.I believe "talent evaluators " are becoming enthralled with his physical skill set.

KC_Lee
12-13-2012, 08:04 AM
I don't think the Chiefs are in a position to gamble with a QB like that. None of the QB's are a sure thing but taking a top QB is less of a risk than rolling the dice with a later pick. You take a guy like Bray if you have an aging vet on your team and then groom him for a couple of years, a la Rodgers.The Chiefs need someone that can come in and play right away.

Agree with this 100%.

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 08:08 AM

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

O.city
12-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Bray is the absolute prototypical QB you look for, in terms of physicality. Tall, strong, big arm.

But his intangibles don't match up at this point.

Jimmy the Greek
12-13-2012, 08:10 AM
At this point anything will be an improvement

O.city
12-13-2012, 08:14 AM
At this point anything will be an improvement

This is something people are downplaying who don't want to draft a QB first.

Look at our QB play this year. It's absolutely the worst in the NFL. You take the rookie, it can't get worse.

The potential upside of taking a Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson or Matt Barkley and them panning out, is so high that it's crazy not to take one.

Chief Roundup
12-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Get the **** outta here with that "weak conference" bullshit. The PAC-12 is ranked only behind the SEC this year in ESPN's conference power ranking (http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/tag/_/name/conference-power-rankings), with four teams in the top 25 and eight teams bowl eligible. It's not like he played in Sun Belt conference or something.

Oh ok thanks for making my point even more for me. So the Pac-12 is better overall this year. Yet USC finished tied for 5th overall in that conference. While Barkley doubled his ints and sacks.

Frosty
12-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Oh ok thanks for making my point even more for me. So the Pac-12 is better overall this year. Yet USC finished tied for 5th overall in that conference. While Barkley doubled his ints and sacks.

I don't want Barkley (and have been saying that for a couple of years). I was just defending the PAC-12. :harumph:

ROYC75
12-13-2012, 09:34 AM

We HAVE to.

THIS !

Or No Geno!

ChiefsOne
12-13-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm tired of the bad or average QB play in KC. They need to cut ties with all of them and draft QB rd1, QB Rd2 and QB Rd3. Surely something good will pan out of that.

boogblaster
12-13-2012, 04:10 PM
We missed out on the QBs last year .. sadly this year crop sucks .....

DeezNutz
12-13-2012, 04:11 PM

Not true.

This is a deep QB class.

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 04:23 PM

Outside of the top 2, this year's class is actually BETTER than last year's class.

DeezNutz
12-13-2012, 05:08 PM
No reason to bitch and moan about this class, which is pretty strong. Any QB we draft in the first will be exponentially more talented than any of the pieces of shit that are currently on our roster.

And new CBA means that we're not necessarily tied to this n00b, either.

Brando
12-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Don't sleep on Nassib. He will blow away Scouts at the combine with his knowledge.
He's been running a pro-style offense based on the Saints system.

I certainly don't advocate him for the first pick, but if we skip or miss out on Smith he would make a nice consolation prize.

Nightfyre
12-13-2012, 06:23 PM
No reason to bitch and moan about this class, which is pretty strong. Any QB we draft in the first will be exponentially more talented than any of the pieces of shit that are currently on our roster.

And new CBA means that we're not necessarily tied to this n00b, either.

There are at least six or seven QBs with more tools than Brady Quinn or Matt Cassel, probably more.

BossChief
12-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Someone should take all of the first round quarterbacks of the last 7 years and rank them and see how many would be above Geno Smith in the relevant categories.

If we lose Sunday, we will have the first TRUE franchise quarterback in CHIEFS HISTORY.

BossChief
12-13-2012, 06:30 PM
A banner to fly over Oakland on Sunday?

JUST WIN, BABY SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Dayze
08-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Pay To See Bray - SaveClarkHunt.com