PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFT take on Albert and his twitter account

Pages : [1] 2

FRCDFED
03-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Branden Albert bids farewell to Twitter

Posted by Mike Florio on March 7, 2013, 8:58 AM EST

It came with much less fanfare than Arian Foster’s recent exit from the 140-character social media platform. But in the end the result was the same.

Chiefs left tackle Branden Albert has abandoned Twitter.

The pulling of the plug came in the hours after Albert expressed defiance regarding the possibility of moving to right tackle, following the unexpected release of starter Eric Winston.

Starting with “nope” regarding the possibility of moving to “you damn right” regarding his reluctance to be anything other than a left tackle, Albert drew a clear, deep line in the sand.

Thus, as of this posting, and as several of you have pointed out, Albert’s page is completely gone.

Chances are that Albert’s agent contacted the player with something along the lines of “what in the hell are you doing?” before explaining that Albert was setting the stage for either looking weak by later going along with whatever the coaching staff tells him to do or engaging in conduct detrimental to the team by refusing to follow orders.

There’s also a chance that, if Albert doesn’t sign his one-year franchise tender, the Chiefs will eventually rescind it. Coach Andy Reid did that twice in Philly, with defensive tackle Corey Simon in 2005 and linebacker Jeremiah Trotter three years before that. If the tag is removed at any time after the draft, Albert will have a hard time getting paid a lot of money to play any position on the football field in 2013.

So, basically, the social-media monster known meekly as Twitter has claimed another victim.

Like the rest of us, Albert knew the risks. And yet all too many of us eventually give in to the impulses that result in 140 or fewer characters we’ll never be able to fully live down

Sofa King
03-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Good job Chiefsplanet, you dicks.

mr. tegu
03-07-2013, 01:56 PM
LMAO

The Franchise
03-07-2013, 01:57 PM
This is what happens when you get bombarded by fans asking the same stupid fucking question over and over again.

Frosty
03-07-2013, 01:58 PM
On the things I give a fuck about, Albert pulling his Twitter account is near the bottom.

alpha_omega
03-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Twitter=bad

-King-
03-07-2013, 02:03 PM
This is what happens when you get bombarded by fans asking the same stupid fucking question over and over again.

This.

mr. tegu
03-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Could you imagine if ChiefsandOsfan had to quit twitter due to work?

Easy 6
03-07-2013, 02:07 PM
This is a good thing imo, sometimes, having an easily accessible platform for your every thought isnt a good thing.

Ace Gunner
03-07-2013, 02:14 PM
the dude is coming apart over this shit

kcxiv
03-07-2013, 03:50 PM
He loses millions if he becomes a rt I don't blame him for saying he's not moving to rt or guard. From 9 million to 4-5. While its a lot of money either way u gotta go with the 9. Plus he's a really good LT.

RealSNR
03-07-2013, 03:58 PM

How do Bowe's testicles taste in you mouth, you fucking bitch?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-07-2013, 04:00 PM
The Bromance is over...
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
03-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Can't believe they are actually going to take Jokell

Nightfyre
03-07-2013, 06:34 PM
If the Chiefs take Joeckel, it is effectively using the first overall pick to improve the RT position. There is no way.

ChiefRocka
03-07-2013, 06:37 PM
NFL Network's Rappaport just said the Chiefs view Albert as a LT and dont plan on switching him. He went on to say Reid values RT as high as LT and wouldnt shy away from drafting Joeckel and starting him at RT.

Passepartout
03-07-2013, 06:43 PM
No wonder I never will go on Twitter! As really prefer FB. Oh well try FB Albert! It is a lot better!

Spott
03-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Good for him. Twitter is lame and nothing good ever comes out of professional athletes using it.

Iowanian
03-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Albert has been a very good Chief.

Leave him the F alone.

crossbow
03-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Twitter seems like a marvelous venue to get athletes into really big trouble. If I were a famous person I would avoid it like an aids contamination.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-07-2013, 07:27 PM
NFL Network's Rappaport just said the Chiefs view Albert as a LT and dont plan on switching him. He went on to say Reid values RT as high as LT and wouldnt shy away from drafting Joeckel and starting him at RT.

Could any intelligent person justify such a move?
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
03-07-2013, 07:29 PM
No wonder I never will go on Twitter! As really prefer FB. Oh well try FB Albert! It is a lot better!

Fb is for assholes.

Kyle DeLexus
03-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Twitter seems like a marvelous venue to get athletes into really big trouble. If I were a famous person I would avoid it like an aids contamination.

If I was famous I'd do like Charlie Sheen and get paid a million bucks to tweet stupid ads occasionally.

Wallcrawler
03-07-2013, 07:37 PM
The problem with this kind of thing is that people fail to realize that when you say something on Twitter, or Facebook, its just like saying it in the same room as whoever reads it.

You have to own your words.

Nightfyre
03-07-2013, 08:36 PM

Leave him the F alone.

Iowanian - where has the keyboard of doom been in this, our hour of need? Drop the hammer on some of these noob-clowns.

Edit: Nevermind, clearly I needed to peruse other threads. Continue to drop the hammer!

58-4ever
03-07-2013, 08:41 PM

He really is. He's coming off like a whiny little bitch. It's a disgrace. He seems like he has the softest mind in the world. If his back isn't broken, his poor little feelings are.

58-4ever
03-07-2013, 08:43 PM

Leave him the F alone.

Good solid player, but what a punk bitch.

TRR
03-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Lost a lot of respect for Branden Albert with that tweet. Saw it last night. The only reason BA wants to stay at left tackle is because of the almighty $$$$. You have a player off of a 2-14 team demanding he play a certain position??

The bottom line? While Albert is not the overall issue, he is a part of it. The Chiefs are 25-55 with Branden Albert at left tackle.

Sorter
03-07-2013, 08:47 PM

wut

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-07-2013, 08:49 PM

Yeah, I'd LOVE to see your little punk ass call him that to his face. I, however, would without hesitation call Alex Fuck-O a little bitch RIGHT to his goddamned face.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nightfyre
03-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Lost a lot of respect for Branden Albert with that tweet. Saw it last night. The only reason BA wants to stay at left tackle is because of the almighty $$$$. You have a player off of a 2-14 team demanding he play a certain position??

The bottom line? While Albert is not the overall issue, he is apart of it. The Chiefs are 25-55 with Branden Albert at left tackle.
Posted via Mobile Device

Seriously? It's about respect. LT is the big man on the totem pole on the o-line who gets to take on the best pass-rushers. You don't just shunt someone over after they have performed well over the last several years.

Hootie
03-07-2013, 08:51 PM

The bottom line? While Albert is not the overall issue, he is a part of it. The Chiefs are 25-55 with Branden Albert at left tackle.

your mad at a working professional for trying to make as much money as possible?

TRR
03-07-2013, 08:54 PM
your mad at a working professional for trying to make as much money as possible?

Be a team player. Play for the name on the front of your jersey. If the team that made a huge investment in him to begin with needs him to play a different position, be open to it. Don't go on twitter and whine about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-07-2013, 08:54 PM

I'm sure he cares deeply.
Posted via Mobile Device

TRR
03-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Seriously? It's about respect. LT is the big man on the totem pole on the o-line who gets to take on the best pass-rushers. You don't just shunt someone over after they have performed well over the last several years.

Respect? LOL what a joke. Nobody respects a loser. That's what Albert has been since he has entered the league. 25-55 since he graced us with his presence at left tackle.

I think Albert is a decent left tackle. But put it into prospective here. He's not the second coming of Willie Roaf.
Posted via Mobile Device

TRR
03-07-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm sure he cares deeply.
Posted via Mobile Device

He should. Fans pay his salary ultimately. If he doesn't, that's all I need to know about the player/professional he is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nightfyre
03-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Respect? LOL what a joke. Nobody respects a loser. That's what Albert has been since he has entered the league. 25-55 since he graced us with his presence at left tackle.

I think Albert is a decent left tackle. But put it into prospective here. He's not the second coming of Willie Roaf.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cuz Willie Roaf would have picked this team up and carried it to the Super Bowl? Ridiculous. Let's throw out the baby with the bath water.

Sorter
03-07-2013, 09:05 PM
He should. Fans pay his salary ultimately. If he doesn't, that's all I need to know about the player/professional he is.
Posted via Mobile Device

TV Contracts think this post is an uninformed post.

-King-
03-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Be a team player. Play for the name on the front of your jersey. If the team that made a huge investment in him to begin with needs him to play a different position, be open to it. Don't go on twitter and whine about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

How dare he not like taking a demotion! HOW DARE HE!

I'm pretty sure that you would be open to being demoted even if you were one of the best at your job. Right?

-King-
03-07-2013, 09:24 PM

So you don't respect Jamaal Charles either huh?

Frosty
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
People get upset about the weirdest shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Sweet Jesus TRR is dumb.
Posted via Mobile Device

MahiMike
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Twitter costs dudes more trouble than it's worth. Can't believe anyone would have a twitter account.

58-4ever
03-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I'd LOVE to see your little punk ass call him that to his face. I, however, would without hesitation call Alex ****-O a little bitch RIGHT to his goddamned face.
Posted via Mobile Device

What the fuck are you talking about? He's a whiny pussy. Do you follow him? He has a weak mind. That doesn't mean I want to fight him. Thanks for pointing out the obvious tough guy, Branden Albert would beat me up. Guilty. I'd take Branden in a fight against anyone on this board. That doesn't mean he doesn't act like a bitch. Silly Willie.

Brock
03-07-2013, 10:03 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

I guess that makes all chiefs players losers. You stupid bitch.

Bugeater
03-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Sweet Jesus TRR is dumb.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey, get off his case, he got his picture taken with Priest Holmes 10 years ago!

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-07-2013, 10:15 PM
well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse ME! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
03-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Ww need to find a left tackle with a better winning percentage!

Jesus, dumbest fucking fans in the league.

milkman
03-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Ww need to find a left tackle with a better winning percentage!

Jesus, dumbest ****ing fans in the league.

Joe Thomas.

Oh, wait.
That won't work.

mcaj22
03-07-2013, 10:27 PM
wow at the idiots in here using winning percentage to try and trash albert

my goodness lol

Brock
03-07-2013, 10:28 PM
wow at the idiot in here using winning percentage to try and trash albert

my goodness lol

Fyp

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-07-2013, 10:29 PM
"he should be more professional". Sweet god almighty shut the fuck up and/or die...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter
Joe Thomas.

Oh, wait.
That won't work.

This.

Iowanian
Let me try on this size too small jacket.

"KEEEP FIIIIIIIIIING DOUBTING BRAAAAAAAAANDON ALBEEEEEEEEEEEERT!!!!!!!!!!"

Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
03-07-2013, 10:34 PM
What the fuck are you talking about? He's a whiny pussy. Do you follow him? He has a weak mind

How was he whining?

Iowanian
03-07-2013, 10:37 PM
I wish he'd fire that account back up and let me run if for the rest of the offseason.....

CoMoChief
03-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Can't believe they are actually going to take Jokell

I don't understand why/how people find that hard to believe to be quite honest.

This is really the only place that pimps Geno Smith at #1 like it's a sure no brainer #1 overall selection.

58-4ever
03-07-2013, 10:53 PM
How was he whining?

Did you read the tweets or are you being sarcastic?

-King-
03-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Did you read the tweets or are you being sarcastic?

Not all of them. Answer the question, how was he whining?

Brock
03-07-2013, 10:55 PM
I don't understand why/how people find that hard to believe to be quite honest.

This is really the only place that pimps Geno Smith at #1 like it's a sure no brainer #1 overall selection.

Says the guy who wanted manti at #1

CoMoChief
03-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Says the guy who wanted manti at #1

and i changed my mind. I may change it again. The best move and what's always been the best move is to trade down. Why? Because there's not a QB worth taking at #1. I don't want them to take Joeckel if they are able to trade down to lower half of top10 and draft Sheldon Richardson Yes another DL, but he's going to be a beast in the league. Barkley Wilson or Bray in the 2nd. I'd rather sign Albert to a long deal and sign Phil Loadholdt in FA or something.

One things for sure though....Geno Smith isn't worth a #1 overall selection.

Alex Smith will be the starter of this team whether people agree w/ it or not and Geno Smith won't be on this team and people should STFU about it.

58-4ever
03-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Not all of them. Answer the question, how was he whining?

Like a weak minded individual, he started engaging the trolls and he chose to dive head first into the debate, and started bitching about never moving to guard or tackle.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-07-2013, 11:14 PM
He should never engage ninety-five percent of Chiefs Fans; they're dumb.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
03-08-2013, 07:52 AM

Chiefs fans are by far the dumbest in the NFL.

patteeu
03-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Cuz Willie Roaf would have picked this team up and carried it to the Super Bowl? Ridiculous. Let's throw out the baby with the bath water.

Because Willie Roaf was twice the LT that Branden Albert is. Because people who are desperate to avoid drafting an OT with 1.1 are rationalizing by convincing themselves that Branden Albert has been a top LT when the reality is that he's just been above average to good.

patteeu
03-08-2013, 08:13 AM
TV Contracts think this post is an uninformed post.

TV Contracts must not know that they are driven by fans too.

patteeu
03-08-2013, 08:16 AM
wow at the idiots in here using winning percentage to try and trash albert

my goodness lol

The point is that a team with the Chief's winning percentage needs to improve in a lot of different ways. If moving Branden Albert to RT will improve the team, so be it. This isn't a case of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". It's broke.

Bootlegged
03-08-2013, 08:17 AM
K.C. Chiefs eye extension for LT Branden Albert

By Kevin Patra NFL.com
Published: March 8, 2013 at 06:25 a.m.
Updated: March 8, 2013 at 07:50 a.m.

When the Kansas City Chiefs cut right tackle Eric Winston on Wednesday, almost everyone assumed it signaled a plan to draft a left tackle with the No. 1 overall selection in April's NFL Draft -- even Branden Albert.

Albert, the incumbent left tackle, tweeted Wednesday he had zero interested in playing anywhere else on the line (he has since deactivated his Twitter account). It turns out he might have jumped the gun with his assumption.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the Chiefs are continuing to work out a long-term deal with the franchise-tagged Albert on the assumption he will be their left tackle of the future. The Chiefs are still interested in drafting a tackle to fill the right side of the line.

Andy Reid values right and left tackle similarly, so the line of thinking follows that the Chiefs could draft either Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher -- the two highest-rated offensive tackles, according to NFl Network draft expert Mike Mayock -- and slide either of them in at right tackle. With the rookie wage scale, the Chiefs could be replacing Winston with a younger, less-expensive player.

Scouts will get another look at Joeckel at Texas A&M's pro day today, and the Chiefs might be deciphering whether he can play both sides of the offensive line.

Follow Kevin Patra on Twitter @kpatra.

Brock
03-08-2013, 08:51 AM
The point is that a team with the Chief's winning percentage needs to improve in a lot of different ways. If moving Branden Albert to RT will improve the team, so be it. This isn't a case of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". It's broke.

The offensive line ain't broke. The quarterback position is, but we're apparently okay with fixing that with duct tape again.

patteeu
03-08-2013, 09:17 AM
The offensive line ain't broke. The quarterback position is, but we're apparently okay with fixing that with duct tape again.

You shouldn't look at it as separate pieces. The offense as a whole was broke last season. That doesn't mean every piece needs to be replaced, but it does call for a systemic reevaluation.

For example, you don't necessarily want the same offensive line for a power running attack offense as you would for a run and shoot offense. Even if it worked for the former, you might want to change it if you're going to implement the latter. All the parts should be built to support the scheme.

Ceej
03-08-2013, 09:22 AM
I am going to assume TRR was heavily medicated while posting in this thread.

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2013, 09:32 AM
K.C. Chiefs eye extension for LT Branden Albert

By Kevin Patra NFL.com
Published: March 8, 2013 at 06:25 a.m.
Updated: March 8, 2013 at 07:50 a.m.

When the Kansas City Chiefs cut right tackle Eric Winston on Wednesday, almost everyone assumed it signaled a plan to draft a left tackle with the No. 1 overall selection in April's NFL Draft -- even Branden Albert.

Albert, the incumbent left tackle, tweeted Wednesday he had zero interested in playing anywhere else on the line (he has since deactivated his Twitter account). It turns out he might have jumped the gun with his assumption.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the Chiefs are continuing to work out a long-term deal with the franchise-tagged Albert on the assumption he will be their left tackle of the future. The Chiefs are still interested in drafting a tackle to fill the right side of the line.

Andy Reid values right and left tackle similarly, so the line of thinking follows that the Chiefs could draft either Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher -- the two highest-rated offensive tackles, according to NFl Network draft expert Mike Mayock -- and slide either of them in at right tackle. With the rookie wage scale, the Chiefs could be replacing Winston with a younger, less-expensive player.

Scouts will get another look at Joeckel at Texas A&M's pro day today, and the Chiefs might be deciphering whether he can play both sides of the offensive line.

Follow Kevin Patra on Twitter @kpatra.

:)

-King-
03-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Like a weak minded individual, he started engaging the trolls and he chose to dive head first into the debate, and started bitching about never moving to guard or tackle.

What was he tweeting that came off as whining?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
03-08-2013, 09:34 AM

Yes. Moving a player that's top 10 at the most important position on the line to the third most important position is really going to improve the team.
Posted via Mobile Device

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
Little surprising but the #Chiefs don't have a strong contingent at A&M this morning. Possible they'll have a private workout with Joeckel
Retweeted by Arrowhead Pride

htismaqe
03-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Yes. Moving a player that's top 10 at the most important position on the line to the third most important position is really going to improve the team.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's pretty obvious he doesn't have a fucking clue what he's talking about.

htismaqe
03-08-2013, 09:40 AM
The offense as a whole was broke last season.

No it wasn't. The offense "as a whole" hasn't been broken for 4 fucking years.

It's amazing how STUPID this fanbase is when it comes to quarterbacks.

Brock
03-08-2013, 09:44 AM

Got a horrible QB? Draft a left tackle! As we all know, defense wins championships and games are won in the trenches!!!!!

htismaqe
03-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Got a horrible QB? Draft a left tackle! As we all know, defense wins championships and games are won in the trenches!!!!!

Look at all those championships the Chiefs won in the 90's!

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2013, 09:46 AM

And Arrowhead keeps feeding the beast. So stupid. So very, very goddamned stupid. On the bright side; no strong presence at A&M. Woot!
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
03-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Top 10 sounds good until you realize there are only 32 teams in the league.

PFF rated Branden Albert as the 14th best LT overall last season, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt and call him 10th.

But regardless of that, if you replace a Top 10 guy on the left with a Top 5 guy and then replace a lesser player on the right side with that Top 10 LT, you've certainly improved the team. Whether you've missed out on a way to make an even bigger improvement by doing something else is the question to ask.

htismaqe
03-08-2013, 10:09 AM

PFF rated Branden Albert as the 14th best LT overall last season, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt and call him 10th.

But regardless of that, if you replace a Top 10 guy on the left with a Top 5 guy and then replace a lesser player on the right side with that Top 10 LT, you've certainly improved the team. Whether you've missed out on a way to make an even bigger improvement by doing something else is the question to ask.

Who is that top 5 guy you're replacing him with?

patteeu
03-08-2013, 10:10 AM
No it wasn't. The offense "as a whole" hasn't been broken for 4 ****ing years.

Did the offense succeed last year or not? I don't want to hear excuses. It's a yes or no question.

patteeu
03-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Who is that top 5 guy you're replacing him with?

It's a hypothetical. It helps illustrate how moving a successful LT to the right side can improve your team under the right circumstances.

htismaqe
03-08-2013, 10:12 AM
It's a hypothetical. It helps illustrate how moving a successful LT to the right side can improve your team under the right circumstances.

ROFL

htismaqe
03-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Did the offense succeed last year or not? I don't want to hear excuses. It's a yes or no question.

This isn't DC, dipshit.

Brock
03-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Good grief. Case in point as to why the fans in this town will never get it.

patteeu
03-08-2013, 10:15 AM
This isn't DC, dipshit.

This appears to be a place where you can't answer the question.

htismaqe
03-08-2013, 10:17 AM
This appears to be a place where you can't answer the question.

ROFL

You can't even correctly FRAME the question.

Of course you want to make it a yes/no answer. By limiting the scope of the conversation, you limit other's ability to make you look like the complete fucking moron you are.

EVERYBODY, outside of your dumb sheep ass, can see what was wrong with the Chiefs the last 4 years.

EVERYBODY.

Get your head out of your ass. I'm not interested in stupid semantic arguments with you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Reading Patt's football takes are like chewing on a piece of foil-covered skim-cheese.
Posted via Mobile Device

buddha
03-08-2013, 10:20 AM
This is a team sport and if the Chiefs can improve the OL by moving Albert...move f'ing Albert. Some of you are as spineless as Albert. Albert has been a fine LT, but he hasn't been great IMO. If you disagree...fine. I've seen other LTs who were significantly better. If Albert doesn't want to play where he's asked to play, trade him. The inmates don't run the asylum.

htismaqe
03-08-2013, 10:24 AM
This is a team sport and if the Chiefs can improve the OL by moving Albert...move f'ing Albert. Some of you are as spineless as Albert. Albert has been a fine LT, but he hasn't been great IMO. If you disagree...fine. I've seen other LTs who were significantly better. If Albert doesn't want to play where he's asked to play, trade him. The inmates don't run the asylum.

OK, so who is available that is significantly better?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2013, 10:31 AM
OK, so who is available that is significantly better?

JOKER HERP-DERP!
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
03-08-2013, 10:37 AM
ROFL

You can't even correctly FRAME the question.

Of course you want to make it a yes/no answer. By limiting the scope of the conversation, you limit other's ability to make you look like the complete ****ing moron you are.

EVERYBODY, outside of your dumb sheep ass, can see what was wrong with the Chiefs the last 4 years.

EVERYBODY.

Get your head out of your ass. I'm not interested in stupid semantic arguments with you.

That's strange. You seemed interested in a stupid semantic argument in post 77.

Brock
03-08-2013, 10:38 AM

I'll bet you can't name 8 LTs better than Albert. You're one of the idiots who will defend every moronic move this team makes.

Rausch
03-08-2013, 10:40 AM

No.

Never.

If you are successful at LT you don't draft another LT.

If you are successful at LT you don't get asked to move to RT.

HemiEd
03-08-2013, 10:43 AM

Patteau, you are embarrassing yourself, quit while you are behind.

BossChief
03-08-2013, 10:43 AM

That would be the worst usage of a first overall pick in the history of not only the NFL, but quite possibly all of pro sports.

HemiEd
03-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Oh, and Brandon is back on FB after an extended absence.

patteeu
03-08-2013, 10:50 AM
I'll bet you can't name 8 LTs better than Albert. You're one of the idiots who will defend every moronic move this team makes.

Here are the guys PFF rated higher than Branden Albert last year. Two of them were guys who played LT over Albert at UVA.

Joe Staley
Duane Brown
Michael Roos
Ryan Clady
Joe Thomas
D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Andrew Whitworth
William Beatty
Jared Veldheer
Russell Okung
Eugene Monroe
Nate Solder
Trent Williams

patteeu
03-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Patteau, you are embarrassing yourself, quit while you are behind.

Thanks for your concern.

Rausch
03-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Here are the guys PFF rated higher than Branden Albert last year. Two of them were guys who played LT over Albert at UVA.

Joe Staley
Duane Brown
Michael Roos
Ryan Clady
Joe Thomas
D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Andrew Whitworth
William Beatty
Jared Veldheer
Russell Okung
Eugene Monroe
Nate Solder
Trent Williams

So do we take out all the guys who missed time or just the amount of time Albert missed?

The Franchise
03-08-2013, 10:53 AM
We need to leave Albert where he's at and go sign Gosder Cherilus to play RT.

patteeu
03-08-2013, 10:57 AM
So do we take out all the guys who missed time or just the amount of time Albert missed?

I'm not sure I understand your question, but Albert missed more time than any of those guys last year. I'm not sure he deserves extra credit for being unavailable, but to avoid that argument I gave Albert credit for a 16 game season anyway and adjusted his rating accordingly. If I had ignored the injuries, Jordan Gross, Matt Kalil, and Donald Penn would have rated higher than him too.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2013, 10:59 AM

This. FART FTW!
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
03-08-2013, 11:00 AM

Bingo. I don't care if they overpay both he and Albert. That would be a damn good set of bookends for the next 5 years.

It's too bad that Alex Cassel will make them look bad.

Chiefnj2
03-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Reid is bringing in his guy much like Vermeil brought in Green (and the plan worked) and Pioli brought in Cassel (plan didn't work). Part of the reason Green worked was because Vermeil quickly built a great OL. A part of the reason Cassel didn't work was because the OL wasn't anything special, or bad in certain circumstances. (Yes, Cassel was the largest problem, revolving OC's, lack of WR, etc., but RT and getting stuffed up the middle was also a contributing factor.)

It makes sense to me that Reid want's to build up the OL as quickly as possible. Even if that means using the 1.1 and having him play RT for a year or moving Albert around.

BossChief
03-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Trent Green worked out because he had an extensive history in the offense Vermiel was installing and he had personal experiences coaching Trent and knew he would fit what he wanted to do on offense.

Andy hasn't ever had Alex Smith on his team and Alex will be learning another new offense.

patteeu
03-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Trent Green worked out because he had an extensive history in the offense Vermiel was installing and he had personal experiences coaching Trent and knew he would fit what he wanted to do on offense.

Andy hasn't ever had Alex Smith on his team and Alex will be learning another new offense.

And because the Chiefs moved a middle of the road LT to the right side and replaced him with a top tier LT. Trent Green was horrible in year 1.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Reid is bringing in his guy much like Vermeil brought in Green (and the plan worked) and Pioli brought in Cassel (plan didn't work). Part of the reason Green worked was because Vermeil quickly built a great OL. A part of the reason Cassel didn't work was because the OL wasn't anything special, or bad in certain circumstances. (Yes, Cassel was the largest problem, revolving OC's, lack of WR, etc., but RT and getting stuffed up the middle was also a contributing factor.)

It makes sense to me that Reid want's to build up the OL as quickly as possible. Even if that means using the 1.1 and having him play RT for a year or moving Albert around.

Dear RAID,

You make many fine pest products. I would like to contract the services of your fine lab technicians for a special project.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
03-08-2013, 11:08 AM

I'm not sure what you are arguing. Are you saying the OL didn't help Green and the offense? Are you saying that Smith wouldn't benefit from having a very good OL as he makes a transition into another offense?

Rausch
03-08-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure I understand your question, but Albert missed more time than any of those guys last year. I'm not sure he deserves extra credit for being unavailable, but to avoid that argument I gave Albert credit for a 16 game season anyway and adjusted his rating accordingly. If I had ignored the injuries, Jordan Gross, Matt Kalil, and Donald Penn would have rated higher than him too.

The tougher competition came late. Give the guy 4 sacks and I'd bet he's still top 10...

Rausch
03-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Dear RAID,

You make many fine pest products. I would like to contract the services of your fine lab technicians for a special project.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Rausch
03-08-2013, 11:11 AM
We need to leave Albert where he's at...

This...

Rasputin
03-08-2013, 11:14 AM
If all the talk about Joekel is true then I think Dorsey and Andy Reid want him to be RTotf and leave Brandon Albert at LT. They can address long term with him during the season. If they can't work anything out long term with Brandon by end of season then they have their LTotf and can focus on another RT via FA or draft.

I think it's dumb to draft a RT with 1.1 but we are the Chiefs.

Rain Man
03-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Has it been stated that Albert will be moved to right tackle, or are people making assumptions? There have been a few examples recently of high-ranked rookies starting out on the right and moving to the left later if I remember right. I see no reason why we wouldn't do that with Geno Smith when we draft him. Or whoever.

Or is the assumption that Donald Stephenson/Russell Wilson will play left?

patteeu
03-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Has it been stated that Albert will be moved to right tackle, or are people making assumptions? There have been a few examples recently of high-ranked rookies starting out on the right and moving to the left later if I remember right. I see no reason why we wouldn't do that with Geno Smith when we draft him. Or whoever.

Or is the assumption that Donald Stephenson/Russell Wilson will play left?

It hasn't been stated. In fact, the last I heard, the Chiefs were saying that they consider Branden Albert their long term LT.

Your scenario makes more sense if they can't work out a deal with Albert and they decide to draft OT at 1.1.

FRCDFED
03-08-2013, 11:21 AM

:clap: I would just like to add one comment. It doesn't matter what we think about how Albert has played LT. It is up to AR/JD. If "they" think it will upgrade the line by moving Albert then he gets moved. Period.

Brock
03-08-2013, 11:23 AM
:clap: I would just like to add one comment. It doesn't matter what we think about how Albert has played LT. It is up to AR/JD. If "they" think it will upgrade the line by moving Albert then he gets moved. Period.

Thanks for the amazing insight. Are you seriously putting forth the idea that Reid isn't taking his cues from an internet message board? That's unbelievable!

FRCDFED
03-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the amazing insight. Are you seriously putting forth the idea that Reid isn't taking his cues from an internet message board? That's unbelievable!

WTF are you talking about. I'm saying that all this discussion is just that....discussion. We have entrusted AR to field the best team that he can. If that means moving a whiny ass LT to RT then so be it. He will play where he's told to play or get traded.

I suspect if he get's moved then some on here will raise hell until the offense starts to show significant improvement. Irregardless, the players don't dictate where they are going to play.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Hey Adolph; stfu
Posted via Mobile Device

FRCDFED
03-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Nice addition to the conversation.

Sassy Squatch
03-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Haha. Nice delivery.

Brock
03-08-2013, 11:42 AM
WTF are you talking about. I'm saying that all this discussion is just that....discussion. We have entrusted AR to field the best team that he can.

Again, thanks for the valuable information. It's earth-shattering news, truly.

Nightfyre
03-08-2013, 01:45 PM
I don't have PFF, but I would be willing to bet that Albert was the 14th LT because he saw limited snaps compared to others due to his injury. Also, he is a better pass-blocker than run-blocker which will help in Andy Reid's offense. Also, Matt Cassel sucks BALLSACK. Matt Cassel routinely takes 45 sacks a year and Albert gave up what, one sack and one pressure this year?

patteeu
03-08-2013, 02:06 PM
I don't have PFF, but I would be willing to bet that Albert was the 14th LT because he saw limited snaps compared to others due to his injury. Also, he is a better pass-blocker than run-blocker which will help in Andy Reid's offense. Also, Matt Cassel sucks BALLSACK. Matt Cassel routinely takes 45 sacks a year and Albert gave up what, one sack and one pressure this year?

You'd lose that bet. PFF's raw season-long ranking has him as the 17th best overall LT. If you adjust the overall score to a per game basis, Albert moves up to 14th.

I agree with the pass blocking point. FWIW, PFF has him as the 5th best pass blocking LT (9th best if you don't use the per game adjustment).

KCWolfman
03-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Twitter=bad

This.

Has anything good ever come of a sports figure using the forum?

Someone will eventually conduct a study showing how much average money a player loses by using Facebook and Twitter over the course of his career.

Fish
03-08-2013, 02:39 PM
I still can't believe how many idiots think this team needs another LT.

Chiefnj2
03-08-2013, 02:43 PM
I still can't believe how many idiots think this team needs another LT.

They need a LT with a long term deal.

-King-
04-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Albert on Instagram

http://i.imgur.com/9E8Ahvx.jpg

Hammock Parties
04-12-2013, 07:25 PM

He's a top 10 pass blocker at his position.

You don't replace those guys with 1.1 in the prime of their careers.

Period.

-King-
04-12-2013, 07:26 PM
He's at Arrowhead? :hmmm:

http://i.imgur.com/f6EJFY7.jpg

-King-
04-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Wtf Jason? LMAO

SAUTO
04-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Wtf Jason? LMAO

On my phone I can't see the pictures. If I quote the post I can then click on it and see it. I can do it if someone else quotes it too.

I just didn't delete my posts like I usually do lol
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
04-12-2013, 07:32 PM
On my phone I can't see the pictures. If I quote the post I can then click on it and see it. I can do it if someone else quits it too.

I just didn't delete my posts like I usually do lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh yeah. I do that too.

BossChief
04-12-2013, 07:38 PM
I usually click on the post # and it opens a new window and shows the pic.

Wouldn't it be sweet if they got a deal done! There have been a few LTs re-signed this offseason...his "fair market value" shouldn't be that hard to figure out at this point.

hometeam
04-12-2013, 07:50 PM
He's at Arrowhead? :hmmm:

http://i.imgur.com/f6EJFY7.jpg

Prob at the royals game.

Mike in SW-MO
04-12-2013, 08:12 PM

Wouldn't it be sweet if they got a deal done! There have been a few LTs re-signed this offseason...his "fair market value" shouldn't be that hard to figure out at this point.

I wondered about salary cap when I saw the post about the LB being signed. I was under the impression Chiefs were pretty tapped out pre-draft at this point.

Figured it meant Albert was going bye-bye or they had a long term deal to lower his cap number.

Hopefully the Chiefs and Albert have come together.

SAUTO
04-12-2013, 08:18 PM

Wouldn't it be sweet if they got a deal done! There have been a few LTs re-signed this offseason...his "fair market value" shouldn't be that hard to figure out at this point. weird my phone doesn't show post numbers either
Posted via Mobile Device

jimw51
04-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Show up and an play football

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Sign that deal!
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
04-12-2013, 09:00 PM
I wondered about salary cap when I saw the post about the LB being signed. I was under the impression Chiefs were pretty tapped out pre-draft at this point.

Figured it meant Albert was going bye-bye or they had a long term deal to lower his cap number.

Hopefully the Chiefs and Albert have come together.

The salary cap room is based on the highest 51 contracts we have...camp fodder signings don't effect that number.

Nice thought, though.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-15-2013, 07:05 AM
Per PFT

Chiefs willing to trade Branden Albert for a high second-round pick

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 15, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT

AP
A month ago, the word out of Kansas City was that if the Chiefs were going to trade left tackle Branden Albert, they’d want more than just a second-round draft pick. But the Chiefs may be softening their stance on that.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated is hearing that the Chiefs would take a high second-round pick for Albert. So far, however, Kansas City has found no takers.

The Chiefs gave up their own high second-round pick to acquire quarterback Alex Smith, and they’d like to get a second-round pick back. The question, however, is whether any team would be willing to give up a second-round pick for Albert. This year Albert is guaranteed a base salary of $9.828 million, and he is looking for significant money on a long-term contract. So any team that acquires Albert for a second-round pick would have to spend a lot more money on (and devote a lot more cap space to) Albert than the second-round pick would cost.

The Chiefs are widely expected to draft a left tackle, either Luke Joeckel of Texas A&M or Eric Fisher of Central Michigan, with the first overall pick in next week’s draft.

O.city
04-15-2013, 07:13 AM
He's good as gone.

Oh well, save some money and perhaps get a better player

tredadda
04-15-2013, 07:14 AM
Per PFT

AP
A month ago, the word out of Kansas City was that if the Chiefs were going to trade left tackle Branden Albert, they’d want more than just a second-round draft pick. But the Chiefs may be softening their stance on that.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated is hearing that the Chiefs would take a high second-round pick for Albert. So far, however, Kansas City has found no takers.

The Chiefs gave up their own high second-round pick to acquire quarterback Alex Smith, and they’d like to get a second-round pick back. The question, however, is whether any team would be willing to give up a second-round pick for Albert. This year Albert is guaranteed a base salary of $9.828 million, and he is looking for significant money on a long-term contract. So any team that acquires Albert for a second-round pick would have to spend a lot more money on (and devote a lot more cap space to) Albert than the second-round pick would cost.

The Chiefs are widely expected to draft a left tackle, either Luke Joeckel of Texas A&M or Eric Fisher of Central Michigan, with the first overall pick in next week’s draft.

:facepalm:

They are determined to replace him with someone who is not any better than him if it means recouping the pick they blew on Alex Smith.

O.city
04-15-2013, 07:15 AM
Why are we so sure fisher or joeckel won't be better? Maybe yet don't like Albert at lt in a pass happy offense.

Dante84
04-15-2013, 07:26 AM
Per PFT

AP

So that is PFT quoting Peter King, and Peter King's article that this is taken from isn't really concrete. "I'm hearing..."

He's a Pioli fanboy, too, so I trust nothing he says.

Deberg_1990
04-15-2013, 07:27 AM
It appears its more about getting a LT for cheaper. It doesnt appear the Chiefs or anyone else wants to pay Albert 9 mil per.

O.city
04-15-2013, 07:29 AM
King might be a dipshit, but he has really solid sources in the nfl

BigRock
04-15-2013, 07:30 AM
It doesnt appear the Chiefs or anyone else wants to pay Albert 9 mil per.

Perhaps this is the point they're hoping to get across to him.

Messier
04-15-2013, 07:58 AM

They are determined to replace him with someone who is not any better than him if it means recouping the pick they blew on Alex Smith.

Wasted? I'll bet Alex Smith has more impact, in a good way, than whoever gets taken at that spot. And definitely any QB available there.

Messier
04-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Besides, it doesn't sound like there will be any takers for Albert.

WV
04-15-2013, 08:05 AM

Exactly...They were so eager to create a market and over pay for Alex Smith, but now they certainly seem to be having some sort of buyers remorse or lack of confidence in their paying price.

Messier
04-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Exactly...They were so eager to create a market and over pay for Alex Smith, but now they certainly seem to be having some sort of buyers remorse or lack of confidence in their paying price.

I think it's more to do with what they think Albert is worth. The fact they gave up a second for Smith, and are asking for a second for Albert have nothing to do with each other. I think they'd ask for a second for Albert even if they got Smith for a fourth.

TRR
04-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Why are we so sure fisher or joeckel won't be better? Maybe yet don't like Albert at lt in a pass happy offense.

Completely agree with this. Truth? We don't know. Albert is a serviceable if not good Left Tackle. He isn't upper echelon in my opinion. We know what Albert is and isn't. Sometimes that is more comfortable. However, it doesn't make it right.

FWIW, the last thing I want is a Left Tackle at #1. However, we can't pretend to know what these draftees will become.
Posted via Mobile Device

MotherfuckerJones
04-15-2013, 08:21 AM
SI's Peter King "hears" the Chiefs are willing to accept a "high second-round pick" for disgruntled LT Branden Albert.
The Chiefs had been seeking both a second-rounder and a late-round selection, but no one's bitten. Albert is a prime candidate to be traded before or during the draft, but a deal may not end up going down until the festivities in New York are over, and teams have a clearer idea of their needs. Albert hasn't been directly connected to any one team since going on the block.

Deberg_1990
04-15-2013, 08:22 AM
Completely agree with this. Truth? We don't know. Albert is a serviceable if not good Left Tackle. He isn't upper echelon in my opinion. We know what Albert is and isn't. Sometimes that is more comfortable. However, it doesn't make it right.

FWIW, the last thing I want is a Left Tackle at #1. However, we can't pretend to know what these draftees will become.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its not about whos better or worse. Its about how much money the Chiefs are willing to commit to the LT position.

RealSNR
04-15-2013, 08:26 AM

Why are we so sure Fisher or Joeckel won't be worse?

There's a VERY good possibility that they will never play to the ability of Branden Albert. Albert's very good.

Ace Gunner
04-15-2013, 08:32 AM

vaginal discharge reported

TRR
04-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Why are we so sure Fisher or Joeckel won't be worse?

There's a VERY good possibility that they will never play to the ability of Branden Albert. Albert's very good.

...And the same possibility exists that Joeckel or Fisher become All-Pro.

Look I'm not saying they will. I'm just not as quick to dismiss the fact that it's absolutely possible.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
04-15-2013, 08:33 AM
It appears its more about getting a LT for cheaper. It doesnt appear the Chiefs or anyone else wants to pay Albert 9 mil per.

Has Albert been given permission to negotiate with other teams? Nobody is giving up a 2nd round pick and 9 mil for a 1 year contract.

MahiMike
04-15-2013, 08:36 AM
I think Albert will get traded during the draft. Some OL-needy team that missed out on the big 3 will pull the trigger.

Chiefnj2
04-15-2013, 08:40 AM
I think Albert will get traded during the draft. Some OL-needy team that missed out on the big 3 will pull the trigger.

How? Wouldn't he have to renegotiate a long term deal first? You think a team would risk giving up a draft pick and signing him when there is only his franchise tender in place?

philfree
04-15-2013, 08:42 AM
I put Albert with all the other players that have been on this team over the last 5-6 years. He's a decent LT but he's not great and he's been part of the
perennial losing. He's done nothing to make himself un-expendable and as far as I know maybe there's something about him that doesn't elevate anyone around him. Maybe he's just a donkey.

Dante84
04-15-2013, 08:44 AM
How? Wouldn't he have to renegotiate a long term deal first? You think a team would risk giving up a draft pick and signing him when there is only his franchise tender in place?

There will be agreed upon hypotheticals going in to the draft.

"Hey, KC, if this happens, here's what we are prepared to offer. Expect a call if we miss out on our guys."

aturnis
04-15-2013, 08:45 AM

Numbers t to mention the trade/sign would have to happen between pick one and the early 2nd round. The Chiefs obviously want someone in the early 2nd round area, otherwise they wouldn't be so concerned about it.

Also, we never actually wanted to give up the 2nd for A. Smith. We offered one of our thirds, and Buffalo offered a 2nd so we had to pay up...

Ace Gunner
04-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Here is Branden Albert's AV career ratings;

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=pfr&url=%2Fplayers%2FA%2FAlbeBr20.htm&div=div_defense"></script>

Notice he has not improved much. That's because he has not improved. Only a homer would defend that.

Dante84
04-15-2013, 08:48 AM
I fully expect it to be the Dolphins.

Who are some other candidates?

It would need to be a team in the top half of the second round; who is LT needy and likely to miss out on the top 2-3 LT's.

-King-
04-15-2013, 08:49 AM

Because Albert does things like allow 5.5 sacks per year. 1 more than Joe Thomas.

So unless Joeckel or Fisher are going to be better than Thomas, they're not much of an upgrade if any from Albert.

Hell, they could turn out to be Jason Smith or Robert Gallery.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
04-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Because Albert does things like allow 5.5 sacks per year. 1 more than Joe Thomas.

So unless Joeckel or Fisher are going to be better than Thomas, they're not much of an upgrade if any from Albert.

Posted via Mobile Device

Best case we get a top 10 LT at 1.

We already have one...

Rausch
04-15-2013, 08:56 AM
I put Albert with all the other players that have been on this team over the last 5-6 years. He's a decent LT but he's not great and he's been part of the perennial losing.

Completely disagree.

He's that guy that hovers around pro bowl level and keeps missing out because of our QB/record and the clear dominant players in the conference.

He's not all pro level - he has played to a pro bowl level.

BigRock
04-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Has Albert been given permission to negotiate with other teams? Nobody is giving up a 2nd round pick and 9 mil for a 1 year contract.

Didn't they give him the non-exclusive tag? If so, he can talk to anyone.

buddha
04-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Bye Brandon

Ace Gunner
04-15-2013, 09:03 AM
you folks are hilarious today. Albert gives up so few sacks because the rest of this OL has been easy pickins. JFC do you not understand attacking strategies.

Miami NEEDS an LT and wont give a 2nd round pick for Albert.

When Albert first got on twitter bitching about not being moved to LG it was because this staff wants his pussy playing LG and they want a real LT.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 09:05 AM
you folks are hilarious today. Albert gives up so few sacks because the rest of this OL has been easy pickins. JFC do you not understand attacking strategies.

Miami NEEDS an LT and wont give a 2nd round pick for Albert.

When Albert first got on twitter bitching about not being moved to LG it was because this staff wants his pussy playing LG and they want a real LT.

I thought he didn't want to play RT...:hmmm:

-King-
04-15-2013, 09:05 AM
I put Albert with all the other players that have been on this team over the last 5-6 years. He's a decent LT but he's not great and he's been part of the
perennial losing.

Yeah, that's why we should also get rid of Flowers, Charles, DJ, and Hali. All have been part of the perennial losing.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
04-15-2013, 09:06 AM
you folks are hilarious today. Albert gives up so few sacks because the rest of this OL has been easy pickins.

:spock:

What?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner
04-15-2013, 09:11 AM
I thought he didn't want to play RT...:hmmm:

go back and look.

buddha
04-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Albert is an above average OT...that's it. He's not GREAT by any means.

Who are the teams that are beating the Chiefs door down to land him? Nobody.

The Chiefs have had some legitimately great offensive linemen in the past and nobody with half a brain would mention Brandon Albert in the same breath as those guys.

Yes, I'd like to retain him for the right price, but let's not pretend he's Munoz or Ogden...he's not.

Ace Gunner
04-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Albert is an above average OT...that's it. He's not GREAT by any means.

Who are the teams that are beating the Chiefs door down to land him? Nobody.

The Chiefs have had some legitimately great offensive linemen in the past and nobody with half a brain would mention Brandon Albert in the same breath as those guys.

Yes, I'd like to retain him for the right price, but let's not pretend he's Munoz or Ogden...he's not.

it's hilarious today

BigCatDaddy
04-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Some people are such dumbasses. You don't place franchise tags on players that aren't at least good players.

The problem with the Dolphins is they let Long walk to now they can't trade a 2nd and pay a higher salary to a comparable player to Long. They would look like 1st class morons.

Ace Gunner
04-15-2013, 09:21 AM
:spock:

What?
Posted via Mobile Device

40 fucking sacks given up last year and Albert gave up one. You need PEDs of the lawnmowerman variety.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 09:23 AM
go back and look.

At what?

I thought the huge problem was him making the move to RT...

B14ckmon
04-15-2013, 09:23 AM
40 ****ing sacks given up last year and Albert gave up one. You need PEDs of the lawnmowerman variety.

Why are you telling us? Tell Dorsey. He's the one about to trade him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-15-2013, 09:25 AM
So that is PFT quoting Peter King, and Peter King's article that this is taken from isn't really concrete. "I'm hearing..."

He's a Pioli fanboy, too, so I trust nothing he says.

Yep. This.
Posted via Mobile Device

buddha
04-15-2013, 09:25 AM
it's hilarious today

Why?

Ace Gunner
04-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Some people are such dumbasses. You don't place franchise tags on players that aren't at least good players.

The problem with the Dolphins is they let Long walk to now they can't trade a 2nd and pay a higher salary to a comparable player to Long. They would look like 1st class morons.

Branden Albert is perhaps the best LG on the fucking planet right now. Just because he throws a fucking tissy fit & his fans do too, doesn't mean shit to Dorsey/Reid. They protected their investment. Albert needs to shut his mouth and ball it wherever they line him up now.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Why are you telling us? Tell Dorsey. He's the one about to trade him.

No, he's not...

Ace Gunner
04-15-2013, 09:31 AM
At what?

I thought the huge problem was him making the move to RT...

go find the threads about albert's tweets & radio interviews. the discussion was about him being asked to move inside and Albert was furious.

B14ckmon
04-15-2013, 09:32 AM
No, he's not...

Yes, yes he is.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Yes, yes he is.

Bet...

B14ckmon
04-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Bet...

Leave for a year if he isn't traded by May 4th.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 09:34 AM
go find the threads about albert's tweets & radio interviews. the discussion was about him being asked to move inside and Albert was furious.

He's a legit top 10 LT.

Moving to G or RT would mean a huge drop in pay and likely an expected pay cut...

Rausch
04-15-2013, 09:35 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RJnOZ7YAlvg/ThTuC0O9XXI/AAAAAAAABLY/2HJOtm4Odvk/s1600/doc2.jpg

Bet...

Dante84
04-15-2013, 09:37 AM

All joking aside, I hope you die in a tire fire, and soon.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 09:38 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RJnOZ7YAlvg/ThTuC0O9XXI/AAAAAAAABLY/2HJOtm4Odvk/s1600/doc2.jpg

Bet...

My amendment is before the end of the the (3 day) draft.

And if I lose you get my avatar for a year.

I'm not going anywhere...

Rausch
04-15-2013, 09:39 AM
My avatar for a year if he's traded at any point before the NFL draft is over.

Your avatar if he isn't.

The Franchise
04-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Even if I bet Blackmon and lost.....I wouldn't leave. You can go fuck yourself douche.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Even if I bet Blackmon and lost.....I wouldn't leave. You can go **** yourself douche.

I'll let him have my image. That's fair.

I've left here before for personal reasons. I'd never choose to do it though...

B14ckmon
04-15-2013, 09:42 AM
My avatar for a year if he's traded at any point before the NFL draft is over.

Your avatar if he isn't.

Why would I give a shit about your avatar? And isn't the 4th like the start of rookie minicamp or something? That's why I chose it.

I want to force you off of this shithole forum so you can get your life together.

BigCatDaddy
04-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Branden Albert is perhaps the best LG on the ****ing planet right now. Just because he throws a ****ing tissy fit & his fans do too, doesn't mean shit to Dorsey/Reid. They protected their investment. Albert needs to shut his mouth and ball it wherever they line him up now.

No, he doesn't. If my company tells me that I'm moving to a new position where I will likely end up with a significant pay decrease in the long haul and doing a job that I like less then the current one. I'll gladly tell them to go fuck themselves and I'll take my services elsewhere.

Ace Gunner
04-15-2013, 09:43 AM
He's a legit top 10 LT.

Moving to G or RT would mean a huge drop in pay and likely an expected pay cut...

That dude is blowing his pro career because he's in over his head. After five years now, he is what he is. Y'all can make the shit up to make him look cheated in life, but he isn't good enough at LT to keep and no team has valued him as even a 2nd round LT so the Chiefs have not been able to move him.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Why would I give a shit about your avatar? And isn't the 4th like the start of rookie minicamp or something? That's why I chose it.

I want to force you off of this shithole forum so you can get your life together.

Why would you care about a bet that sends the defeated away?

What joy, conquest, or warm fuzzy place would you derive from not having the deposed showing up wearing your choice of disgrace?

If you go away there is no win. It's the suffering and having to log in with that reminder that's why you get all warm and fuzzy...

Rausch
04-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Y'all can make the shit up to make him look cheated in life, but he isn't good enough at LT to keep and no team has valued him as even a 2nd round LT so the Chiefs have not been able to move him.

Why would we want to move him?...

WV
04-15-2013, 09:49 AM
That dude is blowing his pro career because he's in over his head. After five years now, he is what he is. Y'all can make the shit up to make him look cheated in life, but he isn't good enough at LT to keep and no team has valued him as even a 2nd round LT so the Chiefs have not been able to move him.

You don't Tag a player betting on being able to trade him. It's simple...they perhaps "hope" to trade him, but saying he isn't worth keeping at LT is asinine.

Bowser
04-15-2013, 09:50 AM
I think all of this equals the Chiefs telling Albert to play on the tag for one year like Bowe did, and if his play is worth it, he's going to get paid NEXT year. That way they can answer without a doubt if it would be wise to invest big money in him becasue of his back issues.

Ace Gunner
04-15-2013, 09:52 AM
You don't Tag a player betting on being able to trade him. It's simple...they perhaps "hope" to trade him, but saying he isn't worth keeping at LT is asinine.

yet here we are -- watching a real pro team attempting to trade him

and can't even get a 2nd round for him

pop

The Franchise
04-15-2013, 09:52 AM

pop

Or they aren't "actively" shopping him.

Ace Gunner
04-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Why would we want to move him?...

Branden Albert is perhaps the best LG on the ****ing planet right now. Just because he throws a ****ing tissy fit & his fans do too, doesn't mean shit to Dorsey/Reid. They protected their investment. Albert needs to shut his mouth and ball it wherever they line him up now.

The Bad Guy

Posted via Mobile Device

I think taking things like sacks allowed and then equating them to being the end all, be all measuring stick for ranking tackles is very, very short sighted.

The Bad Guy

They most certainly are.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Albert will not be traded. And Cockmon is and idiot.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
40 fucking sacks given up last year and Albert gave up one. You need PEDs of the lawnmowerman variety.

5 of those sacks were allowed by Stephenson after Albert left.

And the Browns allowed 36 sacks even though Joe Thomas only alllowed 4. Guess he sucks too using your idiotic logic.

Btw, what was your name before this?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
04-15-2013, 09:54 AM
They most certainly are.

Well then jack shit is being released. I figured there would be at least some teams being talked about.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 09:55 AM
I think all of this equals the Chiefs telling Albert to play on the tag for one year like Bowe did, and if his play is worth it, he's going to get paid NEXT year. That way they can answer without a doubt if it would be wise to invest big money in him becasue of his back issues.

He's banking huge this year.

Stay healthy, play up to your ability, continue to be a team player and you're locked up.

Dorsey want's the ???'s that come with this to keep his trade down options open.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we trade down in the draft and see Albert signed long term shortly after...

Ace Gunner
04-15-2013, 09:55 AM

ya. because some poster on cp says so

meanwhile in the real world of pro football Albert has acted out a child and there are several reports the Chiefs are to trade Albert

WV
04-15-2013, 09:56 AM

pop

No one outside of the Chiefs FO truly knows what they are trying or not trying to do.

I suppose the chance that they could have been offered a later 2nd rounder and they turned it down is out of the realm of possibility too right? Perhaps their value on him is slightly more than you are giving them credit.

Anything is possible...after all we were stupid enough to give up the 34th overall plus a conditional pick for Average Smith.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 09:56 AM

We played the same game with Gonzo for 3 years. He wanted out as soon as he got his deal...

-King-
04-15-2013, 09:57 AM
I think taking things like sacks allowed and then equating them to being the end all, be all measuring stick for ranking tackles is very, very short sighted.

Ok, what should we use? Cause Albert passes both the eye test and the stats test.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
04-15-2013, 09:57 AM
ya. because some poster on cp says so

meanwhile in the real world of pro football Albert has acted out a child and there are several reports the Chiefs are to trade Albert

By "actively"....I mean calling other teams about him. They are obviously fielding offers.

If he's going to get traded....it will be after the top 3 tackles go off the board.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 09:58 AM
If he's going to get traded....it will be after the top 3 tackles go off the board.

That would make no sense...

The Franchise
04-15-2013, 09:59 AM
That would make no sense...

What? Trading him after the top 3 tackles go off the board? Why?

If we take a LT at 1.1.....then Albert is obviously on the trading block. There are other teams out there that don't have a LT and won't have a shot at either of the top 3. San Diego, Miami, New Orleans....etc.

B14ckmon
04-15-2013, 10:00 AM

...? Tagging a player is exactly what you do if you want to trade him. He would have been a FA otherwise. If they wanted to keep him they would have just resigned him.

Bowser
04-15-2013, 10:04 AM
...? Tagging a player is exactly what you do if you want to trade him. He would have been a FA otherwise. If they wanted to keep him they would have just resigned him.

How did trading Bowe last year work out for the Chiefs?

The Bad Guy
04-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Ok, what should we use? Cause Albert passes both the eye test and the stats test.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quarterback hurries, run blocking. If the RT you're playing on the opposite end of is a sieve, the LT's numbers are going to be skewed.

I'm not saying Albert doesn't pass an eye test, I'm saying that I can't use strictly sacks to evaluate them.

WV
04-15-2013, 10:07 AM

Or perhaps they couldn't work out a long term deal and this is a show me year/explore all your options deal? Follow along....you don't tag a player if you aren't prepared to have them play under said tag. Clearly they think enough of him to possibly pay him over 9 million this year.

Acting as though they tagged him totally hinging on trading him is asinine.

Sassy Squatch
04-15-2013, 10:10 AM
Or perhaps they couldn't work out a long term deal and this is a show me year/explore all your options deal? Follow along....you don't tag a player if you aren't prepared to have them play under said tag. Clearly they think enough of him to possibly pay him over 9 million this year.

Acting as though they tagged him totally hinging on trading him is asinine.
You do realize he's a troll?

BigCatDaddy
04-15-2013, 10:10 AM

But you would agree that you franchise guys that are good players, yes?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-15-2013, 10:12 AM
How pleasing it will be for Cockmon to dwell in obscurity, with objects in every orifice come draft day...
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
04-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Quarterback hurries, run blocking. If the RT you're playing on the opposite end of is a sieve, the LT's numbers are going to be skewed.

I'm not saying Albert doesn't pass an eye test, I'm saying that I can't use strictly sacks to evaluate them.

The effectiveness of the guy playing the adjacent guard spot probably factors in too.

WV
04-15-2013, 10:13 AM
You do realize he's a troll?

I know...I even took him off of ignore for that one post and I regret it. :sulk:

It won't happen again.

The Bad Guy
04-15-2013, 10:17 AM
The effectiveness of the guy playing the adjacent guard spot probably factors in too.

Very true.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 10:17 AM
What? Trading him after the top 3 tackles go off the board? Why?

If we take a LT at 1.1.....

That's only IF we do go LT at 1 and even then we're trading a very solid player for a prospect.

It's not an even trade off.

The only reason I see for taking LT at 1 is to attempt to create a position of overwhelming strength on both ends and to cover your azz just in case the deal can't be worked out with Albert.

We take a Joekel at 1 and play him at RT for a year he gets experience without having that huge target on his back, add a big talent at our biggest weak spot on the O line, and Albert can't be worked out we just slide him over to LT.

I don't like the move at all if it's a 1 for 1. I like the move if we add that talent and have options for the future...

B14ckmon
04-15-2013, 10:18 AM
How pleasing it will be for Cockmon to dwell in obscurity, with objects in every orifice come draft day...
Posted via Mobile Device

You realize I am going to absolutely destroy you on draft day right? It will go down in CP infamy.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 10:20 AM
You realize I am going to absolutely destroy you on draft day right? It will go down in CP infamy.

Do we have a bet or not?

Albert will not be traded before the NFL draft is over.

Yes or no...

Fritz88
04-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Here is Branden Albert's AV career ratings;

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=pfr&url=%2Fplayers%2FA%2FAlbeBr20.htm&div=div_defense"></script>

Notice he has not improved much. That's because he has not improved. Only a homer would defend that.

And only played one full season
Posted via Mobile Device

ndws
04-15-2013, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't even rule out the notion of the whole thing as a smoke screen for draft day leverage. Albert could very well already have a deal worked out, and it gets signed as soon as KC moves down a few clicks in the 1st round. Long shot, but no crazier than the stuff Atlanta pulled for the move away from Jeff George at #1 overall.

Bootlegged
04-15-2013, 10:29 AM
If they are successful trading Albert for a high #2..

1.) Joeckel/Fischer
2.) Robert Woods
3.) Tyler Wilson
3b.) Vince Williams
4.) Jordan Hill or some other DE/DT.

LT: Fischer
LG: Asomoah
C: Hudson/Lilja
RG: Schwartz
RT: Stephenson/Allen

QB: Smith
RB: Charles

TE: Fasano/Moeki

WR1: Bowe
WR2: Woods
WR3: Avery
WR4: McCluster

DE: Jackson
DT: Poe
DE: DeVito/Hill

OLB: Hali
ILB: Williams
ILB: DJ
OLB: Houston

CB: Smith/Arenas
FS: Berry
SS: Osama
CB: Flowers/Dunta

TRR
04-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
04-15-2013, 10:38 AM
I want Tyler Wilson on this team as much as I want Tyrann Mathieu on this team - not even in the slightest.

-King-
04-15-2013, 10:39 AM

I cant find the one for 2012 but according to PFF, he was top 10 in QB pressures last year.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/20/2011-pass-blocking-efficiency-offensive-tackles/
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
04-15-2013, 10:43 AM
I want Tyler Wilson on this team as much as I want Tyrann Mathieu on this team - not even in the slightest.

I wake up some nights in a cold sweat after hearing we've taken Bray in the 2nd round.

It's like selecting Rosie O'donnell to represent women's rights and then I have to listen to my wife scream and yell for 30+ years...

patteeu
04-15-2013, 10:48 AM
I cant find the one for 2012 but according to PFF, he was top 10 in QB pressures last year.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/20/2011-pass-blocking-efficiency-offensive-tackles/
Posted via Mobile Device

One problem with both number of sacks allowed and number of pressures is that neither of them take into account that Albert was only a part-timer last year. You need to look at those measures on a per pass blocking snap basis to compare to other players (Albert was still pretty good on those two measures last year).

But that's still a fairly narrow view into Albert's effectiveness.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 10:51 AM
One problem with both number of sacks allowed and number of pressures is that neither of them take into account that Albert was only a part-timer last year. You need to look at those measures on a per pass blocking snap basis to compare to other players (Albert was still pretty good on those two measures last year).

But that's still a fairly narrow view into Albert's effectiveness.

And that's not even taking into consideration that he protected the two worst starting QB's in the league (he did.)

Bowser
I wake up some nights in a cold sweat after hearing we've taken Bray in the 2nd round.

It's like selecting Rosie O'donnell to represent women's rights and then I have to listen to my wife scream and yell for 30+ years...

Your mind is ill. Seek help, immediately. :D

The Franchise
And that's not even taking into consideration that he protected the two worst starting QB's in the league (he did.)

And with a rookie LG next to him.

BigCatDaddy
04-15-2013, 10:54 AM
People yearn for the days of Jordan Black and Damien McIntosh.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 10:57 AM

Who was fucking 'turrible.

Just Turrible...

http://lestermillman.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/GWB_portrait.117121401_std.jpg

B14ckmon
04-15-2013, 10:58 AM

Or the fact that the Chiefs were towards the BOTTOM in the league in passing attempts and towards the TOP in rushing attempts.

Your lack of passing offense is making you overrate Albert.

patteeu
04-15-2013, 11:07 AM

Both of those things are true, but excuses don't make a strong case that Albert is special as opposed to merely above average.