PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Police report sheds light on Belchers death spiral

Chocolate Hog
12-17-2012, 11:52 PM
Less than two months ago, Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher sent a foreboding text message to a secret girlfriend, expressing turmoil and frustration with his longtime girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins.

In the message, Belcher said he “would shoot” Perkins “if she didn’t leave him alone,” according to police reports obtained by The Star. At the time, the secret girlfriend thought Belcher was joking.

But on Dec. 1, Belcher emptied his .40-caliber handgun into Perkins, 22, killing her after they argued in the home they shared in the 5400 block of Crysler SAvenue. He then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and killed himself with a different handgun in the parking lot in front of his coaches and the team’s general manager.

Jackson County prosecutors ruled the deaths a murder-suicide and closed the case Friday. The Star obtained the case file, now a public record, which relays a range of facts not previously known.

• Belcher, 25, told his 22-year-old secret girlfriend that Perkins, the mother of his 3-month-old daughter, “knew exactly how to press his buttons and make him angry.” He told her Perkins had “threatened to take all his money and his child if they split up.”

• Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel said Belcher missed a team meeting a few weeks earlier and blamed it on Perkins, who reportedly hadn’t come home the night before, leaving him to watch the baby. Crennel said he thought the couple had “trust issues” and Perkins expected “a better life” with an NFL player. Crennel said he thought Belcher had contacted a lawyer about getting custody of his daughter.

• Belcher’s mother, Cheryl Shepherd, had moved in with the couple about two weeks before their deaths because they were having “relationship problems due to financial issues associated with Perkins’ spending habits.” Shepherd said the argument that preceded the killings “was in regard to one or both of them going out as in to a club or partying.”

• Police found a bullet hole in the bathroom floor under Perkins’ body that went through to the basement, possibly indicating she was on the floor when Belcher fired that round. Shepherd said she heard a “thump” before the gunshots. Police found eight spent shell casings and three bullet fragments in the bathroom and one spent bullet in the basement. Police observed 10 apparent gunshot wounds on the front of Perkins body, including to her neck, shoulder and chest, and five wounds on her backside. The medical examiner said four bullets remained in her body.

Belcher had numerous tattoos, including the words “Reckless” and “Abandon” on his torso, “Failure is not an option” on his chest and “Loyalty” on his bicep.

The case file contains nearly 60 pages of witness interviews, recovered evidence and officer observations. Police are awaiting toxicology results and crime-scene diagrams, but investigators forwarded the existing file to prosecutors because the pending reports would not change the outcome or challenge the known evidence, the lead investigator said.

The file outlines the couple’s problems, how Belcher’s mother and the Chiefs tried to help them and details Belcher’s activities before the killings.

The events begin at 8:30 p.m. Nov. 30, when Belcher drove to his secret girlfriend’s apartment in the 700 block of Armour Boulevard while Perkins attended a concert downtown with friends. Belcher and his paramour drank and played cards, and Belcher agreed to accompany her and her friends to a club in the Power & Light District at 10:30 p.m. They left the district about 12:45 a.m. and kissed goodbye in the parking lot of her building.

Around 1 a.m., a friend of Perkins has told The Star, the couple argued about Perkins being out late. The friend never specified whether that encounter was in person or by telephone. The police report doesn’t mention this dispute, instead indicating that after his secret girlfriend went inside, he fell asleep in his car.

Police roused him two hours later after someone called 911 to report his Bentley as suspicious. Officers noted the car was running and legally parked. They said Belcher “initially displayed possible signs of being under the influence (asleep and disoriented),” but after a few minutes of being awake, his demeanor and communication “became more fluid and coherent.” The officers and their sergeant could not smell any alcohol on his breath or person.

Belcher tried to call his secret girlfriend but could not reach her. He then knocked on a neighbor’s door. The two women inside said Belcher “appeared to be intoxicated.” He told them his friend wouldn’t come to her door, and they invited him inside to wait. He talked about his past and they said he “seemed to be in good spirits … laughing, joking.” He thanked them for letting him in their home. At 4:30 a.m., they gave him a pillow and blanket and he slept on the couch. He left at 6:45 a.m.

When Belcher arrived home, an argument broke out with Perkins. Shepherd overheard the shouting but didn’t intervene because Perkins had previously accused her of “interfering.”

After Shepherd heard gunshots, she ran to the bedroom and saw Belcher kneeling next to Perkins’ body, saying he was sorry. He kissed Perkins, his daughter and his mother and repeatedly apologized. He backed his Bentley out of the driveway, then got out, pulled off his sweatshirt and threw it in some bushes. He then drove to Arrowhead.

On the way, he apparently broke off the car’s rear-view mirror. Police later noted shattered glass on the dashboard and front passenger seat and the broken mirror resting on the seat. Police also saw blood on the gear shift and noted that Belcher’s body had cuts and blood on his right index and ring fingers.

Once at Arrowhead, Belcher encountered Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli.

“I’m sorry, Scott,” he said. “I’ve done a bad thing to my girlfriend already. I want to talk with (linebackers coach Gary) Gibbs and Romeo.”

Pioli then called the coaches to the parking lot. A security guard tried to stop them, but the coaches insisted. Despite their pleas for Belcher to put down the gun, Belcher only briefly lowered the Beretta .40-caliber handgun to chamber a round. He then walked away.

Crennel raised both his hands, pleading with Belcher to put the gun down. “You’re taking the easy way out!” Crennel yelled.

Belcher glanced at an approaching police officer , then knelt behind a minivan, made the sign of the cross on his chest with his left hand and fired a bullet into his head above his right ear. After the gunshot, Crennel slumped, dropped his hands and turned away from Belcher.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/17/3970971/police-reports-shed-light-on-jovan.html#storylink=cpy

Discuss Thrower
12-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Fire Pioli; hug Romeo.

Goddamn this whole thing is fucked up.

pr_capone
12-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Police found a bullet hole in the bathroom floor under Perkins’ body that went through to the basement, possibly indicating she was on the floor when Belcher fired that round. Shepherd said she heard a “thump” before the gunshots. Police found eight spent shell casings and three bullet fragments in the bathroom and one spent bullet in the basement. Police observed 10 apparent gunshot wounds on the front of Perkins body, including to her neck, shoulder and chest, and five wounds on her backside. The medical examiner said four bullets remained in her body.

holy shit... he literally put a cap in her ass.

DA_T_84
12-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Jesus..... that's rough.

He was most likely drunk; and those cops are going to get in huge trouble for letting him drive away drunk.

Reaper16
12-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Why did you bold the description of Belcher's tattoos?

Chocolate Hog
12-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Why did you bold the description of Belcher's tattoos?

Because the guy was reckless?

evolve27
12-18-2012, 12:11 AM
What a monster. Couldn't face what many people go through in relationships.

Reaper16
Because the guy was reckless?

A stretch. "Playing with reckless abandon" is a sports cliche.

AussieChiefsFan
so sad....

cdcox
12-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Three people (Belcher, Perkins and Anon) making life much more difficult than it needs to be. In light of having two girl friends, the "Loyalty" tat is pretty ironic. Sad story.

Frankie
12-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Not lost in all of this is Romeo's pep talk talent. Confirming to an agitated man the easy way to exit. :facepalm:

Jesus..... that's rough.

He was most likely drunk; and those cops are going to get in huge trouble for letting him drive away drunk.He didn't look drunk at all in the Police cam video.

HoneyBadger
12-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Jesus..... that's rough.

He was most likely drunk; and those cops are going to get in huge trouble for letting him drive away drunk.

It said it went inside the house.

Chiefspants
12-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Man, one has to feel for Romeo after this tragedy.

Chocolate Hog
12-18-2012, 01:00 AM
A stretch. "Playing with reckless abandon" is a sports cliche.

It's also ironic. The guy owned a car that was as worth as much as his house, cheated on his baby mother, and killed her. What a mess.

saphojunkie
12-18-2012, 01:39 AM
Sorry to go off topic but now that the star charges for articles, isn't it dicey to post the whole thing in a thread?

RubberSponge
12-18-2012, 03:56 AM
Further proof that Jovan Belcher was scum. This murder was not a crime of passion. Belcher premeditated this murder. Why anyone can show any ounce of remorse for this piece of shit is beyond me. Chiefs ownership on down should have never attended any memorial for a murderer. What a slap in the face to his victims, his child and Perkins.

Out of all the years I have been a Chiefs fan, the wins, the losses, the cheers, the disappointments. And believe me the disappointments have been many. But they have all been on the field. This disappointment is one that I seem to not be able to shake. Those pictures of Clark Hunt on down attending that damn murderers memorial about takes the cake for me. They should have distanced themselves as far away from Belcher as humanly possible if they had even the tiniest amount of respect for his victims. But they didn't. They expected their money to do that for them.

More and more I find myself cheering the losses of this franchise. Laughing at the on the field **** ups. Or having any desire to even care about the Chiefs. While seeming to get more excitement out of watching other teams play. I still love the Chiefs brand, I just hate the team from top to bottom. I simply can't be any more ashamed of a Chiefs team than I ever have been at this point in time.

Spott
12-18-2012, 04:31 AM
So he was worried about her taking him for all of his money because he had a kid with her so he decided go sleep with other women and increase his chances of having more kids. That makes sense.

InChiefsHell
12-18-2012, 05:35 AM
Not lost in all of this is Romeo's pep talk talent. Confirming to an agitated man the easy way to exit. :facepalm:

So...you just expect Romeo to "say the right thing" in that circumstance? I can't believe you would even seize on that...and challenging Belcher in that way probably made sense. Might have made him stop and explain himself more. Obviously it didn't, but at that point I'm sure Romeo was desperate.

You're kind of an idiot.

InChiefsHell
12-18-2012, 05:35 AM
So he was worried about her taking him for all of his money because he had a kid with her so he decided go sleep with other women and increase his chances of having more kids. That makes sense.

Crazy bastards don't make sense.

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2012, 05:48 AM
Further proof that Jovan Belcher was scum. This murder was not a crime of passion. Belcher premeditated this murder. Why anyone can show any ounce of remorse for this piece of shit is beyond me. Chiefs ownership on down should have never attended any memorial for a murderer. What a slap in the face to his victims, his child and Perkins.

Out of all the years I have been a Chiefs fan, the wins, the losses, the cheers, the disappointments. And believe me the disappointments have been many. But they have all been on the field. This disappointment is one that I seem to not be able to shake. Those pictures of Clark Hunt on down attending that damn murderers memorial about takes the cake for me. They should have distanced themselves as far away from Belcher as humanly possible if they had even the tiniest amount of respect for his victims. But they didn't. They expected their money to do that for them.

More and more I find myself cheering the losses of this franchise. Laughing at the on the field **** ups. Or having any desire to even care about the Chiefs. While seeming to get more excitement out of watching other teams play. I still love the Chiefs brand, I just hate the team from top to bottom. I simply can't be any more ashamed of a Chiefs team than I ever have been at this point in time.

:spock:

Baconeater
12-18-2012, 06:02 AM
Sheesh...money grubbing bitch...dude whoring around...money problems but he's driving a Bentley...what a fucking mess.

notorious
12-18-2012, 06:10 AM
My heart goes out to Crennel.

jspchief
12-18-2012, 06:48 AM
holy shit... he literally put a cap in her ass.Those are exit wounds.

Garcia Bronco
12-18-2012, 06:53 AM
It's also ironic. The guy owned a car that was as worth as much as his house, cheated on his baby mother, and killed her. What a mess.

yep. The guy was grade A scum, IMO.

memyselfI
12-18-2012, 06:58 AM
Jesus..... that's rough.

Hope so. Their actions/inaction definitely played a part in the 'spiral' and should not be ignored.

memyselfI
12-18-2012, 07:00 AM

He didn't look drunk at all in the Police cam video.

I don't think he was going to call him 'chicken' but that is what he did. Reverse psychology, perhaps? Hoping Belcher would show a shred of integrity that Crennel believed he possessed and not make matters worse.

keg in kc
12-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Terribly sad story. Amazing how reality can sometimes play out as if scripted.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2012, 07:03 AM
Dude was pure scum.

They both were young and dumb with their money, but lots of young people blow money away frivolously.

KCinNY
12-18-2012, 07:04 AM
...money problems but he's driving a Bentley.

Yeah...hard for me to generate much sympathy for the money woes of a Bentley owner. I think my 5 year old daughter possesses more emotional and financial maturity than this clown did.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2012, 07:08 AM
So has the secret GF talked to the media or gone into hiding?

Dartgod
12-18-2012, 07:08 AM
Hope so. Their actions/inaction definitely played a part in the 'spiral' and should not be ignored.

How so? He did not appear to be drinking and/or intoxicated and he did not drive away from the scene.

but after a few minutes of being awake, his demeanor and communication “became more fluid and coherent.” The officers and their sergeant could not smell any alcohol on his breath or person.

...At 4:30 a.m., they gave him a pillow and blanket and he slept on the couch. He left at 6:45 a.m.
Just more nonsensical BS from you.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Oh, man. I just feel horrible for Romeo. Slumps, hands fall, and he turns away from Belcher. Good Lord...

rabblerouser
12-18-2012, 07:09 AM
So...you just expect Romeo to "say the right thing" in that circumstance? I can't believe you would even seize on that...and challenging Belcher in that way probably made sense. Might have made him stop and explain himself more. Obviously it didn't, but at that point I'm sure Romeo was desperate.

You're kind of an idiot.

No shit - it's not much of a stretch to realize he was under extreme duress, and in that time, it sounds as is he just reached for the truth : Belcher WAS taking the coward's way out...

durtyrute
12-18-2012, 07:12 AM
This is the biggest bag of bullshit I've ever came across.

rabblerouser
12-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Yeah...hard for me to generate much sympathy for the money woes of a Bentley owner. I think my 5 year old daughter possesses more emotional and financial maturity than this clown did.

I'm positive that she does.

rabblerouser
12-18-2012, 07:15 AM
This is the biggest bag of bullshit I've ever came across.

Jovan Belcher??

Pretty big bag of shit.

durtyrute
12-18-2012, 07:18 AM
I like how they break up the quotes to form a sentence or an opinion. The "reckless" tattoo really adds to the piece as well.

durtyrute
12-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Jovan Belcher??

Pretty big bag of shit.

The whole thing

Hoover
12-18-2012, 07:20 AM
I find it strange that he crossed himself with his left hand.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Oh, man. I just feel horrible for Romeo. Slumps, hands fall, and he turns away from Belcher. Good Lord...

Yep. I sincerely feel like shedding a tear for Romeo. Can't imagine what that would feel like.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 07:33 AM
Jesus..... that's rough.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 07:34 AM
I find it strange that he crossed himself with his left hand.

Why?

He was assumedly holding the gun with his right and it's unlikely he's a practicing Catholic and probably ignorant to what that actually means.

ndws
12-18-2012, 07:42 AM
• Belcher’s mother, Cheryl Shepherd, had moved in with the couple about two weeks before their deaths because they were having “relationship problems due to financial issues associated with Perkins’ spending habits.” Shepherd said the argument that preceded the killings “was in regard to one or both of them going out as in to a club or partying.”

I'm guessing he got that Bentley for pennies on the dollar then?

Two immature people trying to lead mature lives, and he caved under the pressure of being an adult. Its sad that bling and entourages are the priorities for alot of people, rather than taking care of their own first and foremost.

stonedstooge
12-18-2012, 07:42 AM
The dashboard video catches the police telling Belcher they are cutting him a break. What is the break if he wasn't drunk?

hometeam
12-18-2012, 07:44 AM
The dashboard video catches the police telling Belcher they are cutting him a break. What is the break if he wasn't drunk?

What where they going to do, charge him with sleeping?

stonedstooge
12-18-2012, 07:50 AM

So they cut him a break by not charging him for sleeping in his car with it running? Dude was drunked up and the cops let him off

KCUnited
12-18-2012, 07:51 AM

Not billyclubbing his ass into hamburger for this shit show we've all had to endure every Sunday this Fall.

Dartgod
12-18-2012, 07:52 AM
So they cut him a break by not charging him for sleeping in his car with it running? Dude was drunked up and the cops let him off

Geez. Can't you fucking people read?

They said Belcher “initially displayed possible signs of being under the influence (asleep and disoriented),” but after a few minutes of being awake, his demeanor and communication “became more fluid and coherent.” The officers and their sergeant could not smell any alcohol on his breath or person.

stonedstooge
12-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Geez. Can't you ****ing people read?

So why did the cops tell him they were cutting him a break? What's the break for?

hometeam
12-18-2012, 07:54 AM

Did you read the story? Is sleeping in your car with it running, while not smelling like booze or appearing to be intoxicated a crime? Belcher is the only one at fault, not those officers.

KCUnited
12-18-2012, 07:55 AM
You pretty much have to kill someone or be riding a skateboard to get picked up by the KCPD.

Dartgod
12-18-2012, 07:56 AM
So why did the cops tell him they were cutting him a break? What's the break for?

Wasn't there, I have no idea.

JASONSAUTO
12-18-2012, 07:57 AM

then why even say it?

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 07:59 AM
So she threatened to take his kid and his money and had a history of going out partying all night without coming home causing him to miss practice because he had to watch the kid?

I'm not saying he should have killed her...but I understand. /Chris Rock

Mr. Flopnuts
Yep. I sincerely feel like shedding a tear for Romeo. Can't imagine what that would feel like.

I don't care what Winston says, football players are our gladiators. But I would just give Romeo a big hug if I saw him on the street. I'd even have the restraining order framed ala Sheldon Cooper.

stonedstooge
The 2 women whose apartment he entered said he "appeared to be intoxicated' Guess they were wrong then. Why would they even say that?

Marcellus
12-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Geez. Can't you ****ing people read?

You new here?

Not only can people here not read, as soon as anything happens where someone does something bad, they become the most morally sound group of people on the entire planet.

Belcher had a side girlfriend? Nobody here has ever done anything like that at 25 years old.

If you want to hate him for shooting his GF, no problem, wigging out over the other girlfriend is pretty silly.

Sounds like a bad relationship made worse by pressures of having a child together when they probably weren't a good match to begin with. Not saying she deserved death, no one deserves that, but it sounds like she was pushing things to a boiling point herself.

Just a fucked up situation all the way around.

InChiefsHell
12-18-2012, 08:04 AM
The 2 women whose apartment he entered said he "appeared to be intoxicated' Guess they were wrong then. Why would they even say that?
Point is, he didn't drive away. Didn't do anything that would get him in trouble for drunk driving. The cops said they didn't smell anything on him. You can say they are lying, but even if he had been drunk as hell, they don't have anything on him. He was asleep in the car and not driving. Then he went into the apartments. What should they have done?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-18-2012, 08:04 AM
You new here?

Not only can people here not read, as soon as anything happens where someone does something bad, they become the most morally sound group of people on the entire planet.

Belcher had a side girlfriend? Nobody here has ever done anything like that at 25 years old.

If you want to hate him for shooting his GF, no problem, wigging out over the other girlfriend is pretty silly.

Sounds like a bad relationship made worse by pressures of having a child together when they probably weren't a good match to begin with. Not saying she deserved death, no one deserves that, but it sounds like she was pushing things to a boiling point herself.

Just a fucked up situation all the way around.

Exactly. I agree with this post word for word.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2012, 08:07 AM
You new here?

Just a ****ed up situation all the way around.

Agreed. Lots of young people have similiar issues in life.

Belcher was a mental midget who couldnt deal with it and snapped.

JASONSAUTO
12-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Point is, he didn't drive away. Didn't do anything that would get him in trouble for drunk driving. The cops said they didn't smell anything on him. You can say they are lying, but even if he had been drunk as hell, they don't have anything on him. He was asleep in the car and not driving. Then he went into the apartments. What should they have done?

well the fact of the matter is IF he was drunk, in a car, with keys he is legally DUI.

and what do you guys EXPECT the police to say?

watch the video, listen to their comments, then read what the neighbors say and i think any reasonable person can assume he was drunk.

Armadillo Skin
12-18-2012, 08:15 AM
You don't have to even be in the car. You can be sitting on the hood drinking and get a DUI. You don't even have to have the keys to get a DUI. You think cops care about in the car, driving, keys or any other specifics when making thier quota?

Predarat
12-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Stupid POS should have just killed himself, not the mother.

Armadillo Skin
12-18-2012, 08:17 AM
He was worried about 2.6% of his income going for child support. 97.4% of 1.9 million doesn't go very far now days.

Dayze
12-18-2012, 08:21 AM
I watched an interesting documentary last night called "Head Games" about sports and concussions....it was very interesting.

InChiefsHell
12-18-2012, 08:21 AM
well the fact of the matter is IF he was drunk, in a car, with keys he is legally DUI.

and what do you guys EXPECT the police to say?

watch the video, listen to their comments, then read what the neighbors say and i think any reasonable person can assume he was drunk.

Ah. Did not know that.

WhiteWhale
12-18-2012, 08:26 AM
He was worried about 2.6% of his income going for child support. 97.4% of 1.9 million doesn't go very far now days.

Where did you get 2.6%?

Isn't the average child support payment for 1 kid closer to 20%?

I don't have kids, but I know my friends who pay support give out a shit load more than two and a half percent.

KCUnited
12-18-2012, 08:27 AM
You don't have to even be in the car. You can be sitting on the hood drinking and get a DUI. You don't even have to have the keys to get a DUI. You think cops care about in the car, driving, keys or any other specifics when making thier quota?

There were 2 double shootings here last weekend, one in which a child suffered life threatening injuries. I'm not saying it's right, but 0 ****s are given by the KCPD about a guy sleeping in his car.

jd1020
12-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Belcher who?

jspchief
12-18-2012, 08:32 AM
If that were any regular Joe, he would have been arrested for DUI, or at the very least been given a field sobriety test. There's no doubt in my mind that the cops let him go because he was an NFL player.

Does that make them responsible for what happened later? Maybe a little. It certainly makes them negligent in the performance of their duties.

Did they let him drive away? Or were they present when he knocked on his gf's door then entered the other apartment? We don't really know that Belcher didn't party it up with the neighbors before going to bed.

jspchief
12-18-2012, 08:33 AM
There were 2 double shootings here last weekend, one in which a child suffered life threatening injuries. I'm not saying it's right, but 0 ****s are given by the KCPD about a guy sleeping in his car.So the KCPD doesn't issue DUIs?

Marcellus
12-18-2012, 08:34 AM

Sometimes its best not to post when you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Hoover
12-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Why?

He was assumedly holding the gun with his right and it's unlikely he's a practicing Catholic and probably ignorant to what that actually means.

Because it's a prayer and it's supposed to be done with the right hand.

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 08:39 AM
If that were any regular Joe, he would have been arrested for DUI, or at the very least been given a field sobriety test. There's no doubt in my mind that the cops let him go because he was an NFL player.

Does that make them responsible for what happened later? Maybe a little. It certainly makes them negligent in the performance of their duties.

Did they let him drive away? Or were they present when he knocked on his gf's door then entered the other apartment? We don't really know that Belcher didn't party it up with the neighbors before going to bed.

So you really think that police should be handing out DUIs to people who aren't driving? That's your personal opinion?

KCUnited
12-18-2012, 08:42 AM
So the KCPD doesn't issue DUIs?

Of course they do. But even if they thought Belcher was too intoxicated to drive, he took refuge at the scene with his friend's neighbor to sleep it off (I understand according to their statement above that they didn't think he was intoxicated). I understand that might get you rung up for DUI in the burbs, but that was likely enough for KCPD to move on to something else.

jspchief
12-18-2012, 08:45 AM
So you really think that police should be handing out DUIs to people who aren't driving? That's your personal opinion?My opinion doesn't have anything to do with it. They DO, and it's the law.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Because it's a prayer and it's supposed to be done with the right hand.

Does he sound like the kind of guy that's well-versed on the proper way to cross himself?

GoHuge
12-18-2012, 09:04 AM
I know a couple of people that have gotten a DUI for sleeping in their car because the keys were in the ignition. Not sure if it's the law re the keys in the ignition or not but the few times I've passed out drunk in my car I made sure the keys weren't in the ignition.

Saul Good
My opinion doesn't have anything to do with it. They DO, and it's the law.

Is the law to be enforced 100% of the time with no room for officer discretion? Should going 66 in a 65 earn a ticket every time?

Your point is dumb. Better to back away from it now rather than doubling down on it. The guy wasn't driving, and they didn't smell alcohol on his breath. There was no reason to arrest him.

htismaqe

Liberty is useless. Who cares about freedom.

We could have SAVED TWO LIVES! Incarcerate him!

jd1020
12-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Does he sound like the kind of guy that's well-versed on the proper way to cross himself?

Dude went to hell anyway.

jd1020
12-18-2012, 09:08 AM

Do you know if they keys were in the ignition? Pretty sure you can be charged with DUI if the keys are in the ignition even if the car is parked and turned off.

jspchief
12-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Is the law to be enforced 100% of the time with no room for officer discretion? Should going 66 in a 65 earn a ticket every time?

Your point is dumb. Better to back away from it now rather than doubling down on it. The guy wasn't driving, and they didn't smell alcohol on his breath. There was no reason to arrest him.They said they initially believed he was intoxicated. Anyone not playing for the Chiefs would have at least received a field sobriety test. Also, the strangers who's door he knocked on shortly after the police "cleared" him said that he seemed drunk.

As for your going 1 mph over comparison... obviously that's the same danger as driving drunk, right?

jspchief
12-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Do you know if they keys were in the ignition? Pretty sure you can be charged with DUI if the keys are in the ignition even if the car is parked and turned off.I'm pretty sure the keys don't even have to be in the ignition.

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Do you know if they keys were in the ignition? Pretty sure you can be charged with DUI if the keys are in the ignition even if the car is parked and turned off.

You CAN. That doesn't mean that you SHOULD.

Fuck any cop that does that.

jd1020
12-18-2012, 09:17 AM
You CAN. That doesn't mean that you SHOULD.

**** any cop that does that.

Fuck any cop that gives a DUI for "operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated?"

You're a dumbass.

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 09:19 AM
They said they initially believed he was intoxicated. Anyone not playing for the Chiefs would have at least received a field sobriety test. Also, the strangers who's door he knocked on shortly after the police "cleared" him said that he seemed drunk.

As for your going 1 mph over comparison... obviously that's the same danger as driving drunk, right?

He was driving? He was doing something dangerous? Keep doubling down on the idea that a guy who wasn't driving and didn't have alcohol on his breath should have been arrested. Let's arrest everyone. Everybody is guilty of something, and they must be busted for it.

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 09:21 AM
**** any cop that gives a DUI for "operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated?"

You're a dumbass.

Dude was SLEEPING in a parked car. He didn't have alcohol on his breath. What should the cops do? Arrest him. /dipshit

jd1020
12-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Dude was SLEEPING in a parked car. He didn't have alcohol on his breath. What should the cops do? Arrest him. /dipshit

I'm arguing under the assumption that there is alcohol involved you moron.

jspchief
12-18-2012, 09:22 AM
He was driving? He was doing something dangerous? Keep doubling down on the idea that a guy who wasn't driving and didn't have alcohol on his breath should have been arrested. Let's arrest everyone. Everybody is guilty of something, and they must be busted for it.So if you pass out in your car, cops just drive by and not be concerned that you may wake up later and drive? The law is written the way it is for a reason.

"let's arrest everyone"

Don't be such a drama queen. There's a simple procedure called a field sobriety test, and being found sleeping in your car at 4am on a Saturday is going to have you taking one 99% of the time.

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm arguing under the assumption that there is alcohol involved you moron.

I'm arguing under the assumption that you are literate and know that the cops didn't smell alcohol and had no reason to arrest him for sleeping in his parked vehicle.

Armadillo Skin
12-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Where did you get 2.6%?

Isn't the average child support payment for 1 kid closer to 20%?

I don't have kids, but I know my friends who pay support give out a shit load more than two and a half percent.

On the news they estimated his child support would of been $50,000 if he would of left and had to pay child support. They said he didn't want to pay that. 50k/1.9m = 2.6%.

SNR
Belcher is scum, but it sounds like his girlfriend was a huge cunt, too.

Detoxing

You can still get a DUI, even you're just sleeping. If the cops have reasonable suspicion that you had been drinking and driving and find you in your vehicle....hello DUI.

I think in most cases, an average citizen wouldn't get the benefit of the doubt, Belcher probably did though.

jd1020
12-18-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm arguing under the assumption that you are literate and know that the cops didn't smell alcohol and had no reason to arrest him for sleeping in his parked vehicle.

Officers noted the car was running and legally parked. They said Belcher “initially displayed possible signs of being under the influence (asleep and disoriented),”

So obviously the keys were in the ignition, if it was running.

He initially showed signs of being under the influence...

Should have been given a field sobriety test right then and there.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2012, 09:27 AM
You can still get a DUI, even you're just sleeping. If the cops have reasonable suspicion that you had been drinking and driving and find you in your vehicle....hello DUI.

I think in most cases, an average citizen wouldn't get the benefit of the doubt, Belcher probably did though.

Wow, i never knew that? This is like Minority Report stuff. Stopping a potential crime before it happens.

Lzen
12-18-2012, 09:35 AM

You're kind of an idiot.

:clap:

Agreed. Say what you will about Romeo's coaching abilities (or lack thereof), but I don't see how anyone could criticize him for this. He's not a trained counselor/psychologist.

Dartgod
12-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Officers noted the car was running and legally parked. They said Belcher “initially displayed possible signs of being under the influence (asleep and disoriented),”

but after a few minutes of being awake, his demeanor and communication “became more fluid and coherent.”
How long is a few minutes? Maybe they planned to give him a field test, and then realized that he was just groggy from sleep as he woke up.

Then there's this, which is a pretty important detail.

The officers and their sergeant could not smell any alcohol on his breath or person.

jd1020
12-18-2012, 09:41 AM
How long is a few minutes? Maybe they planned to give him a field test, and then realized that he was just groggy from sleep as he woke up.

Then there's this, which is a pretty important detail.

So after a few minutes you ignore that hes passed out in a running vehicle and was slurring his speech?

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 09:44 AM

Your "signs of possible influence" consist of being asleep at 3:00 in the morning and being disoriented or a few minutes after police woke him up.

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 09:48 AM
So after a few minutes you ignore that hes passed out in a running vehicle and was slurring his speech?

Now he was passed out and slurring his speech?

Dude was sleeping at 3:00 am in a legally parked car. He didn't smell like alcohol according to the police who were there. There was no evidence that he was breaking any laws. He complied with the officers, and he went inside a neighbors apartment after she offered to let him crash there.

Arrest Him!

JASONSAUTO
12-18-2012, 09:52 AM

lol, im sure they say he didnt smell of alcohol AFTER THE FACT.

watch the video, listen to what they say. for some reason they sure sounded like they were letting him off when he had done something wrong

jd1020
12-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Now he was passed out and slurring his speech?

Dude was sleeping at 3:00 am in a legally parked car. He didn't smell like alcohol according to the police who were there. There was no evidence that he was breaking any laws. He complied with the officers, and he went inside a neighbors apartment after she offered to let him crash there.

Arrest Him!

You're a fucking idiot.

There was no evidence because no evidence was taken.

Do you even understand was a field sobriety test is? It's not a test where if you pass you are arrested.

Also, do you think that after something like this happens and could have been prevented by cops doing their jobs, but didn't, that they make it a habit of saying they screwed up?

Dartgod
12-18-2012, 09:53 AM

Where did I say that's what I would do? And I don't recall reading anything about slurred speech.

jd1020
12-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Where did I say that's what I would do? And I don't recall reading anything about slurred speech.

WTF do you think his speech was like if it "became more fluid and coherent?"

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2012, 09:55 AM
How is this even relevant? Do you all really believe if he had been arrested and charged with DUI/DWI/whatever that he and his baby-mama wouldn't have gotten into an argument following his release about who was where and doing what?

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 09:58 AM
lol, im sure they say he didnt smell of alcohol AFTER THE FACT.

watch the video, listen to what they say. for some reason they sure sounded like they were letting him off when he had done something wrong

This is hilarious. Blame the cops for not arresting a guy who broke no laws because the next day the guy committed a murder.

jd1020
12-18-2012, 09:58 AM
How is this even relevant? Do you all really believe if he had been arrested and charged with DUI/DWI/whatever that he and his baby-mama wouldn't have gotten into an argument following his release about who was where and doing what?

I'm just saying that you can be arrested with DUI even if you are in a car that is not moving and you are asleep.

I'm not arguing that this incident could have been prevented.

Dartgod
12-18-2012, 09:59 AM
WTF do you think his speech was like if it "became more fluid and coherent?"

Definition of INCOHERENT

: lacking coherence: as
a : lacking cohesion : loose
b : lacking orderly continuity, arrangement, or relevance : inconsistent <an incoherent essay>
c : lacking normal clarity or intelligibility in speech or thought <incoherent with grief>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/incoherent
Nothing about slurred speech there. Perhaps you can find another definition that supports your assumptions?

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 10:00 AM

The cops should look into our souls and arrest us for future crimes.

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm just saying that you can be arrested with DUI even if you are in a car that is not moving and you are asleep.

I'm not arguing that this incident could have been prevented.

You can also be arrested for tossing a cigarette butt on the ground. It very rarely happens, though. If someone tosses a cigarette butt on the ground and then commits a crime later in his life, I blame the cops for not busting him sooner.

jd1020
12-18-2012, 10:02 AM
You can also be arrested for tossing a cigarette butt on the ground. It very rarely happens, though.

And your point is?

Your counter arguments are pretty fucking stupid... Trying to compare driving under the influence with 1 mph over the speed limit or littering.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 10:03 AM

We could have averted this crisis if the cops would have just done their jobs!

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 10:03 AM
The cops should look into our souls and arrest us for future crimes.

ROFL

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 10:04 AM
And your point is?

Your counter arguments are pretty ****ing stupid... Trying to compare driving under the influence with 1 mph over the speed limit or littering.

Sleeping in a car is less dangerous than speeding and throwing a cigarette butt on the ground.

jd1020
12-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Sleeping in a car is less dangerous than speeding and throwing a cigarette butt on the ground.

What was he doing before he fell asleep in his car? I believe he was driving.

Dartgod
12-18-2012, 10:07 AM

Legally, according to the police.

Lzen
12-18-2012, 10:07 AM
You're a ****ing idiot.

There was no evidence because no evidence was taken.

Do you even understand was a field sobriety test is? It's not a test where if you pass you are arrested.

Also, do you think that after something like this happens and could have been prevented by cops doing their jobs, but didn't, that they make it a habit of saying they screwed up?

Where is this video? I would like to see what you guys are talking about.

Regardless of whether the cops did or didn't do their job that night this tragedy falls squarely on the shoulders of Belcher. Even if they arrested him that night, he could have easily done this later down the road.

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 10:10 AM

How the fuck should I know? You think police should be able to arrest somebody who is sleeping in his car because he must have driven drunk at some point. I think you're stupid.

Maybe we're both right.

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 10:12 AM
By the way, this happened at an apartment complex. Sounds like he was sleeping in a car in a parking lot.

jd1020
12-18-2012, 10:13 AM
How the **** should I know? You think police should be able to arrest somebody who is sleeping in his car because he must have driven drunk at some point

With keys in the ignition... Absolutely.

Lzen
12-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Maybe we're both right.

That you're both stupid? :D

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 10:15 AM
With keys in the ignition... Absolutely.

...and not smelling of alcohol

jd1020
12-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Legally, according to the police.

We'll never know.

All we know is that he was drinking earlier in the day, clubbing, kissed his secret girlfriend goodnight, and then fell asleep in his car in the parking lot.

Cops woke him up after his vehicle was called in as suspicious. He initially appeared to be under the influence. He tried to call his secret girlfriend but she wouldn't answer so he knocked on a neighbors door and they claimed he also appeared to be intoxicated and they let him stay at their place.

The end.

So we go from intoxicated to sober back to intoxicated.

Fairplay
12-18-2012, 10:24 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2012/12/18/jovan-belcher-kansas-city-chiefs-kasandra-perkins-murder-suicide/1777359/

Chiefs' Belcher texted about shooting girlfriend
Rachel George, USA TODAY Sports11:30a.m. EST December 18, 2012

He told other girlfriend he "would shoot" Kasandra Perkins
Perkins suffered 10 gunshot wounds, according to case documents
Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said the couple had "trust issues"

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher sent a text message saying he "would shoot" his girlfriend less than two months before murdering Kasandra Perkins and then killing himself, case documents obtained by USA TODAY Sports reveal.

GUN CULTURE: Three out of four NFL players own gun

Prosecutors in Jackson County, Mo., closed the case Friday. According to the final report, Belcher fatally shot Perkins, 22, his longtime girlfriend, with a .40-caliber handgun before committing suicide at the Chiefs' training facility with a different weapon.

A bullet hole in the floor of the master bathroom that went through to the basement in the couple's Crysler Avenue home suggests Perkins was on the floor when Belcher fired that shot. The report notes 10 apparent gunshot wounds on the front of Perkins' body, and police found eight spent shell casings and three bullet fragments in the bathroom.

Another spent bullet was found in the basement. Cheryl Shepherd, Belcher's mother, told police she heard a "thump" before the gunshots. She had recently moved in with the couple – who were parents to an infant daughter, Zoey – because they were having "relationship problems due to financial issues associated with Perkins' spending habits."

Shepherd told police that Belcher and Perkins argued that morning about going out "to a club or partying."

Belcher's actions that morning came less than two months after he sent a text message to another girlfriend suggesting he would harm Perkins. He told his second girlfriend that he "would shoot" Perkins "if she didn't leave them alone." According to the case file, the second girlfriend thought he was joking.

Before their deaths, the couple was receiving help from the Chiefs organization, the Star previously reported. Head coach Romeo Crennel told police that Belcher, 25, missed a team meeting a few weeks earlier because he said Perkins had not come home the night before, leaving him to watch the baby.

FUNERAL: Hundreds attend Belcher ceremony

The couple had "trust issues," Crennel told police. Belcher might have contacted a lawyer about getting custody of Zoey, he said.

Belcher told his other girlfriend that Perkins "knew exactly how to press his buttons and make him angry" and that she had "threatened to take all his money and his child if they split up."

Not contained in the case file – 62 pages of evidence, witness interviews and police observations – are the toxicology results and crime scene diagrams.

The Kansas City Star first reported the release of the case documents.

Contributing: Steve Wieberg in Kansas City, Mo.

Dartgod
12-18-2012, 10:24 AM
We'll never know.

Well, we could make assumptions.

jd1020
12-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Well, we could make assumptions.

Don't have to.

It's not the first time that money and fame got off and it won't be the last time.

Dartgod
12-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Don't have to.

It's not the first time that money and fame got off and it won't be the last time.
Yet you are.

thebrad84
12-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Wow, I see there are a lot of people seeking blame somewhere else (i.e. the police for their actions, inactions?) and not placing it solely on the POS that was Jovan Belcher. Who gives a flying **** if Belcher was "given a break" by those officers. Belcher was clearly a ticking time bomb and, from what it sounds like, Perkins was doing everything she could to make that clock tick faster. Like someone else already said, this was a bad relationship made worse by having a kid, something that happens all too often in our society. Most sane people are eventually able to handle it through divorce and child custody orders. Belcher was a ****tard who probably couldn't even spell his first name correctly and he chose to handle his problems like every other mentally weak POS does, by using a gun. End of story.

jd1020
12-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Yet you are.

I am?

He appeared intoxicated when the cops arrived and when he knocked on the neighbors door. But, shortly after the cops arrived and before knocking on the neighbor of his secret girlfriends door he became sober?

Dartgod
12-18-2012, 10:36 AM
I am?

He appeared intoxicated when the cops arrived and when he knocked on the neighbors door. But, shortly after the cops arrived and before knocking on the neighbor of his secret girlfriends door he became sober?

You're assuming that the girls are able to detect an intoxicated person better than a trained police officer and you are also assuming that the police knew he was intoxicated yet let him go.

This all may be true, but the facts from the article do not support your theory inconclusively, so therefore you are making several assumptions.

JASONSAUTO
12-18-2012, 10:36 AM
This is hilarious. Blame the cops for not arresting a guy who broke no laws because the next day the guy committed a murder.

i'm not blaming anyone for anything, got a link to that?

jd1020
12-18-2012, 10:38 AM
You're assuming that the girls are able to detect an intoxicated person better than a trained police officer and you are also assuming that the police knew he was intoxicated yet let him go.

This all may be true, but the facts from the article do not support your theory inconclusively, so therefore you are making several assumptions.

Ya... its real fucking difficult to spot a drunk... it takes a trained eye...

Idiot.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Ya... its real ****ing difficult to spot a drunk... it takes a trained eye...

Idiot.

PROFILING!

Dartgod
12-18-2012, 11:43 AM
I have nothing else. You win.

FYP

Start Croyle
12-18-2012, 11:53 AM
On a side note, has anyone looked at the neighborhood where Belcher lived? I checked it out on Google streetview! It is nice, but not that great! Not much different from where I stayed when I lived in Lee's Summit. It looks like a middle income area instead of where millionaires would live.

Maybe that's what they are talking about when they say his girlfriend expected a better lifestyle!

Deberg_1990
12-18-2012, 11:58 AM
On a side note, has anyone looked at the neighborhood where Belcher lived? I checked it out on Google streetview! It is nice, but not that great! Not much different from where I stayed when I lived in Lee's Summit. It looks like a middle income area instead of where millionaires would live.

Maybe that's what they are talking about when they say his girlfriend expected a better lifestyle!

It was only a rental home from what i understand. IM not sure if he owned a house?

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 12:01 PM

He had earned just over $2,000,000 in his career ($1,800,000 after paying his agent, and $1,100,000 after taxes). He drove a car that cost around $200,000.

I'm guessing half of his neighbors had a higher net worth than he did.

NewChief
12-18-2012, 12:46 PM
He had earned just over $2,000,000 in his career ($1,800,000 after paying his agent, and $1,100,000 after taxes). He drove a car that cost around $200,000.

But a Bentley is a great investment!

Seriously, this is a perfect example of the financial idiocy that afflicts way too many professional athletes.

Armadillo Skin
12-18-2012, 12:54 PM
I use to live a couple of blocks from there on East 54th Terrace. 30 years ago a great neighborhood. Now not so much. People on the streets and corners peddling drugs with guns in thier hands.

stonedstooge
12-18-2012, 01:23 PM
The video of the stop is on page 172 of the Belcher thread that's on page 7 of the lounge. I'd link it here but don't know how, so if someone could do it, much appreciated

RINGLEADER
12-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Here's one of the things I don't get...

He's out with another girlfriend. He evidently doesn't like this woman. Why does he care if she's out late? Why does he care what she's doing? Just let her go, face up to what the court says you have to pay, and move on with your life.

I don't get it when people are rifling through their BF/GF phone and following them, etc., etc. If you don't trust the person, WTF do you want to be around them, much less care what they do?

Move on and get a new one. Sounds like he already had, which makes it even more confusing...

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2012, 02:07 PM

He's out with another girlfriend. He evidently doesn't like this woman. Why does he care if she's out late? Why does he care what she's doing? Just let her go, face up to what the court says you have to pay, and move on with your life.

I don't get it when people are rifling through their BF/GF phone and following them, etc., etc. If you don't trust the person, WTF do you want to be around them, much less care what they do?

Move on and get a new one. Sounds like he already had, which makes it even more confusing...

It's the same mentality as the guy that constantly cheats on his wife, yet when she's late or doesn't answer her phone or something similar, he freaks out.

Some people are just wired wrong.

Chocolate Hog
12-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Yo Dane do you have a Bentley?

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 02:18 PM
It's the same mentality as the guy that constantly cheats on his wife, yet when she's late or doesn't answer her phone or something similar, he freaks out.

Some people are just wired wrong.

Yep.

It's about control.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Yo Dane do you have a Bentley?

No

Frankie
12-18-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't think he was going to call him 'chicken' but that is what he did. Reverse psychology, perhaps? Hoping Belcher would show a shred of integrity that Crennel believed he possessed and not make matters worse.

I honestly don't think Crennel has it in him to practice "reverse psychology" effectively. i do understand that in a situation like that coming up with wise and effective remarks/Pep talks is very difficult, but Romeo has not shown in any of his press conferences (and by deduction, locker room) the verbal ability to mentally affect a player into positive results. In the Belcher situation he gets a pass, but it also throws some light on the lack of mental preparation of his players on game day. It's a tedious parallel to be sure but it is a parallel that I pointed out apparently for the sole purpose of having InChiefsHell take it personally. ;)

Saul Good
12-18-2012, 02:34 PM

Hard to just move on when a chick is threatening to take your kid.

Demonpenz
12-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Those are exit wounds.

staring DMX

InChiefsHell
12-18-2012, 02:59 PM
I honestly don't think Crennel has it in him to practice "reverse psychology" effectively. i do understand that in a situation like that coming up with wise and effective remarks/Pep talks is very difficult, but Romeo has not shown in any of his press conferences (and by deduction, locker room) the verbal ability to mentally affect a player into positive results. In the Belcher situation he gets a pass, but it also throws some light on the lack of mental preparation of his players on game day. It's a tedious parallel to be sure but it is a parallel that I pointed out apparently for the sole purpose of having InChiefsHell take it personally. ;)
:harumph::)

BigRedChief
12-18-2012, 06:56 PM

I'm guessing half of his neighbors had a higher net worth than he did.THIS

plus its easy to get to Arrowhead from there.

110010x
12-18-2012, 08:16 PM
That is some sad shit.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2012, 08:29 PM

That neighborhood was high end? I'm asking because I have absolutely no idea.

And yes, Belcher was a moron.

Chocolate Hog
12-18-2012, 08:41 PM

According to this the house is worth 131k http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5401-Crysler-Ave-Kansas-City-MO-64133/90025572_zpid/

The Bentley is roughly around 100k.

Baconeater
12-18-2012, 08:50 PM
It was only a rental home from what i understand. IM not sure if he owned a house?
Yeah I'm pretty sure I read that it was a rental. So that gives you some insight into the financial genious at work here. Rents a middle class home but yet drives a Bentley.

BurtGummer44Magnum
12-18-2012, 09:49 PM
If this is how even 10% of the starters live their lives, it no wonder they suck goat dropping come Sunday afternoon. Good Grief, and so many players lauded him as a "leader".

beach tribe
12-18-2012, 09:49 PM
According to this the house is worth 131k http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5401-Crysler-Ave-Kansas-City-MO-64133/90025572_zpid/

Drive through the projects. You will be shocked at the amount of Caddys and Lincoln Navigators parked in driveways of housing that costs around $200 a month. Those same people drive those Caddys to cash their welfare checks.

beach tribe
12-18-2012, 09:50 PM
If this is how even 10% of the starters live their lives, it no wonder they suck goat dropping come Sunday afternoon. Good Grief, and so many players lauded him as a "leader".

Definitely part of the right 53.

suzzer99
12-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Anyone who thinks a normal citizen walks away from falling asleep in your car with it still running at 4 AM - w/o getting at least a breathalyzer - go give it a try.

Deberg_1990
12-19-2012, 06:29 AM

Ive got some family that lives over near there. Its not high end nor run down. Just your typical middle class neighborhood.

IM still unsure if he lived there full time or just rented it for Perkins and he had another residence somewhere else? Because yea, you would think he would have owned a little bit more upscale home.

JASONSAUTO
12-19-2012, 06:40 AM
Anyone who thinks a normal citizen walks away from falling asleep in your car with it still running at 4 AM - w/o getting at least a breathalyzer - go give it a try.

this

Rausch
12-19-2012, 07:04 AM

Please don't...

hometeam
12-19-2012, 07:08 AM

I have a client who does some private contracting for the state relating to DMV stuff, and she told me when she saw the news she instantly knew the car because she had just done some paperwork on it a week before the shootings. She said he bought it out of state and paid something like 123k for it~

htismaqe
12-19-2012, 07:15 AM

I have had this happen. You're wrong.

stonedstooge
12-19-2012, 07:18 AM
I have had this happen. You're wrong.

Did the police tell you they were cutting you a break?

htismaqe
12-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Did the police tell you they were cutting you a break?

In so many words, yeah.

They could have given me a breathalyzer (I would have passed because I hadn't had a drop of alcohol) but after talking to me, they let me go.

"You got lucky this time" is exactly what they said.

rabblerouser
12-19-2012, 07:35 AM
I've had cops let me go with open containers in the vehicle before...a different time, I blew a .0771 after a concert - and the police asked me to drive my other friends home.

It's all about maintaining, not acting like a jackass, realizing that the police have authority, and keeping cool. Speak clearly, enunciate your words, make valid points - I talk to them just like I talk to my friends. Honestly and earnestly. And you'd be surprised at how many police officers respond to that positively. I don't try and **** them around, I don't pretend that they're stupid, I don't get upset that they're doing their job...and they have almost always recognized my personal accountability and allowed me to proceed about my business (as it should be.)

Though I've never fallen asleep behind the wheel of a running car in the parking lot of a KC apt. complex and had the police show up. Belcher definitely got a pass there; that would almost always result in breathalyzers, thorough vehicle search, etc.

Being asleep behind the wheel of a running vehicle does suggest some sort of inability to maintain.

Love the fact that all this was going down a few hours before practice and a team meeting. Like, I would assume that for a football player, your 'Friday Nights' come on Monday/Tuesday.

Or during the offseason.

beach tribe
12-19-2012, 08:19 AM
I've had cops let me go with open containers in the vehicle before...a different time, I blew a .0771 after a concert - and the police asked me to drive my other friends home.

It's all about maintaining, not acting like a jackass, realizing that the police have authority, and keeping cool. Speak clearly, enunciate your words, make valid points - I talk to them just like I talk to my friends. Honestly and earnestly. And you'd be surprised at how many police officers respond to that positively. I don't try and **** them around, I don't pretend that they're stupid, I don't get upset that they're doing their job...and they have almost always recognized my personal accountability and allowed me to proceed about my business (as it should be.)

Though I've never fallen asleep behind the wheel of a running car in the parking lot of a KC apt. complex and had the police show up. Belcher definitely got a pass there; that would almost always result in breathalyzers, thorough vehicle search, etc.

Being asleep behind the wheel of a running vehicle does suggest some sort of inability to maintain.

Love the fact that all this was going down a few hours before practice and a team meeting. Like, I would assume that for a football player, your 'Friday Nights' come on Monday/Tuesday.

Or during the offseason.
Just depends on what cop you get, and what kind of day he's having, or whether he wants to bother with any paperwork.

Chocolate Hog
12-19-2012, 08:42 AM
KC cops are actually pretty cool compared to many in the burbs.

Chocolate Hog
12-19-2012, 08:44 AM
I have a client who does some private contracting for the state relating to DMV stuff, and she told me when she saw the news she instantly knew the car because she had just done some paperwork on it a week before the shootings. She said he bought it out of state and paid something like 123k for it~

Damn makes sense have financial troubles but spend 123k on a car while living 5 mins from work.

You can get a really nice used car for under 20 k.

htismaqe
12-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Damn makes sense have financial troubles but spend 123k on a car while living 5 mins from work.

You can get a really nice used car for under 20 k.

Exactly. Could get an electric car for that kind of drive, for that matter.