PDA

View Full Version : Poop Chrysler forced to rehire workers who were fired for doing drugs during lunch breaks

MIAdragon
12-11-2012, 10:23 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/08/chrysler-workers-canned-for-drinking-on-job-reinstated/

Chrysler workers who were fired or suspended two years ago after a MyFoxDetroit investigation found them drinking and goofing off during lunch break are back on the job.

MyFoxDetroit first aired the footage of the Chrysler workers in September 2010. Video showed them in a park during the work day, drinking alcohol from bottles covered in brown paper bags and smoking what appeared to be marijuana.

With the auto giant having recently received a federal taxpayer bailout, and President Obama having visited the plant where the employees worked just months earlier, Chrysler appeared to take a zero-tolerance attitude. The company fired 13 workers, and suspended two.
But MyFoxDetroit reports that following a union-backed arbitration process, the employees were reinstated. This week, they came back to work.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/08/chrysler-workers-canned-for-drinking-on-job-reinstated/#ixzz2ElUjal4T

:facepalm:

blaise
12-11-2012, 10:25 AM
I wonder if they got back pay.

Bump
12-11-2012, 10:32 AM
I bet someone could go on a violent rampage at work and the union will get them their job back.

KC Tattoo
12-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Some how I can see this thread head off to um the DC..

Unions are a bunch of cry baby bitches.

loochy
12-11-2012, 11:05 AM
BUT YOU HAVE TO LOOK OUT FOR MIDDLE CLASS WITHOUT UNIONS NO MIDDLE CLASS CORPORATIONS ARE EVIL BLAH BLAH

BigMeatballDave
12-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Hooray for UAW!

Hydrae
12-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Drinking or doing drugs? Neither are good but clarity can be useful.

BWillie
12-11-2012, 11:10 AM
I f*cking hate Unions.

Dave Lane
12-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Let's see "appeared" to be smoking marijuana and may have had a drink during lunch gosh I know no corporate weasel has ever had a martini at lunchtime or smoked a Doobie in their car. God damn unions they're the only ones who ever drink on a lunch break and smoke something that could have been marijuana.

Dave Lane
12-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Oh and FOXNews is completely only for old republican retards, now off to DC we can go.

Brock
12-11-2012, 11:21 AM
I would think they'd fit right in with an Italian company like Chrysler.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Go Unions

WV
12-11-2012, 11:50 AM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIvG3CZfBJZWIIcNTs6PuiOw8orJWHbvh62B046s5wfpu0D648Rw

KC Tattoo
12-11-2012, 11:56 AM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/Bubblehead_2006/Blog%20Photos/Unions_Lower_Chinese_Unempl.jpg

Off to DC land..

Fish
12-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Let's see "appeared" to be smoking marijuana and may have had a drink during lunch gosh I know no corporate weasel has ever had a martini at lunchtime or smoked a Doobie in their car. God damn unions they're the only ones who ever drink on a lunch break and smoke something that could have been marijuana.

Generally I would tend to agree. But these guys are operating heavy machinery in a production plant. Other people's safety could depend on their behavior.

nychief
12-11-2012, 11:58 AM
unions built the middle class you fucking retards.

Bewbies
12-11-2012, 12:20 PM
unions built the middle class you ****ing retards.

This is an accurate statement.

Gonzo
12-11-2012, 12:22 PM
unions built the middle class you fucking retards.

LMAO

yeah they did, in the 30's thru the 60's. No they create the middle class in China. Congrats!

Jesus, it's shit like this that is destroying the middle class now. I actually have to pay employees to do their fucking laundry because we issue them uniforms.
How fucking stupid is that? Next thing you know, I'll be paying them to bathe since its our policy to be well groomed.

Brock
12-11-2012, 12:25 PM
LMAO

yeah they did, in the 30's thru the 60's. No they create the middle class in China. Congrats! .

If only Americans would do dangerous work with toxic chemicals with no protection for a bowl of rice per day. DAMMIT UNIONS!

Brock
12-11-2012, 12:28 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcbrfqbJiB1rd65t9o1_500.jpg

Predarat
12-11-2012, 12:29 PM
If they were off the clock and off company property this is the right call.

rabblerouser
12-11-2012, 12:34 PM

ha - true.

Oh and FOXNews is completely only for old republican retards, now off to DC we can go.

funny, that...for a station that only old retarded republicans seem to watch, a bunch of young douchebag liberals sure seem to know a lot about every single thing that it touches on...

just saying.

kcpasco
12-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Did the employees caught on video return to work after lunch? And if they did were they taken off the job and given a proper drug and alchohol test? And if it was a positive test were they given a proper hearing according to there collective bargaining agreement?

Or were they fired because that's what FOX NEWS wanted?

Let's just keep jumping to conclusions people.

Marcellus
12-11-2012, 12:36 PM

I am 100% certain that Chrysler's employee policy prohibits people who have been drinking or are under the influence of drugs to be working.

You think it was out of their system by the time lunch was over?

Brock
12-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Did the employees caught on video return to work after lunch? And if they did were they taken off the job and given a proper drug and alchohol test? And if it was a positive test were they given a proper hearing according to there collective bargaining agreement?

Now, now. Let's not let rational thinking get in the way of a good old fashioned RED-BASHING!

Marcellus
12-11-2012, 12:37 PM

I cant think of a single scenario where factory employees drinking and smoking weed at lunch should not result in their termination.

They didn't work for a fucking head shop, there is nothing to jump to conclusion about, they got busted. Its not even debatable in the real world, or what should be the real world.

Marcellus
12-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Now, now. Let's not let rational thinking get in the way of a good old fashioned RED-BASHING!

Too bad there was zero logic applied. Logic is simply watching the video then firing the employees. Really its that simple.

Brock
12-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Too bad there was zero logic applied. Logic is simply watching the video then firing the employees. Really its that simple.

Kinda depends on what the company policy is and what the contract they signed with the union says. You don't get to make the rules up as you go along.

Marcellus
12-11-2012, 12:39 PM
LMAO

yeah they did, in the 30's thru the 60's. No they create the middle class in China. Congrats!

Jesus, it's shit like this that is destroying the middle class now. I actually have to pay employees to do their ****ing laundry because we issue them uniforms.
How ****ing stupid is that? Next thing you know, I'll be paying them to bathe since its our policy to be well groomed.

We have to pay employees to put on and take off their uniforms. Its ludicrous.

Marcellus
12-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Kinda depends on what the company policy is and what the contract they signed with the union says. You don't get to make the rules up as you go along.

I am sure the being at work after drinking or doing drugs is against company policy at Chrysler, you don't need a positive test after watching that video to make that assumption.

The Union shouldn't even be trying to save those guys jobs and should be looking for good people to replace those turds.

Brock
12-11-2012, 12:45 PM
I am sure the being at work after drinking or doing drugs is against company policy at Chrysler, you don't need a positive test after watching that video to make that assumption.

The Union shouldn't even be trying to save those guys jobs and should be looking for good people to replace those turds.

Yeah, no kidding. I'm sure it is against company policy. What is the company policy regarding what you do with people when they get caught doing it? My guess is, if it's anything like every other large corporation I've worked for, they get to go to EAP classes and then they're subject to random UAs for the next year. But they're aren't fired, even if you did catch them on video.

You can't blame the union for enforcing their contract, if that is the case.

mikey23545
12-11-2012, 12:47 PM

These are workers in a plant full of machinery, getting drunk and/or high at lunch, and you wonder what their union contract says about it?

How fucking drunk and/or high are you right now?

Predarat
12-11-2012, 12:48 PM
I am 100% certain that Chrysler's employee policy prohibits people who have been drinking or are under the influence of drugs to be working.

You think it was out of their system by the time lunch was over?

I've done some of my best work when I am drunk/high or both at the same time. Plus it was not the company that caught them, some damn new station was out stalking them on their own time. As long as they had a DD they should be in the clear. If they were driving drunk on company property, then they have a case.

Brock
12-11-2012, 12:50 PM
These are workers in a plant full of machinery, getting drunk and/or high at lunch, and you wonder what their union contract says about it?

How fucking drunk and/or high are you right now?

I see it every day, dipshit. You should probably stick to things you know, like popping handfuls of vicodin and making election predictions that blow up in your face.

mikey23545
12-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Next thing you know, those corporate bastards will be canning airline pilots for flying while drunk.

mikey23545
12-11-2012, 12:51 PM
I see it every day, dipshit. You should probably stick to things you know, like popping handfuls of vicodin and making election predictions that blow up in your face.

Ah, decimated in an argument, you pull the usual old Brock tactic of insults...LMAO

And what makes you think I pop vicodins?

Gonzo
12-11-2012, 12:52 PM
They took our jobs! Herrrrrrrp Derrrrrrrp.

Brock
12-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Ah, decimated in an argument, you pull the usual old Brock tactic of insults...LMAO

And what makes you think I pop vicodins?

"Decimated in an argument"? I just cited the Boeing company policy, but yeah, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Buehler445
12-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Generally I would tend to agree. But these guys are operating heavy machinery in a production plant. Other people's safety could depend on their behavior.

This. I never ever drink at lunch. Ever. The only drink I've had on company time was during the company retreat we took at 3:00. And I didn't feel comfortable about that either. I made goddamn sure that all of my bosses were drinking before I started.

In my line of work now, it is pretty egregious to do anything even remotely under the influence. All of our employees since the dawn of time have been told if there is any alcohol on your breath, you're gone.

Fish is right, it's never the drunk guy that gets hurt. It's the guy he hurts that suffers.

Not if they went back to work drunk or high.

At the very least they should have been suspended pending drug tests and UAs quite frequently.

Gonzo
12-11-2012, 12:57 PM
"Decimated in an argument"? I just cited the Boeing company policy, but yeah, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Does Boeing still exist? I figured they'd probably "laid off" everyone by now. See Wichita.

LOCOChief
12-11-2012, 12:58 PM

How ****ing drunk and/or high are you right now?

Yeah and they're building cars that you drive your family around in. Not a problem I'm sure a safe vehicle can be built entirely by drunk and stoned auto workers.
If I had done this at any job I've ever had I would've been fired.

Brock
12-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Does Boeing still exist? I figured they'd probably "laid off" everyone by now. See Wichita.

They employ hundreds of thousands of people worldwide and are the biggest exporter in the US, so yeah, I think it's safe to assume they still exist.

Gonzo
12-11-2012, 12:59 PM
This. I never ever drink at lunch. Ever. The only drink I've had on company time was during the company retreat we took at 3:00. And I didn't feel comfortable about that either. I made goddamn sure that all of my bosses were drinking before I started.

In my line of work now, it is pretty egregious to do anything even remotely under the influence. All of our employees since the dawn of time have been told if there is any alcohol on your breath, you're gone.

Fish is right, it's never the drunk guy that gets hurt. It's the guy he hurts that suffers.

Not if they went back to work drunk or high.

At the very least they should have been suspended pending drug tests and UAs quite frequently.

This is far too logical sir... Please vacate the thread immediately or you'll be shipped off to China or Mexico like all the rest of our good companies.

mikey23545
12-11-2012, 01:00 PM

If any company allows employees to keep working in a hazardous environment when they have been seen drinking and doing drugs at lunchtime, then let's hope they don't mangle themselves or others, or that we're not driving 70 mph in one of the cars they put together while all fucked up...LMAO

Marcellus
12-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Yeah, no kidding. I'm sure it is against company policy. What is the company policy regarding what you do with people when they get caught doing it? My guess is, if it's anything like every other large corporation I've worked for, they get to go to EAP classes and then they're subject to random UAs for the next year. But they're aren't fired, even if you did catch them on video.

You can't blame the union for enforcing their contract, if that is the case.

I don't doubt there is some language in the contract that they have to go through 15 steps of crap to terminate. That to me is a huge part of the problem with Unions. Employees know they can get away with shit 5x before it hurts them, kind of like little kids knowing the limits and pushing them to the edge. About 20% of your workforce will always push the limits of rules and policy.

We have 450 employees at our facility (non union) and if you get caught doing anything during work hours including lunch off the clock and you are fired. End of story.

If you come forward and ask for help with a drug or alcohol issue you get sent through our EAP (Employee Assistance Program). But you have to come forward, not get busted.

Marcellus
12-11-2012, 01:01 PM
If any company allows employees to keep working in a hazardous environment when they have been seen drinking and doing drugs at lunchtime, then let's hope they don't mangle themselves or others, or that we're not driving 70 mph in one of the cars they put together while all ****ed up...LMAO

There is a reason they needed bailed out. Bad management and bad Union contracts.

Brock
12-11-2012, 01:01 PM
If any company allows employees to keep working in a hazardous environment when they have been seen drinking and doing drugs at lunchtime, then let's hope they don't mangle themselves or others, or that we're not driving 70 mph in one of the cars they put together while all fucked up...LMAO

Having some trouble keeping your argument straight?

loochy
12-11-2012, 01:11 PM

BUT MIDDLE CLASS

ghak99
12-11-2012, 01:26 PM
unions built the middle class you ****ing retards.

...and now they're doing the same in china.

I guess I should have read 2 more posts.

mr. tegu
12-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Aside from the legal/contract issues involved, does anyone really feel bad for these idiots that got fired? Can we all at least agree they are morons?

loochy
12-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Aside from the legal/contract issues involved, does anyone really feel bad for these idiots that got fired? Can we all at least agree they are morons?

YES BECAUSE THEY ARE ONLY MIDDLE CLASS AND COMPANIES ARE BAD

ALSO ANYTHING FOX NEWS SAYS IS WRONG SO THEY PROBABLY WERE JUST OUT DELIVERING MEALS ON WHEELS AND NOT GETTING HIGH