PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Saudi Cleric Beats 5-Year-Old Daughter To Death, Receives Light Sentence

listopencil
02-03-2013, 05:06 PM
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Online activists in Saudi Arabia are calling for harsher punishments for child abuse after reports that a prominent cleric received only a light sentence after confessing to the beating death of his 5-year-old daughter.

The social media campaign gaining momentum Sunday is the latest attempt to use the Internet to pressure the kingdom's ultraconservative rulers.

Saudi media reports say Fayhan al-Ghamdi, a frequent guest on Islamic TV programs, was arrested in November on charges of killing the girl. The reports said he questioned the child's virginity.

Saudi media say he was freed last week after serving a short prison term and agreeing to pay $50,000 in "blood money" to avoid a possible death sentence.

The money was presumably offered to the girl's mother or other relatives.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/03/fayhan-al-ghamdi-_n_2610841.html

Oh, by the way, The Kingdom is a monarchy ruled by religious law.

Ebolapox
02-03-2013, 05:16 PM
WHAT
THE
FUCK

listopencil
02-03-2013, 05:21 PM
The reports said he questioned the child's virginity.

This part just boggles my mind.

RNR
02-03-2013, 06:19 PM
This part just boggles my mind.

Their hero Muhammad married a 9 year old, so this is not shocking~

HonestChieffan
02-03-2013, 07:14 PM
see: muslims are insane

rockymtnchief
02-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Don't question your 5 year olds virginity. Question the dirtbag you think took it from her. Then beat his ass to death.

This is unreal!

HonestChieffan
02-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Don't question your 5 year olds virginity. Question the dirtbag you think took it from her. Then beat his ass to death.

This is unreal!

You suffer from a closed mind and a cold heart

La literatura
02-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Another disgusting chapter of Saudi moral and legal erosion. I have a classmate who researches Saudi Arabia legal developments, and this is one story amidst a sea of others.

rockymtnchief
02-03-2013, 07:55 PM
You suffer from a closed mind and a cold heart

No argument from me! :D

listopencil
02-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Another disgusting chapter of Saudi moral and legal erosion. I have a classmate who researches Saudi Arabia legal developments, and this is one story amidst a sea of others.

My mom almost married a guy that worked for an oil company. If that had happened, I would have grown up in Saudi Arabia with my brother and three sisters. I don't think that would have turned out well for me.

CoMoChief
02-03-2013, 08:16 PM
We should US military personnel over there immediately!!!!

Not our problem....sucks....but it's not anything I'm losing sleep over. Those fuckers over there have been doing shit like that for thousands of years.

HonestChieffan
02-03-2013, 08:24 PM
No argument from me! :D

I wasnt being critical!

rockymtnchief
02-03-2013, 08:48 PM
I wasnt being critical!

I know that!:thumb:

KILLER_CLOWN
02-03-2013, 08:55 PM
The Saudi's are our friends...yup.

loochy
02-03-2013, 08:57 PM
see: muslims are insane

NO BECAUSE ONE TIME I SAW A CHRISTIAN PICK HIS NOSE

KILLER_CLOWN
02-03-2013, 09:01 PM
NO BECAUSE ONE TIME I SAW A CHRISTIAN PICK HIS NOSE

I sees one eat a booga once.

Bowser
02-03-2013, 09:03 PM
That country is fucked six ways to Sunday.

Bowser
02-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Which one are you again, Tom Cash or Shitsprayer?

Yes

(he's shitty)

Comrade Crapski
02-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Bitch boy Barry will be coming out soon

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/280763-boy-scouts-should-allow-gay-members-says-president-obama

listopencil
02-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Yes
(he's shitty)

Ah, OK. Did he get banned under Shitsprayer or something?

Pants
02-03-2013, 09:52 PM
My mom almost married a guy that worked for an oil company. If that had happened, I would have grown up in Saudi Arabia with my brother and three sisters. I don't think that would have turned out well for me.

If that happened, you wouldn't exist, bro.

Bowser
02-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Ah, OK. Did he get banned under Shitsprayer or something?

That's probably a safe assumption. Heh.

J Diddy
02-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Which one are you again, Tom Cash or Shitsprayer?

sht sprayer

listopencil
02-03-2013, 10:25 PM
If that happened, you wouldn't exist, bro.

This was a Mormon guy that was going to marry her when she was divorced with five kids, the youngest being me. He was dating her and got a plumb job over there somewhere. He thought that his Mormonism would help him get along in that society. I have no idea why. My mom broke up with him and he left for Saudi Arabia, I never saw him again.

Pants
02-03-2013, 10:54 PM
This was a Mormon guy that was going to marry her when she was divorced with five kids, the youngest being me. He was dating her and got a plumb job over there somewhere. He thought that his Mormonism would help him get along in that society. I have no idea why. My mom broke up with him and he left for Saudi Arabia, I never saw him again.

Ohhhhh. I thought this was a man she almost married before she met your dad.

Duh.

listopencil
02-04-2013, 07:43 PM

Man. For some reason this post of yours just won't leave my mind. I keep picturing this friend of yours, sifting through case after case of horrible crap. I don't think I could do it. I think it would just enrage me to no end.

Ebolapox
02-04-2013, 09:02 PM
read the story a bit closer... apparently he RAPED HIS DAUGHTER IN THE ASS VIOLENTLY and then tried to CAUTERIZE HER RECTUM WITH A CLOTHES IRON TO CLOSE THE WOUNDED ASSHOLE.

there is no hell hot enough, nor enough pain for this guy to go through... take religion out of the equation, people like this will find justification for their actions regardless.

I just... I can't even imagine. that poor little girl.

listopencil
02-04-2013, 09:10 PM
read the story a bit closer... apparently he RAPED HIS DAUGHTER IN THE ASS VIOLENTLY and then tried to CAUTERIZE HER RECTUM WITH A CLOTHES IRON TO CLOSE THE WOUNDED ASSHOLE.

there is no hell hot enough, nor enough pain for this guy to go through... take religion out of the equation, people like this will find justification for their actions regardless.

I just... I can't even imagine. that poor little girl.

Good fucking Lord I can't wrap my ahead around this at all:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273171/Fayhan-al-Ghamdi-raped-tortured-daughter-5-death-escapes-light-sentence.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#axzz2Jzi8kQdH

J Diddy
02-04-2013, 09:17 PM
It is sad, it is disgusting, it literally makes me ill.

bandwagonjumper
02-05-2013, 02:21 AM
Its terrible but I wonder who is worse. The guy who raped and killed his daughter or the judge who thought it was no big deal. The only problem I have with this story is no mainstream news source has reported it.

J Diddy
02-05-2013, 02:36 AM
Its terrible but I wonder who is worse. The guy who raped and killed his daughter or the judge who thought it was no big deal. The only problem I have with this story is no mainstream news source has reported it.

It is a different culture. This is the tip of the iceberg.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 04:30 AM
Just make this girl a slave in America pre-1830 and we see we're not that far removed from the Saudi culture/justice system.

blaise
02-05-2013, 05:06 AM
Just make this girl a slave in America pre-1830 and we see we're not that far removed from the Saudi culture/justice system.

And just go back a little more and you see that we basically just invented the wheel!

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 05:25 AM
And just go back a little more and you see that we basically just invented the wheel!

You have a point. Your great-great-great-great-grandfather could have raped and murdered a slave in the United States without serious repercussion.

Meanwhile, my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather could have invented the wheel or established the state of Egypt.

blaise
02-05-2013, 05:33 AM
It is scary that the whole Civil War was just like three weeks ago.

loochy
02-05-2013, 05:34 AM
Ok so who wants to form a gang that will dispense true justice as they see fit?

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 05:35 AM
It is scary that the whole Civil War was just like three weeks ago.

You seem to have a very poor perception of time.

blaise
02-05-2013, 05:42 AM
You seem to have a very poor perception of time.

Take this post back three or four posts and we see that we're not that far removed from KChiefer's original stupid post.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Take this post back three or four posts and we see that we're not that far removed from KChiefer's original stupid post.

Oh, I see. It's not stupid to talk about things we did ~250 years ago like draft the Constitution, but it is stupid to talk about things we did ~250 years ago like rape and murder slaves. Got it.

Give the M.E. 200 years, they'll figure it out. Until then, let's hop a flight a go rape and murder like it's the 1830s USA!!!

blaise
02-05-2013, 06:36 AM
Oh, I see. It's not stupid to talk about things we did ~250 years ago like draft the Constitution, but it is stupid to talk about things we did ~250 years ago like rape and murder slaves. Got it.

Give the M.E. 200 years, they'll figure it out. Until then, let's hop a flight a go rape and murder like it's the 1830s USA!!!

I'm sure you think you're making a great point.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 06:54 AM
I'm sure you think you're making a great point.

Ditto.

listopencil
02-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Ok so who wants to form a gang that will dispense true justice as they see fit?

I would be so fucking in. I would make the Bear Jew look like a pussy.

mnchiefsguy
02-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Ditto.

Considering you are making excuses and not condemning this horrible act, his point is sure helluva lot better than any point you have made in this thread.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Considering you are making excuses and not condemning this horrible act, his point is sure helluva lot better than any point you have made in this thread.

In no way what so ever am I making excuses for or condoning this.

I'm simply reminding those who want to say that Saudi/Muslim law is savage that people in the United States of America took a similar stance toward crime and punishment with regard to the rape and murder of human beings. Kill a slave, pay a fine...kill them in the heat of passion, the fine gets cheaper. Sickening.

Put that in the pipe of the US being based on Judeo-Christian values and smoke it long and hard.

loochy
02-05-2013, 08:03 AM

I'm simply reminding those who want to say that Saudi/Muslim law is savage that people in the United States of America took a similar stance toward crime and punishment with regard to the rape and murder of human beings. Kill a slave, pay a fine...kill them in the heat of passion, the fine gets cheaper. Sickening.

yeah, but we don't do that

blaise
02-05-2013, 08:03 AM

Yes, we'll keep that in mind the next time someone talks about bringing back slavery.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 08:05 AM
yeah, but we don't do that

But we did...we did...

loochy
02-05-2013, 08:06 AM
But we did...we did...

and we stopped because it was bad.

they still do it.

wtf?

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Yes, we'll keep that in mind the next time someone talks about bringing back slavery.

Maybe you should have had it in mind when people were recently talking about how we should have just let slavery run its course in the Best/Worst Presidents thread.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 08:11 AM
and we stopped because it was bad.

they still do it.

wtf?

Are you saying the founding fathers didn't get it right? How dare you sir, how dare you!

loochy
02-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Are you saying the founding fathers didn't get it right? How dare you sir, how dare you!

Are you just trying to argue?

blaise
02-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Maybe you should have had it in mind when people were recently talking about how we should have just let slavery run its course in the Best/Worst Presidents thread.

No, I don't think I need to. I'm not living with some fear about slavery making a comeback, and I don't see any value in comparing US slavery from 1830 to modern day Suadi Arabia, unless your point is to show how backward they are. But your point seems to be that we're not much better, because of what happened in 1830. Which, whatever. Just seems kind of weird.

But best of luck with that! It's nice to see you're moving beyond your regular spaz attacks about gun control issues!.

mnchiefsguy
02-05-2013, 08:21 AM

Put that in the pipe of the US being based on Judeo-Christian values and smoke it long and hard.

Yeah, actually you are, by deflecting the current issue.

This issue transcends politics, but you want to muck around in the mud. Not sure what your beef is with Americans, or why you would want to support and defend the Saudis in this situation, but your mucking in around in the mud is sickening.

What slavers did 150 years ago is not germane to the situation at hand here. Saying that the people should not condemn this heinous act because one of their ancestors might have done something horrible 150 years ago is just stupid and asinine.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Are you just trying to argue?

Isn't that what occurs in DC? Why are you addressing me other than to argue against me?

loochy
02-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Isn't that what occurs in DC? Why are you addressing me other than to argue against me?

You don't seem to be addressing a point. You just refute what everyone is saying by using some irrelevant argument about slavery.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Yeah, actually you are, by deflecting the current issue.

This issue transcends politics, but you want to muck around in the mud. Not sure what your beef is with Americans, or why you would want to support and defend the Saudis in this situation, but your mucking in around in the mud is sickening.

What slavers did 150 years ago is not germane to the situation at hand here. Saying that the people should not condemn this heinous act because one of their ancestors might have done something horrible 150 years ago is just stupid and asinine.

I never said this act should not be condemned. Never once have I said that. Again, just reminding those that want to say this has everything to do with "Muslims" is short sighted considering our own country based in not Muslim religion did the same thing.

Indeed. This does go beyond politics. And beyond religion.

blaise
02-05-2013, 08:28 AM
We're not really that far removed from the Spanish Inquisition. Scary stuff.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 08:30 AM
You don't seem to be addressing a point. You just refute what everyone is saying by using some irrelevant argument about slavery.

What's your points then? This is a heinous act and that there isn't a punishment bad enough? Agreed.

/End Thread.

What's that? Not end thread, because we still have time to bash Muslims? Cool, proceed. I'll be busy telling you our own Christian country did the same thing.

blaise
02-05-2013, 08:35 AM
I had only just sort of scanned KChiefer's posts before, and I thought maybe he was kind of bright, but the more I read the more it just seems like he's kind of dumb.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 08:36 AM
But best of luck with that! It's nice to see you're moving beyond your regular spaz attacks about gun control issues!.

It's nice to see you haven't informed R8ers that it's unnecessary to (re)post stories that involve guns because they're not news. You're slacking bro.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 08:37 AM
I had only just sort of scanned KChiefer's posts before, and I thought maybe he was kind of bright, but the more I read the more it just seems like he's kind of dumb.

"You're dumb."

The last act of a desperate man.

PS: Feel free to put me on ignore.

loochy
02-05-2013, 08:40 AM
What's your points then? This is a heinous act and that there isn't a punishment bad enough? Agreed.

/End Thread.

What's that? Not end thread, because we still have time to bash Muslims? Cool, proceed. I'll be busy telling you our own Christian country did the same thing.

Who cares if he's Muslim? I care that he did this and I care that this system lets him gets away with it. If it's a Muslim system, then the Muslim system needs to be bashed.

Also, our country is not a Christian country.

blaise
02-05-2013, 08:43 AM
"You're dumb."

The last act of a desperate man.

PS: Feel free to put me on ignore.

Desperate? From what? Your point that the US is 200 years beyond Saudi Arabia? You're right. You got me. You knocked it right of the park here.
You're just devastating people here with this iron clad comparison or your's. I just hope maybe later you'll compare modern day North Korea to the Gold Rush somehow.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Who cares if he's Muslim? I care that he did this and I care that this system lets him gets away with it. If it's a Muslim system, then the Muslim system needs to be bashed.

Cool, then I wasn't addressing you. Feel free to scan the thread where replies reflect this is all because of Islam.

Have a nice day.

PS: Oh wait, I am addressing you:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9376598&postcount=15

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 08:49 AM

Of course this isn't a Christian country. That's why we aren't still fighting to have creationism taught in science class and prayer in school.

I recently watched an ep of independent lens where the Texas state school board literally prayed "in Jesus name" before conducting their meeting.

loochy
02-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Of course this isn't a Christian country. That's why we aren't still fighting to have creationism taught in science class and prayer in school.

I recently watched an ep of independent lens where the Texas state school board literally prayed "in Jesus name" before conducting their meeting.

1.) If it was a Christian country it would be in schools.

2.) Many religions have prayer.

3.) Texas isn't the whole country.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 08:54 AM
1.) If it was a Christian country it would be in schools.

2.) Many religions have prayer.

3.) Texas isn't the whole country.

1) Many would beg to differ that this isn't a Christian country.

2) So why don't people pray to mecca in Colorado before a government meeting?

3) Thank God for that!

loochy
02-05-2013, 08:56 AM
1) Many would beg to differ that this isn't a Christian country.

2) So why don't people pray to mecca in Colorado before a government meeting?

3) Thank God for that!

1.) Lots of people WANT this to be a Christian country, but it isn't AT ALL. If you were a Christian then you'd see what I mean.

2.) I guess they don't want to.

3.) OK

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 08:58 AM
1.) Lots of people WANT this to be a Christian country, but it isn't AT ALL. If you were a Christian then you'd see what I mean.

2.) I guess they don't want to.

3.) OK

Cool man, I got to go.

Meeting adjourned, Amen.

blaise
02-05-2013, 09:01 AM
So, basically KChiefer was just doing a "Christians are just as bad!" bit. But he had to go back almost 200 years to do it.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 09:06 AM
So, basically KChiefer was just doing a "Christians are just as bad!" bit. But he had to go back almost 200 years to do it.

Don't have to go back 200 years to see justice go unserved for a blatant disgusting crime in America but we will likely need an all white jury.

loochy
02-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Don't have to go back 200 years to see justice go unserved for a blatant disgusting crime in America but we will likely need an all white jury.

Will the jury include Muslims?

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Will the jury include Muslims?

Were there a lot of Southern Muslims in the early-mid 1900s?

blaise
02-05-2013, 09:13 AM

Well, you just keep thinking of ways to show that the US is, or has been, as bad as other nations that sodomize and beat 5 year olds to death. Seems like your cause. Not sure why, but seems like you're passionate about it.
Maybe later on you can scour the news for evil deeds from around the globe and then let us know why Americans are worse.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Well, you just keep thinking of ways to show that the US is, or has been, as bad as other nations that sodomize and beat 5 year olds to death. Seems like your cause. Not sure why, but seems like you're passionate about it.
Maybe later on you can scour the news for evil deeds from around the globe and then let us know why Americans are worse.

That's me, America hater numero uno.

Just do me a favor and teach your kids that ANY religion combined with authority leads to disgusting abuses. And perhaps provide some American examples as to not be biased.

This sicko getting a slap on the wrist is not about Saudis being Muslims, it's about them being bassackwards ****s that do things in the name of "religion." Something that has been repeated throughout our own history. Manifest Destiny.

I guess I should have just stuck with the rank and file and offered my unique way to torture and kill this guy while saying Islam (really theocracy) sucks. Wow, how original.

blaise
02-05-2013, 09:59 AM
"Now son, WWII was bad, but let's remember that the US sucks."

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 10:12 AM
"Now son, WWII was bad, but let's remember that the US sucks."

"Speaking of Nazis, you know who wants to re-establish them in the US? The Democrats."
/the "right' side of the story

blaise
02-05-2013, 10:29 AM
"Speaking of Nazis, you know who wants to re-establish them in the US? The Democrats."
/the "right' side of the story

Who's doing what now? Are you just like mashing your hands against your keyboard?

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Who's doing what now? Are you just like mashing your hands against your keyboard?

You're labeling my stance in this thread as un-American. That's what your "WWII sure but the US is worse" was intending yes?

Just letting you know you guys do that ALL the time. Look no further than a post made just minutes ago.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9379858&postcount=63

Perhaps you are more subtle, but I know it when I see it.

nstygma
02-05-2013, 10:42 AM
That's me, America hater numero uno.

Just do me a favor and teach your kids that ANY religion combined with authority leads to disgusting abuses. And perhaps provide some American examples as to not be biased.

This sicko getting a slap on the wrist is not about Saudis being Muslims, it's about them being bassackwards ****s that do things in the name of "religion." Something that has been repeated throughout our own history. Manifest Destiny.

I guess I should have just stuck with the rank and file and offered my unique way to torture and kill this guy while saying Islam (really theocracy) sucks. Wow, how original.is it the person, or their tools? why do you blame religion when the people are still the ones doing the wrong? do you also blame guns when somebody does something evil with one? do you blame chlamydia when you get the clap? or do you blame the person behind the act?

blaise
02-05-2013, 10:48 AM
You're labeling my stance in this thread as un-American. That's what your "WWII sure but the US is worse" was intending yes?

Just letting you know you guys do that ALL the time. Look no further than a post made just minutes ago.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9379858&postcount=63

Perhaps you are more subtle, but I know it when I see it.

I'm not labeling it anything. You're the one saying its important to say the US is just as bad. It's your argument, not mine. You introduced it and you've been arguing it. I can only guess at your motivation.
The whole Nazi thing and the "you guys" is a little weird.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 10:53 AM
is it the person, or their tools? why do you blame religion when the people are still the ones doing the wrong? do you also blame guns when somebody does something evil with one? do you blame chlamydia when you get the clap? or do you blame the person behind the act?

You be sure to question anyone else whose reply to this thread was "damn Muslims."

Blaming religion or people for stupid shit done in the name of religion is really a chicken/egg to me. Religion is made/practiced by people and is therefore flawed. People are flawed by the religion they blindly practice.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 11:02 AM
I'm not labeling it anything. You're the one saying its important to say the US is just as bad. It's your argument, not mine. You introduced it and you've been arguing it. I can only guess at your motivation.
The whole Nazi thing and the "you guys" is a little weird.

And you then mocked my saying that. Cool, mock away. I think it's important. You think only bad things done in America done after '08 are relevant, cool whatever.

Your not in the "dems are Nazis" crowd? Fine, but don't act like it isn't spewed often.

blaise
02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
And you then mocked my saying that. Cool, mock away. I think it's important. You think only bad things done in America done after '08 are relevant, cool whatever.

Your not in the "dems are Nazis" crowd? Fine, but don't act like it isn't spewed often.

I'll act how I want. If you want to start yelling about Nazis, go ahead. Don't try to act like I somehow compelled you to do it.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 11:08 AM
I'll act how I want. If you want to start yelling about Nazis, go ahead. Don't try to act like I somehow compelled you to do it.

So why did you bring up WWII?

bevischief
02-05-2013, 11:13 AM
We should US military personnel over there immediately!!!!

Not our problem....sucks....but it's not anything I'm losing sleep over. Those ****ers over there have been doing shit like that for thousands of years.

This.

blaise
02-05-2013, 11:14 AM
So why did you bring up WWII?

Because you seem to be making an argument that other nation's human rights violations should be coupled with examples of episodes in US history.

Wait, are you saying WWII was somehow intended to introduce a conversation about Nazis? Give me a break. You're sort of like a more coherent Frankie.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Because you seem to be making an argument that other nation's human rights violations should be coupled with examples of episodes in US history.

Wait, are you saying WWII was somehow intended to introduce a conversation about Nazis? Give me a break. You're sort of like a more coherent Frankie.

I really didn't know what your WWII ref was for other than to show an atrocity that can't be matched in US history.

We did terrible things in WWII as well. Granted the good far outweighed the bad, however it does not, nor will it ever give us a clean slate. They should be coupled. Not unlike how the right is coupling the Dems to the Nazis of late. Deny it if you like, it's a fact.

blaise
02-05-2013, 11:24 AM
I really didn't know what your WWII ref was for other than to show an atrocity that can't be matched in US history.

We did terrible things in WWII as well. Granted the good far outweighed the bad, however it does not, nor will it ever give us a clean slate. They should be coupled. Not unlike how the right is coupling the Dems to the Nazis of late. Deny it if you like, it's a fact.

I don't deny it, just like I didn't deny it when liberals said it about Bush.

But like I said, you go have your little Nazi talk if you want. It's not something I usually participate in.

KChiefer
02-05-2013, 11:30 AM
I don't deny it, just like I didn't deny it when liberals said it about Bush.

But like I said, you go have your little Nazi talk if you want. It's not something I usually participate in.

Yeah, you don't take offense when someone accuses someone else of being a Nazi, but you do take offense when someone says that the US has allowed ACTUAL crimes like what happened in Saudi Arabia.

blaise
02-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Yeah, you don't take offense when someone accuses someone else of being a Nazi, but you do take offense when someone says that the US has allowed ACTUAL crimes like what happened in Saudi Arabia.

That's pretty nonsensical.

listopencil
02-05-2013, 12:50 PM
is it the person, or their tools? why do you blame religion when the people are still the ones doing the wrong? do you also blame guns when somebody does something evil with one? do you blame chlamydia when you get the clap? or do you blame the person behind the act?

I blame it on the combination of the authority of Religion and the power of the State. It's a ridiculously unjust way to run a country.

listopencil
02-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Update:

The mother of a five-year-old Saudi girl who was tortured to death by her ‘celebrity cleric’ father, has said she wants him brought to justice.

Lama al-Ghamdi died in October having suffered multiple injuries including a crushed skull, broken ribs and left arm as well as extensive bruising.

It has been alleged that she had also been repeatedly raped and that the injuries she sustained from the sexual abuse had been burned.

It was previously reported that her father Fayhan al-Ghamdi, a prominent Islamist preacher who regularly appears on television in Saudi Arabia, had been released after paying ‘blood money’ to his ex-wife, and Lama’s mother, Syeda Mohammed Ali.

It has now emerged that Lama’s mother is bringing her own case against al-Ghamdi, who is still in prison.

‘My dear child is dead, and all I want now is justice so I can close my eyes and know she didn't die in vain,’ Syeda Mohammed Ali, told CNN, adding that her daughter was ‘brutally tortured in the most shocking ways.’

She is divorced from al-Ghamdi who is remarried and has two more children, and claims the torture happened whilst Lama was in her father’s care in March last year.

‘The state needs to even consider taking his two children from him and his wife away because I fear for their lives,’ she added.

'These are not some unfounded accusations, but everything is based on the medical examination by the hospital and the team of physicians who treated Lama when she was first admitted.'

She said al-Ghamdi had voiced concerns about five-year-old Lama's virginity.

According to the Saudi Arabian Human Rights Commission, al-Ghamdi has been imprisoned for the past eight months and that the case is still under review.

Syeda Mohammed Ali said her ex-husband has admitted to the torture and will face justice when the next hearing in the case takes place in two weeks.

Activists from the group Women to Drive said the preacher had doubted Lama's virginity and had her checked up by a medic.

Randa al-Kaleeb, a social worker from the hospital where Lama was admitted, said the girl's back was broken and that she had been repeatedly raped and her injuries burned.

It was reported that al-Ghamdi agreed to pay £31,000 ($50,000) in blood money, a fact denied by Lama's mother who says al-Ghamdi did not rape Lama.

Activists say under Islamic laws a father cannot be executed for murdering his children. Husbands can also not be executed for murdering their wives, the group say.

Three Saudi activists, including Manal al-Sharif, who started the women's right to drive campaign, have raised objections to the case as it highlights the urgent need for legislation to protect women and children from domestic abuse.

Manal al-Sharif has launched a campaign on Twitter using the hashtag 'Ana Lama', which is translated as I am Lama, calling for an improvement on the judicial treatment of women and children.

Local reports say public anger in Saudi Arabia is also growing and authorities have said they will create a 24-hour hotline to take calls about child abuse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273719/Torment-mother-Lama-al-Ghamdi-raped-tortured-death-celebrity-cleric-ex-husband-Fayhan-al-Ghamdi.html#axzz2KFoVhL5t