PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs CoMoChief has the solution to the QB problem in Kansas City

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 01:36 AM
Hire Andy Reid as a HC. Kick Scott Pioli out the door. Take Cassel, Quinn and Stanzi with him. God what a HORRIBLE QB squad that is. Reid's west coast system will allow these young QB's to succeed early.

Trade for Seahawks' QB Matt Flynn. Assuming we were to someway get a comp 3rd rd pick for losing Brandon Carr, we can give SEA our early 3rd and keep the comp pick.

Rd 1 - Manti Teo ILB - Notre Dame with the #1 overall pick. Why? Because there's no Andrew Luck or RG3 in this draft. Teo was the best player in this draft and very well could be the best LB on this team in a couple seasons. Hali-Teo-Johnson-Houston: Best LB core in the NFL. This guy has a tremendous knack for the game and is a true ballhawker.

Rd2 - Tyler Wilson QB - Arkansas. Some say he won't last til the 2nd rd. I think there's a good possible chance that he will.

Rd3 - Landry Jones QB - Oklahoma. Yup QB and the QB back to back rounds. Get rid of the fucking losers from the previous regime and have a legit #1 QB competition coming into camp next season. Flynn, Wilson, Jones are ALL better than anything we put out on the field this season and it's not even close.

Rd4 - Tyrann Mathieu CB - LSU. Was once the best defensive player in college football. This could be a sleeper HR pick at a major position of need on defense kinda like the Houston pick was. He's 5x the player Arenas is and Arenas doesn't need to be playing on the outside anyways. God the Brandon Carr/Stanford Routt personnel decision really blew up in Pioli's face.

Find a way to sign Ed Reed. One problem with this team is that there's no true veteran leadership. Yes we have veterans on this team and many Probowlers or players that are borderline...but most of the team really doesn't know how to win. Most of these players careers in the NFL have been on the losing end. Ed Reed knows what it takes to win games.

All of a sudden you have a jean creamin' top 10 defense and some way or another, will find our franchise QB with the arms we have in the stable.

Even though I can be an ass on this board, some don't like me....but in all honesty I love posting here, all of you I'm sure are great people, and the best hopes for all of you going into 2013. God bless. :BLVD:

Bewbies
01-01-2013, 01:39 AM
Scott Pioli>>>>>>>>>>> your dumb ass.

KcMizzou
01-01-2013, 01:41 AM
Honestly... I'd take that.

dmahurin
01-01-2013, 01:41 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwxys7gdMl1qii6tmo1_500.gif

The whole thing

jaa1025
01-01-2013, 01:46 AM
Dafuq is this garbage.

Anyone that suggests Teo with the 1st should be banned. Anyone that thinks Wilson will last until the 2nd round should be banned.

Chiefs fans do not deserve the rep that they get for being smart fans.

AussieChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 01:47 AM
Kick Scott Pioli out the door.We can't be this radical.

SPchief
01-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Put down the crack pipe

alnorth
01-01-2013, 01:50 AM
no.

We have not drafted a QB in the first round in 30 years. I don't want some other team's cast-off I don't care who it is. Whether we succeed or fail, it is time to step up and take our swing. That probably means Geno.

KC kid
01-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Scott Pioli>>>>>>>>>>> your dumb ass.

Imon Yourside
01-01-2013, 01:51 AM
I generally like you Como, but this thread has major fail written all over it. Do not want anything but a QB #1 overrall and it must be Smith!

RunKC
01-01-2013, 01:53 AM
Holy shit!

dmahurin
01-01-2013, 01:55 AM
Trade for Seahawks' QB Matt Flynn.

http://guycodeblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/puke.gif

Rd 1 - Manti Teo ILB - Notre Dame with the #1 overall pick.

http://lafinjack.net/images/random/puke.gif

Rd3 - Landry Jones QB - Oklahoma.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g385/milew66623/puke.gif

L.A. Chieffan
01-01-2013, 01:55 AM
Keep Pioli, draft Teo, sign Flacco and Shanahan. Problem solved

cosmo20002
01-01-2013, 02:03 AM
Hire Andy Reid as a HC. Kick Scott Pioli out the door. Take Cassel, Quinn and Stanzi with him. God what a HORRIBLE QB squad that is. Reid's west coast system will allow these young QB's to succeed early.

Trade for Seahawks' QB Matt Flynn. Assuming we were to someway get a comp 3rd rd pick for losing Brandon Carr, we can give SEA our early 3rd and keep the comp pick.

Rd 1 - Manti Teo ILB - Notre Dame with the #1 overall pick. Why? Because there's no Andrew Luck or RG3 in this draft. Teo was the best player in this draft and very well could be the best LB on this team in a couple seasons. Hali-Teo-Johnson-Houston: Best LB core in the NFL. This guy has a tremendous knack for the game and is a true ballhawker.

Rd2 - Tyler Wilson QB - Arkansas. Some say he won't last til the 2nd rd. I think there's a good possible chance that he will.

Rd3 - Landry Jones QB - Oklahoma. Yup QB and the QB back to back rounds. Get rid of the ****ing losers from the previous regime and have a legit #1 QB competition coming into camp next season. Flynn, Wilson, Jones are ALL better than anything we put out on the field this season and it's not even close.

Rd4 - Tyrann Mathieu CB - LSU. Was once the best defensive player in college football. This could be a sleeper HR pick at a major position of need on defense kinda like the Houston pick was. He's 5x the player Arenas is and Arenas doesn't need to be playing on the outside anyways. God the Brandon Carr/Stanford Routt personnel decision really blew up in Pioli's face.

Find a way to sign Ed Reed. One problem with this team is that there's no true veteran leadership. Yes we have veterans on this team and many Probowlers or players that are borderline...but most of the team really doesn't know how to win. Most of these players careers in the NFL have been on the losing end. Ed Reed knows what it takes to win games.

All of a sudden you have a jean creamin' top 10 defense and some way or another, will find our franchise QB with the arms we have in the stable.

Even though I can be an ass on this board, some don't like me....but in all honesty I love posting here, all of you I'm sure are great people, and the best hopes for all of you going into 2013. God bless. :BLVD:

Compared to your DC posts...this one is just slightly less bad.
Another backup from another team for QB?
Sure, I'd take Ed Reed if the price is right, but I don't see why a 34-yr old star (even if he's lost a step) who is used to being on a winning team comes to a team coming off a 2-win season and no real prospects for next year expect pure hope that we can land QB that can play right away.

RealSNR
01-01-2013, 02:06 AM
Go fist a cow, manfucker

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 02:08 AM
I wanna know how it's considering "fucking stupid" drafting the best overall player in the draft with the #1 pick?...especially in a draft that's not exactly top heavy w/ major homerun hitting type of prospects.

You don't have to draft a QB just because we have the #1 pick......you're going into reaching territory here and the fact that the Chiefs haven't selected a 1st round QB since God knows when is really clouding people's judgement. I get it. I want a franchise QB. But we can get one in the 2nd rd, possibly 3rd this year. Matt Flynn can play in this league, we've all seen that.

L.A. Chieffan
01-01-2013, 02:09 AM
Teo isn't stupid, everything else is pretty much

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 02:10 AM
no.

We have not drafted a QB in the first round in 30 years. I don't want some other team's cast-off I don't care who it is. Whether we succeed or fail, it is time to step up and take our swing. That probably means Geno.

Sorry but as much as I want a franchise guy as the next guy...this doesn't mean shit this year....not in a draft where there isn't really a guy that jumps out. And sorry Geno Smith isn't that guy either.

So going back 4 years are you saying you wouldn't have taken "cast-offs" like Matt Shaub? Jay Culter? Michael Vick? instead of the the crap we've thrown out on the field? Not saying they were available then I'm just debunking the whole "cast-off" argument. I'm suggesting Flynn because he's played in the NFL for some time now and knows the speed of the game and we all know he can play. I'm not necessarily saying to immediately start him, but he would need to also be the primary backup should the winner of the starting job goes down w/ injury.

Imon Yourside
Sorry but as much as I want a franchise guy as the next guy...this doesn't mean shit this year....not in a draft where there isn't really a guy that jumps out. And sorry Geno Smith isn't that guy either.

Yes he is.

AussieChiefsFan
I wanna know how it's considering "fucking stupid" drafting the best overall player in the draft with the #1 pick?

Because we have Quinn & Cassel at QB

You don't have to draft a QB just because we have the #1 pick.yes we do, we have Quinn & Cassel at QB.

RealSNR
01-01-2013, 02:14 AM
Any QB > Teo

Why?

Because Teo plays a worthless fucking position that nobody cares about.

He's garbage. God fuck. If draft value is what you care about, you should be drafting that overhyped clown in the 3rd you fucking moron.

You're more retarded than BlackBob, CoMo.

AussieChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 02:17 AM
Any QB > Teo

Why?

He's garbage. God fuck. If draft value is what you care about, you should be drafting that overhyped clown in the 3rd you fucking moron.

You're more retarded than BlackBob, CoMo.And at a position we already have 3 playmakers at.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Not selecting the best player to come out of this draft w/ the #1 pick (when that pick is a position of need) is like saying it's fucking stupid to draft Arian Foster or Ray Rice whoever the best player in FFL is) with the first overall pick in your FFL.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 02:19 AM
Because we have Quinn & Cassel at QB

yes we do, we have Quinn & Cassel at QB.

Apparantly you didn't read any of the OP.

L.A. Chieffan
01-01-2013, 02:19 AM
Any QB > Teo

Why?

Ray Lewis son.

L.A. Chieffan
01-01-2013, 02:20 AM
Patrick Willis son

AussieChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 02:20 AM
Apparantly you didn't read any of the OP.Not much

L.A. Chieffan
01-01-2013, 02:21 AM
Clay Matthews son

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 02:22 AM
Any QB > Teo

Why?

Because Teo plays a worthless ****ing position that nobody cares about.

He's garbage. God ****. If draft value is what you care about, you should be drafting that overhyped clown in the 3rd you ****ing moron.

Teo is a 3rd rd prospect....and I'm the retard?

dmahurin
01-01-2013, 02:22 AM
http://gamedayr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/geno-smith-west-virginia-meme.jpeg

RealSNR
01-01-2013, 02:29 AM
Teo is a 3rd rd prospect....and I'm the retard?

Does he rush the passer? No.

Does he have elite speed? No.

Is he a Patrick Willis-type of brute physical athletic LB? No.

Is he a rangy gay try-hard douchebag that Kansas City fans fucking love for some reason? Yes.

You'd rather have him than Geno? Hell, you'd rather have him than any QB in the draft? Jesus fuck, you'd rather have him over ANYTHING else at a position of value?

Yes, you're a retard.

RealSNR
01-01-2013, 02:30 AM
Fuck, I even like Te'o. But morons like CoMo have made me fucking hate him.

KurtCobain
01-01-2013, 02:35 AM
We can't be this radical.

This fucking cracked me up.

Rugby Thompson
01-01-2013, 02:38 AM
teo sucks, flynns another cassel, draft geno or die

AussieChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 02:41 AM
draft geno or dieA bit rough, but yes, Geno.

KurtCobain
01-01-2013, 02:44 AM
I want bray

Hootie
01-01-2013, 02:55 AM
if we don't take a QB #1...and we end up with a hall of famer at ANY OTHER POSITION INSTEAD...I'll still be pissed

KurtCobain
01-01-2013, 03:00 AM
Would bray at number one after a badass combine performance Piss you off?

listopencil
01-01-2013, 03:22 AM
ILB with the #1 overall pick in the draft? Really?

KurtCobain
01-01-2013, 03:23 AM
ILB with the #1 overall pick in the draft? Really?

I know, right? this would be the 1 damn year that's an option.

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 03:27 AM
Holy shit fuck a penguin...

You should have kept this garbage in the Draft Planet. At least it had to deal with the draft. A pyschotic one, but a draft nonetheless.

But you bring this into the Lounge, and it's on.

Te'o is a Mike backer in a 34. Nothing more. He's not Pat Willis. He's not Ray Lewis. He's not Luke Kuechly. He's a less nasty version of Brandon Spikes. His absolute ceiling is James Laurinaitis, which isn't a bad thing, but it's not worth a #1, and I don't necessarily think he's got that level of instincts. He's got less draft value than guys like Ogletree, Minter and Skov as those guys have the flexibility to be three down backs in several types of systems.

And you think that it's a good idea to take a Mike backer with the first overall pick? Wow. Just fucking wow.

No way that Wilson last into the second.

Landry Jones in the third isn't a bad pick though.

Matthieu is a terminal druggie that doesn't have the size or speed to be effective at the next level. A complete waste of a pick.

Ed Reed? Like he's leaving Baltimore for Kansas City. And never mind that he's 104.

I've got to tell you in all seriousness - adding a mike backer and another slow and significantly smaller nickle back plus an injury prone 34 year old safety isn't going to make this defense "cream your jeans" good.

AussieChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 03:33 AM
ILB with the #1 overall pick in the draft? Really?It sounds even worse when you say it out loud.

kingme20
01-01-2013, 03:34 AM

Me too but I don't think tyler wilson will be there in the 2nd

Just not a fan of getting Matt Flynn.

kingme20
01-01-2013, 03:41 AM
Any QB > Teo

Why?

Because Teo plays a worthless ****ing position that nobody cares about.

He's garbage. God ****. If draft value is what you care about, you should be drafting that overhyped clown in the 3rd you ****ing moron.

c'mon 3rd round ? you can't be serious

AussieChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 03:41 AM
tyler wilson will there in the 2nd :spock:

kingme20
01-01-2013, 03:46 AM
Would bray at number one after a badass combine performance Piss you off?

It would piss me off He has a Ryan Leaf attitude

and that tattoo it just screams "all about me type of Player"

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/tyler_bray_tatoo.jpg

I was hoping he stay in school and grow up some more .

kingme20
01-01-2013, 03:47 AM
:spock:

sorry not :)

AussieChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 03:51 AM
sorry not :):rolleyes:

kingme20
01-01-2013, 03:57 AM
:rolleyes:

I think he will move in the Top 10- 15 after the senior bowl

NJChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 04:08 AM
Yeah, as mentioned, Wilson isn't making it to our second pick. Lets never learn lessons about giving your franchise to a player who hasn't had time to prove a single thing. And the argument that its alright because we will have a good QB behind him doesn't work because we won't. We will not have the option to draft Wilson in the 2nd. And I SURE as hell am not settling for Flynn and then some ass like Jones. Not giving up a shot at one of the potential quality QBs in the draft because of Matt Flynn.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 04:15 AM

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/tyler_bray_tatoo.jpg

that's gross...look at all of that bacne.

that's a pretty fucking stupid tattoo

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 04:16 AM
Landry Jones will be a better pro than Geno Smith

AussieChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 04:17 AM

I was hoping he stay in school and grow up some more .Dumb looking Tattoo.

listopencil
01-01-2013, 04:20 AM

That's one of worst looking tattoos I've ever seen. You're going to pay someone to permanently mark your skin. So you decide on a cheap t-shirt graphic from 1976.

NJChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 04:24 AM

Even if that turns out to be true odds are its because of Geno being a fail, not Jones ever being anything.

AussieChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 04:28 AM
Even if that turns out to be true odds are its because of Geno being a fail, not Jones ever being anything.^

Dave Lane
01-01-2013, 04:50 AM

So going back 4 years are you saying you wouldn't have taken "cast-offs" like Matt Shaub? Jay Culter? Michael Vick? instead of the the crap we've thrown out on the field? Not saying they were available then I'm just debunking the whole "cast-off" argument. I'm suggesting Flynn because he's played in the NFL for some time now and knows the speed of the game and we all know he can play. I'm not necessarily saying to immediately start him, but he would need to also be the primary backup should the winner of the starting job goes down w/ injury.

Does it hurt to be this stupid? I would think it would.

Anytime Como and solution are used in the same post you know hilarity is about to ensue.

DomerNKC
01-01-2013, 05:02 AM
teo sucks, flynns another cassel, draft geno or diegreat! Lets see how many safetys he can score in a game in the nfl! His slow, 2 left footed ass might set a record! we could all be proud of an nfl record!

DomerNKC
01-01-2013, 05:16 AM
Yes he is.
not even close...

NJChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 05:19 AM
great! Lets see how many safetys he can score in a game in the nfl! His slow, 2 left footed ass might set a record! we could all be proud of an nfl record!

Cause he does that in every game? Or just the one you watched?

JCharles1981
01-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Another petty fan who thinks getting a mediocre or half-average QB is the best solution after firing the current Chiefs staff. WHY? Haven't we suffered enough crappy back up QB's in the past 15 years already? Except for Trent Green, the Chiefs have had virtually NO great QB's since Joe Montana.

Molitoth
01-01-2013, 06:23 AM
*Flynn couldn't beat out a rookie last year.
*Wilson shouldn't be available in the second considering he is the second best QB in the draft.
*Te'o is not a guarantee in the NFL, nobody is. #1 for a MLB is ****ing stupid.
*No to Landry "Cassel" Jones, I don't care what round its in. Hell no.
*Ed Reed is not coming here.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 06:25 AM
Matt Flynn and Teo ROFL what an abortion

Tyler Wilson's a likely Top 5 pick slappy

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2013, 06:38 AM

No you wouldn't, because Tyler Wilson isn't getting out of the top 5, let alone the top 10, or laughingly the first round.

Crush
01-01-2013, 07:06 AM
ROFL

Tyler Wilson is not getting out of the 1st Round you fucking moron.

Chiefs, Browns, Cardinals, and Bills all need QBs. The new regime in Philadelphia may also want a QB of their own.

Geno, Barkley, Wilson, and Bray are all going in the first round.

Crush
01-01-2013, 07:09 AM

Says the guy that values a 3-4 ILB over a QB. You are one dumb motherfucker.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 07:11 AM
Como curse is on our side.

Nightfyre
01-01-2013, 07:12 AM
Como: posting retarded shit since 2005.

Crush
01-01-2013, 07:14 AM
HEY GUYS!!! LET'S DRAFT JOECKEL AND THEN TRADE FOR MICHAEL VICK!!!! HERP DERP

Crush
01-01-2013, 07:15 AM
great! Lets see how many safetys he can score in a game in the nfl! His slow, 2 left footed ass might set a record! we could all be proud of an nfl record!

JFC

Do you even watch college football?

Crush
01-01-2013, 07:17 AM
Not selecting the best player to come out of this draft w/ the #1 pick (when that pick is a position of need) is like saying it's fucking stupid to draft Arian Foster or Ray Rice whoever the best player in FFL is) with the first overall pick in your FFL.

Did you look into Teo's eyes and see he was going to be a good player?

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 08:10 AM
*Flynn couldn't beat out a rookie last year.
*Wilson shouldn't be available in the second considering he is the second best QB in the draft.
*Te'o is not a guarantee in the NFL, nobody is. #1 for a MLB is ****ing stupid.
*No to Landry "Cassel" Jones, I don't care what round its in. Hell no.
*Ed Reed is not coming here.

How is Landry = Cassel?

Please explain...because that seems pretty stupid...not the same player at all.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Did you look into Teo's eyes and see he was going to be a good player?

He's a LB that almost won the Heisman Trophy and is a major reason why Notre Dame is in the NC game. Avg 120-125 tackles a game over the last couple few seasons. 7 INT's this year. Not to mention the guy's a beast...MUCH bigger and better than Belcher.

Jayhawk Chief
01-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Ed Reed? Reed leaving Baltimore is as likely as Ray Lewis.

Nightfyre
I have an idea: Lets draft AJ Klein in the fifth and watch him fill the exact same role as Teo.

CoMoChief
Says the guy that values a 3-4 ILB over a QB. You are one dumb mother****er.

Apples and oranges.....Jones has better size and a better arm. Has better starting experience against better competition.

Nightfyre
01-01-2013, 08:15 AM
Apples and oranges.....Jones has better size and a better arm. Has better starting experience against better competition.

Jones has proven he can't improve from one year to the next and that he loves him some terrible decisions.

Demonpenz
01-01-2013, 08:19 AM
I would love to have Teo. I don't think we are picking him though.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 08:19 AM
How is Flynn another Cassel? Just becuase he was someone's backup? If he doesn't win the QB competition then fine, he doesn't win and he can be a backup again. He couldn't beat out a rookie (Russell Wilson)? That's ok. Russell turned out to be pretty fuckin good and they were able to get him in the 3rd. No reason why same thing couldn't happen here w/ Jones or Wilson.

Just another stupid myth from a desperate Chiefs fan willing to except anything at the QB positition as long as it comes in the first rd JUST BECAUSE we haven't drafted a QB in the first rd since Blackledge.

Flynn played in college and led his team to a national title game no? Cassel never played shit in college and was a backup TE.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Jones has proven he can't improve from one year to the next and that he loves him some terrible decisions.

Right Geno didn't EVER make terrible decisions did he? God I swear people are so hyped up over this guy for no other particular reason other than from watching that Baylor game.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Because acquiring other team's leftovers has worked so well in the past!!!!

King_Chief_Fan
01-01-2013, 08:31 AM

Rd3 - Landry Jones QB - Oklahoma. Yup QB and the QB back to back rounds. Get rid of the ****ing losers from the previous regime and have a legit #1 QB competition coming into camp next season. Flynn, Wilson, Jones are ALL better than anything we put out on the field this season and it's not even close.

like or dislike doesn't figure in for me........you come up with some crazy crap is why you get hammered

Crush
01-01-2013, 08:35 AM
I can't wait for Notre Dame to get their shit pushed in and end this retarded Teo shit. Fuck Teo and fuck any amnesiac fan that would prefer him over drafting a QB.

Mike in SW-MO
01-01-2013, 08:36 AM
How is Flynn another Cassel?

Quinn is another backup QB with a short, gaudy, questionable resume.

My biggest fear is we get another guy we have to commit to get him here, just like we did Cassell.

So what will it take to move him here from Seattle. You say a third. I bet much higher.

Right now we are desperately needing us some offensive play-makers. QB, WR, TE, and maybe even more running backs behind Jamaal.

And whoever we get for QB, let's make sure they know how to throw a damn screen and sell a play-action pass.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 08:36 AM
I hate this fanbase.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Quinn is another backup QB with a short, gaudy, questionable resume.

My biggest fear is we get another guy we have to commit to get him here, just like we did Cassell.

So what will it take to move him here from Seattle. You say a third. I bet much higher.

Right now we are desperately needing us some offensive play-makers. QB, WR, TE, and maybe even more running backs behind Jamaal.

And whoever we get for QB, let's make sure they know how to throw a damn screen and sell a play-action pass.

Assuming Bowe comes back we have enough playmakers at skilled positions...probably more than most teams. The lack of QB play and horrible coaching has completely handcuffed this offense.

And right now we have ZERO QB's....so however we can get them in here we do it and we have an all out #1 QB competition.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 08:42 AM
I hate this fanbase.

This fanbase was instrumental in getting Pioli 3/4th of the way out the ****ing door.

But continue to bitch and cry like a god damn baby..

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 08:43 AM
I don't hate that part of the fanbase, but the backup QB pimping, Teo knob slobbing truefans can piss off. They had no part in the eunuching of Pioli.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 08:45 AM
I don't hate that part of the fanbase, but the backup QB pimping, Teo knob slobbing truefans can piss off.

I hate the people who want to draft another Alex Smith w/ the first overall pick..only w/ a slightly better arm over the BEST PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE DRAFT, esp when that person is a position of need. Especially when people tend to forget that our defense wasn't exactly stellar last season.

Crush
01-01-2013, 08:51 AM
I hate the people who want to draft another Alex Smith w/ the first overall pick..only w/ a slightly better arm over the BEST PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE DRAFT, esp when that person is a position of need. Especially when people tend to forget that our defense wasn't exactly stellar last season.

If you don't like Geno, then draft Wilson as No. 1. Your scenario is retarded because Wilson is not getting out of the top five. There are at least four teams that will draft a QB: Chiefs, Cardinals, Bills, and Browns.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 09:12 AM
If you don't like Geno, then draft Wilson as No. 1. Your scenario is retarded because Wilson is not getting out of the top five. There are at least four teams that will draft a QB: Chiefs, Cardinals, Bills, and Browns.

There are also a number of QBs that will be playing somewhere else next season.

Molitoth
01-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Right Geno didn't EVER make terrible decisions did he? God I swear people are so hyped up over this guy for no other particular reason other than from watching that Baylor game.

and: Marshall, James Madison, Maryland, Texas, TCU, Oklahoma

Rasputin
01-01-2013, 09:26 AM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m315/Rebelrse0312/dumb.jpg

Rugby Thompson
01-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Geno is more box office then any other QB in the draft

threebag
01-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Pioli looks to bolster the defense in the up upcoming draft. With the first overall pick he will bring home LSU Defensive End Sam Montgomery.

http://media.nola.com/lsu_impact/photo/sam-montgomeryjpg-af99360cafa2ae43.jpg

Pioli feels there will still be value at Quarterback in rounds five through seven. Look for the Pioli led chiefs to be very active in free agency.

Nothing has changed in the front offices of 1 Arrowhead Drive. Why do any of you think this is going to be different than the last 30 years?

Dave Lane
01-01-2013, 09:44 AM
I would love to have Teo. I don't think we are picking him though.

I'd like to take him with our 2nd 7th rounder.

Yeah I may as well go full Como.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 09:53 AM

He started off hot....then cooled off somewhat in mid season

Coogs
01-01-2013, 10:20 AM
I'll play.

As of January 1, 2013, Coogs's plan (Using GBN's top 100)...

Trade a conditional 2014 pick to the 49ers for Alex Smith. Here are the conditions:

4th rounder in 2014
Becomes 3rd rounder if he starts half of the games
Becomes 2nd rounder if he leads Chiefs to playoffs
Becomes 1st rounder if he leads Chiefs to Super Bowl

2013 Draft

#1 Geno Smith, QB, WVU
#34 Tyler Eifert, TE, ND (Jax takes QB at 33)
#64 Stedman Bailey, WR, WVU (Cleveland gave up their 2nd in Supplemental draft... therefore we have pick 64 instead of pick 65)

Then I am good with whatever...

EDIT: GBN's Top 100: http://www.gbnreport.com/top100.html

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 11:24 AM
This place has gone full retard.

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 11:36 AM

Dude, Te'o isn't even the best linebacker prospect in the draft. Minter and Ogletree put up better numbers (Ogletree's are ridiculous considering he missed four games), are more athletic and have greater flexibility scheme wise. Stanford's Skov is on the exact same level as Te'o and I think he's also got more flexibility.

Hootie
01-01-2013, 11:41 AM
I'd rather draft the best WR available regardless of how shitty he is over a fucking inside linebacker.

you can pick up a Burfict or Belcher (lol) without wasting a pick and have a competent starter

I'm going to use baseball as an example. They use the WAR (wins above replacement) stat to tell you how important a player is to his team.

well lets see...our WAR at QB was probably about -8

I bet not having a QB cost us 8 wins this year.

I'd say our WAR at head coach was somewhere around -3.

Adding Teo at #1 probably means a WAR adjustment of approximately 0.1 if we kept our entire current situation in tact.

Adding Geno would probably be a +3 assuming we kept Crennel, Pioli, etc...

so with the #1 pick you'd want to add a 0.1 over a 3.0?

GENIOUS

Hootie
01-01-2013, 11:42 AM
by that I mean THIS year with Monte T'eo we'd be 2-14, maybe 3-13 if every star in the universe aligned.

I think we would have been 5-11 with Geno at QB because he would have inevitably made plays because he has actual talent.

KCSPORTSNUT
01-01-2013, 11:42 AM
CoMoChief i agree with you except for one thing.I would take Nassib instead of L Jones.

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 11:44 AM

Don't forget the

23/24
407 yards
3 TDs
271.2 QB rating

against Dave Campo and the Kansas Jayhawks.

You can't put shit like that up against air, let alone guys on a field. Ridiculous.

And what he did against Texas and OU was downright amazing considering that both were on the road against top 20 teams with good defenses having legit pro prospects.

That anyone would want anyone but Smith for the Chiefs pick is utterly mind boggling. You just don't think that someone could be so short sighted and stupid. I'd really like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but maybe it's just as simple as someone just being a ****ing idiot. Which they probably can't help because that's purely genetic. It's not their fault that they are that dumb, and are probably so ****ing stupid that they don't even know that they are morons.

Kinda sad actually.

Hootie
01-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Geno must be good if Sac wants him over an OL...that's for sure.

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 11:47 AM
I'll play.

As of January 1, 2013, Coogs's plan (Using GBN's top 100)...

Trade a conditional 2014 pick to the 49ers for Alex Smith. Here are the conditions:

4th rounder in 2014
Becomes 3rd rounder if he starts half of the games
Becomes 2nd rounder if he leads Chiefs to playoffs
Becomes 1st rounder if he leads Chiefs to Super Bowl

2013 Draft

#1 Geno Smith, QB, WVU
#34 Tyler Eifert, TE, ND (Jax takes QB at 33)
#64 Stedman Bailey, WR, WVU (Cleveland gave up their 2nd in Supplemental draft... therefore we have pick 64 instead of pick 65)

Then I am good with whatever...

EDIT: GBN's Top 100: http://www.gbnreport.com/top100.html

Wouldn't it be better to sign Jason Campbell as a free agent then to give up picks for Smith and pay him 7.5 million as a backup?

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 11:50 AM
CoMoChief i agree with you except for one thing.I would take Nassib instead of L Jones.

Nassib was awful in his bowl game...

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 11:54 AM
He started off hot....then cooled off somewhat in mid season

Idiot.

West Virginia's last four games of the season and Geno's stats for them.

Oklahome State (November 11)
36/54
364 yards
2 TDs
0 Ints

Oklahoma (November 17)
20/35
320 yards
4 TDs
2 Ints

Iowa State (November 23)
22/31
236 yards
2 TDs
0 Ints

Kansas (December 1)
23/24
407 yards
3 TDs
1 Int

And the OU game might have been his most impressive game of the season.

Yeah, that's cooling right the fuck down. Sub fucking zero.

This is why people are morons. They have no fucking clue. No understanding.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Nassib was awful in his bowl game...

So was Geno

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 11:55 AM
CoMoChief i agree with you...(everything else is totally irrelevant)

My god, this is going to be the most taxing off-season in CP history.

RealSNR
01-01-2013, 11:55 AM
This fanbase was instrumental in getting Pioli 3/4th of the way out the ****ing door.

But continue to bitch and cry like a god damn baby..
SOC was successful because it demonstrated strength in numbers. That's it. No more. It doesn't mean the fanbase got smarter.

Hootie
01-01-2013, 11:56 AM
you know

college football is tricky

it's not like the NFL. Not all teams are created equal. Superior coaching staffs + superior talent = average talent looking like a superstar.

did Geno have superior talent and superior coaching? from what I've read, I'd say no

Ming the Merciless
01-01-2013, 11:57 AM
The epic melt-down if we don't pick a QB 1st is going to be massive

Coogs
Wouldn't it be better to sign Jason Campbell as a free agent then to give up picks for Smith and pay him 7.5 million as a backup?

:shrug:

I'm just playing along. I'm not sure Flynn is starter material. Alex Smith is. I want somebody who is going to push Geno Smith to be good. Hence, the conditionals. If Alex doesn't play much, it is a 4th in 2014. Seems like a small price to pay to push Geno.

As for the money. It's Clarks, not mine. Restructure maybe?

Bowser

Rd3 - Landry Jones QB - Oklahoma. Yup QB and the QB back to back rounds. Get rid of the fucking losers from the previous regime and have a legit #1 QB competition coming into camp next season. Flynn, Wilson, Jones are ALL better than anything we put out on the field this season and it's not even close.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg6hicatCs1qbbwv4.gif

Hootie
01-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Alex is going to get a starter's contract on a team to be their unquestioned starter for at least 2 years.

he will not be in KC

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-01-2013, 11:59 AM
I wanna know how it's considering "****ing stupid" drafting the best overall player in the draft with the #1 pick?...especially in a draft that's not exactly top heavy w/ major homerun hitting type of prospects.

You don't have to draft a QB just because we have the #1 pick......you're going into reaching territory here and the fact that the Chiefs haven't selected a 1st round QB since God knows when is really clouding people's judgement. I get it. I want a franchise QB. But we can get one in the 2nd rd, possibly 3rd this year. Matt Flynn can play in this league, we've all seen that.

:spock:

RealSNR
01-01-2013, 12:00 PM
CoMo, you've been fucking schooled on your Teo in the first idea. All you've been able to come up with in response is "Geno Smith herp derp"

Go eat your sister's pussy.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 12:01 PM

Who do you want Pawn?

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 12:01 PM
So was Geno

So what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander?

Coogs
01-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Alex is going to get a starter's contract on a team to be their unquestioned starter for at least 2 years.

he will not be in KC

Probably not. But didn't Flynn get starters money in Seattle too?

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 12:03 PM

A large portion of the people who want a QB probably won't be here, so I doubt it.

notorious
01-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Whaaaa?!?!

crossbow
01-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Buffalo, Philly, Arizona, Jacksonville, Kansas City, possibly Oakland will be taking a QB this year. If we wait until the 2nd round then we certainly will have to reach to get a project QB. We could get lucky and find a Bret Favre by accident in round 3 but when has this team EVER gotten lucky at anything? Pick the guy you want to be done with it.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2013, 12:15 PM
A large portion of the people who want a QB probably won't be here, so I doubt it.

From what I've heard, it will be a lot of goodbyes.

BTW, this place HAS gone full retard. It's rookie payscale, people. 4 QB's will go in the 1st round.

loochy
01-01-2013, 12:19 PM
we should sign Arron Rodgers

Dave Lane
01-01-2013, 12:42 PM
we should sign Arron Rodgers

Trade a conditional 4th for him I think.

Setsuna
01-01-2013, 12:43 PM
I stopped @ Matt Flynn. You must have hit your head on New Year's Eve or something.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 12:50 PM
At least he didn't mention Tebow. May have had to drop him to Bobtard status if that was the case.

Coogs
01-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Trade a conditional 4th for him I think.

Is that a slam at me?

If so, quit being an asshat. Alex Smith is at least probably going to be available.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 12:58 PM
I stopped @ Matt Flynn. You must have hit your head on New Year's Eve or something.

He was born this way...

Deberg_1990
01-01-2013, 01:00 PM

heh, its going to be epic and funny. People always blow up when the guy they obsess over doesnt get drafted. We will get threads about how we should have taken Teo or whoever,....then the regular season will start and we will get threads everytime he makes a a mistake or throws in INT.....then we will get threads when the guy they wanted the Chiefs to draft does something great. Fun times!

mnchiefsguy
01-01-2013, 01:01 PM
From what I've heard, it will be a lot of goodbyes.

BTW, this place HAS gone full retard. It's rookie payscale, people. 4 QB's will go in the 1st round.

I agree with this. Reaching for a QB in the first round, even near the top of the draft is not nearly as risky as it used to be. The signing bonuses will be much lower, along with the guaranteed money. Just compare Sam Bradford's rookie contract with Andrew Luck's.

The Chiefs can decide who they think is the best of the QB prospects, draft them, and if it does not work out, they will still have plenty of cap room to sign a FA or draft another qb. There is absolutely no reason for the franchise to not go for the brass ring and draft a fucking qb. :harumph:

RealSNR
1- Geno Smith
2- Trade for JJ Watt
3- Trade for Larry Fitz
4- Trade for Ray Sherman
5-7 BPA

My draft guyz ^

Tombstone RJ

whatever you are smoking, it's some good chit mang.

Setsuna
01-01-2013, 01:04 PM
He was born this way...

LMAO It seems that way. We all know Reid makes every QB look 1 to 2 tiers higher than they are, but we want a QB who has the potential to be a low high tier and up who Reid makes look like a high tier and an elite tier. Not some middle tier Flynn who may not even be middle but low middle or even low tier. I love tiers btw.

Bowser
01-01-2013, 01:05 PM
1- Geno Smith
2- Trade for JJ Watt
3- Trade for Larry Fitz
4- Trade for Ray Sherman
5-7 BPA

My draft guyz ^

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa278/TheGrandHatching/Sort_of_want.jpg

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 01:06 PM
heh, its going to be epic and funny. People always blow up when the guy they obsess over doesnt get drafted. We will get threads about how we should have taken Teo or whoever,....then the regular season will start and we will get threads everytime he makes a a mistake or throws in INT.....then we will get threads when the guy they wanted the Chiefs to draft does something great. Fun times!

He said "when the Chiefs DON'T draft a QB".

There's quite a few people here that will cease to be fans if that happens, which will in turn make the meltdown much less "epic".

Bump
01-01-2013, 01:09 PM
GENO OR DIE

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 01:18 PM
GENO OR DIE

atta boy

whoman69
01-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Andy Reid started declining in Philly for two main reasons. First, he has been in the job forever and it wears down on you. Second, the league has caught up with his system. His offensive line cannot protect with the amount of passing they do. He doesn't have his dependable DC anymore to make the adjustments on D. I can see no upside to hiring a tired, beat down shell of a coach.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Andy Reid started declining in Philly for two main reasons. First, he has been in the job forever and it wears down on you. Second, the league has caught up with his system. His offensive line cannot protect with the amount of passing they do. He doesn't have his dependable DC anymore to make the adjustments on D. I can see no upside to hiring a tired, beat down shell of a coach.

It doesn't just wear them down. Coaches tend to develop tunnel vision over time, especially if they have frequent success.

RealSNR
01-01-2013, 01:43 PM
It doesn't just wear them down. Coaches tend to develop tunnel vision over time, especially if they have frequent success.

Do you think this last season in Philly plus a change of environment would snap Reid out of that?

threebag
01-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Yes I think a change of surroundings would make a hell of a difference

It's kind of like fucking a chick for a few years then you meat a new chick and holy shit your 18 again...

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Do you think this last season in Philly plus a change of environment would snap Reid out of that?

Mike Vick is a coach killer.

Terrell Owens is a coach killer.

I feel for Andy Reid for what he's been given the past five plus years.

Then the whole his kid thing.

The guy needs a change and I think he's still a very good coach.

I think that he'd come in here (if Pioli is gone) and think it was nirvana.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 03:42 PM

Yeah, it might.

These guys get set in their ways. Sometimes it's necessary for them to get a wake up call.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Mike Vick is a coach killer.

Terrell Owens is a coach killer.

I feel for Andy Reid for what he's been given the past five plus years.

Then the whole his kid thing.

The guy needs a change and I think he's still a very good coach.

I think that he'd come in here (if Pioli is gone) and think it was nirvana.

Mike Vick was Andy Reid's idea. Come on, Sac.

whoman69
01-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Reid has been beat down with his family issues and problems in Philly. He won't have the will or the energy needed to change this franchise. I also think the league has passed him by.

BigCatDaddy
01-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Probably a Q, but this thread should be ban worthy :facepalm:

kcxiv
01-01-2013, 06:58 PM
I wanna know how it's considering "****ing stupid" drafting the best overall player in the draft with the #1 pick?...especially in a draft that's not exactly top heavy w/ major homerun hitting type of prospects.

little late, maybe its been said in this thread, not reading it all, but why would we draft an 2 down inside linebacker with the first pick in the draft?

Thats not what this team needs right now. not at all.

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Mike Vick was Andy Reid's idea. Come on, Sac.

I know. I was trying to lump all negatives together that led to the rapid deconstruction of Andy Reid in Philadelphia.

Molitoth
01-01-2013, 07:18 PM
This thread should be renamed to "Scott pioli has a solution to the qb problem in Kansas City".

milkman
01-01-2013, 08:17 PM
If only the Donkeys had hired CoMo to be their GM.

NJChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 08:19 PM

Unfortunately its more of a Chiefs hire.

MahiMike
01-01-2013, 08:27 PM
This is very similar to what I've been saying except I like Alex Smith better. I think the 7th QB in this draft has as good a chance as the top ones.

milkman
01-01-2013, 08:37 PM
This is very similar to what I've been saying except I like Alex Smith better. I think the 7th QB in this draft has as good a chance as the top ones.

Let's keep all the dumbfucks in this thread, and all the rest of us will leave you alone.

MahiMike
01-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Let's keep all the dumb****s in this thread, and all the rest of us will leave you alone.

Cool. Thanks.

confused
01-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Let's keep all the dumb****s in this thread, and all the rest of us will leave you alone.
Irony bleeds profusely.

I swear if Geno blew his baby gravy on a stale biscuit and put it on Ebay, people on here would buy it now for 10,000 bucks. He won't be terrible, but he won't be elite either.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Irony bleeds profusely.

I swear if Geno blew his baby gravy on a stale biscuit and put it on Ebay, people on here would buy it now for 10,000 bucks. He won't be terrible, but he won't be elite either.

Kinda like Matt Ryan, amirite?

ModSocks
01-02-2013, 01:54 PM
lol, in a few months, Teo won't even be considered a top 15 prospect.

OP is full of Mel Kiper drama.

CoMoChief
01-02-2013, 02:11 PM

then CoMo would have gotten the Peyton Manning deal done....something KC wasn't able to do because of the "Patriot Way"

CoMoChief
01-02-2013, 02:12 PM

a LB almost winning the Heisman trophy is drama? Teo is the best player in this years draft.

O.city
01-02-2013, 02:15 PM
a LB almost winning the Heisman trophy is drama? Teo is the best player in this years draft.

No, he's not.

If I were building a college team? Yeah, I'd take him in a second. You can still win in cfb with Marty Ball.

But the NFl doesn't value that near as high.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 02:17 PM

Lemme ask this:

Is Manti as good as Aaron Curry? Curry was absolutely a better prospect, IMO.

Curry went 4th overall and has flamed out on 2 teams already.

Is that really what everybody wants?

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 02:17 PM

Gino Torreta won the Heisman. We should get him.

O.city
01-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Teo is a great leader, with so so measurables.

CoMoChief
01-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Gino Torreta won the Heisman. We should get him.

don't know what this means.

O.city
01-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Meaning that just because he was considered for the Heisman, doesn't really mean anything in terms of NFL success.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 02:24 PM

The Heisman is the college equivalent of the Pro Bowl.

Brad Banks from Iowa was a Heisman runner-up for Christ's sake. He never played a down in the NFL.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Teo is a great leader, with so so measurables.

Exactly, he's not Aaron Curry and Aaron Curry was a BUST.

Why would anybody want ANY ILB with the #1 pick? It's just completely insane.

Brock
01-02-2013, 02:27 PM

Must be an incredibly shitty draft.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Exactly, he's not Aaron Curry and Aaron Curry was a BUST.

Why would anybody want ANY ILB with the #1 pick? It's just completely insane.

You mean we shouldn't draft a non skill player and an ILB to boot with the very first pick in the draft? :drool:

Rasputin
01-02-2013, 02:28 PM
The Heisman is the college equivalent of the Pro Bowl.

Brad Banks from Iowa was a Heisman runner-up for Christ's sake. He never played a down in the NFL.

Remember Oklahoma Sooner QB Jason White that won the Heisman award? Didn't even get drafted, but I think a lot of that was he had bad knees iirc?

ModSocks
01-02-2013, 02:29 PM

You'e getting caught up in pre-draft hype. It happens every year. Stop listening to talking heads.

And winning the Heisman means nothing. I'm honestly shocked you brought it up.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Remember Oklahoma Sooner QB Jason White that won the Heisman award? Didn't even get drafted, but I think a lot of that was he had bad knees iirc?

Oh man, you just sparked my memory.

Manti could be the next BRIAN BOSWORTH!

ModSocks
01-02-2013, 02:30 PM

It means that Heisman winners don't do dick in the NFL, and rarely have anything to do with Skill.

When a player wins the Heisman, i usually HOPE we don't draft them, because more often than not, they flame out in the NFL.

Heisman means dick.

Rasputin
01-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Oh man, you just sparked my memory.

Manti could be the next BRIAN BOSWORTH!

Oh man that was awesome when Bo Jackson ran over him into the dirt for a TD. The Bozz was never the same again. I hated the raiders but loved Bo Jackson.

BigCatDaddy
01-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Heh.

Better list then I thought. Although none of them are MLB's.

1980 Rogers, GeorgeGeorge Rogers* South Carolina Running back 1,128 35.81%
1981 Allen, MarcusMarcus Allen^ USC Running back 1,797 57.05%
1982 Walker, HerschelHerschel Walker Georgia Running back 1,926 61.14%
1983 Rozier, MikeMike Rozier Nebraska Running back 1,801 57.17%
1984 Flutie, DougDoug Flutie Boston College Quarterback 2,240 71.11%
1985 Jackson, BoBo Jackson* Auburn Running back 1,509 47.90%
1986 Testaverde, VinnyVinny Testaverde* Miami Quarterback 2,213 70.25%
1987 Brown, TimTim Brown Notre Dame Wide receiver 1,442 45.78%
1988 Sanders, BarryBarry Sanders^ Oklahoma State Running back 1,878 68.27%
1989 Ware, AndreAndre Ware Houston Quarterback 1,073 38.96%
1990 Detmer, TyTy Detmer BYU Quarterback 1,482 53.87%
1991 Howard, DesmondDesmond Howard Michigan Wide receiver 2,077 75.50%
1992 Torretta, GinoGino Torretta Miami Quarterback 1,400 50.84%
1993 Ward, CharlieCharlie Ward Florida State Quarterback 1,743 83.79%
1994 Salaam, RashaanRashaan Salaam Colorado Running back 1,743 63.15%
1995 George, EddieEddie George Ohio State Running back 1,460 52.84%
1996 Wuerffel, DannyDanny Wuerffel Florida Quarterback 1,363 49.38%
1997 Woodson, CharlesCharles Woodson Michigan Cornerback/Punt returner 1,815 65.69%
1998 Williams, RickyRicky Williams Texas Running back 2,355 85.23%
1999 Dayne, RonRon Dayne Wisconsin Running back 2,042 73.83%
2000 Weinke, ChrisChris Weinke Florida State Quarterback 1,628 58.86%
2001 Crouch, EricEric Crouch Nebraska Quarterback 770 27.75%
2002 Palmer, CarsonCarson Palmer* USC Quarterback 1,328 48.01%
2003 White, JasonJason White Oklahoma Quarterback 1,481 53.54%
2004 Leinart, MattMatt Leinart USC Quarterback 1,325 47.85%
2005 Bush, ReggieReggie Bush
(vacated)[n 1] USC Running back 2,541 91.77%
2006 Smith, TroyTroy Smith Ohio State Quarterback 2,540 91.63%
2007 Tebow, TimTim Tebow Florida Quarterback 1,957 70.52%
2008 Bradford, SamSam Bradford* Oklahoma Quarterback 1,726 62.13%
2009 Ingram, Jr., MarkMark Ingram, Jr. Alabama Running back 1,304 46.99%
2010 Newton, CamCam Newton* Auburn Quarterback 2,263 81.55%
2011 Griffin III, RobertRobert Griffin III Baylor Quarterback 1,687 60.66%
2012 Manziel, JohnnyJohnny Manziel Texas A&M Quarterback 2,029 72.88%

Sorter
01-02-2013, 03:12 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0yr1iDl0I1r19jfr.gif

bevischief
01-02-2013, 03:47 PM
No.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2013, 05:38 PM
You'e getting caught up in pre-draft hype. It happens every year. Stop listening to talking heads.

And winning the Heisman means nothing. I'm honestly shocked you brought it up.

Como's posts read like he's been watching tapes of Kiper Clockwork Orange style.

CoMoChief
01-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Como's posts read like he's been watching tapes of Kiper Clockwork Orange style.

WHO THE HELL IS MEL KIPER?!?!?

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 05:54 PM
WHO THE HELL IS MEL KIPER?!?!?

Who said he was talking about MEL Kiper?

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 06:04 PM
You don't take an ILB in the 3-4 #1 overall. This draft has much better players available.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Who do you want bubb?

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Trade down. I would like to trade down and take Aaron Murray.

3 year starter that has played well against elite competition in a pro style offense that throws the ball down the field. Best mobility of top QBs. Great arm. Most pro ready QB in the draft. Not as tall as you like, but is a playmaker.

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 06:48 PM
If we could trade down, similar to the trade up for Julio Jones, that would be ideal to me.

CoMoChief
01-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Trade down. I would like to trade down and take Aaron Murray.

3 year starter that has played well against elite competition in a pro style offense that throws the ball down the field. Best mobility of top QBs. Great arm. Most pro ready QB in the draft. Not as tall as you like, but is a playmaker.

NO NO NO!!!! MUST TAKE GENO AT #1 !!!! /CP

O.city
01-02-2013, 07:00 PM
You think someone is gonna trade up Julio Jones style, for someone who doesn't project to be an elite dline pass rusher, or a guy with a serious medical issue?

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 07:07 PM
NO NO NO!!!! MUST TAKE GENO AT #1 !!!! /CP

I agree. The Planet is overreacting to this franchise futility in the draft over the last 20+ years. We have the #1 pick and it sucks for us that there isn't a QB available worth the pick. That doesn't mean that we should reach with the pick. And waste any possible picks that we could attain with a trade.

O.city
01-02-2013, 07:10 PM
I agree. The Planet is overreacting to this franchise futility in the draft over the last 20+ years. We have the #1 pick and it sucks for us that there isn't a QB available worth the pick. That doesn't mean that we should reach with the pick. And waste any possible picks that we could attain with a trade.

So is Andrew Luck the only QB "worth" a 1st overall pick?

Cause if we are holding all Qb's up to that standard, we have to hold other positional players up to greatest of all time draft picks.

Is Jarvis Jones, Lawrence Taylor type player? Is Star a Warren Sapp type player?

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 07:11 PM
You think someone is gonna trade up Julio Jones style, for someone who doesn't project to be an elite dline pass rusher, or a guy with a serious medical issue?

I have posted about 10 trades that have occurred in the last two years in the first round. Wait and see how everything shakes out after the combine.

Are you predicting that there won't be any trade in the top ten?

O.city
01-02-2013, 07:12 PM
I have posted about 10 trades that have occurred in the last two years in the first round. Wait and see how everything shakes out after the combine.

Are you predicting that there won't be any trade in the top ten?

Top 10? Probably so.

Number 1 overall? Nope. The Chiefs would likely ask for an RGIII type haul, or they can just sit where they are and take the player they want.

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 07:12 PM
So is Andrew Luck the only QB "worth" a 1st overall pick?

Cause if we are holding all Qb's up to that standard, we have to hold other positional players up to greatest of all time draft picks.

Is Jarvis Jones, Lawrence Taylor type player? Is Star a Warren Sapp type player?

Jarvis Jones is a legit pass rusher. He is a Von Miller type of player if he passes his medical.

O.city
01-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Jarvis Jones is a legit pass rusher. He is a Von Miller type of player if he passes his medical.

Really? Are you serious? Really?

The guy who was swallowed against the run in the SEC championship game?

Even that doesn't matter, as IIRC, He has spinal stenosis.

O.city
01-02-2013, 07:14 PM

He has to be better than Miller. He has to be a once in a generational type pass rusher.

Lawrence Taylor type guy. Same as the QB has to be LUck.

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Here's a post I made in another thread.

One thing that needs to be cleared up that #1 picks are more valuable under the new CBA than under the old one. You don't want to waste them.

The reasoning that says "well, we don't have to spend as much money on this #1 pick, so lets just pick a QB and roll the dice." That is bogus. The #1 pick is worth more in compensation through trades with the new CBA. You forfeit more potential players via trade now than ever before if you are not willing to trade down.

Look at the following non QB trades:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/sto.../trade-tracker

Cleveland Browns: Acquire pick No. 3 in 2012 Trent Richardson
Minnesota Vikings: Acquire picks No. 4, No. 118, No. 139 and No. 211 Matt Kalil

Jacksonville Jaguars: Acquire pick No. 5 in 2012 Justin Blackmon
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Acquire picks No. 7 and No. 101 Mark Barron

Dallas Cowboys: Acquire pick No. 6 in 2012 Morris Claiborne
St. Louis Rams: Acquire picks No. 14 and No. 45 Michael Brockers

Philadelphia Eagles: Acquire pick No. 12 in 2012 Fletcher Cox
Seattle Seahawks: Acquire picks No. 15, No. 114 and No. 172 Bruce Irvin

New England Patriots: Acquire pick No. 21 in 2012 Chandler Jones
Cincinnati Bengals: Acquire picks No. 27 and No. 93 Kevin Zeitler

NewEngland Patriots: Acquire pick No. 25 in 2012 Donta Hightower
Denver Broncos: Acquire picks No. 31 and No. 126 Doug Martin

Minnesota Vikings: Acquire pick No. 29 in 2012 Harrison Smith
Baltimore Ravens: Acquire picks No. 35 and No. 98 Courtney Upshaw

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Acquire picks No. 31 and No. 126 Doug Martin
Denver Broncos: Acquire picks No. 36 and No. 101 Derek Wolfe

O.city
01-02-2013, 07:16 PM
3 of those trades were top 10 trades, and how did they work out?

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Really? Are you serious? Really?

The guy who was swallowed against the run?

Didn't they say the same thing about Von Miller?

O.city
01-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Didn't they say the same thing about Von Miller?

That he has a severe medical issue? No.

Swallowed against the run? Yeah, at times. Not nearly as much as Jarvis.

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 07:28 PM
3 of those trades were top 10 trades, and how did they work out?

Potentially great for the Vikes and Rams. Vikes got Kalil. And Rams got Brockers and with the trade took Janorris Jenkins in the 2nd round b/c of the extra picks that were available with trade.

Have to wait and see how they all pan out.

O.city
01-02-2013, 07:29 PM
What is the common theme that all those teams who made the trades to go down ALREADY had?

threebag
01-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Sure as hell wasn't a gapping ****ing hole at Quarterback.

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 07:43 PM
What is the common theme that all those teams who made the trades to go down ALREADY had?

What about the 49ers, Browns, Seahawks, and Bengals?
49ers took their QB in the 2nd round
Browns took Weeden after taking Richardson
Seahawks took Wilson in the 3rd
Bengals took Dalton after taking Green with the 33rd pick

3 of those 4 teams are in the playoffs. Just b/c you need a QB doesn't mean that you have to get screwed on value.

The Chiefs could trade down or they could trade up back inot the first from their 2nd. The Chiefs have a lot of options. They could sit pat and take Bray with their 2nd round pick. They don't have to get screwed on value.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 07:52 PM

3 of those 4 teams are in the playoffs. Just b/c you need a QB doesn't mean that you have to get screwed on value.

The Chiefs could trade down or they could trade up back inot the first from their 2nd. The Chiefs have a lot of options. They could sit pat and take Bray with their 2nd round pick. They don't have to get screwed on value.

You should probably wait and see if they can actually WIN in the playoffs before you cite them as examples.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Potentially great for the Vikes and Rams. Vikes got Kalil. And Rams got Brockers and with the trade took Janorris Jenkins in the 2nd round b/c of the extra picks that were available with trade.

Have to wait and see how they all pan out.

Funny that the Vikings and Rams BOTH have first round QBs, isn't it?

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 07:55 PM
So you think the draft will go like this.

1. Chiefs (2-14) Geno Smith

2. Jaguars (2-14) Tyler Wilson

3. Raiders (4-12) Matt Barkley

4. Eagles (4-12) Mike Glennon

5. Lions (4-12) Jarvis Jones

6. Browns (5-11) Star L.

7. Cardinals (5-11) Aaron Murray

8. Bills (6-10) Tyler Bray

9. Jets (6-10) Ryan Nassib

10. Titans (6-10) Luke Joeckel

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 07:58 PM
7 out of the top ten picks would have to be QBs if you are the GM

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 08:01 PM
That type of logic is ridiculious. You don't just take a QB because you need one. You have to consider value and what type of player is available.

I wish we had a real franchise QB available with the top pick. But we don't. That doesn't mean we have to take one. We have other options to fill the QB position.

MahiMike
Heh.

Better list then I thought. Although none of them are MLB's.

1980 Rogers, GeorgeGeorge Rogers* South Carolina Running back 1,128 35.81%
1981 Allen, MarcusMarcus Allen^ USC Running back 1,797 57.05%
1982 Walker, HerschelHerschel Walker Georgia Running back 1,926 61.14%
1983 Rozier, MikeMike Rozier Nebraska Running back 1,801 57.17%
1984 Flutie, DougDoug Flutie Boston College Quarterback 2,240 71.11%
1985 Jackson, BoBo Jackson* Auburn Running back 1,509 47.90%
1986 Testaverde, VinnyVinny Testaverde* Miami Quarterback 2,213 70.25%
1987 Brown, TimTim Brown Notre Dame Wide receiver 1,442 45.78%
1988 Sanders, BarryBarry Sanders^ Oklahoma State Running back 1,878 68.27%
1989 Ware, AndreAndre Ware Houston Quarterback 1,073 38.96%
1990 Detmer, TyTy Detmer BYU Quarterback 1,482 53.87%
1991 Howard, DesmondDesmond Howard Michigan Wide receiver 2,077 75.50%
1992 Torretta, GinoGino Torretta Miami Quarterback 1,400 50.84%
1993 Ward, CharlieCharlie Ward Florida State Quarterback 1,743 83.79%
1994 Salaam, RashaanRashaan Salaam Colorado Running back 1,743 63.15%
1995 George, EddieEddie George Ohio State Running back 1,460 52.84%
1996 Wuerffel, DannyDanny Wuerffel Florida Quarterback 1,363 49.38%
1997 Woodson, CharlesCharles Woodson Michigan Cornerback/Punt returner 1,815 65.69%
1998 Williams, RickyRicky Williams Texas Running back 2,355 85.23%
1999 Dayne, RonRon Dayne Wisconsin Running back 2,042 73.83%
2000 Weinke, ChrisChris Weinke Florida State Quarterback 1,628 58.86%
2001 Crouch, EricEric Crouch Nebraska Quarterback 770 27.75%
2002 Palmer, CarsonCarson Palmer* USC Quarterback 1,328 48.01%
2003 White, JasonJason White Oklahoma Quarterback 1,481 53.54%
2004 Leinart, MattMatt Leinart USC Quarterback 1,325 47.85%
2005 Bush, ReggieReggie Bush
(vacated)[n 1] USC Running back 2,541 91.77%
2006 Smith, TroyTroy Smith Ohio State Quarterback 2,540 91.63%
2007 Tebow, TimTim Tebow Florida Quarterback 1,957 70.52%
2008 Bradford, SamSam Bradford* Oklahoma Quarterback 1,726 62.13%
2009 Ingram, Jr., MarkMark Ingram, Jr. Alabama Running back 1,304 46.99%
2010 Newton, CamCam Newton* Auburn Quarterback 2,263 81.55%
2011 Griffin III, RobertRobert Griffin III Baylor Quarterback 1,687 60.66%
2012 Manziel, JohnnyJohnny Manziel Texas A&M Quarterback 2,029 72.88%

Looks like about an 80% success rate in the NFL

SAUTO

Doesn't he have a spinal problem?
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
01-02-2013, 08:02 PM
That type of logic is ridiculious. You don't just take a QB because you need one. You have to consider value and what type of player is available.

I wish we had a real franchise QB available with the top pick. But we don't. That doesn't mean we have to take one. We have other options to fill the QB position.

So unless a Luck type prospect is available, you don't draft one?

notorious
01-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Where the fuck are these people coming from?

Mother fucking Christ! Let's just do the norm that has netted us 100% failure in everything.

threebag
01-02-2013, 08:06 PM
If Pioli would have just kept Orton we probably wouldn't be here right now.

MahiMike
01-02-2013, 08:10 PM

I agree with being able to take a QB in the 2nd round. Especially this year. I don't think value is all that important. I say there's no such thing as a reach. Either the guy plays for your team for 10 years or he doesn't. No one will care what spot he was picked.

O.city
01-02-2013, 08:11 PM
If you redrafted every draft, what positions do you think would go early with hindsight?

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 08:17 PM
I agree with being able to take a QB in the 2nd round. Especially this year. I don't think value is all that important. I say there's no such thing as a reach. Either the guy plays for your team for 10 years or he doesn't. No one will care what spot he was picked.

Guys picked higher have a higher probability of being "the" guy.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 08:17 PM
If Pioli would have just kept Orton we probably wouldn't be here right now.

Yeah, we'd be 8-8 and stuck in hell. No thanks.

MahiMike
01-02-2013, 08:20 PM

What is this 'logic' you speak of? This makes too much sense for this board. You take the predetermined preseason best QB no matter what!

O.city
01-02-2013, 08:21 PM
bubb, go back and redraft the last 5 drafts.

MahiMike
01-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Guys picked higher have a higher probability of being "the" guy.

I agree with that. Even if it's just a perceived value. Guys that are drafted higher than they should get plenty of chances.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 08:27 PM
What is this 'logic' you speak of? This makes too much sense for this board. You take the predetermined preseason best QB no matter what!

Exactly zero people have said that.

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 08:39 PM
I believe in taking QBs first overall. Geno is just not good enough to make that a smart choice.

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Do you believe that 7 QBs should go in the top ten? Since 7 of the top ten teams need replacements at QB.

Crush
01-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Teo is shitting himself against NFL-caliber talent. You know how to pick them Como.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-07-2013, 08:55 PM
ROFL Teo

RealSNR
01-07-2013, 08:56 PM
BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA :LOL:

If the Chiefs drafted Te'o they'd have one of the WORST LB units in the NFL. He'd be a giant gaping fucking hole that teams would run through on every down.

RealSNR
01-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Oof. Tough luck for the Wilson fans. CoMo just endorsed your boy. LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
01-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Somewhere in Columbia Mel Kiper and Como spoon together whilst sobbing in the fetal position.

Crush
01-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Missed tackles? Check
Shitty zone coverage? Check
The eyes of a leader? Whatever the fuck that means. Check
Plays a position less important than QB? Check

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

BigMeatballDave
01-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Heh...

Stumplifter
01-07-2013, 09:07 PM
flynns another cassel

This :doh!:

jd1020
01-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Should have kept this shit in DraftPlanet and hardly anyone would notice...