PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Andy Reid interview with Jim Rome

TribalElder
01-09-2013, 11:15 PM
After 14 season in Philadelphia, Andy Reid is now the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. On Wednesday, Reid joined Jim Rome to talk about his time with the Eagles, his arrival in Kansas City and what his successor can expect.

Reid shared some advice with his eventual and currently unknown successor by complimenting the city of Philadelphia and its fans.

“You enjoy that ride right there,” Reid said. “That’s a great city and they’re passionate. They’re going to let you know what’s good and what’s bad. It’s not going to be any different than you think.”

But when it comes to the Eagles, whoever takes over for Reid will ultimately be judged by wins and losses the way he was in 2012. He knows how badly the city wants a Super Bowl and he believes the Eagles are constructed to go after a championship.

“You can’t be sensitive. You gotta go in and you gotta be tough,” Reid said. “You gotta have an ego that’s built with shoe leather where you can keep yourself intact and go play and coach.

“They’re set up now. It’s a nice set up and Jeffrey Lurie is a good man. I just think it would be a great situation.”

http://jimrome.com/2013/01/09/reid-offers-advice-for-his-eagles-successor/#.UO4DqFpxCT8.twitter

Audio on the site

CaliforniaChief
01-09-2013, 11:22 PM
I heard the interview and loved it. Even Rome noticed how excited Andy is to be in KC.

TribalElder
01-09-2013, 11:23 PM
I heard the interview and loved it. Even Rome noticed how excited Andy is to be in KC.

The interview was a lot longer than the text. Touched on a few topics. Its cool he is all excited. Definitely worth a listen

Psyko Tek
01-09-2013, 11:34 PM
pleas cliff notes it I hate rome with the passion of a thousand suns
always think of him as the jersey shore of sports analists

Easy 6
01-10-2013, 12:23 AM
Sounds like he's just playing the good soldier, "oh yeah its GREAT there in philly, the dirty backstabbin mother****ers"

He wanted OUT, and if most of the scuttlebutt is true... who can blame him.

Munson
01-10-2013, 12:27 AM
pleas cliff notes it I hate rome with the passion of a thousand suns
always think of him as the jersey shore of sports analists

I also hate him. He's annoying as hell. The mere sound of his voice makes me want to punch a baby seal.

kcfanintitanhell
01-10-2013, 01:52 AM
I can't stand him either, so here is a brief payback...which most have seen anyway, but it always does my heart good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOVxitMy47c

AussieChiefsFan
01-10-2013, 06:24 AM
Best interview. :clap:

ILChief
01-10-2013, 06:43 AM
I hate Rome but I like him 1000x better than Cowherd

blaise
01-10-2013, 07:02 AM
I hate Rome but I like him 1000x better than Cowherd

I can't stand Cowherd.

ILChief
01-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Reid's about to be on mike and mike if anyone cares

boogblaster
01-10-2013, 07:14 AM
yup .....

Gonzo
01-10-2013, 08:20 AM
It's Greeaaatt. EPIC Interview. Andy Reid is GREAT. AWESOME.

Pause
Pause

GREAT!

WhiteWhale
01-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Nobody in the sports media does a better interview than Jim Rome.

If you avoid the interviews because you dislike his commentary, you are cheating yourself.

blaise
01-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Nobody in the sports media does a better interview than Jim Rome.

If you avoid the interviews because you dislike his commentary, you are cheating yourself.

I think Dan Patrick is the best interviewer. I'm not crazy about all the Dannette stuff, but as an interviewer he's the best. He doesn't let guys off the hook when they give cliche answers.