PDA

View Full Version : Misc Man shot dead after pulling into wrong driveway

KChiefer
02-02-2013, 04:47 PM
LILBURN, Ga. —

Lilburn police are investigating the fatal shooting of a 22-year-old man.

Police said they were called out to a man's home on Hillcrest Drive on Saturday night.

A group of friends said they were going to pick up a girl who lived in the area to go ice skating around 10 p.m. when their GPS system sent them to the wrong home.

The friends said they pulled into the driveway and saw a man peer out the window. They said they waited in the car for a bit and then the man, Phillip Sailors, 69, came out of the home with a handgun, firing a round into the air.

“The guy came out. He went in again and he came out with a gun in his hand and he shot into the air,” 15-year-old passenger Yeson Jimenez said.

The friends said that's when they tried leaving the house, and said Sailors pointed the gun at the car and shot Rodrigo Diaz, 22, who was driving the car. An arrest warrant said Sailors had a .22-caliber pistol.
The passengers said Sailors never asked what they were doing there.

“’Shut up.’ That’s the only thing that came out of his mouth,” passenger Gandy Cardenas said.

The friends said Sailors held the rest of the people in the car at gunpoint until police arrived at the home. All three passengers in the car are Parkview High School students.

Sailors is being held on no bond on charges of malice murder. He has no known criminal history.

The warrant said the Diaz was struck on the left side of the head.

Friends told Channel 2's Tony Thomas that Diaz had just arrived here from Colombia three months ago.

Thomas has also learned Sailors is a war veteran and a former church missionary. Sailors' attorney told Thomas that the man believed he and his wife were being attacked.

“He is very distraught over the loss of life from the defense of his home. This incident happened late in the evening hours when he was home with his wife and he assumed it was a home invasion and he maintains his innocence,” the attorney said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/warrant-23-year-old-man-fatally-shot-while-driving/nT8rm/

--------------------
They never even got out of the car, sigh.

LiveSteam
02-02-2013, 04:50 PM
70 year old basketball coach blows away two armed Punks as he was walking 2 girls out to their car. Way to go gramps :clap:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uKTWBDdVe1I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited
02-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Didn't read, but I'd like to see these punks try this shit on my property.

KChiefer
02-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Didn't read, but I'd like to see these punks try this shit on my property.

Are you referring to my OP or LimpStream's thread hijacking for the illiterate?

Because in my post, the victim did nothing more than mistakenly pull into the wrong driveway.

ClevelandBronco
02-02-2013, 05:26 PM

Because in my post, the victim did nothing more than mistakenly pull into the wrong driveway.

Here's an idea: Let's get all worked up over this and say a lot of stupid, hateful and ignorant shit. Then when we learn a month or two from now that we knew very little about the facts of the situation we can avoid this thread like the plague. Sound like a plan?

Cool thread, brah.

Radar Chief
02-02-2013, 05:27 PM

And sit there. MENECINGLY!

LiveSteam
02-02-2013, 05:31 PM

Waaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaa!

:loser:

KChiefer
02-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Here's an idea: Let's get all worked up over this and say a lot of stupid, hateful and ignorant shit. Then when we learn a month or two from now that we knew very little about the facts of the situation we can avoid this thread like the plague. Sound like a plan?

Cool thread, brah.

So you're saying there's more to this story, other than sentencing?

Bwana
02-02-2013, 05:33 PM
70 year old basketball coach blows away two armed Punks as he was walking 2 girls out to their car. Way to go gramps :clap:

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uKTWBDdVe1I" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Sweet :thumb:

LiveSteam
02-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Sweet :thumb:

Thank you. :thumb:

RedNeckRaider
02-02-2013, 05:50 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uKTWBDdVe1I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She says at the end "just a tragedy around" that is a happy ending. The only thing tragic is one of the shitbags lived~

Pitt Gorilla
02-02-2013, 05:51 PM

Cool thread, brah.It's a thread in DC. What, exactly, are your expectations? Thread hijack?

blaise
02-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Is there some real significance to this story?

blaise
02-02-2013, 06:07 PM

Hijack from what? Was there going to be some grand debate over this story that we're now veering away from?

KChiefer
02-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Hijack from what? Was there going to be some grand debate over this story that we're now veering away from?

From the OP you twit. If there's nothing to see here, why are you here?

LiveSteam
02-02-2013, 06:13 PM

You are no Direckshun. From now on I suggest you run your threads past Direckshun first

blaise
02-02-2013, 06:14 PM

Yeah, you're right. How dare someone post something in your super awesome thread about someone getting shot. We should have all recognized that all that could be said about this insignificant story could be summarized in one or two posts.

Thanks so so much for sharing this earth shattering report and please accept out deep apologies from drawing attention away from this national tragedy.

KChiefer
02-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Yeah, you're right. How dare someone post something in your super awesome thread about someone getting shot. We should have all recognized that all that could be said about this insignificant story could be summarized in one or two posts.

Thanks so so much for sharing this earth shattering report and please accept out deep apologies from drawing attention away from this national tragedy.

I assume you take a similar stance towards LimpStream's post here and/or R8ers previous marathons of "Do Good Gunner" stories?

LiveSteam
02-02-2013, 06:20 PM
I assume you take a similar stance towards LimpStream's post here and/or R8ers previous marathons of "Do Good Gunner" stories?

JFC quit crying.

Count Zarth
02-02-2013, 06:23 PM
This guy will be exonerated because it happened in Georgia.

KChiefer
02-02-2013, 06:24 PM
JFC quit crying.

No crying here. I'm rather enjoying that this story has you guys so butthurt that all you guys can do is deflect with other stories or say "this isn't news worthy."

LiveSteam
02-02-2013, 06:27 PM
No crying here. I'm rather enjoying that this story has you guys so butthurt that all you guys can do is deflect with other stories or say "this isn't news worthy."

So an oldman made a mistake & killed an innocent kid. Like your King Obama hasnt done the same thing all over the world

notorious
02-02-2013, 06:36 PM
He's going to prison.

LiveSteam
02-02-2013, 06:40 PM
He's going to prison.

There!
Happy now KCQueefer?

J Diddy
02-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Sooooo.....

Did they find any skittles? That's the real question.

LiveSteam
02-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Sooooo.....

Did they find any skittles? That's the real question.

LMAO

blaise
02-02-2013, 06:55 PM

You seem to be the only one butthurt. Sorry that you posted a non story, but there's no real need to cry about the fact that no one really cares.

KChiefer
02-02-2013, 06:57 PM
You seem to be the only one butthurt. Sorry that you posted a non story, but there's no real need to cry about the fact that no one really cares.

Yet, you keep bumping it...

blaise
02-02-2013, 06:57 PM

What stance? A stance of not really caring about the story and placing little significance on it? Yeah, pretty much. Do they cry like you if no one cares?

Comrade Crapski
02-02-2013, 06:58 PM
So what would you like me to do about it?

J Diddy
02-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Jump in a car and head over to his house. Don't get out, though. Just sit there.

LiveSteam
02-02-2013, 07:04 PM

Turn all your scary looking guns in. Thats what he & his type want

blaise
02-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Yet, you keep bumping it...

We should probably ask the mods for a Lilburn, GA subforum so we can discuss this shooting with the amount of detail it deserves.

LiveSteam
02-02-2013, 07:12 PM
http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2009/9/1236337872_fat_guy_shooting_his_gun_0.gif

Bwana
02-02-2013, 07:20 PM
We should probably ask the mods for a Lilburn, GA subforum so we can discuss this shooting with the amount of detail it deserves.

Heh, I was thinking about starting the ****OFFICIAL ALL GUNS ARE BAD THREAD**** in here.

suzzer99
02-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Comrade Crapski/HCF is going to be the protagonist in one of these stories someday.

cosmo20002
02-02-2013, 07:23 PM
http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2009/9/1236337872_fat_guy_shooting_his_gun_0.gif

Looks like you've dropped a few lbs--nice job. What you shooting there?

KChiefer
02-02-2013, 07:23 PM

Please do.

I was going to post this in the Official School Shooting thread, but while the victim was a student, he was not at a school.

Given the recent gun debate where gun rights advocates have been pleading that more guns is the solution and we need them as big and loaded as possible to stop the droves of looting rapists outside our windows, that perhaps this story would make a decent counterpoint. Sometimes the guy in the driveway is just trying to consensually screw someone's daughter and even a 22-pistol can do what many feel they need a 30round AR-15 for.

Bwana
02-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Please do.

I was going to post this in the Official School Shooting thread, but while the victim was a student, he was not at a school.

Given the recent gun debate where gun rights advocates have been pleading that more guns is the solution and we need them as big and loaded as possible to stop the droves of looting rapists outside our windows, that perhaps this story would make a decent counterpoint. Sometimes the guy in the driveway is just trying to consensually screw someone's daughter and even a 22-pistol can do what many feel they need a 30round AR-15 for.

Meh, if the guy would have used an AR, the media whores would be all over this one, ranting about it for days. A lowly .22 just doesn't fit their agenda.

LiveSteam
02-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Looks like you've dropped a few lbs--nice job. What you shooting there?

Glock
Ya thats me. How did you know?

demonhero
02-02-2013, 07:35 PM
The old guys doesn't run a hotel or a drivethru. Sit in my driveway and night and I'll shoot ur ass as well.

notorious
02-02-2013, 08:04 PM
The only way out for the old fuck is if he can prove that he feared for his life.

3 witnesses say that he is fucked.

Pitt Gorilla
02-02-2013, 09:23 PM
The old guys doesn't run a hotel or a drivethru. Sit in my driveway and night and I'll shoot ur ass as well.Really? I doubt you're that stupid.

cosmo20002
02-02-2013, 09:30 PM
The old guys doesn't run a hotel or a drivethru. Sit in my driveway and night and I'll shoot ur ass as well.

That seems reasonable. You're kind of a moron, huh?

mlyonsd
02-02-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm sure the brain trust of Biden and Feinstein have this covered.

J Diddy
02-02-2013, 10:06 PM
That seems reasonable. You're kind of a moron, huh?

Bite your tongue, cosmo.

HE IS A HERO OF THE DEMONS!

Frazod
02-03-2013, 12:03 AM
KChiefer found a story that makes a gun owner look bad!

http://pretprieel.nl/pictures/Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

CrazyPhuD
02-03-2013, 12:10 AM
THey should have listened when he said 'Get off my lawn' :shrug:

Seriously though the story doesn't wash....picking someone up to go ice skating at 10PM in an area known for a lack of real winter. While possible it stretches some degree of credibility.

Second an old white guy came out...he went back in and you didn't realize you were in the wrong place? And he comes out again with a gun and your first response isn't to leave? He fires a shot in the air and you still don't think to leave?

Generally speaking if the guy wanted to kill them he wouldn't have fired a shot in the air...dude would have been firing at them from the start. For him to go shot in the air and then shoot at them, suggests they did something to change the situation.

Plus a .22 caliber pistol isn't going to penetrate the front windshield of any car...hell a 9mm, 45...most any pistol caliber round will do nothing against tempered glass in any windshield.

Plus dude isn't going to hold the rest of them at gun point until the cops show up if he intended murder. Especially since I'm betting he or his wife was the one to call the cops.

Lots of holes in the story hard to jump to any conclusion over who was right or wrong that's what the legal system will be fore.

cosmo20002
02-03-2013, 12:59 AM
They need to ban driveways.

/CP'er who thinks he's clever

ILChief
02-03-2013, 05:46 AM

Seriously though the story doesn't wash....picking someone up to go ice skating at 10PM in an area known for a lack of real winter. While possible it stretches some degree of credibility.

Second an old white guy came out...he went back in and you didn't realize you were in the wrong place? And he comes out again with a gun and your first response isn't to leave? He fires a shot in the air and you still don't think to leave?

Generally speaking if the guy wanted to kill them he wouldn't have fired a shot in the air...dude would have been firing at them from the start. For him to go shot in the air and then shoot at them, suggests they did something to change the situation.

Plus a .22 caliber pistol isn't going to penetrate the front windshield of any car...hell a 9mm, 45...most any pistol caliber round will do nothing against tempered glass in any windshield.

Plus dude isn't going to hold the rest of them at gun point until the cops show up if he intended murder. Especially since I'm betting he or his wife was the one to call the cops.

Lots of holes in the story hard to jump to any conclusion over who was right or wrong that's what the legal system will be fore.

Because nowhere has indoor ice skating rinks

CoMoChief
02-03-2013, 06:44 AM
If only those kids had some scissors

blaise
02-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Please do.

So, basically you were trying to make the same type of counterpoint you just cried about someone else making when you claimed they hijacked your thread.
They posted a video showing the other side. You started a thread showing the other side. Makes me wonder why you cried to begin with.

notorious
02-03-2013, 07:32 AM
It seems like the old man is guilty, but let's wait for more info.

Were the kids acting like they were going to run over him? Were they acting like they had a gun?

Probably not, but there are some unknowns out there.

BigMeatballDave
02-03-2013, 09:16 AM

Lots of holes in the story hard to jump to any conclusion over who was right or wrong that's what the legal system will be fore.Did you miss the part where the bullet struck the left side of his head? Door glass is only tempered. It's not safely glass.

Comrade Crapski
02-03-2013, 09:23 AM

http://pretprieel.nl/pictures/Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

LMAO

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-03-2013, 09:25 AM

ROFL:clap: Its always the same response with certain types of people. Defend the gun owner, question the victims, then complain that the mass media is protecting the victims and questing the gun owner, the same cycle of bullshit. . At this point the gun owner is looking like an idiot who killed a kid because he was an irresponsible gun owner. Until we know more about the case , you cant assume anything-all you can do is go with the facts. I have no clue what happened, all I know is someone was shot and killed because they were lost and pulled into the wrong drive way. If we find out later there were other circumstances that may have caused him to shot into a car full of people then my view may change.

A lot of you are just looking at this from your political view point ( the same thing you whine and cry about the "liberal media" doing ) and are instantly defending the gun owner and assuming he didn't do anything wrong. You cant assume something happened when there are no facts to back it up. You cant assume the guy made the right call to shoot into a car full of people without facts to back it up. If you want to bitch about people assuming things then stop doing it yourself.

LiveSteam
02-03-2013, 10:04 AM
A lot of you are just looking at this from your political view point

You are a modern day fucking Einstein :rolleyes:

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-03-2013, 10:09 AM
You are a modern day ****ing Einstein :rolleyes:

Thank you sir. You have a great day! :clap:

Hog Farmer
02-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Driveways should be banned ! If it weren't for driveways the loss of life in America would be significantly reduced.

cosmo20002
02-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Driveways should be banned ! If it weren't for driveways the loss of life in America would be significantly reduced.

Q

They need to ban driveways.

/CP'er who thinks he's clever

HonestChieffan
02-03-2013, 04:25 PM
The only way out for the old **** is if he can prove that he feared for his life.

3 witnesses say that he is ****ed.

How can 3 witnesses know if the gentleman felt fear? They will likely need a translator in court. He wont spend any time locked up. And will likely go to his grave sorry for what happened.

loochy
02-03-2013, 09:10 PM
ROFL:clap: Its always the same response with certain types of people. Defend the gun owner, question the victims, then complain that the mass media is protecting the victims and questing the gun owner, the same cycle of bullshit. . At this point the gun owner is looking like an idiot who killed a kid because he was an irresponsible gun owner. Until we know more about the case , you cant assume anything-all you can do is go with the facts. I have no clue what happened, all I know is someone was shot and killed because they were lost and pulled into the wrong drive way. If we find out later there were other circumstances that may have caused him to shot into a car full of people then my view may change.

A lot of you are just looking at this from your political view point ( the same thing you whine and cry about the "liberal media" doing ) and are instantly defending the gun owner and assuming he didn't do anything wrong. You cant assume something happened when there are no facts to back it up. You cant assume the guy made the right call to shoot into a car full of people without facts to back it up. If you want to bitch about people assuming things then stop doing it yourself.

ROFL:clap: Its always the same response with certain types of people. Defend the idiots, question the gun owners, then complain that guns are always bad and gun owners are evil, the same cycle of bullshit. . At this point the kids look like idiots because they messed with the wrong old man that owned a gun. Until we know more about the case , you cant assume anything-all you can do is go with the facts. I have no clue what happened, all I know is someone was shot and killed because they were somewhere they didn't belong and they didn't leave when asked to. If we find out later there were other circumstances that may have caused him to shoot into a car full of people then my view may change.

A lot of you are just looking at this from your political view point ( the same thing you whine and cry about the "conservative yokels" doing ) and are instantly defending the irresponsible kids and assuming they didn't do anything wrong. You cant assume something happened when there are no facts to back it up. You cant assume the kids were actually lost and not up to no good without facts to back it up. If you want to bitch about people assuming things then stop doing it yourself.

loochy
02-03-2013, 09:11 PM
http://endacunningham.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/2008_gran_torino_034.jpg

Comrade Crapski
02-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Mexicans need to stop pulling into driveways to see if no ones home and think when the lights go on all they have to do is drive away and find another driveway to pull up into.

Because you know,they might get shot.

Oh well. The best laid plans of mice and men, I guess. Tee Hee Hee.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-03-2013, 09:18 PM
I did this not long ago, was shot dead. I'm just now recovering and starting to breathe again. As a point of note you never forget the first time it happens, it tends to stay with you for quite a while.

loochy
02-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Does this mean I shouldn't go driveway pulling next Saturday?

Comrade Crapski
02-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Does this mean I shouldn't go driveway pulling next Saturday?

Mexicans like to drive around looking for houses with the lights out. They pull in the driveway and wait. If no one turns a light on, they go and ring the bell. If no one answers, they smash a window or use a crowbar on the door. Then they rob the place.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Mexicans like to drive around looking for houses with the lights out. They pull in the driveway and wait. If no one turns a light on, they go and ring the bell. If no one answers, they smash a window or use a crowbar on the door. Then they rob the place.

I only pulled in the driveway to see if the guy would shoot me and welp he dun shot me dayead.

loochy
02-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Is KC Native OK?

Comrade Crapski
02-03-2013, 09:27 PM
I only pulled in the driveway to see if the guy would shoot me and welp he dun shot me dayead.

welp you shoudn't have pulled into his driveway.

How'd he get the drop on these idiots if they didn't have the engine shut off?

I've made U-turns out of peoples driveways before. Never got shot.

Comrade Crapski
Is KC Native OK?

I hope not.

LiveSteam
Is KC Native OK?

LMAO

KILLER_CLOWN
02-03-2013, 09:40 PM

It never fails, everytime I pull into a random driveway I get shot in the face. Someone help.......pleeeeeasssssssssseeeeee........

aturnis
02-03-2013, 09:58 PM

Conspiracy to protect gun rights.

aturnis
02-03-2013, 10:00 PM

You should probably shoot yourself.

Pitt Gorilla
02-03-2013, 10:08 PM

I've made U-turns out of peoples driveways before. Never got shot.There's always next time. Given that one would seemingly have so many folks jumping to the defense, why not shoot someone in your driveway (what, with everyone feeling so threatened and fragile and all)?

KC native
02-03-2013, 10:15 PM

ROFL You are a miserable piece of shit.

dirk digler
02-04-2013, 07:12 AM

Actually that is not that uncommon there is stories every day about stupid gun owners.

Like the one I read 2-3 weeks ago where a man took a couple of guns (one being a handgun) to a gun store to sell. They decided not to buy either gun so the man took the guns back to his car. He put the handgun down and it went off killing his 7 year old son that was in his car seat. This idiot didn't even know to clear the chamber. The store worker was lucky as well.

http://www.ncnewsonline.com/update/x1303521454/No-charges-for-man-who-fatally-shot-son

LiveSteam
02-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Actually that is not that uncommon there is stories every day about stupid gun owners.

Like the one I read 2-3 weeks ago where a man took a couple of guns (one being a handgun) to a gun store to sell. They decided not to buy either gun so the man took the guns back to his car. He put the handgun down and it went off killing his 7 year old son that was in his car seat. This idiot didn't even know to clear the chamber. The store worker was lucky as well.

http://www.ncnewsonline.com/update/x1303521454/No-charges-for-man-who-fatally-shot-son
Sad. Dumb father

Now this father. Hes the man. Did what needed to be done. Dam the law's that will let this freak out in 20-25 years.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Oi3Hyxuf5AE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dirk digler
02-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Sad. Dumb father

Now this father. Hes the man. Did what needed to be done. Dam the law's that will let this freak out in 20-25 years.

I can't watch the video now but I will take your word for it.

Here is another sad story from last week. Again more stupid people with guns

Boaz, Ala. -- A 30-year-old man was accidentally shot dead while playing a game of quick-draw with several people at an automotive shop last Thursday. The gun, a .40-caliber Glock, was thought to be unloaded.

notorious
02-04-2013, 08:04 AM
There are some Major League idiots out there.

LiveSteam
02-04-2013, 08:09 AM
There are some Major League idiots out there.

I wounder how many people were killed last night via drinking & driving?

Stupid god dam football fans

Frazod
02-04-2013, 08:27 AM

Yes, obviously if the government had taken my guns away all these people would still be alive!

dirk digler
02-04-2013, 08:53 AM

Drunk driving deaths have declined almost every year and I think you can contribute several reasons for that, one cars are alot safer now and the penalties for getting caught DD are pretty severe.

Apply that to guns and you can't really make them safer but if they federalized gun crimes like owning an illegal gun and made mandatory sentences then I think you would see gun crimes decrease.

dirk digler
02-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Yes, obviously if the government had taken my guns away all these people would still be alive!

Not what I said. They should make it mandatory to take firearm training though.

Predarat
02-04-2013, 09:15 AM

Gubbment needs to ban the Super Bowl, just flip a coin. Or mandate a no super bowl party rule, you must stay in your own damn house, no going to parties, and either close bars or ban the serving of alcohol.

dtebbe
02-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Lilburn was once a pretty nice suburb of ATL (likely was when this guy bought his home there), but that section of town has seen a huge influx of hispanic, and asian population over the past 10 years. Crime rates (especially home invasions and robberies) have skyrocketed in that area. Considering his age, and it was reported that he and his wife live there alone, I suspect he probably really thought the people in his driveway were up to no good and was probably scared shitless.

I certainly agree he was likely WAY too quick on the trigger, but you have to understand we're not talking about a picket fences and climbing roses neighborhood here.

As far as the kid's story about ice skating, 100% credible, one of the only public skating rinks in ATL is only minutes from there.

DT

KC native
02-04-2013, 05:50 PM
I hope not.

And banned again. ROFL

D2112 will be here in the next couple of days now.