PDA

View Full Version : ****Chiefsplanet's Official School Shooting Thread****

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2013, 01:46 PM
May as well roll all of these up into one thread with how often they're happening.

Another one just happened in Atlanta in a middle school. I'll dial up the reports.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/20896008/report-possible-school-shooting-in-atlanta

ATLANTA -
A 14-year-old student was shot in the head at Price Middle School in Atlanta on Thursday, police confirm.

According to Atlanta Police spokesman Carlos Campos, police responded to a call of a student shot around 1:50 p.m. They found a wounded student outside of a building. The student was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital and was said to be alert and conscious.

A suspect has been taken into custody, Campos said. That suspect has tentatively been identified as a student, according to police.

A teacher suffered minor injuries and was treated at the scene, according to an Atlanta Fire Department spokesperson. That teacher was not shot.

No other students were injured, Campos said.

The school is on lockdown, and authorities say parents are not being allowed to pickup their children at this time. Only school officials are being allowed on campus as police investigate the shooting. School officials are coordinating "an orderly dismissal" according to Campos.

Atlanta Public Schools said via Twitter that walking students will be released at normal dismissal time, followed by carpool riders and then buses will take students home.

The school is located on Benjamin Weldon Bickers Drive.

According to a tweet from Atlanta Public Schools, Carver High School and Slater Elementary School, which are close to Price, are also on lockdown.

Pestilence
01-31-2013, 01:47 PM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/31/16793842-14-year-old-boy-shot-at-atlanta-middle-school-officials-say?lite

A 14-year-old was shot and a teacher was injured at a middle school in Atlanta on Thursday afternoon, officials said.

Live video from NBC station WXIA-TV showed police, emergency vehicles and an ambulance around Price Middle School, which is south of downtown Atlanta.

Police told the station that both of the injured people were alert, conscious and breathing. Later the station, citing school district and fire department officials, said that a 14-year-old was shot in head. The teacher reportedly suffered injuries during the panic during the incident.

The 14-year-old was taken to Grady Hospital. There was no word on the condition of either the 14-year-old or the teacher.

One suspect was in custody, WXIA and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reported.

The school was in lockdown and parents were asked not to come to the school at the moment.

QuikSsurfer
01-31-2013, 01:48 PM
I don't like this..

Dayze
01-31-2013, 01:49 PM
"Yo...you wann kill someone today"?

"Hell, yeah"

"what do you t hink we should do"

"I'll tell what we should do; kill someone.....like at a school....then come home and watch what we did on TV!"

"Hellz yeah"
*High five*

Deberg_1990
01-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Will the surviving classmates get to sing at Sundays Super Bowl?

B14ckmon
01-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Ban all guns.

ChiTown
01-31-2013, 01:54 PM
What ever happened to settling shit in the parking lot after school (fists, not guns). This is a crazy fucking world we are living in. Man...

WayneBowe
01-31-2013, 01:55 PM
At this rate, this thread could hit the 10k mark by April.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2013, 01:56 PM
What ever happened to settling shit in the parking lot after school (fists, not guns). This is a crazy fucking world we are living in. Man...

Yeah. 2 things in my opinion. 1. Kids are afraid of ass whoopings, and the embarrassment that comes with it due to bullying being escalated to outside of school like online, and what not. 2. Just a blatant lack of respect for life. And that's on their parents.

KC Tattoo
01-31-2013, 01:57 PM
It bothers me that I can walk into my kids school without being met by any security what so ever. Just can walk on into the office, everyone would be an easy target. I think the schools need to up security big time. They do need to take extra precautions even the small town schools arn't exempt from a random act of violence.

Dayze
01-31-2013, 02:00 PM
Yeah. 2 things in my opinion. 1. Kids are afraid of ass whoopings, and the embarrassment that comes with it due to bullying being escalated to outside of school like online, and what not. 2. Just a blatant lack of respect for life. And that's on their parents.

yep; old man taught me that it's better to fight and lose, than not fight at all.
I came away many a fight where I probably 'lost'....but not before making the other MF bleed.

Kids are soft. they never leave the house. never had the wind knocked out of them when a branch on the tree they're climinbing snaps (as if they would even climb a tree); never tried to do backflips out of a swing and land on your head.

...never done anything to toughen them up a bit. Pussy ass parents are a big part of it too.
$100 says the kid who did this, walks all over his parents.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2013, 02:00 PM
At this rate, this thread could hit the 10k mark by April.

I said after the last one a week or so ago that we should just make a thread with how fucking fast they're happening all of a sudden. Decided to pull the trigger. Oooh, bad form. :shake:

Iowanian
01-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Some of this is just what it is...violent Crime.

It's not more popular, it's just more vogue to report and over-react about.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Some of this is just what it is...violent Crime.

It's not more popular, it's just more vogue to report and over-react about.

I've been wondering about that. Has this been going on all along and is just now all of a sudden being reported because it's the in thing? If so, that's fucking scary in itself.

Canofbier
01-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Oh, man...this is going to look phenomenal to visitors, floating on the front page of our forum for the rest of eternity. :D

frankotank
01-31-2013, 02:30 PM
"DC type political remarks"

http://www.bassmuseum.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/grey-area-web-header.jpg

frankotank
01-31-2013, 02:32 PM
I've been wondering about that. Has this been going on all along and is just now all of a sudden being reported because it's the in thing? If so, that's ****ing scary in itself.

you almost never hear or see the reports of self defense shootings.
but they happen all the time.

GloryDayz
01-31-2013, 02:33 PM
Crap....

HemiEd
01-31-2013, 02:40 PM

But he probably scored eleventy billion on "Dark Souls."

Easy 6
01-31-2013, 02:42 PM
yep; old man taught me that it's better to fight and lose, than not fight at all.
I came away many a fight where I probably 'lost'....but not before making the other MF bleed.

Kids are soft. they never leave the house. never had the wind knocked out of them when a branch on the tree they're climinbing snaps (as if they would even climb a tree); never tried to do backflips out of a swing and land on your head.

...never done anything to toughen them up a bit. Pussy ass parents are a big part of it too.

Agreed, it really seems like a lot of kids today dont have basic life skills, their heads are just filled up with too much useless crap foisted on them by todays world.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2013, 02:44 PM
I don't like this..
this ... every shooting should get it's own thread and own discussion imo

even if it's just out of some small attempt to honor the dead

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2013, 02:56 PM
I don't like this..

this ... every shooting should get it's own thread and own discussion imo

even if it's just out of some small attempt to honor the dead

I completely understand the thought this somehow trivializes these tragedies. I'm not against seperate threads being made for each individual occurrence. Not at all. At this point though, I'll be curious as fuck to look back at the end of the year, and see just how many are in here. While I pray this is the only one, I'm not naive enough to believe it will be. I don't mean any disrespect, but I can see how it comes across.

CrazyPhuD
01-31-2013, 03:07 PM
Would reports of kids shooting drugs in school also go in this thread?

Mr. Kotter
01-31-2013, 03:08 PM
Bad idea IMHO...each incident deserves a thread of it's own. It will survive or die on it's own merit. If we don't like the "politics" of the thread, send it to DC--and those who want can follow it there. Most of us are appalled at this crap, but many of us are also sick of the political theatrics, histrionics, and bullshit from both sides of this idiotic debate in which neither side seems capable of rational reasoning skills.

Chocolate Hog
01-31-2013, 03:13 PM

Those dont get media attention.

BourbonMan
01-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Bad idea IMHO...each incident deserves a thread of it's own. It will survive or die on it's own merit. If we don't like the "politics" of the thread, send it to DC--and those who want can follow it there. Most of us are appalled at this crap, but many of us are also sick of the political theatrics, histrionics, and bullshit from both sides of this idiotic debate in which neither side seems capable of rational reasoning skills.

THIS!!!

3rd&48ers
01-31-2013, 03:27 PM

That's kinda a political statement.. Just saying :thumb:

Mr. Flopnuts
01-31-2013, 03:29 PM

THIS!!!

Deal. Again, I'm not here to offend anyone and enough people have complained about it (rightfully so, I may add) that I'm going to ship this off to DC, and let the politards have at it. I can still track the information I want to track, and hopefully everyone is good with that. My apologies to anyone offended. This is some sick, twisted, shit going on in the world today.

Bewbies
01-31-2013, 03:29 PM
I could be wrong, maybe my fellow ATLers can correct me, but this school is in a ghetto ass area. Pretty sure I wouldn't dream of going there after dark...

CoMoChief
01-31-2013, 03:38 PM
What ever happened to settling shit in the parking lot after school (fists, not guns). This is a crazy ****ing world we are living in. Man...

This is what happens now when both parties regardless of whos at fault, get expelled/suspended for fighting.

you no longer have the right to defend yourself.

Wumbology
01-31-2013, 03:41 PM
Fox 4 news ambushed me in the student union at UMKC today. Some woman bum rushed me while I was being a lazy ass watching people play xbox between classes so I couldn't really say "no I'm busy" when she asked me for an interview. They asked me about how college students deal with stress. I was just like idk everyone handles it differently then she asked me if I think UMKC needs more mental health professionals. Apparently we only have 1 for every 2300 students when we're supposed to have 1 for every 1500. I was just like well everyone should have access to that kind of thing if they need it, but I don't know if we need more, I've never needed that kind of help, if they're swamped and can't help everyone then yeah they need more but if they're not I don't see it being a problem. Then she asks me if it worries me that we don't have enough in light of all of the recent school shootings to which I said "No, not really." She then looks at me like I'm a psychopath and says "So you're saying these things don't happen?" I wanted to say "No you stupid bitch I'm not a fucking moron." but I just said clearly they do, I just don't put a lot of thought into things like that. (Because I don't. I'm absolutely sick of hearing about things like this and think that the best way to end them is to ignore them. Plus I'm a 19 year old male college student, not a demographic known to care about their own personal saftey.) But the moral of the story is I'm really sick of all of this shit and all the media coverage these shootings get and I hope they don't air it. I was just trying to watch some NBA2k13. Sorry for the long ass post it just kinda pissed me off and I wanted to share.

Funny side note: I was sitting with a group of about 6 black guys in front of the TV and she walked directly up to me, the only white guy, and asked me for an interview.

Radar Chief
01-31-2013, 03:48 PM
I've been wondering about that. Has this been going on all along and is just now all of a sudden being reported because it's the in thing? If so, that's ****ing scary in itself.

Well, gun crimes and violent crimes in general are down and trending even further down. School shootings may actually be up though. Last statistics I saw were from ’11 since they weren’t available for ’12 yet.

Radar Chief
01-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Funny side note: I was sitting with a group of about 6 black guys in front of the TV and she walked directly up to me, the only white guy, and asked me for an interview.

That is kinda funny.

Direckshun
01-31-2013, 05:30 PM
This thread makes me sad.

LiveSteam
01-31-2013, 05:33 PM
This thread makes me sad.

Buy a gun. It will make you happy

Direckshun
01-31-2013, 05:41 PM
Buy a gun. It will make you happy

A warm gun?

Frazod
01-31-2013, 05:43 PM
A warm gun?

They tend to warm up pretty quick when you start shooting them.

Bewbies
01-31-2013, 05:47 PM
So the suspect was stopped by an armed police man? This story will die quickly, unlike the kids in the school. Thanks Mr Policeman!!

http://bit.ly/WEm4Pd (on my phone)

stevieray
01-31-2013, 05:58 PM
this year notoriety
got all confused with fame
and the devil is downhearted baby
cause there's nothing left for him to claim.

/Henley

mlyonsd
01-31-2013, 06:04 PM
Anybody banned yet?

Direckshun
01-31-2013, 06:22 PM
Anybody banned yet?

No AustinChief sightings yet. LMAO

ClevelandBronco
02-20-2013, 08:50 PM
No shooting. Just weapons:

Weapons found on Standley Lake High's grounds in Jefferson County
The Denver Post

The discovery of four guns on school property forced heightened security at a Jefferson County high school Wednesday afternoon.

The incident began when a shotgun and a rifle were found at about 12:50 p.m. by a campus supervisor between two sheds on the athletic fields of Standley Lake High School.

The school was put on lockout Wednesday afternoon...

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22629736/shotgun_rifle_found_standley_lake_high_school_grounds

Direckshun
02-20-2013, 08:53 PM
God.

You had me all freaked out, CB.

ClevelandBronco
02-20-2013, 09:01 PM
God.

It's pretty late in the day for news of a school shooting to break.

Did you listen to This American Life this week on NPR?

Part one of the story of a completely screwed up place: Harper High School in Chicago and the neighborhoods surrounding it. I don't know how those people survive. A pretty large number don't.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/

Direckshun
02-20-2013, 09:03 PM
I haven't, not at all. Hm...

rockymtnchief
02-20-2013, 10:04 PM
I kid you not, in my day, a quarter of the pick-ups had a rifle or two hanging in the gun rack and probably a pistol under the seat. (School of 2000 kids) Nobody was ever shot.

Frazod
02-20-2013, 11:15 PM
God.

Sorry, dude. Better luck next time.

Radar Chief
02-21-2013, 05:47 AM
I kid you not, in my day, a quarter of the pick-ups had a rifle or two hanging in the gun rack and probably a pistol under the seat. (School of 2000 kids) Nobody was ever shot.

Same here, rifles/shotguns hanging on racks in the back window of trucks filled the parking lot, and it's not like we didn't have fights either, just that nobody considered grabbing a gun.