12-17-2012, 02:43 AM
assuming we get the #1 pick

and his name is

Kyle Shanahan.

That is my dream hire.

Shanahan and GSIII

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2012, 02:44 AM
This could work, but also fail horribly. Thing is, he's got a good thing going with "RG"III

something cooler
12-17-2012, 03:10 AM
Yeah, I guess that's cool

Deberg_1990
12-17-2012, 07:50 AM
Hes starting to grow on me. Obviously has the bloodline pedigree....Had a big hand in developing Matt Schaub and RG3. Me likey

Which means the Chiefs have no shot.....

Hoover
12-17-2012, 07:55 AM
I don't think he leaves Washington because he's going to be handed that job when Daddy hangs it up.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 08:13 AM
I like the offensive system. It's QB friendly, especially for a young guy that is trying to learn the game real time. It's also good for offensive linemen.

I kind of like the idea.

Rausch
12-17-2012, 08:18 AM
assuming we get the #1 pick

and his name is

Kyle Shanahan.

:#

http://semicomplete.com/presentations/logstash-puppetconf-2012/images/office-space-printer-beat-down-gif.gif

dirk digler
12-17-2012, 08:21 AM
meh, about 4-5 weeks ago Redskins fans wanted him gone. He sucked the previous years as well.

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2012, 08:21 AM
:#

http://semicomplete.com/presentations/logstash-puppetconf-2012/images/office-space-printer-beat-down-gif.gif

It's a solid hire.

Get on board.

hometeam
12-17-2012, 08:22 AM
No thanks.

Rausch
12-17-2012, 08:23 AM
It's a solid hire.

Get on board.

I hope you get raped by rabid pandas with flaming jizz under the AIDS tree about to be struck down by lightning...

jspchief
12-17-2012, 08:27 AM
I'm not going to put much stock into Kevin Kolb's Matt Flynn's Kirk Cousins' performance when judging Jr Rat

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm not going to put much stock into Kevin Kolb's Matt Flynn's Kirk Cousins' performance when judging Jr Rat

ROFL

I do hear this.

Direckshun
12-17-2012, 08:37 AM
This could work, but also fail horribly.

Welp, I'm convinced.

bevischief
12-17-2012, 08:42 AM
rape.

suds79
12-17-2012, 08:44 AM
I like the offensive system. It's QB friendly, especially for a young guy that is trying to learn the game real time. It's also good for offensive linemen.

I kind of like the idea.

I've always loved that QB bootleg, friendly system.

I also like that their system routinely makes any RB look good. Thus, you can draft your starters late.

loochy
12-17-2012, 08:45 AM
KURT SCHOTTENHEIMER

HIZ BRUTHR WUZ GUD COCH AND STUFF

Rausch
12-17-2012, 08:46 AM
I've always loved that QB bootleg, friendly system.

I also like that their system routinely makes any RB look good. Thus, you can draft your starters late.

Then hire his dad...

suds79
12-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Then hire his dad...

Can I? :p

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2012, 08:47 AM
I hope you get raped by rabid pandas with flaming jizz under the AIDS tree about to be struck down by lightning...

LETS HIRE A HC THAT HAS BEEN OUT OF FOOTBALL FOR 6 SEASON

JIZZ FOR THE CHIN

:)

keg in kc
12-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Why would we hire a young up-and-comer when we can hire cower or gruden or lombardi's ghost?

Rausch
12-17-2012, 08:51 AM
LETS HIRE A HC THAT HAS BEEN OUT OF FOOTBALL FOR 6 SEASON

JIZZ FOR THE CHIN

:)

FACIAL FOR THE FUTURE!

Von Dumbass
12-17-2012, 08:59 AM
I would be nervous if Denver hired Kyle Shanahan. He would have trouble finding a staff because Kubes and Mike Shanahan have the best coaches in the world at coaching that particular system. The people that coach under Mike and Gary have been with them for nearly 20 years and won't just leave to follow Mike's son.

Also Kubiak and Mike Shanahan are masters at formulating game-plans. All Kyle Shanahan has to do is call the plays that Mike wants him to.

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2012, 09:03 AM
I would be nervous if Denver hired Kyle Shanahan. He would have trouble finding a staff because Kubes and Mike Shanahan have the best coaches in the world at coaching that particular system. The people that coach under Mike and Gary have been with them for nearly 20 years and won't just leave to follow Mike's son.

Also Kubiak and Mike Shanahan are masters at formulating game-plans. All Kyle Shanahan has to do is call the plays that Mike wants him too.

You are scared and nervous because in 3 yrs, we'll have a young, stud QB contending for the SB and Peyton will have retired. The donkeys will be shit. LMAO

Von Dumbass
12-17-2012, 09:07 AM
You are scared and nervous because in 3 yrs, we'll have a young, stud QB contending for the SB and Peyton will have retired. The donkeys will be shit. LMAO

You could, if your QB pans out. If John Elway doesn't have his QBOTF already, he'll have one ready when Peyton hangs'em up. We have a great structure in place, I don't have to worry about what anybody in the division does.

dirk digler
12-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Why would we hire a young up-and-comer when we can hire cower or gruden or lombardi's ghost?

I don't mind hiring an up and comer but Kyle didn't do anything spectacular when he had average to below average QB's. Like I said Redskin fans were ready to run him out of town 4-5 weeks ago along with his dad who coincidentally hasn't done anything either without an elite QB.

loochy
12-17-2012, 09:12 AM
I don't have to worry about what anybody in the division does.
yeah, you kind of do

DC.chief
12-17-2012, 09:18 AM
I don't mind hiring an up and comer but Kyle didn't do anything spectacular when he had average to below average QB's. Like I said Redskin fans were ready to run him out of town 4-5 weeks ago along with his dad who coincidentally hasn't done anything either without an elite QB.

How many coaches do much without an elite QB?

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 09:29 AM
here's a great article that pretty much defunks Knowmo's claims:

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-12-07/sports/35672983_1_kyle-shanahan-redskins-coach-mike-shanahan-offensive-coordinator

suds79
12-17-2012, 09:30 AM

This.

I was about to post the same thing.

Answer? 0

ChiefMojo
12-17-2012, 09:31 AM
The one thing I like about Shanahan is his dad and Kubiak's offense. So I'm willing to listen to the possibilities.

jd1020
12-17-2012, 09:34 AM
This.

Answer? 0

0, eh?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-81dryh-5fXs/TmlGpsoX40I/AAAAAAAAAF8/iEBoEJ-UcEo/s1600/trent-dilfer.jpg

dirk digler
12-17-2012, 09:34 AM

Fair point but the Redskins were pretty bad the last 2 seasons.

Chief Faithful
12-17-2012, 09:53 AM
I would love to see Jon Gruden as HC and Kyle Shannahan as OC. First, Pioli has to be replaced.

Deberg_1990
12-17-2012, 09:57 AM
I would love to see Jon Gruden as HC and Kyle Shannahan as OC. First, Pioli has to be replaced.

Kyle isnt moving to a lateral position outside his circle of friends or family.

If he moves it would have to be a promotion.

Rausch
12-17-2012, 09:59 AM
This.

Answer? 0

I'll toss Brad Johnson in there as well for the Bucs.

You get 2 out of the last 20 years...

rabblerouser
12-17-2012, 10:08 AM

I kind of like the idea.

**** Kyle Shanahan - NO WAY I want him to be the HC in KC.

Y'all dump on Haley, but somehow think Shanahan would get it done??

Ha!! That guy SUCKED with every QB he's had (even Shaub has been better since Kyle left.)

Kyle Shanahan thought that Rex Grossman gave his team a better chance to win games than Donovan McNabb...

They sucked so bad last year...and RGIII is the ONLY reason anyone even considers KS for a job; otherwise, he would be destined to work on Daddy Rat's staff forever.

jfc.

rabblerouser
12-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Fair point but the Redskins were pretty bad the last 2 seasons.

HORRID.

We did better with Cassel/Palko than they did with McNabb/Grossman.

Which is pretty amazing, because...McNabb/Grossman>Cassel/Palko.

Our coaching staff in '10-'11 woulda been over the MOON w/McNabb/Grossman at QB...

Chief Roundup
12-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Kyle is nothing in the NFL without his daddy calling the plays and telling him what to do.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Y'all dump on Haley, but somehow think Shanahan would get it done??

I don't dump on Haley. Nope.

Kyle Shanahan thought that Rex Grossman gave his team a better chance to win games than Donovan McNabb...

He was right.

DJ's left nut
12-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Nope.

Still Gus Bradley. 3 more turnovers, 0 second half points. The Seahawks defense is as big a story as Russell Wilson this season.

I won't hate Kyle, but I'd far prefer Bradly (and of course, The Chin).

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Kyle calls every play and designs every gameplan...try reading the article I linked...

And Schaub had his best season with shanahan

rabblerouser
12-17-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't dump on Haley. Nope.

He was right.

Grossman is basically a more physically talented Matt Cassel - he WILL fuck it up for you.

All I remember of Grossman's tenure in Washington was when they are close to either icing a victory or pulling ahead late...and Grossman threw some kind if wild fumble-pick that went sideways and wound up losing the game for his team.

But yeah, me thinks McNabb always sucked, and that Andy Reid knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he traded McNabb to a division rival.

rabblerouser
12-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Kyle calls every play and designs every gameplan...try reading the article I linked...

And Schaub had his best season with shanahan

Schaub's 'best season' would be the current one, where his team is on track for home-field advantage.

Schaub might've put up some numbers when KS was calling the plays...but they were always stuck in the '7-9, 8-8' zone, so I never paid any mind.

Fuck the Texans.

Just saying.

keg in kc
12-17-2012, 10:30 AM
I don't mind hiring an up and comer but Kyle didn't do anything spectacular when he had average to below average QB's. I'd say that maybe the lesson that needs to be taken from that is to stop fielding average to below average QBs.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Grossman is basically a more physically talented Matt Cassel - he WILL **** it up for you.

All I remember of Grossman's tenure in Washington was when they are close to either icing a victory or pulling ahead late...and Grossman threw some kind if wild fumble-pick that went sideways and wound up losing the game for his team.

But yeah, me thinks McNabb always sucked, and that Andy Reid knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he traded McNabb to a division rival.

And that season, McNabb was a LESS physically-talented version of Matt Cassel. McNabb's picture is in the dictionary next to "brokedick".

rabblerouser
12-17-2012, 10:51 AM
And that season, McNabb was a LESS physically-talented version of Matt Cassel. McNabb's picture is in the dictionary next to "brokedick".

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-17-2012, 11:00 AM
I don't think he leaves Washington because he's going to be handed that job when Daddy hangs it up.

Nailed it.

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm just saying I think he's a perfect fit for my personal ideal as a head coach.

Hard worker, young and hungry, understands the necessity to draft and develop a young QB.

He adapts to strengths and weaknesses.

and we can't deny his strong bloodlines, either

would he come to KC? I doubt it. I don't think Shanahan is in any rush to hang them up but maybe they'll just pay him head coach money to be the OC/Assistant HC.

But yeah, if I could choose any one guy to coach the Chiefs (realistically) next year and take and develop a QB #1...after what I've seen with this guy working with Griffin and Cousins this year...I think we'd be fools not to go all-in for him.

Frankie
12-17-2012, 11:06 AM
David Shaw please.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m579/sammypuya/general/DavidShawKC.jpg

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 11:06 AM
and I 100% prefer my coach to call his own offensive plays

I agree that 90% of the board disagrees with that and I totally understand that

KCDC
12-17-2012, 11:08 AM
meh, about 4-5 weeks ago Redskins fans wanted him gone. He sucked the previous years as well.

This

Chief_For_Life58
12-17-2012, 11:08 AM
I like fried potatoes in my burritos

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 11:10 AM
they wanted him gone because he's lead an electric offense all year that has been totally hindered by their absolutely abysmal secondary?

Chief_For_Life58
12-17-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm just saying I think he's a perfect fit for my personal ideal as a head coach.

Hard worker, young and hungry, understands the necessity to draft and develop a young QB.

He adapts to strengths and weaknesses.

and we can't deny his strong bloodlines, either

would he come to KC? I doubt it. I don't think Shanahan is in any rush to hang them up but maybe they'll just pay him head coach money to be the OC/Assistant HC.

But yeah, if I could choose any one guy to coach the Chiefs (realistically) next year and take and develop a QB #1...after what I've seen with this guy working with Griffin and Cousins this year...I think we'd be fools not to go all-in for him.

ura fool

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-17-2012, 11:12 AM
I like fried potatoes in my burritos

:LOL:

suds79
12-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Kent Babb's Twitter.

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb (3rd)
That said, I don't see Kyle being a HC next year, and certainly not in KC. He'll have his first HC interviews, but he needs 1 more yr here

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb (This post 2nd)
How did I like it? What's the city like? What about the organization? I don't know that it means anything, and prob doesn't, but interesting

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb (for non twitter users. This post 1st)
Meant to mention this last week but things got crazy: So during my interviews with Kyle Shanahan, he asked me about KC no fewer than 3 times

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 11:14 AM
NICE

THE DEAL IS DONE.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-17-2012, 11:14 AM
NICE

THE DEAL IS DONE.

LMAO

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 11:15 AM
GSIII and K-Shan would be my dream come true...

Von Dumbass
12-17-2012, 11:15 AM
here's a great article that pretty much defunks Knowmo's claims:

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-12-07/sports/35672983_1_kyle-shanahan-redskins-coach-mike-shanahan-offensive-coordinator

I tried reading the first two pages but I wasn't gonna read three more pages to find the part you were referencing. It read like the puff pieces that the Denver Post wrote about McDaniels when he came to Denver.

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 11:16 AM
I tried reading the first two pages but I wasn't gonna read three more pages to find the part you were referencing. It read like the puff pieces that the Denver Post wrote about McDaniels when he came to Denver.

well I figured you'd turn it off at halftime so I'm not surprised

unnecessary drama
racist quitter

suds79
GSIII and K-Shan would be my dream come true...

Can we all agree to stop referring to Geno Smith as GSIII? His game isn't nearly the same as RG3s style.

This is the 2nd time I've seen this now. Might as well call him Geno Vick... Not the same guy.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 11:19 AM

You posted those "puff pieces" all over this board.

You fucking homeristic fucking troll.

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 11:20 AM
lmao

first off, I dubbed him as GSIII...and it has nothing to do with his playing style

I read his wikipedia page the other day and saw that he was named after his father...who so happened to be Eugene "Geno" Smith, Jr.

I don't think he goes by the III because, and I'm guessing here, but based off of what I read he was raised by his grandma while his mother finished school...so I think the father wasn't very present.

However...that will not stop me from always referring to him as GSIII

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 11:23 AM
and I also fully expect there to be several RGIII vs. GSIII super bowls so we might as well just get that nickname to stick ASAP

like, I'm thinking...

"And we're approaching the kickoff of Super Bowl RGIII Vs. GSIII VI folks!"

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 11:24 AM
RGIII VS GSIII

SHANAHAN VS SHANAHAN

OMG

THE NFL IS SCRIPTED

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 11:24 AM
which is why the Chiefs had to lose to Oakland because a Shanahan would never coach in Oakland

the conspiracy theorists were right

wow this guarantees us like 3 Super Bowls

FINALLY

SNR
12-17-2012, 11:25 AM
I would strongly prefer a defensive-minded head coach with connections to some excellent offensive minds.

At the moment I don't see any brilliant offensive-minded head coaches that strike my fancy. I wish we could trade down to acquire our offensive minded head coach! This is such a bad year for them!

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 11:26 AM
which is why the Chiefs had to lose to Oakland because a Shanahan would never coach in Oakland

the conspiracy theorists were right

wow this guarantees us like 3 Super Bowls

FINALLY

ROFL

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 11:27 AM
ROFL

well I know Mike used to coach there but I don't think he's a big fan of the Davis family...

suds79
12-17-2012, 11:28 AM
lmao

first off, I dubbed him as GSIII...and it has nothing to do with his playing style

I read his wikipedia page the other day and saw that he was named after his father...who so happened to be Eugene "Geno" Smith, Jr.

I don't think he goes by the III because, and I'm guessing here, but based off of what I read he was raised by his grandma while his mother finished school...so I think the father wasn't very present.

However...that will not stop me from always referring to him as GSIII

Fair enough. Think GSIII has about as good of a chance sticking with Geno as The Centaur had with Larry Johnson. ;)

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 11:28 AM
I have a way of making nicknames stick...online and off =)

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 11:29 AM
well I know Mike used to coach there but I don't think he's a big fan of the Davis family...

It was funny before. No need to explain!

Chief_For_Life58
12-17-2012, 11:29 AM
:LOL:

dont flame it till u try it...its bomb...hashbrowns in your breakfast burrito...its fire dawg. fire

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 11:30 AM
dont flame it till u try it...its bomb...hashbrowns in your breakfast burrito...its fire dawg. fire

YUM

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.5021977199313867&pid=15.1

Strongside
12-17-2012, 11:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/X4dJ5.jpg
YUS.

Chief_For_Life58
12-17-2012, 11:37 AM
YUM

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.5021977199313867&pid=15.1

oh hellz chyea. start your day off the right way. not reading why we should hire turd shanagrab

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-17-2012, 11:38 AM
I would strongly prefer a defensive-minded head coach with connections to some excellent offensive minds.

At the moment I don't see any brilliant offensive-minded head coaches that strike my fancy. I wish we could trade down to acquire our offensive minded head coach! This is such a bad year for them!

This. All day, this.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 11:42 AM

Why?

That's all we've ever had (outside of Vermeil) in the last 20 years.

I'd really prefer to try something different.

SNR
12-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Why?

That's all we've ever had (outside of Vermeil) in the last 20 years.

I'd really prefer to try something different.

"With connections to some excellent offensive minds" is the key part of that sentence you're leaving out.

It's also the key part of the sentence that has remained largely untrue in the past 20 years.

Reaper16
12-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Kyle Shanahan is one of the few OCs in the NFL who understands where the game is going. He knows which college concepts work in the NFL. His performance as an OC this year is very impressive to me.

He deserves a shot somewhere as head coach. If I'm being honest with myself, about the only reason I wouldn't want him in KC is the Shanahan name. Kyle looks to have the agressiveness and fire of a Todd Haley, but with a better offensive mind.

htismaqe
"With connections to offensive minds" is the key part of that sentence you're leaving out.

It's also the key part of the sentence that has remained largely untrue in the past 20 years.

What's wrong with Paul Hackett?

EDIT: On a serious note, who are the defensive guys that have connections to offensive minds? It seems to me the brightest offensive minds are either head coaches already or working for a similarly-minded head coach. I don't really see many options out there that fit your profile.

unnecessary drama
I like a coach who doesn't lay down when they get a big lead.

Harbaugh did just that @ New England last night. It was like they were afraid to win that game. Crabtree made an amazing play that sealed up the game, but my God...

They had that game totally won...up 28...and then they just played to try and run the clock out and let New England almost steal that game from them (and it may have knocked them from the 1 seed if Seattle beat them next week, too)...

It's just stupid football.

I realize Harbaugh is considered a coaching God but I just don't understand why he did that yesterday.

I want a coach like Belichick that keeps his foot on the pedal no matter what. If New England gets up 31-3...they don't let the opposition tie them...they still throw the ball, they still mix up their plays...and they never play to try and run the clock out.

It's bad football.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-17-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't want another offense HC. Even with Geno.

SNR
12-17-2012, 11:45 AM

I'll see your Paul Hackett and raise you:

Jimmy Raye
Mike Solari
Chan Gailey (who wasn't so bad, just a good OC on a TERRIBLE team)
Brian Daboll

SNR
12-17-2012, 11:48 AM

EDIT: On a serious note, who are the defensive guys that have connections to offensive minds? It seems to me the brightest offensive minds are either head coaches already or working for a similarly-minded head coach. I don't really see many options out there that fit your profile.

Let's say Ken Whisenhunt gets fired and KC hires Ray Horton. There's your new OC.

Bowm. Done.

DJ's left nut
12-17-2012, 11:55 AM
I like a coach who doesn't lay down when they get a big lead.

Harbaugh did just that @ New England last night. It was like they were afraid to win that game. Crabtree made an amazing play that sealed up the game, but my God...

They had that game totally won...up 28...and then they just played to try and run the clock out and let New England almost steal that game from them (and it may have knocked them from the 1 seed if Seattle beat them next week, too)...

It's just stupid football.

I realize Harbaugh is considered a coaching God but I just don't understand why he did that yesterday.

I want a coach like Belichick that keeps his foot on the pedal no matter what. If New England gets up 31-3...they don't let the opposition tie them...they still throw the ball, they still mix up their plays...and they never play to try and run the clock out.

It's bad football.

That's not all on Harbaugh. He was still slinging for awhile there and Kaepernick stepped on his dick on 3 consecutive possessions. Once Harbaugh saw that Kaepernick was about to blow this thing for him, he tried to dial it way back, but NE already had the momentum.

Everyone loves Kaepernick right now, but he's going to lose them a playoff game this year. He bled off 14 points of that lead in about 5 minutes by just forcing balls into stupid spots and/or trying to fire a piss-rocket when it needed some air under it.

He's a talent, but he has a long way to go. Harbaugh saw him coming unglued and tried to take some of that weight off him before the whole thing came apart.

SNR
12-17-2012, 11:59 AM
That's not all on Harbaugh. He was still slinging for awhile there and Kaepernick stepped on his dick on 3 consecutive possessions. Once Harbaugh saw that Kaepernick was about to blow this thing for him, he tried to dial it way back, but NE already had the momentum.

Everyone loves Kaepernick right now, but he's going to lose them a playoff game this year. He bled off 14 points of that lead in about 5 minutes by just forcing balls into stupid spots and/or trying to fire a piss-rocket when it needed some air under it.

He's a talent, but he has a long way to go. Harbaugh saw him coming unglued and tried to take some of that weight off him before the whole thing came apart.

Agreed. And this goes back to the call to start Kaepernick in the first place. A team with Super Bowl aspirations shouldn't have gone to Kaepernick the way they did.

A transition had to be made, I get that. But use the offseason, for fuck's sake. Start fresh for both your QB and your team. Get everything you can out of each and every season. Alex Smith should have been finishing this one out.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Let's say Ken Whisenhunt gets fired and KC hires Ray Horton. There's your new OC.

Bowm. Done.

I don't see Whisenhunt taking a job like that, not working FOR Horton as a first-time HC. Especially if Cowher gets back into coaching.

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 12:02 PM
LMAO

I don't think Alex Smith goes into Foxboro and wins that game last night...

I'm sorry.

You can game plan for Alex Smith...there really is no game plan, at least yet, for Kaepernick.

I truly think anyone who thinks Harbaugh made a mistake benching Smith for Kaepernick is just flat wrong.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinions =)

Frankie
12-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Kyle Shanahan is one of the few OCs in the NFL who understands where the game is going. He knows which college concepts work in the NFL. His performance as an OC this year is very impressive to me.

What has changed this year for them?

DJ's left nut
12-17-2012, 12:06 PM
LMAO

I don't think Alex Smith goes into Foxboro and wins that game last night...

I'm sorry.

You can game plan for Alex Smith...there really is no game plan, at least yet, for Kaepernick.

I truly think anyone who thinks Harbaugh made a mistake benching Smith for Kaepernick is just flat wrong.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinions =)

Alex Smith was playing as well as anyone in football when he went down. He's a very good QB.

The Niners D absolutely savaged NE for the first half of that game. Would they have jumped out to a 31-3 lead with Smith at the helm? Probably not, but I don't think they'd have ever let NE back into the game with him there either.

That probably becomes a 24-10 victory for SF last night with Smith under center. You cannot overstate how much momentum Keapernick gave back to NE.

TEX
12-17-2012, 12:21 PM

Exactly...

Molitoth
12-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Alex Smith was playing as well as anyone in football when he went down. He's a very good QB.

Really? REALLY?

He's a game manager man. He has been dogshit the majority of his career. The whole city wanted him OUT until last year when Harbaugh kept him from playing dumb-ball. (See Matt Cassel in 2010).

Harbaugh knows what he has in Alex Smith and decides to play Colin instead... that right there should tell you something. This isn't Romeo Crennel making decisions, it's Harbaugh.

Get a clue, Alex Smith is a mediocre game manager QB who will never ever be in the same category as any Elite QB in this league.

Remember kids: Elite QB's win Superbowls.

Only ****ing slapd*ck morons want to actually TRADE for Alex Smith this offseason. May as well just trot Matt Cassel back on the field if you want Game management, and we don't even have the 49er's level of Defense to play that style of ball.

ChiefsandO'sfan
12-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Kent Babb‏@kentbabb

Meant to mention this last week but things got crazy: So during my interviews with Kyle Shanahan, he asked me about KC no fewer than 3 times

Kent Babb‏@kentbabb

How did I like it? What's the city like? What about the organization? I don't know that it means anything, and prob doesn't, but interesting

Kent Babb‏@kentbabb

That said, I don't see Kyle being a HC next year, and certainly not in KC. He'll have his first HC interviews, but he needs 1 more yr here

Chris Meck
12-17-2012, 01:58 PM
I still like Jay Gruden.

SNR
12-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Really? REALLY?

He's a game manager man. He has been dogshit the majority of his career. The whole city wanted him OUT until last year when Harbaugh kept him from playing dumb-ball. (See Matt Cassel in 2010).

Harbaugh knows what he has in Alex Smith and decides to play Colin instead... that right there should tell you something. This isn't Romeo Crennel making decisions, it's Harbaugh.

Get a clue, Alex Smith is a mediocre game manager QB who will never ever be in the same category as any Elite QB in this league.

Remember kids: Elite QB's win Superbowls.

Only ****ing slapd*ck morons want to actually TRADE for Alex Smith this offseason. May as well just trot Matt Cassel back on the field if you want Game management, and we don't even have the 49er's level of Defense to play that style of ball.

Umm... I don't think that's what he's saying.

You might want to calm down.

keg in kc
12-17-2012, 02:08 PM
I wonder if they plan to do what they did with Haley, but have it be a young coach as an understudy under a vet (like Gruden or Cowher), taking over after a couple of years.

(Hope not - it needs to be a young coach with vet coordinators).

mcaj22
12-17-2012, 02:16 PM

Bowm. Done.

i think the Whis goes back to Pittsburgh

mcaj22
12-17-2012, 02:19 PM
i hope to god we dont get Rat JR

they are running a Pistol/Run N Shoot gadget offense in Washington for RG3 and everyone knows it will take NFL teams a season to gameplan and adjust to changing trends, just like the wildcat. Nobody expects that stupid pistol formation right now where he can hand it off to Alfred Morris on some zone blocked hole or take it around the end and throw a quick pass. It will be figured out sooner than later. No thanks

SNR
12-17-2012, 02:19 PM
i think the Whis goes back to Pittsburgh

That's only if the rumors about Haley coaching again are true.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2012, 02:27 PM
That's only if the rumors about Haley coaching again are true.

The issue in Arizona isn't the head coach or the coaching staff. It's lack of offensive talent on the offensive line, QB and running back position. I'm not sure if there was a better HC in the league last year. How he got that team to 8-8 with that crappy display of QBing was mind bottling.

They'd be foolish to fire him but then again, we're talking about the Cardinals. They essentially fired Gene Stallings, too.

Reaper16
12-17-2012, 06:34 PM

Exactly...

Obviously, RGIII is a tremendous rookie. He has certain skills that previous Redskins QBs haven't had. So maybe Kyle couldn't open things up until this year.

But saying that RGIII is the reason Kyle's schemes look good is incredibly reductive. Watch a few Washington games from this season. RGIII is being put into a position to succeed because of Kyle's versatile, inventive schemes.

Frankie
12-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Obviously, RGIII is a tremendous rookie. He has certain skills that previous Redskins QBs haven't had. So maybe Kyle couldn't open things up until this year.

But saying that RGIII is the reason Kyle's schemes look good is incredibly reductive. Watch a few Washington games from this season. RGIII is being put into a position to succeed because of Kyle's versatile, inventive schemes.

Every time a HC or an OC can adapt a scheme to the talents of players it's a positive mark from me. So I'm not bashing Kyle Shanahan. But I don't think being given a star QB and suddenly your O looking good is enough for an OC to suddenly become a coveted HC material.

Chocolate Hog
12-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Kent Babb was on 610 yesterday and aid Kyle Shannahan isn't ready to become a head coach because he doesn't pay attention to details.

BigRedChief
12-18-2012, 08:05 PM

He deserves a shot somewhere as head coach. If I'm being honest with myself, about the only reason I wouldn't want him in KC is the Shanahan name. Kyle looks to have the agressiveness and fire of a Todd Haley, but with a better offensive mind.THIS!

How could I get past the Shanahan name?

notorious
12-18-2012, 08:10 PM
The bootleg/zone blocking scheme has almost always worked well. You don't need amazing O-Linemen, just linemen that can move and a QB that can throw on the run.

chiefzilla1501
12-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Kent Babb was on 610 yesterday and aid Kyle Shannahan isn't ready to become a head coach because he doesn't pay attention to details.

I wouldn't be surprised. I don't know why people obsess over who has the best scheme, when the best coaches are the ones who know how to lead a team even if they aren't the most brilliant X's and O's person. It doesn't matter if they're offense or defense.

tk13
12-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure about the whole Shanahan idea. He's certainly done some positive things as a coordinator this year... but I would not find it hard to believe the game might get too fast for him when he's running the whole show. He just turned 33 last week. It took getting RGIII for him to even become a candidate.

DeezNutz
12-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure about the whole Shanahan idea. He's certainly done some positive things as a coordinator this year... but I would not find it hard to believe the game might get too fast for him when he's running the whole show. He just turned 33 last week. It took getting RGIII for him to even become a candidate.

Co-signing on this. I'm sure as hell not willing to bet any amount of money on Jr. Rat at this point. More of a track record is much needed.