PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do You Believe Pioli Will Get Fired And The Chiefs Will Draft Geno Smith?

BossChief
12-17-2012, 02:06 PM
We all know that's what needs to be done, but WILL IT get done?

Discuss Thrower
12-17-2012, 02:07 PM
No.

mr. tegu
12-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Yes.

Flachief58
12-17-2012, 02:09 PM
yes

Jewish Rabbi
Those two events aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

Sweet Daddy Hate
You bet your sweet fucking ass I do.

Ace Gunner
12-17-2012, 02:10 PM
koolaid is good

FringeNC
12-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Pioli will be fired, and we will take a QB in round 1. Maybe Smith, maybe not.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 02:12 PM

This.

ChiefsandO'sfan
12-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Pioli is gone but i don't know on Smith.

KC Tattoo
I voted yes, but it is going take fans getting behind and support SOC for the cause.

bevischief
We can only hope.

-King-
12-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Why so specific on Smith? Pioli is gone for sure. I don't know if we'll draft Smith though.

unnecessary drama
12-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Smith is going #1 overall. I am going to look for a prop where I can bet that ASAP

durtyrute
12-17-2012, 02:19 PM
The Chiefs aren't drafting Geno....sorry.

patteeu
12-17-2012, 02:21 PM

This. I voted no, because I think it's a tossup as to whether it will be Smith or not.

BoneKrusher
12-17-2012, 02:23 PM
i hope so.

BossChief
12-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Smith is going #1 overall. I am going to look for a prop where I can bet that ASAP

Let me know if you find one.

SNR
12-17-2012, 02:27 PM
99% chance Pioli gets fired

I'd give Geno's odds better than 50% that he's drafted at 1 overall. To us.

That's better than any other player in the draft right now, IMO. I'll take those odds and say yes.

Ace Gunner
12-17-2012, 02:27 PM

I'm not so sure of this. I am sure Pioli will be GM going into 2013. Romeo might retire, but I would not be surprised if he too is here next season.

DeezNutz
12-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Marty's latest post made me a believer, 100 percent, that Pioli will be fired, and I'm very confident that Smith will be drafted #1 overall.

Odds are in our favor.

DumbHillbillies
12-17-2012, 02:29 PM
I believe 1 of those options will happen but not both. It's just too perfect of a scenario too happen. God doesn't love me enough to let both happen

Otter
12-17-2012, 02:32 PM
What exactly is convincing the ones who voted "yes"? It sure as shit isn't based on logic or history.

SNR
12-17-2012, 02:35 PM
What exactly is convincing the ones who voted "yes"? It sure as shit isn't based on logic or history.

Marty's.

Post.

In.

The.

SOC.

Thread.

DeezNutz
12-17-2012, 02:35 PM

Don't agree at all.

QBs tend to go #1 overall, and Smith has distinguished himself as the #1 QB prospect in the draft, a player worthy of the selection and slot. History and logical analysis of Smith's body of work tell us all of this.

Pioli's record and knack of alienating the fan base demand his removal, and I'd say this is all but done at this time.

Flachief58
12-17-2012, 02:36 PM

Because everyone with even 1 living braincell knows what has to be done. Clark is no exception

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 02:37 PM
99% chance Pioli gets fired

I'd give Geno's odds better than 50% that he's drafted at 1 overall. To us.

That's better than any other player in the draft right now, IMO. I'll take those odds and say yes.

This.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Don't agree at all.

QBs tend to go #1 overall, and Smith has distinguished himself as the #1 QB prospect in the draft, a player worthy of the selection and slot. History and logical analysis of Smith's body of work tell us all of this.

Pioli's record and knack of alienating the fan base demand his removal, and I'd say this is all but done at this time.

This.

Steron
12-17-2012, 02:39 PM
I want to believe. I really do. But I voted no. I think they will fuck it up like usual.

Otter
12-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Don't agree at all.

That's called "hope". I hope I win the power ball but history and statistics seem to have a different path in mind.

Dayze
12-17-2012, 02:40 PM
yes pioli
no Geno

we're too fucking stupid to draft a QB.

WildTurkey
12-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Don't agree at all.

Sure as shit looks like facts and history to me.

DeezNutz
That's called "hope". I hope I win the power ball but history and statistics seem to have a different path in mind.

We have numbers to evaluate Smith. The posters who like him most have even seen him play.

Statistical evidence in the last 12 years strongly suggests that a talented QB goes #1 overall.

History and the numbers are completely on my side.

Molitoth
The chiefs usually do what I don't want them to do.

Sadly, I seeing them keeping pioli and drafting some turd like Barkley.

Otter
we're too ****ing stupid to draft a QB.

This I can understand.

Otter
12-17-2012, 02:48 PM
We have numbers to evaluate Smith. The posters who like him most have even seen him play.

Statistical evidence in the last 12 years strongly suggests that a talented QB goes #1 overall.

History and the numbers are completely on my side.

Have you applied that data to the Chiefs?

HemiEd
12-17-2012, 02:49 PM

Yep

suds79
12-17-2012, 02:51 PM
I think the odds of both things happening exactly how I'd like it are unlikely.

But it's not that far off. I'm 95% convinced Scott is gone.

That just leaves one thing left.

I'm putting it at 40% right now.... I don't know how I got that #.

WayneBowe
12-17-2012, 02:53 PM
If these things dont happen, Arrowhead will be taken over by the "sunday stroll" fans who dont know **** about football, and still cheer on THIRRRRRRRRRD DOWWWWWNNN while the Broncos lay 40 on us.

And by "taken over" I mean 800 seats will be occupied.

DeezNutz
12-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Have you applied that data to the Chiefs?

While I agree that this organization has a long history of stupidity, I don't want to be that pessimistic about what a new, presumably competent GM will do.

Dayze
12-17-2012, 02:56 PM
If these things dont happen, Arrowhead will be taken over by the "sunday stroll" fans who dont know **** about football, and still cheer on THIRRRRRRRRRD DOWWWWWNNN while the Broncos lay 40 on us.

And by "taken over" I mean 800 seats will be occupied.

LMAO....that ain't no shit right there.

Brainiac
12-17-2012, 03:00 PM
yes pioli
no Geno

we're too ****ing stupid to draft a QB.
So what you're saying is that you have NO IDEA who the general manager will be or what his track record is, but you JUST KNOW "the Chiefs" will still be too ****ing stupid to draft a QB.

Do you blame Ryan Succop for the field goal Jan Stenerud missed in the 1971 playoff game against the Dolphins?

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 03:21 PM

Different era, different owner.

Clark barely has a "history".

And statistics have ZERO bearing on this.

DaWolf
12-17-2012, 03:29 PM
All comes down to who is hired. You could hire someone who doesn't think Geno fits the style of offense they want to run here (IE they want a pure under-the-center passer who can run a west coast scheme and might think some other QB in the 2nd or 3rd round fits better, or might try to trade down and get one).

Or, they could hire someone who has ties to the Redskins or Niners who tries to trade for Cousins/Smith. You never know. If the Chiefs had not hired Pioli, we may be talking about who replaces Mark Sanchez this offseason.

I do believe Pioli gets hired. As for Geno, let's see where his stock is at after the bowl game and the pre-draft workouts...

mr. tegu
12-17-2012, 03:30 PM
All comes down to who is hired. You could hire someone who doesn't think Geno fits the style of offense they want to run here (IE they want a pure under-the-center passer who can run a west coast scheme and might think some other QB in the 2nd or 3rd round fits better, or might try to trade down and get one).

Or, they could hire someone who has ties to the Redskins or Niners who tries to trade for Cousins/Smith. You never know. If the Chiefs had not hired Pioli, we may be talking about who replaces Mark Sanchez this offseason.

I do believe Pioli gets hired. As for Geno, let's see where his stock is at after the bowl game and the pre-draft workouts...

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

dirk digler
12-17-2012, 03:32 PM
I will believe it when I see it

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Pioli is gone. It will be either Smith or Barkley for the quarterback depending on scheme.

Chief Roundup
12-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Definately think Pioli is fired. But don't know which QB it will be. There is still time for things to change as far as the draft goes.

DaWolf
12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lmao. My bad. :)

-King-
12-17-2012, 06:02 PM

What logic or history is making you say no?

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-17-2012, 06:12 PM

:# Then the midgets....

keg in kc
12-17-2012, 06:15 PM
I think it will be one or the other, at the best, but not both.

Count Zarth
12-17-2012, 06:23 PM
It is the year of GoChiefs.

My will be done.

Count Zarth
12-17-2012, 06:26 PM
It's gonna be hard for any incoming GM who wants a QB to ignore Smith.

Just on pure arm talent, he blows everyone else away.

I mean LOOK AT THIS.

http://i.imgur.com/AAh8K.gif

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-17-2012, 06:26 PM
GoChiefs swings the biggest, most Jehovaist penis of CP2012

ILChief
12-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Pioli is fired. We draft Luke Joekel in round one. Trade for Alex Smith. CP has meltdown of epic proportions.

I hope I am wrong and we draft Geno.

theelusiveeightrop
12-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Both events? No.

lcarus
12-17-2012, 06:42 PM
That's a loaded question. I hope Pioli gets fired. I hope his replacement drafts Geno. But honestly at this point...I have no fuckin clue what is going through Clark Hunt's mind.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Pioli is fired. We draft Luke Joekel in round one. Trade for Alex Smith. CP has meltdown of epic proportions.

I hope I am wrong and we draft Geno.

Whilst Pioli has nighttime fantasies of Chocolate Penii :LOL:

cabletech94
12-17-2012, 06:45 PM
just got in. been a super sucky, ball-licking day. it's been reported here i'm sure, but i heard that lacaliforniastein said that bill polian would be a front runner for our (potential) gm job.

if that happens, sure as shit he drafts a qb @ 1. geno? can't say for sure. pipe dream. i think so.
i'd just like to see this team flourish, instead of making me fall asleep (3 times in 1 game).

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Pioli fired? Can't see how he can NOT be.

Draft Geno? Who the fuck knows.

rico
12-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Oh no....Dayze voted "no." That dude has been right on the money with all of these polls since the "what record will the Chiefs finish with this season" poll came out prior to the regular season.

BigRedChief
12-17-2012, 07:16 PM
We all know that's what needs to be done, but WILL IT get done?Poll fail.

Wheres the option that Pioli gets canned and drafts another QB.

BossChief
12-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Poll fail.

Wheres the option that Pioli gets canned and drafts another QB.

Probably in a poll on another site.

Ya see, we are Geno Smith guys here, bud.

Noss
12-17-2012, 07:30 PM
We all know that's what needs to be done, but WILL IT get done?

I have no idea if it will be done but hell yes it needs to be done. :thumb:

DaWolf
12-18-2012, 11:17 AM
Uh oh...

“Clark feels indebted to Scott Pioli. What they found when they were taking over the day-to-day [operations of the Chiefs] was not very pretty. There were some very ragged business practices…bordering on illegal.”
Kevin Harlan, 810 AM

“I don’t know enough of the specifics to comment. It probably isn’t my place. The people who cover this team know, and certainly people in the [Chiefs] organization. I just know when they brought in Pioli it was a charge given to clean things up. I think you can deduce from that what you want to.”
Kevin Harlan, 810 AM

“My impression is that inside [the Chiefs organization], the business side is far more efficient. They have streamlined it. So from that standpoint, they feel like they have made tremendous strides.”
Kevin Harlan, when asked why Clark Hunt would even consider retaining Scott Pioli, 810 AM

http://www.greghallkc.com/?p=3423

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Uh oh...

http://www.greghallkc.com/?p=3423

I listened to the entire interview.

Those 3 comments make up about 30 seconds of a good 5-6 minutes he talked about Pioli.

Despite those quotes, he hinted several times that he felt Pioli would be gone and you could tell in his voice that he felt Pioli was going to be fired.

Count Zarth
12-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Don't care. Bunch of BS.

Chiefnj2
12-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Do people still want Geno if Pioli is retained?

mr. tegu
12-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Do people still want Geno if Pioli is retained?

If given the choice Pioli stays and Geno comes or Pioli is gone and Alex Smith comes? I will take the former.

htismaqe
Don't care. Bunch of BS.

You have to understand the context of the conversation.

Kevin Harlan NEVER says anything about anybody. He's the CBS/NFL version of Mitch Holthus.

I hear him every week and I've heard him talk specifically about Pioli many many times over the past few weeks.

Today was very different. Greg Hall cherry picked quotes - seems to me Hall is trying to stir the shit instead of inform people - that make it seem Harlan thinks Pioli is staying. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Count Zarth
Hell, for all we know Pioli claiming he "cleaned up the business" was part of the wool he pulled over Clark's eyes.

Remember: "Pioli is a different guy when Clark is around."

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 11:29 AM
If given the choice Pioli stays and Geno comes or Pioli is gone and Alex Smith comes? I will take the former.

Yep. This.

Count Zarth
12-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Holy shit. LMAO

“What’s so interesting about this team is that they have this undying respect for this coach – which is so strange for a team with such a horrible record and performance. [Clark Hunt] has a real problem on his hands. The players love this coach.”

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Holy shit. LMAO
I'd love my boss too if I wasn't held accountable for anything.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Holy shit. LMAO

They loved Herm too. It's not a big surprise.

It's also why Clark isn't doing anything now.

At the end of the season, Romeo will "retire" and the players will move on knowing that Romeo got to leave on his own terms...

Munson
12-18-2012, 11:36 AM
I will believe it when I see it

This.

I'm hopefully optimistic that Pioli will be canned. But I wouldn't be shocked if Chunt kept him around.

O.city
12-18-2012, 11:48 AM
If the players are stupid enough to think that they can play the way they've played and the coach will stay, it doesn't matter if they stay or not.

gold_and_red
12-18-2012, 11:49 AM
If Pioli is retained he will draft QB. But given his personnel move history, talent evaluation skills and that no competent coach wants to work here, that QB is f*****. This is why Clark is in a difficult situation. He might be forced to make a change even though he preaches stability.

DaWolf
12-18-2012, 01:27 PM
I listened to the entire interview.

Those 3 comments make up about 30 seconds of a good 5-6 minutes he talked about Pioli.

Despite those quotes, he hinted several times that he felt Pioli would be gone and you could tell in his voice that he felt Pioli was going to be fired.

Yeah, his other comments seemed centered around how poorly built this team was and how poorly they have performed. He ripped Baldwin. His way of saying that Pioli and Crennel have done crappy jobs...

quailchaser
12-18-2012, 01:45 PM
No way Pioli is retained after this years disaster, and if he is, im done with this team until he is. Pioli is gone and we do draft a qb.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 02:25 PM
No way Pioli is retained after this years disaster, and if he is, im done with this team until he is. Pioli is gone and we do draft a qb.

If Pioli is back, the problem is the OWNER.

So I don't know why you'd bother waiting for Pioli to leave. Might as well find a new team because Clark isn't going anywhere.

Dayze
12-18-2012, 02:26 PM
If Pioli is back, no....I don't think he'll draft a QB

new GM, Coach etc; I'd give it about a 75% chance of drafting one.

AussieChiefsFan
12-19-2012, 12:12 AM
IMO Pioli being fired pretty much locks up Geno as our 2013 QB

kcfanXIII
12-19-2012, 12:30 AM
i believe that if these two things don't happen, i'll find another team to root for. the royals have given me enough bad management to last 3 life times, and i'm only 32.

chiefzilla1501
12-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Yes, but I also still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Guru
12-19-2012, 06:15 AM
Yes, but I also still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

One ate the other.

Chiefshrink
12-19-2012, 06:29 AM
If Pioli remains(I don't see how but then ego has often trumped common sense over the ages of time and that means Clark is admitting he f'd up hiring Pioli) and we have the 1st pick, you can bet Pioli will have every needy QB team aside from us offering a 'plethora' of picks to get Geno assuming they have enough. And this will be extremely tempting for Pioli as we all know. But IF Pioli is retained it will only be because Pioli has been told by Clark, draft Geno or you are gone.

After witnessing the recent rookie QB success in the NFL especially Cam's and RG's rookie year how can Geno NOT be the No.1 pick ? He even has a stronger and more accurate arm than both of these guys and the athletic skills to boot. Maybe not quite as athletic but way far enough to be a successful scrambler if need be. The key will be to bring in someone who really knows how to develop a QB. Geno could be the next Big Ben with more athleticism and Bruce Arians whether OC or HC would know how to develop him just like he did with big Ben.

htismaqe
12-19-2012, 06:53 AM
If Pioli remains(I don't see how but then ego has often trumped common sense over the ages of time and that means Clark is admitting he f'd up hiring Pioli) and we have the 1st pick, you can bet Pioli will have every needy QB team aside from us offering a 'plethora' of picks to get Geno assuming they have enough. And this will be extremely tempting for Pioli as we all know. But IF Pioli is retained it will only be because Pioli has been told by Clark, draft Geno or you are gone.

After witnessing the recent rookie QB success in the NFL especially Cam's and RG's rookie year how can Geno NOT be the No.1 pick ? He even has a stronger and more accurate arm than both of these guys and the athletic skills to boot. Maybe not quite as athletic but way far enough to be a successful scrambler if need be. The key will be to bring in someone who really knows how to develop a QB. Geno could be the next Big Ben with more athleticism and Bruce Arians whether OC or HC would know how to develop him just like he did with big Ben.

Clark doesn't care about Clark's pride, Clark cares about the Benjamins.

He'll have no problem admitting he made a mistake on Pioli when he sees what firing him does to ticket sales.

DaKCMan AP
12-19-2012, 06:57 AM
In the words of Lenny Kravitz: "If you want it you got to believe."

Rausch
12-19-2012, 07:02 AM
In the words of Lenny Kravits: "If you want it you got to believe."

In the words of Rausch: He ain't throwing himself out the fucking door...

ndws
12-19-2012, 08:08 AM
http://media.kickstatic.com/kickapps/images/118586/photos/PHOTO_18306286_118586_13538094_ap_320X240.jpg

Fingers crossed.

Rausch
12-19-2012, 08:08 AM
http://media.kickstatic.com/kickapps/images/118586/photos/PHOTO_18306286_118586_13538094_ap_320X240.jpg

Fingers crossed.

Saved.

This may go on my hypothetical Christmas cards.

ndws
12-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Saved.

This may go on my hypothetical Christmas cards.

Its a slow day at work, figure making that would make me look busy.

A buddy at work suggested printing it and handing them out at the stadium. That would be funny.

Predarat
12-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Doubt the dumbass cHunt fires polly.

htismaqe
12-19-2012, 08:20 AM

Keep fucking doubting Clark Hunt!

DaKCMan AP
12-19-2012, 08:29 AM

Not sure who this cHunt is or what polly did to deserve to be fired.

:shrug:

htismaqe
12-19-2012, 08:30 AM
I wonder how many of the "no" votes are because the person doesn't think we'll draft Geno.

I'd like to know how many people think Pioli is NOT getting fired.

Chiefnj2
12-19-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm not certain Pioli is getting fired.

Graystoke
12-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Looking at all the mock drafts, I am very skeptical.
I hope we do, but this is the Chiefs

Predarat
12-19-2012, 08:45 AM
I wonder how many of the "no" votes are because the person doesn't think we'll draft Geno.

I'm one of those who voted no beacuse I doubt cHunt will fire the idiot GM. He needs to go, so I hope I am wrong.

Count Zarth
12-19-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm not certain Pioli is getting fired.

Better start you a facebook page and a twitter feed.

See how it goes.

Rausch
12-19-2012, 08:46 AM

I DON'T THINK HE'S GETTING FIRED.

Save some dramatic fan revolt he's back...

htismaqe
12-19-2012, 08:52 AM

Save some dramatic fan revolt he's back...

Go post in my poll thread. I wanna know why people think he's coming back, other than irrational fear from being a downtrodden Chiefs fan.

Count Zarth
12-19-2012, 08:54 AM

Wouldn't be the first time you were wrong...

Saccopoo
12-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Why so specific on Smith? Pioli is gone for sure. I don't know if we'll draft Smith though.

Because he's a fucking rock star.

Have you watched this fucking guy play football?

The only way he doesn't go #1 is that the NFL powers that be/brain trusts pull an epic level stupid and repeat the Aaron Rogers bullshit all over again.

If the Chiefs pass on Geno Smith, I'm fucking done.

Mr. Laz
12-19-2012, 10:21 AM
only way Geno Smith isn't drafted by us is if we sign/trade for a big name guy prior to the draft.

even then we might do both, sign a guy and draft smith.

Count Zarth
12-19-2012, 10:22 AM
YOU'RE SO SMART LAZ

Rausch
12-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Wouldn't be the first time you were wrong...

YOU'RE going to say this to me?...

Dayze
12-19-2012, 11:01 AM
we'll sign the OT, and somehow end up with Flynn or A. Smith

....because we're retarded.

Saccopoo
12-19-2012, 11:33 AM
we'll sign the OT, and somehow end up with Flynn or A. Smith

....because we're retarded.

Alex Smith would be a godsend after four years of Cassel.

That being said...

FUCK NO!

GIVE ME GENO OR GIVE ME DEATH!

quailchaser
12-19-2012, 11:33 AM
If Pioli is back, the problem is the OWNER.

So I don't know why you'd bother waiting for Pioli to leave. Might as well find a new team because Clark isn't going anywhere.

Point taken, Hunt has to get it right at some point just from blind luck, right?

Rausch
12-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Point taken, Hunt has to get it right at some point just from blind luck, right?

No.

htismaqe
12-19-2012, 12:20 PM

Doubtful.

notorious
12-19-2012, 12:30 PM
I expect the worst case scenario since that is all that Clark has produced since taking over.

htismaqe
12-19-2012, 12:36 PM
I expect the worst case scenario since that is all that Clark has produced since taking over.

What?

ROFL

BossChief
12-19-2012, 01:24 PM
By the time the draft rolls around, Smith will be the unquestioned #1 and Tyler Wilson will be the second pick.

Both guys should fly up boards after senior bowl week and interviews/workouts.

htismaqe
12-19-2012, 01:31 PM
By the time the draft rolls around, Smith will be the unquestioned #1 and Tyler Wilson will be the second pick.

Both guys should fly up boards after senior bowl week and interviews/workouts.

Smith is already at the top of a lot of draft boards.

Scott Wright has him #1. Dan Shonka/Ourlads has him #1. GBN has him #1. Matt Miller has him #1.

BossChief
12-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Smith is already at the top of a lot of draft boards.

Scott Wright has him #1. Dan Shonka/Ourlads has him #1. GBN has him #1. Matt Miller has him #1.

I think after he knocks the interviews out of the park, he will be the consensus.

A few years from now it's gonna be fun to read through some of the threads on this qb class and how all the dumbass draftniks think it's a weak qb class when a handful of us have called it a very strong class for months.