PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Find You Way To The Green Card!

Direckshun
01-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Below is a comprehensive flowchart that shows how immigrants can go about obtaining a green card.

This is hysterical, and totally real.

http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/immigration-flowchart-roadmap-to-green-card.pdf

It's worth checking out.

It's actually how our current immigration system operates.

Wow.

Direckshun
01-29-2013, 02:18 PM
A snapshot:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2013/01/immigration-flowchart.gif

pr_capone
01-29-2013, 02:19 PM
I want to read this flowchart but I need Superman's eyes to make out the tiny print. lol

Direckshun
01-29-2013, 02:19 PM
I want to read this flowchart but I need Superman's eyes to make out the tiny print. lol

You can blow up the PDF in the bottom corner to take a closer look.

It's labyrinthine.

KC Dan
01-29-2013, 02:21 PM
not any more screwed up than this one:

blaise
01-30-2013, 07:40 AM
Some friends of ours from Scotland just got theirs. They didn't seem to think it was too hard.

2bikemike
01-30-2013, 08:29 AM
I don't really see a problem with it. Am I missing something?

RaiderH8r
01-30-2013, 02:52 PM
You can blow up the PDF in the bottom corner to take a closer look.

It's labyrinthine.

I'm not saying our immigration system isn't a fucked up labyrinth of bureaucratic bullshit. I'm saying there's a long fucking line to go through that shit and it forms to the left. Obey the fucking line.

And BTW, getting approval from just about any government agency to do anything of consequence in the US involves a very similar flow chart. And you wonder why people think Big Government is a problem.

La literatura
01-30-2013, 02:56 PM
I don't really see a problem with it. Am I missing something?

Does the complexity of the system promote illegal immigration and brain draining? Of course, there's not a box and a line for it on the chart, but that could be the result.

Iowanian
01-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Have you ever compared this to what it is like to get citizenship in other countries?

I know a young man who moved to Vienna to marry a girl.
He has many requirements, including passing an oral and written test in their native language to prove fluency or he's out.

La literatura
01-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Have you ever compared this to what it is like to get citizenship in other countries?

I know a young man who moved to Vienna to marry a girl.
He has many requirements, including passing an oral and written test in their native language to prove fluency or he's out.

Austria -- the land of the free, the beacon of opportunity, the shining city on the hill for the rest of the world to inspire to.

And the birthplace of Adolf Hitler.

Iowanian
01-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Austria is also a place a lot of people in Europe want to live.

Pick another country.

Want to become a citizen of Spain? Russia? Portugal?

Your example proves my point though. The United States IS a hot destination. People from all over the world want to come here to live
to benefit from our opportunities yet they don't want to pay the price of admission. It's a big reward, if you're not willing to go through a
little bit of effort to join the team, you don't deserve the rewards of our citizenship. Period.