PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Would you be okay with ONE MORE year of this bullshit for Manziel and/or picks?

Stanley Nickels
12-18-2012, 02:02 PM
This may have been covered in currently existing threads, but I've been thinking about this a lot. Would you be okay with the Chiefs trading down or surrendering their first-round pick, in exchange for a first rounder next year (along with a second + either this year or next)?

We could pick up one of the many "slightly above average" guys with our second rounder this year, and we'd likely be in position to draft Manziel outright next year, or combine our firsts to move up to get him? Alternatively, this could of course apply to other QBs who see their stock rocket (personally, I think Aaron Murray at Georgia would be a great pick, but the jury's still out; Louisville's Bridgewater and VT's L Thomas also come to mind).

So, what say you? Could you tolerate that scenario? Would you tolerate it if we had a new coach and GM, and the trade back this year was very transparent about our motives for next year's draft?

In b4 Q

Chocolate Hog
This thread sucks

Dayze
No

O.city
12-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Maziel will not be a successful NFL QB. Thats right, I'm saying it.

loochy
12-18-2012, 02:03 PM
no

stop delaying the future

if the QB we draft sucks, we can have another 1st next year

KCrockaholic
12-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Worst idea ever. JMO though.

O.city
12-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Tim Tebow was great in college too, lets draft him.

Enough with this fucking bullshit.

teedubya
Manziel is a fucking freshman... we'd need to wait 2 years. LOL. WTF?

Dayze
not directed at you Stanley, but this fanbase as a whole needs to dive in and take a risk. There's never a 'can't miss' prospect.

and they need to shit can the 'value' in the draft BS. Value hasn't got us shit.

jd1020
12-18-2012, 02:06 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

"ONE MORE year..."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

How many years have you been saying "next year?"

Pestilence
12-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Go fuck yourself.

Fuck Manziel as well.

loochy
12-18-2012, 02:07 PM
this thread almost deserves negirep

Stanley Nickels
Worst idea ever. JMO though.

That's fine. I agree with you, to an extent. The thread was mostly to entertain the idea, but I'd probably say "stop relying on the future and focus on the present". Which, ironically, is the opposite of what most posters on here thought of the Royals' trade for Shields.

The thought I had is, if NYJ have immense public pressure to draft a QB this year, they'll likely need to move up (even though that'll mark the second time in four years they'll have done that) and we could stand to reap significant benefits, and there is no single "absolute, can't miss" QB prospect in this year's class.

teedubya
The Chiefs should change their URL from KCCHiefs.com to MaybeNextYear.com

Flachief58
Please wrap your mouth around your car's tailpipe and inhale deeply till I tell you to stop. Ready, set, GO!

Stanley Nickels
Manziel is a ****ing freshman... we'd need to wait 2 years. LOL. WTF?

He's already at second in most 2014 NFL mock drafts, including Walter's: http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

Count Zarth
12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Manziel will be a second round pick AT BEST when he comes out.

Stanley Nickels
12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Tim Tebow was great in college too, lets draft him.

Enough with this ****ing bullshit.

Okay, what about ANY QB in next year's class? We'd still end up with one in this year's class, be able to draft a nearly as capable QB in the second this year, and still gain multiple picks.

O.city
12-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Answer me a question assholes, how many years are there a can't miss prospect?

Enough with this bullshit.

loochy
12-18-2012, 02:10 PM

then the chiefs change their colors to white and blue and their transformation to the KC Royals will be complete

loochy
He's already at second in most 2014 NFL mock drafts, including Walter's: http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

:spock:

Guru
JFC

Stanley Nickels
Manziel will be a second round pick AT BEST when he comes out.

Then read the entire thing. What about Bridgewater, Murray, or Thomas? These guys will likely be near the top next year. This year's class doesn't have any significant standout, but NFL teams are under increasing pressure to draft a signal caller (admittedly, the Chiefs are one of the biggest examples of that) and we could gain significantly and see how a second-rounder this year fares. If he fails, we'll likely be in position to draft anyway, and we could pick up extra pieces with the ammo received this year, and have a backup in place (2013 second rounder) for whatever QB we draft.

O.city
12-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Okay, what about ANY QB in next year's class? We'd still end up with one in this year's class, be able to draft a nearly as capable QB in the second this year, and still gain multiple picks.

If you trade picks and wait till the second round, you are taking a chance that a QB you like falls to you. Why the fuck would yo do that?

Thats how you end up with the 5th best project QB in tihs class.

Stanley Nickels
12-18-2012, 02:11 PM
:spock:

...Yeah. That's the draft following the one upcoming...

DC.chief
12-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Fuck this and Fuck Manziel. This thread is gayer than 8 dudes blowing 9 dudes

Count Zarth
Then read the entire thing. What about Bridgewater, Murray, or Thomas?

Do you really think those assholes are better than Geno Smith?

Murray is probably going to declare this year.

2014 QBs suck horse dong.

Stanley Nickels
If you trade picks and wait till the second round, you are taking a chance that a QB you like falls to you. Why the **** would yo do that?

Thats how you end up with the 5th best project QB in tihs class.

Okay, and if he sucks, you'll be in position anyway to draft a better QB next year. You then have a backup (unless you're interested in keeping Quinn or $10.5MM Cassel) and an extra first to spend on another piece. This team isn't a QB away from a Super Bowl, despite what many of us may "feel".

CaliforniaChief
Geno Smith is a better NFL QB prospect than Manziel, IMO. So no, I wouldn't do it.

O.city
This is fucking depressing.

Stanley, take the Luck goggles off. This years class is as good as any class prior to or other than last year.

DJ's left nut
12-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Manziel will be a crap NFL QB. Doesn't have the size or arm strength to accomplish anything.

Don't even bother with Flutie comparisons - his arm isn't even that strong.

Kid's a great college quarterback. So was Charlie Ward.

No, 1000 times, no.

DJ's left nut
12-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Do you really think those assholes are better than Geno Smith?

Murray is probably going to declare this year.

2014 QBs suck horse dong.

This.

Smith is a very good QB prospect, Wilson is a good one as well.

Luck and RGIII absolutely ruined draft prognostication. The 2014 class, even with Murray, will be trash. It will be what people are trying to claim this year's class is.

O.city
12-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Okay, and if he sucks, you'll be in position anyway to draft a better QB next year. You then have a backup (unless you're interested in keeping Quinn or $10.5MM Cassel) and an extra first to spend on another piece. This team isn't a QB away from a Super Bowl, despite what many of us may "feel".

What Qb will be better next year?

Stop listening to Kiper and watch for yourself.

You start building with a QB. Then you build around him.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 02:15 PM
I love this place!

Detoxing
12-18-2012, 02:16 PM
this thread almost deserves negirep

Don't be a neger.

O.city
12-18-2012, 02:16 PM
I fucking hate this place.

mr. tegu
12-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Probably should have thought about this prior to posting. Bad thread is bad.

Dayze
12-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Don't be a neger.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwo3qb7aWe1r75gtxo1_500.png

Flachief58
12-18-2012, 02:19 PM
This team isn't a QB away from a Super Bowl, despite what many of us may "feel".

No but, a franchise QB (potentially) and quality coaching will go a LONG way toward fixing this mess. See: Skins, colts & seahawks

Stanley Nickels
12-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Manziel will be a crap NFL QB. Doesn't have the size or arm strength to accomplish anything.

Don't even bother with Flutie comparisons - his arm isn't even that strong.

Kid's a great college quarterback. So was Charlie Ward.

No, 1000 times, no.

Okay, the title is admittedly loaded to imply that I have a hard-on for Manziel. He was just an example. My point is this...

Let's say you have the 2013 prospects rated as:
Geno Smith 88
Matt Barkley 83
Tyler Wilson 83
Tyler Bray 80
Glennon 78

Okay, so Smith rates higher than the others. But, by all accounts, this is a below-average class. Why not capitalize on the increasing pressure put on teams like NYJ and Philly, and trade for a first next year, plus picks. You could likely still draft a QB with above-average skill, and use the compensatory picks to complement the team in other areas, and draft another QB next year? If the second-rounder sucks, you'll be in position to draft a better QB next year, and if you're top-five and there's a can't-miss prospect, use the top-five plus an acquired first rounder to move up.. The latter is a situation of hedged bets that doesn't end up netting anything; the alternatives all seem positive and help build the team.

ndws
12-18-2012, 02:20 PM

godhateschiefs.com

Stanley Nickels
12-18-2012, 02:21 PM
No but, a franchise QB (potentially) and quality coaching will go a LONG way toward fixing this mess. See: Skins, colts & seahawks

I can't speak for the Seahawks' situation, but nobody in this class (and, to be fair at the expense of my point, probably not in 2014 either) will improve a team like RGIII or Luck.

bevischief
12-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Just go drink some antifreeze.

Stanley Nickels
12-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Just go drink some antifreeze.

Will do, champ. I apologize for entertaining a thought by asking for feedback.

O.city
12-18-2012, 02:24 PM
So if we are trading back, who are teams trading up to get? A QB, of course.

And our biggest gaping hole happens to be the QB, right?

This is fucking depressing that someone thinks this way.

There isn't going to be an Andrew Luck come out for the next decade or more. It's time to draft the best prospect in this class, who happens to be a pretty damn good prospect, and move on.

Dayze
12-18-2012, 02:24 PM
I just think the Chiefs are in a position they've never been in before Mr. Nickels; and they need to capitalize on it

loochy
12-18-2012, 02:26 PM
I can't speak for the Seahawks' situation, but nobody in this class (and, to be fair at the expense of my point, probably not in 2014 either) will improve a team like RGIII or Luck.

That's like saying that $50 doesn't help pay off your debt just because it isn't $100

DeezNutz
12-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Serious thread?

No, no, no, no. A billion times no.

Flachief58
12-18-2012, 02:29 PM

True but I'm not willing to wait another ten years for the next luck or RG3 to come along. We are in position to get the best qb available this year and need to (finally) pull the goddamn trigger.

DJ's left nut
12-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Okay, the title is admittedly loaded to imply that I have a hard-on for Manziel. He was just an example. My point is this...

Let's say you have the 2013 prospects rated as:
Geno Smith 88
Matt Barkley 83
Tyler Wilson 83
Tyler Bray 80
Glennon 78

Okay, so Smith rates higher than the others. But, by all accounts, this is a below-average class. Why not capitalize on the increasing pressure put on teams like NYJ and Philly, and trade for a first next year, plus picks. You could likely still draft a QB with above-average skill, and use the compensatory picks to complement the team in other areas, and draft another QB next year? If the second-rounder sucks, you'll be in position to draft a better QB next year, and if you're top-five and there's a can't-miss prospect, use the top-five plus an acquired first rounder to move up.. The latter is a situation of hedged bets that doesn't end up netting anything; the alternatives all seem positive and help build the team.

For me? Because I completely disagree that this is a below average class.

This is a below average class compared to 2012. If this exact class would've come out in 2011, people would have been very high on it.

And waiting until 2014 is NOT going to yield you a better draft class. That's where you're so twisted here. There isn't a Luck waiting next season. Next year's class is going to be significantly worse than this seasons.

Your suggestion is way too fraught with potential disasters. There are 8 QB-needy teams in this year's draft and any one of them could go QB in the first. Jesus, did anyone see Ponder or Locker going when they did? Gabbert? The 1st round just roars through QBs.

So what if the best of the lot is someone like Nassib or Manual in the 2nd round? !@#$. That. All in the name of waiting for a 2014 class that appears to be complete trash? So then what? Do we have this same stupid !@#$ing conversation in 2014 and talk about waiting until 2015?

No way. This is the most important position in sports and ours is currently occupied by clowns. We have a chance to take the best available one in the entire 2013 class.

We'd be fools to pass on it that.

KCUnited
12-18-2012, 02:30 PM
godhateschiefs.com

fixatedwithdraftingmidgets.com

Stanley Nickels
12-18-2012, 02:31 PM
So if we are trading back, who are teams trading up to get? A QB, of course.

And our biggest gaping hole happens to be the QB, right?

This is ****ing depressing that someone thinks this way.

There isn't going to be an Andrew Luck come out for the next decade or more. It's time to draft the best prospect in this class, who happens to be a pretty damn good prospect, and move on.

I've said it before, but: I lean towards drafting Smith this year. I don't expect a Luck to emerge miraculously next year. This was just pondering. I'm fine with the responses thus far; I kind of expected it.

To address your question about who would draft up: NY Jets. Don't underestimate the persuasive force of ESPN. They are not just journalists anymore, considering the vested interest they have in the New York market. People who have defected from "the mothership"- Dan Patrick being the most notable- will tell you that there are concerted efforts by management to affect change in cities that carry a significant viewing market, to improve ratings.

Alternatively, Philly. That fanbase, and the local media, are savage. Public outcry and pressure can force a GMs hand. Again, to be fair, there's a lot of public outcry here, so it is somewhat similar. But nothing close to what it can be/ already is in Philly

Chief Roundup
JFC NO What a fucking moronic thought.

Garcia Bronco
yes

Stanley Nickels
12-18-2012, 02:32 PM
yes

ROFL

htismaqe
yes

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts

:(

Those cocksuckers already have us in the top 5 AGAIN next year.

Flachief58
12-18-2012, 02:33 PM
yes

You would say that.

Fucker :evil:

Mr. Laz
12-18-2012, 02:34 PM
wait 2 years for Doug Flutie?

umm ... no

Mr. Flopnuts
I love this place!

ROFL

O.city
I've said it before, but: I lean towards drafting Smith this year. I don't expect a Luck to emerge miraculously next year. This was just pondering. I'm fine with the responses thus far; I kind of expected it.

To address your question about who would draft up: NY Jets. Don't underestimate the persuasive force of ESPN. They are not just journalists anymore, considering the vested interest they have in the New York market. People who have defected from "the mothership"- Dan Patrick being the most notable- will tell you that there are concerted efforts by management to affect change in cities that carry a significant viewing market, to improve ratings.

Alternatively, Philly. That fanbase, and the local media, are savage. Public outcry and pressure can force a GMs hand. Again, to be fair, there's a lot of public outcry here, so it is somewhat similar. But nothing close to what it can be/ already is in Philly

The reason the tradeback for the Rams was so great last year, was because they already had a QB and needed to build around him.

Thats where you start. It's not intelligent to think otherwise at this point.

DJ's left nut
12-18-2012, 02:35 PM
:(

Those cocksuckers already have us in the top 5 AGAIN next year.

I'd be willing to tank again to be able to pair Chocolate Pain with Marqise Lee.

JIMP. Way JIMP.

Chief Roundup
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

"ONE MORE year..."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

How many years have you been saying "next year?"

Almost as long as the Cubs fans have been saying that shit.

Demonpenz
We need another year like this one like Aaliyah needs another suitcase in her plane.

Stanley Nickels
12-18-2012, 02:36 PM
No way. This is the most important position in sports and ours is currently occupied by clowns. We have a chance to take the best available one in the entire 2013 class.

We'd be fools to pass on it that.

I think this is the trump card. If you fail on this pick-- it's not likely, but always possible-- you'll be in position in 2014 or 2015 to do it again.

It's a weak argument to say that I truly have no opinion on the matter, because there's no accountability to my point if I can dismiss it as simply a musing, but this truly was just a request for feedback.

Stanley Nickels
12-18-2012, 02:37 PM
I'd be willing to tank again to be able to pair Chocolate Pain with Marqise Lee.

JIMP. Way JIMP.

That's how WalterFootball has it at present. Lee is incredible.

SNR
12-18-2012, 02:37 PM
That's fine. I agree with you, to an extent. The thread was mostly to entertain the idea, but I'd probably say "stop relying on the future and focus on the present". Which, ironically, is the opposite of what most posters on here thought of the Royals' trade for Shields.

The thought I had is, if NYJ have immense public pressure to draft a QB this year, they'll likely need to move up (even though that'll mark the second time in four years they'll have done that) and we could stand to reap significant benefits, and there is no single "absolute, can't miss" QB prospect in this year's class.

Tell me about all these players we could draft with those picks.

We'd be getting a Rams-type deal for this pick, right? For this valuable pick that (supposedly) no NFL team wants.

The NFL isn't fucking Madden.

DJ's left nut
12-18-2012, 02:39 PM
The reason the tradeback for the Rams was so great last year, was because they already had a QB and needed to build around him.

Thats where you start. It's not intelligent to think otherwise at this point.

And even then, they may have been wrong to do what they did.

Honestly - wouldn't they have been better off trading Bradford to the Chiefs for their 2nd rounder and using their first on RGIII?

I guess we won't truly know for several more years, but the charge that RGIII has brought to the Washington fanbase would have been huge for the Rams.

You don't !@#$ around with the QB position in this league.

L.A. Chieffan
12-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Manziel is Tebow 2.0

No thanks.

ndws
12-18-2012, 02:41 PM
fixatedwithdraftingmidgets.com

It was a play on the big WBC discussion in another thread

DJ's left nut
12-18-2012, 02:44 PM
This question would actually make a ton of sense next season.

If you're sitting there holding #1 overall with a glaring need at QB and Aaron Murray is the best on the board....along with Jadeveon Clowney. "Do you go through another year of this bullshit" in order to take Clowney over the QB?

Then, and only then, is it worth discussing. You have a legitimate ass-kicker in Clowney that can have almost as significant an impact as a QB could. And you don't have even a Geno Smith available.

Then you take the DE and worry about QB later. But this damn sure isn't the year for it.

bevischief
12-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Will do, champ. I apologize for entertaining a thought by asking for feedback.

Draft planet would have been a better place to bring this up than the Lounge.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Manziel is Tebow 2.0

No thanks.

Except for the fact that Manziel is small enough to ride on Tebow's back like Master Blaster...

Yeah, Tebow 2.0.

Stanley Nickels
12-18-2012, 02:46 PM

Fair point. My bad.

Flachief58
12-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Except for the fact that Manziel is small enough to ride on Tebow's back like Master Blaster...

Yeah, Tebow 2.0.

ROFL

DJ's left nut
12-18-2012, 02:47 PM

Why? The Lounge is draft planet at this point.

Does anyone give a large rat's ass what this team does in weeks 16 and 17? Well, apart from how it will impact our draft position?

Yeah...I didn't think so.

The next Coach, GM and Draft are all that's worth talking about with this team right now.

And poop. Poop threads are always worth talking about.

the Talking Can
12-18-2012, 02:49 PM
This may have been covered in currently existing threads, but I've been thinking about this a lot. Would you be okay with the Chiefs trading down or surrendering their first-round pick, in exchange for a first rounder next year (along with a second + either this year or next)?

We could pick up one of the many "slightly above average" guys with our second rounder this year, and we'd likely be in position to draft Manziel outright next year, or combine our firsts to move up to get him? Alternatively, this could of course apply to other QBs who see their stock rocket (personally, I think Aaron Murray at Georgia would be a great pick, but the jury's still out; Louisville's Bridgewater and VT's L Thomas also come to mind).

So, what say you? Could you tolerate that scenario? Would you tolerate it if we had a new coach and GM, and the trade back this year was very transparent about our motives for next year's draft?

In b4 Q

"trade down..."

"next year...."

"aaron murray"

FUCK MY LIFE, PEOPLE

cut it out, I'm serious

SNR
12-18-2012, 02:49 PM
This question would actually make a ton of sense next season.

If you're sitting there holding #1 overall with a glaring need at QB and Aaron Murray is the best on the board....along with Jadeveon Clowney. "Do you go through another year of this bullshit" in order to take Clowney over the QB?

Then, and only then, is it worth discussing. You have a legitimate ass-kicker in Clowney that can have almost as significant an impact as a QB could. And you don't have even a Geno Smith available.

Then you take the DE and worry about QB later. But this damn sure isn't the year for it.

A brilliant point as usual.

Geno Smith >>>>> Aaron Murray
Jarvis Jones <<<<< Jedeveon Clowney

There's no fucking contest. The decision is obvious.

O.city
12-18-2012, 02:52 PM
And another question, if this class isn't so great, what's going to make a team wanna trade up and draft a QB #1, if they can just sit tight and get one just as good later?

the Talking Can
12-18-2012, 02:52 PM
it's risky, no QB good enough (for a 2-14 team), next year is better, should have drafted last year

well done....

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 02:54 PM
And another question, if this class isn't so great, what's going to make a team wanna trade up and draft a QB #1, if they can just sit tight and get one just as good later?

Asked this same question a few days ago.

Crickets...

Mr. Flopnuts
12-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Asked this same question a few days ago.

Crickets...

"BECAUSE WE WANT THEM TOO!"

O.city
12-18-2012, 02:57 PM
I mean, if you have a solution to trading back and taking another player, I'm all ears. Or even if you wanna stay at 1 and not take a QB, I'm all ears.

Who you take? Who you trade back with and then who you take?

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 02:57 PM
I mean, if you have a solution to trading back and taking another player, I'm all ears. Or even if you wanna stay at 1 and not take a QB, I'm all ears.

Who you take? Who you trade back with and then who you take?

Again, both questions have been asked, more than once.

Crickets...

L.A. Chieffan
12-18-2012, 02:58 PM

Yeah, Tebow 2.0.

I was referring to the hype.

O.city
12-18-2012, 02:59 PM
You wanna sit at 1 and take Teo, a TED backer who will play the 8th or 9th most important position on our defense?

Jarvis Jones, who will be a subpackage player?

You can't take a WR, because, well we know why.

So what are you gonna do?

Flachief58
12-18-2012, 03:02 PM
You wanna sit at 1 and take Teo, a TED backer who will play the 8th or 9th most important position on our defense?

punter :shrug:

O.city
12-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Even if you trade down, who you gonna pick?

A CB? Well there isn't one rated that high. A DE? HA.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Same shit different day

O.city
12-18-2012, 03:07 PM
The league average in the NFL is 22 ppg. We've score that or more 2 this year.

We have an all pro RB, a top 7 or 8 offensive line, a potential top 10 WR. What would you guys suggest is holding us back?

Flachief58
12-18-2012, 03:08 PM

QB is the only pick that makes sense for this team and Geno is the cream of this years crop. It's really quite simple people

scott free
12-18-2012, 03:08 PM
You lost me at meat tornado.

DJ's left nut
12-18-2012, 03:09 PM

That's the dirty little secret about this year's draft.

For all the yack about how it's a "weak QB class"....the QB class is, IMO, as strong or stronger than every other position group out there.

The interior defensive lineman may be a little better, but that's it. It's miserable at the skill positions (RB and WR are as bad as I've seen since I started caring), Jarvis Jones is probably about as good as Whitney Mercillus, I don't see a no-doubt shut-down corner in this draft and there isn't even an impact safety like Barron to be had. There are a couple of intriguing tackles, but not a Joe Thomas type to be certain.

This is the year to take a QB high, if for no other reason than the fact that there isn't a Clowney in any other position group, especially not a high-value position group.

O.city
12-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Had we not taken Poe last year, I could get on board with Star, MAYBE.

DJ's left nut
12-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Had we not taken Poe last year, I could get on board with Star, MAYBE.

Yeah, that's the only other guy I see there.

Had they given up a 3rd to move up and take Tannehill, then you take Star this season and you're in pretty good shape.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 03:14 PM
That's the dirty little secret about this year's draft.

For all the yack about how it's a "weak QB class"....the QB class is, IMO, as strong or stronger than every other position group out there.

The interior defensive lineman may be a little better, but that's it. It's miserable at the skill positions (RB and WR are as bad as I've seen since I started caring), Jarvis Jones is probably about as good as Whitney Mercillus, I don't see a no-doubt shut-down corner in this draft and there isn't even an impact safety like Barron to be had. There are a couple of intriguing tackles, but not a Joe Thomas type to be certain.

This is the year to take a QB high, if for no other reason than the fact that there isn't a Clowney in any other position group, especially not a high-value position group.

This, this, and more this.

Buckweath
12-18-2012, 03:15 PM

I'd take Lotulelei... you can't whiff on every Dline pick.

O.city
12-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Really tho, I'm not sure Poe has more potential to rush the passer than Star. He's a monster inside and he coudl become that, when it comes to rushing the passer, he seems about as raw as Poe was.

O.city
12-18-2012, 03:16 PM

I........Eh.................Nah.....................wai................

Nope, don't have the energy for this.

Sorter
12-18-2012, 03:18 PM

Fuck yes you can. See Chiefs, Kansas City.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Just to be clear, I did make a fanclub thread for the Manziel guys. Sign up here,

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267807

DJ's left nut
12-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Just to be clear, I did make a fanclub thread for the Manziel guys. Sign up here,

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267807

Some Mod you are...

Rain Man
12-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Draft a QB now. Then next year, draft a QB. The year after that, draft another QB. Stop when you have a top-5 NFL QB.

Nothing else matters. The league has been ruined by rules changes. Just put the two quarterbacks out there and have them compete in an accuracy contest, because that's all the NFL is any more.

I'm getting a little disgusted by this if it's not obvious. They've ruined my game.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 03:26 PM

Wait.

You told me before that we shouldn't draft linemen in the middle rounds because we whiff on d-linemen and have no track record?

But you're going to use the SAME argument to SUPPORT drafting one in the FIRST ROUND?

:doh!:

DJ's left nut
12-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Draft a QB now. Then next year, draft a QB. The year after that, draft another QB. Stop when you have a top-5 NFL QB.

Nothing else matters. The league has been ruined by rules changes. Just put the two quarterbacks out there and have them compete in an accuracy contest, because that's all the NFL is any more.

I'm getting a little disgusted by this if it's not obvious. They've ruined my game.

Watch more college ball, that's the route I've taken.

Watching that Sunday night game was just irritating. Clean hit after clean hit was being flagged. This 'defenseless receiver' crap is out of control. If you go up for the damn ball, you get drilled. Next time maybe your QB won't air-mail you.

Yeah, the league is really starting to suck. College football is where I go to see the game as it is intended.

Sorter
12-18-2012, 03:27 PM

Pray for a texans, 49ers, or Vikings SB.

Flachief58
12-18-2012, 03:31 PM

Yep, Shanarat knew what he was doing when he drafted 2 QBs this past april

hometeam
12-18-2012, 03:37 PM
fuck no.

Ebolapox
12-18-2012, 03:38 PM
how about you fuck yourself and die in an aids fire. bad idea. fuck off.

JASONSAUTO
12-18-2012, 03:41 PM
how about you fuck yourself and die in an aids fire. bad idea. fuck off.

this.

Dayze
12-18-2012, 03:43 PM
how about you **** yourself and die in an aids fire. bad idea. **** off.

i think the city ordinance requires a permit for that.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-18-2012, 03:48 PM
....and then when it's time to take him, invent some flaws, trade down, and pimp the next guy we are taking 2 years later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-18-2012, 03:51 PM
aids, antifreeze, fire, etc. :cuss:

warpaint*
12-18-2012, 04:06 PM
no

Dartgod
12-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Holy crap. Not even going to read this entire thread, but even if he wasn't a freshman this year, it's still one of the dumbest ideas ever conceived here. That's saying a lot.

Not enough facepalms available for this thread.

el borracho
12-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Knowing in April that next year will be as senseless and unwatchable as this year has been? No thank you.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Holy crap. Not even going to read this entire thread, but even if he wasn't a freshman this year, it's still one of the dumbest ideas ever conceived here. That's saying a lot.

Not enough facepalms available for this thread.

He's not the first I've heard the idea from. It's definately an idea in the hearts of all true fans.

Gonzo
12-19-2012, 07:52 AM
I think we should trade our whole draft for a cloning machine and put Johnny Unitas' corpse in it.
He'll be good in three years.

Dave Lane
12-19-2012, 07:56 AM
Manziel is a ****ing freshman... we'd need to wait 2 years. LOL. WTF?

He will be available to draft in 2014 so its only a year. That said not only no but fuck no.