PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues The liberal west coast? One of them ain't giving up their guns.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-26-2013, 05:24 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/washington-state-prepares-gun-control-nullification-bill

Washington State prepares gun control nullification bill

As the call for more gun control continues, governors, lawmakers, sheriffs, and citizens across the country are taking a stand.

After the tragic Sandy Hook shooting, gun control advocates immediately jumped on the opportunity to dust off old gun control legislation, specifically advocating for a ban on "assault weapons."

Even though the FBI's own crime statistics show that more people are killed by blunt objects like hammers, than so called "assault rifles," the call to ban rifles from 99.9% of law abiding responsible gun owners, due to the action of a few, still remains.

Attorney General Eric Holder, most famous for shipping guns to drug cartels to undermine the second amendment as admitted by documents leaked to CBS News, is now pushing gun control proposals in the wake of President Obama's announcement on 23 Executive actions. Senator Diane Feinstein, well know for her anti-gun stance, has released a list of 157 rifles, handguns and shotguns that will be banned if her legislation passes Congress.

Over 90 Sheriffs have now come forward to say that they will uphold the Constitution and not enforce any new gun bans or measures. In Mississippi, Gov. Phil Bryant urged state lawmakers to immediately pass legislation that would make any unconstitutional order by the President illegal to enforce in Mississippi. A Texas lawmaker has taken it a step further, attempting to introduce legislation that would have federal officials arrested if they attempt to enforce new gun laws in the state. South Carolina, Tennessee and Indiana are drafting similar legislation as well.

Now in Washington State, Representatives have introduced HB 1371, The Washington State Firearms Freedom Act.

"Any federal law, rule, regulation, or order created or effective on or after January 1, 2013, shall be unenforceable within the borders of Washington if the law, rule, regulation, or order attempts to: (a) Ban or restrict ownership of a semiautomatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or (b) Require any firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner," the bill reads.

The bill leaves no important 2nd amendment right unchecked. "During the continuance of any state of emergency, neither the governor nor any governmental entity or political subdivision of the state shall impose any restriction on the possession, transfer, sale, transport, storage, display, or use of firearms or ammunition that is otherwise authorized or guaranteed by law," pg 7 reads.

Just 12 days ago I took my oath of office to uphold the US and Washington State Constitutions. Both are clear, the right to bear arms "shall not be impaired" or "infringed". We have already seen action at the Federal level to limit or control firearms contrary to the US Constitution. The Firearms Freedom Act simply upholds our constitutionally guaranteed rights," said Rep. David Taylor, the primary sponsor of the bill.

2nd amendment supporters are encouraged to contact Washington State Representatives and ask them to sponsor and support the bill.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rosters/Members.aspx?Chamber=H

Mr. Flopnuts
01-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Bravo to the state I spent the majority of my life living in. :clap:

Floridafan
01-26-2013, 06:38 PM
All 50 states need to do the same thing and tell D.C. to stay the hell out of our lives.

Kudo's to those legislators in the state of Washington for having the bullocks to stand up to the knuckleheads in D.C. I just wish the idiot running my state of Florida would do the same thing. Problem is he is so wrapped up in trying to make his supporters rich (Big Pharma and the hospitals) that he won't bother. It won't put money in his pocket.

Bwana
01-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Montana is doing something like that as well, I know, shocking! :)

Bowser
01-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Excellent

Raiderhader
01-26-2013, 07:42 PM
These are the types of actions (both sides) that lead to civil wars.

petegz28
01-26-2013, 07:47 PM
I worked with a consultant who was from Oregon a couple weeks ago and he was an admitted "Lefty-Liberal" and said the entire gun ban argument is bunk and the government has no business doing anything they are trying to ban or restrict anything. It was refreshing to hear someone from a very far left say this as it shows that common sense is not party specific.

petegz28
01-26-2013, 07:50 PM
These are the types of actions (both sides) that lead to civil wars.

Yes, it is. Except one side won't have shit and the other will have a shitload of guns!!! ROFL

Seriously though, DHS has hoarded over 1.4 billion rounds of ammunition, much of it hollow point. Keep in mind the military is not allowed to use hollow point ammo.

One has to seriously question why a government organization meant to protect the citizens inside this country is hording so much ammo while the head of said organization is supportive of restricting citizens from similar?

Prison Bitch
01-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Same state where the Governor tried to pass a gay marriage bill whereby churches would've been forced to allow gay marraiges to take place on site?

Yeah. Washington state sure believes in freedom. Um hum, yep, sure. Whatever you say.

Raiderhader
01-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Yes, it is. Except one side won't have shit and the other will have a shitload of guns!!! ROFL

Seriously though, DHS has hoarded over 1.4 billion rounds of ammunition, much of it hollow point. Keep in mind the military is not allowed to use hollow point ammo.

One has to seriously question why a government organization meant to protect the citizens inside this country is hording so much ammo while the head of said organization is supportive of restricting citizens from similar?

There is no question in my mind what is taking place. And it ain't good.

petegz28
01-26-2013, 07:57 PM
There is no question in my mind what is taking place. And it ain't good.

Well I am not sure what you think is going on but I will say that I think Obama and the Democrats are pushing close to a line they really don't need to be crossing. Given the current state of our country and the number of pissed off people, it isn't going to take too much to light a fuse they will wish they never lit.

stonedstooge
01-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Department of Homeland Security ordered 7,000 5.56x45mm select fire assault weapons last week categorized as Personal Defense Weapons. Wonder what they need those for?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/26/if-assault-weapons-are-bad-why-does-the-dhs-want-to-buy-7000-of-them-for-personal-defense/

Prison Bitch
01-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Well I am not sure what you think is going on but I will say that I think Obama and the Democrats are pushing close to a line they really don't need to be crossing. Given the current state of our country and the number of pissed off people, it isn't going to take too much to light a fuse they will wish they never lit.

And yet, he coasted to re-election with 332 electoral votes.

petegz28
01-26-2013, 08:05 PM
And yet, he coasted to re-election with 332 electoral votes.

None of this gun talk started until way after the election.

Prison Bitch
01-26-2013, 08:07 PM
None of this gun talk started until way after the election.

And what of it? Which of Obama's voter groups are against him on gun control - single women? Blacks & hispanics? Gays? The Teacher's union? I mean come on, they all support tougher gun laws. He wouldn't be pursuing it if it angered his own base.

The only people he's pissing off are the people who voted against him to begin with.

stonedstooge
01-26-2013, 08:09 PM
And what of it? Which of Obama's voter groups are against him on gun control - single women? Blacks & hispanics? Gays? The Teacher's union? I mean come on, they all support tougher gun laws. He wouldn't be pursuing it if it angered his own base.

The only people he's pissing off are the people who voted against him to begin with.

And a good percentage of those that didn't vote at all

petegz28
01-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Department of Homeland Security ordered 7,000 5.56x45mm select fire assault weapons last week categorized as Personal Defense Weapons. Wonder what they need those for?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/26/if-assault-weapons-are-bad-why-does-the-dhs-want-to-buy-7000-of-them-for-personal-defense/

Well how mother fucking quaint of Big Sis! I mean, fuck it, personal defense for her obviously doesn't mean the same when it comes to our personal defense.

AR-15 possessed by DHS = Personal Defense Weapon

AR-15 possessed by a citizen = Assault Weapon

petegz28
01-26-2013, 08:12 PM

Gonna disagree with you there

stonedstooge
01-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Well how mother ****ing quaint of Big Sis! I mean, **** it, personal defense for her obviously doesn't mean the same when it comes to our personal defense.

AR-15 possessed by DHS = Personal Defense Weapon

AR-15 possessed by a citizen = Assault Weapon

Being select fire, they can go fully automatic

Raiderhader
01-26-2013, 08:18 PM

Hence my civil war post. The one issue that is guaranteed to be a powder keg deciding once and for all who runs the country, the states and the people, or the federal government, and now the fuse is lit.

Munson
01-26-2013, 08:20 PM

WTF! These assholes want a true select-fire assault weapon for self defense, but they want to take away our semi-auto AR-15's because they're too dangerous?

Do they really need 7,000 assault weapons? Just about every anti-gun liberal says that nobody needs an assault weapon.

And who are they trying to defend themselves from?

Raiderhader
01-26-2013, 08:22 PM

Hunters compromise a good portion of both parties.

And Obama has nothing to lose by pursuing what ever he wants now, he's already been re-elected. You thought the first four years was bad....

Raiderhader
01-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Being select fire, they can go fully automatic

Which is why the fire arms that the average person currently has access to is NOT an assault weapon. One of the biggest lies ever, and very few people seem interested in debunking it.

DementedLogic
01-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Washington is actually a pretty diverse state. Everything outside of Seattle is actually purple-red. It's just the shit hole of Seattle that makes the state so blue.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-27-2013, 05:55 AM
Washington is actually a pretty diverse state. Everything outside of Seattle is actually purple-red. It's just the shit hole of Seattle that makes the state so blue.

Bullshit. The entire Puget Sound region which consists of far more than Seattle. All of King County is blue. Snohomish County, blue. Pierce County, blue. Bellingham where Western Washington University is, blue. Ellensburg home of Central Washington U, blue. Pullman which houses Wazzu, I believe is blue, but not positive.

You're right in the regard that the Eastern part of the state is red, but the West side carries the elections due to the larger population, and they're almost all blue. There's a reason that state hasn't had a Republican governor in over 30 years. It's much more heavily populated on the west side of the state, and they are die hard liberals.

CoMoChief
01-27-2013, 06:35 AM
Montana is doing something like that as well, I know, shocking! :)

If I was able to do it and was financially able and didn't have to worry about work/money....I'd move to Montana in a heartbeat.

It's fuckin beatiful up there.

notorious
01-27-2013, 07:46 AM
The civil war talk is laughable, at the moment.

It will take a LOT for people to leave their children at home to die for a cause.

Raiderhader
01-27-2013, 08:53 AM

It will take a LOT for people to leave their children at home to die for a cause.

Do not underestimate this issue. Guns are ingrained in the American way of life and pschye. Once that comes under serious attack people will suddenly realize, "hey, it actually could happen here". Hopefully we can avert all of this but, there is nothing about Obama that says to me he going to let this quietly go away. He intends to force his will.

It was always going to come down to the Second Amendment.

rockymtnchief
01-27-2013, 08:57 AM

Sadly, if it did, we're outnumbered.

notorious
01-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Things are piling up, but it will take a Federal physical force in State applying law from Washington DC to push the issue.

If that were to happen, there will be isolated fights between fed and citizens, in which the government will try to paint the picture as "terrorist acts" to try to pin the rest of the population against the freedom fighters.

Military will be brought in, against the State's will, blowing the whole thing up.

Not going to happen any time soon.

Raiderhader
01-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Things are piling up, but it will take a Federal physical force in State applying law from Washington to push the issue.

If that were to happen, there will be isolated fights between fed and citizens, in which the government will try to paint the picture as "terrorist acts" to try to pin the rest of the population against the freedom fighters.

Military will be brought in, against the State's will, blowing the whole thing up.

Not going to happen any time soon.

But it isn't just Washington. Other states, counties and individuals are saying that they have no intention of complying. The lines are being drawn in the sand. The states appear to being trying to reclaim their authority they lost due to the out come of the Civil War. Hell, Arizona and the administration have been waging a legal battle over this for a couple of years now (nothing to do with guns). Individuals also are taking stands for their rights. Look at the DC and Chicago gun cases. Not to mention the people of New York State saying they have no intention of abiding by the recent law passed. Now the fed can try and claim all of these individuals and states are terrorists but, they are going to have a hard time selling that.

And to be clear, I only said these are the type of actions that LEAD to civil wars, not necessarily start them. Though, if there is any truth to Obama applying a litmus test to his military commanders to see if they would fire on Americans, I think you will see things escalate very quickly. And also, if that is actually happening, he ain't just planning to disarm the country, he's planning on staying in power.

LiveSteam
01-27-2013, 10:46 AM
& in FLA they be drilling & prepping

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ri9ioCbqJCU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious
01-27-2013, 10:47 AM
But it isn't just Washington. Other states, counties and individuals are saying that they have no intention of complying. The lines are being drawn in the sand. The states appear to being trying to reclaim their authority they lost due to the out come of the Civil War. Hell, Arizona and the administration have been waging a legal battle over this for a couple of years now (nothing to do with guns). Individuals also are taking stands for their rights. Look at the DC and Chicago gun cases. Not to mention the people of New York State saying they have no intention of abiding by the recent law passed. Now the fed can try and claim all of these individuals and states are terrorists but, they are going to have a hard time selling that.

And to be clear, I only said these are the type of actions that LEAD to civil wars, not necessarily start them. Though, if there is any truth to Obama applying a litmus test to his military commanders to see if they would fire on Americans, I think you will see things escalate very quickly. And also, if that is actually happening, he ain't just planning to disarm the country, he's planning on staying in power.

I should have said Washington DC. My mistake.

notorious
01-27-2013, 10:50 AM
If DC thinks that the military will fire on it's own citizens, this country is truely fucked.

I may be stupid by citing a TV show, but the end of "Jericho" comes to mind. The military would be split.

dirk digler
01-27-2013, 10:54 AM
All of this talk about civil war and scared about the government buying ammunition in bulk as some kind of conspiracy is fucking stupid.

All you people that think this need to take your loaded gun, stick it in your mouth and pull the trigger. Do the world a favor and quit taking oxygen away from the rest of us sane ones.

LiveSteam
01-27-2013, 11:09 AM
All of this talk about civil war and scared about the government buying ammunition in bulk as some kind of conspiracy is fucking stupid.

All you people that think this need to take your loaded gun, stick it in your mouth and pull the trigger. Do the world a favor and quit taking oxygen away from the rest of us sane ones.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/601249_10151219902990773_655458004_n.jpg

dirk digler
01-27-2013, 11:12 AM

And here I thought some liberals were crazy when Bush was in office but you are delusional.

dirk digler
01-27-2013, 11:16 AM
.http://spacereptilesareyourfriend.com/images/helmut-newton-gun-in-mouth.jpg

LiveSteam
01-27-2013, 11:22 AM
http://spacereptilesareyourfriend.com/images/helmut-newton-gun-in-mouth.jpg

LMAO

Raiderhader
01-27-2013, 11:59 AM
If DC thinks that the military will fire on it's own citizens, this country is truely fucked.

I may be stupid by citing a TV show, but the end of "Jericho" comes to mind. The military would be split.

Agreed on both counts.

Raiderhader
01-27-2013, 12:03 PM
And here I thought some liberals were crazy when Bush was in office but you are delusional.

Yes, because in the history of the world dictators have never existed. The "it'll never happen here" mentality is exactly what allows such things to happen.

You should try sitting down and reading a history book, see just what evil people and governments alike are capable of.

dirk digler
01-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes, because in the history of the world dictators have never existed. The "it'll never happen here" mentality is exactly what allows such things to happen.

You should try sitting down and reading a history book, see just what evil people and governments alike are capable of.

Maybe you should then you wouldn't think Obama is a dictator

A Salt Weapon
01-27-2013, 01:27 PM
There's a reason that state hasn't had a Republican governor in over 30 years.

Don't forget the rampant voter fraud/questionable counting practices as well, now that they are a 100% mail in voting, the state will never see a "R" elected again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raiderhader
01-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Maybe you should then you wouldn't think Obama is a dictator

It's because I have studied history that I know him to be one. Or an attempted one anyway.

RNR
01-27-2013, 02:44 PM
It's because I have studied history that I know him to be one. Or an attempted one anyway.

He is unlike any president of my life time. He has hardcore fans. They view him like a youngster views a rock star or a pro athlete. It is amazing to witness people cheer this guy blindly unwilling to blame him for anything. He is their hero. If this incompetent embarrassment was not in a position to do serious harm to our country it would be amusing~

dirk digler
01-27-2013, 02:47 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Prison Bitch
01-27-2013, 02:58 PM
And a good percentage of those that didn't vote at all

That isn't even remotely true. Among the 50% of the public who didn't plan to vote, an overwhelming portion of them preferred Obama to Romney. By a 3-1 margin:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/aug/15/non-voters-prefer-obama-poll-finds/

Prison Bitch
01-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Hunters compromise a good portion of both parties.

Comprise. Anyway, I'd like to see your evidence of that.

Raiderhader
01-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Comprise. Anyway, I'd like to see your evidence of that.

:spock: You seriously think just because some one is a registered democrat they don't hunt? Hunting crosses party lines and has always maintained strong support, even among those that do not hunt or hunt actively.

Now Obama's base, the fringe left whackos, are not going to have a problem with doing away with guns all together. But in the main stream of the country, this is a big issue.

Raiderhader
01-27-2013, 04:13 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

If I'm wrong about this I'll GLADLY eat all of the crow anyone hear wants to shove down my throat.

But I'm not.

Raiderhader
01-27-2013, 04:16 PM
He is unlike any president of my life time. He has hardcore fans. They view him like a youngster views a rock star or a pro athlete. It is amazing to witness people cheer this guy blindly unwilling to blame him for anything. He is their hero. If this incompetent embarrassment was not in a position to do serious harm to our country it would be amusing~

The anti-Christ label that has been thrown at him would be very easy to believe if he wasn't such a polarizing figure. The rock star status is absolute bewildering.

Prison Bitch
01-27-2013, 04:22 PM
:spock: You seriously think just because some one is a registered democrat they don't hunt? Hunting crosses party lines and has always maintained strong support, even among those that do not hunt or hunt actively.

I was just curious what data you are using to support that point. That's all.

Now Obama's base, the fringe left whackos, are not going to have a problem with doing away with guns all together. But in the main stream of the country, this is a big issue.

That's my entire point: Obama's base DOES hate guns. And that base is a vast majority of his voters. I am highly suspicious of any argument that claims Obama was winning any reasonable portion of gun owners.

Raiderhader
01-27-2013, 04:33 PM
I was just curious what data you are using to support that point. That's all.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/hunting-fishing/national-survey-shows-continued-support-for-hunting-and-shooting-sports-223760/

That's my entire point: Obama's base DOES hate guns. And that base is a vast majority of his voters. I am highly suspicious of any argument that claims Obama was winning any reasonable portion of gun owners.

You have too high an estimation of the percentage of the population the fringe left makes up. Obama had most card carrying democratic gun owners because up that point he hadn't really touched the issue. There are plenty of union members nation wide who vote democrat because they are suppose to who also love to hunt. And wouldn't surprise me if they are not as liberal as their voting would suggest (I have no data for that, merely speculation).

stonedstooge
01-27-2013, 04:40 PM
That isn't even remotely true. Among the 50% of the public who didn't plan to vote, an overwhelming portion of them preferred Obama to Romney. By a 3-1 margin:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/aug/15/non-voters-prefer-obama-poll-finds/

43%= 3 to 1? Is that the New Math?

Prison Bitch
01-27-2013, 06:53 PM
43%= 3 to 1? Is that the New Math?

Read the article again.