PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Somehow, I think Dorsey "gets it"

Fat Elvis
03-11-2013, 07:55 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chiefs-making-bold-moves-under-212252911--nfl.html

As a player for the Packers, and as a longtime scout, it's only natural he prefers to keep his thoughts focused exclusively on what can best help the Chiefs be successful.

That means finding the best players available and keeping those already on the team.

In short, exactly what he's done the past couple weeks.

''The only thing important in my eyes is acquiring the best talent I can for this organization, so we can stack up the most W's as possible,'' he said. ''That's the way I go about it, and the way I view things. My sole responsibility is to get players here. That's what I do.''

What? No gum wrapper patrols?

Prison Bitch
03-11-2013, 07:59 AM
"That means finding the best players available and keeping those already on the team."

Wow, that's some deep stuff right there. Glad I wasted 10 seconds of my life reading that gibberish.

KChiefs1
03-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Major upgrade over Pioli.

loochy
03-11-2013, 08:07 AM
"That means finding the best players available and keeping those already on the team."

Wow, that's some deep stuff right there. Glad I wasted 10 seconds of my life reading that gibberish.

It DOES mean something.

Our last GM didn't do that.

MotherfuckerJones
03-11-2013, 08:08 AM
I like how they've identified weaknesses and are attacking them, QB, DB, keeping our own skill players and getting guys restructured and making cap room

Chief Roundup
03-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Will you still feel that way when he does not draft Geno with the 1st pick.

jd1020
03-11-2013, 08:10 AM
I like how they've identified weaknesses and are attacking them, QB, DB, keeping our own skill players and getting guys restructured and making cap room

Lets not get carried away here. They have yet to address QB or DB.

Fritz88
03-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Major upgrade over Pioli.

When Pioli makes Carl looks good then anything is a major upgrade.
Posted via Mobile Device

jimw51
03-11-2013, 08:14 AM
He is a major upgrade it was about time

Chief Roundup
03-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Lets not get carried away here. They have yet to address QB or DB.

They have addressed the QB position and the DB position.

jd1020
03-11-2013, 08:21 AM
They have addressed the QB position and the DB position.

No, not really.

Replacing shit with shit is not addressing the problem.

ChiefMojo
03-11-2013, 08:25 AM
In your opinion they haven't... others beg to differ.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Pioli believed in keeping Cassel no matter what the circumstances, so I guess he had that going for him.

jd1020
03-11-2013, 08:26 AM
In your opinion they haven't... others beg to differ.

If by others you mean tailgaters then you are probably right.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2013, 08:27 AM
No, not really.

Replacing shit with shit is not addressing the problem.

You may not like the players they picked up but they have addressed needs. They may not be done, but they are addressing the problems.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2013, 08:30 AM
If by others you mean tailgaters then you are probably right.

Yeah you were one of those that wanted Sanchez and others that haven't been worth a shit.

Dayze
03-11-2013, 08:30 AM
I saw no part of the Right 53. He sucks.

jd1020
03-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Yeah you were one of those that wanted Sanchez and others that haven't been worth a shit.

When did I ever want Sanchez?

ChiefMojo
03-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Dorsey is doing one thing that is very Packer like so far... re-signing your own players.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2013, 08:41 AM
When did I ever want Sanchez?

Well evidently I have you mixed up with one of the posters that was sucking on Sanchez so hard. I see you were not a member then so I guess I am wrong about that.

Ace Gunner
03-11-2013, 08:50 AM

your whole life is wasted gibberish. kill yourself. for the team, of course.

aturnis
03-11-2013, 09:16 AM

I agree with this.

SNR
03-11-2013, 10:36 AM
You may not like the players they picked up but they have addressed needs. They may not be done, but they are addressing the problems.

In Pioli's mind, he "addressed" the QB situation by keeping Matt as the starter and signing Brady Quinn.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-11-2013, 10:45 AM
I have a feeling Dorsey will be here a while (10+ years).....

Frosty
03-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Well, I hope that Dorsey ranks players on whether they can play or not and not mainly on if they are a good leader.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2013, 11:25 AM
In *****'s mind, he "addressed" the QB situation by keeping Matt as the starter and signing Brady Quinn.

Good thing we don't have to worry about that fuck anymore then isn't it.

J Diddy
03-11-2013, 11:44 AM

Seriously. If you're stroking long and hard to such a generic statement as an indication of the changed direction of the franchise, then you probably ought to be the one offing yourself.

Please show me one GM that hasn't said it's their job to get good players and that will translate into wins.

The fucking funny thing is that he's saying it and it is being lapped up. Let's see if he does it.

ChiefsCountry
03-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Dorsey is doing a good job expect for at quarterback, which happens to be the only positon that really matters.

Frosty
03-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Dorsey is doing a good job expect for at quarterback, which happens to be the only positon that really matters.

I'm waiting to see what happens here. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that they still draft one plus we still don't know the exact compensation for the Smith trade.

Internet Tough Guy
03-11-2013, 12:02 PM
I think Dorsey gets it too bro. :thumb:

buddha
03-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Dorsey is the real deal. Dude does not consider himself to be the show as did the previous two pieces of shit. Dorsey is focused on making the Chiefs better. If it's so obvious to some of you, why wasn't it being done before. It's not obvious...it should be, but it's not.

Rausch
03-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Dorsey is the real deal. Dude does not consider himself to be the show as did the previous two pieces of shit. Dorsey is focused on making the Chiefs better. If it's so obvious to some of you, why wasn't it being done before. It's not obvious...it should be, but it's not.

Or...that.

Internet Tough Guy
03-11-2013, 12:10 PM

i feel like i just got a glimpse of the smartest person in the worlds post.

Armadillo Skin
03-11-2013, 12:18 PM

One of those little kids on the AT&T commercials said the exact same thing. And as far as the candy bar wrapper goes, how is that not the sole responsibility of supervisor of the custodian crew?

KC Tattoo
03-11-2013, 12:22 PM
We will have the best RT in pro football dammit! :cuss:

Our QB is going be shit but our RT with our #1 pick is going be the best.

keg in kc
03-11-2013, 12:25 PM
In *****'s mind, he "addressed" the QB situation by keeping Matt as the starter and signing Brady Quinn.Seriously. Dorsey starts his tenure with exactly the same move, and he's miraculously fixed the QB position? We've traded Huard for Cassel for Smith. Nothing's been "addressed". That's just changing the name on the back of the jersey.

Not to say I don't like the other moves so far. Although that also isn't really any change from 2009, either, when ***** kept all the same players that Dorsey has re-signed.

KC_Lee
03-11-2013, 12:32 PM
We will have the best RT in pro football dammit! :cuss:

Our QB is going be shit but our RT with our #1 pick is going be the best.

A true fan's wet dream.

dj56dt58
03-11-2013, 12:38 PM
According to this place you have to have a great Qb to get to the Super Bowl and Alex smith sucks..yet smith made it to the NFC championship game and likely would have gone to the Super Bowl this year with smith had he not got hurt.

So either smith sucks and you can still get to the Super Bowl with a talented team or smith doesn't suck. Yet when we make moves to improve the team around alex everyone bitches that its not a Qb :shrug:

KC_Lee
03-11-2013, 12:46 PM
According to this place you have to have a great Qb to get to the Super Bowl and Alex smith sucks..yet smith made it to the NFC championship game and likely would have gone to the Super Bowl this year with smith had he not got hurt.

So either smith sucks and you can still get to the Super Bowl with a talented team or smith doesn't suck. Yet when we make moves to improve the team around alex everyone bitches that its not a Qb :shrug:

Might be due to the fact that this team has never, in its entire history, drafted and developed a starting QB.

Alex Smith just reeks of the same old crap that this team has done over and over and over and over to no avail.

Ebolapox
03-11-2013, 12:52 PM
yeah--I'll believe that he 'gets it' when he drafts and develops a FRANCHISE FUCKING QB that leads us to PLAYOFF WINS and then A FUCKING SUPER-BOWL.

doesn't HAVE to be in the first round--they can be had outside of the first, but it requires shit-tonnes of luck to do it that way. the majority of franchise guys are first rounders.

and no, trading for alex smith doesn't exactly fucking cut it for me. even IF he wins a playoff game for us, that's not fucking good enough--now, if he wins us a super bowl, sure. I'll be fucking STOKED--but this REEKS of the same bullshit we always do.

ChiefMojo
03-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Oh we will likely draft a QB in the 3rd round and many on this board will still b*tch.

BigCatDaddy
03-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Oh we will likely draft a QB in the 3rd round and many on this board will still b*tch.

Because those 3rd round QB's have won so many Superbowls the last twenty fucking years!

Ebolapox
03-11-2013, 12:58 PM

yeah, no shit. and we have EVERY FUCKING RIGHT TO BITCH. show-me state. you know who was a third rounder? brodie croyle. he never did SHIT for us. neither did mike elkins, matt blundin, pat barnes OR steve stenstrom (ricky stanzi ain't looking too good either).

I'll fucking bitch until said third rounder SHOWS HE'S A FUCKING FRANCHISE QB (to be fair, the first rounder drafted would get MUCH more lee-way from me--they've got a MUCH higher success rate).

KC_Lee
03-11-2013, 02:03 PM
I'll ****ing bitch until said third rounder SHOWS HE'S A ****ING FRANCHISE QB (to be fair, the first rounder drafted would get MUCH more lee-way from me--they've got a MUCH higher success rate).

This, over and over.

I really don't care if it's a 3rd round pick, 4th round pick, or hell even if KC petitions the NFL to expand the draft back 10 12 rounds and we take a QB in the 12th round.

Just draft and develop a QB!

SNR
03-11-2013, 02:11 PM

Mark Sanchez made it to the AFC Championship game twice. Why aren't we acquiring him?

SNR
03-11-2013, 02:12 PM

"Russell Wilson was a 3rd round pick. Is Russell Wilson not fucking good enough for some of you whiners?!?"

^
What you sound like

Ebolapox
03-11-2013, 02:38 PM
"Russell Wilson was a 3rd round pick. Is Russell Wilson not ****ing good enough for some of you whiners?!?"

^
What you sound like

OMGZ JOE MONTANYA IN THE THIRD ROUND IN 1979, TOM BRADEE IN THE SIXTH ROUND IN 2000 AND KURT FARMER UNDRAFTED! IT'S SO EASY TO GET A LOW ROUND QB TO WIN SUPAH BOALS 4 YOU~! FIRST ROUND QBS R TOO RISKEE!~

(love how ****ing true fans point out exceptions and not the ****ing RULE)

Reerun_KC
03-11-2013, 02:38 PM
What do you mean by "gets it"

MotherfuckerJones
03-11-2013, 02:53 PM
I also like signing players that are NOT ex Pats, Browns, Raiders

-King-
03-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm withholding judgment.

-King-
03-11-2013, 03:02 PM
It DOES mean something.

Our last GM didn't do that.

Pioli re-signed Charles, DJ, Hali, and Flowers.

It's going to take more than re-signing Bowe and franchising Albert to convince me that Dorsey knows what he's doing and we can win a SB with him as GM.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-11-2013, 03:36 PM
What do you mean by "gets it"

This wife broke from the union and isn't withholding.

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2013, 11:00 PM
***** re-signed Charles, DJ, Hali, and Flowers.

It's going to take more than re-signing Bowe and franchising Albert to convince me that Dorsey knows what he's doing and we can win a SB with him as GM.

Who gives a fucking rat's ass why you think?

You have the brain power of fucking dust mite.

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2013, 11:00 PM
I'm withholding judgment.

LMAO

Whoa, the Queen has spoken.

jimw51
03-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Alex Smith hadn't even thrown a pass I will give him chance unlike many on this board.

PriestMVP31
03-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Alex Smith hadn't even thrown a pass I will give him chance unlike many on this board.

He's been in the NFL for 8 seasons.

-King-
03-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Who gives a fucking rat's ass why you think?

You have the brain power of fucking dust mite.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/puddinpops.gif

AussieChiefsFan
03-11-2013, 11:36 PM

Wow, that's some deep stuff right there. Glad I wasted 10 seconds of my life reading that gibberish.:spock:

BigCatDaddy
03-12-2013, 06:37 AM

Actually he has thrown about 9 seasons worth.