PDA

View Full Version : General Politics California Dems now going after grandfathered guns and want to further tax ammunition

pr_capone
01-30-2013, 12:24 PM
"AB 174 (Asm. Rob Bonta, D-Oakland)) - Would begin the conversation on ending the grandfathering of existing weapons which are now illegal to purchase but are still legal to posses."

AB 187 (Asm. Bonta) Would place a tax on the sale of ammunition in California with proceeds going to a high crime prevention fund that would be used in targeted jurisdictions suffering from high rates of violent crime. “In communities like Oakland and Stockton, parents are afraid to let their children play outside while gun violence ravages the streets,” Assemblymember Bonta said. “We must take swift action to get these communities the resources they need, and in AB 187 I propose to do so through a tax on ammunition.”

Yes... you read that last one right. We, the law abiding citizens will now have to pay what amounts to a sin tax on ammo because children are afraid to play outside.

http://kiem-tv.com/node/4668

petegz28
01-30-2013, 12:25 PM
No grandfathering? Yep, they don't want to take away your guns or anything

Bowser
01-30-2013, 12:25 PM
We should ban air. If the people that wish to do harm couldn't breathe air, nobody would ever get hurt.

2bikemike
01-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Freaking liberal supermajority will probably get it passed too! This State is so fugged. My only hope is Brown doesn't sign.

CrazyPhuD
01-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Freaking liberal supermajority will probably get it passed too! This State is so fugged. My only hope is Brown doesn't sign.

Doesn't matter if Brown signs or not. That's one of the only two issues the super majority matters. A they can raise taxes and B they can override vetos.

But frankly these aren't huge concerns. Both laws are so overreaching they will get donkey punched in the courts. They might be able to institute a extra % ammo tax but never a per bullet. Because it more than doubles the price of ammo like 22LR. It will become an unreasonable burden. But then again I have something like 40K rounds of 22lr so what do I care?

Pass ammo laws in CA and people will just go to NV to buy or order online.

2bikemike
01-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Doesn't matter if Brown signs or not. That's one of the only two issues the super majority matters. A they can raise taxes and B they can override vetos.

But frankly these aren't huge concerns. Both laws are so overreaching they will get donkey punched in the courts. They might be able to institute a extra % ammo tax but never a per bullet. Because it more than doubles the price of ammo like 22LR. It will become an unreasonable burden. But then again I have something like 40K rounds of 22lr so what do I care?

Pass ammo laws in CA and people will just go to NV to buy or order online.

They tried to pass legislation that would prohibit online sales of Ammo, which didn't work out so well. And your right I travel to Arizona and Nevada quite a bit so Ammo purchases wouldn't be a problem for me.

chiefforlife
01-30-2013, 05:49 PM
California has become such a joke in so many ways!!

2bikemike
01-30-2013, 10:12 PM
California has become such a joke in so many ways!!

Such a beautiful place to live, awsome climate, there is so much to do and see. You can go to the mountains to play in the snow in the morning and watch a sunset on the beach that evening. If it wasn't for the high cost of living, high taxes and liberal politics I would stay here upon retirement. But unless LA and the Bay area fall into the ocean I am outta here in a few years.

Comrade Crapski
01-31-2013, 11:21 AM
Damn the economy, full speed ahead!

http://tpc.pc2.netdna-cdn.com/images/Medal_Order_of_Obama_160.gif