PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ***Official Trade for Nick Foles Thread***

Pages : [1] 2

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 06:12 AM
Because this shit is like herpes.... :)

http://spectrumculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/napoleon-dynamite-screenshot.jpg

Give up our 3rd for this guy. We all know Chiefs don't draft QB's in the early rounds...we trade for backups.

*Edit*

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7475/nick-foles

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL 32 Thursday that he believes Nick Foles could be acquired for a third-round pick.
Foles-to-Kansas City is the obvious connection because Andy Reid drafted Foles and the Chiefs need a quarterback. (Desperately.) "I do believe there is some substance to the desire to talk to the Eagles about Nick Foles," said Mort. "I think it'd take probably a third-rounder to get Foles. So I wouldn't close the door on that." In an ideal world, the Chiefs could acquire Foles for a third-rounder, re-sign Dwayne Bowe, and perhaps draft Luke Joeckel at No. 1 overall. Feb 21 - 5:23 PM

Scorp
02-21-2013, 06:15 AM
GENO!

the Talking Can
02-21-2013, 06:16 AM
trading for a 3rd round back up is not risky, picking a first round QB is risky

do it

Ace Gunner
02-21-2013, 06:19 AM
peyton manning

Red Dawg
02-21-2013, 06:25 AM
Sign J Russell. Lets roll the dice bitches.

KCRED
02-21-2013, 06:30 AM
Do it.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 06:31 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20121128-panthers_eagles_football_28516899.jpg.ece/BINARY/w620x413/PANTHERS_EAGLES_FOOTBALL_28516899.JPG

HotCarl
02-21-2013, 06:41 AM
Doing this when we have a 49ers alumni available is just silly.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 06:42 AM
http://images.maxpreps.com/site_images/editorial/article/e/d/e/ede469cb-7f5b-4545-a6fb-ba7d1550494f/3e274008-b361-e211-9487-002655e6c126_original.jpg

http://media.philly.com/images/121312-nick-foles-AP-600.jpg

jd1020
02-21-2013, 06:53 AM
I love the idea of trading the #1 3rd for a 2012 late 3rd pick who wasn't that good and got benched the second the Eagles hired Kelly.

KCUnited
02-21-2013, 06:59 AM
Rape Our Buttholes For Nick Foles

bsp4444
02-21-2013, 07:02 AM
I love the idea of trading the #1 3rd for a 2012 late 3rd pick who wasn't that good and got benched the second the Eagles hired Kelly.

Because we already know kelly is an established NFL genius...

The last coach to have no NFL experience to coach an NFL team...Mike Reily, 14-34.

Trading for Foles may not be the right move (I think it is) but this is clearly not the right argument against it.

jd1020
02-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Because we already know kelly is an established NFL genius...

The last coach to have no NFL experience to coach an NFL team...Mike Reily, 14-34.

Trading for Foles may not be the right move (I think it is) but this is clearly not the right argument against it.

I believe you missed the point entirely...

bevischief
02-21-2013, 07:25 AM
pooptaco

Messier
02-21-2013, 07:34 AM

He's benched? I didn't realize Kelly named a starter. Kelly's sure enthusiastic about his backup.

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 08:16 AM
ROFL

Foles wasn't benched. Foles wasn't ever the starter. He was playing because Vick was injured.

In almost every case, Foles would have gone back to being 2nd string the instant Vick signed a contract extension.

As it stands, Chip Kelly openly declared that VICK isn't the starter and the position would be subject to COMPETITION.

Foles benched? ROFL

DaKCMan AP
02-21-2013, 08:24 AM
DaKCMan AP said no to Cassel in 2008-2009.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4977829&postcount=7
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5245245&postcount=9
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5451530&postcount=82

DaKCMan AP says no to Foles in 2013.

DaKCMan AP - Awesome QB guru.

KCrockaholic
02-21-2013, 08:29 AM
The guy who wanted Wilson now wants Foles. :Lin:

RealSNR
02-21-2013, 08:31 AM
What are you doing, bro? Put this shitty thread away and get back to pimping Tyler.

We don't want Foles. Fuck him with a screwdriver. In the eye.

KC_Lee
02-21-2013, 08:36 AM
So here's whet KC needs to do;

1) Trade our 2nd for Alex Smith
2) Trade our 3rd for Nick Foles
3) Trade our 2013 3rd and our 2014 2nd for Matt Flynn

Then we can draft LT, DL, OG, DT, LT, DT with the remaining picks in that order at those positions.

With this foolproof plan KC can fullfill every NFL draft expert's wet dreams!

Who's with me?!? Come everyone, let's all get on the backup QB band wagon!!! I mean just because it has not worked in almost 37 years does not mean we have to give up on this plan right?!?!?

...sarcasm off...

RealSNR
02-21-2013, 08:49 AM
So here's whet KC needs to do;

1) Trade our 2nd for Alex Smith
2) Trade our 3rd for Nick Foles
3) Trade our 2013 3rd and our 2014 2nd for Matt Flynn

Then we can draft LT, DL, OG, DT, LT, DT with the remaining picks in that order at those positions.

With this foolproof plan KC can fullfill every NFL draft expert's wet dreams!

Who's with me?!? Come everyone, let's all get on the backup QB band wagon!!! I mean just because it has not worked in almost 37 years does not mean we have to give up on this plan right?!?!?

...sarcasm off...

I'd consider is. It at least removes all the fucking shitty ass backups out of the equation whom league experts claim should be starters somewhere in the league.

If we have them all, we can't trade for any. Then we can draft Geno.

Right?

KC_Lee
02-21-2013, 08:57 AM
I'd consider is. It at least removes all the ****ing shitty ass backups out of the equation whom league experts claim should be starters somewhere in the league.

If we have them all, we can't trade for any. Then we can draft Geno.

Right?

And think of the possibilites of switching QB's each down?!?

1st down Alex Smith, 2nd down Nick Foles, 3rd down bring in Flynn. Then just keep on switching the QB's in and out. Once we have the D's head spining we really sock it to 'em by putting Joekel in a QB and Albert at HB and run the wishbone.

My God we'll be a juggernaut!!!!!

ncCHIEFfan
02-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Folse will not happen! We are no longer Chiefs of old.....Welcome Geno Smith!

ncCHIEFfan
02-21-2013, 09:01 AM
:grovel:

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
ESPN's Chris Mortensen suggested Nick Foles could be acquired by #Chiefs for "probably a third-rounder": http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7475/nick-foles …

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL 32 Thursday that he believes Nick Foles could be acquired for a third-round pick.
Foles-to-Kansas City is the obvious connection because Andy Reid drafted Foles and the Chiefs need a quarterback. (Desperately.) "I do believe there is some substance to the desire to talk to the Eagles about Nick Foles," said Mort. "I think it'd take probably a third-rounder to get Foles. So I wouldn't close the door on that." In an ideal world, the Chiefs could acquire Foles for a third-rounder, re-sign Dwayne Bowe, and perhaps draft Luke Joeckel at No. 1 overall. Feb 21 - 5:23 PM

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Eagles' Kelly supports Foles, hazy on Asomugha

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2013/02/21/eagles-kelly-supports-foles-hazy-on-asomugha

INDIANAPOLIS — New Eagles head coach Chip Kelly said that he’d like to coach QB Nick Foles, despite talk that the second-year QB could be traded.

“I want to coach Nick Foles,” Kelly said. “And I want to get a chance to spend time with him.”

Kelly was followed on the podium by former Eagles head coach Andy Reid, who was asked if he might want to trade for Foles and bring him to Kansas City with the Chiefs. Reid declined to comment, per NFL tampering rules.

But Kelly’s most vague, non-committal quote came when asked about CB Nnamdi Asomugha, who is due $15.5 million in 2013.

"I think Nnamdi has the skill set … that can play football," Kelly said.

Asked several more times about Asomugha, Kelly deferred to the Eagles’ personnel department. The only other non-quarterback Kelly was asked about was LB DeMeco Ryans, and Kelly was rather effusive of his praise.

Kelly said that he has watched film of every current Eagles player from last season but that it only can reveal so much.

“I have watched every game, every cut-up of every player, but until you see them in minicamp you don’t know what you have,” he said. “The film can tell you a lot but not everything.”

Michael Vick revamped his contract to return to Philadelphia this season, and the Eagles have signed Kelly’s former quarterback at Oregon from 2007, Dennis Dixon, who just won a ring as a practice-squad member of the Ravens last season. It’s clear that the remainder of the Eagles’ QB depth chart remains in flux, but Kelly wasn’t giving too many indications which direction it might turn.

“I am not a predictor of how things will work, and I have not had a chance to work with them,” he said. “I last saw Dennis Dixon in 2007, and I haven’t had a chance to work with Michael or Nick. I saw Nick play. I never saw Trent Edwards in person.”

Eagles GM Howie Roseman followed Kelly and said Foles is in the team’s plans.

"Foles is a talented guy, and we just drafted him last year,” Roseman said. “I think this is a different situation than we've had the past couple of years where we had quarterbacks. We like the player.”

Roseman said it’s bad business to get rid of talented quarterbacks.

“We're trying to accumulate good, young players. We're not in the business of trying to get rid of good, young players."

Roseman would not specifically say if the Eagles would play a 3-4 defense following the hiring of coordinator Billy Davis, who has coached both 3-4 and 4-3 systems, but he did indicate that the Eagles’ personnel could fit a 3-4 scheme if needed, noting Brandon Graham could be a 3-4 outside linebacker.

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Whose ideal world?

FUCK YOU CHRIS MORTENSON!

If we give up anything higher than a 4th for Foles, that's going to suck.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Chiefs can forget about acquiring Foles, for now
Mike Garafolo, USA TODAY Sports4:33p.m. EST February 21, 2013
02-21-andy-reid

(Photo: Michael Conroy, AP)
Story Highlights

Eagles GM Howie Roseman, coach Chip Kelly says Nick Foles is in the team's plans for 2013
Kelly concedes Eagles offense would change depending on whether Michael Vick or Foles was starting

INDIANAPOLIS – Howie Roseman saw Andy Reid approaching and yelled out, "Hey, Coach Reid." It signaled the end of the Philadelphia Eagles general manager's press conference as Roseman yielded the podium.

It seems that's the only trade those two will be making.

Despite the Kansas City Chiefs' interest in acquiring Nick Foles, as USA TODAY Sports reported last week, the Eagles don't plan on making the second-year quarterback available to his former coach – at least not immediately.

Roseman indicated as much. As did Eagles coach Chip Kelly. And as did Reid.

"He's not available. You just had Howie up here (on the podium), so I think you know that," Reid said, addressing a Philadelphia reporter's inquiry. "I'm glad you asked the question. I miss that."

ANOTHER OPTION?: 49ers GM mum on Alex Smith's future

After a laugh from Reid and the assembled media, Reid continued, "Listen, Nick is the property of the Philadelphia Eagles. I think they like him. … I drafted him along with Howie and Howie's still there. I know Howie likes him."

That's precisely what Roseman said during his session with the media. Kelly has spoken at length about Foles' toughness and continues to say the signing of Michael Vick to a renegotiated contract doesn't spell the end of Foles' tenure in Philly.

"I wanna coach Nick," Kelly said. "I wanna spend time with him and see him."

But here's where it gets a bit interesting. On Feb. 11, the day the team announced Vick's restructuring and the hiring of the coaching staff, Kelly was asked about having an open competition between Vick and Foles while running two different systems.

"I don't think it's two different systems," Kelly replied.

Asked Thursday about that statement and how the mobile Vick and Foles, a more traditional pocket passer, could run the same system, Kelly claimed he never said they could.

"I didn't say that," Kelly said. "I said that Nick Foles has a skill set that it's our job, if he's our quarterback, to put him in position to make plays, and the same with Michael Vick."

So the Eagles are indeed going to have to make a decision at some point whether they're going to have to run the kind of offense Kelly installed at Oregon or a more traditional approach with Foles.

"You always do that, no matter who your quarterback is," Kelly said. "I don't think it's revamp the system. It's not like we're going to throw our offense out and put another guy. But obviously, one player throws certain routes better than another player. One person does another job in certain 'check-with-me's at the line of scrimmage.

"I don't think anybody runs the same exact play-call sheet with their first quarterback or second quarterback or whomever. You kind of adjust it to your personnel."

Meanwhile, Reid tried his best not to say Matt Cassel doesn't seem to have a future as the Chiefs' starting quarterback. But he didn't exactly make it seem that's the case.

"I had an opportunity to go through and look at our quarterbacks. I think (former general manager) Scott Pioli really did a good job of bringing guys in and giving us an opportunity to win games with some of the guys that are there," Reid said, but then added: "We're going to go through the whole process of looking at the college kids who are here, free agency and any trade possibilities that come up."

Reid would love for Foles to come up as a trade possibility. But again, that doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

At least not yet.

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 04:36 PM
I see Chris Mortenson is making the (somewhat faulty) assumption that Andy Reid "drafted" Nick Foles.

Howie Roseman drafted Nick Foles and Howie Roseman is still in Philadelphia.

Messier
02-21-2013, 04:46 PM
I see Chris Mortenson is making the (somewhat faulty) assumption that Andy Reid "drafted" Nick Foles.

Howie Roseman drafted Nick Foles and Howie Roseman is still in Philadelphia.

Sure it's a guess, but an educated one that any QBs acquired by the Eagles (and here to) was and is Reid's choice. Yes, I'm willing to bet every QB acquired while Reid was in Philly, was who he wanted.

O.city
02-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Sure it's a guess, but an educated one that any QBs acquired by the Eagles (and here to) was and is Reid's choice. Yes, I'm willing to bet every QB acquired while Reid was in Philly, was who he wanted.

We were told by Eagle fans, that the last 2 years Reid didn't have much say in the draft process, IIRC.

Messier
02-21-2013, 04:50 PM
We were told by Eagle fans, that the last 2 years Reid didn't have much say in the draft process, IIRC.

That's dumb.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 04:50 PM

Because everything your read on teh intraweb it true!

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 04:51 PM

Except that a couple of the guys that came over here when Reid was hired said it wasn't that simple.

Jeff Lurie wasn't happy with the drafting and Roseman basically campaigned that he should be given control over Reid. Lurie sided with Roseman and the last 2 drafts were his. Reid was stripped of final say. It's entirely possible that Reid signed off on Foles. It also entirely possible that Reid didn't want him and Roseman took him anyway.

O.city
That's dumb.

Why?

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm sure some others can expunge on that a little more than I can.

htismaqe
That's dumb.

The fact that there was a falling out between Reid and Roseman, with Roseman ultimately winning Lurie's favor, is public knowledge.

O.city
02-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Because everything your read on teh intraweb it true!

Oh, am I not saying enough positive stuff in here for you?

Maybe go bleed on the Wilson thread.

The Franchise
02-21-2013, 04:52 PM
I still think that the Eagles hold onto Foles until after the draft. One of the QB needy teams will miss out on a QB and the Eagles will get a higher pick next year for him.

Messier
02-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Except that a couple of the guys that came over here when Reid was hired said it wasn't that simple.

Jeff Lurie wasn't happy with the drafting and Roseman basically campaigned that he should be given control over Reid. Lurie sided with Roseman and the last 2 drafts were his. Reid was stripped of final say. It's entirely possible that Reid signed off on Foles. It also entirely possible that Reid didn't want him and Roseman took him anyway.

If we're to believe rumors, he must've learned to like him.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Oh, am I not saying enough positive stuff in here for you?

Maybe go bleed on the Wilson thread.

Butt hurt post is butt hurt.

O.city
02-21-2013, 04:54 PM

Cause he played him when he didn't have anyone else?

O.city
02-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Butt hurt post is butt hurt.

Not positive enough huh? I hear the MU BBall thread needs some trolling, off you go.

Messier
02-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Cause he played him when he didn't have anyone else?

Becase he wouldn't mind if he were here.

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 04:57 PM

Who else was he going to play? They didn't have another available starter.

O.city

I'm sure he wouldn't. Guess we will see if he puts his money where his mouth is though.

RealSNR
Fuck dude. I'm all on board with Tyler Wilson. I like the QB a lot.

Why the fuck are you suddenly talking about fucking Nick Foles?

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 04:58 PM

Andy Reid has never said he wants him here.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Not positive enough huh? I hear the MU BBall thread needs some trolling, off you go.

Q

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 04:59 PM

He's basically down for whatever shit show they try to feed us.

That's why he's started like 6 ***official draft [insert flavor of the week] QB*** threads.

O.city
02-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Q

Hypocrite

Easy 6
02-21-2013, 05:00 PM
In my perfect world, this is a no-go... draft Geno or Tyler so we can finally have a homegrown product to build on, i've been saying that for years.

But i will admit that i wont jump off a bridge if this is reeeally what Reid and Dorsey believe is the best move... i'm going to trust that they both know, deep in their bones, the severity of the situation.

Messier
02-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Andy Reid has never said he wants him here.

Did you see how used the word rumored? That was on purpose.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 05:01 PM

Not necessarily taking his back...rather starting a thread to start dumping all of the inevitable "Foles to KC..." articles we are seeing and will be seeing until we have our QB.

When you see be change my signature to Foles....then start worrying about me. :D

BradBigglestein
02-21-2013, 05:02 PM
About the Reid and drafting situation:

Eagles fans can come over here and tell you story A and story B, but the fact is no one knows the influence in the organization other than the people themselves. Before and during this past season beat writers and reporters who covered the team said Andy Reid lost control to Joe Banner around 2009 or 2010 and that is why the Eagles had horrific drafts in 2010 and 2011. Then the same reporters said that Reid gained power back before the 2012 draft and demanded he have power back in the organization.

Eagles owner Jeff Lurie said in his press conference to announce Reid's firing said there was no power struggle and Reid always had final say, but Roseman was responsible for giving Reid the right players to choose from. So the bottom line is no one knows for sure. People can make educated guesses, but anyone who states anything as fact isn't speaking truthfully.

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 05:06 PM

I don't see the word "rumored" anywhere in here.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 05:07 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/2/21/4015076/andy-reid-relishes-challenge-opportunity-chiefs

On whether he would consider trading for Nick Foles:

"He's not available. You just had Howie (Roseman) up here, so I think you know that. I'm glad you asked the question. I miss that. Listen, Nick is the property of the Philadelphia Eagles, and I think they like him."

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 05:11 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/2/21/4015076/andy-reid-relishes-challenge-opportunity-chiefs

On whether he would consider trading for Nick Foles:

"He's not available. You just had Howie (Roseman) up here, so I think you know that. I'm glad you asked the question. I miss that. Listen, Nick is the property of the Philadelphia Eagles, and I think they like him."

To be fair, he really can't say anything else. That would be tampering.

Easy 6
02-21-2013, 05:12 PM
That AP quote really makes it sound like it isnt happening, and of course it makes sense for the eagles to keep him, why draft or go into free agency when you already have two potential guys already on the team.

Fine by me, its draft or bust for KC.

Messier
02-21-2013, 05:12 PM
I don't see the word "rumored" anywhere in here.

Go back one more post of mine. Hint: you and o.city quoted it.

You might be confused because I said rumors not rumored

I'm confident you'll find it. Good luck.

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Go back one more post of mine. Hint: you and o.city quoted it.

You might be confused because I said rumors not rumored

I'm confident you'll find it. Good luck.

Well, in the context of the conversation, the "rumors" comment seems to be related to Foles starting in Philly last year, not Reid wanting him here now.

If by "rumors" you're talking about Reid wanting him in KC, then yeah, they're rumors. And that's pretty much it.

Reid himself hasn't said anything about it (because he can't) and Chip Kelly and the Eagles are calling Foles competition for the starting job.

So all of the Foles talk is pretty much useless, media-fueled speculation.

B14ckmon
02-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Nothing either Chip or Reid said, means anything. Just professional speak.

Messier
02-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Well, in the context of the conversation, the "rumors" comment seems to be related to Foles starting in Philly last year, not Reid wanting him here now.

If by "rumors" you're talking about Reid wanting him in KC, then yeah, they're rumors. And that's pretty much it.

Reid himself hasn't said anything about it (because he can't) and Chip Kelly and the Eagles are calling Foles competition for the starting job.

Reid was asked about Foles today. He said he's not available and that HE drafted him, and that Kelly likes him and wants to keep him. Didn't say it out right but sounds like he likes him and would like to obtain him.

Titty Meat
02-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Funny thing is the Eagles offense under Foles averaged more yards per game than Hooties NFL best QB Russell Wilson.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Funny thing is the Eagles offense under Foles averaged more yards per game than Hooties NFL best QB Russell Wilson.

But Foles sucks....CP said so...

Pasta Little Brioni
02-21-2013, 05:43 PM
barfs

Titty Meat
02-21-2013, 05:44 PM

I never liked him and wouldn't trade for him personally.

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Reid was asked about Foles today. He said he's not available and that HE drafted him, and that Kelly likes him and wants to keep him. Didn't say it out right but sounds like he likes him and would like to obtain him.

I guess I haven't seen that quote.

The only quote I've seen is this one:

O.city
02-21-2013, 05:47 PM

And we've been told by someone who has a source that the talk is overblown.

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 05:47 PM

Dude, get some Kleenex...

Messier
02-21-2013, 05:50 PM
I guess I haven't seen that quote.

The only quote I've seen is this one:

Reading between the lines, Reid had interested.

Messier
02-21-2013, 05:50 PM
And we've been told by someone who has a source that the talk is overblown.

who?

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Reading between the lines, Reid had interested.

OK, so now we're reading between the lines of meaningless coach speak?

ROFL

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 05:51 PM
who?

TBG's source said there's virtually nothing coming out of Arrowhead regarding Foles. That he's not being talked about or something to that effect.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Oh, Frank's "source"....

50/50

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Oh, Frank's "source"....

50/50

A little better than 50/50, at least lately.

O.city
02-21-2013, 05:55 PM
A little better than 50/50, at least lately.

Yeah, he's pretty much been spot on about everything this offseason.

Messier
02-21-2013, 05:56 PM
OK, so now we're reading between the lines of meaningless coach speak?

ROFL

What the f*** are any of us doing here. You're looking at one sentence quotes in tweets, saying that means QB is still in play. Its all reading onto quotes you ass.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Yeah, he's pretty much been spot on about everything this offseason.

.....sigh.

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 05:58 PM
What the f*** are any of us doing here. You're looking at one sentence quotes in tweets, saying that means QB is still in play. Its all reading onto quotes you ass.

I know.

I'm messing with you.

Relax Holmes.

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 05:59 PM
.....sigh.

What? You're disappointed?

Stop getting yourself all psyched up every time a new rumor comes out and that wouldn't happen.

What's next, the ***OFFICIAL BRING DONOVAN MCNABB OUT OF RETIREMENT*** thread?

Messier
02-21-2013, 06:01 PM
I know.

I'm messing with you.

Relax Holmes.

Well played.

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Well played.

I think this offseason has created a new malady.

Twitter-induced whiplash.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 06:02 PM
What? You're disappointed?

Stop getting yourself all psyched up every time a new rumor comes out and that wouldn't happen.

What's next, the ***OFFICIAL BRING DONOVAN MCNABB OUT OF RETIREMENT*** thread?

Don't tease yourself...

Btw...thanks for participating. Let's keep this on the front page! You and I!

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Don't tease yourself...

Btw...thanks for participating. Let's keep this on the front page! You and I!

ROFL

O.city
02-21-2013, 06:04 PM
.....sigh.

So you're a jealous Hypocrite. Got it.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-21-2013, 06:05 PM
So you're a jealous Hypocrite. Got up.

Yes. Got up.

htismaqe
02-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Got up?

I am afraid I'm not hip on all the new slang.

O.city
02-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Yes. Got up.

Nice catch.

TribalElder
02-21-2013, 06:08 PM
I hope we don't shit the bed

SAUTO
02-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Why did chip Kelly say he was "hopeful" to get foles on the practice field and see what he has?

Seemed like a slip up to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
02-21-2013, 06:57 PM
"hopefully get a chance to get him out on the practice field" exact quote
Posted via Mobile Device

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Foles competing at Chiefs' traning camp is probably a safe bet. Who he is competing with is the not 63 million dollar question.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Reid said today trading for Foles is not an option.

Thread over !

O.city
02-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Rotoworld Football ‏@Rotoworld_FB

Eagles, Chiefs discuss Foles swap at Combine http://dlvr.it/304Yr8
Retweeted by Evan Silva

htismaqe
02-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Rotoworld Football ‏@Rotoworld_FB

Eagles, Chiefs discuss Foles swap at Combine http://dlvr.it/304Yr8
Retweeted by Evan Silva

Cool.

Hopefully that's the end of it but if not oh well.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Behind the scenes, Chiefs and Eagles discuss Foles

Behind the scenes, Chiefs and Eagles discuss Foles
Mike Garafolo, USA TODAY Sports11:17a.m. EST February 23, 2013
combine foles

(Photo: Eric Hartline, USA TODAY Sports)
Story Highlights

A possible trade between the Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles involving QB Nick Foles has been discussed
The Eagles, with new head coach Chip Kelly, insist they want to keep Foles, who was drafted by Andy Reid, now head coach of the Chiefs
Meanwhile, the Chiefs haven't (yet) asked QB Matt Cassel to take a pay cut from his $7.5 million 2013 salary

INDIANAPOLIS – The Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles spoke this week about a possible trade involving Eagles quarterback Nick Foles, but no progress has been made toward a deal, according to a person informed of the talks between the teams.

The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because the conversations weren't to be discussed publicly, said the Eagles conveyed to the Chiefs what they've been saying through the media – they like Foles and plan on giving him a chance to compete with Michael Vick for the starting job.

YAWN! Elway unimpressed with Combine QBs

'WAY AHEAD OF SCHEDULE': Doc amazed by RGIII's rehab

BARKLEY VIDEO: USC QB on his draft value

Former Eagles coach Andy Reid was asked about Foles during his press conference at the scouting combine. The new Chiefs coach said, "He's not available. You just had (Eagles GM) Howie (Roseman) up here (on the podium), so I think you know that."

However, the conversation between the teams about Foles nonetheless occurred later that day. The Eagles reiterated what Reid already knew – Foles is not on the market at this point.

There's always a chance things could change in the next few weeks or months. In fact, there's no urgency at this point because, while teams are free to discuss potential trades right now, no deals can occur before the start of the league year on March 12. For now, talks between the Eagles and Chiefs are going nowhere on the Foles front.

Meanwhile, a person briefed on the Chiefs' thinking in regard to Matt Cassel said the veteran quarterback has not been offered a pay cut from his slated salary of $7.5 million. The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the team hasn't talked about Cassel's contract situation in detail, said it seems Cassel is destined to be released soon.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Better than Alex Smith.

Messier
02-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Those that get excited that every QB trade that looks like it won't happen, doesn't mean we're one step closer to a QB in the first. It means we're one step closer to Cassel being on the team. So, I wouldn't get too excited.

O.city
02-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Those that get excited that every QB trade that looks like it won't happen, doesn't mean we're one step closer to a QB in the first. It means we're one step closer to Cassel being on the team. So, I wouldn't get too excited.

I'm guessing you didn't read that article?

siberian khatru
02-23-2013, 10:46 AM
So by "discuss" we mean:

KC: Is Foles available?

PHI: No.

KC: OK, thanks.

Messier
02-23-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm guessing you didn't read that article?

Maybe it's part of negotiations, but it says the Eagles plan on keeping Foles.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-23-2013, 10:48 AM
So by "discuss" we mean:

KC: Is Foles available?

PHI: No.

KC: OK, thanks.

Perhaps...but it kind of gives some insight on where they stand on drafting a qb with the overall pick at the moment...

Mr_Tomahawk
02-23-2013, 10:52 AM
How soon can a trade like this occur if it were to happen? Someone yesterday said the 12th?

mcaj22
02-23-2013, 10:58 AM
what if Foles was option 1a and now Alex Smith is option 1b

fuck me running. i hate this team

O.city
02-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Maybe it's part of negotiations, but it says the Eagles plan on keeping Foles.

That and the part that says they're likely to release cassel as no reneg has occured

htismaqe
02-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Perhaps...but it kind of gives some insight on where they stand on drafting a qb with the overall pick at the moment...

Potentially. It's possible they view Foles strictly as an insurance policy. Not likely, but still possible.

RUSH
02-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN
RE: Nick Foles. I'm told nothing has changed. Eagles and Chiefs spoke. They're no closer to a trade. Eagles not backing off their demands.

Messier
02-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN
RE: Nick Foles. I'm told nothing has changed. Eagles and Chiefs spoke. They're no closer to a trade. Eagles not backing off their demands.

Seems odd to tweet this.

htismaqe
02-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN

Good.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Seems odd to tweet this.

Agreed.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-24-2013, 08:51 AM
So how many reports surface today that we are interested in Foles but Eagles plan on keeping him....meanwhile they sign another QB to the roster [sarcasm].

Mr_Tomahawk
02-26-2013, 12:12 PM
I still think with 4 QBs on the roster...Eagles will eventually shop Foles.

----------------------------------

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2013/02/eagles_meet_with_matt_barkley.html

Despite restructuring Michael Vick's contract and publicly announcing that Nick Foles is not on the market, many believe the Eagles will still go after a quarterback early in the draft. Vick is not though of as the future of the team and Foles does not seem to fit into the style of offense Chip Kelly is expected to run. That leaves the Eagles looking for a franchise quarterback, one Kelly could groom and build his offense around.

Could that quarterback be Barkley?

Where Barkley will fall in the draft is not clear. Some believe he could fall into the second round, while some reports have him not making it out of the top 10. Unless the Eagles decide to take Barkley with the fourth overall pick- a move that is highly unlikely- they will either have to move back into the first round or hope he makes it all the way to the 35th pick in the draft- something that very well could happen, although quarterback is always a position that teams will reach for on draft day.

Of course meeting with a player at the Combine is not always a sign that the team is extremely interested. Most teams will meet with any player they feel could potentially become available to them, doing their homework to cover all angles on draft day. Still, meeting with Barkley does at least show that Howie Roseman and Chip Kelly view him as a player that could potentially draft.

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/10999/20130226/eagles-cut-linemen-philadelphia-releases-cullen-jenkins.htm

The Eagles have brought back quarterback Michael Vick and also signed backup Dennis Dixon to join Nick Foles and Trent Edwards on the roster. Kelly said that Vick will have a chance to compete for the starting position next season and while it has not went down yet, rumors have circulated that the team is planning to trade Foles.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/2013/02/ej_manuel_has_skills_to_run_read_option_in_nfl

Time will tell just how prominent the read option will be in Chip Kelly’s offense next season.

If you believe Nick Foles will be the Eagles’ starting quarterback, which I don’t, then the read option will be scarcer than a Kardashian at a Mensa meeting.

The Eagles have four quarterbacks on their roster: Foles, Dixon, Mike Vick and Trent Edwards. Edwards’ days in Philadelphia are numbered. He’s at the bus terminal at 10th & Filbert right now, waiting for the next Greyhound out of town.

Foles probably is the best quarterback of the other three. But if you played the which-one-doesn’t-belong game with him and Vick and Dixon, he’d be odd man out. Vick and Dixon both have the speed to run the read option. Foles doesn’t.

Kelly insists he’s keeping his options open right now.

“I’ve never had a chance to work with Michael or Nick,” he said. “I saw Nick play in college. I’ve spoken with all of those guys on the phone, but that was just an introductory, ‘Hey, how you doin’?’

“I can’t tell you what the future’s going to be or who it’s going to be (playing quarterback). A lot of that will come when we have a chance to spend time with them out on the practice field.”

Kelly insists he’s not married to the read option, that he’ll fit his system around the talent on his roster.

But it makes little sense that Kelly would make the giant leap from college to the pros, then be willing to bag the read option, which was a critical component in his offensive system at Oregon.

It also would make little sense to keep Foles around as a backup to Vick, since, as Rivera pointed out, you’d have to alter your offense if Vick got hurt.

“Nick Foles has a skill set that, it’s our job, if he’s our quarterback, to put him in a position to make plays,” Kelly said.

“Obviously, one player throws certain routes better than another player, one person does a better job in certain check-with-mes at the line of scrimmage. That’s what I think every coach does. I don’t think anybody runs the same exact playcall sheet (with different quarterbacks).”

It would be a shock if the Eagles didn’t select a quarterback in the draft in late April, and it would be a shock if it isn’t one of the guys with the skill set to run the read option.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Cmon Dixon and Edwards are camp fodder. The right QB falls to them at 4, then yeah they'll deal Fools.

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Cmon Dixon and Edwards are camp fodder. The right QB falls to them at 4, then yeah they'll deal Fools.

Exactly.

Direckshun
02-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Yeah, Foles is going to be traded or hit the market.

Titty Meat
02-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Meh Dixon and Edwards are Mediterranean Avenue and Balic avenue they don't really matter. Foles will still be an Eagle.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-27-2013, 01:24 PM

Latest NewsRecent NewsESPN's Adam Schefter stated on SportsCenter that the Alex Smith deal "squashes" the notion of a Nick Foles-to-Kansas City trade.We wonder if Philly overplayed its hand here. The Eagles openly claimed Foles was available only for a first- or second-round pick, despite his obviously poor fit under Chip Kelly. If the Eagles are going to trade Foles -- and Schefter reported "people around the league" still believe they will -- they may have to settle for a third- or fourth-rounder after alienating his likeliest suitor. Feb 27 - 2:12 PM

Mr_Tomahawk
02-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Here you go Dane....

Cock Fucker.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-28-2013, 06:40 AM
Have we swapped 1st with the Eagles for this guy yet?

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 04:57 PM
It should be mentioned that the Eagles now have five quarterbacks on their team.

They will almost certainly cut Foles.

The Chiefs will almost certainly claim him off waivers.

They'll draft a QB in the draft and that will give us three new QBs for 2013.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 05:36 PM
No comments on this?

Nobody is trading for Foles, which means he's going to get cut, and he's going to be a Chief.

Smith, Foles, Nassib will be our QB depth chart.

That's a wholesale improvement on all three levels for the QB position, disappointment over Geno notwithstanding.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2013, 05:38 PM
No comments on this?

Nobody is trading for Foles, which means he's going to get cut, and he's going to be a Chief.

Smith, Foles, Nassib will be our QB depth chart.

That's a wholesale improvement on all three levels for the QB position, disappointment over Geno notwithstanding.

I agree. At this point, acquiring Foles is about the best thing this team is willing to do.

NJChiefsFan
03-02-2013, 05:44 PM
It should be mentioned that the Eagles now have five quarterbacks on their team.

They will almost certainly cut Foles.

The Chiefs will almost certainly claim him off waivers.

They'll draft a QB in the draft and that will give us three new QBs for 2013.

I don't think it's certain Foles is the one cut. Hypothetically though, I would take Smith Foles QB from draft as our depth chart considering where we are right now. Anything to make me realize Smith isn't being handed the Cassel treatment where he gets 2 plus years. If we landed one of the 2nd or 3rd round QB prospects I would be happy. Manuel or Bray would be my preference. Clearly the guy the draft won't get a chance year one so might as well take the guys who need work but have upside.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Trading down to #4 with Foles as part of the package might be best case.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 05:59 PM
I don't think it's certain Foles is the one cut. Hypothetically though, I would take Smith Foles QB from draft as our depth chart considering where we are right now.

He absolutely is.

Vick is your starter. Dixon is your backup.

They've wanted to trade Foles from the day Chip Kelly arrived.

That means that Trent Edwards and Nick Foles are not long for Philly.

Only Philly can't execute a trade because no team thinks Foles is a starter, and you don't trade picks for a backup.

Foles will hit the market. He'll either get waiver'd by KC, or he'll follow Andy Reid since he knows Reid loves him and will give him his best shot.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Who are their 5 qbs? And do the eagles benefit from cutting him....?

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Who are their 5 qbs? And do the eagles benefit from cutting him....?

The Eagles QBs: Vick, Dixon, Foles, Trent Edwards, and some camp fodder guy they just signed.

With resigning Vick and the acquisition of Dixon, it's clear Kelly is looking for QBs that can run. Foles, of course, is a statue. Edwards can run.

The Eagles can't carry more than 3 QBs -- well they can, but they aren't. You need a starter, a backup, and a developmental guy. With Dixon on board, Foles is no longer any of those guys for the Eagles.

But he'd fit right into slot #2 for Kansas City.

O.city
03-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Trade the 1st pick to Philly for the 4th pick for Foles, their 2nd rounder and next years first?

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Trade the 1st pick to Philly for the 4th pick for Foles, their 2nd rounder and next years first?

Eagles don't want to trade up.

They've got their QB.

O.city
03-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Kelly was obsessed with getting Geno to Eugene. He's not tied to any of those QB's. If you really think Dennis Dixon is going to keep him from getting his guy, well, I'd say thats probably not true.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Eagles don't want to trade up.

They've got their QB.

Huh? They have Vick for a year and a bunch of shit. Dennis Dixon and Trent Edwards are not guys that cause cuts or prevent making moves at the QB position. Foles is not getting flat out cut unless they get Geno and nobody will swing a 5 or 6 for him.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:19 PM
I think what's going to keep him from getting his guy is Vick. Vick is clearly his guy.

You don't trade up to #1 overall and bench the QB you drafted.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-02-2013, 06:23 PM
If Chip has an SNR sized boner for Geno, you can bet Vick's ass is on the bench next year and they make a move up to snag him.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:25 PM
If Chip has an SNR sized boner for Geno, you can bet Vick's ass is on the bench next year and they make a move up to snag him.

He signed a three year restructured deal.

At worst, it's a one-year deal for TEN MILLION DOLLARS.

Yeah, sounds like he'll be riding the bench.

Meanwhile, Chip Kelly acquired the QB he coached at Oregon.

Foles is gone, and I'm betting he just gets cut.

O.city
03-02-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure I woudl't rather have Tyler Bray anyway, so I'm trying like hell to trade out of that spot with whoever wants it.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm not sure I woudl't rather have Tyler Bray anyway, so I'm trying like hell to trade out of that spot with whoever wants it.

Yeah, we talked about that in another thread.

The Chiefs simply must offer somebody a bargain for the #1 overall, because the Chiefs don't want it, the talent doesn't really fall off anywhere in the Top 10 picks, and anybody the Chiefs want at 1 is probably going to available in some way at 4 or 7 or 8.

The Chiefs need to find somebody high on Geno, and offer them the #1 pick for the other team's 2nd rounder this year and next year.

That'll give us back everything we lost in Alex Smith, and essentially mean we traded a Smith for a Smith.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Foles is not getting cut because of Dennis f'n Dixon. That would be dumb. Sounds more like wishfull thinking.

O.city
03-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah, we talked about that in another thread.

The Chiefs simply must offer somebody a bargain for the #1 overall, because the Chiefs don't want it, the talent doesn't really fall off anywhere in the Top 10 picks, and anybody the Chiefs want at 1 is probably going to available in some way at 4 or 7 or 8.

The Chiefs need to find somebody high on Geno, and offer them the #1 pick for the other team's 2nd rounder this year and next year.

That'll give us back everything we lost in Alex Smith, and essentially mean we traded a Smith for a Smith.

I'd try like hell to sell it to Arizona or Buffalo, for this years second, next years first and another pick.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Foles is not getting cut because of Dennis f'n Dixon. That would be dumb. Sounds more like wishfull thinking.

Look at the connections.

Dixon knows the offense better than Foles, is more the style Kelly prefers, and was coached by Kelly himself.

You think they brought Dixon in as a 3rd stringer?

Foles is as good as gone. And right now the interest is higher on the QB market for Cassel than it is for Foles.

People don't think Foles is a starter, so they're not going to flip picks for him.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:34 PM
I'd try like hell to sell it to Arizona or Buffalo, for this years second, next years first and another pick.

That sound you just heard is a dial tone.

They're not forfeiting a future 1st for Geno Smith. They will however return your calls if you're offering a ****ing fantastic deal that will hardly ping them.

Getting those picks back, however, would be huge for this team.

Especially if they can get Foles for free.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Please don't tease me. I'd rather trade for foles rather than him getting cut and going to another team before he meets with us.

O.city
03-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Also, we don't even know what the comp is yet. We're hearing it's likely different than what is being reported so well just have to wait and see on that.

I would like to atleast get a 2 back this year.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Please don't tease me. I'd rather trade for foles rather than him getting cut and going to another team before he meets with us.

If Foles gets cut, we're his first stop.

If he gets cut, he knows he's a backup. And he's going to want Andy Reid.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Also, we don't even know what the comp is yet. We're hearing it's likely different than what is being reported so well just have to wait and see on that.

I would like to atleast get a 2 back this year.

You can't get a 2. The best you can get is a 3.

We're going to get a 3 for Carr. We may get a 7th for Barry Richardson.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Why would they cut Foles after the CHiefs requested(rumor) the possibility of trade? Then gave the farm and all breathing air rights to the 9ers for Smith.

crazycoffey
03-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Someone should have long ago started "***** Official talk about what QB the chiefs should draft or trade for****" thread

Pasta Little Brioni
03-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Why would they cut Foles after the CHiefs requested(rumor) the possibility of trade? Then gave the farm and all breathing air rights to the 9ers for Smith.

They won't unless MAYBE they get Geno. Folks pining for dealing a 3rd for a guy that ended up getting outright cut because of Dennis Dixon LMAO

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-02-2013, 06:57 PM
They won't unless MAYBE they get Geno. Folks pining for dealing a 3rd for a guy that ended up getting outright cut because of Dennis Dixon LMAO

Reid would have allowed even deeper penetration for the known quanity of Foles.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Reid would have allowed even deeper penetration for the known quanity of Foles.

Que gif of him guarding his sammich at the combine

Direckshun

Apparently, there was an intense market of 3+ teams for Smith.

As for Foles, we were pretty much the market.

Direckshun
Someone should have long ago started "***** Official talk about what QB the chiefs should draft or trade for****" thread

Here you go. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/)

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Que gif of him guarding his sammich at the combine

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2234093/yumyumandy.gif

NJChiefsFan
03-02-2013, 07:05 PM
He absolutely is.

Vick is your starter. Dixon is your backup.

They've wanted to trade Foles from the day Chip Kelly arrived.

That means that Trent Edwards and Nick Foles are not long for Philly.

Only Philly can't execute a trade because no team thinks Foles is a starter, and you don't trade picks for a backup.

Foles will hit the market. He'll either get waiver'd by KC, or he'll follow Andy Reid since he knows Reid loves him and will give him his best shot.

I just don't see them cutting Foles. If they don't get any play for him I don't see why they would be afraid of having Vick/Dixon/Foles. What is the benefit of cutting Foles versus keeping him as a 2nd or 3rd QB?

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 07:07 PM
I just don't see them cutting Foles. If they don't get any play for him I don't see why they would be afraid of having Vick/Dixon/Foles. What is the benefit of cutting Foles versus keeping him as a 2nd or 3rd QB?

The roster spot, mainly. Chip Kelly wants his guys.

Foles is not a third stringer. Teams just don't operate that way. They aren't going to put a guy who started for a half dozen games and didn't shit his pants on the third string.

NJChiefsFan
03-02-2013, 07:08 PM
The roster spot, mainly. Chip Kelly wants his guys.

Foles is not a third stringer. Teams just don't operate that way. They aren't going to put a guy who started for a half dozen games and didn't shit his pants on the third string.

We will see. If Chip doesn't go for another QB in the draft, I really don't think its crazy to think he keeps Foles.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-02-2013, 07:35 PM
So, they keep Trent Edwards(street trash) and cut Foles (a guy they wanted a 2nd for)....got it LMAO

KurtCobain
03-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Foles backing up Smith? Love it. Qb problem solved imo.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Foles backing up Smith? Love it. Qb problem solved imo.

I am going to smash your face on a car windshield.

KurtCobain
03-02-2013, 07:44 PM
I am going to smash your face on a car windshield.

You're my boy, D. When Alex Smith wins his first playoff game in KC either this year or next, I'm taking you to dinner on the house wherever you want to go regardless of price. now you have more incentive to root for Alex Smith.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 07:45 PM
You're my boy, D. When Alex Smith wins his first playoff game in KC either this year or next, I'm taking you to dinner on the house wherever you want to go regardless of price. now you have more incentive to root for Alex Smith.

I bet you just say that to all the girls.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Alex Smith turns out to be the father of orphaned baby Belcher. The players refuse to play with him. He is traded for Foles and crates of turf stained used batteries.

KurtCobain
03-02-2013, 07:49 PM
I like the Smith trade. But I want a young guy behind him. Foles would be great. some of these guys that are riding the "draft our own qb or Die" program are starting to sound pretty stupid and repetitive. besides there's only 1 guy in the draft that I like this year, Bray.

since I've been watching the draft happenings more closely, there's only been a few QB's that I really wanted the Chiefs to target. Besides top guys like luck and rgIII, of course.

Jimmy Clausen
Colin Kaepernick
Dan LaFevour
Nick Foles
Tyler Bray

KurtCobain
03-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Alex Smith turns out to be the father of orphaned baby Belcher. The players refuse to play with him. He is traded for Foles and crates of turf stained used batteries.

speaking of unusual trades I was wondering earlier if we could get a ham sandwich and 1 of those old style window air conditioners with a broken dial out of Cassel.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-02-2013, 07:53 PM
speaking of unusual trades I was wondering earlier if we could get a ham sandwich and 1 of those old style window air conditioners with a broken dial out of Cassel.

He will become a FA Viking and Jared will get him hooked on near beer. Divorce and hooker cruises sure to follow.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-02-2013, 08:33 PM
So WHEN would Philly cut Foles if they were to do so...? They would hang onto him untill the draft at least to see if anyone steps up with any trade offers...right?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-02-2013, 08:38 PM
For those like me unfamiliar with the 5th QB to be signed by the Eagles....

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/03/02/chip-kelly-to-have-5-quarterbacks-philadelphia-eagles-bring-in-g-j-kinne/

The overwhelming majority of headline news that has surrounded the Philadelphia Eagles ever since the conclusion of their horrid 2012 campaign has been regarding the quarterback position.

At first, we were all waiting anxiously for QB Michael Vick to be cut loose, until the Eagles decided to keep him in Philly by restructuring his contract into a one-year deal worth up to $10 million.

Then just when we thought that the Eagles were set at the QB spot, the Birds decided to bring former University of Oregon stud Dennis Dixon aboard. Dixon was a Heisman-hopeful during his senior season at Oregon while current Eagles head coach Chip Kelly lead the Ducks’ spread system as offensive coordinator.

Well, believe it or not, the Eagles have reportedly agreed to terms with former University of Tulsa QB G.J. Kinne, who will be the fifth quarterback on the Eagles’ roster.

In case you have been living under a rock and need a quick Eagles’ QB recap, the Birds are currently housing Vick, Dixon, Nick Foles, Trent Edwards, and Kinne.

Kinne was picked up by the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent following the 2012 NFL Draft, but was cut loose before the season began. Afterwards, Kinne signed on with the Omaha Nighthawks of the United Football League, and was most recently a member of the Arena Football League’s San Antonio Talons.

The order of the Eagles’ quarterback depth chart has yet to be officially determined, but I expect Vick to be the starter with Dixon as his primary backup, and Kinne the third-stringer. Foles will more than likely be traded at some point during the 2013 off-season, and Edwards will almost certainly be released.

If Vick is able to produce and stay healthy, he will lead the Eagles for the entire 2013 season. But if Vick is ultimately sidelined for any reason, the Eagles’ next lead signal-caller will be a huge question mark.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/03/02/chip-kelly-to-have-5-quarterbacks-philadelphia-eagles-bring-in-g-j-kinne/?LhcTjEgwrv2uqMb6.99

Mr_Tomahawk
03-07-2013, 03:11 PM
QB #6....?

-------------------------------------------------

Mike Garafolo‏@MikeGarafolo

Arizona QB Matt Scott----> RT @Ascent_Sports: eagles are bringing him out for a visit Monday + Bill Lazor is working him out in Cali on 28th

Mr_Tomahawk
03-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Well, looks like the Eagles are interesting in drafting a QB...too.

Why can't we have like 7 QBs on our roster to pick from?

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2013/03/eagles_to_meet_with_arizona_qb.html

Eagles to meet with Arizona QB Matt Scott, according to report

Nick Foles might not be the long term answer at quarterback for the Eagles, but maybe another Arizona product is.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Humor me, bitches!

Sassy Squatch
03-08-2013, 06:54 AM
Two condoms walk by a gay bar. One says to the other "Hey, lets go in there and get shit-faced."

Mr_Tomahawk
03-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Haaaaaaaa that was pretty good.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Brian Westbrook thinks Dennis Dixon will be backup over Nick Foles
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/3/9/4081954/bgn-exclusive-interview-with-former-eagle-brian-westbrook

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2013, 03:22 PM
We already acquired our yearly dose of other team's leftovers....Sorry

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-09-2013, 03:34 PM
The deal is not done, until it's done. Then like Brady Quinn? We are done :cuss:

PA Chiefs
03-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Whats better then 1 teams back up......2

Mr_Tomahawk
03-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Trade bait...

Arrowhead Pride‏@ArrowheadPride

Dang, even the owner RT @BleedingGreen Eagles full braintrust in Morgantown to workout Geno Smit hhttp://sbn.to/ZBikzr

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 11:59 AM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/03/12/the-chiefs-injury-contingency/

"Whatever mistakes Andy Reid made two years ago when constructing the lame-named Dream Team we’re all hoping he’s learned his lessons. One mistake he didn’t make was leaving the QB cupboard bare. Nick Foles may not have stepped in and made a bold take over but, it was obvious to most who watched him that he has a future and consequently there’s been talk of his possibly coming to K.C..

One trade scenario I’ve heard is the Chiefs trading the first overall pick to Philly for the 4th pick + Nick Foles. I’d do that deal without hesitation. The Chiefs would likely be able to get whoever they wanted at number one plus be able to immediately gain a QB who Reid already has a dialog with. Here’s a post I wrote on Nick Foles 14 months ago.

There are so many possible options for improving the Chiefs QB position but, bringing Nick Foles to K.C. seems like a no brainer if all the Chiefs have to do is wait three picks to make their first pick because they will likely still be able get their man."

The Franchise
03-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Nick Foles is not worth the drop from 1 to 4. It better come with another pick on top of it.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Nick Foles is not worth the drop from 1 to 4. It better come with another pick on top of it.

I agree.

1st+4th+Foles.

I am reading more and more that Eagles are high on Geno and are affraid the Raiders are going to take him....

The Franchise
03-12-2013, 12:06 PM
They want Geno at #1? If Reid is deadset on getting Foles....then I want their 1st, 2nd, Foles and a pick next year....say a 3rd or 4th.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 12:08 PM
They want Geno at #1? If Reid is deadset on getting Foles....then I want their 1st, 2nd, Foles and a pick next year....say a 3rd or 4th.

Not necessarily at #1...they are nervous the raiders will take him at #3, so theoretically they could trade up to #2 assuming we pass on him...

BossChief
03-12-2013, 12:09 PM
We better not move down with a team that wants a QB for less than full price.

Going from 1 to 4 is a 1200 point difference, basically the 12th overall pick worth of point value.

They would need to give us 4, Foles and next years first to make that deal.

Minimum.

Otherwise, we better just take Geno and go into the season with a "let the best man win" mentality.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 12:12 PM

Going from 1 to 4 is a 1200 point difference, basically the 12th overall pick worth of point value.

Minimum.

Otherwise, we better just take Geno and go into the season with a "let the best man win" mentality.

Is this with the new rookie-wage scale, or does that not matter?

Frosty
03-12-2013, 12:14 PM

I think it's more relevant with the new CBA. Before that, people didn't want to trade up to the top 5 because of the ridiculous contracts.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 12:16 PM

Almost every deal from the 2012 draft used the chart as a guideline...the only ones that didn't had multiple teams interested that caused the cost to rise...like the RG3 trade.

Frankie
03-12-2013, 12:42 PM

Minimum.

Come on man, what is full price based on?!

We will NOT get the draft chart dictated compensation. It's just not that kind of a draft. There's simply no elite player at the top of the draft. Almost anything in extra picks (or Foles) we get from the Eagles is a bonus. And we still get one of several players that I'm sure the Chiefs hold virtually equal in value. We don't know how hard the Eagles' chubby is for Geno, but if it is even semi hard it's a win win trade for both parties.

And we are NOT taking Geno at the top unless the AS trade was bogus or Geno is drafted to be traded.

DTLB58
03-12-2013, 12:52 PM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/03/12/the-chiefs-injury-contingency/

"Whatever mistakes Andy Reid made two years ago when constructing the lame-named Dream Team we’re all hoping he’s learned his lessons. One mistake he didn’t make was leaving the QB cupboard bare. Nick Foles may not have stepped in and made a bold take over but, it was obvious to most who watched him that he has a future and consequently there’s been talk of his possibly coming to K.C..

One trade scenario I’ve heard is the Chiefs trading the first overall pick to Philly for the 4th pick + Nick Foles. I’d do that deal without hesitation. The Chiefs would likely be able to get whoever they wanted at number one plus be able to immediately gain a QB who Reid already has a dialog with. Here’s a post I wrote on Nick Foles 14 months ago.

There are so many possible options for improving the Chiefs QB position but, bringing Nick Foles to K.C. seems like a no brainer if all the Chiefs have to do is wait three picks to make their first pick because they will likely still be able get their man."

Well, When Reid/Dorsey were hired I thought we would have 3 new QB's.
Smith/Foles/Daniels is probably a better outlook than Cassel/Quinn/Stanzi. But probably not THE answer.

Frankie
03-12-2013, 12:58 PM
I agree.

1st+4th+Foles.

I am reading more and more that Eagles are high on Geno and are affraid the Raiders are going to take him....

This sounds reasonable to me. And their interest in Geno Smith makes sense too. One year of Vick while they groom Geno. And Foles seems to be a square peg in the round hole that's Kelly's system.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Come on man, what is full price based on?!

We will NOT get the draft chart dictated compensation. It's just not that kind of a draft. There's simply no elite player at the top of the draft. Almost anything in extra picks (or Foles) we get from the Eagles is a bonus. And we still get one of several players that I'm sure the Chiefs hold virtually equal in value. We don't know how hard the Eagles' chubby is for Geno, but if it is even semi hard it's a win win trade for both parties.

And we are NOT taking Geno at the top unless the AS trade was bogus or Geno is drafted to be traded.

Come the fuck on, Mensa.

Who gives a fuck what Kiper and McShay talk about?

If the Eagles (or another team) want Geno Smith, they are gonna have to pay for the pick.

The real question is if teams want a QB bad enough to ove for him, what do they see that Reid/Dorsey don't?

The Franchise
03-12-2013, 01:32 PM
This sounds reasonable to me. And their interest in Geno Smith makes sense too. One year of Vick while they groom Geno. And Foles seems to be a square peg in the round hole that's Kelly's system.

So it's ok for the Eagles to groom Geno for a year but it isn't ok for us?

Frankie
03-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Come the **** on, Mensa.

Who gives a **** what Kiper and McShay talk about?

If the Eagles (or another team) want Geno Smith, they are gonna have to pay for the pick.

The real question is if teams want a QB bad enough to ove for him, what do they see that Reid/Dorsey don't?:facepalm:

You respond with condescension, yet you haven't earned the right. You obviously don't know the first thing about making deals. It's not only based on supply and demand, but also the degree of the demand.

It's not in black or white. It's not like the Eagles either want Geno or they don't. They may very well want him enough, but not for an arm and a leg.

Frankie
03-12-2013, 01:51 PM
So it's ok for the Eagles to groom Geno for a year but it isn't ok for us?

Every FO thinks different. I'm not in either FO.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-12-2013, 01:57 PM
:facepalm:

You respond with condescension, yet you haven't earned the right. You obviously don't know the first thing about making deals. It's not only based on supply and demand, but also the degree of the demand.

It's not in black or white. It's not like the Eagles either want Geno or they don't. They may very well want him enough, but not for an arm and a leg.

:spock:

htismaqe
03-13-2013, 07:40 AM
Every FO thinks different. I'm not in either FO.

Yeah, other teams are in it to win it.

The Chiefs obviously aren't.

Frankie
03-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Yeah, other teams are in it to win it.

The Chiefs obviously aren't.

No. What I meant was FOs evaluates a draft prospect using different parameters. It's true among us. Why shouldn't it be the same among them. You, for example are certain beyond any shadow of doubt that Geno Smith is the next super elite, carry-the-franchise-on-his-shoulders QB. I don't see it. I bet most FOs don't see it that way either. But 'most' does not mean 'all.' And there lies our chance, albeit small, to pull off a trade down.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet
Asked if Foles couldve been Chiefs QB under a different situation,Reid: "I had my eyes on Alex when I took the job." Only starter he pursued

Pasta Little Brioni
03-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Please make it stop

Mr_Tomahawk
03-19-2013, 08:38 AM
Never.

DTLB58
03-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet
Asked if Foles couldve been Chiefs QB under a different situation,Reid: "I had my eyes on Alex when I took the job." Only starter he pursued

This quote is a great reminder to us to be careful of what you hope for.
There were a lot of people here that were very happy to get Reid but wanted nothing to with Alex Smith but had no idea Reid wanted Smith.

Also, this is showing us Reid is making some personnel decisions not Dorsey.

RealSNR
03-19-2013, 09:30 AM
This quote is a great reminder to us to be careful of what you hope for.
There were a lot of people here that were very happy to get Reid but wanted nothing to with Alex Smith but had no idea Reid wanted Smith.

Also, this is showing us Reid is making some personnel decisions not Dorsey.

I don't know if I would go that far. Reid was hired first, so I'm sure he said to his dear friend John, "Come to Kansas City. We'll acquire Alex Smith and have a grand time."

Just as I'm sure that these 8-10 players he's evaluating at #1 are concurrently being scanned over by Dorsey as well, and anything he strongly opposes is going to get raped.

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2013, 08:54 PM
So did we fuck up here? Foles for a 3rd or Alice for 2 2nds?

Mav
10-13-2013, 09:04 PM
So did we **** up here? Foles for a 3rd or Alice for 2 2nds?

Im sure they wanted to do it. Chip Kelly really liked the guy. Knowing him from Arizona when he was at Oregon.

He also knew that Vick was fragile.

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Im sure they wanted to do it. Chip Kelly really liked the guy. Knowing him from Arizona when he was at Oregon.

He also knew that Vick was fragile.

I'm sure for 2 2nd's he could have been had.

Mav
10-13-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm sure for 2 2nd's he could have been had.

Probably. Im not sure why that trade wasn't made. I would take nick foles over Alex Smith. I wanted the Browns to go after Foles as well.

of course, at that time the Browns didn't have a coach and people wanted him there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Still down.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-03-2013, 05:29 PM
He sucks.

Canofbier
11-03-2013, 05:30 PM
He sucks.

Anyone else wonder if they signed Bray as Reid's "new Foles"?

BigCatDaddy
11-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Mother **** you Andy Reid!

RealSNR
11-03-2013, 05:45 PM
I was against a Foles trade.

So, yeah. That happened.

Tribal Warfare
11-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Anyone else wonder if they signed Bray as Reid's "new Favre"?

FYP

TribalElder
11-03-2013, 05:47 PM
8 TD performance is happening now

jspchief
11-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Yeah, I dropped Foles to start McCown today.

Molitoth
11-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I dropped Foles to start McCown today.

I dropped foles and started Russell Wilson.

BWillie
11-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Not that stupid of an idea. Dont think the Eagles are going to let Foles go though. Theres almost no way hes going to be worse than Alex Smith. How many QBs in the history of the NFL have thrown 7 TDs in a gm. If u can get him for a 3rd rounderyou do Iit no ?s asked.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Not that stupid of an idea. Dont think the Eagles are going to let Foles go though. Theres almost no way hes going to be worse than Alex Smith. How many QBs in the history of the NFL have thrown 7 TDs in a gm. If u can get him for a 3rd rounderyou do Iit no ?s asked.

You realize this thread was made during the offseason...right?

saphojunkie
11-03-2013, 06:13 PM
He's going nowhere.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-03-2013, 06:15 PM
He's going nowhere.

Really?

Mr_Tomahawk
11-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah...this was a stupid idea.

Bump
11-10-2013, 03:14 PM
16 TD's and 0 ints

yeah, we should have traded for Foles damnit! I guess hindsight is always 20/20. But you'd think that Reid would have known that he's that good or maybe he didn't get along with him or something? who knows.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-10-2013, 03:19 PM
HOLEEEE SHIT.

Balla'

Marcellus
11-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Holy shit that is hilarious. Fuck the Ravens.

Marcellus
11-10-2013, 03:21 PM
16 TD's and 0 ints

yeah, we should have traded for Foles damnit! I guess hindsight is always 20/20. But you'd think that Reid would have known that he's that good or maybe he didn't get along with him or something? who knows.

He couldn't beat out Vick to start the season.

Bump
11-10-2013, 03:22 PM

didnt they give Vick a huge contract?

O.city
11-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Foles is just a good fit in that system. Good for him.

That's gonna be bray next year

BigCatDaddy
11-10-2013, 03:27 PM

The Eagles made a bad choice. Sort of like our Gannon/Grbac.

BigCatDaddy
11-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Foles is just a good fit in that system. Good for him.

That's gonna be bray next year

I really hope so.

RealSNR
11-10-2013, 03:34 PM
The Eagles made a bad choice. Sort of like our Gannon/Grbac.

Or, circumstances and the players themselves change as seasons progress, especially when you're dealing with young players in their 1st or 2nd year in the league.

It happens all the time that coaches/GMs make the right call given what is known in a given offseason.

I mean, did the Chiefs make the "wrong" decision in not starting Marcus Cooper much earlier in the season?

BigCatDaddy
11-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Or, circumstances and the players themselves change as seasons progress, especially when you're dealing with young players in their 1st or 2nd year in the league.

It happens all the time that coaches/GMs make the right call given what is known in a given offseason.

I mean, did the Chiefs make the "wrong" decision in not starting Marcus Cooper much earlier in the season?

Good point. Maybe Kaep/Alice would be a better comparison. I think Vick's mobility was likely the deciding factor for Sherman at the time though.

Messier
11-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Smith would have to have a really bad stretch of games coming up here, or, a game costing playoff performance, like INTs all over the place, kind of performance, for him not to be the starter next year.

Bump
11-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Smith would have to have a really bad stretch of games coming up here, or, a game costing playoff performance, like INTs all over the place, kind of performance, for him not to be the starter next year.

ya, we're gonna have to put up with him for at least 2 more seasons unfortunately. With two, 2nd rounders invested in him, he would have to go full cassel to see the bench. By then, I pray that Bray is ready

The Franchise
11-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Dude.....Tomahawk started a thread about every QB. Go bump your Tyler Wilson one.

BigCatDaddy
11-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Bullshit. If Bray or anyone else gives them a better opportunity for the Superbowl Alice is out. I don't get the impression these guys are scared to cut bait.

Tribal Warfare
11-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Bullshit. If Bray or anyone else gives them a better opportunity for the Superbowl Alice is out. I don't get the impression these guys are scared to cut bait.

As I stated if Bray gets his shit together, he could possibly be the best QB out of the 2013 and 2014 QB class considering his situation being with Reid and Andy's history of making QBs with talent excel.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Dude.....Tomahawk started a thread about every QB. Go bump your Tyler Wilson one.

ROFL Yup. Probably even a Reesing one if we look hard enough.

mcaj22
11-11-2013, 07:51 AM
it was obvious the kid was going to be a good NFL QB, I am just pissed the Eagles and Chip Kelly get to reap the benefits.

it was Andy's pick, should be Andy's QB/credit.

Imon Yourside
11-11-2013, 07:53 AM
ROFL Yup. Probably even a Reesing one if we look hard enough.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Heh, if talentless,midget, insurance salesman QBs are your thing....Go for it!!

Messier
11-11-2013, 09:11 AM

Sure, I expect them to always look. Reid did that even with McNabb, but Smith isn't going to be shown the door just because he doesn't put up stats. Like I said, unless he starts costing them games they aren't changing a thing.

Mav
11-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Good point. Maybe Kaep/Alice would be a better comparison. I think Vick's mobility was likely the deciding factor for Sherman at the time though.

The fact that you give Kaep, the much bigger diva more respect than Alex Smith, who has zero diva in him, is an embarrassment.

Don't twist this observation as a sign that i don't respect you as a poster.

I do, but that's hilarious to me.

Do you see how bad Kap is?

Mav
11-11-2013, 09:32 AM
As I stated if Bray gets his shit together, he could possibly be the best QB out of the 2013 and 2014 QB class considering his situation being with Reid and Andy's history of making QBs with talent excel.

The support system that is going to help him excel is soooooo much deeper than that.

Ault, Childress, Nagy, Andy, Daniel, Alex Smith, Pederson.

That is a LOT of offensive minds that understand the qb position.

I get goose bumps thinking of the greatness that will be TYLER BRAY.

Mav
11-11-2013, 09:34 AM

He will start next season. No guarantee at all that he finishes it.

If Bray shows any competence, and Alex stumbles, or gets hurt....

Alex will be holding the clip board. There is only so long they can put a leash on the beast that is Bray.

Mav
11-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Oh, and for the record. Nick Foles, isn't a product of the system.

He is just a really good player. He is smart, big arm, accurate, and has great anticipation.

If you need proof, see the throw he made on the double move by Riley Cooper. The ball was in the air, before Cooper had finished his double move.

That's called accelerated qbing.

BigCatDaddy
11-11-2013, 09:41 AM
The fact that you give Kaep, the much bigger diva more respect than Alex Smith, who has zero diva in him, is an embarrassment.

Don't twist this observation as a sign that i don't respect you as a poster.

I do, but that's hilarious to me.

Do you see how bad Kap is?

I'm not getting involved in that 9er drama, nor do I care about being a "diva".

BigCatDaddy
11-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Oh, and for the record. Nick Foles, isn't a product of the system.

He is just a really good player. He is smart, big arm, accurate, and has great anticipation.

If you need proof, see the throw he made on the double move by Riley Cooper. The ball was in the air, before Cooper had finished his double move.

That's called accelerated qbing.

Yep. He showed signs last year of potentially being a good QB down the road. Many credited Reid with making him servicable and discarded his value.

Mav
11-11-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm not getting involved in that 9er drama, nor do I care about being a "diva".

Well, you were the one who put Kap/alex into a post. I just went off of that at the irony that your blatant disrespect for Alex still carries forth, but you have enough respect to call Kap, (KAP, not Kaep) by his name.

Just an observation.

Oh, i am quite enjoying the implosion that is going on in 49er land.

hehehehe.

I am also enjoying much more the success in Chiefs land.

Because this story ends with the qbotf in Bray having a loaded Chiefs team ready and primed for him to take over.

Glorious time in Chiefs land.

Mav
11-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Yep. He showed signs last year of potentially being a good QB down the road. Many credited Reid with making him servicable and discarded his value.

If he keeps this up, Tannenhill can become more consistent, Russell Wilson, Luck, RG3, Foles, might go down as one of the greatest draft classes EVER.

BigCatDaddy
11-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Well, you were the one who put Kap/alex into a post. I just went off of that at the irony that your blatant disrespect for Alex still carries forth, but you have enough respect to call Kap, (KAP, not Kaep) by his name.

Just an observation.

Oh, i am quite enjoying the implosion that is going on in 49er land.

hehehehe.

I am also enjoying much more the success in Chiefs land.

Because this story ends with the qbotf in Bray having a loaded Chiefs team ready and primed for him to take over.

Glorious time in Chiefs land.

Well he did lead a team to the SB and I was just throwing out guys I felt were good value taken outside the first the last 2 years. Like I said you want first pick of the litter, but at the end of the 1st guys can be found. Foles is looking like another if you would like me to omit the QB in San Fran that should remain nameless. I honestly couldn't care less about what is going on in San Franciso and most here probably feel the same way. This is the how we fucked up by now trading for Foles thread.

Mav
11-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Well he did lead a team to the SB and I was just throwing out guys I felt were good value taken outside the first the last 2 years. Like I said. You want first pick of the litter, but at the end of the 1st guys can be found. Foles is looking like another if you would like me to omit the QB in San Fran that should remain nameless. I honestly couldn't care less about what is going on in San Franciso and most here probably feel the same way.

Touche.

Well lets play this game with the qbs.

My order of none first round qbs who are gems.

Mike Glennon,
Geno Smith,
Russell Wilson,
Nick Foles.

That's in the past 3 years.

Those are some studly mfers.

Someone is going to find one like that this year because guys like Bryn Renner,, who is being asked to run a system he is not qualified for, Aaron Murray, who is drew brees, Jordan Lynch from NIU, and that kid from Eastern Washington, or Eastern Illinois. Those kids are all guys who wont be first rounders that will far out play their draft positions.

BigCatDaddy
11-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Touche.

Well lets play this game with the qbs.

My order of none first round qbs who are gems.

Mike Glennon,
Geno Smith,
Russell Wilson,
Nick Foles.

That's in the past 3 years.

Those are some studly mfers.

Someone is going to find one like that this year because guys like Bryn Renner,, who is being asked to run a system he is not qualified for, Aaron Murray, who is drew brees, Jordan Lynch from NIU, and that kid from Eastern Washington, or Eastern Illinois. Those kids are all guys who wont be first rounders that will far out play their draft positions.

I agree brother. That's why I was pointing out the "All the good QB's will be gone excuse" is bullshit.

Mav
11-11-2013, 12:24 PM
I agree brother. That's why I was pointing out the "All the good QB's will be gone excuse" is bullshit.

Agree Completely. Still could see the Chiefs grabbing one with their first, or trading down into the second picking up an extra 3rd, and taking one.