PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs’ Quinn has rib injury; Crennel says Stanzi is ‘possibility’ for Sunday

Tribal Warfare
12-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Chiefs’ Quinn has rib injury; Crennel says Stanzi is ‘possibility’ for Sunday (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/17/3970498/chiefs-quinn-has-rib-injury-crennel.html)
By SAM McDOWELL
The Kansas City Star
A physical Oakland Raiders defense took its toll on the Chiefs on Sunday for the second time this season.

Once again, quarterback Brady Quinn was one of the victims.

Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel revealed Monday that Quinn emerged from the 15-0 loss in Oakland with an injury to his ribs, leaving his status for Sunday’s home finale against Indianapolis in doubt — and leaving the Chiefs’ quarterback situation familiarly muddled.

“He stood in there pretty tough and took a beating basically,” Crennel said.

Crennel said Quinn’s injury would be reevaluated Tuesday, but whether he gets the call under center won’t necessarily depend exclusively on his health. Asked who would start Sunday if Quinn is healthy, Crennel was noncommittal.

He was similarly vague when presented with the hypothetical of Quinn’s absence, allowing for the possibility that Ricky Stanzi could be in line to make his NFL regular-season debut against the Colts.

“There’s a possibility,” Crennel said of Stanzi playing Sunday. “Like I said last week, there’s a possibility, and I mentioned injuries as one of the reasons. We’ll see what Brady looks like, and then we’ll make some decisions and go from there.”

The severity of Quinn’s injury is unknown, though he was able to finish Sunday’s game in Oakland, completing 18 of 32 passes for 136 yards, only 4.3 yards per attempt.

He was sacked four times and forced out of the pocket numerous others while the Raiders’ defensive line physically dominated the Chiefs’ offensive line.

“Everything,” offensive lineman Eric Winston responded Monday when asked what went wrong offensively. “You can’t point the finger at one guy. We didn’t open up (running lanes) at all. We didn’t (pass) protect at all.”

That left Quinn forced to hurry several throws. He was hit particularly hard on a fourth-down incomplete pass to Jon Baldwin with more than nine minutes left.

Quinn’s rib injury comes seven weeks after he departed a 26-16 home loss against the Raiders because of a concussion — a game in which he attempted to continue playing before players and coaches spotted his symptoms. He missed the following two games, in San Diego and Pittsburgh, and Matt Cassel started in his place.

With Quinn under center, the Chiefs have accumulated seven straight scoreless quarters since Jamaal Charles’ 80-yard touchdown run on the first play of a 30-7 loss to Cleveland a week ago.

The Raiders have presented a particularly bad matchup for the Chiefs this season. After entering Sunday allowing a league-high 31 points per game, they shut out the Chiefs, holding them to 119 total yards.

“They haven’t exactly lit the world on fire,” Winston said, “but for whatever reason, we haven’t fared too well against them.”

Whoever lines up under center Sunday against the Colts will require an improved performance from a receiving corps that left much to be desired against the Raiders. After Dexter McCluster, who caught seven passes, the remaining Chiefs wideouts — Devon Wylie, Jamar Newsome and Baldwin — combined for two catches on 10 targets.

“(Separation) seems to be the problem with all of our receivers — against the Raiders anyway,” Crennel said.

AussieChiefsFan
12-18-2012, 02:02 AM
http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af40/strale281/kermit-bale-nod.gif

KCrockaholic
12-18-2012, 02:04 AM
Do IT! We can't let Indy be a trap game. Must lose! Not that Quinn doesn't give a worse chance.

NJChiefsFan
12-18-2012, 02:09 AM
Do IT! We can't let Indy be a trap game. Must lose! Not that Quinn doesn't give a worse chance.

Yeah I worry about the unknown. I am not saying Stanzi will turn anything around but we know for a fact that Quinn won't.

AussieChiefsFan
12-18-2012, 02:14 AM
Yeah I worry about the unknown. I am not saying Stanzi will turn anything around but we know for a fact that Quinn won't.Not a good situation for him. He either wins and makes the fans angry at him for screwing them outta the #1 pick, or he losses and damages his league image, not that he has one, but I assume he'd want to start somewhere one day.

KCrockaholic
12-18-2012, 02:15 AM
Not a good situation for him. He either wins and makes the fans angry at him for screwing them outta the #1 pick, or he losses and damages his league image, not that he has one, but I assume he'd want to start somewhere one day.

Or it turns out ok for him, he has a decent game, and we still lose, because we aren't beating Andrew Luck, and everybody's happy.

AussieChiefsFan
12-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Or it turns out ok for him, he has a decent game, and we still lose, because we aren't beating Andrew Luck, and everybody's happy.Yea the perfect situation is he runs for 200+ yrds per game from now but we still lose out.

Count Zarth
12-18-2012, 03:00 AM
Stanzi is sure to go 0-2, but also perhaps could make a few plays and give himself a shot to remain on the roster next year. Start him.

Guru
12-18-2012, 03:25 AM
shit

mdchiefsfan
12-18-2012, 03:26 AM
Print em!

Marcellus
12-18-2012, 03:55 AM
I think he should play Stanzi to cap of the QB shitfest that has been the last few years. (4 years actually)

2011 - Cassel, Palko, Orton

2012 - Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi

= 2013 Complete house cleaning

ChiefMojo
12-18-2012, 04:59 AM
I'll be damned! They may actually go with Stanzi and NOT go back to Cassel? Pioli must really not be in power. :P

InChiefsHell
12-18-2012, 05:05 AM
Wow. No mention of Cassel in the article at all. How far we have come...

sodcat
12-18-2012, 05:44 AM
Wow! Poor Stanzi. I wonder who the 4th string qb is and next in line for a beatdown with our o-line!

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2012, 05:49 AM
I'm officially worried. Fantasy football championship is this weekend and my opponent has Indy's defense on his team.

:cuss:

BoneKrusher
12-18-2012, 05:52 AM
does RAC know how the injury happened?

mdchiefsfan
12-18-2012, 05:53 AM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/stanzi7.gif

thanks gochiefs

'Merica!!

King_Chief_Fan
12-18-2012, 06:05 AM
Wow! Poor Stanzi. I wonder who the 4th string qb is and next in line for a beatdown with our o-line!

o line excuses won't cut it. They don't work for the others they won't work for Cantzi. Here is to his major failure next week. If he does well, Pioli will think he has his QBOTF.

rabblerouser
12-18-2012, 06:23 AM
does RAC know how the injury happened?

I really don't think he knows much of anything...I really think he just reads the paper that they put in front of his microphone at the pressers.

Like when he called Russ Hochstein 'Rick...Rich Hockensteen' yesterday, I about spit Naked Juice all over the dash of my truck, because he literally doesn't know how to enunciate his own player's names.

Prolly one of the first times he'd seen Hochstein's name in print, and realized who he was talking about...after he tried to spit the name out a couple times.

RAC doesn't know how Brady Quinn got injured unless the paper in front of the mic says how.

mdchiefsfan
12-18-2012, 06:25 AM
I really don't think he knows much of anything...I really think he just reads the paper that they put in front of his microphone at the pressers.

Like when he called Russ Hochstein 'Rick...Rich Hockensteen' yesterday, I about spit Naked Juice all over the dash of my truck, because he literally doesn't know how to enunciate his own player's names.

Prolly one of the first times he'd seen Hochstein's name in print, and realized who he was talking about...after he tried to spit the name out a couple times.

RAC doesn't know how Brady Quinn got injured unless the paper in front of the mic says how.

NTTATWWT

bevischief
12-18-2012, 06:29 AM
I'm officially worried. Fantasy football championship is this weekend and my opponent has Indy's defense on his team.

:cuss:

Your screwed.

rabblerouser
12-18-2012, 06:29 AM
NTTATWWT

Why would there be??

Deberg_1990
12-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Stanzi lights it up!

330 yards, 3 TDs and 1 pick.

Chiefs win 27 -21 and miss out on Geno.

displacedinMN
12-18-2012, 06:48 AM
Can't be worse than Palko or Croyle

We have nothing left-give him a shot.

displacedinMN
12-18-2012, 06:48 AM
Stanzi lights it up!

A good conspiracy to let Stanzi keep his job.

mdchiefsfan
12-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Stanzi lights it up!

This would be our luck

TEX
12-18-2012, 06:54 AM
This would be our luck

No chance. Stanzie does not belong in the NFL.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-18-2012, 07:03 AM
No chance. Stanzie does not belong in the NFL.

Well he's the 3rd QB in the worst collection of QB's on the worst team in the NFL... maybe in years... so his status as an NFL player is really nothing more than a technicality.

Otter
12-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Like being starting genral for the Polish in 1939.

Dayze
12-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Have we locked up the #1 pick yet?

jd1020
12-18-2012, 07:28 AM
If Quinn is out then Stanzi will be active. So there is a possibility that Cassel will get injured and Stanzi will have to play.

SNR
12-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Took long efuckingnough to give him a chance behind Captain Shitforbrains and Lieutenant Musclefag

loochy
12-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Lieutenant Musclepillowbiter

LMAO

BoneKrusher
12-18-2012, 07:30 AM
Took long e****ingnough to give him a chance behind Captain Shitforbrains and Lieutenant Musclepillowbiter

:clap:

SNR
12-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Interestingly, in Japanese culture people who are obsessed with body-building just to look good with their shirts off are considered flamingly gay.

Brady Quinn would be Richard Simmons if he ever went to Japan.

loochy
12-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Interestingly, in Japanese culture people who are obsessed with body-building just to look good with their shirts off are considered flamingly gay.

Brady Quinn would be Richard Simmons if he ever went to Japan.

except Brady Quinn still likes girls

scott free
12-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Bout ****ing time, a two game audition isnt too much to ask.

Dave Lane
12-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Yeah I worry about the unknown. I am not saying Stanzi will turn anything around but we know for a fact that Quinn won't.

Broken Quinn is better chance of losing. I only want Stanzi in if we are down by 30 or more.

Chief Roundup
12-18-2012, 07:52 AM

WTF is "Naked Juice"?

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Put your dicks away gentlemen, it ain't happening

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 09:00 AM
WTF is "Naked Juice"?

http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/naked-juice.jpg

alanm
12-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Well he's the 3rd QB in the worst collection of QB's on the worst team in the NFL... maybe in years... so his status as an NFL player is really nothing more than a technicality.Just for argument.. Who is worse off at QB, KC or Arizona?

loochy
12-18-2012, 09:02 AM
WTF is "Naked Juice"?

really expensive juice

http://www.robynsonlineworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2011-10-13_17-36-57_715.jpg

Chief Roundup
12-18-2012, 09:04 AM
http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/naked-juice.jpg

Oh, ok. I just figured it was a slang for something.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Just for argument.. Who is worse off at QB, KC or Arizona?

KC because we're KC.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 09:21 AM
really expensive juice

http://www.robynsonlineworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2011-10-13_17-36-57_715.jpg

It's fucking good though.

boogblaster
12-18-2012, 09:24 AM
ok .. start the kid .....

Frazod
12-18-2012, 09:27 AM
They can start McCluster at QB for all I care. Fucking clowns.

Detoxing
12-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Guys, this is a bad thing.

This means that the front office is trying to see what they have in Stanzi.

As if....they were preparing for next season....

uh huh....Tin foil cap activated.

SNR
12-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Guys, this is a bad thing.

This means that the front office is trying to see what they have in Stanzi.

As if....they were preparing for next season....

uh huh....Tin foil cap activated.

Dude, the North Koreans have already fired Pioli. They're just waiting for the right time.

LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE!!!

King_Chief_Fan
12-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Just for argument.. Who is worse off at QB, KC or Arizona? or Jets?

Reerun_KC
12-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Oh please make this happen...

crossbow
12-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Settle down, Joe Montana would look like a chump with our receivers. Nobody can win with this stable of losers. Does Baldwin even run routes or does he just go out there and free lance? He looks awful. Our world famous midget crew couldn't catch a first down. Our tight ends look good but they have about zero YAC so far this year. We will lose because we are the worse team in football history. I realy feel sorry for Quinn. He had no chance and neither will Stanzi.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Stanzi starting is the only thing that can make this game interesting to watch imo.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Settle down, Joe Montana would look like a chump with our receivers. Nobody can win with this stable of losers. Does Baldwin even run routes or does he just go out there and free lance? He looks awful. Our world famous midget crew couldn't catch a first down. Our tight ends look good but they have about zero YAC so far this year. We will lose because we are the worse team in football history. I realy feel sorry for Quinn. He had no chance and neither will Stanzi.

This is pretty much true. It could be exciting for Stanzi to get his first career start, then when he considers his weapons he may just say "nah I'm good with the clipboard."

DJ's left nut
12-18-2012, 09:49 AM
NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

If Quinn is hurt, it has to be Cassel.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-18-2012, 09:49 AM
On the other hand we could see the beginning of the someday-to-be-famous Stanzi to Newsome combination. One day they could talk about it along with Montana to Rice... Marino to Duper... Manning to Wayne... Grbac to Alexander...

wazu
12-18-2012, 09:52 AM
This move comes about 14 games too late.

DJ's left nut
12-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Well he's the 3rd QB in the worst collection of QB's on the worst team in the NFL... maybe in years... so his status as an NFL player is really nothing more than a technicality.

In Pioil's defense, the Lindley/Skelton duo in Arizona is worse than Cassel/Quinn.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-18-2012, 09:56 AM
In Pioil's defense, the Lindley/Skelton duo in Arizona is worse than Cassel/Quinn.

Meh they have more wins.

crossbow
12-18-2012, 09:58 AM
It would be fun to watch Stanzi just to get a feel for his mechanics, accuracy, arm strength, and timing. Could be interesting to see.

crossbow
12-18-2012, 10:01 AM

Sorry, not piling on you but pioli has no defense because Casselgate trumped every other move he hade. He destoyed an entire franchise because of Cassel. Hard to do but he did it.

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 10:02 AM

I cant believe some of the shit people in this board shovel down.

The problem is the qb or play calling or both. F no they cant get separation when they run 4 yard routes. They don't go down field cuz the qb can't make that throw, or they are afraid to let them try.

Daboli sucks for one our qbs suck as well.

Crennel just won't say his qbs & OC suck.

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Admit is a better word...

WayneBowe
12-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Sorry, not piling on you but pioli has no defense because Casselgate trumped every other move he hade. He destoyed an entire franchise because of Cassel. Hard to do but he did it.

:clap:

Coogs
12-18-2012, 10:09 AM
It would be fun to watch Stanzi just to get a feel for his mechanics, accuracy, arm strength, and timing. Could be interesting to see.

Post a couple of wins... and we don't need a QB early next draft. No thanks. If he wasn't good enough for the brass to even suit up during this crappy season, keep him in street clothes the last two weeks too.

crossbow
12-18-2012, 10:16 AM
I cant believe some of the shit people in this board shovel down.

The problem is the qb or play calling or both. F no they cant get separation when they run 4 yard routes. They don't go down field cuz the qb can't make that throw, or they are afraid to let them try.

Daboli sucks for one our qbs suck as well.

Crennel just won't say his qbs & OC suck.

I have seen passes that were perfectly placed but the receiver adjusted his route so the ball went where it was supposed to be but the guy wasn't there to catch it. Deep patterns that would have been for a score but Baldwin for some reason slowed down while running under the ball so it ended up going too far for him to catch. WTF is that about? Why did you slow down? Quinn can't know you are going to do that? And yes, we have a horrible OC. Daboli has no creativity. He sucks. Him and Pioli should be forever bonded together as punishment for what they have done here.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Post a couple of wins... and we don't need a QB early next draft. No thanks. If he wasn't good enough for the brass to even suit up during this crappy season, keep him in street clothes the last two weeks too.

If Quinn is even remotely healthy, he'll play. This is his last chance in the NFL and he's not going to go to the bench quietly.

That being said, we may not have a choice - if Quinn can't go, who else plays? Cassel?

There's a better chance of winning with Cassel than with Stanzi. I know nobody wants to hear that but it's the truth.

Count Zarth
12-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Shit, there's a better chance of winning with Cassel than QUINN.

Quinn is horrible and worse than Cassel in every measurable statistic. People don't want to hear it but that's the truth.

Better arm, but big fucking deal.

dallaschiefsfan
12-18-2012, 10:29 AM
With as little prep and reps as they've given Stanzi this year, there's no way he upsets our chances at losing out. The win could be seeing if he has enough raw talent to be our backup next year. Otherwise, I see no choice but to draft two QB's in the first 4-5 rounds. The position is just so vital that we need every chance to get it right.

ROYC75
12-18-2012, 10:38 AM
With as little prep and reps as they've given Stanzi this year, there's no way he upsets our chances at losing out. The win could be seeing if he has enough raw talent to be our backup next year. Otherwise, I see no choice but to draft two QB's in the first 4-5 rounds. The position is just so vital that we need every chance to get it right.

Uh, nothing later than Rd 1 & Rd 3 at the most.

Rd 4 & 5 is a wish on lesser talent. Slim pickings.

dallaschiefsfan
12-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Uh, nothing later than Rd 1 & Rd 3 at the most.

Rd 4 & 5 is a wish on lesser talent. Slim pickings.

I'm actually trying to be more realistic. Because if it was me...I'd do what the Cowboys did back in the 90's and draft 1st and 2nd round QB's. Steve Walsh never amounted to anything, but taking Aikman and Walsh was a smart move then I'd be elated if we made a similar type move.

whoman69
12-18-2012, 11:32 AM

Go ahead and pile on. That's what we do here.

whoman69
12-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Until I hear that Stanzi has been announced as starter, I'm not buying it. Cassel will start or Quinn will limp out there.

scho63
12-18-2012, 12:31 PM
If Quinn is hurt and Cassel starts instead, there is zero chance Stanzi is here next year. He must be SOOOOOOO bad to not get any snaps on a 2-12 team.

Another wasted pick who is only taking up roster space

BossChief
12-18-2012, 12:35 PM
He would be a perfect backup to Geno.

DeezNutz
12-18-2012, 12:37 PM
He would be a perfect backup to Geno.

Based on everything we saw in preseason and all of the reports from training camp, this is absolutely untrue.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 12:40 PM
If Quinn is hurt and Cassel starts instead, there is zero chance Stanzi is here next year. He must be SOOOOOOO bad to not get any snaps on a 2-12 team.

Another wasted pick who is only taking up roster space

I love how everybody assumes that

1) Romeo is completely inept
2) Pioli makes personnel moves out of spite

while simultaneously assuming that

3) Stanzi sucks

All 3 of those things CANNOT all be true simultaneously.

ROYC75
12-18-2012, 12:48 PM

3) Stanzi sucks

Assuming is the norm around this place.

DeezNutz
12-18-2012, 01:04 PM

3) Stanzi sucks

Why? Yes they can be.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Why? Yes they can be.

I worded it wrong. Sorry.

The point is that if you believe that the staff is inept, then how can you just assume Stanzi sucks?

Either they know how to evaluate players or they don't.

People assume that Romeo is clueless and Pioli forced the coaching staff to play Cassel. Essentially, people believe that this team made roster after roster move without ANY regard for a player's actual talent.

But somehow, suddenly, the reason Stanzi isn't playing isn't because of the above, it's because HE, and only HE, sucks.

There's a logical incongruence there.

SNR
12-18-2012, 01:30 PM
People aren't being rational right now. They want Stanzi cut like he wasted 4 years of their football-watching lives.

He's not fucking Matt Cassel. He's done nothing wrong.

He absolutely deserves to be back with the team this training camp. Draft Geno, get another backup, and see if he sinks or swims.

People want him to get cut so they can get enjoyment out of it. Don't be douchebags. Again, Matt Cassel is the one who has fucked shit up. Not Stanzi.

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 01:34 PM
People aren't being rational right now. They want Stanzi cut like he wasted 4 years of their football-watching lives.

He's not ****ing Matt Cassel. He's done nothing wrong.

He absolutely deserves to be back with the team this training camp. Draft Geno, get another backup, and see if he sinks or swims.

People want him to get cut so they can get enjoyment out of it. Don't be douchebags. Again, Matt Cassel is the one who has ****ed shit up. Not Stanzi.

Wrong. I want him gone because he sucks. He sucked in college & he sucks bad enough he can't make the field. Wasted pick from piloli for being a buddy.

DeezNutz
12-18-2012, 01:34 PM

He's not ****ing Matt Cassel. He's done nothing wrong.

People want him to get cut so they can get enjoyment out of it. Don't be douchebags. Again, Matt Cassel is the one who has ****ed shit up. Not Stanzi.

Almost every report out of training camp said he looked like complete and utter shit. Then, he went ahead and verified those reports when he took the field in preseason.

Personally, I couldn't care less if he's with the team next year or not, but let's not pretend that there's some irrational Stanzi hate here. To this point, he's looked like most 5th-round QBs, irrelevant sacks of shit.

Count Zarth
12-18-2012, 01:38 PM
You're all wrong. Stanzi threw the most beautiful incomplete passes in Chiefs history during the 2011 preseason.

mcaj22
12-18-2012, 01:40 PM
did you guys ever think Stanzi just sucks like 90 percent of all the other Pioli draft picks

i fail to see why guys like Baldwin, Stanzi, Jalil Brown, McCluster, Moeaki and every other shit turd pick gets a free press protection by homers around here. Yes they have done nothing wrong, but it is clear these guys are JUST ANOTHER GUY. They have no impact whatsoever and the team clearly goes backwards with him. Every team in the NFL has tons of players like this, the only difference is, the good teams usually cut them quicker when they dont produce. The Chiefs give everyone a 4 year free pass trial basis

SNR
12-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Almost every report out of training camp said he looked like complete and utter shit. Then, he went ahead and verified those reports when he took the field in preseason.

Personally, I couldn't care less if he's with the team next year or not, but let's not pretend that there's some irrational Stanzi hate here. To this point, he's looked like most 5th-round QBs, irrelevant sacks of shit.

Looked great to me in his first preseason. Second preseason for some reason the floor dropped out.

Do you now how many terrible players come to an average NFL training camp? Tons.

The guy is already under contract. Take four guys along. Spend your last undrafted rookie spot on another backup center instead of a QB. Like it even fucking matters.

It's irrational to cut him before the new regime starts.

mcaj22
12-18-2012, 01:44 PM
actually it is very rational that a new coach/GM regime comes in and cleans house/purges the roster before FA/Draft even starts. Guys like Stanzi wont be protected and get a free pass anymore because its a Pioli pick and Master Pioli sets the gameday rosters and determines who gets cut and who doesnt. He will be gone, and guy like McCluster and Baldwin will have to actually earn their spots and not just have them given to them by deactivating Breaston, a clearly 10x better player.

HemiEd
12-18-2012, 01:45 PM
I would be excited to watch a Chiefs game again if Stanzi is playing and isn't totally handcuffed by DaBoll.

SNR
12-18-2012, 01:52 PM
actually it is very rational that a new coach/GM regime comes in and cleans house/purges the roster before FA/Draft even starts. Guys like Stanzi wont be protected and get a free pass anymore because its a Pioli pick and Master Pioli sets the gameday rosters and determines who gets cut and who doesnt. He will be gone, and guy like McCluster and Baldwin will have to actually earn their spots and not just have them given to them by deactivating Breaston, a clearly 10x better player.

Guys who are invited back to a new training camp don't get "a free pass" you moron. They get a fair try out like all the other new scrubs. There's absolutely zero reason to cut players that have game experience if they just need a new direction in coaching. You don't know that, and the new coaching staff doesn't know that. That's why they are brought along.

I'm not going to do the homework, but just take a look at how many 2008 Herm guys who were STILL under contract weren't immediately cut in Todd Haley's first offseason. Real awful abortions like Turk McBride, Brodie Croyle, Jon McGraw, etc. The list goes on.

Get real.

Chocolate Hog
12-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Good this season needs more comedy and now a transgender looking QB who has no business being in the league will add to it.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Wrong. I want him gone because he sucks. He sucked in college & he sucks bad enough he can't make the field. Wasted pick from piloli for being a buddy.

ROFL

Talk about opinions from left field...

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Dayze
12-18-2012, 02:23 PM
as long as we lose, I don't care.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 02:24 PM
did you guys ever think Stanzi just sucks like 90 percent of all the other Pioli draft picks

Absolutely.

On the flip side, do you think it's possible that he wasn't going to see the field no matter what he did, due to the utter incompetence on the sideline and arrogance in the front office?

One idea is no more true than the other.

The only FACT we have is that he hasn't played.

bevischief
12-18-2012, 02:28 PM

This.

mcaj22
12-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Guys who are invited back to a new training camp don't get "a free pass" you moron. They get a fair try out like all the other new scrubs. There's absolutely zero reason to cut players that have game experience if they just need a new direction in coaching. You don't know that, and the new coaching staff doesn't know that. That's why they are brought along.

I'm not going to do the homework, but just take a look at how many 2008 Herm guys who were STILL under contract weren't immediately cut in Todd Haley's first offseason. Real awful abortions like Turk McBride, Brodie Croyle, Jon McGraw, etc. The list goes on.

Get real.

you clearly read that wrong lol

Dayze
12-18-2012, 02:34 PM
the last game, after we've locked up the #1 pick; I'd like to see a different player at QB per series. Though, McCLuster makes Flutie look like Manute Bol

and I bet Hillis throws like a girl

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 02:38 PM
ROFL

Talk about opinions from left field...

ROFL ROFL ROFL

You live in this wonderful state, you know damn well he did

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 02:42 PM
You live in this wonderful state, you know damn well he did

Yeah, single-handedly beating Michigan State and leading the team to a BCS Bowl win...he sure sucked alright.

SNR
12-18-2012, 02:44 PM

Pretty much

ptlyon
Yeah, single-handedly beating Michigan State and leading the team to a BCS Bowl win...he sure sucked alright.

You seem to forget all the choking he did. But thats ok for people who like rose colored glasses

SNR
you clearly read that wrong lol

Sorry. I'm still in rage mode from my encounter with burt last night

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 02:49 PM
You seem to forget all the choking he did. But thats ok for people who like rose colored glasses

No, I haven't. I never said he was great, I just said he did NOT suck.

You're mixed up friend.

Sorry that Stanzi ran over your dog or fucked your girlfriend or whatever.

mcaj22
12-18-2012, 02:54 PM

i do think there will be a difference from 2009 and next year in terms of roster overhaul

i understand that tons of turds were left on the team in 2009. But I think for the culture to change this time (having gotten way worse in 4 years going backwards, for essentially another rebuild so 8 years to rebuild a rebuild in total) but for the culture to change I think a roster overhaul is order

you dont go 2-14 anymore and not have a complete roster overhaul if you want to try and be competitve and make a change

I just think a QB is coming, (Geno) but also with that a great roster purge also to go with that QB.

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 03:01 PM
No, I haven't. I never said he was great, I just said he did NOT suck.

You're mixed up friend.

Sorry that Stanzi ran over your dog or ****ed your girlfriend or whatever.

htis - love this sparring we do - guess I will have to agree to disagree as I have to blast soon.

What I am reading however is you can't answer why he hasn't seen the field, & for some reason don't seem to care. I however, & many others on this board do.

Sorter
12-18-2012, 03:08 PM

Jesus, those two guys are morons. No wonder they came from the same parent.

niblet
12-18-2012, 03:12 PM
What I am reading however is you can't answer why he hasn't seen the field, & for some reason don't seem to care. I however, & many others on this board do.

We're Chiefs fans and we're using playing time as an indicator of a quarterback's skills?

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 03:16 PM
htis - love this sparring we do - guess I will have to agree to disagree as I have to blast soon.

Yeah, I actually did answer, either in this thread or the other where we're bickering. :)

Stanzi hasn't seen the field because:

1) He's a fifth round draft pick and hasn't done anything spectacular enough to warrant playing time and
2) Our staff and front office has always had their pets, so Stanzi would have had to do something REALLY spectacular, like throw 5 TDs in a preseason game, to see the field.

Chocolate Hog
12-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I actually did answer, either in this thread or the other where we're bickering. :)

1) He's a fifth round draft pick and hasn't done anything spectacular enough to warrant playing time and
2) Our staff and front office has always had their pets, so Stanzi would have had to do something REALLY spectacular, like throw 5 TDs in a preseason game, to see the field.

It's probably because he sucks. The excuse that the o-line sucked really didn't fly this past pre-season. Against St.Louis Stanzi looked mentally unprepared and so flustrated they benched him. Benched him during a pre season game against 3rd stringers. If you'll recall the Brady Quinn came in and threw a touchdown with the same scrubs.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 04:16 PM
It's probably because he sucks. The excuse that the o-line sucked really didn't fly this past pre-season. Against St.Louis Stanzi looked mentally unprepared and so flustrated they benched him. Benched him during a pre season game against 3rd stringers. If you'll recall the Brady Quinn came in and threw a touchdown with the same scrubs.

It probably is but to say that he has no business in the NFL is just silly. To say it's 100% for certain that he sucks, given who our GM and HC are, is to completely dismiss alternate possibilities that absolutely DO exist.

Again, if Kirk Cousins can string together a few competent quarters under Mike Shanahan, so could Stanzi.

Does that mean I think he's a HoFer, or even a potential starter? Nope.

SNR
12-18-2012, 04:47 PM
i do think there will be a difference from 2009 and next year in terms of roster overhaul

i understand that tons of turds were left on the team in 2009. But I think for the culture to change this time (having gotten way worse in 4 years going backwards, for essentially another rebuild so 8 years to rebuild a rebuild in total) but for the culture to change I think a roster overhaul is order

you dont go 2-14 anymore and not have a complete roster overhaul if you want to try and be competitve and make a change

I just think a QB is coming, (Geno) but also with that a great roster purge also to go with that QB.

Somebody should do a case study on the Indianapolis Colts. That's a team that let go of a lot of great players (namely veterans who needed new contracts) while still picking and choosing some leftover from the old regime.

Who did they cut? How did those guys get replaced? Etc.

bishop_74
12-18-2012, 04:52 PM

This. There is no doubt in my mind that all of the coaches that have seen Stanzi have not seen what they have liked. He has to be worse than Cassell and Quinn otherwise he would have seen the field. Nothing else makes sense. I highly doubt that if they saw something promising in him they would decide that they would rather not save their jobs by playing him.

ILChief
12-18-2012, 05:04 PM
I used to want Stanzi to play. No we are so close to the first pick I don't want to mess with our momentum

aturnis
12-18-2012, 05:07 PM
One thing anyone needs to remember when considering any QB on this roster is their OC and QB coach. Neither can be trusted with a young QB. Hope they bring in someone good for Geno, b/c they haven't done any of our QB's any favors...

Sorter
12-18-2012, 05:09 PM
I used to want Stanzi to play. No we are so close to the first pick I don't want to mess with our momentum

This. If we were going to see if he was good, it should have been done months ago. Too late.

GloryDayz
12-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Chiefs’ Quinn has rib injury; Crennel says Stanzi is ‘possibility’ for Sunday (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/17/3970498/chiefs-quinn-has-rib-injury-crennel.html)
By SAM McDOWELL
The Kansas City Star
A physical Oakland Raiders defense took its toll on the Chiefs on Sunday for the second time this season.
“Everything,” offensive lineman Eric Winston responded Monday when asked what went wrong offensively. “You can’t point the finger at one guy. We didn’t open up (running lanes) at all. We didn’t (pass) protect at all.”

Eric shedding blame!!!!!!! LOL

Aidan
12-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Cassel should be the starter.