PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Newtown Calls for Armed School Officers

petegz28
02-01-2013, 08:20 AM
The Newtown Board of Education will be asking the town to make room for more armed police officers in its budget.

In a meeting Thursday, the board voted to request the town to add full time uniformed school resource officers to its four elementary school s for the next fiscal year was approved this evening.
The officers would be Newtown police officers.

“Our parents are demanding of us that things are made safe and secure and certain measures areput in place,” said Chairwoman Debbie Leidlein. “So we’re being very thoughtful.”

Multiple police officers have been stationed at all Newtown schools since the December 14th shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary killed twenty children and 6 teachers. Those officers will remain at the school through the remainder of the school year. For the next fiscal year, resource officers were budgeted only to be at Middle and High Schools.

Parents say security involves more than a police presence. “My main concern is with accessibility to these school, said Neil Johnson, a parent of two Newtown students. “On december 14th that was the main bare-boned reason that occurred.”

“After what happened in our community, i just think we should go over and above and provide a shining example for the rest of the world and protect our kids,” said resident Donna Lorenz.
Members of the Board of Education will be meeting Friday with state and federal officials on securing additions funding for school security.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Newtown-Votes-for-Armed-School-Officers-189320221.html?dr

Ace Gunner
02-01-2013, 08:25 AM
prison style is good for everyone

blaise
02-01-2013, 08:48 AM

It's their town, their school, their board. If the people there don't like it they can change it.

durtyrute
02-01-2013, 08:49 AM
http://ego-maniac.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Charles-Montgomery-Burns-Excellent.jpg

Direckshun
02-01-2013, 09:02 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=148&pictureid=1274

mnchiefsguy
02-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Awww....poor Deflection has his panties all in a bunch, because parents in Newtown might just believe that guns can be used for self defense. It is a local NBC new story, give it a rest.

pr_capone
02-01-2013, 10:42 AM

Betcha the students and parents in Atlanta were thrilled that there was an armed guard at the school yesterday.

Ace Gunner
02-01-2013, 11:40 AM
betcha if we put police everywhere we will have spent unwisely. I got no problem with police or policing. I got big problem with police stationed at the malls, the schools, the airports, the.. the.. the..

growing gov't is not good. k. JFC they are the most inefficient means to an end, most folks agree. they can't even deliver mail without going bankrupt.

We have the laws, we have the records (see the thread breaking down crime stats in mass. and note 80% of all violent crime comes from folks already in the DOJ system) and we don't make the DOJ accountable.

Yet, you want me to sign off on more police, more DOJ lawlessness. No.

Make the DOJ work as is except you know, uh, better, put trained physicians back in charge of DOJ appointed nuthouses for the nuts like spanky at sandy hook and call me in the morning.

listopencil
02-01-2013, 11:56 AM
betcha if we put police everywhere we will have spent unwisely. I got no problem with police or policing. I got big problem with police stationed at the malls, the schools, the airports, the.. the.. the..

growing gov't is not good. k. JFC they are the most inefficient means to an end, most folks agree. they can't even deliver mail without going bankrupt.

We have the laws, we have the records (see the thread breaking down crime stats in mass. and note 80% of all violent crime comes from folks already in the DOJ system) and we don't make the DOJ accountable.

Make the DOJ work as is except you know, uh, better, put trained physicians back in charge of DOJ appointed nuthouses for the nuts like spanky at sandy hook and call me in the morning.

Meanwhile, the citizens of the Sandy Hook community agree with the NRA.

blaise
02-01-2013, 12:00 PM

I don't think the DOJ is putting the guards at the Newtown school. Probably local police that they're budgeting for.

Ace Gunner
02-01-2013, 12:06 PM
I don't think the DOJ is putting the guards at the Newtown school. Probably local police that they're budgeting for.

have you ever been arrested for gross stupidity.

pr_capone
02-01-2013, 12:06 PM

as I understand it... it was an off duty LEO working security. this wasn't the police stationing the guy at that school.

agreed. big govt sucks.

agreed here as well.

I never said that. But I have no problem with a school hiring an off duty police officer as a guard if they choose to do so.

agreed

blaise
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
have you ever been arrested for gross stupidity.

No, have you ever tried to compare a school hiring an armed guard with their own money to a gigantic Federal law enforcement bureau's problems?

cosmo20002
02-01-2013, 05:14 PM

LMAO I love these posts.

notorious
02-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Meanwhile, the citizens of the Sandy Hook community agree with the NRA.

This

Why did the NRA get a shitstorm of flak again?

Frazod
02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
This

BECAUSE WE'RE ALL HOMICIDAL KILLERS WITH MACHINE GUNS/liberal dumbasses :drool:

notorious
02-01-2013, 07:06 PM
LMAO

At least reality won in the end.

CoMoChief
02-01-2013, 07:10 PM
I just think you need to have every faculty and staff take/pass a fire arms training course. Let them carry on school grounds.

Problem solved.

rockymtnchief
02-01-2013, 07:30 PM
I just think you need to have every faculty and staff take/pass a fire arms training course. Let them carry on school grounds.

Problem solved.

Make it mandatory to take a firearms safety course. Then give the teachers the option of carrying. A criminal would have no idea if every teacher was carrying or if nobody was carrying. Either way, schools would no longer seem like easy targets.

RedNeckRaider
02-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Make it mandatory to take a firearms safety course. Then give the teachers the option of carrying. A criminal would have no idea if every teacher was carrying or if nobody was carrying. Either way, schools would no longer seem like easy targets.

Gun free zones are the answer! Why can't you people understand if we pass even more laws the crazy people and the criminals will finally understand and quit shooting people~

Aries Walker
02-01-2013, 07:36 PM
That would be a nightmare, born of the thinking that people come in two classes and classes only: Those trained in firearms, and "criminals".

rockymtnchief
02-01-2013, 07:39 PM
That would be a nightmare, born of the thinking that people come in two classes and classes only: Those trained in firearms, and "criminals".

I never implied that.

I implied that a criminal would think twice about attacking/robbing/shooting at places where they MAY face return fire.

RedNeckRaider
02-01-2013, 07:45 PM

It is three classes, law abiding gun owners, those who shouldn't own guns but do and fucking idiots who want to take them from the law abiding~

rockymtnchief
02-01-2013, 07:49 PM
It is three classes, law abiding gun owners, those who shouldn't own guns but do and fucking idiots who want to take them from the law abiding~

:thumb:

I call the last group the "Don't mess with my rights while I'm busy messing with yours" group.

RedNeckRaider
02-01-2013, 07:54 PM
:thumb:

I call the last group the "Don't mess with my rights while I'm busy messing with yours" group.

I call the last group fucking shitbags who need their fucking ass kicked, but that's just me~

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 08:02 PM
I call the last group ****ing shitbags who need their ****ing ass kicked, but that's just me~

Woah buddy, don't want to risk your "law-abiding" status.

RedNeckRaider
02-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Woah buddy, don't want to risk your "law-abiding" status.

Saying someone needs their ass kicked is against the law now LMAO

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Saying someone needs their ass kicked is against the law now LMAO

Oh, so you were just writing bad checks?

RedNeckRaider
02-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Oh, so you were just writing checks?

So what are you another cute left wing twat trying to be fresh :rolleyes:

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 08:12 PM
So what are you another cute left wing twat trying to be fresh :rolleyes:

Just felt like screwing with someone that makes the absurd blanket statement of, "It's three classes, [really only two: gun owners and people who deserve to have there ass kicked]"

RedNeckRaider
02-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Just felt like screwing with someone that makes the absurd blanket statement of, "It's three classes, [really only two: gun owners and people who deserve to have there ass kicked]"

No you are a left wing twat safe behind a keyboard talking shit~

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 08:16 PM

Isn't that all we can do here?

RedNeckRaider
02-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Isn't that all we can do here?

Yes that is why you are bold enough to talk that way to me~

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 08:21 PM

Seeings how you hate being labeled politically, you should really abstain from placing labels BTW.

BAN LABELS!!!

RedNeckRaider
02-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Seeings how you hate being labeled politically, you should really abstain from placing labels BTW.

BAN LABELS!!!

I would rather ban idiots who want more laws that crazy people and criminals will not follow~

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 08:28 PM
I would rather ban idiots who want more laws that crazy people and criminals will not follow~

Yeah, why do we even have laws? People just break them anyways.

listopencil
02-01-2013, 08:42 PM
This

Liberal media and Nanny State activists pushing an agenda.

mlyonsd
02-01-2013, 08:42 PM

To be fair I bet RNR thinks anyone that would want to take away your 1st amendment right to free speech should have their ass kicked too.

listopencil
02-01-2013, 08:43 PM

I'm not against laws, I'm against stupid laws that accomplish nothing.

listopencil
02-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Liberal media and Nanny State activists pushing an agenda.

On second thought I should probably say "sensationalist media" from the "left." There is enough media bullshit masquerading as news from multiple sources, and various parts of the political spectrum.

mlyonsd
02-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Schools are being attacked for one reason.

Children are considered one of our most valued and loved resources. Sick people attack that resource to achieve the biggest impact and conflict the worst possible pain we can imagine.

We protect money with guns, people watching FB games at stadiums with guns, etc.

To not consider protecting schools from deranged people with armed guards as the best thing in the kid's interest is criminal, and capable by only the most selfish and stupid human beings on the planet.

And they need their asses kicked.

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 09:03 PM
To be fair I bet RNR thinks anyone that would want to take away your 1st amendment right to free speech should have their ass kicked too.

OK, so where do the people that don't want to repeal the 2nd amendment yet want more gun control fit in his blanket of 3 classes?

Frazod
02-01-2013, 09:07 PM
OK, so where do the people that don't want to repeal the 2nd amendment yet want more gun control fit in his blanket of 3 classes?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU9FLEElTkTALBFokbU42b2X0QbmPaK55crwaA2G3PzpznVHXylA

listopencil
02-01-2013, 09:08 PM

If you want to set a reasonable set of regulations that promote responsible gun use you're OK. If you want to enact gun legislation that has no real effect on crime you're a dope.

mlyonsd
02-01-2013, 09:11 PM

Ignorant people that probably don't have the balls to face the real problem.

Which is, making the penalty so steep for committing a crime with a gun the smart criminals won't do it, and we'll eliminate those that do.

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Ignorant people that probably don't have the balls to face the real problem.

Which is, making the penalty so steep for committing a crime with a gun the smart criminals won't do it, and we'll eliminate those that do.

Yeah, you made a thread about this. It didn't go very well.

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 09:20 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU9FLEElTkTALBFokbU42b2X0QbmPaK55crwaA2G3PzpznVHXylA

How's that AR-15 in the trunk report from MSNBC working for ya?

J Diddy
02-01-2013, 09:22 PM

Beware. He's got connections.

The sheep is definitely a Blood.

mlyonsd
02-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Yeah, you made a thread about this. It didn't go very well.And yet nobody contradicted my theory.

Frazod
02-01-2013, 09:26 PM

I wasn't aware it was supposed to be working for me.

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 09:32 PM
And yet nobody contradicted my theory.

Really, I seem to recall several people saying you hadn't thought your theory through. Off the top off my head, wrongful conviction.

mlyonsd
02-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Really, I seem to recall several people saying you hadn't thought your theory through. Off the top off my head, wrongful conviction.
Feel free to resurrect the thread so we can discuss it instead of looking like someone that hides behind somebody else's thoughts.

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Beware. He's got connections.

The sheep is definitely a Blood.

I heard he has connections to a South Pacific operative, The First Blood!

http://i50.tinypic.com/24g1vua.png

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Feel free to resurrect the thread so we can discuss it instead of looking like someone that hides behind somebody else's thoughts.

I had my own thoughts on it as well as agreeing with those whom I'm supposedly "hiding behind." Executing anyone and everyone using a gun in a crime is too extreme.

mlyonsd
02-01-2013, 10:05 PM
I had my own thoughts on it as well as agreeing with those whom I'm supposedly "hiding behind." Executing anyone and everyone using a gun in a crime is too extreme. Let me ask, do you think gun violence would be reduced under that system?

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Let me ask, do you think gun violence would be reduced under that system?

Possibly. Murder is punishable by death yet people still do it. People know drug laws are extreme, yet people still do them.

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 10:17 PM
I wasn't aware it was supposed to be working for me.

Really? Because that was the only evidence supporting your belief that an AR-15 wasn't used.

mlyonsd
02-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Possibly. Murder is punishable by death yet people still do it. People know drug laws are extreme, yet people still do them.

A bit off the mark but ok, lets run with it.

If all murderers are executed do you think at least one person considering doing it will rethink his position and not do it?

KChiefer
02-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Sure. If u threaten death for speeding, will one person not speed?

mlyonsd
02-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Sure. If u threaten death for speeding, will one person not speed?You're fighting hard to not agree with my premise and losing.

Frazod
02-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Really? Because that was the only evidence supporting your belief that an AR-15 wasn't used.

I don't care what he used, you stupid fuck. And to paraphrase your hero Swillary, what difference does it make? He was killing defenseless children and unarmed teachers. Whether he was using a rifle, or pistols, or a flame thrower, he had all the time in the world to do what he did.

:shake:

listopencil
02-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Let me ask, do you think gun violence would be reduced under that system?

Do you mean the system of putting everyone to death who committed a crime with a firearm?

2bikemike
02-01-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm not against laws, I'm against stupid laws that accomplish nothing.

Even Ol Joe doesn't believe yet he will continue to push the agenda.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/31/16794835-biden-new-gun-controls-likely-wont-end-shootings?lite

Biden: New gun controls likely won't end shootings

By Kasie Hunt, Political Reporter, NBC News

Vice President Joe Biden acknowledged that new gun laws would not "fundamentally alter" the likelihood of another mass shooting, though he insisted there has been a "sea change" in American views on guns in the wake of Newtown.

"Nothing we're going to do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that we will bring gun deaths down to 1,000 a year from what it is now," Biden told reporters Thursday afternoon after he spent over an hour lunching with Democratic senators at the Capitol.

stevieray
02-02-2013, 12:28 AM
...when sin becomes crime.

KChiefer
02-02-2013, 05:24 AM
I don't care what he used, you stupid ****. And to paraphrase your hero Swillary, what difference does it make? He was killing defenseless children and unarmed teachers. Whether he was using a rifle, or pistols, or a flame thrower, he had all the time in the world to do what he did.

:shake:

If you didn't care, why did you push your chips in on him having only 4 handguns, Dolly?

bandwagonjumper
02-02-2013, 05:29 AM
The Newtown Board of Education will be asking the town to make room for more armed police officers in its budget.

In a meeting Thursday, the board voted to request the town to add full time uniformed school resource officers to its four elementary school s for the next fiscal year was approved this evening.
The officers would be Newtown police officers.

“Our parents are demanding of us that things are made safe and secure and certain measures areput in place,” said Chairwoman Debbie Leidlein. “So we’re being very thoughtful.”

Multiple police officers have been stationed at all Newtown schools since the December 14th shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary killed twenty children and 6 teachers. Those officers will remain at the school through the remainder of the school year. For the next fiscal year, resource officers were budgeted only to be at Middle and High Schools.

Parents say security involves more than a police presence. “My main concern is with accessibility to these school, said Neil Johnson, a parent of two Newtown students. “On december 14th that was the main bare-boned reason that occurred.”

“After what happened in our community, i just think we should go over and above and provide a shining example for the rest of the world and protect our kids,” said resident Donna Lorenz.
Members of the Board of Education will be meeting Friday with state and federal officials on securing additions funding for school security.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Newtown-Votes-for-Armed-School-Officers-189320221.html?dr

I think its a horrible idea. No armed guards could have stopped Adam Lanza. One crazy determined gun man is worth more than ten armed guards. Even if it would work it doesn't make sense economically. There are literally ten of thousands of schools in the USA so your school being hit by a shooting are pretty miniscule. So instead of hiring a new teacher there hire a new armed guard.

mlyonsd
02-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Do you mean the system of putting everyone to death who committed a crime with a firearm?Under certain conditions, yes.

blaise
02-02-2013, 07:36 AM
This

Because some liberals wanted to screech.

rockymtnchief
02-02-2013, 07:46 AM
I think its a horrible idea. No armed guards could have stopped Adam Lanza. One crazy determined gun man is worth more than ten armed guards.

Wrong. Adam Lanza, and all other school shooters, are not super-human. They are cowards. They intentionally go to gun free zones to do their work. If the idea that someone or everyone is armed in an area, it would deter most of these kooks.

If these cowardly cunts want to impress me, they'll go on a rampage in a police station or an armed military base.

listopencil
02-02-2013, 08:42 AM
...when sin becomes crime.

...then the midgets...

Chief Faithful
02-02-2013, 08:56 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/police-atlanta-school-shooting-gang-related/nWC9W/

School shooting just this week in Atlanta only one injured and nobody dies because the school has an armed guard on duty.

Gun control will not stop gun violence. Start protecting our children the same way we protect our money and politicians, with armed guards.

Radar Chief
02-02-2013, 09:15 AM

The option, yes. :clap:

Radar Chief
02-02-2013, 09:18 AM
I think its a horrible idea. No armed guards could have stopped Adam Lanza. One crazy determined gun man is worth more than ten armed guards. Even if it would work it doesn't make sense economically. There are literally ten of thousands of schools in the USA so your school being hit by a shooting are pretty miniscule. So instead of hiring a new teacher there hire a new armed guard.

Adam Lanza was confronted by teachers, the principle and school psychiatrist, the principle and school shrink he killed in the hallway execution style. Had they been able to confront him with more than an empty hand that entire scenario works out differently.

notorious
02-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Adam Lanza was confronted by teachers, the principle and school psychiatrist, the principle and school shrink he killed in the hallway execution style. Had they been able to confront him with more than an empty hand that entire scenario works out differently.

This.

Aries Walker
02-02-2013, 10:05 AM
There's a difference between having a police officer, having an armed guard, and having armed staff. Having cops stationed at schools is not a bad idea, assuming it can be afforded. As far as I know, there aren't many districts in this country that can take a cop or two off the streets every day for every school there. However, lots of places use off-duty or retired police, with which I have no problem. Almost every time we hear of an armed shooter being stopped, it's by a responding police officer, so sure.

I'm not overjoyed about the idea of armed guards - that is, non-cops - because, well, they're not cops. Security job positions are typically very low-paid jobs with very little training and - even considering that the guard would have classes in how to use a firearm safely - I would not want to entrust the next generation in the hands of people with no experience in crisis management. I recognize that many other disagree with me on this point, which is fine.

Arming teachers is the worst idea. Do we really think it's a good idea to introduce thousands more guns into the schoolyards, in the hands of teachers, a job which is already overworked, underpaid, and highly stressful? How long would it be before aggressive students wrest them from the hands of those teachers? Before a few teachers themselves lose their own shit and open fire? Or before students develop a full-on bunker mentality after having to report to an armed camp every day to learn their times tables?

Adam Lanza, like most spree shooters, was not a criminal - he was a college student who went crazy. The best way to have prevented his shooting would have been if his dumbshit mother wouldn't have kept a roomful of guns in a house where a mental patient lived; same goes for Kip Kinkel in Oregon in 1998 and Jeffrey Weise on the Red Lake Indian Reservation. The Virginia Tech shooting would have been best prevented if the mental patient hadn't been allowed to buy all of those guns; similarly for Jared Laughner and James Holmes. The Columbine shooting wouldn't have happened if their straw purchasers hadn't been able to get all of their guns at the gun show and that incredibly seedy gun merchant (also, if their parents had been awake). The Fort Hood shooter bought thousand-dollar handguns with 30-round clips with no red flags raised.

These all could have been prevented, but in a lot of different ways. Arming teachers isn't one of them.

Radar Chief
02-02-2013, 10:37 AM
There's a difference between having a police officer, having an armed guard, and having armed staff. Having cops stationed at schools is not a bad idea, assuming it can be afforded. As far as I know, there aren't many districts in this country that can take a cop or two off the streets every day for every school there. However, lots of places use off-duty or retired police, with which I have no problem. Almost every time we hear of an armed shooter being stopped, it's by a responding police officer, so sure.

I'm not overjoyed about the idea of armed guards - that is, non-cops - because, well, they're not cops. Security job positions are typically very low-paid jobs with very little training and - even considering that the guard would have classes in how to use a firearm safely - I would not want to entrust the next generation in the hands of people with no experience in crisis management. I recognize that many other disagree with me on this point, which is fine.

Arming teachers is the worst idea. Do we really think it's a good idea to introduce thousands more guns into the schoolyards, in the hands of teachers, a job which is already overworked, underpaid, and highly stressful? How long would it be before aggressive students wrest them from the hands of those teachers? Before a few teachers themselves lose their own shit and open fire? Or before students develop a full-on bunker mentality after having to report to an armed camp every day to learn their times tables?

Adam Lanza, like most spree shooters, was not a criminal - he was a college student who went crazy. The best way to have prevented his shooting would have been if his dumbshit mother wouldn't have kept a roomful of guns in a house where a mental patient lived; same goes for Kip Kinkel in Oregon in 1998 and Jeffrey Weise on the Red Lake Indian Reservation. The Virginia Tech shooting would have been best prevented if the mental patient hadn't been allowed to buy all of those guns; similarly for Jared Laughner and James Holmes. The Columbine shooting wouldn't have happened if their straw purchasers hadn't been able to get all of their guns at the gun show and that incredibly seedy gun merchant (also, if their parents had been awake). The Fort Hood shooter bought thousand-dollar handguns with 30-round clips with no red flags raised.

These all could have been prevented, but in a lot of different ways. Arming teachers isn't one of them.

We already trust teachers and school staff with the safety of our children for ~7 hours a day, 5 days a week. But not with a gun. That's what doesn't make any sense.

Frazod
02-02-2013, 11:28 AM
If you didn't care, why did you push your chips in on him having only 4 handguns, Dolly?

Push my chips in? What the fuck does that even mean?

The glee you commie freaks have over the idea that these children were killed with an AR is really creepy. Do you jerk off at night hoping it happens again? :shake:

Saulbadguy
02-02-2013, 12:11 PM

This never gets old.

rockymtnchief
02-02-2013, 02:18 PM

As a criminal, which scenario sounds scariest:
(1) Going on a shooting spree and having to deal with one policeman or guard.
(2) Going on a shooting spree and having to deal with 10-40 armed faculty?

My whole point is this, this shit will end because these kooks are cowards and don't want resistance. Not one teacher has to actually be carrying to stop these kooks. The idea of armed resistance will keep them away.

Also, if a teacher does decide to carry, it doesn't have to be an AK strapped to their back. Each teacher would carry/conceal so only they and the principal/vice-principal/etc... would know who's armed. From the kids point, everything looks the same.

KChiefer
02-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Push my chips in? What the **** does that even mean?

The glee you commie freaks have over the idea that these children were killed with an AR is really creepy. Do you jerk off at night hoping it happens again? :shake:

Thou dost troll too much.

listopencil
02-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Under certain conditions, yes.

What conditions?