PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Can we PLEASE cross Matt Barkley off the list

WayneBowe
12-15-2012, 12:48 PM
The guy is underwhelming at best. A team that runs a pro style offense and he doesn't have much success. Barkley would back up Thigpen at Coastal Carolina... (It's a joke, relax)

Yes Lame Kitten has something to do with his lack of performance...

Yes his O-line is terrible...

The bottom line is, the kid has a "Cassel" for an arm...

He is a project at best, no way in hell I want him running my offense in 9 months.

Maybe I'm wrong (I'm not)

Geno or Die.

The End.

milkman
12-15-2012, 12:53 PM
I want the first pick, and I want Geno.

I think there's a small separtion between Geno and Tyler Wilson, that will widen as the draft approaches, and then a larger seperation between Wilson and Barkley.

That being said, Matt Barkley is tons better than Cassel.

Flachief58
12-15-2012, 01:04 PM
The guy is underwhelming at best. A team that runs a pro style offense and he doesn't have much success. Barkley would back up Thigpen at Coastal Carolina... (It's a joke, relax)

Yes Lame Kitten has something to do with his lack of performance...

Yes his O-line is terrible...

The bottom line is, the kid has a "Cassel" for an arm...

He is a project at best, no way in hell I want him running my offense in 9 months.

Maybe I'm wrong (I'm not)

Geno or Die.

The End.

This. No more game managers, I want a game CHANGER!

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2012, 01:06 PM
The idiots are out in full force.

KC Tattoo
12-15-2012, 01:07 PM
I want Geno first and formost. I'd be happy with Tyler Wilson and also Barkley would be a major improvement with his accuracy alone. I wouldn't cross him off the list as an early first or mid first round draft pick.

WayneBowe
12-15-2012, 01:09 PM

I respect everyones opinion, but you have to see that this Kid has very little upside. The best thing you hope for with Barkley is game manager (Alex Smith)

We need a game changer! Somebody that you have full confidence in making an 80 yard drive, converting multiple 3rd downs, taking over a game.

Barkley isn't that guy.

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 01:14 PM
I think lame nicknames like "Lame Kitten" are pretty stupid.

WayneBowe
12-15-2012, 01:15 PM

Says Capt. Tasty Cheeks :thumb:

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2012, 01:15 PM
We need a game changer! Somebody that you have full confidence in making an 80 yard drive, converting multiple 3rd downs, taking over a game.

Barkley isn't that guy.

Barkely has done that many times. He is a natural leader.

His two knocks are he isn't 6'4 and doesn't have an elite arm. He has an above average arm that isn't even close to Matt Cassel. Its silly to even say that.

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Says Capt. Tasty Cheeks :thumb:

but captain tasty cheeks is pretty funny

Flachief58
12-15-2012, 01:17 PM

If he were the best QB on the board, I'd be ok with it but, if we get the #1 overall & pass on Smith, THAT would be crazy. The kid is by all accounts, smart as hell, has a cannon of an arm and is very accurate. So yeah, Geno should be our guy

Rudy lost the toss
12-15-2012, 01:17 PM

Says the QB guru

Cassel : Pioli :: Sanchez : ChiefsCountry

Are you still supporting that guy? For the record I like Barkley better than most...

Count Zarth
12-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Matt Barkley's ceiling is Trent Green.

So, no thanks.

milkman
12-15-2012, 01:19 PM

I agree.

It's really juvenile.

suds79
12-15-2012, 01:21 PM
He's almost off the board for me.

He's the last top ranked QB I want. So I'll take him over another position but yeah. I just want a big armed QB. Just ready for something different.

So for me it's...

1 - Geno
2 - Tyler Wilson
3 - Tyler Bray (if he declares)
4 - Mike Glennon

I don't know. Not completely sold in my order but yeah Barkley isn't on there for me. Too weak of skills.

milkman
12-15-2012, 01:22 PM
If he were the best QB on the board, I'd be ok with it but, if we get the #1 overall & pass on Smith, THAT would be crazy. The kid is by all accounts, smart as hell, has a cannon of an arm and is very accurate. So yeah, Geno should be our guy

That's the deal right there.

Geno is the best prospect in this class, and a better top QB prospect than most in the last few years.

If the Chiefs didn't ave any choice, Barkley would be a good pick.

But, at the top of the draft, it's gotta be geno.

WayneBowe
12-15-2012, 01:22 PM
I agree.

It's really juvenile.

So taking shots at former Raiders coaches is not acceptable here? Note taken.

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 01:23 PM
I just hope we get Geno.

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Says the QB guru

Cassel : Pioli :: Sanchez : ChiefsCountry

Are you still supporting that guy? For the record I like Barkley better than most...

What fucking banned loser is this?

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 01:26 PM
How is this guy not an elite prospect?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geno_smith

and if I read that right...he'd be Geno Smith...III

BLOW FOR GENO 3!

a perfectionist? A scholar? HOLY SHIT PLEASE, PLEASE LOSE TO OAKLAND SUNDAY

Gravedigger
12-15-2012, 01:27 PM

Me too, I'm still trying to figure out Mark Castle and how it is deemed funny or an insult to Matt Cassel.

WayneBowe
12-15-2012, 01:32 PM
God forbid you guys talk about football...I'm so incredibly sorry that I offended your friend Lane Monte Kiffin. Do you have any football input that pertains to the thread, or are you just here to flame every post you see appropriate?

In case you guys aren't aware...we are all on the same team here. Bashing each other is whats LAME in my book. I dont give a **** how many posts you have, or who you are. Talk about football or shut up.

Noss
12-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Yes, Matt Barkley can be crossed off the list.

milkman
12-15-2012, 01:36 PM
God forbid you guys talk about football...I'm so incredibly sorry that I offended your friend Lane Monte Kiffin. Do you have any football input that pertains to the thread, or are you just here to flame every post you see appropriate?

In case you guys aren't aware...we are all on the same team here. Bashing each other is whats LAME in my book. I dont give a **** how many posts you have, or who you are. Talk about football or shut up.

There are some of us that have the ability to do both.

I commented on Barkley and I commented on the lame nickname.

You chose to respond to the lame nickname comment.

I imagine that is because you are easily butt hurt.

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 01:38 PM
There are some of us that have the ability to do both.

I commented on Barkley and I commented on the lame nickname.

You chose to respond to the lame nickname comment.

I imagine that is because you are easily butt hurt.

Me too, lol.

I already expressed my love for Geno in this very thread. My God I don't even care about the football tape he's like an RGIII clone.

Raiderhader
12-15-2012, 01:49 PM

Shut up, dude. You're now making an ass of yourself.

WayneBowe
12-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Shut up, dude. You're now making an ass of yourself.

Great input

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2012, 01:52 PM
1) Geno
2) Bray
3) Wilson( injury issues)
4) Barkley ( Injury Issues)

Pestilence
12-15-2012, 02:04 PM
1) Geno
2) Bray

This.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Barkely has done that many times. He is a natural leader.

His two knocks are he isn't 6'4 and doesn't have an elite arm. He has an above average arm that isn't even close to Matt Cassel. Its silly to even say that.

He's not black enough.

Saul Good
12-15-2012, 02:22 PM
1) Geno
2) Bray

Agreed. Also, I think Bray's coming out.

WayneBowe
12-15-2012, 02:24 PM
He's not black enough.

:thumb:

Canofbier
12-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Me too, lol.

I already expressed my love for Geno in this very thread. My God I don't even care about the football tape he's like an RGIII clone.

That explains how you've reached the conclusion directly after the bolded statement. :facepalm:

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 02:35 PM
That explains how you've reached the conclusion directly after the bolded statement. :facepalm:

I was talking about as a person, not as a player.

As a person, he's a lot (or at least that wikipedia) write up made him seem like he's from the same RGIII mold.

A perfectionist.

That's what I want out of my QB.

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 02:35 PM
I want a guy who's obsessed with the game, the film, and being the best...not a guy who is obsessed with womanizing and taking beer bongs with 18 year old girls (Leinart)

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 02:36 PM
I wish they had draft props up so I could put a few hundred on Geno going #1

bevischief
12-15-2012, 02:37 PM

I think there's a small separtion between Geno and Tyler Wilson, that will widen as the draft approaches, and then a larger seperation between Wilson and Barkley.

This.

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 02:37 PM
last year around this time I told some friends when RGIII was still getting the "iffy" grade from "experts" that he'd go #2 no doubt in my mind.

I did the same thing with Cam Newton the year before.

There is just no way...regardless of film or combine or anything...a QB doesn't go #1 anymore...unless the team drafting #1 is a team that took a QB #1 the previous year or has a legit franchise QB who suffered some sort of injury causing them to get the #1.

The Chargers would draft Geno #1 this year with Philip under contract.

There is just no reason not to. Andrew Luck is paid like a decent backup for 4 years.

WayneBowe
12-15-2012, 02:38 PM
I want a guy who's obsessed with the game, the film, and being the best...not a guy who is obsessed with womanizing and taking beer bongs with 18 year old girls (Leinart)

This. :thumb:

And from what I have heard/read Geno absolutely obsesses over the game.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Don't count Aaron Murray out of the elite group just yet. I know he's small, but he's got great accuracy, and a great arm. It's Geno or bust for me though. If the Chiefs win tomorrow, I may go on a hunger strike.

Saul Good
12-15-2012, 02:40 PM
There is just no way...regardless of film or combine or anything...a QB doesn't go #1 anymore...unless the team drafting #1 is a team that took a QB #1 the previous year or has a legit franchise QB who suffered some sort of injury causing them to get the #1.

Even then the pick gets traded.

Canofbier
12-15-2012, 02:41 PM
I was talking about as a person, not as a player.

As a person, he's a lot (or at least that wikipedia) write up made him seem like he's from the same RGIII mold.

A perfectionist.

That's what I want out of my QB.

That I can agree to. Here's to three more losses! :D

Mr. Flopnuts
12-15-2012, 02:42 PM
What makes me laugh is all the dumbfucks on the internet clamoring for Collin Klein. JFC.

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Even then the pick gets traded.

True.

I don't think we are going to see a draft anytime soon where a QB doesn't go #1.

Saul Good
12-15-2012, 02:43 PM
What makes me laugh is all the dumb****s on the internet clamoring for Collin Klein. JFC.

I wouldn't draft him with an 8th rounder.

Flachief58
12-15-2012, 02:44 PM
What makes me laugh is all the dumbfucks on the internet clamoring for Collin Klein. JFC.

Tebow 2.0....no thanks

bevischief
12-15-2012, 02:46 PM

As long as you make sense and don't go full retard most of leave you alone. But be prepared to back up anything you want to stand behind. Also we have a sick sense of humor. So if you have a thick skin welcome aboard. I am one of the nice ones on here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-15-2012, 02:49 PM
As long as you make sense and don't go full retard most of leave you alone. But be prepared to back up anything you want to stand behind. Also we have a sick sense of humor. So if you have a thick skin welcome aboard. I am one of the nice ones on here.

Yep. The Planet Mojo is a much different and more powerful Mojo than other message boards.

WayneBowe
12-15-2012, 02:49 PM
We are an Andrew Luck injury away from losing the #1 pick... I think we are just dumb enough to beat the raiders, and if Luck goes down with an injury this week or next we could win that game at arrowhead. I'm getting nervous

PLEAD THE FIFTH AND GO FOR SMITH!

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 03:00 PM
if we win against the Raiders this season will go from total nightmare to total nightmare abortion nightmare

WayneBowe
12-15-2012, 03:02 PM
I pray to the football Gods above that we don't see Dexter McCluster Flex for the cameras

Count Zarth
12-15-2012, 03:15 PM
I pray to the football Gods above that we don't see Dexter McCluster Flex for the cameras

I do.

The more he touches it, the better chance we have of losing.

This is a proven fact.

I want Dex to have 10 catches for 70 yards and 14 turnovers.

Fritz88
12-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Piloi will stay and pick a QB. He will trade down.I can feel it

HoneyBadger
12-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Can we cross you off the list of people that can start threads?

SNR
12-15-2012, 03:31 PM

Colon Klein

WayneBowe

This is exactly the kind of douchbag I'm talking about. I would bet you bring nothing to the table in any of your posts. Call it a hunch

ROYC75
1) Geno
2) Bray
4) Anybody other than Barkley & Klein

Fixed it for ya.

Thank Me later.:thumb:

ROYC75
12-15-2012, 03:32 PM
He's not black enough.

LOL.:LOL:

SNR
12-15-2012, 03:32 PM

No. "HoneyBadger."

Great name, douche.

Hey honey, look at the time! It's already 2011! The Honey Badger video is still fresh!

ROYC75
12-15-2012, 03:35 PM
What makes me laugh is all the dumb****s on the internet clamoring for Collin Klein. JFC.

:Lin:

ROYC75
12-15-2012, 03:38 PM
I do.

The more he touches it, the better chance we have of losing.

This is a proven fact.

I want Dex to have 10 catches for 70 yards and 14 turnovers.

Damn he's good, 10 touches & 14 turnovers!:eek:

ROYC75
12-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Colon Klein

ROFL

Saul Good
12-15-2012, 03:39 PM
No. "HoneyBadger."

Great name, douche.

Hey honey, look at the time! It's already 2011! The Honey Badger video is still fresh!

Dancing Baby was taken.

Bowser
12-15-2012, 04:38 PM
No. "HoneyBadger."

Great name, douche.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-CSJWZH9-WM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BossChief
12-15-2012, 04:51 PM
If we beat the Raiders, we better get used to Matt Barkley and his ilk...because I bet Geno and Wilson go 1 and 2.

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 04:55 PM
what I want from this game...

a loss

and 300 yards rushing with 4 TD's from Charles

too much to ask?

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 04:59 PM
GSIII or bust!

I'm guessing he doesn't have contact with his dad, though...which is why he doesn't embrace the III part of his name.

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 04:59 PM
and I'm only guessing that because of his mother's different last name and the fact it was said he was raised by his grandma while his mom finished school

Saccopoo
12-15-2012, 05:00 PM
what I want from this game...

a loss

and 300 yards rushing with 4 TD's from Charles

too much to ask?

Yeah, it is.

Because 4 TD's from Charles would seal this sucker for the Chiefs. The Raiders are going full tank mode. And, let's face it, they are total horribad. Maybe worse than the Chiefs at this point. And Palmer is done. I'm sure Crennel wants another shot somewhere so he's going to try to get these guys to play.

This game is the game that determines who gets Geno and who gets the third pick in the draft.

It's either Geno or Luke Joeckel for the Chiefs and this Sunday determines all of that.

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 05:00 PM
GS3 has a ring, guys...

the Colts sucked for Luck, the Redskins traded up for RGIII...and we followed up with a GSIII consolation prize! I like it.

Newton can keep his gay superman shit, we'll be free with GSIII!

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 05:02 PM
I was being sarcastic about the Jamaal Charles thing..but I'd definitely take a repeat of last week...score and everything.

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 05:03 PM
It's GSIII! It's RGIII! It's Super Bowl, 53!

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 05:04 PM
(we are already champions of 49 and 51, as well)

Chiefs Pantalones
12-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Barkley isn't terrible, but he's not worth the #1 overall pick. Smith and Wilson will likely go 1 and 2, IMO. There's a long time until the draft though so we'll see.

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 05:08 PM
I'll take a flyer on Barkley in the 2nd round...after we take Geno in the 1st! SIGN 'EM ALL UP

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 05:08 PM
take 3 QB's this year for all I fucking care

ChiefsandO'sfan
12-15-2012, 05:13 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1230635/usctd22.gif

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 05:16 PM
oh the O's fan likes Barkley?

Ok nevermind.

NO TO BARKLEY

SNR
12-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Barkley's still #3 for me. A significant grade above the likes of ostrich boy

Bowser
12-15-2012, 06:27 PM
It just HAS TO BE Geno. Accept no substitutes.

scho63
12-15-2012, 06:53 PM
I want to draft a QB that can do the following very well;

Can throw a ball 40-50 yards with little effort

Can complete 60% of his passes

Doesn't get all his receivers killed

Can see his second and third options on every pass play

Doesn't go fetal on 1/2 his plays

Can put his hat on correctly on the sidelines

Has no connection to New England

Knows how to tuck the ball and not fumble 20 times a year

Knows when to throw an incompletion or toss it out of bounds

Slides first and dives second

That is all

cyborgtable
12-15-2012, 07:05 PM
I want to draft a QB that can do the following very well;

Can throw a ball 40-50 yards with little effort

Can complete 60% of his passes

Doesn't get all his receivers killed

Can see his second and third options on every pass play

Doesn't go fetal on 1/2 his plays

Can put his hat on correctly on the sidelines

Has no connection to New England

Knows how to tuck the ball and not fumble 20 times a year

Knows when to throw an incompletion or toss it out of bounds

Slides first and dives second

That is all

I would add that he not only inspires those around him to play harder but that he also demands accountability from not only the players but the coaching staff.

I always hear that the great QB's keep the coaches on their toes by knowing as much or more about the offense than the coaches do. I want my QB to be like that

RINGLEADER
12-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Look for a blockbuster deal sending the next three years of drafts to the Patriots for Tom Brady, who will quit after 1-2 seasons.

HoneyBadger
12-15-2012, 08:46 PM
This is exactly the kind of douchbag I'm talking about. I would bet you bring nothing to the table in any of your posts. Call it a hunch

You didn't bring shit to CP. Die.

HoneyBadger
12-15-2012, 08:48 PM
No. "HoneyBadger."

Great name, douche.

How does my name make me a douche? You are fuckin stupid.

RunKC
12-15-2012, 10:06 PM
1. Geno Smith

2. Tyler Wilson/Mike Glennon-whoever looks better at the Senior Bowl.

3. Matt Barkley

RunKC
12-15-2012, 10:11 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1230635/usctd22.gif

If Mike Glennon was USC's QB this year, he would have had 4,000+ yards 40+ TD's and a 65% or better completion percentage.

TomSlash
12-15-2012, 10:23 PM
boy o boy - you all are really a riot - everybody just knows how everyone is going to pan out - maybe you all should fill in for Scott Pioli or perhaps sign up for OC or DC, i've seen this time and time again on this website.

Let's all jump aside and let @KCshit pull all the strings. :LOL:

Get a clue, mate get a clue

BossChief
12-15-2012, 10:25 PM
boy o boy - you all are really a riot - everybody just knows how everyone is going to pan out - maybe you all should fill in for Scott Pioli or perhaps sign up for OC or DC, i've seen this time and time again on this website.

Let's all jump aside and let @KCshit pull all the strings. :LOL:

Get a clue, mate get a clue

22 CP posters off the street could win more than 2 games.

TomSlash
12-15-2012, 10:38 PM
22 CP posters off the street could win more than 2 games.

look bud, i don't need any explaing from you - ok

DeezNutz
12-15-2012, 10:43 PM

Why the fuck this thread wasn't locked here is a mystery.

Come at me, maads.

BossChief
12-15-2012, 10:45 PM
I think Barkley can be a successful NFL QB if he goes into the right situation.

He needs to be paired up with a HC and OC that know how to groom him into the NFL version of todays west coast offense.

I wouldnt be mad if I was a fan of the team that drafts Barkley and has a coach like Reid or Holmgren.

DeezNutz
12-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Barkley is a very good prospect. Not elite. Far from it, but still very good.

This is Stafford-lite at its very best.

BossChief
12-15-2012, 10:54 PM
If we beat the Raiders, Barkley is our guy. I'd be fine with that.

People over criticize Barkley in a similar fashion Aaron Rodgers did because of previous quarterbacks from their system/school.

O.city
12-15-2012, 10:54 PM
I don't think teams are as high on Wilson as we are on CP.

Bowser
12-15-2012, 10:59 PM
I don't think teams are as high on Wilson as we are on CP.

He's one of those guys that will either make it or break it with the combine and school workouts. As it stands right now, he has the feel of a third rounder, MAYBE second.

RunKC
12-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Barkley's still #3 for me. A significant grade above the likes of ostrich boy

I think SNR is Nick Wright. I really do lol

BossChief
12-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Tyler Wilson will be a top 15 pick. So will Barkley and I wouldn't be shocked if a 4th guy sneaks in there.

Ryan Tannehill went at 8.

Bowser
12-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Tyler Wilson will be a top 15 pick. So will Barkley and I wouldn't be shocked if a 4th guy sneaks in there.

Yeah, true. It is a QB league.

Right now, would you take Wilson or Bray if those two were all to chose from?

RunKC
12-15-2012, 11:11 PM

Well, us, the Jags, the Cards and the Bills all have an extreme want or need for a QB, and that's not counting teams like the Eagles or Raiders who could take a QB.

I think Geno, Wilson, Barkley and Glennon will all go in the top 15.

BossChief
12-15-2012, 11:13 PM

wilson

BossChief
12-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Also, if we win tomorrow, we need to fire up the "trade up at any cost to take Geno" bandwagon.

DeezNutz
12-15-2012, 11:24 PM

Impossible question because fans cannot and will not possibly know. The concerns about Bray, who is physically more gifted, focus on issues that fans cannot evaluate.

O.city
12-15-2012, 11:28 PM
If Bray interviews like a competent human, he could skyrocket.

BossChief
12-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Bray will almost assuredly go back to Tennessee. Won't he?

O.city
12-15-2012, 11:32 PM
With the HC gone, I doubt it.

He could work out with a trainer, come to the combine, interview like a pro, and wow everyone and get drafted mid to late first, IMO.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Bray will almost assuredly go back to Tennessee. Won't he?

Word is he's expected to declare because he doesn't wanna start over with a new HC and learn a new offense.

O.city
12-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Honestly, if I had no idea of his past, just watching guys at the combine I could probably come away making a case that Bray should be a pretty high pick. Based on physical skills alone, he's up there.

DeezNutz
12-15-2012, 11:39 PM
The fact that people are suggesting that Barkley isn't a legit prospect is funny.

Fact: Barkley is a far superior prospect to Tannehill, and it's not even remotely close.

O.city
12-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Barkley has the intangibles.

No, he's not the most physically imposing QB. But the dude knows how to play the position.

Thats never a bad thing.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Honestly, if I had no idea of his past, just watching guys at the combine I could probably come away making a case that Bray should be a pretty high pick. Based on physical skills alone, he's up there.

I'd be fine with him if we happen to miss out on Smith and Wilson. He's gonna rise because his talent is something else. I've been impressed with him the handful amount of times I've seen him play this year.

O.city
12-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Smith and Bray have the highest ceiling in this class. But they probably both have some or quite a bit of bust potential.

But like I've said before, the risk is absolutely worth the reward, because the alternative is shit.

BossChief
12-15-2012, 11:44 PM
I dont know if he has the maturity it takes to lead an NFL team just yet. Im not saying he doesnt, just that he has been inconsistent at Tennessee and has maturity concerns.

I think that if he goes into the right situation, he can be a superstar and if he doesnt, he can be out of the league in 3 years.

If we have the right coaching staff, an argument can be made that trading down and taking a guy like Bray (with a bounty of picks, too) would be worth consideration.

O.city
12-15-2012, 11:46 PM
I don't really view trading down as an option this year. No one is gonna give up an RGIII haul at this point, plus if you are drafting 1 overall, you suck.

So take the best player available at the most important position and get shit rolling the right way.

SNR
12-15-2012, 11:46 PM
I think SNR is Nick Wright. I really do lol
I live in Wisconsin, and all of my local KC sports media comes exclusively through the stuff people post on Chiefs Planet, so I don't know what that means. Is it a compliment?

DeezNutz
12-15-2012, 11:47 PM
If we have the right coaching staff, an argument can be made that trading down and taking a guy like Bray (with a bounty of picks, too) would be worth consideration.

What the hell are you talking about? With the new CBA, such scenarios are moot.

Teams will trade up to be in position to draft gifted QBs like Bray. If you trade down, like STL last year, you are voluntarily removing yourself from consideration.

O.city
12-15-2012, 11:49 PM
I don't want to trade down at all.

If we get the 1st pick, we have the choice to take teh best QB we see fit. No one can take him away from us, we don't have to get lucky.

Evaluate who you think that guy is, and draft him.

BossChief
12-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Lets say we hire Andy Reid as the HC...or Mike Holmgren. A proven coach that has a history of developing quarterbacks.

Those extra first rounders and still getting one of the following:
Smith
Bray
Barkley
Wilson

Isn't all that bad.

Lets say Buffalo is calling and offering the 4th pick and their second and third rounders this year as well as their first the next 2 drafts.

Im still taking Geno with the top pick and sleeping well that night....but I think it is worth conversation.

TomSlash
12-15-2012, 11:50 PM
I live in Wisconsin, and all of my local KC sports media comes exclusively through the stuff people post on Chiefs Planet, so I don't know what that means. Is it a compliment?

That's god's country, bub. I like your style, do you happen to be african american?

RunKC
12-15-2012, 11:51 PM
It really depends on who is the coach. We get Arians, Reid or Holmgren then I don't care what QB they draft because they knew WTF they are doing.

O.city
12-15-2012, 11:51 PM
Lets say we hire Andy Reid as the HC...or Mike Holmgren. A proven coach that has a history of developing quarterbacks.

Smith
Bray
Barkley
Wilson

Isn't all that bad.

Lets say Buffalo is calling and offering the 4th pick and their second and third rounders this year as well as their first the next 2 drafts.

Im still taking Geno with the top pick and sleeping well that night....but I think it is worth conversation.

Like you said, I think I still take Geno. If I'm confident he can be what I think eh can be, he'd be worth more than all those picks anyway.

DeezNutz
12-15-2012, 11:52 PM

Smith
Bray
Barkley
Wilson

Isn't all that bad.

That package? I'm taking it, and most likely walking away with either Wilson or Barkley.

TomSlash
12-15-2012, 11:53 PM
It really depends on who is the coach. We get Arians, Reid or Holmgren then I don't care what QB they draft because they knew WTF they are doing.

well then we will all pull our duel y trucks over to let your mental midget yugo through, winner.

RunKC

Man Wisconsin must suck from October to March. Summers are probably awesome though.

Bowser
I think my problem with Barkley is that the talent at that school is 90% of the time head and shoulders above the teams they're playing against. Because of that, stats look better, as in downright inflated.

It would be like an NFL QB playing with a Pro Bowl roster against other NFL teams.

Yeah, they're talented, but how good are they when you break them all apart?

SNR
12-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Man Wisconsin must suck from October to March. Summers are probably awesome though.

Ehhh... it's alright. But I've never been huge on living in hot places. I would much rather it be bone-chilling -40 outside than 100+ with humidity

BossChief
12-15-2012, 11:56 PM
That package? I'm taking it, and most likely walking away with either Wilson or Barkley.

That's similar to what Washington gave up, but the Rams slid back to 6.

DeezNutz
12-15-2012, 11:56 PM
I think my problem with Barkley is that the talent at that school is 90% of the time head and shoulders above the teams they're playing against. Because of that, stats look better, as in downright inflated.

It would be like an NFL QB playing with a Pro Bowl roster against other NFL teams.

You don't like Smith because he's throwing to NFL talent, too.

RunKC
12-15-2012, 11:57 PM

Outside of Robert Woods and Marquise Lee, USC has no real talent on offense this year. Their OL is complete dumpster fire, except Khaled Holmes, who was hurt for half the year. Their RB from PSU is okay but nothing great this year.

Add to the fact that Lane Kiffin is a moron and you get a bad situation.

DeezNutz
12-15-2012, 11:57 PM
That's similar to what Washington gave up, but the Rams slid back to 6.

Similar does not equal identical, and I don't believe that Smith is equivalent to Luck or RGIII.

Bowser
12-16-2012, 12:03 AM
You don't like Smith because he's throwing to NFL talent, too.

Yeah, it's an illogical statement to look at. I don't know, maybe I've just watched USC offensive guys just destroy it in college over the years, then do not quite that good in the pros, and decided that they're not as great as that?

If we end up with Barkley, I won't cry about it. Not until he gives me a reason to, anyway. Geno is my pick, like I have a voice in the matter.

DeezNutz
12-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Bottom line: In April, we'll be in position to draft a QB far more talented than anyone on our roster, and we must take this chance.

BossChief
12-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Lets say we pick 3rd and Jacksonville gets the top pick.

Do we make the call to Jacksonville and try to get them to come off the pick and take Geno, or sit and take BQBA?

Unsmooth-Moment
12-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Lets say we pick 3rd and Jacksonville gets the top pick.

Do we make the call to Jacksonville and try to get them to come off the pick and take Geno, or sit and take BQBA?

I mean obviously it would depend on the cost. I want Geno, but I would be ok with Wilson if we were giving up > 3 1st round picks for Geno.

TomSlash
12-16-2012, 01:55 AM
I mean obviously it would depend on the cost. I want Geno, but I would be ok with Wilson if we were giving up > 3 1st round picks for Geno.

i love all you self proclaimed pros just sure this geno cat is going to be great in the NFL, not a one of you even played the sport most likely. Good solid plan kc fans. Keep on predicting the future, i'll be laughing and pointing at all of you cats.

Unsmooth-Moment
12-16-2012, 02:09 AM
i love all you self proclaimed pros just sure this geno cat is going to be great in the NFL, not a one of you even played the sport most likely. Good solid plan kc fans. Keep on predicting the future, i'll be laughing and pointing at all of you cats.

I never stated Geno was going to be great. I stated I wanted Geno as a Chief. He has good upside, but I don't believe people are saying he is the second coming of Peyton Manning.

not a one of you even played the sport most likely.

I did play the sport, most likely better than you.

Good solid plan kc fans. Keep on predicting the future, i'll be laughing and pointing at all of you cats.

Um, ok.

TomSlash
12-16-2012, 02:18 AM
Ehhh... it's alright. But I've never been huge on living in hot places. I would much rather it be bone-chilling -40 outside than 100+ with humidity

do you want to crawl in my little pocket and hide boy?

TomSlash
12-16-2012, 02:29 AM

let me tell you something kid, nobody knows anything yet - they coudl very eaily come into the nfl and not perform. Boy don't you read?

KC Tattoo
12-16-2012, 02:50 AM
let me tell you something kid, nobody knows anything yet - they coudl very eaily come into the nfl and not perform. Boy don't you read?

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn226/nodonuts90711/dumbass.jpg
/milkman

Jiu Jitsu Jon
12-16-2012, 03:01 AM
I'm calling it now, Raiders take Barkley in their 1st round pick...reading about his faith means he's just the kind of guy Reggie McKenzie wants.

McKenzie apparently said at one point that he would pursue players that had strong faith, as it would be less likely that they would embarrass the team with off the field antics.

evolve27
12-16-2012, 03:03 AM
Geno plus a loss today = joy

BoneKrusher
12-16-2012, 06:35 AM
Yes, Matt Barkley can be crossed off the list.

he was never on my list which consisted of Geno.

SNR
12-16-2012, 06:41 AM
Dottefan?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-16-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm calling it now, Raiders take Barkley in their 1st round pick...reading about his faith means he's just the kind of guy Reggie McKenzie wants.

McKenzie apparently said at one point that he would pursue players that had strong faith, as it would be less likely that they would embarrass the team with off the field antics.

McKenzie seems like a good guy.

milkman
12-16-2012, 08:07 AM

Let me tell you something, dumbass.

I've probably been watching football for more years than you've been wiping your own ass.

Of course nobody 'knows" anything yet.

If anybody "knew" anything, there would never be any Ryan Leafs or Tim Couches.

It's all speculation and projection.

Chief Roundup
12-16-2012, 10:04 AM

This

htismaqe
12-16-2012, 11:00 AM

The Right 53.

htismaqe
12-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Outside of Robert Woods and Marquise Lee, USC has no real talent on offense this year. Their OL is complete dumpster fire, except Khaled Holmes, who was hurt for half the year. Their RB from PSU is okay but nothing great this year.

Add to the fact that Lane Kiffin is a moron and you get a bad situation.

WVU is worse at every position.

And Holgerson had moments where he was WAY worse than Lane Kiffin.