PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else get screwed by the Gore non TD?

KCFaninSEA
12-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Last night Frank Gore picks up a fumble and runs it in for a TD. Everyone in my league says I should get credit for that but the commish didn't check the box to allow. I lose by 1 point and am in a game for third or fourth instead of the championship game. What do you think?

FD
12-17-2012, 10:08 PM
I think it should count. This is coming from someone playing against Gore in the playoffs this week. Hopefully it wont be decisive like it was in your game. I'm up 11 currently playing against Chris Johnson on MNF.

Johnny Vegas
12-17-2012, 10:09 PM
the scoring corrections won't happen until Saturday officially. It could change then. Same thing happened to me with a Roethlisberger TD score. It wasn't changed until Saturday and I ended up winning that match up.

lostcause
12-17-2012, 11:21 PM
In a league I am commish of, it came down to the scoring of that play as well. However, the rules specifically state (in our league) 6 points for rushing/receiving touch downs. The spirit of the rule would be to give the Gore owner 6 points, but the letter of the law doesn't score it. So I did not award the Gore owner the points.

Cave Johnson
12-17-2012, 11:29 PM
I think it should count. This is coming from someone playing against Gore in the playoffs this week. Hopefully it wont be decisive like it was in your game. I'm up 11 currently playing against Chris Johnson on MNF.

That busted early.

Sofa King
12-17-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm pretty sure this guy is a flopnuts mult.

Prison Bitch
12-17-2012, 11:47 PM
That busted early.

If you took out that one 94-yard TD run, he only had 30 yards rushing.

Der Flöprer
12-18-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm pretty sure this guy is a flopnuts mult.

ROFL

KCFaninSEA
12-18-2012, 07:52 AM
In a league I am commish of, it came down to the scoring of that play as well. However, the rules specifically state (in our league) 6 points for rushing/receiving touch downs. The spirit of the rule would be to give the Gore owner 6 points, but the letter of the law doesn't score it. So I did not award the Gore owner the points.

Same deal in our league. Problem was that was never the intent of our scoring system and the commish never added anything other than a rush/ receive TD.

Der Flöprer
12-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Last night Frank Gore picks up a fumble and runs it in for a TD. Everyone in my league says I should get credit for that but the commish didn't check the box to allow. I lose by 1 point and am in a game for third or fourth instead of the championship game. What do you think?

I think that until ESPN does scoring corrections I am in the exact predicament you are. All the way down to lost by 1, will be playing for 3rd/4th instead of the championship game, and am from Seattle, WA. :eek:

KCFaninSEA
12-18-2012, 08:30 AM
I think that until ESPN does scoring corrections I am in the exact predicament you are. All the way down to lost by 1, will be playing for 3rd/4th instead of the championship game, and am from Seattle, WA. :eek:

Probably not going to happen. It is an NFL scoring play that is specific. A rush TD must be handed off or lateraled. This is a fumble recovery for a TD not a rush TD.

Der Flöprer
12-18-2012, 08:39 AM
There's no money involved in the CP league, so I don't really care. Had I not fucked with my lineup, I would've won, so it's really on me. I don't know how I would feel about it if they were to do that honestly.

verbaljitsu
12-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Action scoring solves this problem.

FD
12-18-2012, 09:09 AM
That busted early.

I posted this after his big run. CJ only had about 10 yards in the second half, so I am safe from score corrections and headed to the championship.

Nzoner
12-18-2012, 09:36 AM
There's no money involved in the CP league, so I don't really care. Had I not ****ed with my lineup, I would've won, so it's really on me. I don't know how I would feel about it if they were to do that honestly.

Happened to me in round 1 although Brandon Lloyd was on my bench,had he been in my starting line-up the decision to not give the td would've cost me the game.

Personally,our cash leagues are set-up that a td is a td and 6 points is awarded on each i.e. if Randall Cobb is on ST and returns a kick for a td and you have him as a starting wr he gets 6 points as does the GB Def/ST

unnecessary drama
12-18-2012, 09:41 AM
should be worth 6 points

any commish that didn't set that up...wow

that sucks

Old Dog
12-18-2012, 10:10 AM
How do you figure? There was not a rushing attempt, therefore it wasn't a rushing TD. It was a fumble recovery.

unnecessary drama
12-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Even ESPN standard leagues grant 6 points to any player who returns a fumble for a TD...

Happens a lot...one time Robert Meachem stripped someone who intercepted brees and he ran it back for a TD...

Every standard league on ESPN and Yahoo is defaulted that way

unnecessary drama
12-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Most of the time fumbles for tds are made by defenders and unless you're playing IDP it only counts for defense.

But yeah, go read the standard rules on ESPN...it's filed under miscellaneous points

Old Dog
12-18-2012, 10:28 AM
On that point you're correct. IF a league is set up to award points for fumble recovery touchdowns on offense (most are not though the standard leagues are) Gore would get the points. Most people claiming he should get it are saying he should get the points as a rushing TD.

Old Dog
12-18-2012, 10:35 AM
that should have said most custom leagues aren't set up to award fumble recovery TDs on offense

unnecessary drama
12-18-2012, 01:43 PM
that's a pretty broad statement

I know all standard leagues award fumble recoveries as TD's to any player who scores them, offense or defense.

and every custom league I've ever been in does the same, whether I'm setting it up or someone else

I don't understand why, if you start Frank Gore, and he scores a TD whether it is rushing, receiving, recovering a fumble, blocking a punt or returning a kick...why he shouldn't get those 6 points?

That truly would make no sense.

Dicky McElephant
12-18-2012, 03:27 PM
A TD is a TD. You should be getting the 6 points.

Der Flöprer
12-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Happened to me in round 1 although Brandon Lloyd was on my bench,had he been in my starting line-up the decision to not give the td would've cost me the game.

Personally,our cash leagues are set-up that a td is a td and 6 points is awarded on each i.e. if Randall Cobb is on ST and returns a kick for a td and you have him as a starting wr he gets 6 points as does the GB Def/ST

Well, I know in the CP league we don't get points for ST TD's. I had T.Y Hilton in a game and he returned a punt for a TD and I didn't get shit for it. I was mildly irritated. If my RB gets receiving yards, I get credit for that. A TD is a TD is a TD is a TD. It should be 6 points.

Der Flöprer
12-18-2012, 03:29 PM
A TD is a TD. You should be getting the 6 points.

Yeah, well Sofa is the commish. You know that doucher isn't going to do shit about it. :fire:

carlos3652
12-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Money league... Gore counted against me - ended up losing 97-92 - now playing for 3/4 in a money league where winner takes $500...

Ridley... on the 1 yd line - and not getting on on that 3rd down screwed me... and the fact that he scored 0 pts for the whole game.

KCFaninSEA
12-18-2012, 06:21 PM
This rule that it is not a "rush" TD but a fumble recovery could end up costing me about $750. Again, the intent of our league was that a TD is a TD is a TD except that a kick returner doesn't get points only a defense/special team gets points on a return. But, in this case there were no points given on the Gore TD. That is what is messed up.

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah, well Sofa is the commish. You know that doucher isn't going to do shit about it. :fire:

Hey may not.

But I will.

Der Flöprer
12-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Hey may not.

But I will.

BOOM!

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2012, 08:28 PM
BOOM!

I'll wait to see if there's a scoring change on Thursday, but IMO, you should have been awarded those points.

Nzoner
12-19-2012, 08:52 AM
I'll wait to see if there's a scoring change on Thursday, but IMO, you should have been awarded those points.

Damn I should've started Lloyd :banghead:

Prison Bitch
12-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Not giving Gore a rushing TD is about the dumbest logic imaginable. He scored a TD after running the ball in. That's a rushing TD. This isn't hard. Anyone trying to wrangle out under "letter of the law" is a complete and total loser who I wouldn't play fantasy football with any longer. After I punched them out.

If Hali picks up a fumble and runs it in, he's credited with a def player TD no? So how is this different?

Old Dog
12-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Not giving Gore a rushing TD is about the dumbest logic imaginable. He scored a TD after running the ball in. That's a rushing TD. This isn't hard. Anyone trying to wrangle out under "letter of the law" is a complete and total loser who I wouldn't play fantasy football with any longer. After I punched them out.

If Hali picks up a fumble and runs it in, he's credited with a def player TD no? So how is this different?

In the second part of your post (where you're correct), you dispute the first part. It wasn't a rushing TD, it was a fumble recovered for a TD. If a league is set up to reward offensive fumble recoveries you get it, if it isn't you don't....should be fairly simple to see.

FWIW, I do have Gore in one league that doesn't reward fumble recoveries and lost......there's no reason to bitch about it though. Scoring settings were set before the season began.

RUSH
12-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Does anyone know if Gore was given credit for the rushing yards on this play? I'm down .34 and praying for a stat correction.

unnecessary drama
12-19-2012, 10:22 AM
no it wasn't a rush

but I don't see why he shouldn't get his 6 points in every single league

unnecessary drama
12-19-2012, 10:23 AM
FWIW, I do have Gore in one league that doesn't reward fumble recoveries and lost......there's no reason to bitch about it though. Scoring settings were set before the season began.

did you lose by less than 6 points?

Old Dog
12-19-2012, 10:39 AM
did you lose by less than 6 points?

yep (4.2 to be exact)

Nzoner
12-19-2012, 10:48 AM
no it wasn't a rush

but I don't see why he shouldn't get his 6 points in every single league

Exactly,a td is a td and our leagues have it worded in the scoring that ALL td's are worth 6 pts.

Nzoner
12-19-2012, 10:51 AM
I remember a few years ago when a team faked a FG kick and the kicker ran it in for a td.He was credited with 6 pts. at least in our leagues.

Sofa King
12-19-2012, 11:08 AM
LMAO

Changing the rules going into the championship game. Damn you flopnuts and your mod abuse!

Sofa King
12-19-2012, 11:10 AM
In the second part of your post (where you're correct), you dispute the first part. It wasn't a rushing TD, it was a fumble recovered for a TD. If a league is set up to reward offensive fumble recoveries you get it, if it isn't you don't....should be fairly simple to see.

And here you have it.

unnecessary drama
12-19-2012, 11:17 AM
I guess in the CP league it would be unfair to change the rules...miscellaneous wasn't set up at all...you don't even lose points for a fumble loss...don't get points for a return TD, either.

Weird rules, but it is what it is. I agree with Sofa King, even though I can't believe the miscellaneous scoring wasn't set up

Old Dog
12-19-2012, 11:30 AM
I remember a few years ago when a team faked a FG kick and the kicker ran it in for a td.He was credited with 6 pts. at least in our leagues.

So what you're saying here is essentially that a kicker had a rushing attempt. He would have gotten the rushing yards for that as well. You're comparing apples to airplanes.

In the first one you mentioned it's also cut and dried, and should count if your league says ALL TDs. What many here are saying though is that it should count as a RUSHING TD and that's simply not the case.

I'm going to make an assumption here that most of the leagues we're talking of are using ESPN (I haven't used Yahoo or CBS for some time so I can't speak to those). As Hootie pointed out earlier there ARE scoring settings that do allow for fumble TDs. If a league is set up to allow those the points would be awarded.
What many of you are advocating is changing scoring settings that were set prior to the season.

Old Dog
12-19-2012, 11:32 AM
I guess in the CP league it would be unfair to change the rules...miscellaneous wasn't set up at all...you don't even lose points for a fumble loss...don't get points for a return TD, either.

Weird rules, but it is what it is. I agree with Sofa King, even though I can't believe the miscellaneous scoring wasn't set up

Bingo

Prison Bitch
12-19-2012, 02:49 PM
So what you're saying here is essentially that a kicker had a rushing attempt. He would have gotten the rushing yards for that as well. You're comparing apples to airplanes.

In the first one you mentioned it's also cut and dried, and should count if your league says ALL TDs. What many here are saying though is that it should count as a RUSHING TD and that's simply not the case..

This whole matter is silly. Gore scored a TD. It doesn't matter one iota if it was on a fumbled exhange or on a good exchange - HE. SCORED. A. TOUCH. DOWN. If Charles fumbles and Bowe picks it up and runs it in for TD would that not count also?

Now, if we are talking about rushing yards.....I can see both sides. If somebody wants to quibble about "the letter of the law" (Only dweebs use such copouts like this phrase), it's possible Gore didn't officially RUSH the ball in. And hence loses out on the 5 yards or whatever in rushing. That makes some sense although I'd still give it to him. But the TD? Not even debateable in my book.

Old Dog
12-19-2012, 02:56 PM
So you can see no rushing yards, yet the RUSHING TD isn't debatable?
Prison Bitch reminds me of a twist I often put on an old saying just for situations such as this:

You can lead a horse to water but sometimes you're better off just shooting the damned thing.

or as Ron White says; You can't fix stupid

Prison Bitch
12-19-2012, 03:08 PM
or as Ron White says; You can't fix stupid

I agree, so it was pretty pointless of me trying to convince you of your error.

Sofa King
12-19-2012, 03:31 PM
There's no money involved in the CP league, so I don't really care. Had I not ****ed with my lineup, I would've won, so it's really on me. I don't know how I would feel about it if they were to do that honestly.

How would you have changed your lineup? What did you have?

I took out turner last minute and put in Gordon, so that move cost me nearly 10 pts.

In the first one you mentioned it's also cut and dried, and should count if your league says ALL TDs. What many here are saying though is that it should count as a RUSHING TD and that's simply not the case.

I'm going to make an assumption here that most of the leagues we're talking of are using ESPN (I haven't used Yahoo or CBS for some time so I can't speak to those). As Hootie pointed out earlier there ARE scoring settings that do allow for fumble TDs. If a league is set up to allow those the points would be awarded.
What many of you are advocating is changing scoring settings that were set prior to the season.

This. Changing them going into the Championship game nonetheless.

Doesn't matter much i guess. I'm sure they'll be an asterisk next to this season now anyways. Although if it's decided to change the stats for this game, i hope we go back and change every outcome from every matchup from this season. All sacks should take points away, etc.. since that's how other leagues do it and all.

OnTheWarpath58
12-19-2012, 04:37 PM

It wasn't set up because I didn't realize ESPN would be so stupid as to not award a TD to the player who scored it.

Negative scoring for fumbles lost and INT's were part of the scoring this year, and we set up to be part of the scoring this year - but since people missed the draft time, we reset the draft, and when that happened, everything reverted to standard scoring. I never would have thought that the custom settings would have changed just due to resetting the draft time.

FWIW, I can't think of one other time this has happened this year, so I can't see how it would make any difference to go back and look at each matchup.

A TD is a TD is a TD. Simple as that.

Since people want to bitch and moan about something that's complete common sense, I'll stay out of it and let ESPN decide.

And then you can have these arguments with Sofa next year, because I'm fucking done with it. My spot can go to someone else. Too much fucking drama over a goddamn free league.

unnecessary drama
12-19-2012, 04:40 PM
it happened a few times...with Julian Edelman and Josh Morgan off the top of my head...and someone else when Griffin fumbled again on the 1 into the end zone way earlier in the season.

ESPN standard has miscellaneous scores for returns and fumble recoveries so I'm not sure how that was left out of the scoring but I'm certainly not bitching, I was 2-10 for god's sake!

Sofa King
12-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Come on OTWP. I don't care either way. I just wanted to screw around with Flopnuts. Put it to a vote. I'd be good with that. Not gonna make any difference to me either way, really.

Der Flöprer
12-20-2012, 07:58 AM
It wasn't set up because I didn't realize ESPN would be so stupid as to not award a TD to the player who scored it.

Negative scoring for fumbles lost and INT's were part of the scoring this year, and we set up to be part of the scoring this year - but since people missed the draft time, we reset the draft, and when that happened, everything reverted to standard scoring. I never would have thought that the custom settings would have changed just due to resetting the draft time.

FWIW, I can't think of one other time this has happened this year, so I can't see how it would make any difference to go back and look at each matchup.

A TD is a TD is a TD. Simple as that.

Since people want to bitch and moan about something that's complete common sense, I'll stay out of it and let ESPN decide.

And then you can have these arguments with Sofa next year, because I'm fucking done with it. My spot can go to someone else. Too much fucking drama over a goddamn free league.

Come on OTWP. I don't care either way. I just wanted to screw around with Flopnuts. Put it to a vote. I'd be good with that. Not gonna make any difference to me either way, really.

:shrug: I could not care any less. Really. I assumed he knew I was fucking with him when I called him a doucher in this thread, as much as I knew he was fucking with me when he called me a mod abuser. ESPN has done their stat recalculations, and I'm good with it. No big deal. It was a free league, and I had fun. Good luck in the title game, loser!

Der Flöprer
12-20-2012, 08:01 AM
How would you have changed your lineup? What did you have?

I took out turner last minute and put in Gordon, so that move cost me nearly 10 pts

I went out and picked up Dallas Clark, and Golden Tate for that matchup with you and used them both. Had I used Heath Miller, who I already had, that would've done it alone. Let alone T.Y Hilton at WR, or Cecil Shorts. That would've gotten me combined, and extra 15+ points.

Sofa King
12-20-2012, 12:06 PM
I went out and picked up Dallas Clark, and Golden Tate for that matchup with you and used them both. Had I used Heath Miller, who I already had, that would've done it alone. Let alone T.Y Hilton at WR, or Cecil Shorts. That would've gotten me combined, and extra 15+ points.

Yeah that probably would have done it. But if you had started them, they wouldn't have produced. So double edged sword.