PDA

View Full Version : Is college football talk fair game on this board?

Frazod
08-21-2000, 10:40 PM
Was just wondering because the college action kicks off for real this Saturday, Aug. 26.

The first game of the day KSU vs. Iowa in Kansas City on FoxSports Net.

The locals should love that game.

Anyone from the KC area going to be in attendance?

I'm really fired up for some CFA gridiron action.

John in St. Louis metro

DaWolf
08-21-2000, 11:02 PM
I'm totally fired up for the college season to begin. I love watching any game played at Arrowhead. My college teams are Nebraska and Penn St. I must admit I just watch all the games, I don't follow spring practices or recruiting. I'm only insane for Chief football...

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 11:04 PM
Molina, anything is fair game within tasteful reason.

Frazod
08-21-2000, 11:04 PM
Thanks AZ,

I won't push it too far on the non NFL topics. Guess we'll just have to see how it plays out, huh?

But Saturday is a huge day and if you are a football fan with a pulse, you have to be pumped!

John in St. Louis metro

Frazod
08-21-2000, 11:08 PM
Thank you Mr. Moderator.

My two college football teams are Missouri (hoops too) and Notre Dame football.

Don't care much for Michigan or Florida St.

How about Penn St. being ranked #22 in the pre-season poll? Ouch.

No title in Happy Valley, Pa. this year.

John in St. Louis metro

DaWolf
08-21-2000, 11:12 PM
I grew up in So. California and my Dad went to UCLA...that combined with my love of Penn St. and Joe Pa means that PSU need to kick the crap out of USC on Sunday!

KSU and Iowa shouldn't be much of a game...I'm assuming K State will kill them. The line is at 28.5 and rising. I don't think FSU and BYU will be too close either. Regardless, it's football and it counts!! KC and Indy is right around the corner!<P>

DaWolf
08-21-2000, 11:14 PM
The poll I choose to use is the one ABC/ESPN is using where PSU is ranked 17th and USC is ranked 16th! PSU will be a little down because of the amount and quality of the players that went to the NFL.

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 11:16 PM
College Football?

Hmm, well, I'm more concerned on the teams from Texas A&M Kingsville, Angelo State, Portland State, North Dakota State, Central Missouri State, NW Missouri State, Pittsburg State...

I'd rather watch Div II college football where the kids are playing because they love the game, not for the multi-gazillion dollar shoe endorsement or the "lets leave college as a Sophomore for the NFL."

&lt;steps down off of his soapbox&gt;

Sorry, go ahead with your discussion http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

MCF

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
Nightwolf Graphics

DaWolf
08-21-2000, 11:16 PM
Molina...Notre Dame, huh? They've gotta a brutal schedule and a worse coach. It's not going to be pretty in South Bend this year. Nebraska are coming! Look out!!

Frazod
08-21-2000, 11:17 PM
AZ,

that New Mexico at Texas Tech game on Saturday should be a 'thrilla', huh? FoxSports is carrying that game too.

And on Sunday night - Georgia Tech at #11 Virginia Tech on ESPN2. The TV will get a work-out this weekend. Amen.....

John

DaWolf
08-21-2000, 11:20 PM
LOL, Texas Tech! I can't wait for real college football. I usually go to a couple of the ASU games...they've been bad since Plummer left but I still cheer on. I went to the ND/ASU game...ND killed us.

Frazod
08-21-2000, 11:23 PM
M-C-N,

NAIA football is wonderful.

I live in Lebanon, Il, about 25 miles east of St. Louis. 10 minutes from the campus of McKendree College(www.mckendree.edu).

Know what you mean about kids playing "for the love of the game." Much like high school.

Haven't missed a Bearcats home football contest in the last five years. They re-started the program in 1996 after a 45 year absence from the game.

Thanks for the thoughts.

John

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 11:28 PM
Any Big 10 school, except Purdue!!!

Michael Michigan
08-21-2000, 11:28 PM
I'm A Washington Husky fan, their first three games are brutal! Miami, Colorado, Oregon...

Marques Tuisasopo is going to be a good qb.....

shakesthecat
08-22-2000, 08:05 AM
I don't follow College ball as closely as the pros, but working at UK, I like the SEC, and have to admire the depth of the Big 10. I'll join in where I feel I can add something.

kcmax
08-22-2000, 08:21 AM
John - I will be there clad in Purple. I love the Chiefs playing in Arrowhead Stadium, but it will be a special treat to see my boys from State demolish the Hawkeyes in my place of Sunday worship.

Don't know if Henry Ortman is on this BB yet, but I will apologize in advance for the thumping we will deliver to his Hawks.<P>

redshirt32
08-22-2000, 08:53 AM
ChiTown-
I'm a Hawks fan, too. We've been pretty pitiful lately. Hopefully that will change in the next couple of years. I haven't been able to follow them like I used to since I'm in Houston but I'm still loyal. Don't worry, I'm not going to boot you or anything. ;D I'm not going to abuse my moderator powers........

yet! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

kcmax
08-22-2000, 09:03 AM
KPhobia - I love the Hawks, they're my second favorite college team. If I were smart enough, I would have been accepted to their school. You've got my full admiration and respect.

ChiTown
~standy ready in suck-up mode to the Moderator http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

kcmax
08-22-2000, 09:14 AM
KPhobia
By the way, you should get your sorry butt to Arrowhead this weekend! True Hawkeye fans will be present. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

I don't need much of an excuse to be in KC, but this will be fun on Saturday. I was actually hoping to catch the Hawks in 2001. They have a realy young team this year, and it could have been more competitive if the game were next year instead.

Go Cats!!!!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

redshirt32
08-22-2000, 09:32 AM
I would have loved to have gone this weekend but I have enough trouble going up for Chief games. College is entirely secondary to NFL football for me. Quite the opposite with basketball. Keep the Hawk news flying. I'm sure Henry & myself will appreciate any updates.... No need to suckup, I hate everyone equally. ;D

Smltheppl
08-22-2000, 09:49 AM
Living in Knoxville, you can imagine how much Vols football gets crammed down my throat, thought I would not survive the off season after they won the whole thing. I loved Nebraska killing them last Jan 1, and am looking forward to a 7-4 record this year. It is to the point where I quit taking the Knoxville paper, because of the Vol hype. Still a big 12 fan, hard to say that, and would like to see all 3 area teams, Hawks, Tigers, and Wildcats go to bowls.

Devin Vierth
08-22-2000, 10:56 AM
Nebraska is going to run the table this year. I think Saturdays are fine for posting college comments. And I can't wait to see any game that counts. College or Pro.

TheFly
08-22-2000, 10:58 AM
Any Ohio State fans? I've followed them from afar for about 6-7 years, but never really immersed myself in the 'nuts and bolts' of the team.

If so, what are their prospects this year?